Xers.....Thursday again..............

Hi all,

Today is my rest day because I have class tonight.

Nicole - Glad you are feeling better. I previewed most of Total Body + and it looks hard, but also that it could be tough on the back.

Sandra - Great news on the thesis! Dr. Sandra is just around the corner!

Jeanette - The Dome Challenge is a different way to work the core isn't it? Diane Sue was using it quite a bit. I was trying for once a week, but I missed this week and did some of her other core work. Amy does have nice sleek abs. I prefer that over the look where the r.abdominus is prominent.

Kim - Maybe you are holding some water. I've been eating like crazy after the weight work. Hang in there, it's the end result, not necessarily the in between.

Christiane - We all have bad eating days. Just forget it! Let us know when you are ready for some push up alternatives, I'm sure we can come up with some creative moves.

Traci - I almost ordered the pull up bar and then decided I'd just have DS make me one. He loves to weld and so it will be a perfect project for him to do. Slo Mo core is good isn't it? All pump core is good too. I'm going to have to work on my form though, and my arms were so tired from the upper work that they were affecting my form. There just is not enough time.

Laurie - Glad the morning workouts are working for you. I sometimes feel bad in the afternoon if everyone is home and I'm working out, but it is so rare that I just don't worry about it anymore. It does limit what I do after work though.

Wendy - Glad you are looking so good! I am not sure what I'd look like if I quite working out. I guess I won't find out because that's not going to happen.

Swifty - Glad to see you pop in. Remember perseverance is key. All my money goes to food too. It's a little depressing. I went to Costco on Monday and a few things was over 200$. We don't even eat extravagently.

Hi Carol and Lea, sorry but I'm out of time.

Tracy

Good Morning Tracy & all who follow!

ttom started last night just 2 days early so thats OK- I'm ready to get rid of the bloat;-)

Lean: Phase 2: Week 2: Day: YogaX
doing GS Legs Timesaver, a CC2 run on the flat road, Pure & Simple yoga w/ Eoin:7 That sounds like well rounded day!

TRACY: I am going between Slo Mo Core & APX Core until X finishes ... I also add in a Core Cardio of some sorts for my 3rd day...ARX just doesnt do it for me like it does for so many others- I'm sure its me & not the actual w/o but I'd rather do something that isnt just floor stuff. ~ Its hard to get out of those bulk stores w/out dropping lots of cash... Do you go 2x a month? I am trying to get my 500.00 grocery bill monthly down to 200.00. Its just DH & I so if I was a better planner I could do it. I also tend to stock-pile - must have been how I was raised...lots of money issues- we ate lots of potatoes & fried bologna because back in those days it was cheap. ~ I thought you had a PU Bar already? What are you using? I know I'll have to ask for lots of form pointers & advice since A) I'm petrified of heights B) I'm no wonder woman! I actually got the bar mainly because of the Core work... I recall centuries ago using one to work my core (crunching both legs up while hanging) and those were incredibly challenging to the core.

Off to catch up on the Xer afternoon happenings! Be back soon! XXOO:7

DEBRA:::
What days are you going to school? I need to rearrange my schedule so we can somehow have coffee together:7 Had a thought last night- perhaps DD is practicing to go on So You Wanna Be A Soap Star?
She sounds like she could be cast as Erika Canes miracle child at age 75! :7 Pulled an all nighter I see}( Do you sneak him out before DD gets up in AM or is he fully dressed & shaved @ the breakfast table? OR is it absolutely none of my beeswax?}( ~ Ahhh- SJP My absolute personal Cathe favorite! Its GOT to be the music... The HiLo is music from my Jazzercise Instructor days so I just love it! Makes me feel happy all darn day... I shall pull it our & find a place for it this weekend. I'll pre-order Eoin today too- thanks! Thats a terrific idea about a massage day on the retreat!!! MUCH more appealing then whoever suggested we workout togetherx( I do think CB could take us girls out on the town to dance too!!! Oh my - looks like this retreat will be 6-12 days now!:eek:

TRACY:::
WOW you leg work is still really intense isnt it???? What do you think about this order... Legs w/ Wts(GS), Cardio Legs(Plyo), Glutes(B&G)....repeat again then 1 rest day.

