X'ers...Tuesday Jan 9

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

I'm first again, but I think I'm probably on the earliest time zone anyways. It's plyox for me today and I can't wait. I'm really going to work on tightening my core throughout this one too.

Have a great day and I'm looking forward to hearing how everyone does today.

Tracy

Good Morning all

Classic/Phase2/week6/day 3

Well Tracy it looks like you and me again! I did Back & Biceps today. My favorite!

Talk to all later

Deb

Morning gang- Its back & Biceps for me as well! Ph 3/Wk 2/Day 3
Off for an early coffee with a girlfriend. Will catch up on yesterday & today personals later today. Have a great day all!:7

"Be X-like, not Exlax!" Chest and Back

Classic Hybrid/Ph1/Wk2/Day1

Chest and Back / Turbo Jam 20, ARX
HCE #3 (Interval Blasts Legs) sub for PlyoX
Shoulders Arms / LIC Cardio Timesaver, omit combo #4, ARX
Kenpo
Legs and Back, ARX
Outdoor Run (hopefully 4 miles)

My energy level is sky high, but I'm listening to Traci and carefully monitoring the extra cardio. But once again, I'm not pumping for size this go around so that I have the additional reserves for cardio/fat burning. Got my Turbo Jam kit as add on cardio. I'll give you my reviews as I try the workouts.

Today Chest and Back. Just an explosive upper body workout. Love it!

I have been doing round 1 of pulll ups with the band and round 2 with chair as assisted pull ups. I find the asisted pull ups so very hard. I can only do about 4-6 excellent form as assisted. I can see progress with the push ups. I am now holding plank as Toni talks thorugh the intro to each type of push up. Hubby and I shout our goals to each other and the group.

I am still modifying Dive Bombers by doing slow form starting from downward dog, swooping low across the floor and then my strength gives out. But I'll get there!

How are the rest of you doing with Dive Bombers and Military (tricep) push ups.

Monday was 100% clean eating, so 1 down and today to go!

Have an Xcellent day ladies...

X

Good morning!

X-I have problems with the Dive Bomber Pushups as well. I do the first part, then return to downward dog. Yesterday, I felt something 'snag' in my lower core/hip area on my first Dive Bomber, which is why I had to only do the first part.

Classic/Pahse 1/Week 2/Day 2
Plyometrics today. I concentrated more on a quiet landing and more explosive jumps. Heart rate was UP there!

Got my bands yesterday so I'll play with them today to see if I like them better than using a HIGh high step for assisted.

Sorry to be so quick.....headed to the busstop then the YMCA for laps.

Gayle

Hi Gayle,

"Laps", I assumne that is swimming. I also understand that you're a runner. Are you training for a Tri?

X

D/ph3/wk1/day3

Good Morning All,

Last night... Plyo X. Unlike the rest of you, my energy was lacking. I pulled my HR monitor out of retirement for this program, and its really odd for me to track my HR. Somedays I don't know if I'm in my THRZ (target heart rate zone) because I'm feeling yucky or because I'm really working hard. However, I do think I'm giving more to each workout because I know them all decently well by now. Tonight is some type of cardio (might try 20/25 minutes of Cathe step, it's been a while), shoulders and ??? (forget the name), and ARX. Wanted to get up early this morning and do Cardio X, but I just couldn't find the motivation, once again. I WILL learn to wake up in the morning and get my cardio in. Any suggestions from the peanut gallery on how to do this? You all seem like early risers and I really admire that.

Just some comments on yesterday's and today's posts:

Monica - I really like Cardio X too. I was also anxious when I read all the bad reviews, but I think if you couple it with weight work, it gives the necessary amount of cardio needed to properly warm-up and to get a little sweat going. I'm glad you liked it too.

X - I do Dive Bombers the same way the chick in the video does them. I don't go "under the fence, and back under the fence", I just go under the fence then push back into a modified downward dog, then back under the fence... and so on. They really get my HR up and I definitely don't look forward to them being the last exercise in round 2. As for militarys... pre-P90x these were impossible for me. Now that I've done the Yoga tape several times (I include the pushup in between each downward dog), these have become easier. I can actually pump out between 15 and 20 on my toes on a good day. Now, I'm saying that, but there's no really good way for me to check my form. So, I probably only do 10 with tip-top form. What's funny to me is that I can do these push-ups, but sphinx (I think that's what it's called) in Core Syn. is near impossible for me. I'm always over compensating with one arm and coming up crooked.

