deanie

Cathlete
Good morning!!!

just starting us off!:)
running late, woke up late, will work out at 2 after work today:mad:

later gators:cool:

Good morning!

Deanie - Have good workout tonight! :)

Melissa - I'm glad your sis was there for you. :) Good workout yesterday! BTW, I would never get anything done if it weren't for leftovers!

Waves to the rest of the gang!

I'm probably taking a rest today. I shoveled twice yesterday, built a snowman, and figured out how to plow our very long driveway with our 4-wheeler. (DH showed me how to do it once, and I can't believe I remembered!)

Our power went out yesterday afternoon, and according to the power company, we won't get it back until tomorrow. :( Fortunately, we have a generator that can power all of our important stuff while we're home - hot water, fridge, freezer, TV, Internet access...Wii. :p But we don't have our electric range hooked up to it, so I ended up making chili on the wood stove...it was kinda fun.

We have an elderly neighbor who DH and FIL check in on. She's on an oxygen machine, so they've been checking in every 4 or 5 hours to make sure her generator doesn't run out of gas. DH got up at 2:00am to checkit last night.

Have a great day!

Good Afternoon!!!

Gayle!!! I hope you get power soon, but your generator sounds great!!! I think you deserve a rest day, after the shoveling, skiing and workouts you've done this week! I hope your neighbor is okay!! That was really nice of your DH to check on her at 2 am!! he's a keeper! ;)

Melissa::: Yea for your sister. Its always nice to know someone is in your corner :). I think you did 5X3 yesterday...if you did 3 c&p and then 3 pullups then rested before starting back again with 1 c&p and 1 pullup. So then on Fri or Sat. will you do 5X4? so you have a heavy day?

I do not like working out so late, now I feel like I need to play catch up for the rest of the afternoon :eek:, but I did have a good workout. I really like the floor presses!!!
http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

waves to the gang:cool:
I hope everyone is having a nice day!

Hello Kettlebell Chicks!

I'm back!! The beach was nice and truly I could have spent another week there but we have to face reality sometime. At least I'm off work until next week. Yay!! :):)

I did lots of walking and a little running while I was away. The weather was pretty good although it was too cold for swimming. It was gorgeous on Tuesday so I took 2 long walks on the beach and even got my feet wet. Unfortunately those nasty no-see-ums were around and I ended up with lots of bites. The house was really lovely and secluded so we got plenty of rest and did lots of card playing and reading.

Tonight I'm braving the cold (ok...it's in the 50's) and going for a run. I running in a 5K race on Saturday.

Gayle ~ Enjoy your rest day. Sorry about the power but I'm happy you have a generator.

Melissa ~ I'm glad you sis was there for you. Sisters are the best!!! I have a couple great ones!!

Deanie ~ I love floor presses!!!

Waving hello to Marcy, Rhonda and Nita.

Good Afternoon!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I did Cathe's MMA Kickbox yesterday. Great core work. My obliques are still store. Today I pulled out an oldie - P90X Legs & Back. Those chair squats are still killer but the chair salutations didn't feel as bad as they used to.

First round:
5 chinups
Wide Front Pullups - 1 full and 2 halfway
close grip overhand pullups - 3 and 1 halfway
Switch grip pullups - 4

2nd Round:

Chinups - 2 full and 2 @ 3/4 way
Wide Front Pullups - 1
Close Grip Pullups - 2
Switch Grip Pullups - 3 and 1 halfway

Since my upper body and obliques are sufficiently sore, I will probably dance and/or do yoga tomorrow.

Melissa - Good to have you back. I didn't order the TA series or know about her reality show but I do plan on getting some of the DVDs. I'm trying to be a little more economical and been doing more trades. I actually got 3 Broadway Dance Center DVDs for $.99 each with free shipping. These usually go for almost $30 each.

Jane - Welcome back! Your vacation sounds delightful.

Gayle - Hope you get your power back on soon! Good job on the plowing!

Deanie - Great workout! Are your abs sore from that one?

Waves to Nita and Rhonda!

Marcy

Marcy - Awesome chin ups/pull ups!! :cool:

Jane - I'm so glad you had a good week. :) Enjoy the rest of your week off!

Deanie - Really nice workout!! I think I need that Swinging Abs cash out. Hope you get caught up! As much grief as I give DH, he really is a keeper. :)

I heard the power was back, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Have a good night.

Waves to all, I just typed a long post and accidentally deleted it:mad:. Will check back if I have time or tomorrow.

Everyone had great workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.