Xers & Workin' Fool X'ers SATURDAY

teddy16410

Cathlete
;-)
Guess which one I am???? Will BBL - much later- got 3 back to backs today.....
Its a kickboxing day for me...:*

Back.... Did Jillians Michaels Cardio Kickbox....30 minutes drills done with HIIT (jacks, jump rope) .... Very effective very fun.... Was a nice "extra" day to make all my upper muscles feel toasty;-) And perfect time (30) to really make the interval segments count.

Gotta hit the shower & start training @ 745.... Back late afternoon

Hope all is well out there!!!!

Good morning,

I've got 4DS Kickbox, including legs, on deck today. I didn't have time to add on a core workout yesterday; not sure if I'll add on to what the workout already has today, or not. I like the KB abs, but it is short.

I woke up with a headache this morning. This is unusual for me. I hope the coffee takes care of it.

Traci....Enjoy all your client time today. I hope you don't get them mixed up LOL!! What kickbox will you be doing today, I wonder? Ah, I see you've already got your workout done! Jillian Michaels - she's the Biggest Loser trainer, isn't she? Are the intensity blasts in that one as intense, say, as IMAX3 blasts?

Jeanette....It sounds like you have a great weekend with Grandma planned. I'm starting to get the itch to do a cardio coach these days. I hope spring comes early and I can add a bit of running again. I wonder if it's possible to do some kind of skip rope version of a CC?

My whole upper body is feeling stiff this morning (maybe that explains the headache). My triceps have been feeling the DOMS from Thursday's workout. The kickbox this morning is much needed to flush out all this lactic acid.

Have a great day!
SandraXX

Hi all,

I woke up feeling better today, but last night could barely hold my head up past 9. I have got to get my eating under control. I just have not been eating enough:( DS and I did Tone yesterday and it really is a great yoga routine to hit everything. I think I'm going to order one of his audio downloads.

I'm on the fence about what to do today. I have to look at the rest of the week and see whether I want to do legs or upper today and how it will play out.

Traci - Nice KB workout. I'll do KB if I do legs today.

Sandra - Sounds like you made great progress with the last round of the x. I am kind of plateaued and probably part of it is this stupid flu. It just takes so much mental energy to keep pushing and when you don't feel well it's so hard. I'd like to start the Feb rotation with you guys, but I may have to join in the second week.

Jeanette - One thing about FIL was even when he was on his death bed in ICU he kept eating. DH's mom wasn't the same though. Once she gave up she would barely eat. FIL is up and down again. They can't seem to get the fluid under control and his weight can fluctuate 10-12 lbs which is all water.

I'll check back later.

Tracy

:7 1 down - 2 to go! :7

SANDRA:::
One of my FAVS on tap today:7 ENJOY:7 So sorry about the headache! We shall ASSUME it is muscle & fatigue related & not the start of something "germie" ewwwwwwww:-( ROF about intensity blasts of Jillians (or anyone!) Now WHO have you ever met that is as intense as Cathe????? - Theres no burbies or mountain climbers in this one so its really up to the participant to get moving.... for instance I wore weighted gloves .... when she was doing jacks I threw in some Plyo Jacks... When she jumped rope I dod 1-legged jumps....that kind of thing.... I like her in this- funny because I dont watch Biggest Loser but the 1 epidode I did see I couldnt stand her in it....

TRACY:::
So sorry its been tough getting bacj from the germs.... It does take its toll but its also the bodys way of forcing us to slow down and take self care time. ~~ So you may be doing Feb rotation too.... WELL! I shall have to see how I can fit it in with the plan I'm on.... what to do, what to do..... I HATE being left out of a group activity!;-) You know theres just nothing I can really say about your FIL & the entire situation...I think of you often but dont want to bring up something that may add to your stress level. Just know were all here when/if you want to talk/vent.

Gotta load up the car---Its traveling trainer power hour!;-)

4DS Kickbox, with calf work added, is done. The headache is still here a bit. Maybe the hot shower will help. I didn't get a shower in yesterday and I always find the hot water helps to ease sinus pressure.

I went to Amy B's website the other day and read through her blog. If I understand it correctly, her new workouts are going to be shipped within the next 3 weeks. Since we just preordered in mid-January, this seems like super-fast work. Maybe she just doesn't offer presales until she's much farther into the production process? When I read through her blog I was amazed at how many projects she has on the go. She seems to be able to put new workouts out at a quick pace, too. She already has a whole new series planned for the summer. I'm thinking Cathe spends too much time running her club :)

Tracy....You're still struggling to get over those germs?? Argh, that's disheartening. Don't feel too bad about your apparent "plateau." I remember you told me that I probably won't see major gains the second time around because I'm just layering it on. The same would apply for you, right? I completely forgot that you were still 3 weeks from the end of Round 2, so wouldn't be able to start the Feb rotation for a bit. Who knows, maybe the March rotation will be too good to pass up, and we'll all forget about Feb's by then. Why do you not eat enough? Do you have no appetite? Do you have a sensitive stomach? Are you just too busy or focused on other things to remember to eat?

