*Another* STS Preview Review

CollinsMom

Cathlete
I received my STS yesterday around mid-day. So far, I have previewed Discs 1, 2 and 3 from meso one, nothing from meso two (sorry), the first squat rack leg routine from meso three and the first plyo routine from meso three.

This series is amazing and I am PSYCHED. I previewed a few dvds this morning while I did some 1RM testing (yes, I'm a little late, I admit:eek:) and my husband thinks Cathe is a rock star. He also thinks I am a rock star, based on my weight for 1RM tests versus his, hahaha;)

This program could not be organized any better, and the text on the screen is soooo helpful. The music is AMAZING -- I agree with Heather that you don't hear it, you "feel" it. There are some really excellent form pointers that I've never heard before.

WARNING: there are a LOT of pushups in disc one. It's at least a hundred, maybe 150. I am scared!

On a different note, PLYO LEGS looks like soooo much fun. I might have to do this workout tomorrow. I doubt I will be able to make it to meso three before giving this one a try. I *heart* this kind of LB training, and I can't wait to sink my teeth into this one!

I'll be happy to answer any questions anyone has!

150 pushups? I'm guessing these are all broken up into several sets throughout the workout and not done together as in "Gym Styles." Yikes.

In the first meso, how many sets do we do with each exercise? Do you do one body part at a time or do they switch around, like a superset?

I meso one, the discs are broken into chest / shoulder / biceps, back / triceps, and legs. You do one set of about 15 reps for each body part, short rest, then move on to another exercise for the next body part. For disc two (back and tris), there was often a superset for back before moving on to tris.

As for the push-ups, yes they are broken up somewhat. But right after the warm up, she has you do 8 1.5s regular stance, then 8 1.5s wide stance, then THIRTY regular stance (single counts) so there is 45+ right off the bat. :confused:

Hi Katie,

Thanks for the preveiws, I love and can't wait to do the plyo leg work out :eek:
Any exercises on that you can share that made you say :eek::eek::eek: wow!!!!

Thanks,

Bri :)

Oh those dreaded pushups!:eek: How come they never seem to get any easier for me?!?!?

Thanks so much for the review of Meso 1, Katie!:D I'll have to wait until Friday to see all of this for myself. Can't wait!

Hi Katie,

Thanks for the preveiws, I love and can't wait to do the plyo leg work out :eek:
Any exercises on that you can share that made you say :eek::eek::eek: wow!!!!

Thanks,

Bri :)

Hey Bri, how have you been?? They pretty much all left me speechless:confused::confused::confused: More like OWWWW than WOW:eek::p

As soon as I get these in my hands (in about another hour or so), I'm doing the plyo. It was always my plan.;)

Thanks Katie for the great detail! These are the details I'm craving! I ordered at the end of 2008 so mine will be one of the last pre orders to go out. Le sigh.

As for the push-ups, yes they are broken up somewhat. But right after the warm up, she has you do 8 1.5s regular stance, then 8 1.5s wide stance, then THIRTY regular stance (single counts) so there is 45+ right off the bat. :confused:

I'm hoping I misread that!!! (All 4 times I read it and did the math:D:p;))
Yowza!!! I'm still waiting for my shipping notice. I'm a wee bit jealous, a wee bit grateful (no pushups - for now!) and a lot bit askeered! Weeeeeeeeeee!!! So ready!

Nan

I've been waiting for one of the squat rack leg routines to appear on a youtube clip. I think I need (want) a rack, but need some justification. Can you give me an idea of what the routine is like?

I don't think I am going to need a squat rack, honestly. I will go as heavy as I can on my bar (I can probably get 50# or so over my head), and then use my x-vest. If I need to, i'll have my husband spot me;)

My mind is a blur as I have watched STS for hours on end today, but I *think* that you do four sets of each exercise, 8 reps each set, with 120 seconds rest between sets. Like 4 sets of squats, 4 sets of lunges, 4 sets of deadlifts, and so on...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.