Xers----Tuesday----Xers

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

I just couldn't come up with a good adjective this morning. I hope that is not a sign of how the day is going to go. I have lots of problems to deal with at work.

I'll bbl after I check the end of yesterday.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Tracy

Hi all,

We had a nice lunch with my parents. The food was excellent.

I had a long talk with FIL on Sunday while DH was riding. He said he really has felt about like “death” which I thought and that is how he looked. He is miserable and hates going to the doctor all of the time, having no energy, and the thought of that being the rest of his life. It was very sad. I sometimes wonder whether this last year has been worth it. I really think that he has suffered so much (he was in ICU most of last spring and summer) and unfortunately he is no better than he was 14 months ago. Getting old is not pretty, and there is probably no good ending to this situation.

Today I am doing KPC. After hearing a few of you all do it recently, I decided it sounds pretty good. KM is in the rotation, but I’m subbing. Then I’ll do magically hips.

Traci – How did you decide which certification to get? There are so many. How was working with your client last night?

Sandra –The food sounds wonderful. The apple pizza sounds absolutely delicious. I may have to try that.

Nicole – If you like the exercises in PS, then just slow down the reps and go heavy. It’s a little hard at first to change your thought process, but she usually does quite a few reps and if you are doing 8-10 it should work. I didn’t buy that one. I thought about it, but decided I wanted PH/BM1/MIS instead. I still have S&H on VHS.

Debra – Great job on the stats. When I lost the weight because of my back it really helped because I think I lost some fat:) It’s nice when someone comments on progress! DS will probably be a little fitness buff when she gets older.

Jeanette – The time you spend on the Rhino sounds wonderful. We don’t have anything like that within 3 hours of where I live. I know how you feel about feeding an older person. DH’s FIL is exactly the opposite (92) and eats like a horse. It’s just that everything inside must be barely functioning and it just goes in and out. I’m sure with all of the riding you do you have strong, shapely, muscular legs:)

Cheryl – You did MIC and 45 minutes on the TM? I've found that 3-4 hours of cardio a week is enough for me. I see more benefits with adding in 4 hours of weight work. I haven’t used my elliptical in ages. I hate working out inside when it is still nice out.

Carol – Back in the workout saddle again? I don’t know how you home schooler Moms do it.

Hi to Wendy, Swifty, Amy, Lea.

Tracy

Quickie Post for me this morning... Been up since 2:45 working- didnt do all the logging for last nights client so playing catch up.....

My workout today:
Circuit City Sept 07 : High Step Challenge
Will be starting with Amy Bento's APX Lower Timesaver

TracyX: I just wish I could give you an in-person hug. It is the hardest thing in the world watching people we love suffer... My time with Hospice was the most treasured gift of my life. Its so much easier for the sick to discuss their feelings/fears/beliefs about death & dying with people who are not spouses/siblings/chldren. Please know that as difficult as it is for you - the peace you bring your FIL is un-matched by any drug. People NEED to talk it thru so they can let go when the time is right...Things left unsaid often times cause them to hang on long after their bodies were ready to go. You are a blessing to him and in time it will be a blessing to you as well.

To all the rest of gang.... I hope you are well I shall bbl with personals - xxooxoxoxoxo

Good morning,

I'm off to do KPC in a few minutes. I wish I was a homeschooler, because I'm dreading this morning. I'll be driving DD to school today, because it's the first day. Last year the drive took me 3x longer than it should, because allllll the parents are driving their kids to school. So, I have to be out of the house with the kids by 7:45am, with DD#2 eating her breakfast in the car. Which means I should be starting my workout within the next 10 minutes.

BBL to actually chat,
SandraX

7:30 and taking a break...Completed APX Lower Timesaver- She does a great job working hammies}( (My next muscle to POP!) but omits calves in the tsaver:-( Better do some of Tonys 3-way Calf raises}(

Started HSCh but a killer sinus headache started so I only got thru cycle 1 - took some drugs and will wait til they kick in to finish up.....

