Xers...........Working Wednesday...................

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

I'm sure everyone is working on something today. I'll be back after I catch up from yesterday.

Tracy

Hi all,

Today is legs and some yoga. I'm not sure what yet, probably something heavier than B&G since my legs feel pretty good today. I may do PS legs since I think it uses lunges and reverses the order of the exercises, then add in some walking lunges.

I just lost a fairly long post, so just know I did catch up from yesterday, it's just lost in space somewhere.

Tracy

Good Morning beautiful ladies!
Today is Muscle Endurance as produced – looking forward to it except for lower!!! *see below*:7

DH missed training last night! :+ LOL- He had a tire crisis (nail) so got home late & then it was time for NCIS so that’s all she wrote! Was it intentional???? LOL:+ He promised tonight’s appt would be kept….
As we were falling asleep he said
DH: “OUCH” – I jumped up
T: “What’s the matter” ----
DH: “My arms are killing me for the first time today…”
T: YIPPEE!!! You have DOMS!”
DH: “huh?” ROFL!!!!!:+
(Especially since I can hardly walk at all as of about 3PM yesterday… From mid thigh all the way up to booty I am one big PITA! – Wait I’m not the PITA – I HAVE PITA!!!

Reminder before I forget… :eek: :eek: Amy Bentos’s presale starts tomorrow & best deal only lasts thru Sunday:eek: :eek: I’ll copy & paste the posts below (3 of them) about her new workouts below this post today since most of you said you didn’t want to register on her forum to see the scoop….
I’ll do personals in another window….
Also looks like she’s in process of adding a Blog section & live chat room to her forum. I’m so happy she is having great success! She has always been loyal to Cathe on her site- I like that- Theres plenty of room at the top for all great instructors.

INTERNATIONAL shipping is FREE during these initial days presale!!!

AMYS FIRST POST IN NOVEMBER:::::
NRG Fitness is pleased to announce our newest workout titled, “IN THE RING.” This cardio kickboxing workout will have FIVE combos and FIVE intervals (the format will be one combo followed by one interval). The intervals will be LOW IMPACT, HIGH INTENSITY and done with a MEDICINE BALL.
The med ball intervals are designed to compliment the kickboxing portion of the workout leaving you with a total body burn! The kickboxing combos are fun and intense and will be easy to follow. We will be breaking them down for you in a way that is NOT boring and redundant so get ready to work people! “IN THE RING.” is bringing something new to the market and we know you will appreciate the format along with the results it will deliver.

Amy has responded to all of you who suggested lower impact but make no mistake!!! “IN THE RING.” is not going to be easy (you didn’t think it was, did you?) just easier on your joints. I will be joining Amy, and modifying any moves that qualify as higher-impact, along with Angela and Uchenna.

Some details for you:

“IN THE RING.” is being FILMED on JANUARY 26, 2008 with GREG TWOMBLY. The workout will be 70 MINUTES total.

PRE-SALE FREE SHIPPING WEEKEND will be granted to all orders (Includes International orders) beginning JANUARY 18th at 7AM and ending on JANUARY 20th at MIDNIGHT (EST) so mark your calendars!
The price will be $14.95 during the pre-sale (plus shipping and handling if you don’t order over the free shipping weekend). Regular price will be $19.95 plus shipping and handling. We will be shipping via Fed Ex. International customers will be charged $7.00 for shipping if they order during the regular pre-sale.

The MUSIC for this workout will be mastered by DJ BRIAN HOWE. He is creating a "specialty mix" which will be exclusive to the “IN THE RING.” workout. This means the music you will hear will be created and produced FROM SCRATCH. You won't hear it anywhere else. Amy was dedicated to bringing you one-of-a-kind music and she made it happen!

As always, we invite you to fire away with comments, questions, etc. because we are listening to you!! Please join in welcoming our “new baby” “IN THE RING.” – you’re going to love it! Ding, ding…(sorry…had to say that!)

DECEMBER 12th :::::
Hi everyone;
I will be adding the CIA Hi/Lo Kombat (* see description in twomblys post below this) workout to the upcoming pre-sale. All of the same perks apply. Free shipping if you order Jan 18th to Jan 20th and of course I'll add a gift. (I'll let you know ahead of time what this is)

Pre-sale Price on CIA Hi/Lo Kombat is
$17.00

DECEMBER 10th :::
**new CIA DVDs from Twombly:::::

Here is the information for the new workouts that we are shooting on January 26th and 28th. Some times and sculpting segments might change just a bit.
Can't wait for everyone's feedback. I'm also excited that Amy Bento will be doing a CIA video, Gay is doing another one, my wife has been driving me crazy with her new workout that I know will be hard & fantastic, and finally 2 new people.

WE WILL BE PRE-SELLING IN JANUARY.

