XxXxXLETS Go---->12.28-1.3.09XxXxX

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Today was The Empire State and 4DS kickbox stretch. I started the workout with the joint mobility warmup from disk 2. I did the entire workout with out the rests!!!:eek: but then could only do one minute of the challenge of the high pull/snatch at the end:( I'm bummed because I did so well with the snatches on Saturday, and really felt I nailed them. I did the whole workout with my 25#kettlebell...My biceps are talkin' to me already today!

Gin~ Are you home? How was your trip to Houston? I hope you had a nice weekend. What rotation are you doing this month? And how many questions can I ask you in one post????:p

Marcy~ What did you do today? How is your back and how was dancing on Saturday? I still have not received Santa Monica---have you? I don't know if you saw my last post on Sat..... In Feb I will be doing Pavels Enter the Kettlebell. There is a book and a dvd (I got the book at Borders, you don't really need the dvd if you have the AOS dvds, all the moves are in them) and my brother sent me the AOS workbook that goes with the Enter the Kettlebell book of Pavels. Anyway, its a 12 week program. The first 4 weeks are practicing the swing and the TGU's the next 8 weeks are the ROP program (seperating the girls from the women!) where you do ladders of clean and press and pullups, parts and all of Providence and Newport, and snatches. the 12 week program is 4 days a week, but you can add a day or two to make it 5 or 6 days. Read about it on the AOS website, and if you are interested, we can start in Feb:)

My rotation till Feb: always doing the joint mobility section first as a warm up...
monday: The Empire State
tuesday: alternating 4DS bootcamp only with 4DS kickbox only
wednesday: Manmakers from ES
thursday: yoga or stretch
friday: Providence
sat: a kb workout mostly cardio

My DH said he will take pictures of my workout room and help me post them tonight!

Have a great day girlies!!! We are just hanging around the house today, the boys are having friends over....

Good Afternoon!

My back is feeling much better but I'm not feeling 100% yet so I decided to take it easy a little bit and I did Attitude Ballet & Pilates Fusion with Bernadette Giorgi. Pretty good bar workout. Had a little bit of resistance work with a medicine ball (I used a 5# dbbl). Then I did Stretch Max 1.

Deanie - I haven't received Santa Monica yet. I ordered on 12/17 (which I think is the same day you ordered it). I told them I had received Empire State which I ordered a day later and also mentioned I had a friend that didn't receive Santa Monica either and was wondering if it shipped yet.

Sports Authority is having a sale on KBs. The Go Fit 25# is $47.99 and the 20# one is 39.99. I think I will get both and probably get a sports bra so I can get to $100 and then get $25 off. The sale is through Thursday. This way I can do Firepower with my two 20s and do some of Providence and Empire State with the 25#. I haven't tried the Joint Mobility Section from KBW2 but will do it when I do my next KB workout.

Dancing was great on Sat. The choreographer remembered me from NY. He taught about 5 or 6 dances (nightclub, hip-hop (I was surprised I didn't have a problem with that one) and a few others. It wasn't too crowded which was nice.

Your rotation looks good. Isn't it much easier to think up rotations now that you're doing KBs? Can't wait to see pics of your workout room. I'll have to go look at AOS regarding the next rotation. You know me, I get bored easily so I don't know if I can stick with doing only a couple of moves. When are you getting your Keith Weber DVD?

Gin - Hope you had a nice trip to Houston. My spa day worked out great although I probably could have used a deeper massage. DH went with me a got one too. While I was getting the massage, one of the ladies walked it and said "your husband got you a Christmas present" and proceeded to give me a facial! To complete my day, I would up giving myself a haircut which came out nice. I just layered it more all over, cut a couple of inches off the bottom. Much more manageable now.

Have to get back to work.

Marcy

Good Afternoon Girls!

