xxxooo Wednesday Kettlebellin' oooxxx

Good morning!

Hey Rhonda!! Hang in there chick...(((hugs))).

Melissa - I think I have a list a mile long of other peoples workouts that I want to do. :) I really liked your blog yesterday (re: insecurities). :cool:

Deanie - How are the blisters?

Hi Jane and Marcy!

The weather was really nice last night, and Rascal was really happy to see me when I got home, so he became part of my "buy in". :)

Buy in: 45 minute walk/jog with Rascal, then helped DH mulch the fruit trees (which all survived the winter :) ).

ETK: 9 minutes TGU
* 3r/3l @ 16kg - On the 3rd rep on the right side, I lost my focus on the way down, got unstable and had to dump the KB. :eek: Thank goodness for rubber mats.
* Finished out with 2r/2l.

No cash out.

Have a good day!

Good Morning!

Well I didn't workout yesterday. I got home late from mom's house, it was raining and yadda, yadda, yadda...I didn't do it! :)

Tonight I'm going for a 4 mile run. It will be my last workout this week as I have my 10K race on Saturday morning.

Rhonda ~ Sending you lots of love and {{{HUGS}}}. Stay strong, my friend!

Melissa ~ We all have our insecurities but you are amazing and beautiful. You are brave to post your workouts too!! I have 2 HUGE file folders with workouts that I want to do and so many others in my head.

Gayle ~ I'm glad Rascal helped you out last night. What kind of fruit trees do you have? I have an orange tree that will very likely yield us a BIG crop this year. It seems to vary from year to year. My mom has 2 lemon trees that are amazing. She gets TONS of lemons every year.

Hi Deanie!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Jane - Have a great run tonight! Have you done a 10k race before?

We have two plum trees that are 15 years old. About 4 years ago we actually started paying attention to them and they're produced big crops for us each year since. We also have some apple trees about the same age, but they've never done well. We also have a pear tree that's done so-so. I think it needed a pollinator.

Last year we planted 7 more plums, 2 more pears, and 4 more apples. We tried to focus on hardy old-fashioned varieties that are more resistant to the typical New England fruit tree problems.

What's funny is that we have a thick hedgerow that has 4 or 5 old wild apple trees that are right next to the road, with all kinds of crap growing around them that do great every year! One of them has fruit that tastes like Macintosh. Maybe road salt is good for apple trees. :p

I am happy to hear that I am not the only one with an overwhelming list of to-do workouts!

Gayle - YES! I echo: thank goodness for rubber mats! :D I wish I was better at dumping stuff. I wouldn't hurt my back as much.
LOL about the road salt comment! My dad has an entire orchard of pear and apple trees, and absolutely loves it. I haven't asked him about what helps them grow, but I do wonder if you aren't on to something. Salt does have minerals... wouldn't it be funny if the road salt was more nutrient rich than table salt? :p

Jane, when we were in FL last summer, there was a lemon tree on the property - I can't even begin to describe (though I am sure you already know) how wonderful it was to cook with fresh fruit straight off of the tree! :9 (I miss the "yummy" smilies!) An orange tree would be wonderful - we love oranges, too!

I am feeling MUCH better today. I did 5x3, went off without a hitch, did all pull-ups hanging and 7 minutes of snatching. My LHS cooperated today. ;)

Gotta run! It's spelling time. I love spelling, it only takes a few minutes to complete WOOHOO!

See you later, gaters!

Melissa

Melissa - Spelling was my favorite subject. It was also my best subject behind typing and gym class!

You know what's funny....I don't even like oranges!! I like orange juice but can't eat the orange. It's too much work!!

My mom gave me the tree years ago and I had it indoors until all the leaves fell off. Then I planted it outside and it just sat there and did nothing. A landscaper told me to prune it and the following year it began to bear fruit!

Gayle - I've done this 10K twice before. The run I'm doing on Saturday is in the town where I live. Last year I was 4 minutes slower then the previous year. This year I have been training on the exact route. Due to the lack of sidewalks in some sections and the fact that I will not run in the street, I have been running in a zig zag pattern when I do the course. I'm hoping it will be much easier on Saturday since I'll be running a more direct route.

It's funny when you try to grow something and it doesn't do well and then something else springs right up and does well on it's own. We used to have an apple when I was a kid. The apples were nasty but it was a great climbing tree.

When I was at the nursery this past weekend I was looking at other fruit trees. I want to get a couple but need to get rid of some other trees that are dying.

Good Afternoon!:):)

Rhonda!!!!! missed you! sending you (((HUGS))) and I hope things get better for you soon!

Gayle::: I liked your buy in yesterday! Great job with the TGU's! My family is coming to your house for some fruit!!!:)

Jane:: Enjoy your run tonight! Good luck and enjoy your 10k!

Melissa:: Glad your workout went well. I hate spelling and I'm a really bad speller!... think there's a connection? LOL ;) Thank goodness for spell check!! I also have a TON of workouts I'd like to do and I'm not sure when I'll ever get to them! I actually bookmarked a ton from crossfit 603 and now their website is down and I lost them!:(:(

I have no fruit trees, but would love an orange tree! we eat oranges like they are going out of style! This is how much we don't know any thing about gardening: when we moved in, the previous owner said we had 2 pear trees in our yard - 1 in back and 1 in front. Well, we were waiting for the pears to grow all that summer!!!!:eek::eek: Apparently, pear trees just have really nice flowers - no pears!!! Who knew???:rolleyes:

Today's workout went REALLY well. I'm sure working out at 12:30 pm as opposed to 5:30am made a difference. I think on Friday when I do the 5X5, I am going to workout after work!! My game plan is - if the 5X5 goes well Friday (which it should) I am going to do mon and wed as regular RoP, and take Friday as my test/final day. Since I'm 122 and already c*ping 1/4 of my body weight, I figured I already passed that part. I just need to see if I can c&p the 20kg (I'm thinking no to the press- I can already clean it, - but you never know) and then take the ssst. I am at a complete loss as to what to do next though. If I can't press the 20kg, I may continue Anthony's recommendation of 10X1-2-3 or I may do Resolution alternated with SIM - but differently than I've done it before. Anyway, now I'm rambling!!:p:):rolleyes:

Here's my workout:http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

Have a great day gals!!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.