Sincerely, GREG TWOMBLY

NEW CIA 2801 DVD- GAY GASPER(75-80 minutes)
“All Cardio Stepping & Heavy Weight Sculpting” A New CIA workout with Cardio Step and Body Training.
All Cardio Stepping is a workout loaded with all new innovative step choreography. The workout flows with Gay’s precise breakdowns and friendly manner for an all cardio workout (45 min.). Heavy Weight Sculpting utilizes a bar and dumbbells and combines Gay’s creativity with heavy muscle work to provide maximum muscle loads for a quick effective total body blast (20 min.) A cool down and stretch segment is also included (10 min.). This DVD workout will have multiple options for various workouts including the different portions of the workout to better tailor the workout to individual fitness goals.

NEW CIA 2802 DVD - Carlos Arias (70-75 minutes) “All Cardio Hi-Lo Xplosion”
Get ready to shake your hips and let it all hang out with All Cardio Xplosion. This workout is a Latin flavored hi- low cardio workout seasoned with athletic energy moves. Be prepared to groove and sweat with Carlos and his Xplosive energy style throughout the entire workout. (Warm up 6-8 minutes; cardio 45-50 minutes; cool down 6-8 minutes). An abdominal workout and stretch segment round out this workout (10-15 minutes).
This DVD workout will have multiple options for various workouts including different portions of the workout to better tailor the workout to individual fitness goals.

NEW CIA 2803 DVD - Deidre Morrris (75-85 minutes)
“Tapless and Sweat More”
A New CIA No Tap Stepping and Core/Abdominal Training Workout
“Tapless and Sweat More” is a step workout that requires you to ‘tap less’ and sweat more! The ‘tapless’ style encourages constant motion throughout the workout. Diedra’s fun choreography flows in a non-stop manner, moving the exerciser on and around the step without ever tapping down. This workout also includes an abdominal section and final stretch (warmup 6-8 minutes; cardio 50 minutes; cool down/core/stretch 15 minutes). There will be a BONUS Double step of more Tapless Choreography.
This DVD workout will have multiple options for various workouts including different portions of the workout to better tailor the workout to individual fitness goals.

NEW CIA 2804 DVD- Sharon Twombly(80-90 Minutes) “Athletic Step Jam”
A New CIA Sports Step Workout with Bonus Stability Ball Workout
“Athletic Step Jam” is a powerhouse cardio step workout that uses 32-64 count choreography with an athletic flair. This workout demands maximum cardio output throughout the workout. The workout features high and low impact versions of the choreography throughout the entire workout, encouraging exercisers of all fitness levels to join in the fun (warm up 6-8 minutes; cardio 50 minutes; abdominals 6 minutes). This workout includes a BONUS Resist-A- Ball Workout that is designed to provide a quick hard core cardio workout using the ball with leg and core emphasis (20 minutes).

NEW CIA 2805 DVD - Amy Bento(75 Minutes)
“All Cardio Hi-Low Knockout”
A New CIA Hi-Low Workout with Kickboxing and Bootcamp Moves!
Join Amy and her team of recruits for All Cardio Hi-Low Knockout. This workout blends new hi-low combinations with kickboxing and combat moves that will challenge you and will make you feel like you have conquered basic training (warm up 6 minutes; cardio 45-50 minutes). Low impact options are shown throughout the workout. Amy completes this workout with Weighted Core Training and Stretch (15 minutes).

Good morning Xer women. Up early since I fell asleep early last night. It has been a crazy couple of days. I have been having a lot of pain in my lower back and shooting down my right leg, so I finally visited a chiropractor who has informed me that my L5 disc is really whacked out. So sadly, I cannot workout at this time. No plyo, no running, no weightlifting, etc, etc, etc:( . I even have to wear a brace for my lower back so my discs don't move around after he adjusts me. It is all fun.

At least Eion can keep me company for a while;.). I will definately be nice and flexible. And I get to live through all of you hard working gals.

Tracy - So sorry that you lost your post. How frustrating is that. I hope that you have a great workout whatever you decide.

Traci - Have you tried to make your nut milks yet? I usually have a jar of almond milk lying around. It is really yummy. I missed the posts that you are working out Wendell. Is he paying you? Good for him for getting into shape. You are going to be one healthy family. Thank you for all of the info on Amy.

Hi to everyone else who hasn't woken up or just not posted yet. Talk to you soon.

Lea

Lea X
Oh gosh I'm so sorry about your pain! You have surely had your share of stuff in past few months! Many hugs to you- I'll have you do my weekly Yoga & I'll do your weekly lifting - OK???:* :* XXOOXOO:* :*

TRACY X
BUMMER on post! What ya gonna do?:7 Nada???
Your post yesterday made my stomach turn! x( How does a human being EVER function in the real world with that behavior??? Is the child destined to live behind closed doors for 80 years??? How absolutely horrible for all concerned! My heart bleeds .....
:+ On the saddlebags... you're a smart gal- I'm surprised you dont get it???!!! You gotta HAVE saddlebags to feel it there!:p :p :p :+ :+ :+
Actually I dont "feel" it there until the DOMS sets in & I certainly feel it more with the leg bands & weights... Its just harder than the tying of even the heavy long band.... I also at time use 6# ankle weights instead of holding DB is my upper body is tired. Just change it all up enough to matter... I also sometimes go alot lower in the squat than Cathe just to hit all areas of butt/leg... But you dont have to worry about such things so hush! }( :7 }( What was your workout yesterday???

