Xers........Tuesday.....May 1

taprice

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

It's hard to believe that it is May already!

Today is a push/pull up medley and yoga.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Tracy

Round 2:
Phase 2 / Week 1 / Day 2 Tuesday / PlyoX
+ Brand New Butt (Janis Saffell) + Balanced Core Premix from Sculptfest

Didn’t have the energy to do any of my “doubles” after the X yesterday….
I can’t believe its possible to feel any additional DOMS from yesterdays Ch/Sh/Tri workout! Every muscle was worked to perfection yesterday! On my pushups I decided to do half on toes and more on knees so I could go really low… (That’s my weakness) – seems to have worked the muscles much deeper by doing it that way.

تLAURIE X
Hope Plyo is good for you today! Are you running every other day? Hope DD’s track meet went well too! Maybe you are raising the next Olympic Star??? What a tremendous amount of responsibility & pressure that would be! Can you imagine if we KNEW what our childrens future held? “Congratulations Mr & Mrs Smith- You are the proud parents of the next President of the US!”

تNicole
I can be of no help on the Creatine… Oxygen mag body builders always speak highly of it but I have no clue what proper female dosage would be. I took supplements years and years ago & recall they said to take it for about 8 weeks then stop for 30 days… Not sure why. Are you looking forward to recovery week? My body sure got accustomed to them after my last round… Its really just a week of not lifting weights but it does give those muscles a much needed break. I think doing classic round 1 is the way to go too. I think unless a person is acclimated already to heavy concentrated weight work + cardio it is just too much… I tried a few days of “doubles” during my first classic round and it wiped me out.

تSandra X
Hope you’re having a BLAST! Miss you!!!

تWendy X
Don’t worry about checking in daily! My gosh I don’t know how you multi group check-in people do it! Congrats on getting thru a month of BBC! It would be tough indeed! Curious about how your legs responded to his Leg/Butt work compared to X?

تWendy
Hope you are OK!!!!! Just not the same on days you aren’t around! Hows the SuperMarket Diet going? – I couldn’t resist my urge to own every diet book out there so I picked up a copy- VERY DOABLE! It’s a great first step to eating clean!

تTracy X
LOL on DH & Upper body comment- I WISH I could see that kind of dramatic change! Really think its all the yoga eh? Gosh you work upper so consistently hard now I bet its hard to pin point the exact reason for the results. If ya want to lose some of that just send it my way! Very exciting news about your running ability too! I am so happy for you Trac- You’ve been a real champ thru it all.

تAmy
^5 on Legs & Back gains already! YES be careful of that knee- did you happen to see Cathe’s response in ASK CATHE about that last night? LOL on Squeeze Lower! I’m with ya girl- was sore all week last week! Very happy DH is feeling better… Its just got to be so frustrating for both of you.

تJeanette X
Hope newsletter went well and creative juices were flowing! Did DH get to come home a bit early? That Ribeye made me drool! I think I’ll make Surf & Turf for dinner tonight! YUM! Did you see Cathe’s May rotation? Looks like a great one as I love premixes! Will be posting that one for post X!

تTeddyGirl
LOL on the GS Cookies! You are much more disciplined than I am! Only 2? That would never calm my sugar monster once it had a little taste! Gosh I envy that ability. Hope rest day was good- if ya really took it!

تKatie
WHERES KATIE???????

تDebra
Hope Dream House is found and purchased!

Starting AFPA Practical Exam today as I finally completed the other 2 sections!!!! Hooray!

Will be back later to see everyone! :7

RECIPE BELOW:
This is nowhere near CLEAN but it sure looks like a great PMS recipe that has less damage factor attached to it!
Its from HungryGirl Daily Newsletter
Traci

Oreo Invasion
Oooooh, we're good. Not to brag, but we've come up with an Oreo cream pie SO guilt-free you could practically eat the entire thing for the same amount of calories as (and WAY less fat than) a single slice of those other CRAZY Oreo pies. We're not saying you should eat the whole thing, mind you (so don't bombard us with emails about that) -- one slice is all you need to kick your Oreo pie craving to the curb. Go for it, you little cookie fiend!