TracyX: QOD on Certification.... I called a few gyms in town to see what ones they encouraged their trainers to have... ACE , AFAA & AFPA came up.... ACE was too hard to start w/ for me but I think you'd do fine.... AFAA requires in person classes and the available dates didnt mesh with my schedule so AFPA won by default... I will do AFAA next time but want to get some additional CE certifications with AFPA as I can get them discounted now.

SandraX: LORDY woman you sound frazzled! Hope traffic wasnt a nightmare- sit down relax and chat to destress! I promise to do the same later! :7

Hope rest of Team X arent as frazzled as the first 3 posters of the day seem to be!:+

Back with personals after I get some more work done. XXOOXOXO

Morning Xers,

Workout: Gabby Reece Total Body / Bootcamp Cardio only Premix with 1 min rests inbetween the cardio.

Well today was my oldest DD's first day of HS. I watched her stand on the corner waiting for her bus. I couldn't believe it, but I had a few tears in my eyes. And I just talked to DH and our youngest is ready for her bus as I am typing. :) It is really nice that they both get on their bus right by our house.

Faire is finally finished!!! But I will be all ready for it again when the time does come. :D Yesterday I met a young lady that would like to play my attendant next year. She was very nice, and I think that it will work splendidly. I was just so happy that the only thing that appeared to be pierced on her where her ears. :D My last attendant had some that I still shudder to think about.

Traci, I am not frazzled at all this morning. I think I'm too tired. :D At the end of the day yesterday, I was thankful that we do not do more than two days of faire. My feet where killing me by the end of the day. :D Take care of the headache.

Sandra, Hope the drive goes well for you. First day of school is always so exciting for all the children.

Tracy, I can't imagine what you are going through with FIL. But Traci has said it much better than I ever could. And I agree with her, an in person hug is in order.

Will bbl to catch up with the rest of you all,

Laurie

Good morning Xers. Did KPC today(FitTv version), but still got a good workout.

Tracy X - Thank you for getting us started this morning. Big hugs to you and your family. What a terrible thing to go through for you guys. But I am glad that you were there for your FIL to be able to talk to.

Traci X - Sleep, you need sleep. See how I am trying to hypnotize you into getting a good night's rest? What is you decided to cut out caffeine. I know ***gasp***, but maybe that might help:).

Sandra X - Good luck with the first day of school. It's a very overwhelming time isn't it? Oh, and I have a great zucchini hummus recipe for you. It's really good. I will type it out later.

Laurie - I can imagine how you felt for your DD. I was in tears when my DS went into first grade this year, so I imagine I will be bawling when he goes into high school.

Does anyone know of a good sub for High Step Challenge? Does this mean I need to do HSTA again??? No more leg pressesx( . I will probably be asking for subs throughout this rotation since I don't have a lot of the workouts. I know **gasp** again.

Hi to all that follow. Have a great day. It is suppose to cool down to 97 degrees today. YAY!!! HA!

Lea X

Good morning,
Today was S&H Biceps and Back (or most of anyway), then 2 combos from Step Blast on 8" risers. I was really sweating for this. After work, I will hit the driving range at the golf course.

Tracy, hope your day goes okay. I've had those when nothing goes right, but I try to just be positive anyway, and surround myself with positive people. It's so good that you were there for your FIL to talk to. My mom used to be very involved with hospice, but it was very draining on her too. I agree, getting old is not too fun. I always wonder what is going thru my grandma's mind. We are so fortunate here to have all of the public land surrounding us. We are totally encircled by Bureau of Land Management land (desert) and National Forest land. Acres and acres, however so much of it is being closed off due to destruction from folks. You go out in the woods or desert and you see junk that people have just dumped, appliances, computers, etc. No wonder it's being taken away from us. I have lots of muscle in the tops of my legs (with a fat layer) and less muscle down below in the calf area so it's more of a "turnip" look than I like. Oh well, at least I have legs and they are strong and have lots of muscle endurance.

Traci, how did your client's workout go yesterday? What is she focusing on? Great advice re: hospice. Hope the headache is gone now.