Traci....I've only seen 10 mins of one episode of TBL, but I've been seeing Jillian all over the place. She seems to be putting out books and stuff. If you're reading this, then you've got at least 2/3 done. Will you be driving to the bay house this afternoon?

Cheers,
SandraXX

Total Body Plus

Well girls it's Saturday again:)

I'm all caught up on laundry, my kids are still asleep and DH and I had a constructive talk last night:) I hope today will be a good day!

Traci, Have fun with all of those clients today. Wendell should be proud of his life changing, money making momma:D

Tracy, Bummer that you are feeling yucky again. Why are you eating so little? Is it because of the lack of choices at this time of year? I wish I could say I ate too little but far from it:p

Jeanette, Poor DH hasn't been able to watch much of the Tour because I always have multiple shows recording. The weekend is slower for that so he'll catch up tonight. I'll have to record it on Vs. for him. We are fans of Levi too!

Sandra, Did the coffee make your headache go away? Maybe some yoga is what you need:) Are you having another busy weekend? Hope the 4DS workout is lots of fun!

I'll be back in a bit,

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368_1199393270649.gif
[/url]

Good morning,
Today was Leaner Legs and then planks only from CTX Kickbox Abs as my DVD froze up and I didn't want to spend any more time. I need to get over to Grandma's and relieve my sister now. Will shower over there. Hoping I can get my laptop working over there so will be back with personals then.

See ya later!

Jeanette

Hi all...back from my trip to see Will Ferrell..and a day of shopping...I am completely beat! I went to the Lucky store and got a few new things for spring. The shopping center there is really nice and has stores that we don't have around here. Also ate at The Cheesecake Factory...Yummo fish tacos! And no cheesecake. I am definitely Sleepy of the dwarfs! Had a great day and night with CBL...he's coming over tomorrow for dinner...Hopefully the dog won't eat it this time. I told him about the 'magic mechanic' and he is sufficiently scared to meet you guys in April...LOL!

I suppose I need to figure out a workout to do today....I have a massive headache right now, so nothing is sounding like much fun. I am sure I will feel better after I get a little nappy-poo. Just wanted to pop on and say hello...bbl to catch up with personals.

Oh, forgot to mention I got a 100 on my last test...WooHoo!!! And got my Seinfeld presentation over with on Friday too...now I just have a paper due this Friday coming up...Maybe I can get Sandra to write it for me....LOL. I forgot to mention one of my favorite lines from Seinfeld....Elaine is at a party and she is not happy about it and some crazy woman is saying she lost her finance at the party and called him a 'poor baby' and Elaine says, "Maybe the dingo ate your baby"...Too funny!!!

Happy Saturday to all!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Yes Sandra...2 down!!!!!!!!! 1 To go!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd do personals real quick but my client is due here in 15 minutes & I pee'd my panties reading Debras Elaine Memory!Good Lord I heard the accent all over again....off to change panties:7

Hi all,

I love that Seinfeld when Elaine says, "Maybe the dingo ate your baby!" I also like the puffy shirt one. That one is sooo funny and the Festivus one. The talent on that show was great. It's almost timeless....

Poor CB, now he has a real reputation to live up to and he knows we know.

CST is done and I felt much better today. I've amped up the food intake. That is such a hard workout. I have 300 walking lunges for later and some floor work plus yoga.

Debra - Great job on the school work. I have some homework to do today. I might as well do it because the weather here suc&%.

Jeanette - How was LL? That's a tough one too, but really helped me when I was riding cross country a lot. It might be one that you could keep in a rotation once you start riding more.

Sandra - Nothing has tasted good. I'm just going to force myself to eat a little more. Ugghh..... TTOM is late again too.

Nicole - I hope today is better than yesterday.

Traci - You are really doing great with the clients!

DS is doing a combination of the X and Cathe leg work. He's doing PLB today, no floorwork. He hates static lunges, just like me.

Tracy

Ok, now you all started the Seinfeld discussion which made me think of the one where Kramer was constipated because he couldn't find a bathroom. He busts through the door and says, "It went back up Jerry, it went back up!" I use that line when the boys are procrastinating about using the potty. Oh the memories:p

Tracy, I don't think 300 walking lunges will ever be on my workout schedule! I know you have knockout legs though so maybe I should try:)

Debra, Way to go on the 100%!!! We are all so proud of our little girl;) Sounds like CBL is on the great list again and I'm glad to hear you happy:)

Traci, Keep pumping along, you're almost done! Are you going to the bay later?

Sandra, I liked the puffy shirt episode too. Another winner was the Soup Nazi:D

Jeanette, LL is an oldie but goodie. My BFF has my copy on loan right now.

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Those with P90X Plus workouts is there a lean rotation? If there is would anyone mind posting it? Kim

I was lurking a bit on the Chinners check in and found this interesting article on building up to doing chin/pull ups:

http://stronglifts.com/how-to-increase-your-strength-on-the-pullup/

The toddler has begun upchucking today, so our Super Saturday activities got cut short. I'm real upset about that (heavy sarcasm). She's so funny. She puked all over herself after lunch, while playing in the indoor playground. She cried for a few minutes, then suddenly said quite brightly: "I feel better now!" Then attempted to run off and start climbing equipment again. If I'd have had a clean change of clothes for her, I'd have probably stayed to do the dance lessons. She in-between vomiting sessions every few hours, she's quite fine.