Ingredients:
4 packs 100 Calorie Packs Oreo Thin Crisps
3 cups light vanilla soymilk
1/2 a small (4-serving) pkg. JELL-O Sugar Free Fat Free Cook & Serve pudding mix; Vanilla
1 envelope unflavored Knox Gelatin
2 cups thawed Cool Whip Free
2 tbsp. sugar-free chocolate syrup

Directions:
Stir pudding mix into soymilk in a medium-large saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a full boil. In a large mixing bowl, combine soymilk mixture with gelatin and whisk continuously for at least 5 minutes (until gelatin is completely dissolved). Place dish in the fridge for about 45 - 60 minutes, until chilled and partially set. Meanwhile, take 1 and 1/2 packs of the cookies and process in a blender or food processor until reduced to fine crumbs (or place them in a sealable plastic bag and crush through the bag with a rolling pin; less clean up!). Place crumbs in a 9" pie dish, and use your hands to spread crumbs along the bottom to cover. Take remaining 1/2 pack of cookies along with 3rd pack and break into pieces; set aside. Once mixture in fridge is ready, stir in 1 and 1/2 cups of the Cool Whip (a wire whisk works wonders) until thoroughly mixed. Next gently stir cookie pieces into the mix. Carefully pour mixture into pie dish and spread evenly on top of crumbs. Return to fridge until set (3 hours or overnight). Once ready to serve, break 4th pack of cookies into small pieces. Sp read 1/2 cup Cool Whip over pie and sprinkle cookie pieces on top. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and prepare to get cookies 'n cream crazy! Serves 8!

Serving Size: 1 slice
Calories: 115
Fat: 1.75g
Sodium: 175mg
Carbs: 20.5g
Fiber: 0.5g
Sugars: 8.5g
Protein: 3.75g

* 2 Points

Morning Girls!

I figure I'd check in early while it was still a nice small group!;)

Tracy: Have fun with pull up/chin ups! I have started doing chin ups with some of my work outs every week since completing the X. I want to continue to be able to do them and love what they did for my back so I add them in to my routine once or twice a week. I am getting better slowly but surely! How do you incorporate them?

TraciX: LOL, I am a SAHM with a very good little boy who LOVES to sleep so when I want the time to hang out on the PC for a while I can usually get it!:) BBC Butt and Legs seems to be working well for me. It's endurance work like Tony's leg work out was so I'm not seeing any *CHANGES* in the shape of my legs per se but it's keeping 'em lean baby!}( YEAH! :7 It's one painful work out though! OUCHEES!}( :eek: }(

I had a run and yoga on tap for today but my calves are *SCREAMING* at me! That half of BBC cardio I did the other day really worked 'em and they haven't had the chance to recover yet so I have decided to give them the opportunity. :) I am going to throw the run on another day and make today yoga only day. :+

Alrighty folks...Have a great day!:)

Good morning,

No workout last night, instead shoe shopping, ended up with 8 pairs, I needed them and after that we went and got a pedicure, me and my sister hung out, big time. I tell you, my family knows I am a health nut. This is why its so hard to get me to go shopping with them, after shopping it always, let’s get something to eat. We went to Tony’s pizza I had one big slice,x( that was my dinner. Stepped on scale this morning, still holding it down, that made me happy. Well guys, stayed up late again :eek: watched Mission Impossible 3 It was good.

Workout tonight, GS legs (standing) + Butt & Guts leg blast. My favorite part of B&G I absolutely luv doing one legged squats, awesome workout. I’ll be back, check to see what I missed at work yesterday.

