Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > STS Forum

STS Forum Please post all questions about our STS Strength Training series in this forum.

1RM Test - So Easy a Caveman can do it

This is a discussion on 1RM Test - So Easy a Caveman can do it within the STS Forum forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; You can easily determine the importance of each 1RM by checking the exercises rating in the chart: five stars means ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Default 1RM Test - So Easy a Caveman can do it

You can easily determine the importance of each 1RM by checking the exercises rating in the chart: five stars means it is highly recommended that you establish a 1RM, while one star indicates an exercise that is not as essential to establish a 1RM. Blank lines are provided in the chart so that you can record your results, but consider using our online version of the Workout Manager (http://cathe.com/workout) to record this information for greater flexibility in making changes as you progress, and to automatically create your workout cards.

1RM Test Exercises Download:

http://cathe.com/tutorials/PDF/STS_1RM_Chart.pdf

Taking a 1RM test is easy. All you do is select a weight for each exercise you want to test for that you think you can do about 10 times maximum with good form. Then perform the exercise doing as many reps as possible.

For example, say you wanted to do a 1RM test for Barbell Curls (Shown as exercise number #178 on your download form). You would simply load your barbell with a weight that you thought you could lift about 10 times with proper form (record this weight in the space provided on the 1RM forms you downloaded). Let’s assume you think you can do 10 standing barbell curls, with a total barbell weight of 50 pounds. Next you would perform the exercise and write down the total reps you actually did on your downloaded form. Let’s assume you thought you could do 10 curls, but actually did 12 (in this case you would record 50 lbs and 12 reps on your 1RM sheet).

You would then go to the 1RM calculator and select “Barbell Curl, Standing” from the exercise list. For the next step, you would enter “50 lbs” for your weight lifted and “12 reps” for actual reps performed. Click the calculate button and our 1RM calculator shows that your maximum lifting weight (1RM) for “Barbell Curl, Standing” is estimated to be 72 pounds. Once we know this number we can easily tell you what weight you should use for any intensity level.

Last edited by SNM Videos; 01-08-2011 at 04:37 PM..
Old 12-31-2008, 02:40 PM
g_lynn's Profile Fields

The 1RM Chart is awesome! I wasn't sure about how to do a few exercises...now I know!

Thanks!!
g_lynn
Old 12-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Cathlete
princessbear's Profile Fields

This may be a stupd question - but once we enter our 1RM, will the Workout Manager then calculate our 60%, 70%, etc. for us?
Old 12-31-2008, 02:50 PM
Cathlete
Dela's Profile Fields

This is awesome!! Thanks!
Old 12-31-2008, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbear View Post
This may be a stupd question - but once we enter our 1RM, will the Workout Manager then calculate our 60%, 70%, etc. for us?

Yes, the Workout Manager will do all the calculating for you.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:03 PM
Cathlete

Beautiful job! Thanks bunches.

jordan
Old 12-31-2008, 03:17 PM
Cathlete
exer_cited's Profile Fields

Default So pretty, I almost don't want to write on it!!

I just printed this out and WOW!!

I've been procrastinating on getting my 1RM's done, but this has definetly motivated me.

Thanks for everything and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Melissa
Old 12-31-2008, 03:24 PM
Cathlete
JennieR's Profile Fields

SNM, when I click on the link under 1RM Test Exercises Download: I get this message:

The viewer cannot decrypt this document. Any idea why I can't view that link? Could it be something with my computer?

~Cathe Friedrich~

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Smoke free since 2-5-08

RIP: Jeffrey Lee Petrie
10-27-43 to 5-1-2010

Last edited by JennieR; 12-31-2008 at 03:31 PM..
Old 12-31-2008, 03:28 PM
Cathlete
orphylea's Profile Fields

OMG, this is terrific! Thanks so much! You should really make this info known to the masses that are going to see STS for sale- it would make it so accessible.

A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise. ~A.A. Milne
Old 12-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Catheite
beskinny's Profile Fields

WOW! This is great!! I've been procrastinating. The pictures of Cathe are very motivating!