Gayle - I used to be a swimmer (competitive from the age of 6-17). Loved it! Wish I had a Y membership so I could get back into it. Enjoy that lovely water girl!

Have wonderful days today ladies! Maybe check in later.

Oh, one more question... I try my best to get at least 2 lt. of water in a day, but sometimes I'm just forcing myself to drink it. Is everyone else just really thirsty, or do you find yourself doing the same thing?

Morning X'rs,

Classic/Ph2/Week2/Day2

I am sore today from CST, felt I really didn't do my best last night. Guess I was wrong, I did increase some weights on exercises, and did more push-ups. I'm still a little lost on the one are push ups. Oh well try try again. After next week I will be happy to go back to Shoulders and Arms, Chest & Back. :D

I think the yoga has really helped me on the divebomers and military push-ups also. At least it has helped me get the form right. And I also do them exactly like the "girl";-) .

Today will be PlyoX for me.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning again!

Classic/Phase 2/Week 2/Day 2

PlyoX (the Mother!) for me today. Loved it and lots of energy and yelling by me. I can tell I'm getting better or feeling good when I have the energy to answer Tony. Also heard a comment I hadn't heard before about "don't smoke a cigarette", maybe during the lateral squat frog thingies. I'll have to pay better attention. Anyways, great workout. I didn't wear my HRM, just did the workout. My rock star hops were better and the tuck jumps too. I really tried to concentrate on landing softly. All I can say is that in so many of these DVD's in P90X, you are using your core. Love it!

My massage was great last night, then came home, ate dinner and helped DH on the Bowflex working back and then some bicep work and stability ball abs and planks. Trying to make a doable plan for him. Think he will try KenpoX with me on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it. That one is soooo easy to modify.

X, sounds like you've got a good plan there. My energy level wasn't as high during Phase 1 so I was reluctant to add much cardio, but this Phase is better. Dive Bombers is hard and I have to modify. Great job on the clean eating.

Gayle, the first time I did Dive Bombers, I popped something in my left knee. Too torquey a move for that knee I guess. I made a note on my list to be careful and I modify that one. There are a couple of moves that I watch out for.

DB, I've been drinking tons of water and forcing myself, but I know it's good for me and I don't have so much puffiness, which is worth the forcing part to me. If I wait until I'm thirsty, I'm probably somewhat dehydrated by then.

Laurie, enjoy PlyoX today. I'm going to get brave and at least try a one armed pushup on my toes. Otherwise, it's been all on my knees.

Jeanette

Good morning ladies!!!

Classic/ph2/wk2/day 5

Thanks to all of you who suggested Bryan Kest for yoga...I did one section yesterday and really enjoyed it...I always feel Tony is too hyped and a bit too competitive for yoga and enjoyed having more of a calming and energizing workout with Bryan! I did tack on yoga belly 7 to the end of my workout...and my obliques are sore today!

So today is legs and back...I definitely like the leg section of this workout. I still can't say I enjoy pull ups...but at least I'm trying!!

No time for a ton of personals today....just wanted to answer a few..

Jeanette..glad you enjoyed plyo today..and God Bless your husband's little heart for deciding to get in shape...I think it's great you are able to help him!

DB..I always struggle to get enough water...I just don't like it that much...even my DD says I should drink more!

X....I didn't be better at the dive bombers and the military until my third week...I think it just all clicked for me then...I could tell a big difference in my strength gains during that week..and I had learned the videos by then so I could concentrate on my form more instead of trying to keep up with what the "kids" were doing!

Hi to Laurie, Deb, Tracy, Gayle, Lea, Sandra, Stephanie, Monica, and Traci!!! And to anyone else I missed! Hope you all have a great day!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Classic/Phase 3/Week 2/Day 2

Hi X'ers! Did plyo X today, but had a really hard time with it because I started to feel kind of sickish last night. Is sickish even a word, probably not, oh well. But at least I did it. And I am going to do my back and bicep day on my yoga day and yoga x tomorrow since that is the least favorite of my DH and he won't be able to work out with me tomorrow.

I will try to get personals in later today, but may have a hard time since I have to clean the house today and tomorrow. My MIL will be in town Thursday through Monday, so I may just have time to check in and that is about it for a few days.

Good job bringing it everybody. Have an Xellent day!!

Lea

BTW, Debra I am so shocked that you are not eating totally clean and are posting in the Hedonist thread!! How dare you;-) !! LOL, to be honest, I had two beers yesterday too but made sure that they were the Ultra Light. So that is sort of healthy right?

Lea

Its catch up on personals time!

I will do my B&B + kick Timesaver later in afternoon as DH is going to a boat show tonight so I am a free woman!!!!

:7 Debra: Last weeks B&B I had forearm issues as well. For me I thnk its because my increase of weights the past few weeks so suddenly. I just rest & stretch a bit extra- using PAUSE of course! GREAT you like Kest! I only have 1 but he is a good one for sure! I just received 2 new Yoga/Pilates mixes yesterday so will be doing one of those tomorrow.

:7 LEA: Have you decided if you are going to do a full P90MS rotation yet? Just curious...have both Lean and Standard printed out. I'm thinking of doing standard but adding Cathe cardio 30 minutes a day. Your thoughts? LOL, my 2 good weeks starts today! Scale back down to 130 and can see me 41/2 pack! Hooray.....although must admit that mentally I still feel like "aliens" are here...VERY WEEPY for not 1 darn good reason. Sorry you're not feeling up to par today girl! Is it cuz MIL is coming???lol

:7 SANDRA: Thanks for pep talk along w/ logic! OMG- gaining 10 pounds from ETL? Glad I got off that wagon after 10 days! I guess some of us are just born to be carnivores! I am back to 2 nights fish, 2 nights chicken, 2 nite all vegan, 1 nite out. I always feel better with the variety. YEH on DH & P90! I bet he'll love it! Oh I envy those ab DOMS ! I get little ones but still see I have lots of room to improve in engaging the core in all workouts. I am happy you have a solid plan for academics... I do hope it doesnt take away from your "posting w/ the girls" time tho! I am soooo selfish! As far as mother of the year.... I was just talking with my girlfriend who has a 27 year old son at coffee today... We all managed to survive & thrive even tho none of our moms were the "Stepford Wife/Mom Model". You sound like such a wonderful mom from all I read that I do believe you need to put down those books that are making you think you are not. You are a wonderful role model and you deserve so much credit for all you do to be so every day. Shoot- If I were a teen I'd run away and you could adopt me! Do they let 44 year olds get adopted????

:7 DB: Yes I think the phase 3'ers are definitely starting to freak a bit! lol at all of us!!! I have always made a rotation & follwed it but my freakout is thinking that I want a rotation that will keep pushing me further in my fitness/BF goals. I can see that after P90X I will have no tolerance for working out just for the sake of working out... I am so focused on having a goal now and achieving it. I am making myself crazy tho trying to find the best rotation to reduce bodyfat. I just hear so many contradicting things.

:7 MONICA: Its really interesting about getting chest DOMS - Other than PUb I have never been able to have them... until all those dang pushups... not happy thinking that pushups are my best way to achieve stregth there! lol....

:7 TRACY: ^^^^5 on a working core! You've worked and focused very hard for that achievement- KUDOS. I agree about vegetarian lifestyle... I have complete respect for those who adopt it but I also see that everyones body is wired differently and we all have to honor what is right for our body. Hope PLYO was a killer today!

:7 BUFFY: Your workout yesterday ROCKED! When you're on - you are so ON! I dont actually love the L&B w/o but I LOVE the results! My butt is so high and small now- I am amazed- also that tough to get area butt/thigh connection is so worked with this one.

:7 JEANETTE: lol on massage story! Thats the worst part of massages...driving home. I had a lady that used to bring her table to my apt back in the day I had them regularly... ya know...single and had $$$ to blow! on my "pondering"... wont bore you w/ fdetails but I read very deep spiritual & philisophical works.... lots to ponder in ancient wisdom. LOL at cigarette comment... he cracks me up! So excited you were a Plyo Maniac today!

:7 DEB: Great way to crank out the early workout!!! You are rolling right along!

:7 X: I am so happy about your energy level! that means you are eating right for your body and getting enough calories to boot! Great job on how you've embraced your program from day 1... took me a week or 2 feel like I was in the flow. Awesome w/ pull ups! & Divebombers... I will probably always have to modify a bit...something just feels tweekie in my neck/back omn those so I dont push it... Militarys...I WANNA DO THEM SO BADLY! I can do 1 on toes but shake like I did 30!

