xoxo kettlebell xo thursday xoxo

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!!

Melissa::: thanks for the info on the workout:) Are you good with starting ROP next week, or do you want to do one more week on the pm? I'm good either way. I think I will need to repeat some weeks on the ROP though since I am using the 16kg. I am going to do 5X5 with the 30# either tomorrow or Saturday just to make sure though.

Marcy:::: Nice to see you back!

Nita::: when I ordered my 24kg, I went to the Post Office and offered to pick up my kettlebell.... but it had already gone out for the day! anyway, its an option....

waves to Gayle, Jane, and Rhonda!!!

Quick post today, I am running late......
snow is coming tomorrow (they are predicting 1-2 FEET!) so now besides working till 2, I have to go food shopping - both for us and for the boys superbowl party. We are still having the party since all but 2 kids live within walking distance!
anywhoo.....
here's today's workout:
http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

Have a GREAT Thursday, and I will try to BBL!!:):)

Good morning!

Deanie - I would really appreciate it if you mid-Atlantic people would stop hogging all the snow!! :p Yay for DS on getting his braces off! We're having a small Superbowl get together, too. This year trying a nacho bar! Have fun shopping. :)

Great workout today! Are those swings becoming easy? Whole9 had another good article on flexibility/ROM.

Melissa - Great run yesterday! LOL about your appointment. I had my dentist appointment today. :confused: I'll have to check out Lauren's stuff on Youtube.

Marcy - Nice workouts! :)

Nita - We have a similar post office. :D The nice thing about kettlebells is that they're pretty much impossible to break during shipping.

Waves hello to Jane and Rhonda.

Her's last night's breakdown:

Buy-in: Limber up, TGU 3r/3l @ 12kg, 10x box jumps @20"

Squat: 108# for 3x5 - This weight was hard, but not a disaster. I'll stick here for another session.
Press: 50# for 3x5 - I'm really starting to hate these. :mad: It doesn't feel like I'm ever gonna move off this weight.
Power clean: 63# for 3x5 - These were good! :)

Have a good day ladies!

Gayle, that's what I'm saying!!! SHARE THE SNOW!!!
How long have you been at that weight for presses?

Deanie, I am ready to start ROP. :) I am feeling very good about everything. Because of the swinging and TGUs I was able to do my cash out on Tue. with nothing less than 25# - even my snatches! :eek: I will probably have to redo weeks in ROP as I get used to the format and get used to what weight will work.

I still haven't swung. I promise to start by 4, I have just been having so much darned fun with the boys today! We are doing a Greek project, and my son just blows me away with his knowledge! He is on the last Percy Jackson book, I just started reading the first, and that has really perpetuated his interest in mythology and Greece. We have been sword fighting and debating the gods. Who needs adult conversation when you can argue with someone who knows everything? :p
*sigh... we are such nerds... or are we geeks?

Getting to swinging now... or by 4. :)

Melissa

Good Afternoon!

I did Dance Off the Pounds this morning. I did the Swing, Jive and Cooldown. There is no warmup and I didn't have time for the Quickstep. The Jive is a quicker form of the Swing. This definitely got my HR up. I burned 295 calories. I also did 1 pullup, 3 chinups and the Water practice from Shiva's Daily Energy Flow which felt really good.

Deanie - Hope you don't get too much snow! Great workout!

Melissa - I agree with you about the appointment! Kids really do know everything, don't they??:p

Gayle - Great workout! Read another article on fat saying saturated fat isn't a link to heart disease. I'm with you - fat makes me feel fuller longer. As for my raisinet fixation - I started eating blueberries instead and I'm doing much better.

Waves to Jane and Rhonda!

Marcy

How long have you been at that weight for presses?

Melissa - Too long!!! :eek::eek::eek: I've been at this weight for about 2 weeks. I'm thinking I may have to just increase the weight and do fewer sets. As for snow, we've lost almost all of ours! The mountains and ski areas have it, but there's nothing in the yard. :(

Great job on the snatches! Is that Lightning Thief movie from a Percy Jackson book?

Marcy - Great workout today! Stay strong against those raisinets. :p

Gayle, we don't have any snow anymore. I don't know where it went because we haven't been over 25 in weeks!
The movie The Lightning Thief is the first book of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I started reading the book and I absolutely love it! The main character is a 12 year old boy with ADHA, and the story is all from his point of view. It is very neat to see things from such a different point of view!

The swings were the same as usual, 35# blah blah blah. ;) I did do a different push/pull combo. Taken from the Navy Seals training. It's 4 rounds of 5 pull ups and 15 push ups. Nice. :cool:

The country is getting a heck of a storm this weekend. I would be surprised if you haven't heard about it yet:
Tropical storm "MANNING" moving through the Miami area February 7th. Please be advised that heavy HAIL marys and other projectiles may be abundant. But strangely very little BREES. Please refrain from resisting it's brilliance because you know you can't stop it...

:p:p:p

Melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.