Teddygirl~

Morning ladies,

Today was supposed to be Imax2, but I subbed it with Gin Miller's Intense Moves, which I really, really enjoyed. I think that Gin is an excellent instructor and cuer and I liked her personality a lot. She shows lots of modifications on this one and I got a nice workout. The music is fine too, though I'm not really picky. (Thanks, Debra, for sending me this one)! If the weather is okay after work this afternoon, I may take an easy spin over to my folks house and visit my Grandma who is visiting. Got the newsletter done last night so that is crossed off the list. I planted a seed with DH that we need to take the woodstove out (hopefully Saturday if he's off). I told him I could help him then, but not Sunday as I have my out of town bike ride. DH doesn't like work things sprung on him, but has to get used to the idea. We've only been talking about it for the last 6 months, don't know how much lead time he needs.... Think it's a power thing. Whatever.

Traci, way to go on going lower for pushup work. I could pump out a bunch, but really didn't go low for them. I was always so focused on more and more, not necessarily more quality. The newsletter is done for another month now. Had to keep it fairly short this time, but will also be working on a calendar to mail out to the members hopefully sometime this month. I like to include all the local organized rides that folks can attend, plus our time trials and hill climbs. DH did get home earlier yesterday and BBQ'd himself a really tasty rib steak. Know he enjoyed it immensely. The oreo pie recipe looks really good too.

WendyX, enjoy your yoga today. Which one are you doing? I read somewhere that you didn't like Shiva. Darn. I'm waiting to hear about her new one. Think maybe Tracy ordered it. What did you do to your calves to get them so sore? Oh yeah, belated Happy Birthday to you! Hope it was a good one.

Teddygirl, you bought 8 pairs of shoes? Wow! I just found Zappos and ordered 3 pairs the other day (2 Skechers that I knew would probably fit and 1 pair of New Balance cross trainers). Also ordered a pair of sunglasses for cycling from there. They should arrive today. Got to get to the front door before DH LOL! I haven't seen MI3 yet. Don't think I even saw MI2. I need to check my Netflix queue to see if I have anything left on it. Little Miss Sunshine was funny in spots. It was out there. DH didn't like it and went to bed. Weirdness like that (Grandpa using heroin) bothers him. Good job at keeping the pizza at only 1 piece. Enjoy your leg workout today. Mine is tomorrow.

Jeanette

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph2/Wk5/Day2/Rnd2
Workout: PlyoX and maybe Kathy Smith LWTLW Leg Portion or KM Leg Conditioning Drills.

Well oldest DD didn't do well at the track meet. It turned out to be extremely cold, and no coach seems to have showed these kids how to warm up or prep for their runs. Because of her previous quad injury, her legs started out as popsicles and they turned wobbly. If some of you are runners you probably know what I am talking about. So she has another meet tonight at another school, and I gave her some tips on warming up so her legs are more prepaired. Hope it helps.

Jeanette, At the faire I do whatever needs to be done. :) Dance, sing and try to be the best Elizabethan I can. :D I had a lady come up to me and say that the reason she joined our group was because it looked like I was having so much fun. Now I hope she has just as much fun as I do every weekend. :D

Traci, I am also suprised about the results I have gotten so far. Little disappointed in not seeing anything in the thighs. But then my legs are those athletic kind, and it usually takes time for me to trim them down. I am doing cardio on my weight days and some type of leg work (without weights) on my cardio days. Yoga is the only workout I do on the Yoga day. I am finding that motivation this round is really high. It may be that I am able to mix in different workouts. What do you think of the sound of the new X workouts?

Wendy, How did you like the BBC's?

Tracy, I really am enjoying my doubles. When I get to the running I feel so good afterwards. I am lifting for endurance. Doing 12-15 reps. But when I go up in weight I only do as many as I can. And that my be 8-10 reps. Seems to be working for me so far.

Nicole, I'm no help with the Creatine either. I have a heart murmur, so I stay away from any type of supplements.

Have a great day everyone!

Laurie

Hi Gang!

I've briefly skimmed and it appears you're all moving along really well with your rotations. High Fives to the 30-day Xers who are seeing results! Inches lost here, there, and everywhere!! Don't worry about them being gone forever, though, because I'm storing them nicely for you on my hips, thighs and belly! There's lots of treats being had around here. :9 :9 I'm currently waiting for my pancake & sausage breakfast to fully digest before attempting some version of KickMax. Right now that Blast sounds absolutely dreadful, so I'm telling myself all I have to do is the warm up and combos, then I can quit if I want. I'm hoping that by time I get there I'll be feeling energetic enough to give it a go. We'll see.

Yesterday I did the add-on weight work on Cathe's Basic Step dvd: lower body, upper body, stability ball abs. I used the bands and I think it actually did some good. Then I did Eoin Finn's PY4H: Quickie. Near the end of my workout it was decided that Mom & I would bundle up the kids and go to Niagara Falls for the day, since Dad and DH were going golfing. It was a gorgeous, sunny day. We had a ball at the Falls. The kids were very impressed (the baby just kept saying "water! water! water!"). My favourite place was the Butterfly Conservatory. It's a greenhouse-like place that houses thousands of butterflies. As you're walking through they're fluttering around like mad. When we get home I'll maybe load some pics onto my picture trail. It was serene and beautiful.

Today's a hang-around-the-house kind of day. At some point we're going to drive into London and buy a garden-stone craft kit for Mom and DD#1 to do together, as my b-day gift for Mom. And I need to take fresh flowers to the grave of a my friend's mother, on her behalf. We're expecting a good old-fashioned Great Lakes effect thunderstorm this afternoon, and I'm most excited about that. I haven't heard a good boomer in years. I have great memories of sitting on the front porch as a child, with my parents and brother, watching the lightening and marvelling at the loud booms.

Okay, I've got to stop procrastinating and get this workout done. Have a great day, and I'll maybe be back later.

Cheers,
SandraX

Classic/Phase 1/Week 3/Day 6 Kenpo X/ maybe a touch of PowerStrike depending on how I feel

YOWZA, YOWZA, YOWZA!!! Oh, the back/abs/obliques are aching! The legs are a bit toasty as well, but the ab work from SQUEEZE got me yesterday!!! Holy moly! I just couldn't bring myself to do ARX again and I ended up with a little bit of workout ADD (I just could decide what I wanted to do extra...a little bit of Gay Gasper All infused step, a little bit of that and ended up with SQUEEZE). I did the stretching and the leg routines (OMG!!!) as well as the C ab routine!

I little disappointed with the scale, it says that I'm up 15 lbs, but my clothes are looser and all my co-workers say that I'm smaller, even from week to week! I KNOW that my atrocious eating the past week has NOT helped, but I know that I really haven't eaten that many calories to pack on 15 lbs! I am hoping that it's TTOM bloat, sodium/sugar/alcohol bloat as well as muscle swelling. Recovery week starts Thursday, so we'll see! Heck, it's the first of May, a new month, a new resolve to buckle down the eating!!!

My in-laws will be here in 10 days and I am super excited! I love it when they come to visit and we get along famously!

Laurie- I am sorry that your DD's coach didn't feel the need to teach them how to warm up! I would think that would be an integral part of coaching, especially in a cool climate! I hear you about the legs. That's where I need the "thinning" out is the thighs and hips! I love Faire's. We have one that comes every March, but I've only been able to attend once because of working on the weekends! My older DB and SIL also love them!

Well, coffee cup is empty, I need to find something to put in the stomach as well. I also need to hit the grocery store for some staples (like oatmeal).

TraciX- which Cathe response were you referring to?

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. Trying to play catch-up with life. I didn't do LB or ARX last night. I took an early rest day. I couldn't see working my back while it still had DOMS from BB thanks to Sandra's pull-up tip!! I did all my pull-ups with a slow 4 count down. I had back muscles that I didn't even know existed hurting!!! It's the one that runs next to the arm pit down. Phil calls it the Bruce Lee cobra back muscle. LOL

Well, the Supermarket Diet is good. Only that I'm not a breakfast person. Since eating breakfast and rediscovering cereal with lactose free milk, I've been a PIGGY!!! I think, in fact, I know I've actually gained weight. Today is going to be a semi-fast. No breakfast till lunch!

