Just getting us started....

Happy Birthday Marcy!!!!:D:):D

I hope you have a great one!!:):):)

BBL....

back again!

Here is my workout for the day:
Newport
20#kb
*round 4: punch matrix/plank still the hardest for me; unable to do the full 30 seconds for the last round
*round 6: only able to do 3 sots press each side
*bonus round: snatch/tgu/windmill 25#kb
*snatch test 2 minutes 20#kb

*I forgot how hard this dvd is doing it all the way thru!!
eek.gif
smile.gif

*fun workout today!

great workouts yesterday everyone!!
Have a great day!

Happy Birthday Marcy!!!
Hope you get to do lots of fun stuff!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Deanie - Good job on Newport.

Hello to Jane, Andilynn, and Rhonda!

Last night I did squats with 5x5 working sets at 100lbs. My back is still feeling kinda tired, not sore, just tired. I may bag the deadlifts this week.

I also did the CrossFit HQ WOD from yesterday, but modified the pull-ups:

Walking lunge 100 ft.
21 Pull-ups (beginner)
21 Sit-ups
Walking lunge 100 ft.
18 Pull-ups (beginner)
18 Sit-ups
Walking lunge 100 ft.
15 Pull-ups (beginner)
15 Sit-ups
Walking lunge 100 ft.
12 Pull-ups (beginner)
12 Sit-ups
Walking lunge 100 ft.
9 Pull-ups (beginner)
9 Sit-ups
Walking Lunge 100 ft.
6 Pull-ups (beginner)
6 Sit-ups

The last couple rounds of lunges were tough. :eek:

Have a good day everyone! :)

Hi Everyone!

Deanie ~ Good job of Newport! That is one tough workout!

Gayle ~ What a fun workout! Gotta love those walking lunges. One of my favorite workouts ever is the Fab 40 workout that combines walking lunges with kettlebells. Fun and tough!

Tonight I'm meeting a friend at the park to go running so not my typical Tuesday workout. We are going to do some kettlebell work after our run.

Waves hello to Marcy, Andilynn and Farmer.

Have a great Tuesday!!!

Good Morning All!

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes. DH surprised me with a cheesecake this morning and balloons. I did indulge and it was really good! I guess I'll worry about the fat content tomorrow.

Today I did Newport rounds 5-8 (25#):

R5: No problem with the overhead lunges and side planks but didn't keep up with Anthony on the side snatches. I don't know why he included this round today when I just did snatches yesterday. I guess that's why I couldn't keep up.

R6: Squat Kicks/Sots Press/Standing Oblique Crunch - I guess my age is catching up with me because I could only do 2 sots presses on each side. I probably should have dropped down to 20# but I just felt like my body just gave out. No problem with the squat kicks and standing oblique crunches.

R7: Finally, an easy round. Did all of hand to hand cleans and dragon lunges. Did Russian Twists with 20# all with feet off floor and also did the bicycles.

R8: Kettlebell pushup and divebomber/cobra - Tough! Did all but didn't like this round. Did all janda situps.

Did cooldown and stretch from Lisa Nunziella's Dance to Enhance. Can't wait until next month when I can start doing some yoga again. I'm feeling really stiff lately.

Deanie - Great workout today! Just half of Newport feels like a full workout to me. I just realized I only did Newport once in January for Round 1-7 with 20#. No wonder 25# felt tough today.

Gayle - Great workout! I would agree about bagging the deadlifts if your back's still hurting. Not worth risking an injury.

Waves to Rhonda, Andilynn & Jane!

Have a great day!

Marcy

:)Greetings from the land of busy! And Im just in time to say Happy Birthday Marcy! Cheesecake, yummm sounds like the best kind of birthday cake! It must be the day for birthdays, my DH turns 52 today and I just finished putting the candles on his cake, he'll be home for lunch in a few minutes , I looked at the cheesecakes when I bought his but since it's not my birthday so I bought chocolate cake. Busy day today so I did a short workout, Imax 3 blasts only and medicine ball abs from STS, yesterday I did disc 4 from STS and was pleased at how many pushups I did on my toes, one day I will succeed and do them all without dropping to my knees!

Deanie- great job on Newport, I don't think I'll ever be crazy abou the punch matrix and I think that the Sots Press is tough!

Gayle-sounds like another great workout

Jane - enjoy your run!

Waves to all!

One of my favorite workouts ever is the Fab 40 workout that combines walking lunges with kettlebells. Fun and tough!

Jane - I printed that one out when you posted it on the forums before. I turn 40 later this month and plan to do it then. :)

Andilynn - Happy Birthday to your DH!

Andilynn - Thanks for the birthday wishes and happy birthday to your DH! Mine will be 54 on April 20. I hope you get cheesecake for your birthday!

Great job on the pushups! I wouldn't be surprised if you're able to do them all on your toes by the end of STS (or maybe even before!)

I don't really have a problem with the punch matrix but the sots press is probably the toughest exercise for me.

Jane - Enjoy your run and have a great KB workout!

Marcy

Happy Birthday Marcy! Hope you have a great day :).

So I am going to try this intermittent fasting deal. My goal will to eat during a window from 12-6 and not eat until 12 the next day. No workout yesterday.

Today went well. I didn't eat what I wanted because I forgot my lunch.

I ended up eating Pad Ke Mow (Thai food) and a cup of blueberries.

This morning I did round 1 of Providence 6 times.

Deanie- Glad you had a good birthday. Way to go on Newport.

Gayle- You kicked butt again. Hope your back feels better

Jane- Have a good run tonight.

Andilynn- Hope your DH has a good b'day. Way to go on the big girl pushups.

This really is the month of birthdays.

How do you change fonts?

Thanks, Farmer! Good luck with the intermittent fasting and let us know how it goes. Good work on Providence! That must have been an awful lot of swings.

Marcy

Thanks, Farmer! Good luck with the intermittent fasting and let us know how it goes. Good work on Providence! That must have been an awful lot of swings.

Marcy

You are welcome. I thought I was going to tumble over.

I am going to update my blog to track the IF.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.