WENDY X
I certainly understand your schedule these days- just pop on & say HI id you can so we know you're alive & well. Dont worry about personals!:*

DEBRA X
This whole week thus far has been a whirlwind! Its all good- you'll get to sit a bit in class! ;-) Oh my goodness on the snow! We just are having drixzzle and all the freakin' roads are backed up & accidents all over the freeways! WHATS UP WITH THAT??? Be safe!!!~~ Good to know theres at least 1 Xer that was a little hussy too!:eek: :eek: :eek: I sense we're still harboring anger towards the little vamp that turned you in?:+ Would LOVE a late night showing (thats 7pm to me) of B@Tiffanys! We cam all sing Moon Rver together in our jammies!!!!

JEANETTE X
I bet you look like a Techno Geek with carrying around all that computer equipment!:7 Thansk for taking the time & trouble to spend PM time w/ us!!! :* Ohhhhhhh an Imax 3 day soon???!!! You ENJOY your cardio silly self! }( ROFL about your visual of me training Wendell! If I were like that he'd call in sick to work so I could train him all day! ROF}( I will tell him about that fantasy! ~~ Have a FABULOUS GB night!!! That will shock your body I bet!!! I was hoping you guys saw the OD GoldenDoodles topic! Polly (debra) is a Golden Doodle!! Just the cutest!!!

Caught everyone else yesterday..... GREAT DAY to all!!!
:* :* :* :* :*

Classic/ Week 9/ Day 3/ Shoulders & Arms; ARX (+ 30 mins step cardio)

Good morning,

I got my new Amy Bento dvds last night, and now I see she's having a presale for some more! I'll have to try Kickbox Extreme and see how I like that, before deciding if I'll preorder anything more from her. I wonder how long it takes for her to get a workout made and shipped? Has anyone preordered from her before?

I previewed the first 3 combos of Step Challenge 2 last night. I tried practicing a few moves and trying to get the gist of what she's doing. When I watch her, the moves seem pretty doable, but when you try to actually follow along, it's much more difficult. It must be her lack of words such as "left" "right" "front" and "back". I watched the segment where she breaks down some of the more complicated moves, but thought it was funny that she only broke down 4, total, and they weren't the ones I was concerned about! Oh well, a key part of figuring out her workout is simply sequence memorization, which only comes with repeated use. I think I'll attempt to do the first premix this morning, which is w/u, combos 1, 2 & 3, and c/d. Combos 1&2 look like fun, combo 3 appears to up the intensity quite a bit. Wish me luck!!

Tracy....Dang nabbit on the lost post!!!

Traci....Dang nabbit on the hubby getting the flat tire! Tell him that wasn't the tire you wanted to work on last night.

Lea....Oooooooh your back situation sounds awful!! Is there any estimate for how long you will be out of commission? Fortunately Eion's coming out with his new dvd soon, so you'll have more variety.

Off to workout. I promise I won't get mad and throw something at the tv, not even bad words. I will approach this with patience and good humour. Yes I will. I will. Yes. I will.

Sandra

Hello and greetings from the frigid South. Everyone is freaking out here since we are supposed to get some snow tonight. Gasp! the horror! It is so funny to be here after living in the North for so long. I am sure the grocery stores will be packed today so that everyone can get provisions for a week...lol! Snow is always gone here in a day or so....but people go nuts.

Anyhoo...heading to take the diva to school. And then I am off to class myself. CB sidetracked me last night...I was going to jump ahead a chapter so I would know what to pick for my next presentation, but oh well. I will definitely be taking a nap after class today. CB is coming over tonight to watch the Carolina game.

I will be doing willPower and Grace later today, I think...if not...then definitely Eoin.

BBL to catch up with personals!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Howdy Xers!

Ok, I lied. I just couldn't face Tony and all his squats and run stance jump switch thingies. So, I cheated on him and I did Imax 3 as produced instead. I haven't done that workout in quite awhile and it was FUN :D I do love Cathe :* I'm glad I don't have to think about Plyo for 2 weeks, too. I know I'll be ready for it again by then :) I also added on Stretch Max. Ahhhhhh. It was heaven. DS had his last private Kenpo lesson last night and is now officially a white belt :) and enrolled in the karate school. He's very excited and his class starts on Friday. Today it's back to the orthodontist (he's less excited about that, lol) and ballet (for DD1). The kids keep me moving! I slept in again today (and it felt great!) but I'll be doing Lower Intensity Step later on this morning (gotta balance the 2 Imaxes I already did this week) and ARX and B&B later this evening.

Nicole -- I'm glad in Phase 3 I get to change workouts up every week :D I may end up subbing Plyo a couple more times, but we'll see.

Teddygirl -- My iPod battery lasts quite awhile. DH uses it every day on the train and we only charge it up on the weekend. If it continues to act like that, I'd consider getting a new battery.

Tracy -- I haven't measured in awhile, but my weight is holding steady and I'm down a total of just over 2% body fat from day 1. Not too much change from day 30, but heck, with the crappy eating I did over Christmas and my birthday, I'll take it! At least it's going in the right direction!

