Xers......Totally Tuesday.................

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

I never got back yesterday. Between work and Costco and the workout and dinner there just is no time. B&B went nicely and I increased either reps of weight on all exercises. I felt good, but I hate the pull ups in that one. Then I did some Shiva.

Today is cardio. Of course I'm not sure what yet, and some yoga.

Everyone have a great day.

Traci - I hear you on the cranberry juice. I've also heard that I think parsley tea works too as a diuretic?

Jeanette - I hear you with the barball. I have ours on a weight bench and can sit under it and then stand.

Laurie - More snow!? I guess you all are used to it!

Nicole - My DH is the same way. Once he's in a bad mood, sometimes it is impossible to do anything right.

Sandra - Sorry about the post. I know how frustrating that is.

Debra - Glad you had a nice time with CB.

Christiane - Enjoy your trip. Is that today?

Hi to everyone else, that's all my memory can churn up at this hour.

Tracy

Hi Tracy! & Good day to all who follow....

ttom is a bear this month...sat w/ heating pad all day yesterday at my desk.... usually day 3 I wake up fine but I tossed & turned all nite in pain & have popped drugs already today as I have AM & PM clients.

No workout yesterday but did get in a short jog w/ dogs late last night.....We'll have to see about today.... Ideally I'd like an AM workout & a mid day workout but that may be too idealistic - we'll see....

Did ya all see what I did????? I broke my rule that ALWAYS seems to get brokken during ttom! - I posted on the RIDICULOUS (imo;-)) STS "B&G on Crack thread" in STS..... Sorry gals but as most of you know I have a sister who has been addicted & is dying from effects of being a cocaine addict for over 40 years - If I am not offended in the slightest then WTF???? I think its HORRID how people police Cathe & each other these days! Makes me feel like we are living in old Russia! I'm appalled! Go live in a bubble with people who are & believe exactly as you do if you are that rigid..Dont get on the WORLD wide Web- DUH! ..Personally I like a little diversity in my life. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkk I'm on the soap box again!!!!!!! Let me jump down & get to Personals!

TRACY: I know parsley is a natural diuretic but I've never heard of Parsley Tea! I wonder what it tastes like? Congrats on the increases yesterday! Are you still good w/ X for a bit? Is it giving you want you want or are you doing it while the brain wheels turn for something else to do? ;-)

JEANETTE:
So glad you are feeling strong & happy! Interval work makes me feel that way(loooong AFTER its done of course!) ~ Oh man I have so many lumpy bumps w/ hard ttom this week! I am up 5 scale pounds in 2 days! Its all in the form of lumps & bumps! EEK!!!! I'm sure the extra padding is protecting our bodies from something that our ancestors needed protecting from...Maybe MEN! lol:7 ~~~~ What is it about all the fixer upper projects??? I wish I could spend a day as a man just so I could figure it all out! LOL

DEBRA:
YOU get cocky about studying? NEVER! I think you'll be just fine in this class! A real ego booster as you pursue more challenging courses...ENJOY the ride! :* :+ :+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ROFL! Here we go- DOMS 101: Some people get them some dont! :+ :+ :+ :+ Dont worry about it! - Also- some people get them but ONLY in some muscles & never in others... Go figure! :* ~~~~~ Oh gosh dont mention pedicure!!! I finally took off socks & actually "looked" today & was HORRIFIED!:eek: :eek: :eek:

NICOLE::
hmmmmmmmm will just say luv & hugs. Seems you are in a sometimes challenging marriage.... I'll keep my mouth shut & send good vibes!:* :* :* :*

CHRISTIANE:
Just a few hours til you can hug your DD!!!! GLAD you got your LowMax fix in as planned!!!!

WENDY:
WELCOME HOME TO THE WONDERFUL X-Team!!!!!!! We sure miss ya!!!!!!

