Another 1RM question

Dela

Cathlete
Hi all, I tried searching on 1RM but getting no matches, which I know is just impossible, so I'm just going to ask.

I think I might have misunderstood how to calculate my 1RM with the calculator. I had assumed that I need to choose a weight that is heavy enough that I fail by 10 reps, then use the calculator to find the 1RM.

But something I recently read made me think about this differently.

So for example, if I choose 55 pounds for squats, but can get to 14 reps, can I use these numbers and the calculator to find my 1RM?

Thanks for you advice!

Hi all, I tried searching on 1RM but getting no matches, which I know is just impossible, so I'm just going to ask.

I think I might have misunderstood how to calculate my 1RM with the calculator. I had assumed that I need to choose a weight that is heavy enough that I fail by 10 reps, then use the calculator to find the 1RM.

But something I recently read made me think about this differently.

So for example, if I choose 55 pounds for squats, but can get to 14 reps, can I use these numbers and the calculator to find my 1RM?

Thanks for you advice!

Usually, the most accurate calculation of your 1RM comes when you can lift the weight you chose for any reps between 6 and 10. That's what I've read in most sites, anyway. I'm sure that 11 or 12 reps would not set your 1RM off by too much, since there's always a margin of ±5lbs.

Chris.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.