Yoga Check In Dec. 12

RapidBreath

Cathlete
I did my Kathy Smith Yoga Basics tape yesterday. I also did HSCkt and 3 mile walk with Leslie. In answer to a question about the intensity of Leslie Sansone, its really easy. I use it to warm me up for other things. This time it was for my yoga. I just did not want to clean the bath tub and take a bath. :eek:
This morning its a light jog/hike. Tomorrow should be LM. My calves are feeling it from yesterday. I hope I'm recovered enough for LM tomorrow otherwise it might be RS. I expect to practice some yoga later today and some on Sunday.

I hope that everybody is well and getting plenty of yoga.:)

I got GS Chest and Triceps in today.

I think I'm going to do something funky tonight, find an online radio that plays new age stuff, and practice with that.

*waves to all* Happy Friday! :)

Wondering what "funky" practice you did to your new age music, Lori!

This is funny. My DD had a gymnastics competition today and felt nervous. So I tried to teach her the meditation from kundalini yoga: think Sat when you breathe in, and Nam when you breathe out, closing your eyes, looking up toward your brow. Well, after the competition, she and her friend tell me that they did the "hee haw" meditation before every event!

As for me, I did Tracey's cardio sweatfest kickbox today... and it royally kicked my butt!!! That workout is an absolute killer if you really put your all into it. I love those drills.

when its too cold

to feel my nose I'm not wogging in it! This morning I'm doing my old kathy Smith Weight loss workout which is basic hi/lo. Then I may do the yoga basics tape (no honestly they are both on vhs.) Having a few lower intensity workouts does not seem to hurt me at all. I think it is the cleaner eating and watching my calorie intake that makes all the difference. I've been making sure I get more veggies (spaghetti squash instead of spaghetti, whole wheat lasagna, tangerines, bananas, spinach salads.) And I've been cycling my calories about 500 to 700 calories every other day. I need to focus on adding more protein. Thats the next frontier for me.

So how is everybody doing? I hope that you are well, calm, and focused. Namaste.

I've been MIA all week. Just been very busy at work. Still I did manage to the Cathe's PS series along with Step Heat and STep Jam this week. But no yoga.
This week I will focus on circuit style workouts and yoga.
I ordered AOS Newport yesterday. Thats about all for me.

6449927_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Good Morning!

I have to play a little catchup:

Monday: Kettlebells and intervals

Tuesday: Finally did the full practice on Power Yoga for Happiness 2. Loved it! Very leg intensive. My legs and glutes were sore all day yesterday and still a little bit today. This only had 2 arm balances - crow and side crow (was able to do side crow for a few seconds on right side but not on left) and a shoulderstand was the only inversion and he didn't hold it that long. This was challenging and I was sweating buckets. PY4H1 has a lot more arm balances and 2 does a lot more leg work and shoulder and chest stretches. I also liked the ab work in 2 (he does boat pose with arms bound in back).

Today: AOS Providence. First time doing this one. Loved it! I didn't do the full round on some of the exercises. My whole midsection is sore from the ab work (pullovers, Russian Twists and Sicilian Crushers (these were brutal). I used a 20# kb for all the exercises.

Delfinn - Yes, Tracey's Cardio Sweatfest is really a sweatfest! A little boring for me but definitely effective. I'm one that likes more choreographed combos. How'd your DD make out in her gymnastics competition?

RapidBreath - I agree on the clean eating. I think that's going to make a major difference for me. I eat pretty clean during the day. It's only for dinner that I have a problem (DH is not a clean eater by any stretch of the imagination). I cook on the weekends and make clean meals but he makes meals during the week and things get harder. At least I got him to eat whole grain bread and pasta for starters. He was really nice and made me an egg white omelet this morning.

It was hard at first for me to add in more protein but then things got easier. I usually eat eggs for breakfast, then an apple and peanut butter for snack. I usually have chicken for lunch. I bring a bag of grilled chicken with me to work and have that for 4th meal or I have a yogurt or string cheese and then I have some kind of meat or chicken or fish for dinner.

Waves to everyone!

Marcy

I've been MIA all week. Just been very busy at work. Still I did manage to the Cathe's PS series along with Step Heat and STep Jam this week. But no yoga.
This week I will focus on circuit style workouts and yoga.
I ordered AOS Newport yesterday. Thats about all for me.

6449927_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Tami - I also ordered Newport and Firepower. I'm debating on Santa Monica which is on sale today. Providence was plenty for me. I don't think I'll be trying Newport for awhile.

Marcy

PY4H1 has a lot more arm balances and 2 does a lot more leg work and shoulder and chest stretches.
It's been a while, but I think I remember #1 featuring Galavasana, right? I do lotsa face plants with that one! :D Someday I'll get it though...someday. *daydreams*

I decided to be crazy and join Debbie's December rotation. I'm sore already, and it hasn't even been 24 hours. I may need yoga now more than ever.

It's been a while, but I think I remember #1 featuring Galavasana, right? I do lotsa face plants with that one! :D Someday I'll get it though...someday. *daydreams*

I decided to be crazy and join Debbie's December rotation. I'm sore already, and it hasn't even been 24 hours. I may need yoga now more than ever.

Yeah, I think 1 has Galavasana or something similar. This guy makes it look so easy:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1053551/get_slimmer_in_sixty_days_with_yoga_galavasana/

I haven't quite gotten there yet either.

Today I did Boot Camp cardio premix and then Janis Saffell's Dynamic Stretch. I find I really need to stretch after doing kettlebells. I'm glad I'm doing yoga twice a week now.

Marcy

Holy Cow!

Maybe in 30 pounds but not today. :confused:

Today its Step Fit and Stretch Max 2 or 3. I did a hi/lo workout yesterday and then 3 mile walk with Leslie Sansone. In the afternoon I did my Kathy Smith Yoga Basics tape. For some reason that one bothered my lower back yesterday. I wonder if it was some delayed soreness from Low Max on Tuesday. I'm getting better about the eats. I have two low carb books to cook from. My idea is to use my healthy cook books like a rotation. Cook through one book at a time and see what happens. One book calls for soy flour which is something I avoid (estrogens+me=hormonal imbalance, I'm already estrogen dominant) so I may substitute almond meal for that.

Yeah, I think 1 has Galavasana or something similar. This guy makes it look so easy:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1053551/get_slimmer_in_sixty_days_with_yoga_galavasana/

I haven't quite gotten there yet either.

Today I did Boot Camp cardio premix and then Janis Saffell's Dynamic Stretch. I find I really need to stretch after doing kettlebells. I'm glad I'm doing yoga twice a week now.

Marcy

I did some very gentle yoga after 4DS Bootcamp cardio today, and by "gentle" I mean a nice, long Savasana. :D

I tried Galavasana just for laughs. It was indeed funny.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.