TEDDYGIRL:
ROF - LUV how ya sneak in the "ted" weekend.....DO TELL! 72 hours ago he was an A-Hole!:+ :+ :+ Actally he was a homeless A-Hole if I recall!:+

SANDRA::+ Well "Lord Luv A Duck" right back at ya! :+ :+ :+ Its hangin w/ Tracy & Christaine's post from past week! ~ Hows your "funk" this week..You never talk about your life funk's although I know you get them- is that called maturity? If so- then what do you call me , who talks about ALL of them???? .Hoping your life is well & happy. :* :* :*

CAROL!!!!
Well there you are! returned just in time for Wendys return! Are you afraid of her lashings w/ a wet noodle? :D Glad you're OK! Welcome to Phase 3 ........ again! Its all good! :*

LAURIE:
I had to laugh as DH & I have been looking for the perfect metal work to go over our fireplace for 7 years!:7 ROF on our workout room projects.... I figure why get upset... Once they get hung I wont have anything to act superior about so hey- take your time! :+ Almost XXX= do ya afeel the glory? :+

Gotta run gals..... XXOO to anyone who posted today that I miss! :*

Ordered my 3 CEC Courses from AFPA yesterday…. I’m required to do 16 units per year – here’s what I chose based primarily on my target client base: Feel free to by-pass this if not interested…wont hurt my feelings- PROMISE!
I have a written test + practical application test at end of each as was the original PT Certification

Core-Ography:
Core-Ography reviews more than 30 total-body “core” exercises in the standing, sitting, and lying positions that are designed to enhance strength, balance, coordination, muscle control, and posture. The DVD explains how to optimize workouts with simple, yet challenging, functional exercises that focus on proper technique, execution, and form. Among the topics covered: overview/principles, warm-up, medicine-ball workout—part #1, body-bar workout, tubing workout, medicine-ball workout—part #2, body-bar/med-ball combination, lunges, and prone exercises.

Medicine Ball Rx:
Medicine Ball Rx: Plyometric Progressions presents an overview of a medicine ball training program that incorporates exercises and drills that can be performed individually or with a partner and are suitable for both group and personal training. The DVD features a hands-on training session that explains and demonstrates the critical body alignment, movement pattern, exercise progression, and curing techniques for each exercise. Among the topics covered: introduction/overview, warm-up, sequence #1, sequence #2, sequence #3, sequence #4, sequence #5, sequence #6, partner sequences, and core work.

Functional Exercise Training:
Functional Exercise Training explains and demonstrates exercise progressions for increasing the level of muscular strength and endurance for the primary muscles of the lower body, upper body, and torso. A progressive, functional exercise continuum for each of these key muscles is reviewed in detail. Features three separate video programs on one DVD: Lower- Body Functional Training; Upper-Body Functional Training; and Functional Abdominal and Lower Back Training.

Sounds interesting eh???? Should be receiving materials by end of week

Classic/ Week 12/ Day 2/ PlyoX (subbing and adding a leg workout)

Good morning,

I'm heading to the basement to do IMAX, original followed by Leaner Legs. I haven't done Imax in a very long time. It will be nice to visit an "old friend."

Traci....question about reps: with a workout like Leaner Legs, do you strive to hit that no-more-please! rep? I always thought with an endurance, hiiiiigh rep workout like LL, that wasn't the goal? Am I wrong? Should I be heavying up so I reach that point? That's a hard poundage to figure out with a high rep workout.

Tracy....Good morning. I'm guessing your cardio today will either be running, or one of Amy's. The Land of Lost Posts must be getting crowded these days.

BBL for more chat. Have a great day!
Sandra

Good morning!! I am heading out to the germ infested cesspool with the little urchins this morning. So...just a quick hello in case I don't make it back because of some sort of sudden illness...LOL! I will either do cardio or yoga today, depending on how I am feeling this afternoon. I must study for my test today...and I really need to continue working on the darn laundry.

personals......

Traci...
Thanks for the quick explanation on the DOMS and what you were talking to Jeanette about. I read your post on the STS...it wasn't bad...I try not to wander around anywhere but here...I was on OD the other day, but no drama thank goodness!

Jeanette...
I am with you on the all over sagginess...Just another joy of getting older, I guess! I would only do an Ironman if one of the eves was napping!!