Jeanette....Get thee a new dvd player! We can't have you missing out on a second of your workouts!!

Debra....So - how was the performance?? And I mean Will's, not CBL's! A massive headache or a hangover? Congrats on the perfect score, yet again! That line from Seinfeld is one of the most bizarre script lines every written, isn't it? Did you know that Julia Louise-Dreyfus is the daughter a Greek shipping magnate, and stands to inherit billions of dollars? She tops the list of Hollywood heiresses, over Miss Hilton, etc.

Tracy....Nothing tastes good? Late ttom? Is it possible your appetite is being influenced by your hormones? I know when I was pregnant I was astonished at how my taste buds got all mixed up. It was unarguably evident that hormones control our tastes. I love static lunges. A good glute/hamstring squeeze always makes me a happy girl :)

Nicole....I don't remember that Kramer line, but that's hilarious. Another good Kramer one: when he stopped wearing underwear: "I'm free, Jerry, FREE!!!".

Traci....Oh, interesting link. I'll go there right now. Well, I don't like that number! Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm healthy, but still! It must be wrong LOL!!! I've always been a "healthy" girl, if you know what I mean. Are ya pooped out from your day? Or will you be joining Tracy with her 300 walking lunges?

Off to play with the kiddos,
Sandra

Hey Kim,
Here it is:

Weeks 1-3
Mon: TB+
Tue: IntX+ and Abs/C+
Wed: Kenpo+
Thur: UB+ and A/C+
Fri: YogaX
Sat: Core Synergistics
Sun: Rest or X Stretch

Week 4
Mon: YogaX
Tue: IntX+ and A/C+
Thur: TB+
Fri: X Stretch
Sat: IntX+

Weeks 5-7
Mon:TB+
Wed: UB+ and A/C+
Thur: YogaX
Fri: CS
Sat: Kenpo+

Week 8
Mn: YogaX
Sat: IntX+ and A/C+

Weeks 9 & 11
Mon: UB+ and A/C+
Tue: CS
Wed: IntX+ and A/C+
Fri: TB+

Weeks 10 & 12
Mon: TB+
Wed: CS
Fri: UB+ and A/C+

Week 13
Mon: YogaX
Sat: IntX+

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Hi all,
I'm just sitting here at Mom and Dad's. Watched the Tour of California, but had to keep brushing snow off of the satellite dish as the picture kept breaking up. Grandma's sleeping now and has been for a couple of hours. My Mom's sister (who hasn't lifted a finger to help Grandma in any of her care over the last 6-7 years) just called to talk with Grandma (who is sleeping). I kept telling her that Mom could use some help with Grandma's care. Of course there were tons of excuses, blah, blah, blah. Sore subject around here, but I had to say something to her, just to let her know that Mom needs a break. I'm like that and can't keep my mouth shut. I doubt she will come to help.

Haven't done much today, just bringing Grandma her teeny breakfast and giving her medications which are have all been carefully laid out by Mom before she left. DH will be over later to keep me company and spend the night. Looking forward to that.

Traci, hope you enjoyed training your clients today. Are you going to bay?

Sandra, bet it is possible to do a Cardio Coach with a jump rope. Double timing it during the interval blasts? Power scissors? Funny, I remember vomiting as a child and being so happy afterwards that the awful feeling was gone for a while. Hope your little one is over the bug. Hope you've gotten rid of the headache. Guess I could do a step workout tomorrow as cycling is out of the question, but I thought I'd give this treadmill a run for it's money. Mom and Dad occasionally use it. Hope it works. If not, will run home or have DH bring over my step. I haven't gotten a chance to do my Amy Bento Step Challenge DVD yet. Did we ever figure out the other drawf's name? I know, I know, I need a new DVD player! I'm thinking I'm going to have to send CTX back to Cathe.com sometime as it's really cracked around the center. My Imax2/C&W was too and they replaced it. It never has fit well in the case.

Tracy, eating under control? Most of us have to eat less or better choices, not more! I fixed Grandma scrambled egg this morning, a whole avocado and about a quarter of a banana. She didn't touch the egg, but ate the whole avocado with ketchup and all of the 1/4 banana. She's very tired today. I don't think Grandma's weight fluctuates at all. She's very, very thin. Leaner Legs was tough today, but I persevered!!! I'm looking forward to some day getting out Legs & Glutes as I think I've only done that one once!

Nicole, so glad you and your DH had a constructive talk. Did you get the tax refund thing settled? Levi's still doing well. One more day, but guess they will be riding in the rain. They are tougher than I am. Guess I missed the one with Kramer saying it went back up too. What a crackup!

Debra, glad you had fun seeing Will! No cheesecake? I would have had a very tough time turning that down. Good job on the test result! I'm not familiar with the dingo episode. I'll have to rent those someday.

Well, I better eat some dinner. Grandma still asleep.

Gotta run,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.