Drove in from Houston late yesterday and brought my 9 year old nephew back with us. Then he will fly back on New Year's Day.
I had a good visit with my family and my mom is doing a lot better.:)

I started Fitness Freak's Jan. rotation today with Chest and Triceps from PUB and MM then PUB abs. I used my new pace weights!:)
Sat was CM, Sun was original BC cardio only and Mon was run 3 miles. My ds21 ran with me which was nice!!

Deanie~Are you and your boys enjoying your break? My nephew is watching Yours, Mine and Ours (the one with Lucille Ball) right now. We have played Kings in the Corners and Jenga and may go to a basketball game this aft and make cookies...whew!:p

Marcy~Sorry you aren't feeling 100%. How is your back today? Glad you enjoyed dancing the other night. What a nice spa day you had and then with an added surprise of a facial! Isn't it nice to be pampered every so often?:)

Have a great day ladies!

Good Afternoon!

Today I did Deb Dobbins' Spirit of Vinyasa Flow. I had a pretty good practice - good flexibility and balance although didn't do well with the arm balances at all. I was able to do backbends so I guess that's a good sign I'm betting back to normal. I was also able to do lotus on both sides.

Gin - Welcome back! Glad to hear your mom's doing a lot better. I guess you liked your pace weights?;) Always loved Yours, Mine & Ours. My family is a yours, mine and ours only we only have 3 instead of 18 kids (was it 18?) The pampering was great. I'd love to be able to get a massage once a month.

Deanie - Where are you today? I was hoping to see pics of your workout room. I'm off to try and find the rotation on the AOS website. Did you get Santa Monica? I just got mine yesterday.

Marcy

New Years Eve Day! Wednesday

Good Morning!

Today was Providence. I switched my workouts around since the boys are at a sleepover and Providence is 50 min. long. I used the 4DS kickbox stretch after Providence. I used my 25#kb for the entire workout, took the one minute rests, and was able to complete (at my own slower pace) rounds 8 (flip and squat- I did the high pull), and round 9 (tactical lunges):D Also for round 12 (seated press) I did the whole round with a 25#kb:D but was only able to go down the ladder to 2 presses on each side. (which I am happy about, making progress!) I did the snatch test today: 3 sets of 5 with my 25#kb:D:):D!! (a personal best- I did rest between some snatches, but I don't care!:p) This is why I took the rests today, I wanted to get thru rounds 8&9 and do the snatch test!!

Any plans for tonight gals? We are doing nothing, just hanging out the four of us, and LOVING it!!;):D We will probably go to bed before midnight!

Yesterday we ran a TON of errands, so today I am happy to just go to the Library!

Gin~ It sounds like you had a nice visit with your family. I am glad to hear your mom is better! How nice for you and your nephew to spend time together! Love Yours mine and ours!! We rented that this summer for the kids and they loved it too!! Did you get to workout today? Fitness Freaks rotation looks good---and challenging!! Have fun:)

Marcy~ Your day of pampering sounds loverly!! I would love a massage, I've never had one. How is your back today? How did you like Santa Monica? I got mine yesterday, and WOW, I am buying the ropes! Did you understand the email I sent you about the Enter the Kettlebell program? I do think the first 4 weeks will be boring, but definitely worth the work when you get to the next 8 weeks. Like my brother said, really I've only been doing kb's exclusively for about 3 weeks, in the larger scheme of things, whats 4 weeks of working on your form if you are going to do kettlebells for years to come. And although I was hesitant at first, I think he's right. The swing and the TGU are the basics of kbs and I do want to get them right, so for me ETK is a good next step. I also think when I'm done the program, I will be stronger and my endurance will be better and I will feel more confident tackling Firepower (which totally intimidates me!!:eek:) and even Santa Monica. Oh, got the Keith Webber dvd, it looks good...very challenging. I probably won't do that one either till after ETK.