Tracy...
Glad you are seeing increases with BB. Have fun with your cardio of choice today!

Okay...gotta run...wish me luck!!!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

SANDRA::
Its my understanding that even w/ endurance workouts your final few reps should indeed be to total fatigue....
The "endurance" benefit comes from the actual 'total reps to fatigue' (ie: 15-20 or 32 or whatever...) - Think of it this way...

Lets say you're doing endurance focused work... the goal is to "teach the muscle to go for the long haul before fatiguing", right?

So if you crank out 65 reps and your muscles are still capable to go on for many more then all you've done is chosen a weight too light for any good at all vs "trained the muscle" to do anything.....Its like saying - "OK- my baby weighs 20#s & I carry her around all day-" what good is lifting at 20# max with weights? Your body doesnt have to "work" at all to do what it already can do.

I think of it like a marathon runner..... If training for a marathon & you can do a 12 mile run 4x a week without it so much as making you a bit winded then those "missing" 14.2 miles may or may not be doable for your legs & heart...You'll never know if you have the strength/stamina to make it unless you/ve had to actually push it to get there (or really close to it) in training.

My understanding is that ALL types of strength trainings are designed to get you to total fatigue-
It IS very hard to determine what weight to select in endurance work (for me at least) I usually am too heavy to complete reps or I am too light to do the muscle any good..
.. I think thats a benefit to previewing (& counting) - (which I dont BTW) the weight workouts (cathe/endurance) DVDs - at least you know what to shoot for & you can adjust in future workouts. - does that make sense at all? :+

ETA:::::
The training without pushing to fatigue the muscle is what I would refer to as "Maintenance" Lifting..... Lifting (or cardio-ing) what you have always done.... reps/speed/distance/ etc.....

Good morning gang. No workout yesterday and probably not today. My back is just not doing so well. I think I will make an appointment with the chiro today. I worked a convention last weekend and made the silly mistake of wearing boots with heels. Not the smartest of choices and I am paying for it dearly. Maybe I will be better a little later and will be able to do some yoga. Hopefully.

Traci - You are right about the thread in STS. Obviously that lady is going through a difficult time though. I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I hope that your pain in the ttom goes away.

Sandra - Thank you for the explanation.

Tracy - Good morning. Have a great workout today.

Debra - That laundry never ends does it?

Time to go make the morning chocolate milk for the kids. Talk to you all later.

Lea

Slow & Heavy/week 3/day2 2
Workout: cardio coach #5 & PUB

Good morning,

How is everyone? I’m good. It is rainy cats and dogs. I hate driving the freeway when it’s raining, thank God I made it. I tell ya I rather drive in the snow. Any who, me :+ had a fantastic workout this morning, my arms are still shaking. As far as CC goes, I really pushed myself this morn, uphill’s downhill’s fast sprints, I tell ya I done good. The only thing I didn’t finish was abs I will do them tonight. I will check back later, MAYBE!!! :D :+

Tracie: ROF:D chit chat later

Good morning,
Today's workout called for MIC but it's not my favorite (flight of the bumblebee) so I did 30 minutes of the hi-lo, then switched to Amy Bento' Hi-Lo Dome, doing 2 combos and 1 blast. Have to take the pickup in after work today for some work. Minor stuff, but always a bit of a pain, switching vehicles, arranging for pickup, etc. What a whiner, huh?

Tracy, what phase of P90X are you in now? Or are you freestyling it? I need to make a list of things to get at Costco. I've been enjoying blueberries but they are so darned expensive. Bet they've got frozen ones there. I think I'll try going a bit heavier on the barbell work next leg workout. My elbow is doing really well, though I still feel the tightness. Not sure if that will go away or not. What a wimpy muscle/ligament or whatever it was that I injured. I read of people that injured theirs a long time ago and it still bothers them.

Traci, so sorry about a tough TTOM for you. All my sympathies and (((hugs too))). Hope it eases up for you today. Yep, must be fluid just filling up those fat cells in the legs. I'm just blessed. My mother has the worst jiggly skin on her thighs. I can remember staring at it when I was a little girl and she wasn't heavy then. Mine's nothing like hers so I should be thankful. LOL re: the padding protecting us from men! The new courses sound interesting. Keep us posted. How is your Mrs. Claus doing? Is she enjoying the workouts?

