CHICAGO ROAD TRIP ANNOUNCEMENT:

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi All! It seems like I just started telling a few of you (in response to your questions), that we would no longer be having destination road trips, and boom, a phone call from the Grand Geneva Resort ( 80 miles outside of Chicago) calls to let us know they had a last minute cancelation for the weekend of April 13-15 2012. They said they can make it available to us if we are interested. As many of you know we’ve been looking into having a Road Trip in the Chicago area for the two years without a lot of success. Space is a premium in big cities and there just are not a lot of hotels directly in the heart of Chicago that have an available banquet room for an entire weekend large enough for our needs and at a price that would make sense. This is why we started looking at areas near Chicago, rather than directly in it, that made more sense to host a Cathe Road Trip. Even after doing that, we realized in order to keep the road trip cost at our low price of $299.97 we had to make some changes. So with that said, here is where we stand with being able to have a Chicago road trip.

The Grand Geneva resort, located 80 miles from Chicago and 50 from Milwaukee is ONLY available to us for the weekend of April 13, 2012. I would happily be willing to have a road trip but before I commit to this date (and sign the contract), I need to first make sure there is enough interest in doing a Chicago road trip on this short of a notice, at this location, on this date for the same price of $299.97. Also, to keep the price at $299.97 per person we will include two delicious, full course meals ( Friday night and Saturday night dinners) with your registration fee. While you’ll be responsible for your other meals, I can tell you that there are so many eateries available on the resort that there shouldn’t be a problem getting food at a restaurant or getting some yummy nibbles for your room. Also, just as in the past, you’re responsible for your hotel room and transportation. Good News! Some things never change and I will still be teaching a total of 6 high energy classes and will spend the same amount of time as I always do meeting and bonding with all of you. I could never give up my time with you! We’ll still meet for a question and answer period and find fun things to do together when time permits around our scheduled events.

I do have to make a decision on this in the next few days so please spread the word and let me know if you would definitely attend this event if it were to be held April 13 -15th. If we have enough interest I will sign the contract and see you in April!

Directions to the Grand Geneva:

http://www.grandgeneva.com/grand_geneva_directions.asp

Basic room rate: Run of House Guest Room $139.00 per night

Upgraded room rates:

King Guest Room $164.00 per night
Jr. Suite $239.00 per night
King Suite $214.00 per night
Premier Suite $264.00 per night
Executive Suite $289.00 per night

Also a campus fee will apply to all guestrooms. This fee is currently $15.00 per room per day. The campus fee includes wireless internet connection in the guest room, valet parking, trolley transportation on the grounds on regularly scheduled routes and at scheduled times; access to the Fitness Center, locker room, sauna, steam room, lap pool and fitness classes; all local, credit card and toll-free telephone calls, two bottled waters per day; daily paper; incoming facsimile messages; and in-room coffee. Subject to change without notice.

Last edited:
Looking for roomate or mates!

Hi all i would love to go! My issue is funds! I will be done with radiation by then and would love to go as a gift to my self for eveything that ive been thru this past year with breast cancer! BUT i would def. need roomates to swing the cost of the hotel. I have waited for this for so long and would LOVE to go! So i was wondering if there would be any takers.? I live in central Illinois and would hate to miss this opportunity! Let me know if anyone would like to room with me! My new email is [email protected]. If you would want to email me. Thanks bunches! I havent signed up yet because of this very reason.

Tricia Haley

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.