KIM:::
So very happy to see you & see you are still going! The X is not something I could EVER stick with if I didnt have this wonderful group...I need accountability! Your schedule looks horrendous & I applaud you for making sure you push play! STANDING O!!!!!!!! Too late for help this week but if your calf is getting better I dont think you should avoid Plyo- I think you should MODIFY all the moves to build the strength & resilience... If you think its something that should FULLY recover - use your good judgement but the muscle needs to have stamina & strength eventually built up. Kinda think of yourself as having a bum leg and proceed w/ caution - :* :*

JEANETTE:::
I am so sorry about the drama! Trust me- I am fully aware of how all that con get in the way of best laid plans! ~ NICE way to confuse the core!!!! What are your thoughts on Amys Dome Challenge if I dont have a DOME.... Just looking for multiple opinions before I use my cash stash:7 ~ LOL on the cars & garage... US TOO! My car in garage & big DH truck outside! Thats OK by me!! I only feel badly for him wwhen we do have a freeze & its 5AM & he's out there squirting water on his windows to de-ice. - then I think about the fact its him or me and.....;-) WOOHOO on DELL customer service! AWESOME!!!!! ~ PLEASE take care of those shoulders.... Maybe do half on floor (pushups) and 1/2 on the wall???? Maybe do only half the push ups & do weights for chest the rest ???? I just will not risk injury for any workout now... My body doesnt heal easily enough & I have no patience for rehab so I just need to be cautious.

SANDRA:::
You snuggled with us last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COOL:* :* :* Did I steal the covers???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: F-Bombs?????:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ROF! You so DO NOT seem the type!!! I somehow can see Debra throwing glue bottles but YOU saying F-you/it etc... NO WAY!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Well I bet you scared the be-jeebers out of DH! Gotta keep him on his toes!}( On the wall pushups--- My options were to lift weights or those- I decided I'll alternate... On the wall ones I just went really far back & went really slow- they actually felt hard but I certainly dont have DOMS like I did last week. ~ I'm excited for you moving forward with your Dr.... You've done so much already I say WHATS NEXT!?

NICOLE:::
Let me just say... If MY Dh said I needed to do anything I'd be reporting from a prison cell! Sorry but its beyond the days of DH's saying those things w/out some penalty!}( :* Thansk for the Interval+ report... I'm still WAITING!!! Gosh I'm excited for some new stuff!

Oh dear I am out of coffee! :eek: Love & Huggers:*

Hi there cuties!! Hope all is well this morning. I am headed to take the diva to her new kidney doctor...and then to school. I will be back for a chat after that...I promise to catch up with whoever I missed yesterday....and I am sure the rest of the group will be around before I get back. Feeling perky although my house smells like peppers and onions!!!

Kisses to all!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Okay, I've been a busy girl. No! I haven't worked out yet. Last night I was on the phone with my sister, mom, my mom's BF, my friend, my eldest niece, and an acquaintance married to a Thai National. Why? I know this sounds crazy! I haven't made up my mind yet. But, I might fly back to Thailand next week.:eek: (Do I hear Xers choking on their coffee?):+ Here's the deal. I need to get my Thai id card while my mom is still there if I decide to go ahead and adopt a baby as a Thai National. Well, I am sure I could obtain my Thai id card without my mother's presence, but it would be very difficult. No telling if the government official would say. (It seems they make up rules as they go depending on the complexity of a situation.) With her there, it's a walk in the park. No telling what the future my hold. And, I might as well go while my sister is there.

I read yesterday's posts. Traci, I think you're right on about the dairy. I'm not interested in breaking through any plateau right now, just maintaining. I'm going to put the X on hold until it suits my desires. However, sitting around doing nothing has got to STOP! I'm not going to plan a rotation any time soon. I have to make a decision (book a flight or not) before I entertain a generic rotation.