Debra, I picture this green, bubbling, stagnant pool of water that everyone is in. Ugh! Hope they dumped a bunch of chlorine in it. I got most of my laundry done yesterday but need to get the kitchen cleaned up tonite.

Sandra, I thought about doing an Imax today, but thought I should do a hi-lo. I really love step and have to tell myself to do something else. Tomorrow will be some kickboxing I think. I'm not a big fan of KB so will try to make it interesting for myself. Are Amy's KB workouts fun? I like her hi-lo so would I like her KB?

Lea, so sorry about the back. Hope the chiro can get you some relief.

Latrese, great workout for you! I love CC#5 too. I can't wait to be able to do those on my bike outside. I feel so accomplished when I finish. I also hate driving in rain, especially at night. I have a hard time seeing at night, so with rain only makes it worse. I drive like a little old lady then.

Better go get in the shower,

Jeanette

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 3/Week 9/Day 6
Workout: KenpoX

No snow yet, guess I had my days mixed up. We are suppose to be getting the white death later today. :D This morning was a slippery walk. Almost landed on my behind a couple of times. x( Worked better for me to walk in the snowbank vs. the street. ;-)

Tracy, What you don't like the corn cob pull-up!!! :D I find the girl in that workout to be to happy. :D Yes more snow for us, if the weather pattern stays the way it's suppose to. :7 :7 I'm hoping the pattern changes, and we don't get the snow.

Traci, I did see your post on the crack post. It wasn't on the OD, so all is good. Going to have to find something that offends me.:D :D Guess I can't use speed or crack anymore in jokes. x( I think that your courses do look great! The Core-Ography sounds interesting. I'm feeling something, but don't know if it is the glory. :D Can't wait until I'm saying "this is the last time I will be doing _____ workout! :)

Debra, Don't forget your mask. You know I must warn you every time you go into the germ infested building!! :D Had to LOL about the one napping eye! That is a good one. DD has also started to practice for their recital. She is actually one of the group leaders. So this means that she is one of the first dancers out on stage.

Sandra (Cathe Cat), Have fun with your old friend Imax. That has to be my favorite Imax. Except for the warm-up. It just is way to long. I still have that one on VHS. You are following that with LL! Are you planning on walking up from that basement! Get really low in those gazillion power lunges. :D

Lea, Sorry to hear about your back! Dang good looking boots! ;-) They have to be a good looking pair of boots right!

TG, Glad you made it into work, but dang on the drive in. I'm guessing my drive in tomorrow will be slow going. Sounds like your CC workout was a good one.

Jeanette, Oh I'm with you on the MIC. It is great for endurance, but dang if that Hi/Lo isn't a killer. And Cathe makes those kicks look so dang easy. She is hardly breathing heavy at all, while I'm just trying to get my leg in the air. :D Warmer weather is always good, and I hope that happens so you can get out on that bike.

Carol, Glad your un-plugged weekend was a goodie. Have fun with Phase 3, you are now on the home stretch! Yippee on the ankle!

Christiane, I really like the P90X strength portion of the workouts. I like the way they sequence, and it fits with the way I like to lift. I'm still in shock at how I have become a push-up junkie (oh, can I say junkie!!). Now with my perfect push-ups I'm really having to work hard on them. :D

Nicole, Take care we understand. I'm still sticking to PMS for men!!!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hello!

With my Monday Madness housework, I never made it back yesterday. I'll try to catch up today.

I was really pleased with my workout. I've come a long way since I first used these workouts, 5 years ago.

As I typed into the void yesterday, I've started working on my thesis in the afternoons, which means I have to use my mornings to get my chores done. Ergo, I have less time to play online. That whole brevity thing I mentioned a while ago needs to come into play for the next few weeks. How am I doing so far? :p I have a babysitter coming over for 3 hours in the afternoons, to keep DD amused. I'm not thrilled about this new situation, but am *forcing* myself to go through with it. Poor DH got the brunt of my anxiety on Monday, when he came home from a work "convention" in Las Vegas.