Wendy -- I'm glad you could at least pop in to say HI :) You sure do have a lot on your plate right now. Take all the time you need, and come back strong soon!

Debra -- A retinal photo? Cool :D I've never heard of that. At least the drops they gave me only lasted a few hours. I was pretty much ok by dinner (appt was at 2). Provisions for the week? lol. If you need bread, milk, or TP, though, you'd better go before the stores sell out of those!

Jeanette -- Thanks for asking :) Thankfully (knock on wood), everyone's still healthy. YAY! I'm with ya on wind chills. BRRRR! We had snow blowing SIDEWAYS yesterday in the wind. I'm glad I could stay inside my warm house and watch. lol.

Traci-X -- LOL about DH. My DH is a real wimp about DOMS, too. Thanks for the Amy info, too. I don't usually like her, but I'm interested in the 2 she has planned. I may just wait for reviews, though. It depends how enabled I feel ;-)

Hi to everyone else! I hope you all have a great day!

Carol

Lea -- OW! I hope your back and leg feel better soon and you're back on for regular workouts soon!

:eek: I caved- Just pre-ordered both of Amys new - the site is up & running so I thought WTH? :+ Since I am only purchasing Amy, Tracey, Cathe, Tony now I might as well get them.... I'll probably NEVER open Hi/Lo but ya never know when cardio inspiration will hit... Did I mention that with just 4 days of no cardio per se' (its all cardio to me if my HR elevates!) I have lost all bloat that was holding on for dear life? In 4 days the scale went down 6#s! Now THATS some kind-a bloat!}(

Back after I crank out ME...:* }(

Doubles/Phase II/Week V/Day 3
Workout: CC #6 (be patient with me):D

Happy Wednesday,

Yesterday, my sister Daphane stopped by she surprised me! She claim she was in my neck of woods, always a pleasure too she my girl. We watched American Idol and had some deep hard laughs. She ended up leaving around 10:30 by the time I wind it down it was closes too 11:30. I was pretty tired when the alarm clock went off this morning, but I got my butt up and did an unplanned workout CC6. I was scheduled to do CS&T going to push myself and do upper body & abs tonight.

Tracie: that’s awesome hubby is working out ^5. Ted worked out last week and that was it, he could barely move the next day. I told him to work it out, he didn’t listen. He’s getting there I can tell he talks about working out all the time now:eek:

I must confess CC6 wore me out, I need a nap. I’ll check back later

Phase 2. Week 1, Day 5: L&B + ABX

Good morning from MI. Well I'm about to go w/o but wanted to catch up some before I do. Yesterday's Yoga session with Tony was pretty good except I still don't feel any love for the last section of the moving poses; the split-leg one. hate it...}( I stayed home yesterday and did some cath-up with all kinds of paperwork since DH had to take my car because his could not manage 2" of snow...:eek: There's always so much paperwork with 2 houses to manage and all the international stuff. But I am not complaining, it's a wonderful experience. I ordered the "woody bands" yesterday. All we have in the basement where the gym is are bar stools and the stupid thing moves all over when I use it for assistance for the back section. I'm looking forward to try them when I come back in February. I have to use the Bowflex in Lux as we have no door frames so it's impossible to have a bar. On to some personals and I shall be back before the end of the day for more. I might skip tomorrow as I am already leaving back to Lux, and want to get my w/o done before flying.

Sandra~~ Taking about flying again, well at first it was quite difficult to deal with jet lag and was always wondering how DH was doing it (he flyes 10 times more than I do). But you honestly get use to it. On the way to EU, you want to sleep as soon as possible. On the way back it's the opposite, you don't want to sleep and in both case you go about the day just as normal. No nap in the middle of the day otherwise it will take a couple of days to recoup. CS is always a killer for me to. I think it's the one I feel the most. I was reading about you trying to figure the new Amy's w/o. I try to do the same to, preview before and I must admit that even after doing 4DS, I still couldn't figure some of the step combos in both the Low/High impact cardios.

Laurie~~ I hope DH feels better. It seems like it could be serious. Let's hope he comes out of it without too much complications.

Nicole~~ Good job on upping the weights on CST. I also upped some of them when I did it this week, but was soooo careful as this is the one that put me away for some time. Taking about the injury, the day it happened I was so miserable and almost panicked that I wrote an email to Tony in his personal mail bag. He answers only 3 questions/week, and mine was selected. I was so surprised! Well as you can see I am not here for long, already leaving tomorrow. Was here for 4 days...:p :p :p But DH is here (that's the only reason I came) and he is returning with me and we will be together until the 23rd at which point he starts traveling again. February seems pretty bad also. Oh well... lol As for the"kids", only DS lives here. He's still in college. He's pretty happy that I'm here because he also started P90X and well how shall I say it, doesn't quite have my culinary aptitudes...;-) So now there's 3 in the family on P90X. DD would never do that as she only looks at weight and builds muscles, which is not attractive on a ballerina...;)

Debra~~ Sounds like you had a productive AM ...and PM yesterday. Snow in the south... well we all know the world is a little coco lately. But it's true it doesn't take much for people to panic.:+

TracyX~~ So... you started DH on a w/o schedule? I am not a trainer but have trained long enough with them and watched so many "good" DVD like Cathe about form that I know quite a bit. It frustrates me so much when I see him sometime with bad form, as you say just to get the weight up there. But of course he know better than I do...x( I wanted to ask about the X+. I went online yesterday on BeachBody and looked at the new serie. Is there a program with it as there's only 5 DVD's. Do you incorporate it with the X? DH is also curious and we welcome your "professional" imput and feedback on the program.