Okay, off to find my cell phone charger and think.

Oh! Debra, I'm glad your first day of school went well. Enthusiastic teachers are a rarity. Did CB buy you some knee highs yet?}(

Nicole, It's good to hear from you. I was starting to wonder how you were making out with those headaches.

Tracy: Your post made me smile. I think the world would have to be turned upside down for you to take a month long workout break. It's one constancy that I can depend on.:)

Okay, I'm off to make a decision.

Ballistic Hugs To ALL!!!!
Wendy

Classic/ Week 8/ Day 4/ ???

Good morning,

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet this morning. Let me ask you this: both of my elbows mildly ache on the outside, although the left it worse than the right. I think that's called tennis elbow, isn't it? I've been staying off of them since last Saturday. Holding onto a heavy dumbell seems to affect them, even. After 5 days of pretty total rest, they still ache. What should I avoid doing, what should I do, and how long should I give them to heal? I remember my first round of the X left me with these elbow aches. I'm dreading the start of Phase 3 on Monday. Okay, let me admit that I'm tired of P90X Round 2. I do not want to do Phase 3 at all. I need to find some motivation.

Maybe this morning I'll do XStretch, instead of yoga. There's not much stuff in that to irritate the elbows. Tonight is the Pump & Jump class at the YMCA.

Tracy....I hope I can find Dr. Sandra somewhere in this mess. I spend, on average, $200/week on groceries, but that includes all of our household products and items, not just food. It usually includes a b-day present or two, as well. Someone's always having a b-day, it seems. This week I have 5 presents/cards to buy.

Traci....Look at you go, doing a run and some yoga in the same day! What happened to the former Traci?? CC#2 is a really good one! Heck, they're all good. Nope, you didn't steal the covers, but you do talk in your sleep. You'll need to pay me if you don't want the rest of the gang to know what you were saying }( So wall pushups can challenge an advanced exerciser. Interesting.

Debra....Does DD still struggle with kidney stones, etc.? Will she have that all her life?

Nicole....Thanks for the Interval+ review. I hope I get mine by the end of this week so I can use them to jazz up my Phase 3.

Jeanette....Ooh dear. The aborted family meeting last night didn't sound like a good thing. I hope you don't find your bike out on the street! We'll eventually build a garage for the cars, but I keep hesitating because it will block the morning sun that comes in our kitchen windows. I had a remote car starter installed in the fall so the car could be warmed up and windows defrosted while I was still inside the house. That's almost as good as a garage, right?

Okay, time to go do some stretching. Have a great day!
Sandra

Wendy,

I just wiped off my computer monitor, then wiped it again. I thought I saw words that said you were planning to go back to Thailand NEXT WEEK!!! Oh I did, I diiiid see those words! Frankly, it sounds like you've already made up your mind. I'd put money down that when you return, you'll be bringing one or two of those babies with you. Boy, you'll do anything to get a playdate with Brangelina's children!

Good luck!
Sandra

Good morning,

Round 2, Phase 2, Week 2, Day 4 - YogaX

Of course I didn't do YogaX, but I did do Cathe's 4DS HIS and then added on 30 minutes of Shiva's Shakti Yoga (matrix). Have a hair appointment after work. Got to get this gray around my face covered.

Tracy, I liked the dome challenge. I don't remember seeing Amy's abs in that one at all. It did cross my mind when I was doing it that it could be hard on someone with back problems. She changes the moves up and it's not endless repetitions. Enjoy your rest day today. How is the weather? Has DS taken his road bike out?

Traci, glad TTOM is here for you. I still haven't lost the bloat from mine (thought I was going to skip it), so maybe it's not bloat and just fat instead. x( How is the work going with your clients? I haven't heard you say anything this week.

Debra, hope it goes well with your DD at the doctor. