1-Arm Tricep Extension

SirenSongWoman

Cathlete
I was just watching one of the STS clips at YouTube and am thrilled Cathe's doing the One-Arm Tricep Extension instead of her usual style, using both arms simultaneously. I've never felt comfortable with the two-arm, always having issues gripping the db (I don't know why) and over-arching my back. I never felt I was actually getting my triceps to do anything when I used two hands. But the one-arm version really gets in there and works my triceps. I am very pleased.

Am I the only one who has problems with the 2-arm Tricep Extension?

ETA: I think my post made no sense whatsoever. I must have been asleep this morning. So nevermind LOL!!

Last edited:
Yes! I did the 2 arm tricep extension this morning. I used 31.25# and didn't like trying to get it over my head, then it was hard to "get comfortable" with it to start. when I did the lying extensions I felt I got a better workout for my triceps.

I don't have problems with the two-arm overhead triceps extension, but in some ways, I like the 1-armed version better.

The most-recent issue of "Muscle and Fitness Hers" cues to do the 1-arm extension with the elbows back, out of periferal vision, and the hand going pretty much behind the opposite ear. I like that version of it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.