Carol~~ I'm glad to be back also. It's always nice to be in my stuff... in Lux it's also our stuff as we moved 1/2 the house furniture there but I don't know, here it's home. About PlyoX, I can't tell you where it hurts as I didn't try it yet. But when I do high impact, it usually hurts in my lower back when I jump and also if I go too low. Example: in L&B, the moves at the end where you go down on one leg and touch the floor pretty fast... ouch! also in LIC from Cathe cardio section, blasts, where you kick and touch the step, again ouch. So it's both the jumping and going low fast. BUT as I was on Beachbody site yesterday I visited Tony's corner and he has little help clips that clearly states that you absolutly can and should modify if you hurt or can do the move properly and build form there. So I will give it a try.

Wendy~~ Good luck with all your research and preparation for your trip to Thailand.

Jeanette~~ As I said to Carol, I will try PlyoX. Might even do CardioX first than "graduate" to PlyoX. Cudos to DD for homeschooling the children. With the national school system going down in standards I'm sure they're getting a great education. What dedication!!!

Lea~~ Oh Dear God!!! I had shivers down my spine when reading your post. Is this the first time? That's exactly what happened to me 2,1/2 years ago. Pain shooting down my leg which eventually translated into sciatic pain. It lasted 12 weeks and it took me several months to come back with lot's of patience, physical therapy, Pilates... When I was considering surgery and saw the doctor, I could not bend at the waist past mid- upper-body, barely at my chest... I usually could put my nose on my knees!!! So pleeeeease be careful. I don't mean to sound alarming but an herniation at L5-S1 has to be taken with great care.

I'll be back later with more personals. Let's go w/o.:p :p :p

Carol: Makes me wonder if the last time I used my iPod hm..... did I leave it, on who knows. I brought it to work today too charge it, its still fully charged ;-) Yesterday, I called Apple and customer sevices gal;-) told me to take it in, and that I have a one year warranty. Cool! That’s was super duper sweet of Christy too do.

Good morning,
Today was Christi Taylor's hi-lo from CIA 9801 (all of it). Fun steady state workout. I have the Garage Boys spin session tonite which will get the HR really elevated.

Tracy, how many days a week do you work your legs? Did you get that run in a couple days ago? Sorry you lost the long post. Don't we all hate that when it happens. Have you heard from DS at Jackson Hole?

Traci, thanks for the info on Amy's presale. I'm waiting for Sandra to tell me how she likes her Step Challenge II. I need to go look at some clips, just keep forgetting. Wonder what tapless is. So Wendell had a "tire crisis"? Of all things! LOL about the DOMS. Get that whip ready! Didn't he have some kind of contest with a relative re: weight loss recently? I did read about the golden doodles. I also saw a website with some prices -- $2,500 for some of them!!! Egads. Polly looks like she's got tons of character! I love the golden doodles! Or labradoodles! Woohoo on being down 6# (wowser)!!! How does a person cut down cardio though and stay in performance shape as in bicycling, where you just have to ride to get better?

Lea, I'm so sorry about the back pain. Have you had problems before with it? (((Hugs))) to you today.

Debra, hope you can fight the crowds for that toilet paper at the store. LOL about the panic due to a couple inches of snow. It's all relative. If it's uncommon, it's going to be a big deal. That naughty CB for throwing you off your schedule! Are you still going to the beach or will it be a romantic cabin getaway? Either way, I'm sure it'll be fantastic....ahhhh.

Sandra, keep me posted on the Step Challenge II. I'm really interested. I think she cut out the whoops after her first batch.

Latrese, glad you had a nice time with your sister. I love all 3 of mine to death. Wish I could spend more time with them. Have no excuse on one of them as she only lives about 3 miles from me.

Christiane, seems like you just got to the States and now you are flying back? Glad your DH will be with you until the 23rd. How long have you guys been married? If that move in L&B gets to you, well, I don't know about PlyoX because there are several of those crouch and change posution moves. Guess you'll just have to try and see. Probably a good idea to try CardioX first.

Carol, congrats to your son on getting his white belt! So nice to see kids excited about something and I'm sure he had to work hard for it. I know what you mean about throwing a Cathe into the P90X mix. She's refreshing, isn't she? Snow blowing sideway is a scene I want to see from inside my house. My poor DH has to work out in it so I don't try to complain too much about the weather to him. Wouldn't get any sympathy for sure.

