1RM Question (hope it's not a repeat)

Boingo1

Cathlete
I apologize if this has been addressed before, If it has, please ignore!! :)

When you're doing alternate moves (as in Seated Alternate Shoulder Presses), do you count the number of reps as ONE per arm or ONE for both sides (as one set?).

I plugged in the number of reps as being one per arm, so I did 19 reps (one with each arm). Is that correct?

When you're doing alternate moves (as in Seated Alternate Shoulder Presses), do you count the number of reps as ONE per arm or ONE for both sides (as one set?).

I plugged in the number of reps as being one per arm, so I did 19 reps (one with each arm). Is that correct?

Usually when its an exercise that is "alternating" you count R/L as 1 rep.... I cant think of a Cathe lifting that counts it as 2 reps .....In regular lifting you complete R/L and count 1 tho.

BTW: Even IF it had been asked before...no sweat! Its not easy weeding thru hundreds of posts looking for key words.... ;)

1RM for Alternating Levers

You would count one rep as "ONE for both sides (as one set)"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.