Traci....Thanks for the muscle fatigue discussion. Now that we're talking about this, I do recall Cathe saying during the bicep portion of Power Hour that if you felt like you could go longer, you need to up your weight. I just have such a hard time understanding whether I could go heavier with endurance work. Yes, I could pump out a few more reps of that bicep work, for example, but to do the whole thing with a heavier barbell? That seems like too much. You'll be happy to know that our discussion encouraged me to go with heavier weights in LL today. I've known for a while that I wasn't going heavy enough with that one. I think I could go heavier still, but I worry during the squats, for example, that my lower back or hip won't take it. If your form starts to slip during squats you can do yourself some damage. Or am I just looking for an excuse? Oh my word, you're really struggling with TTOM!! Are you trying to adjust your bio-identical hormone therapy? (that's what you call it, isn't it?). Those CEC courses sound super interesting. I love medicine ball play.

Tracy....You don't like the pull ups in BB? How come? Personally I find them harder than CST because of the corresponding bicep recruitment. And there's a couple that seem to be in there more for the dazzle effect than because they'll do any real good (the towels, and the one where you move to the right, left, back to centre, etc). You increased your weights today; does that mean you've hit some personal highs for bicep work?

Debra....Have fun at the pool today! And happy studying! Good luck!

Lea....You're welcome for the explanation. I can't remember what I explained, but I'm glad I helped! :) Oooh, look after that back. I have a feeling the chocolate milk you give your kids is not the same as I give mine LOL!

Teddygirl....Excellent workout! It's wonderful to see you smiling again.

Jeanette....You did the first 30 mins of MIC, THEN switched workouts? LMAO! The hi/lo is the part I like the least. I don't mind the step portion, and the blast at the end is one of my favourite cardio segments of Cathe's. I'm with you on step being my first-love, and having to make a concerted effort to do other stuff. It took me years to get comfortable with kickboxing. If you like Amy's hi/lo, then you'd like her Kickbox Extreme. Do you like Cathe's Cardio Kicks? Amy's kickboxing is similar in that it emphasizes the hi/lo cardio over the kickboxing moves.

Christiane....Will you be able to keep up with P90X when you're at DD's, or are you putting it on pause until you get back? Will we hear from you while you're there? Even if there's nothing you can do for her, it's just nicer being there, isn't it?

Nicole, Wendy, Carol, Swift Amy, Laurie, anyone else I missed, Have a great day and a great workout!

Sandra (CatheCat)

Sandra - LOL. No, I don't force my stuff on the kids. They get the good ol Nesquick with good old fashioned milk:p .

Lea

Hi all,

Just a quick check in.

On endurance work, I think it's hard to train to failure because of lactic acid build up, if you are training in such a fashion as ME with multiple exercises and little to no break. If you are just training in the 12-15 range with breaks, then it is easier.

Lea - I still can't wear heels:(

Tracy

Evening ladies...
Today was Day 4, Week 4, Phase 2: StretchX and it's done.
I am feeling a bit of lower back pain today, so XStretch was what I needed. Also did CleanMax before I leave for the US. Now the house is all nice and clean for when DH comes back from Paris on Friday.

Nicole~~ ((((HUGS)))) to you. I hope DH settles down, whatever is bothering him. Don't you hate it when there's not much you can do. Hope it all comes back to normal. ;-)

Jeanette~~ You silly... you made me laugh with your Discovery channel vs. porn watching...lol:+ Mine flips channels like there's no tomorrow or watches movies that we've seen 5 times. He says I'm too predictable, which I am; I always watch those criminal shows: CSI, NCIS, Law & Order..., but at least I watch the whole thing and if I've seen it I change...lol}( I will be in the US until February 26th so for a little more than 2 weeks. And by the way, you're not a whiner, you're right it's just APITA...:p

Debra~~ I am indeed looking forward to see and hug DD. Have a great w/o whatever you decide. Happy studying and laundry...:7

Tracy~~ It seems you had a great w/o yesterday with B&B. I like that one too. My flight is on Thurday at 6:30AM... YUK...}(

TraciX~~ So sorry you are in pain. I hope you feel better otherwise it won't be easy with the clients. WOW... After reading your comments about STS I had of course to go see what you were talking about. I agree with you that this "politically correctness" is being carried wayyyyyyy to far. One cannot say anything anymore without offending someone and some people get offended for nothing.x( As for your classes they seem very interesting.