:7 GAYLE: NICE job on getting HR up today! See if ya work it- it works! Great!!!!

:7 LAURIE: Enjoy PLYO and so happy you have DOMS! It really does help you feel better to know that even on days you dont think you pushed it- you obviously did!

Oh I hope I got everyone from yesterday afternoon and today thus far! I so love each & every post and want to take all day to read/digest all the wisdom and chuckles...
:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

Hi everybody! Hope you're all having a great day so far! I spent my time with the babies this morning for my baby fix (I babysit in the baby room for a mom's group on Tuesday mornings)! LOL

X----do NOT mention a triatholon! LOL EVER AGAIN! Everybody that knows me has asked me this question since they found out I've taken up swimming. I have to admit, I have thought about it. But not seriously. I just started swimming last week (taking private lessons on Thursdays) and I'll admit that my form and stuff is getting better. I am, however, still trying to master the breathing technique. I get winded so easily in the water and I'm not sure if it's my technique on the breathing or if it's just like everything else...that i have to build up my endurance to it? But, I'm really loving it and the workout is awesome. Thanks for asking, btw. So....when I'm all done mastering the pool, then maybe I'll move onto a bike! LOL

OK....gotta get some things done around the house!

Gayle

KEEP MOVING! YOU LADIES ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!

CL/PH2/WK2/Day2

Good morning everyone. Okay, I'm going to try to type a message. Baby has taken to insisting on sitting on my lap when I'm at the computer, and playing with her toys. If I try to move the keyboard close enough to type, she gets angry and pushes it out of the way. My 15month old is running my life. (sigh). She has finally gotten bored and gone to play somewhere else for a few minutes.

Okay. Interesting thing. What I thought yesterday was core DOMS from KenpoX with weighted gloves on Saturday may in fact have been a virus. I'm not sure. I was exposed to some people with a nasty flu bug last Friday. On Saturday I developed a very, very mild stuffy nose and sore throat. The throat is feeling better, but I still feel a touch of congestion. The pain in my stomach started when I was sleeping Sunday night, lasted all day Monday, and disappeared when I was sleeping Monday night. I feel absolutely fine today. When I started my workout yesterday I was going to skip or modify anything that hurt. Well, the only time my stomach hurt during the entire workout was in the high impact portion of the warm up: running, jumping jacks, running lunges. I did those very, very lightly, and they were still excruciating. I thought ARX would be out of the question, but didn't feel the pain at all during any of the moves. So, I'm pretty sure I wasn't feeling core DOMS, but had a bad stomach. Didn't affect my appetite, though. I was able to eat just fine, and had no nausea. Today I'm hungrier than usual, too. Has anyone ever experienced a stomach bug that only made your stomach hurt, and nothing else? Seems weird, in my book.

At dinner time I learned the hard way that I have a hole in my oven mitt. I took a metal tray out of a 450 degree oven, and burned the fleshy part at the base of my left thumb. Man, that hurts. It blistered immediately, about the size of a dime, and there's a tender area about the size of a silver dollar (or a looney, here in Canada). Of course, my first thought was, "how am I going to practice pull ups and do my bicep work on Wednesday?" I'll have to put a good dressing on it tomorrow, underneath my weight gloves. Hopefully that will work. And I'll pop an Advil before the workout :) A girl's gotta do.....

I did decently well with Ch-Sh-Tri yesterday. Went up in most of my weights (think I was feeling conservative the first week), and increased my reps in some versions of the push ups. I have trouble gauging the right weight for the tricep work. I find, for example, that if I use a 12lb db, I can do at least 12-15 reps. But I'm not doing the Lean rotation, so I want to max out closer to 8-10. But if I go up to 15lbs, my elbow joint feels too stressed. I find that workout, in general, really stresses my elbow joints. I suppose I should just play it safe and stick with the lighter weights, accepting that doing higher reps will give my triceps a nice toned look? Any thoughts? Okay, enough about me. Time for some personals!!

