1RM confused

Okay, so I could lift 45 lbs max for barbell curl 12 x's. What weight will I lift when I start the w/o? My 1RM is 65 and Cathenation average says 35 lbs. I understand it will be a % of my max weight I can lift. When I see what it seems to me their scale is saying I should lift at say 60% it still seems rather high. I am not looking to pull muscles and not be able to workout at all. Please don't think I am a whining wuss. I am just still a little lost and confused.

Christie

1RM

If your 1RM is 65 lb's for Barbell Curls, then in the first week of meso #1 where you will be lifting weights that are 60% of your 1RM you should use a barbell with a total weight of about 40 lbs. 60% may seem like a high amount of weight, but it really is not. Research shows that a person should be able to get around 20 reps when using a weight that is 60% of their 1RM for an exercise.

christie--

I know what you mean. I was looking at some of the exercises in meso 1 and apparently 60% of my 1rm for the 21's on the first cd is 25lbs--each hand!! Are they crazy?! I'll give it my best.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.