Sandra, sad day for you today with the kids leaving for school. I remember Mom saying that she took my brother to school for his first day and he beat her home. That was a sign for sure LOL!

Laurie, LOL re: the piercings. I'm always taken back when I see ladies my age with multiple ear piercings and tattoos. Something just doesn't seem right to me about that. Like a 60 year old in go-go boots. No offense to anyone here with piercings and tattoos, just my old nature setting in. Who is Gabby Reece? What kind of workouts does she do?

Lea, glad it's going to be cooler for you today. You might even need a jacket if you go outside, huh? We have a forest fire blazing not far from here. Today is predicted to be windy and I hope they got a lot of it knocked down last night.

BBL,

Jeanette

Lea, you could probably substitute any circuit workout with a good lower body emphasis for High Step Challenge, I think.

What a great morning! Feels like Monday, though x(

Traci, I certified with AFAA years ago. Loved it. Would gladly do it again, given the chance.

This morning I ran 60 minutes. Was flying. Felt really good, actually. No time for weights today.

Tracy - I agree with you, weights is better... the Leanness lifestyle I'm trying to follow right now, though, is recommending 65% cardio to 35% weights. To me that means more workout hours, because I don't want to sacrifice the 3-4 hours per week of weights.

Off to work. Have a great morning, everyone!

Cheryl

P~E~R~S~O~N~A~L~S
::::::::::******:::::::**********:::::::::****::::****::::::***

[i ]WENDY-X[/i]
When ya comin’ home girl??? REMINDER: Go to DMV! }(

[i ]TRACY-X[/i]
Hope your assistant called in sick so you can get more done in shorter time today! }(

[i ]TEDDYGIRL[/i]
When ya comin’ home???????

[i ]Swifty-X[/i]
Hope your weekend was FABULOUS!

[i ]SANDRA -X[/i]
Still in the car?????????????????}( Lol on your FOOD post yesterday… You make me HUNGRY!

[i ]NICOLE-X[/i]:
Hope your food festivities were grand! I was actually glad to be alone all weekend – no free food days this week so I am feeling slim & trim today! On PS & reps/speed- What about doing your own pace with heavier weights or only 2 sets with heavier? I have to do that with a lot of Cathe’s to lift what I want- ALTHOUGH a little muscle endurance training might do us good to keep things shaken up…Just thoughts.

[i ]LEA- X[/i]
You go girl! Wanna finish my HSCH up today? }( 1 cycle down….. Yep- It’s the all day coffee getting me for sure… I need to wean off- I never drank anything but decaf after 3 but then these dang PM clients started and I am SO not a PM person… vicious cycle I MUST break! YEP- More Leg Presses for you girl! LOL …. Do you have HS Circuit?

[i ]LAURIE-XX[/i]
*sniff sniff* & XER HUGS! How incredibly emotional all these milestones must be! ! Glad you are having a good day thus far… ^5 on such a successful Faire! You are wonder woman for sure!

[i ]JEANETTE-X[/i]:
Still only have the 2 clients and really cant take on anymore until my vacations are over in October… The ads I’m running start mid October & November so timing is fine as those ads are taking on DAY clients only. Training went well last night – thanks for asking… She is looking to build some muscle to assist if 40-ish weight gain… She runs 1x per week & I have her on splits 2 days so we can go heavy. ~~~Glad you had such an enjoyable day yesterday! Its great you got the day off as I know the prisons are open 24/7! Wonderful w/o today! You are back into it already!!

[i ]DebraX:[/i]
WooHoo on the leg definition! I too am seeing some pretty incredible lower body changes… So many things changed at the same time 3 weeks tho so I cant pin point the real reason…I get super wiped out from sun bathing as well- Enjoy it tho!!! Will you be in the backyard tanning now that pol is closed? Ever wonder WHY ON EARTH they close our pools so dang early in the year… I tan outdoors until well into October here. ~~~ AWESOME legs yesterday! Seeing results makes working them so much more enjoyable doesn’t it? Way to go on your month end stats! VERY MOTIVATING! Good job!