Tracy - I WISH I had a hard time getting enough calories! Yes, all those push ups are really planks in disguise, so they will do wonders for your core; and contracting/strengthening your core will do wonders for your push ups. If you can already do the Mason Twists (with a weight no less!), then I'd say your core is already in GREAT shape! Thanks for the words of support about making the thesis a priority. I think it would be easier to ignore the housework if we didn't keep having guests come over. Fortunately January is a slow time, socially, so hopefully I can take a page out of your book. What about your social life? Did you make time for your friends, or did you cut them off for a while? I have a very, very hard time telling my friends that I can't do something because I should be working. I believe that the joy and meaning in life comes from sharing time with other people. I also think my kids need to get more stimulation than being closeted in the house to play on their own while I try to get work done (be it academic or house work). This is a tension that I find very stressful to live with. How did you cope? How old were your children while you were writing? The best PlyoX move for working the core, IMO, are the tuck jumps. I always feel it when I do those!

Deb B - what do you mean "Week 6"? Do you mean you're two weeks into Phase 2 (6 weeks from the start)? Enjoy Back & Biceps!

Traci - sleeping in yesterday; going for early coffee with a girlfriend. I want to be "retired"! LOL! I kick DH out of bed for snoring sometimes, too. More often, though, I go sleep on the couch. Maybe you and DH need separate bedrooms? I once spent about a year sleeping on the futon couch in the living room, because I just got a better sleep that way. And so did DH, because he wasn't having me kicking him all night long. And there were many nights when he came thisclose to being smothered with a pillow. It was for the good of our marriage, and for his very survival. Over the years he's actually reduced his snoring significantly, so we're back in the same room. Some nights, though....LOL about adopting a 44 year old! I'm only 36, so how about we call ourselves siblings? I always wanted an older sister. Thanks so much for the kind words about mothering. DD was complaining about something at dinner the other night, and I told her she wasn't getting what she wanted because we were bad parents, and if she wanted to, we could have social services come in and they would find her a better family to live with. I said this in jest, of course, and she knew I was teasing. It made us all laugh, and she got over her little snit.

X - it sounds like you're enjoying P90X so far. Interesting week you have planned. Traci suggested a post-Xers check in a week or so ago. There were plenty of takers, so I think it will happen.

DB - I was dreading the monotony of doing ARX 30 times in 13 weeks, but half way through the program I'm finding the repetitiveness very beneficial to my core. Just when they start to soften up a bit, BAM! I hit them again. And the frequency is really helping me to cue into the sublties of the moves. CoreMax is a great dvd. I highly recommend it. I've been drinking lots of water for about 15 years now. After a while it just becomes second nature. One thing that is critical for me is to have a 16oz bottle of water next to my bed, and I drink it as soon as I sit up in the morning. I'm not particularly thirsty when I wake up, but there's something about loading up my system first off that helps me waken up better and clear my head. The abs in MM are about 10 mins long, and they're quite tough. I also recommend the whole workout. It's strength focused, and covers the whole body in 70 mins.

Laurie - I hope you enjoyed PlyoX today. I think you and I are on the same day of the program.

Gayle - you're a workout machine! I love that you get your kids involved, too. And yes, you could sub a coremax for arx, but like I said to DB above, I personally find the repetitiveness of arx beneficial. By the end of phase 3 I may have a different opinion! Regarding the swim breathing - just keep practicing. In this, repetition is critical. One day it will click. It's a different kind of breathing than with other activities; you have to exert constant control. Your lungs need time to condition to the change. It takes time, but once you've swum for a while using deep breathing, you come out of the water feeling like you just completed a deep yoga meditation. I love, love, love it.

Debra - I had the exact same experience as you did with BB and the burning forearms last week. We gonna be Popeyes when this is over!!

Lea - Yup, you're dead on about DD teething the other night. I found a top tooth starting to poke through the next day. She won't let me get a good look to see what all is going on in there, but there's probably at alot. She's 15 1/2 mths old, and this only her 3rd tooth. They're probably all lining up for launch at the same time. You may not have felt great during your w/o yesterday, but a done workout is still a done workout. "Just keep pushing play." You're still going good things.

Monica - I don't have time to add in a second workout a day, either. I would like to, but sometimes life just doesn't let us have everything we want, the way we want it. You're still doing extremely well to add in Cardio X a couple times a week. I agree the push ups work our chest superbly. I still miss doing good ol' flies and bench presses though. They're easier :p

Buffy - BG bonus abs are one of my favourites. Glad your shoulder is feeling better!