Okay, got to go now,

BBL tonite,

Jeanette

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 2/Week 3/Day 2
Workout: PlyoX or maybe not...... see below x(

This morning after Cami and I went out for our usual walk, we came back in the house. Cami was still wanting to go outside, so I decided why not. Before I could get her on the lead she was off. DH, DD's and I are all outside at 5:30 am looking for a black dog in the dark. x( Of course while out I slipped on an ice patch, and now the back of my knee is hurting. x( Our dear sweet Cami came home about 1/2 hour later. Muddy, with a scratch on her head, and not to stinky. So I'm thinking that she had gone to the horse farm down the road. Of course she probably doesn't understand what barbed wire is, so had nicked herself. At least she new where her home was. :D Guess I need to laugh at how she acted when she got home. I have never seen ears lay so low on a dogs head before. :D :D I will probably not be doing PlyoX tonight, so I'm thinking tonight will be yoga. DANG DOG!!!! But my heart just about broke when we couldn't find her. ;(

Tracy, Oh my word, what a day you had. I don't know how you handle something like that. Work those legs good today, I'm guessing the PS Legs will be minus the floor work. :7 :7 I know the floor work in PS is not my favorite. :7 But the standing work is great!

Traci, LOL about the DOMS and Wendall. Thanks for the information on Amy. I have been looking at getting those two workouts. And now I can get a review of KB Extreme from Sandra. :7 I had heard that some of her DVD's where coming to retail soon too. 6# of bloat, that is something. Maybe my stomach is like 10# of bloat. :7 :7 I think being happy to have major DOMS can only be appreciated by people like us. Oh how I remember Boones Farm!!! I told my oldest DD that you like Breakfast at Tiffanys. Her favorite actress is Katharine Hepburn. For Chistmas we got her a poster and a Sabrina DVD. She will be getting Funny Face for her B'day in March. ROF about Dreya and the L-Movies!!!! :7 :7

Lea, Maybe I will be joining you on the Eion fun. :D Hope your back is feeling better soon.

Debra, So you are going to be getting the "White Death", and TV people will be standing out in snow (at least that is what happens around here). You would probably be the only person driving on the roads in 1" of snow. :D I can laugh, because we have been driving in it for over a month. My parents just got dumped on this weekend. So far we have only been getting dustings, since the warm weather. Now we will have the January freeze. I'm hoping that DH's ears clear up too. He started with a cold in Oct and this is his 3rd dose of antibiotics. Just hope this time is the charm.

Sandra, I will wait for your review of Amy's Kickbox Extreme. I know that her form is not great in this one, I can forgive that. I know how to do proper from all my other kb workouts. Just have been hesitant on purchasing this one for some reason. :D DH has been improving since he got the puffer. My sister has had tubes put in her ears twice, and she is in her 30's. I think she has had tubes put in her ears about 6 times since she was little. Your computer tells you jokes, now who would think of a feature like that. :7 :7

TG, The girls and I watched AI last night too. The DD's love this show. :D I can't believe how crazy some of these people are. Of course I think most of it is for the cameras, but that one guy that was singing to Paula was strange.

Carol, You cheated!!!! How could you!!! :7 :7 :7 This is the point where you probably needed the break from all that Tony. Congrats to you DS on his white belt. Keep up the great work, you are on the home stretch. ;-)

Jeanette, You are waiting for Sandra to review SCII? I'm waiting for her review of KB Extreme. ME FIRST!!!! Oh I better stop fighting with you over this, she may decide to not give us a review of anything. :D Have a great time with your Garage Boys spin session tonight. My 30 min cardio or should I call it 20 min was a Caribbean KB workout. I used this as a warm up for ARX. :7 :7

Nicole, Looks like you are planning a P90X+ rotation? Which one are you looking at doing? Don't tell me it will be the X+ Doubles. That one just looks crazy!! :7 He has YogaX and CS listed in the same day! I have been trying to give my DD's healthier meals too. Some of them have been hits, and others have been big misses. I told them that they are my test cases! DH has been getting the leftovers to take to work the next day too. Oldest DD will start next week training with some of her friends after school, so the taxi Mom will be busy again.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi all! Back for a very QUICK check before my nap....I had to let you all know that I got an 'A' on my presentation....20 out of 20 points...Yipee!!! I'm not too dumb after all!

Lea....
Dear girl, take care of that back!!!!

Traci...
I believe DH was definitely faking the tire incident!

Laurie...
So glad Cami came home safe and sound...but sorry about the fall! Polly brought me down a few times last year!

Sandra....
Hope you kept the glue handy in case you needed to throw it at Amy.

Jeanette...
We still haven't made a decision about where we are headed...but we are certainly looking forward to getting out of town! Have fun with the Garage Boys this evening!

Waving madly and excitedly (in wild anticipation of snow!) to Tracy, Carol, Christiane, and Teddygirl! I will bbl to do a full round of personals...CB isn't supposed to be over until later tonight...so all I really HAVE to do is pick up DD from school, workout, take a shower and fix dinner...I should be able to fit that all in after a glorious nap this morning. I do have to say that it is very sunny right now and no sign of snow or ice!

Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

WooHoo!!! CB just booked us in a private cabin in West Virgina on the side of a mountain...It's got a hot tub and fireplace!!!! Now all I need is 'Moon River' and some cheap wine...lol!

Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi there. Thought I would actually take the time to catch up with personals today, so here I go…..

Traci – Thank you for the hugs and well wishes. Is the weather report in your part of Texas like it is in L.A.? We get STORMWATCH 2008 when even a single drop hits the road. Very funny.

Debra – WooHoo on the the cabin. CB sounds like a keeper. When are you going? How romantic and relaxing. What classes are you taking?

Sandra – New Amy huh? Is this your first Amy workout? I hope the tv still works!! LOL. I have no idea how long I am out of commission. Oh well, everything happens for a reason.

TG – I am glad that you had a good time last night. I watched probably about 15 minutes of AI before I fell asleep. And yes, I did see the gal I think her name was Alexis? The one who sang Grace Jones, had shiny make up and made it a point to flip off the camera every second. Quite comical. Good going on the workout.

Christiane – Thank you so much for the advice. I completely forgot about pilates. That is suppose to be very healing isn’t it? I appreciate the warning too. It is very delicate and it kind of hurts. Have a safe trip.

Carol – I love subbing Imax 3 for plyo too. It’s ok to cheat on Tony, after all he does have Dreya. Congrats on the DS getting his white belt. What an accomplishment. Isn’t it nice to be busy with the kids though? Feels like you are accomplishing something.

Jeanette – I so have to pay attention to the posts more often. I had no idea that you were back with the Garage Boys. I bet that it is exciting. And thank you so much for the hugs. (((HUGS))) back at you.

Laurie – Oh thank goodness Cami is safe. What an ordeal though. 5:30 in the morning and slipping on an ice patch? Ouch! I hope that your knee feels better and that Eion gives you some nectar.

Hi to Wendy, Swifty, Nicole and I know there is someone that I am missing. I am sorry. Have a great day.

Lea

Well, that was fun! I honestly enjoyed today's workout...all of it. I did a very respectable job with Amy's step. There was some fumbling about in places, but I nailed about 80% of the choreography. I didn't even attempt to do any of the 3rd combo during my preview last night, and had it all down by time we finished it today. One or two more times and I'll really be able to concentrate more on intensity than on footwork. But today's effort still had my heartrate in a nice training zone, so my uncoordinated fumbles were still effective. I enjoyed Shoulders & Arms, of course. Everyone loves that one. I concentrated on perfect form and avoiding squeezing the dumbells too tightly with my hands. I increased my weights in a few places where I didn't feel strain on my elbow, and lowered it in places where I did. Only time will tell whether this was a good approach or not. My forearms were not inflated and rock hard by the end, but I do feel fatigue in my upper arm/shoulder muscles. That's good, I think.

P90X Eating Plan Day 2 went well. I stuck to the plan, felt famished by supper time as we ended up eating later than usual, but felt comfortably full once we ate it. I really didn't expect to enjoy the dinner, but it was surprisingly tasty (but then again, I was famished). I substituted the halibut for cod, as I couldn't find boneless halibut. I subbed the vermouth with chicken broth and still found the sauce tasty. The extra sauce has been frozen for next week. Even the kids enjoyed the fish, which surprised me. All of us cleaned our plates. A rarity around here. Maybe we were all famished :) Today's breakfast was really yummy: sliced tomato on a whole wheat bun drizzled with a bit of olive oil; fresh chopped cantaloupe mixed with low-fat ricotta cheese. Super good!

Traci....Are you genuinely attempting to follow the P90X eating plan? I thought you were just joking the other day. If you are, then lunch is a bean chili (recipe in the book), and a salad. Sounds good to me! Dinner tonight is flank steak with steak sauce, baked potato, and a zucchini, onion, tomato saute. A tangerine for dessert. That afternoon snack is non-fat frozen yogurt and light popcorn. I can live with that! Sourdough absorbs more slowly than white bread, huh? That's very interesting to know, and explains why it's on the P90X menu. I missed that bit about WW dropping you to 18 points of you have less than 15# to lose. That's insane. You preordered Amy's new stuff, huh? I may as well, but I'll wait until I've previewed more of the stuff I've got before I decide. You've never noticed Cedie almost kissing the step during those side-leaps in DM drill#2? Check it out and let me know what you think. I hope Wendell gets back on track with his training tonight. What are his goals? So, you're saying you've lost 6lbs, just by not doing cardio for 4 days? Well there you go! You've gotten yourself back on the right track!! I'm glad to see you're going to use Full Body+. I need to watch and learn how not to hurt myself LOL!

Tracy....I'm sure you feel your back when you hold 40+lbs of dumbells in your hands, because you need that back strength to counterbalance the weight of the dumbells. They say pregnant women develop big butts to keep them from tipping over from the new weight up front. I find when I'm doing heavy barbell/dumbell work, I really have to brace my core to keep myself stabilized. Are you going to preorder any of Amy's new stuff? I haven't done PS legs in ages. I'm sure it will be a good shake up for the legs. Maybe I'll do that next Tuesday.

