xXxX Kettlebell x Tuesday XxXx

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!

todays workout: http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/
I've been doing a lot of ETK research on the DD forum lately. I usually try to shorten my rests between ladders, but according to the forum if you want to build strength you shouldn't do that. So yesterday I made myself wait a full minute between ladders, though I could have gone less, and starting tomorrow for my med. and heavy days I am going to rest a full 2 minutes between ladders. I think I tend to rush my workouts because I know if I'm late, everyone is late getting up and out to school. Plus, I 'm not a fan of working out longer than an hour. However, I may just have to wake up earlier:rolleyes: and take my workouts slower - I have to remember its not a race!

Gayle::: Wow! I can't believe your kitchen is almost done!!:):) You must be so excited!!! My workout today was not as tough as your swing/jumprope workout from last week! You have one wild DH to give himself stitches!! I don't think my DH could do that!:)

Jane::: How were the figure 8's? How's your mom doing?

Melissa::: Great workouts this weekend! Can't believe your DH/toe story!!! :) My DH would have been ER bound! Are you going to reschedule your RKC appointment? I am sorry to be an airhead, but are you just going to post your workouts weekly now?:confused: I liked the videos :)

waves to Rhonda and Marcy!

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning!

Deanie - I like that snatch workout. :) I totally hear you on the longer rests and the tendency to rush. I experienced the same thing with Starting Strength. The longer rests will help, even though they're kind of a pain, especially when you have other stuff to do. :confused:

Hi Melissa, Jane, Marcy and Rhonda!

Here's last night's workout, should look familiar :p:

Buy in: 12kg
10x halos
3 Rounds
* 5r/5l cleans
* 3x modified chin ups
Then, practiced some single clean and presses w/ 12 kg, and some one legged presses w/ 8kg. I think I'm going to have LHS issues on the presses when I go to RoP. I really wanted to start at 12kg, but I'm not sure if I should. :confused:

ETK: Swings for 15 minutes @ 16kg
* Alternate 15x swings and 50 jump rope
* 11 rounds swings, 10 rounds jump rope. Had to rest a little on round 4.

Cash out:
3 Rounds
* 10x weighted sit ups 25# plate
* 40x Russian twists, 12kg
* 5x K2A

Have a good day!

Hi All,

I'm going for a 3-4 mile run tonight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the rain will be gone by then.

Deanie ~ Figure 8's were fun but I did bang my legs every once in a while, especially in the later rounds. When I workout with my sister Mary, she rushes through the workout mainly because she hates to workout.

Mom is doing good. She had her first chemo treatment last week and only experienced some fatigue. On Friday she has her port put in and then she'll be set for her next chemo treatment on May 19. Her spirits are great and she has lots of friends and family supporting her. She went to work today for about 2 hours today (she works part time at the library).

Hi to Melissa and Rhonda.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Good Afternoon!!

Gayle:: Great workout!! About starting the RoP with the 12kg: If you can do 5X5 with it no problem, try the 16kg. If you can press the 16kg 3-5X then I think you can start with the 16kg. I think that's what they would say in the DD forums, and it may be in the book somewhere. HTH:confused:
I totally forgot to mention I got an ice cream maker on Sunday!!!! I made vanilla ice cream yesterday for the kids!! O. M. G!!!!! The best ice cream EVER!!!! I was only going to have a small taste, ended up having like 1/2 a cup!!!! YUM!!! I am going to try the coconut milk recipe next week. Thanks so much for mentioning it!! I also bought choc. and peppermint for the next batch to try for the kids: mint choc. chip!!

Jane:: Enjoy your run tonight. Glad your mom in doing well :)

I just finished the book: The Help. A GREAT book. I highly recommend it!

Here's the workout:
http://fitmiss.tv/index.php/workinit/3-record/67-wo532010

Deanie, I am only going to have one article a week and add to it each day I do a workout instead of writing a new article every time I post, but now that I'm looking at it I don't know what I think.
I speed up my rests too! I know I need to slow down, but like Gayle said: THERE ARE ALWAYS SO MANY OTHER THINGS TO DO! But now that I know you are working on it, too, it will be easier for me for some strange reason. :p

Gayle, I am happy to hear about your backsplash! So your kitchen is almost done - YAY!!!

Jane, I am happy to hear about your mom. Have fun on your run tonight! I hope it stops raining. It was storming like crazy here from 6 to 10, very beautiful and awesome. I love storms!

Gotta run! DD just got home and isn't happy with some decisions I made. I am so lame. :cool:

Melissa

Good Afternoon!!

I totally forgot to mention I got an ice cream maker on Sunday!!!! I made vanilla ice cream yesterday for the kids!! O. M. G!!!!! The best ice cream EVER!!!! I was only going to have a small taste, ended up having like 1/2 a cup!!!! YUM!!! I am going to try the coconut milk recipe next week. Thanks so much for mentioning it!! I also bought choc. and peppermint for the next batch to try for the kids: mint choc. chip!!

I just finished the book: The Help. A GREAT book. I highly recommend it!

I LOVE mint chocolate chip ice cream!! Let me know when it's ready and I'll be right over. :p

I have The Help on my wish list. I'm reading Moloka'i by Alan Brennert. I'm really enjoying it.

I LOVE mint chocolate chip ice cream!! Let me know when it's ready and I'll be right over. :p

I have The Help on my wish list. I'm reading Moloka'i by Alan Brennert. I'm really enjoying it.

:):) I am making it this Saturday afternoon! Come over any time!!:)

....going to look up Moloka'i now!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.