Sandra~~ I don't have IMAX but from what I've read about it I am sure it's a solid sub for Plyox. It seems like you have to look for things to fill in your days... you'll be a busy bee. As for my w/o while in Pittsburgh, I will keep up with them. DD trains herself even on weekends, so we'll be going to the gym together and I have downloaded my w/o on my I-Pod. She also took a week pass in a local gym so I can go while she is at work.

Lea~~ My dear friend...I hope your back feels better, it will always be an issue or a weak spot for you...I know... I have good days, not so good days and bad days. You just have to listen to your body. Take care;-)

Teddygirl~~ Well it's raining mice and cats here. Didn't stop all day. DH was driving to Paris today and said it was bad.

Laurie~~ I also like the sequence of P90X for strenght. I remember before buying the program that I posted a comment about maybe doing a P90X "like" rotation using Cathe's w/o and one of you (I think it was TraciX) said that there really was no substitute for the program, and that your outlook on exercises would change afterwards. How true... DH is the one that made the biggest change. He was w/o every day but ALWAYS doing the same exercises, same sequence, same routine and wondering why he was not making any improvements. Now he's all excited about the + and is looking forward to create his new routine post P90X.

Well it's all for now. I might peak in later. :D

Upper Body X+

Hey girls,

Still a tough day around here. I am starting to feel like I can't do anything right. I'm glad I can still get my workouts in but everything else is tough when you're distracted.

Thanks all for the hugs and support. It really means a lot. I am so not this way. I do not let things get to me but this time I am too tired to battle it again. Something has to change for this to work and I don't know if DH is willing to put in the extra effort. I guess time will tell.

On top of troubles with DH my aunt is in the hospital with two blocked arteries. She is only 53 and very active but stress has gotten the best of her. They put two stints in last night and they will determine in the next few weeks if they will have to do bypass surgery or not.

Traci, I hope TTOM goes away fast and leaves you a happy, whole woman:) I know you'll grin and bear it through with your clients. I'm glad your business is starting to blossom!

Tracy, Glad you are noticing strength gains with P90X. I need to squeeze more yoga in like you to lengthen things out. I think this + phase is going to kill my lats! I am a talker, DH is not, there in lies the problem.

Debra, Good luck on your test and steer clear of the germs:) I'm sorry XDH is being such a jerk right now. It will come to an end one day and you'll be a better woman for it. I know you'll take the high road and it will show when it gets to the end.

Sandra, I'm scared to post at length now thinking it will disappear into thin air:p I see you're having to buckle down and trudge on to the finish of this thesis. Are you going to have a big party when it's done? Maybe you could go to a "convention" in Vegas:)

Lea, Sorry your back is giving you trouble:( Mine has been good lately so I'll make sure not to stand too long in heels:)

Latrese, It sounds like you are back on track! How does it feel to have your me time back?

Jeanette, I get so jealous knowing you are posting in comfort while I'm stuck in a hard chair at a desk:) Glad you enjoyed your workout today. These straight 8's have really freed up your mornings and afternoons, huh?

Laurie, Oh boy, it sounds coooold! Be careful not to fall on your bum like Debra has been known to do;) We had freezing temps last night and the boys were so excited to see ice in their bucket of water. I on the other hand, was not excited to see it all over my car:p I had to pry the door open. I'll have to park in the carport tonight.

Christiane, Are you leaving good weather to come visit the cold? How long will you be here for? How is the German coming? Thanks for the hugs, I really need them right now.