Jeanette - It's the Mother for me today, too. And I'm not feeling as energetic as you sound! Good for you!!!! I'd personally rather be doing a Cathe step cardio. Or napping. I'd always rather be napping. I'm motivating myself by telling myself that I can do the modified versions of the moves; I don't have to kill myself. But I know I will. Once the blood gets moving, I usually find the energy to bring it. It's all a mental game. And that workout moves by quickly. That's the best part of it :) I LOL'd at your "Driving while relaxed" story. Nice that the cop let you off! I had a woman drive through a stop sign and right into my vehicle....The day before we were to use that vehicle to move to a new home across the country. I can't say anything about that situation was relaxing :)

I managed to exceed my goals yesterday for my academic work. Amazing what can happen when you actually focus on something! I'm off to see if I can do some more of that good work. Not looking forward to doing PlyoX while the baby is eating her lunch (I hate interruptions during cardio workouts), but sometimes that's the compromise that has to be made. I'm still doing good things, right?

Have a great day,
Sandra

Just jumping back online to say that I can't get full today!! I'm STARVING! I've already eaten at least twice as much as I normally eat by 11:30 in a day. What's up with that? I'm trying to keep it clean, but I did slip a small chocolate covered biscuit in with my lunch (ww tortilla wrap with roast chicken, lf mayo, smidge of cranberry sauce, and steamed broccoli). I'm trying not to eat too much because I will probably be doing PlyoX fairly soon, and you don't want to do that on a full stomach. But dang, I'm hungry. Just had a glass of milk.

DD is not feeling well today. I finally soothed her to sleep for her morning nap, but it took 45 mins. Poor thing, she's definitely tired; something's bothering her too much to allow her to sleep (her stomach, maybe?). I imagine my workout will be quite late this afternoon, as I plan on doing it after her nap, while she eats.

Okay, so I'm in the middle of the P90X. Week 6 of 13. And I want to quit because I'm stressing about not being able to follow it exactly. I mean, what happens if DD is still feeling terrible when she wakes up, and needs my constant attention? Then when will I get the workout done? The next opportunity is right after the kids go to bed, which means 9pm. Which is my bedtime, and I'm usually exhausted by then. My perfectionism is dragging me down! And my eating is very good, but not perfect. What's the point of doing all this if the results won't show? It's not like doing a thousand push ups is how I prefer to spend my time!

I don't expect anyone to be able to answer these questions; just trying to impart the impossibly tiring and stressful thoughts that always seem to go through my brain. I probably need a good endorphin hit from a decent cardio session to reduce my stress. Argh. It's an endless circle...

I hope your brain is working better than mine is today.

Cheers,
Sandra

Sandra........I am sooooo sorry things are not going as planned... enough to make you really wanna punch something! I know you arent asking for advise but ya know I cant NOT put in my 2cents....
If you recall I am doing P95X..... There were days in Phase 1 & 2 that I just could not get it done.. I just picked it back up right where I left off and move forward... I never skipped a workout because I think its important to get all of them done since one plays off the other. Unless you miss more than 2 or 3 days in a row just jump back in and getter done!
Take care of family and if you feel up to it great if not just do it tomorrow or next day.... We're all here and most of us have had to alter along the way cuz life happens! hugs

Thank you for your reply, Traci. Sensible advice is always welcome!! I think the issue I'm trying to get at more explicitly is: How do you make P90X fit real life? 90 days is a long time for the typical person to go without having something come up in their life that requires them to change their schedule. But the BB people make it sound like (to me, anyways) that you MUST do A (the exercise, exactly as detailed), and B (the food, exactly as detailed), or you will not see results. I feel very pressured in that regard. Obviously I broke free of the food plan (but still feel uncomfortable about that), and now apparently am feeling boxed in by the exercise plan. It's crazy, isn't it? I'm far more dedicated to exercising than 90% of the population, yet still feel guilty about possibly missing a day.

DD is still sleeping, and I've been writing. I have to remember that this new "prioritizing" is actually allowing me to make progress with my thesis. I'm doing super well with that! Speaking of which, I'd best get back to it!

Sandra

Sandra,

As far as the workouts are concerned and managing life, thesis, and kids, family, friends, etc., I think its best to

Do your best and forget the rest......

Great job on prioritizing the thesis. You will feel so accomplished when you finally defend and get the dr. To answer your question, I gave up my social life and my kids are older so it was much easier for me except that I did work a full and part time job.

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.