Traci-X: I didn't get a chance to wish you a safe trip before you left for the bay. You were greatly missed!!! Good for you pumping out additional push-ups with modifications! Will you be subbing Plyo today? I would LOVE to be able to see what my dcs' future held! That way, I can back off on the nonessentials. LOL I can not believe you bought the Supermarket book too!!! HA-HA You're so easily persuaded!!! :7 So, are you gonna try out some of the recipes or do the Bootcamp diet? Or, is it not clean enough for your palette? If you decide to do the Bootcamp diet, I'll do it with you. Maybe, that's what I need, someone to keep me accountable and in line. Now, HOW can one eat only ONE slice of oreo pie??????? Hmmm, thinking...A whole oreo pie is equal to 1 1/2 meals though. ;-)

Wendy-X: Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Hope your day was perfect!! Have you decided what you'll be doing once you're finished with BBC? Another X rotation? Cathe's May rotation?

Teddygirl: You are living my dream! 8 pairs of shoes! Heaven!!! I love the way heels makes my butt look like I do B&G regularly! You did buy heels, right? If not, get your B&G's behind back to that shoe store and pick out a pair!!!

Jeanette-X: Well, Phil has the same ailment. We'd been talking about getting rid of the piano for years. At 11:00 at night, I convinced him that it wouldn't take too long. I think the lack of sleep impaired his ability to think clearly. Hopefully, your dh will be smart and start the stove removal early in the morning. Good for you getting the newsletter finished. I used to have to write a report in the local mother's of twins monthly newsletter. Of course, I waited to the very last second to start writing! The mess I get myself into when I volunteer! NO MORE!

Laurie-X: You're such a good mother! Your dd should do better today with warming-up. I used to run track in middle school and the coaches thought wearing an extra layer of clothes was warming-up. I think these coaches were doing it for the extra money. They weren't necessarily runners themselves.

Amy: Don't you weigh yourself naked? Cuz a thong can add at least 2 pounds! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! ;-) Are you taking your measurements?

Sandra-X: I did not throw poo at anyone at the zoo. :7 I was too busy walking around in heels to notice any eye rolling. The lost pounds and inches that you're not holding, I've picked up too! I'm currently waiting for my middle of the night, 2 AM, chocolate chip waffles to digest. I love the butterfly conservatory at the Camden aquarium. It's so warm and humid in there. Reminds me of a steam bath. Enjoy the storm. I'm waiting for ours with less anticipation.

I'm caught up for the day. Have a great day to all the rest of you fabulous Xers!!! I might not be back later tonight. I have to drive out to Langhorn and pick up a solid maple butcher block table for dd's art teacher. I found one on Craigslist for $25. He should be kissing my non-pedicured toes for it too! Instead, dd is getting a couple of free classes in exchange. I might hold out for one more depending on how I'm feeling. LOL

Take care everyone!!!
Wendy

Wendy: Heels doll! That’s all I wear, today my butt is high :9 :9

Jeanette: I needed new shoes. I am not a person who prepare the night before what to wear next day. After morning workout and bath, I just open my closet and fine pants or skirt, open other closet for a top, my shoes kept me from wearing my outfits. I was lacking in that department I needed blues, reds, whites, and so on. I’m going to buy 5 more pairs and that’s it for the summer.

Tracie: I printed out your recipe, its great. I’m going to make it next week x(

Classic: Phase 1/ Week 3/ Day 2/ Round 1

Well today was PlyoX and it kicked my butt but I made it through knowing I won't have to do it for a little while:) I slept in until 6:00 because I cannot do cardio in a 922 sq. ft. house without waking everyone up. I am looking forward to S&A tomorrow at 5 a.m. sharp!

Traci-X- I'll jave to try going lower on my push-ups too and see if I feel the burn:) I am excited for my Recovery Week because I'm feeling like my legs are bulking up quickly and they need a good stretch. I know there are workouts out there that bulk you up then whittle you down. Is this one of those? By the way thanks for the yummy looking recipe!