I'm off to get ready as DS has a basketball game to day. Only 3 more and we're done with bball for the year:D

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Nicole - ((((HUGS))) I hope things change for the better for you and very soon. I am very sorry that you are going through such a rough time. I am also sorry to hear about your aunt. Take care.

Lea

Lea....You actually have Nesquick in your house? Do you have it in its own cupboard, so the healthy food doesn't beat it up and throw it out? :)

Tracy....That's what I always thought with respect to that really high rep kind of work. It's a different kind of "failure" feeling than when lifting heavy with fewer reps. More like the burn is so bad that you can't stand it anymore, versus being unable to physically lift the weight again.

Christiane....Sounds like you've got everything under control. Have you always been physically active? How long ago did you start using Cathe's workouts?

Nicole....I hope you and DH get through whatever's going on. Or find some kind of solution, anyway. I wish your aunt the best. The older I get, the younger 53 seems to be! When I finish the thesis we're going to spend a few days in Lake Louise in the luxurious CP hotel. That's been my plan for years, and I'm sticking to it!

Jeanette....You'll be posting your evening post soon. Hello!!

DH is playing on the Teletubbies website with the toddler, the 7 year old is singing along to High School Musical on the Wii, and I'm sitting on the couch chatting with you all on the lap top. What did people do back in the day??

Cheers,
Sandra

Okay...finally back....I don't know what I was thinking, but when I checked my calendar I realized I had MM upper on tap...so I did that plus one segment of StretchMax. Feeling good...I can already tell that my endurance is getting better with the weight work....I am not having to take nearly as many breaks....LOL! The urchins did well at the pool today...and hopefully no major germs were exchanged. I spent some time studying this evening in case we have a test tomorrow in class.

personals....

Traci....
I like all the topics you picked from AFPA....especially the core and functional fitness ones. How much studying time are you anticipating once they arrive? Step away from your feet...or just put socks back on...LOL! I must have frequent pedis because I am barefoot most of the time in my house and it bugs me to see how bad my feet look. And I am apparently incapable of painting my own toenails. I have these little mini nails and I always make a huge mess! I was actually surprised that I didn't have DOMS from doing LG yesterday...We'll see how I feel tomorrow after MM! I have the same problem of determining which weights are enough but not too much to create muscle fatigue. Of course, it is easier when you have done a workout many times.....it is easier to judge, I guess. I am sure I should make more notes than I do when working out. Please send some ttom month vibes up here so that I will go ahead and start!

Sandra....
Look at you go with Imax and LL....are you crazy??? Isn't it nice to see that progress over the years...I certainly understand that feeling of accomplishment. Sorry about the less play time online...but it is wonderful that you are working so hard on your dissertation. How are you feeling about having someone there to help with DD for a few hours? At least you are right there if anyone needs you. I forgot about DH's 'convention'....LOL! Did he have a good time?? I don't think that you are making up excuses when you are concerned about going to heavy with squats and the like...Unless you have a rack, I am sure it is very easy to hurt yourself. And no one wants to see you on the IL! Sounds like you are having an enjoyable hi-tech evening with the family!!

Lea...
Crazy woman!! Never wear heels when you have to stand for a long time!!! LOL! I love to wear heels since I am a shorty, but I wear lots of clog-like shoes which raises me up without the stress on my back. Keep safe and I hope the chiro appt. goes well. That darn laundry....I can never seem to catch up...and it is only the 2 of us!!! What would I do if I had a whole house full???

Jeanette......
Hope the truck exchange went well today! The pool was clean and shiny...with lots of chlorine, but the temperatures in there were enough to breed all kinds of bacteria! Still working on the laundry here. I will clean your kitchen if you will do my laundry. LOL about DH and the porn...I guess things could always be worse!!!

Laurie...
I remember those days of the slippery walks with the pooch. That's great that DD is a group leader in her dance class! You must be seeing the finish line now with the X!! Now, how many is this for you....3??? Way to go!!

Christiane...
Nice of you to leave a clean house for DH. I am glad you enjoyed StretchX...That was never one of my favorites....waaaaaay too long for me...I'd rather do yoga instead. Have a great time with DD while you are in the States...Am I right that she is in Pennsylvania...or will you guys be meeting in Michigan? My XDH used to flip channels like crazy and it completely drove me mad!!!