[i ]CHERYL[/i]
LOL on your MIC! You are the only person I know who LOVES that w/o! I agree- the short week is looking frantic on my end as well- PLUS we leave for vacation Sunday- YIKES is right! AWESOMe w/o today too! You are such a cardio queen!

[i ]CAROL[/i]
Hope all is well!

[i ]AMY[/i]
Any Rum found its way into that Protein Shake yet?

OK Gang- All caught up and ready to finish HSTCh...... Hugs!

Good Morning Ladies!

I got home late last night. Read a little, but didn't have time to post.

I missed you all! I didn't do S&H yesterday. Will do it today. Instead, I rode the hilly back country roads for an hour. Some of the ride would have counted as HIIT. :7

Went to a girlfriend's party on Labor Day. We've known each other since the boys were in diapers. We hardly spoke after I divorced my ex despite our boys being close friends. About 6 years ago, we had a heart to heart. She apologized, but it was a little too late. Our relationship will never be the same.

Anyhow, she has a dd the same age as my girls. Eldest dd was excited to see her dd again. When we got there, a group of similar aged girls, including her dd, ignored eldest dd. Dd tried to make friends with the girls in the pool. After an hour, she got her food and sat down where a couple of their plates were on the table. When the girls came back from getting their drinks, they picked up their plates and sat elsewhere. I think dd's heart broke. Dd confided during lunch, "Mom, I don't know why I'm feeling shy." I whispered, "Honey, it's okay. This is the first time you're around everyone who knows each other while you're the new person. Remember this moment if ever we host a party or when you are with a bunch of friends and a new person arrives. After you're finished eating, try talking to one of the girls one on one." She started silently crying so that the others wouldn't see. Her brother suggested that she hang out with him and his teenaged guy friends. I gotta love him for trying! LOL My other gf calls my dd the "Friend of the Lonely" because dd will seek out someone all alone and play with them. So, she didn't understand why they wouldn't invite her to play with them.

I was feeling a bit angered that none of the parents taught their dc manners. Yes! I said it!:p They were sitting right there! The only thing stopping me from bringing it up with my ex bff, the hostess, was my anger. Also, I KNEW she would blame it on dd being unsocialized from being homeschooled. (Every single woman there, except two, were public school teachers, even one of the men!!!!!) And, I get so tired of having to defend how I live my life to strangers and people who don't really know me or my kids. So, I don't even comment unless someone says something really ignorant. But, dd was able to break through her fear and approach one of the girls AGAIN. Eventually, a couple of the girls started playing with her.

On a happier note, everyone thought I was younger! One lady thought I was my ex bff's niece. I have no idea why she thought that since she's white and I'm Asian. A couple of the ladies asked me if I was a personal trainer because I lift. LOLOLOL I met an adorable Asian mother with four very young children. She reminded me of me (opinionated and strict with a litter of dc). LOLOLOLOL We're going to get together next time I'm in town.

Well, off I go to do some more catch up reading while the girls eat lunch. Hope everyone is doing well and had a stress free weekend.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Good Morning!

Well, here are first week's stats!

Weight- down 4.5 lbs (not quite as impressive as Debra!:p )
Chest- down .5 inches
Waist- down .5 inches
thigh down .25 inches
The rest stayed the same, and nothing went up! Yea!!!

Okay, done blowing my own horn....

Traci- I am sorry that the pm clients are causing you issues. I know that you are loving what you're doing, though!! I hope that you figure out something to help you sleep! You are going to wear yourself out, girl!

Tracy- I am sorry about your FIL. I agree with Traci about how much you mean to him! He probably doesn't want to put the stress of that conversation on to any of his children, but he still needs to talk about it. You are a wonderful person!

Laurie- It seems like just yesterday that you were talking about starting up Faire! Wow, how times flies! I hate to laugh about your last attendant....I like watching National Geographic channel and they have a show, Taboo, about different cultural stuff and the newest show was "Body Modification". Yes, think as crazy as you can....one guy actually tatooed himself to make him look like a lizard!!!! Green skin, eyebrow implants, etc! I hope that your DD enjoys her first day in HS!