Jeanette- How's the newsletter going? My blog is all the creative writing I get in and it takes time, so I know a newsletter has to be a bit of work. I'm glad you enjoyed Intense Moves. I use to do that one a lot and had fun with it. I really like interval training.

Laurie- Thanks for the input, I guess we'll see. I don't really know what I'm hoping to gain from it as I already have quite a bit of muscle mass.

Amy- Don't you hate scales? I can feel thin and awesome and everyone can say I look great then I get on a scale and it says I've gained and I'm depressed. It's amazing what a few numbers can do to your day! Just keep track of your body fat amount & measurements and I'm sure that's where you will see the change. I read Oxygen magazine and they say your physique is 85% what you eat and 15% exercise. To me this means you can bust your butt exercising but if your not eating right it really doesn't count for much. Bummer! I was hoping it would cancel out some of my indiscretions:)

SandraX- Sounds like you've been having fun, I'm jealous. I just started working out at 5 a.m. before the kids are awake and have been feeling sooo much better. It's easier to be motivated when you're by yourself for a little you time.

See you all tomorrow,

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Back from a day of errandizing that I didn't know needed to get done! DH needed to pick up a prescription at the Dr.s office and he wanted to take me to lunch. I stuck to my guns and we went to Ruby Tuesday. I had a huge salad from the salad bar with all veggies and the light balsamic vinagrette, a grilled bison burger without the bun and steamed broccoli. I figured that since bison is super lean that I would do better that route than with the turkey burger, because I highly doubt that the turkey burger is 100% white meat! Afterwards, it was off to the store where I like to get my protein drink. They are always super nice there and have an awesome selection of flavors. Oh, and they actually are helpful in finding what you want vs GNC that work off commission!!! I asked for a very tasty vanilla protein and the guy handed me one. I came home and immediately tried it....OMG it TOTALLY tastes like melted vanilla ice cream!!! NO funny protein shake taste!!!:9

Nicole- I know that the eating has so much to do with our weight and stuff, it's just depressing to see that scale! I haven't measured yet, either, and will wait until after recovery week.

Wendy- What was Sandra's pull up trick? I missed it! I don't have my pull-up bar installed yet, but is it a trick I could do with bands?

Oh, the guys at the sports nutrition store asked me where I work out and when I said, "Home" the owner was super impressed. It's nice to see someone open to the idea that, yes, you can get an awesome workout at home!

Hi ladies,

Had a good day today, got in an easy spin over to my parents house tonite. Tried to keep the cadence over 90 rpm. Felt good to spin out the legs. Found out that my mom did not bring Grandma home. Guess Grandma had a swelling in a leg and the doc said for her not to travel. She's 93 so don't want to risk anything.

Laurie, hope your DD did better on her meet today. Did she warm up well? Bet you have so much fun at the Faire!!! Wish I could be there. That's quite a compliment when people want to join because of the fun that you are having. So love seeing your costumes.

Amy, sorry about the scale, but if the clothes feel looser then that's what we are after, isn't it? I'm finally getting to where I'm not such a slave to the scale. Been one all my life. Finally getting over it (I hope). Good lunch today. I had buffalo ribs once and they were good. Nice that the shop owner noticed that you work out.

Sandra, sounds like you are having a good time. MMMmmmmm, pancakes, my favorite!!! Your day at Niagara Falls sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see the pictures! I love the thunder, but the lightning here usually causes forest or brush fires so I don't enjoy that part.

Wendy, glad you took a rest day. I'm thinking after this year, someone else can take the newsletter on. I really try hard to get it out on time and keep people connected. I now have a bike event calendar to get ready this month. Hope you really wrangle a good deal with your DD's art teacher. Hold out for what you want!

Teddygirl, I was hoping my new shoes would be here today, but UPS says tomorrow. Enjoy your new ones. I need to get some kind of storage system for mine.

Nicole, PlyoX is a butt kicker, isn't it? It never really got much easier, though I could land more cat-like.

Got to go,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.