I haven't used my gift card yet, and they sell ropes on ebay for $1.23 a foot. I am going to get 40ft. I measured, and if I use a pole in my basement, this will work fine. I can also move up and make the rope shorter, till I get the hang of it. I also found a pull up bar for $29.99 and it attaches to the wall, even cider block, so I am going to get that too.
I went to Sports Authority yesterday to get another 25# kb for Empire State, but I didn't like the bells they had. They weren't GoFit and the handles were Very rough. My hands are already cut up with blisters, I dont' need to help that along!! I think I am going to wait for another coupon to Dicks before I get another kettlebell. Target doesn't have a 25# and if they aren't on sale at Dicks, so I can wait.

Have a great last day of 2008!!!
BBL

eta: I did 4DS kickbox yesterday- love that workout!;)
PPS~ forgot to mention-- did you all see the clip of ab circuits? I am happy I cancelled my order. I don't see me ever using the partners ab work, and the pilates inspired ab work I already have something very similar and every thing she does with the plates you can or already do do with a ball. The one legged pikes though do look HARD!! what did you guys think?

Last edited:
Good Morning!

I'm back to normal so I did the Manmaker from KBW2 (only 1x through - didn't want to push it my 1st time back to KBs). I did the Joint Mobility Section first and then I did the Snatch Round from the first disk. I've done Manmakers before from Patrick's Hard Work Conditioning and Tracey also has these in her Parts DVD. I like them. I did the the whole 2 mins. of the manmakers, swings for 1:45 and all the crush curls. I probably could have used 25# for all of these. I also did 45 secs. of the hi-pull into the snatch, rested and then did 5 snatches on each side.

For cardio I did the Quick Step Power Shred from Lisa Rinna's Dance Body Beautful Learn & Burn DVD. There was a breakdown, slow, medium, fast and cooldown which took about 15 mins. In all honesty, except for the breakdown, the slow, medium and fast sections all felt the same to me and they were all pretty fast. I did the first four moves fine but when it came to the jumping jack and kick move, it was REALLY FAST. I guess doing it on carpet in sneakers didn't help matters.

Deanie - Great workout today! Your pull-up tower looks good. I guess because you're in the basement, it's best just to attach it to the wall rather than get a Door Gym like I have which I don't like to keep up permanently. I'll probably do a couple of days of the rotation with you each week but I don't think I can commit to 4 days/4 weeks of just swings and TGUs although I do admit it's good to get the form right. I do need to work on my TGU. Then I'll join you after the first 4 weeks. I just called my Sports Authority. They don't have the Go Fit KBs either.:mad:

Your pics look great! Looks like you have plenty of room to move around and for all your equipment. I'm jealous! It's good you have room for the ropes. I haven't looked at Santa Monica yet.

Just hanging out tonight. We usually don't go out New Year's Eve. We usually wind up falling asleep before midnight too but somehow I wake up for the stroke of 12.

Mindy Mylrea has the one-legged pikes on the ball in All About Abs. They are tough but I was able to do them. I'm also going to cancel Ab Circuits. They were still going to charge me $8.95 for shipping for one DVD! It's $2 cheaper at Collage and the price is $2 higher there. I can wait and get it later. I still want it but don't need it right now.

Gin - So are sticking with Fitness Freaks's rotation for the whole month? Are you doing anything special tonight?

Have a great day and a Happy New Year!

Marcy

Okay, my gift cards are smokin' !!!:cool:

I ordered the pullup bar and the ropes from ebay!!! I still have 16$ left!! I may go to Dicks and get another 25# just to spend the last of the gift card!;)

Marcy~ Great workout today! I really like snatches, now that I feel I've got my form down. They seem to work the whole body!!!:eek: I am going to try the kb's for the manmakers next time - Fri. I'm glad you'll join me on the ROP!! It won't be till March.. but cool!:cool:

waves to Gin!

Enter the kettlebell info:

http://www.artofstrength.com/OnlineForum/tabid/94/forumid/9/postid/10271/view/topic/Default.aspx

http://www.artofstrength.com/OnlineForum/tabid/94/forumid/9/postid/10032/view/topic/Default.aspx

These were 2 questions about the program and I think it explains ETK pretty well between both questions and answers.

also informative:

http://www.artofstrength.com/OnlineForum/tabid/94/forumid/9/postid/5140/view/topic/Default.aspx

I have been reading thru the ETK forum on AOS- good reading;) / informative

Good Afternoon Girls!