Debra....I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's for the first time when I was put on bedrest while pregnant with DD#2. I remember really enjoying it, being surprised at all the adult humour (they didn't put stuff like that in movies back then, did they??), and thinking Audrey Hepburn was exquisitely beautiful. I'd never seen her in a movie before. I have to admit, though, that I don't remember the part where they played Moon River. Enjoy your class today, and don't let CB sidetrack you tonight! Tell him he's not allowed to come and play on a school night.

Teddygirl....CC#6 wiped you out, you say. No kidding! It's TOUGH!!!! I presume you did the one with Candace. I'm thinking the late night and early morning didn't help. Did you catch Debra's comment to me yesterday? She thinks Ted might be your energy sapper ;) I think she knows of what she speaks, given how often "one thing leads to another" when CB comes over, and then we hear how she needs all these naps. Do your best with CST tonight.

Christiane....Given how much work it is to maintain one small house in my home country, I can't imagine how much more you have to deal with. Ugh! Try putting a yoga mat underneath the bar stools. I do that with my high step or chair, as they tend to slide on the laminate flooring in the basement. It works like a charm. If there ever comes a day when I do some international travel, I'll be sure to ask you for advice! I'm glad I spent the half hour last night, previewing. It made for a much better workout this morning. I'm going to preview one of her hi/los today, and do 30 mins or so tomorrow morning. So, what was Tony's advice to you about your injury from CST? P90X+ are 5 workouts that Tony's done to add to the P90X collection. Apparently you can use them to challenge yourself further, or maintain what you've done with P90X. Initial reviews so far are quite positive. I hope to get mine really soon. If I don't have them by Friday, I'll be doing Amy's Kickbox Extreme on Saturday. If I do have them, I'll be doing the new, improved Kenpo Cardio.

Carol....I almost did IMAX3 yesterday, in lieu of PlyoX, then popped in DrillMax instead. I can feel an IMAX3 day coming up soon, though. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Congrats to DS on achieving his white belt!

Jeanette....You completed ALL of 9801?! Hats off to you!! I think you hit a part of the tape that has never been played before :) . In your honour, I may do the Bryan Kest Power yoga tomorrow. Since you have the patience to learn complicated choreography, I would recommend Amy's Step Challenge 2. There's a modifier up front who does it all without impact, so you can keep it at a level you enjoy. I also bought her Step Challenge original, and will keep an ear out for the whoops. People often complain about too much whooping in Cathe's earlier videos, yet I've never really noticed. I guess it doesn't register on my Annoyance Radar. The Amy's I ordered were: Step Challenge (original), SC II, Kickbox Extreme, Hi/lo Dome, and Hi/lo Extreme. You want to lose about 8lbs? I'm sure you'll do it, now that you've got an eating plan. How did Day 4 go? Are you feeling hungry?

Laurie....Oh dear, what a dreadful morning you had!! I hope the knee isn't too injured. Hmmm, you mentioned Katharine Hepburn in the same breath as Breakfast at Tiffany's. I thought that was Audrey Hepburn? Am I getting mixed up? And are Katharine and Audrey related? Apropos of nothing, we named our second daughter Katharine, but call her Kate. It's not a common way to spell the name, but it's been in DH's family for at least 4 generations. Amy's form is poor in Kickbox Extreme? Thanks for telling me. If something seems suspect, I'll fall back on how Cathe does it, in her recent videos. I thought once you got tubes in your ears, you didn't need to get it done again? Colour me surprised. Want to hear today's joke? Here it is: "Knock knock. Who's there? Toyota. Toyota who? Toyata be a law against such awful jokes." One day I played around with this feature so many times she finally told me to "Get back to work!". No kidding. Now, now, you and Jeanette don't have to fight over me. I'll review BOTH of them within the next day or two, okay?

Nicole....I hope you get onto an eating plan that works for you. I know exaclty what you mean when you say it's as though your body has a memory of being large. I feel the same way. I'm not feeding the family any differently than me. I'm tired of that routine. I told DH he was eating what was in the book for dinner for the next 4 weeks, and he didn't put up any argument. This isn't unreasonable, as the dinners are essentially the sort of thing we always eat: a protein, carb, and vegetable. I think he's also privately hoping to drop some pounds, too. Assisted pull ups still work the back very well, so don't feel like you're somehow compromising your results by doing them that way.

Time to hit the showers. Have a great day!
Sandra

Sandra, You are right about Audrey Hepburn. I was thinking about Sabrina and Humphrey Bogart (he is in Sabrina). Then African Queen was stuck in my head, and how much I like that movie. :7 :7 I think starting out my day the way I did has frazzled my brain. :D :D I really have done nothing much today at work. I'm going to have to check out my P90X Nutrition Guide again, because you are making me hungry.

Debra, That cabin sounds nice and remote. ;-)

Laurie

Sandra: Yep! Candace CC#6. You so are right, not getting enough sleep had all to do with me being tired this morning and feeling tho I need a nap. I missed Debra comment But it is ((((((((truth)))))))) That's too funny, I’m slowly working myself back into my daily regimen. I really am going to push myself tonight too get UB done, but if it doesn’t happen I’ll be in sleep la..la..land. Nice workout:) :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.