Nicole....
More {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} coming your way. I wish there was more that I could say or do for you. Just know that I completely empathize with your situation. I hope that things get better for you soon. I am sure all will be fine with your aunt....it sounds like they have caught it in time to fix everything. My uncle had quadruple bypass a few years ago and he is still doing wonderful....riding his bike everyday....He will be 80 this year! I have been trying to take the high road when it comes to XDH...but sometimes, I really just want to be a bi**h! Keeping myself on an even keel for now.....at least until we agree on a separation agreement!

All right ladies....Have a great evening! I have loads of errands to do tomorrow after my class...so I will check in later in the day again...

Kisses to all!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Good evening,
Hope everyone had a good day today. Even got out for a little walk during my break at work. Felt good to stretch the legs and listen to my tunes. "I've been to the desert on a horse with no name, felt good to be out in the rain.." Also talked to DS's GF tonite. We have a massage/facial scheduled for a week from Friday. I requested and got the day off from work already. Something nice to look forward to and the start of a 4 day weekend.

Laurie, did you get the big snowstorm? Be careful on ice. We had a guy fall at work yesterday and really did a number on his kneecap. They are saying he'll be off work for up to 6 months. That MIC is quite the workout. Poor Cedie was bouncing around like crazy in that one. Wonder if she looks at that workout now and says "Ouch!"

Sandra, I actually like the hi-lo part of MIC, but only up until the Irish jig music starts. Cathe doesn't even seem to get winded in this one. I enjoyed my workout more once I switched to Amy. I like the variety and direction changes that Amy has. Now I'll have to check out one of her kickboxing clips. Hope you can get in the groove of working on your thesis. You girls all put me to shame with your schooling. I'm so in the groove of just working, home and fun stuff. Oh yeah, I did do the dishes tonite. Heck, I can't even get a book read. Lake Louise sounds wonderful! Can you taste the finish yet, or are you still a ways away? I remember when having an answering machine was high tech.

Christiane, sorry about the lower back pain. I like StretchX. Another good stretch is the one called Cool It Off from the Slim Series set. So your DH is a channel flipper? My Dad is terrible about it. Plus, he is hard of hearing so the TV is cranked up loud all the time. My poor Mom has to retire to her own little room so she can hear herself think. Dad has hearing aids but doesn't wear them, like so many others. Then when the commercials come on and he talks to you, you have to yell to him to turn down theTV so you don't have to yell to communicate. Oh, it's comical, unless you have to live with it. Only a couple more days and you can be with your DD. Know it will be a huge comfort to her.

Nicole, big hugs to you. Hope things get better soon. My DH has his grumpy times but they are few and far between, thank goodness. Hang in there. Maybe you should get the Gingerbread House out so it will remind him of the good times you two had making it. Maybe this weather is putting him in a funk. I know I'm ready for sunshine. Had some today and it's probably the first time in a few weeks that I've gotten to get out and walk. Felt so darned good. This weekend is supposed to be near 50 degrees so a bike ride should be in order for Sunday. Yes, I'm really enjoying the straight 8's. Gives me a little more time in the morning and more time in the evenings. I'm thinking that if the temps warm up, I'll be able to get in a short bike ride after work. There's getting to be enough daylight for about an hour ride. Makes me very happy. Hope DS won his basketball game today! Hope your aunt is recovering from her stint surgery. Hoping she doesn't have to have bypass surgery.

Debra, glad the pool wasn't too septic today. Okay, you are on. I don't mind doing laundry at all, but really get tired of doing dishes. The truck exchange went just fine. I drove in straight from work and DH drove the truck in. Think he arrived just before I did. Hopefully, it will all be ready tomorrow. Some recall work and the switch replaced that locks the doors. I have Garage Boys right after work tomorrow so will have to hustle to change my clothes, pay for the truck repair and get to the GB's in time. I love a challenge!

Wendy, are you back yet?

Got to go, see you all in the morning,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.