Debra- HUGS to you, girl! I hear you on the leg definition! I am hoping that some of my thigh insulation goes away....especially upper!!! That's awesome about the leaning out, I am just sorry that it's taken stress to do it! Sunbathing also wipes me out!

Cheryl- I agree, you are the only person that loves MIC! I have yet to try it. Great job with the running! I am working with a program right now that I only do weights and NO cardio. I walk everyday (called NEPA walks.....Non Exercise Physical Activity) for almost an hour, but other than that, no cardio to speak of. I also take the stairs whenever possible...which meant 4 flights down to the pharmacy and 4 flights up at work!!!:p

SwiftAmy- How was the massage???

Sandra- Your pizza sounded fabulous!!! I am trying to stay away from soy, but your's sounds absolutely nummers!!! Living with you would remind me of my childhood....Mom always baked bread when we lived on the farm! Yum, I still love that smell. There's nothing that can beat the taste of freshly baked bread, still warm, with butter oozing.....Oh, heavens! Stop me now!!!

Lea- Sorry, about that..... How was your onion bread? It sounds intruiging! I am not sure I good do a raw food thing, and I KNOW I couldn't go vegan!!!

No, rum in the shakes....I played with coconut and almond extracts this last weekend, though. Oh, and I've been brewing green tea and adding mint extract...YUM!

ETA- Wendy- I am very sorry that DD had such a hard weekend! HUGS!! to her! You are such a wonderful mother!!! I got a tear in my eye reading about it because growing up, "I" was your eldest DD!! I was always the one left out and being ostracized. More HUGS!!!

Good afternoon Xers!:)

P90X Round 2/ Week 2/ Day 7/ Rest

Fly by post- I'm off to the bike trail as it's quittin' time. I'm trying for some super fast mileage. DH has my cadillac suped up with new smooth tires. The GT is a fast }( machine now!

Yesterday did Kenpo and a 18 mile ride.

Feeling the need to up the cardio as I've been eating like it's part of my weight lifting and cardio workout. Yikesx(

Wendy, glad to see you are back safe. Did you make it to Penn's Cave. We went last year. DD had her gems out last night looking at them. She panned them out of the makebelieve water trough outside the entrance. We all loved it. Sorry to hear how rude and plain inconsiderate parents can be.;( You had such an elegant response for DD. She should be glad to have you as her mom.:7 Look for your pedals arriving soon!

Shakers and Hitting the Pool to all! Enjoy your day Mwah!:*

Aaaaaaand Relax!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Okay, that stress if over with. I managed to get the DDs in the car in good time, although had to skip breakfast. I grabbed a banana for me to eat in the car, and some raisins and milk for DD#2 to snack on. Well, DD#2 didn't want the raisins and milk, but had eyes only for my banana. So [heavy sigh], I gave it to her. And starved. Four hours after waking up, I finally got to eat something, and I think I about inhaled it. I'm on my second cup of coffee now, and the day is looking brighter. Traffic was heavy, but we still got there in good time. DD is not one of those children who are excited to start anything new. When I left her she was sitting at her new desk, trying not to cry. I had to return to the classroom to put something in her backpack, and her face was still red. I could tell she wasn't really listening to the teacher, but just focusing on "I won't cry! I won't cry!!" in her head. Breaks your heart.

KPC got done this morning, and it was one of those days where the workout was terrific. I feel great now. I will do some Fluid Power yoga later on today.

Whatcha all been up to? Let's see..........

LeaX - Oh Oh OH!!! You MUST replace HSChallenge with the ME/BC Bonus Combo Premix. I did it once and thought, "So that's where she got the idea for those high step workouts." I might even join you, as I just did HSChallenge a short while ago. A zucchini hummus recipe?? Oh yes, please share!! Where do you get your recipes from, btw? I saw a book in Planet Organic about eating raw foods like you do, and thought, "How nice. Lea would like that." Then kept on browsing :) I bought "Becoming Vegan." I like that one better. I gave Skinny Bitch to my friend yesterday and she laughed her arse off. I really do like the idea of raw food-ism, but can't see it being sustainable in my part of the world. I truly believe that climate plays a role in influencing diet. It is seriously too cold here to not eat hot food. As well, we do not have a proper growing season for obtaining local fresh fruits and veggies all year round. I would like to eventually get into a rhythm of canning the summer crop foods for the winter. That didn't happen this year, but hopefully it will next summer.

