Anyone going to do a 6 month rotation with STS?

zellybelly

Cathlete
Anyone planning to do STS as a 6 month rotation? If memory serves me correctly they said we could do each workout twice, I kind of like this idea being familiar with the workout.

6 months is a long time.though it sorta makes since since your doing a different workout every day. i was going to do 3,then p90x,p90x+,jl,body blast,or buts and guts.first i have to see what my impression is of it.

laura

I was planning on doing STS, then ordering CLX depending on people's long term reviews, should be able to get it on ebay by then anyway.

I think the idea of 6 months might feel too long. But curious, when you say do the workouts twice, do you mean for example:
week 1, disk 1, 2, 3
week 2: disk 1, 2, 3
week 3: disk 4,5,6
week 4: disk 4,5,6

And so on...

In the original post about STS on the blog they said it could be a 6 month program which means you do each workout twice.

I think I'd be bored out of my gourd doing ANY program for 6 months, no matter how good it is.

I like a variety of workouts (and types of workouts) and instructors.

I'm currently doing a CLX rotation (which will take 3 months), then I plan to take a recovery week or two, then do STS for 3 months (maybe...I'll have to see what I think of it when I finall get it. I may end up not doing it as planned, or maybe doing more of an undulating periodization, one week of meso 1, 1 week of meso 2, 1 week of meso 3 ,etc.).

But curious, when you say do the workouts twice, do you mean for example:
week 1, disk 1, 2, 3
week 2: disk 1, 2, 3
week 3: disk 4,5,6
week 4: disk 4,5,6

And so on...

I think that's what SNM had suggested when someone asked.

I plan to do it all the way through once and then start over and hope I can increase weight. I only use Cathe dvd's so with so many different wo I don't think I will be bored.
Joan

6 months

Hi,

I had originally wanted to do the program for 6 months, but that was if it had come out back in Oct or Nov. (I know, wishful thinking!). I always do most of my serious weight training during the winter months and I personally like repeating workouts and I like not having to plan what I'm going to do. But, since I probably won't start until late Jan. I'm going to do the 3 month program, take a few weeks off of focused weight training, then focus on riding my bike and running and do p90X+ which was a great compliment to those activities last summer.

Tracy

I plan to do it more than once, but with at least a month break in between to change things up. Since you're only doing each workout once, I don't think repeating it two or three times a year, if it works for me, would be hard as far as repetitiveness because there are so many workouts.

I just bought CLX and even the thought of doing CLX and then STS which will be a 6 1/2 month committment is giving me pause.

When I first pre-ordered STS, my thoughts were that I wanted to do the program at least once as design and if I liked it and saw results then do it once a year.

Saundra

My husband and I plan on doing STS twice next year, the 1st time starting in January (once we get it) and I believe the 2nd time around August 1st. We will just plan other rotations in between the STS rotations. :)

Denise

I think I'd be bored out of my gourd doing ANY program for 6 months, no matter how good it is.

I like a variety of workouts (and types of workouts) and instructors.

I'm currently doing a CLX rotation (which will take 3 months), then I plan to take a recovery week or two, then do STS for 3 months (maybe...I'll have to see what I think of it when I finall get it. I may end up not doing it as planned, or maybe doing more of an undulating periodization, one week of meso 1, 1 week of meso 2, 1 week of meso 3 ,etc.).

Kathryn, using STS as an undulating periodization prgram sounds like a great idea.

I will be doing STS for 3 months and then follow it with CLX during triathlon training.

Hallo,

I'd like to know more about the CXL wo. I've googled it and found the "sales" site but I'd like to hear more about people's experiences/thoughts about it.

However, discussing a Cathe competitor on Cathe's site doesn't feel right. Can someone steer me in the right direction internet wise (or send me a pm)?

Thanks & regards
Rosemarie

Hallo,

I'd like to know more about the CXL wo. I've googled it and found the "sales" site but I'd like to hear more about people's experiences/thoughts about it.

However, discussing a Cathe competitor on Cathe's site doesn't feel right. Can someone steer me in the right direction internet wise (or send me a pm)?
We can (and do!)discuss this in the Open Discussion forum here (which Cathe and SNM have set a side for us to discuss 'anything,' including workouts by other instructors.

You can also check out the discussion at www.videofitness.com .

Hi Rosemarie! Thank you for your consideration regarding this matter as we are recently having some issues occur which either violate our forum policy and/or visit gray areas. As a result we have most recently stickied our commercial posting policy which I will copy and paste here. We are also going to be spending more time in open discussion to monitor things a little more closely. Thank you to everyone in advance for complying with our company forum policy and also thank you for continuing to bring any questionable posts to our attention. You have all been wonderful. Take Care :)

COMMERCIAL POSTINGS
We would like to once again remind everyone that we don’t allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used for “customers” who want to openly and honestly discuss other fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote or sell their products. Though this has been a problem for many years, lately it seems to have greatly expanded. If you work for another fitness company either directly or indirectly or are an internet or stealth marketer... we ask that you not post on our site about any products you sell.

Customers on our site need to know that discussions about fitness DVDs and products are honest and from fellow customers, not from sellers that appear and seem to be customers. Threads and posts that violate our forum rules will be deleted and users that violate our rules will have their accounts deactivated.
http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255650

Hallo,

Thanks & regards
Rosemarie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.