I had trouble sleeping last night and ddin't fall asleep until 3 am:eek:, so was too tired to run with my friends at 5:30, so went to plan B, which was SJP/SP cardio circuit premix. Fun step and hi/lo workout. My nephew did the hi/lo portion with me which made it kind of crowded!

We will go out for pizza tonight and maybe play some games. That's all. I know I will be tired after not sleeping well last night.

I do plan to do Fitness Freak's rotation the entire month. I have chest DOMS from yesterday. Tomorrow is PUB AND MM biceps and back. Dreading it already!

Sorry I don't have time for personals. Gotta see what my nephew is up to.

Happy New Year!

Went to Target and got another 20# Go Fit KB for $39.99. I got lucky because that was the last one on the shelf!

Deanie - I'm off to read the links now. Thanks!

Marcy

Deanie - 75 Pullups????!!! WTH!:eek::eek::eek:

I guess what they say is true: Whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger!

I'm off to go see if I can still manage 1!

Marcy

I only managed 2 half pullups:( I guess the second thing they say is true: if you don't use it, you lose it!

Marcy

Marcy~ I'm thinking I am going to be doing the assisted pullups! Congrats on the kettlebell purchase. :) What do you think, think you may join in, on weeks 1-4??;)

good kettlebell workouts:
(and a good kettlebell website)
http://newjerseycrossfit.com/

Last edited:
Happy New Year Girls!:D

Today was PUB and MM back and bis. I was dreading the bicep curls that would go on FOREVER, but it really wasn't that bad. Maybe when you aren't doing the rest of the upper body it is somehow easier.
I got my weighted vest in the mail yesterday and am close to ordering CTX. Lots of new toys. I have to stop.;)
We took our nephew to the airport this morning and I loved having him here, but it is the first day of my vacation that we now have the house to ourselves.:)
Did anyone do anything exciting for New Year's Eve? I was asleep by 10:30, which is late for me!

Marcy~How many kb do you have now? Congrats on the 2 half pullups. That is 2 more than I could do!

Deanie~ Who is doing 75 pullups? I missed that!

Have a great day!

Friday

Good Morning gals

Today was Manmaker 2X and the stretch from 4DS kickbox.

Stats:
warmed up with joint mobility

manmakers: 20#dbs
swings: 30# kb (felt really good, I think I will stick with this for swings)
triple crush: 25#kb

rest 2 min

manmakers: 20# dbs (did the last 2 with 15# dbs)
swingss: 30#kb
triple crush: wanted to use the 30#, but couldn't get a good grip on it. hands were too sweaty!:mad: so I used the 25#

I am going to continue to use the dumbbells for this, since I don't want to buy another 20#kb. I will buy another 25#kb, (but not in a rush).... but I am NO WAY ready to use them both for manmakers. I tried the 20 and 25 kb for the first one, and couldn't clean them both to my shoulders! two at once is a whole 'nother ball game!!:eek: (I had to rewind and start over again!)

Gin~ enjoy having the whole house to yourself!!:)

Marcy~ what did you do today? How is your back?

Have a great Friday gals!!!

Good Morning Girls!

Today I ran and then did BM2 abs, David Swenson yoga and SM#2. So happy to have one more day of vacation.:D

Have you girls seen Marley and Me? We wanted to see it when DS and DIL were here and it was sold out, so we went to see Eight Pounds, which was too intense for me! I still want to see Marley, even though I hear it is a tearjerker.

I ordered The Classics Vol.1 yesterday. I rarely hear anyone talk about it, so I hope I like it.

Deanie~Enjoy your vacation day with your boys!

Marcy~Are you back at work today? I couldn't remember.

Good Afternoon!

I got up a little late this morning so I did the Joint Mobility section for a warmup, Rounds 1-6 of Empire State and the stretch from BM2.