TracyX - I can't fully fathom what you're going through with FIL, but I can see that it's putting a serious strain on your family. I hope you all get some peace. How is the Scotland-son doing? The apple pizza had cardamom in the crust, and walnuts on top. The sauce was made of water, honey, apple juice, and corn starch for thickening. Next time I make it I'm going to sub pecans for the walnuts, because I'm not a huge fan of walnuts. If you want the actual recipe, I'd be happy to post it. I'm going to make it for my annual New Years' Day brunch. DH really liked how it complimented the pork chops (and beer).

TraciX - You're out to kill yourself with the rotation this month. However, since you're AFPA certified, I shall presume you know what you're doing :) Ach, too bad about the sinus head ache. No neti pot yet? I'm want to buy one of those. What do I look for? I'm picturing a small genie lamp, but I doubt that's right. My food post yesterday made you hungry, hey? Have you tried Tosca's Inca Porridge? I think you said you have, but in case you haven't, you should. It's quite yummy. When do you go on your holiday?

LaurieXX - Big transition for you this week! The faire is over and the kids are going back to school. I hope DH is enjoying the end of the faire. Will he be in charge again next year, or passing the job to someone else? I think I'll be tearing up on DD's first day of HS, too. I hope she has a great day.

JeanetteX - I love your attitude towards your workouts. I read about your weekend with Grandma. It sounds as much work to watch Grandma as it is to watch a toddler. At what age do we come to accept that we need to be babysat again? It can't be easy to acknowledge that we are so dependent again. I'm glad something I wrote the other day gave you a good laugh, whatever it was.

Cheryl - So, are you qualified to teach fitness classes? Or be a personal trainer? You're multi-talented!

WendyX - Oh, my heart broke while reading your post. And I share your consternation at the other parents. They can be just as juvenile as kids. It's nice to have you back!!

AmyX - Have a great flight!!!

Amy - NICE NUMBERS!!!!! It's working! It's working! There was no soy in my pizza. After you posted that article about soy a few months ago, I stopped eating it. I think it's marvelous that you have great memories of bread making from your childhood. To be honest, that's part of why I do it. I want the house to feel like a home, and the smell of baking bread, apples, etc just seems to do that. It's gratifying to walk into a house that smells of fresh baked food. Green tea with mint extract? Interesting. I have chocolate mint growing in a pot on my porch and should do make tea with it. It's so pungent that when DD merely jostles the leaves with her hand the smell of mint swirls everywhere.

DebraX - We're all different in how we deal with stress. If I thought I'd actually lose weight from the stress of a breakup, I consider divorce to get rid of these last few pounds. But I know I'd just eat my way up 20 pounds. So it's better for me to stay married. What's on the agenda today?

Hello to NicoleX, Jenn, Carol, and Anointed. Have a great day!!
SandraX

Ok- Just finished HSCh.... NONE of it seemed familiar...Is it possible I have never done this one before? OMG I am in heaven! BootCamp meets GS = OUCHIE! WHY on earth didnt you all make me do this one - I've had the collection for over a year now so its just been sitting! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Neti Pot would have been nice this morning but alas I have yet to purchase.... Sandra it DOES look like a genie pot to me! LOL

Sandra: Isnt relaxation FABULOUS? What an ordeal today at school- I am way to sensitive to ever be a mom... This group had me in tears from first post today..... {{{mommy}}}

Happy to see that Wendy has returned.... I am exactly like Amy- I was the wall flower child- overly sensitive and spent a great deal of my life wondering what was so wrong with me. PLEASE let DD know that Amy & I were just like her and just look at us now! Who's got the last laugh?!!!??? {{{{{{{DD & MOM}}}}}}}

Swifty glad you FLEW by to say Hi! LOL

Amy: WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO & ZIPPITY DO DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am beat silly from this workout today or maybe the combo of drugs & workout.... WHATEVER it is - I'm POOPED!

BTW: Because I am doing extra + Sept 07 workouts every day AND training 3x a week I am taking Sat & Sundays as rest days this month... That should help with fatigue & over training potential.
Thanks for all the concern about that guys... You keep me in check! XXOXOOXOXOXOXOXo:7

Hi there everyone! Hope everyone is doing well this busy day! I almost started this thread at 2am since I was up then...Yuck! Finally got back to sleep...I guess it's good it was a rest day for me. My legs are really hurting from Tony yesterday! Yowza! Amazing the DOMS you can get by using little or no weights. I may end up doing yoga tomorrow if my legs still feel this way. I was going to do the power circuit from CTX...but not sure I am going to be up for it. I guess I could jump back into GS...but I only have a short time to workout tomorrow.

I did a whole lot of nothing today...but actually got a few things done, if that makes any sense! I hung around at my friend's pool until I had to get DD from school, but after that I got her signed up for dance and got some housework done.

Some quick personals before I pop in a movie...

Amy...Way to go with your weekly stats!! You did in a week what it took me a month of stress to accomplish!

Swifty...Waving as you fly by!

Traci....Hope you are feeling better! I have no idea why they close the pools so early here...Luckily I have a friend whose pool is still open.

Jeanette...Sorry to hear about all of the wildfires out your way...I know it is nature's way of clearing out, but it seems like such a tragedy...I always think of Bambi when I hear about forest fires. Glad you and DH had a great time together yesterday!

Tracy...Sorry to hear about FIL...I know this must be so tough for everyone. Hope work turned out to be easier than expected!

Wendy...I applaud your use of restraint. My DD is also a bit shy...once she is invited to play she is very outgoing, but it takes someone else to make the initial move. I would have been all over those kids and moms! Our DD's would probably get along...mine always seeks out the loneliest kid to hang out with, too.

Sandra...Sounds like you had a lovely morning...not! Don't you just love the first day of school!! I just hate leaving my DD in situations where I know she was uncomfortable. I would have thought I would have eaten myself into oblivion with my stress levels, but I think as I have gotten older I handle it differently. Now I workout more and eat less. Who knew?

Laurie...You poor thing....watching your sweet baby head off to high school!!! I think I would have been in a heap on the floor...so you did very well to just shed a couple of tears!

Cheryl...Glad things are busy for you at work...That's great!

Lea...Sounds like you are melting out there. I forgot your DS was the same age as my DD...maybe we should get them together! Not thinking on my toes tonight about subs for HSC...hmmm...hope you came up with something!

Waving to Nicole (still taking the boys to school?), Jenn, Carol and Teddygirl (hope you didn't drown in VB!)!!

I have a massage in the morn and then I have to make a trip to the next town to get DD dance shoes since there is apparently no one in my town who carries them and she grew out of all of hers over the summer. Hopefully I will get my workout in before my massage since DD's dance class runs for 2 hours in the afternoon. Jeez!

Toodles!

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Today PS Chest & Triceps + Y4H "Daily Dose Of Bliss"

Good workout today! The boys went back to school so it's been a busy one. Sorry I can't write personals today but as you can see by how late it is that I'm opsting, it's been a LONG day!

I'll catch up with you all tomorrow:)

JeanetteX, and WendyX, I think tomorrow S&H Legs & Shoulders is perfect! Add on abs of your choice and you'll be set:D I think I will do the same:)

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Wendy I am SO SORRY to hear what your DD had to go through!! That's terrible!! She is so lucky to have you and also a considerate and thoughtful brother to help her through. That is just plain terrible the other parents didn't intervene. I hope she's doing better now.

Sandra, I let my AFAA certification expire long ago. Would love to renew it in my wildest dreams - but PR is keeping me way too busy these days. Only so much can fit.

Have a wonderful night, everyone!

Since I forgot to mention it earlier, Amy congrats on the weight lost on your program so far. You rock, girl!!!

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.