Round 1 - Did all the mountain climbers; had to do Russian Twists with my feet on the floor, did all chest presses.

Round 2 - Completed - did 1/2 getup with KB!

Round 3 - Had to slow down on the spider pushups (super plank) so didn't do as many reps as Anthony but finished.

Round 4 - Needed extra rest after squats and bottom windmills but completed everything.

Round 5 - Completed without a problem (although I could have had a bit better balance on the 1 legged deadlift)

Round 6 - Needed extra rests on overhead lunge and Fig 8 to a hold; no problem with Clean and Press.

Energy was all spent so I didn't do the bonus round.

I may not be doing much of Cathe anymore but I do love her warmups and stretches.

I had to go back to work today:( but I did have Wed. afternoon off and yesterday. I went to the mall yesterday so I could spend my Bloomingdale's gift card. I got Happy Heart Cologne, a 3/4 sleeve top and pantyhose. I also got a refill for my Daytimer to record my workouts.

My eating was really bad during the holidays and I hope to clean things up as much as possible. I took my measurements yesterday:

Waist - same
Above chest - lost 3/4"
Across chest lost 1/4"
Under chest - same
Low Hip - gained 1/4"
High Hip - lost 1/2"
Biceps - gained 1/2"
Left and Right mid-thigh - lost 1/2"
Left and Right inner thigh - gained 1/4"

Thighs - exactly the reverse of what I wanted:mad: I do feel I have more definition in my arms. My weight has been jumping all over the place.

Gin - Haven't seen Marley and Me but I've heard it's good. On New Year's Eve, we watched the Dark Knight. Probably the best of Batman. It was a really long movie and I struggled to stay awake. We watched the Peach Drop and the Times Square ball drop at the same time from the comfort of our home.

Some people still like the Classics. I never ordered it because I got Cardio Hits. I heard the Classics is more broken down than that so I didn't think it was going to be one I'd like. I guess if you like Cardio Hits, you'd probably like The Classics as well.

75 pullups is part of the rotation Deanie and I will be doing (or at least I hope I can do it!) I have two 20# KBs now and I plan on getting a 25# very soon since I feel I outgrew the 20 on many moves but now at least I can do some moves with two KBs (which like Deanie says is a whole 'nother story!)

Deanie - Great workout! You're getting so strong! My back is better but is still bothering me very slightly which is why I did the Russian Twists with my feet on the ground. Thanks for the link. I'm off to check it out. Did you order the ropes yet?

I was doing a bit of research last week on my body type (back to that again) and it did say that it's not abnormal for ectos to need more rest between sets. It makes more sense now that I gravitate more towards heavy with more rests (like S&H) and that I should be doing more low impact cardio because too much high impact will burn up calories needed for muscle gains. I know I keep hearing intervals are better but low impact seems to work better for me. Or that I should lay off it altogether in order to have enough recovery energy available for the body to even build muscle. I do find though that I definitely still need cardio but not too much.

Did you get Keith Weber's DVD yet? I wound up cancelling Ab Circuits too since I can get it cheaper with Collage (or maybe get it in a trade).

Sorry for the long post. Have a great weekend!
Marcy

Good Afternoon

Gin~ I did not see Marley and Me. I have the classics, but I never use it. They are cute/fun step workouts, not sure why I don't use them, they are easier than RS and SB. I hope you enjoy them.

Marcy~ Great workout today. Even though your eating was off, you seem okay with your measurements:). I got the Keith Weber dvd, not thrilled, it looks okay. But I won't be using it till after ETK. Also ordered the ropes on Wed., but they won't be shipped until Monday. so I am hoping to get them by the end of next week. I ordered the pullup bar too, but its on back order and won't be shipped till jan. 9th the earliest. I love Cathe's stretches too. I've been doing the 4DS kb stretch at the end of the kettlebell workouts. Have you been reading the Enter The Kettlebell forum at AOS? I have, in order to know what I'm up against next month!:eek:

forgot to add...I am going to see about starting a kettlebell check in. then we could all support/help each other with questions.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.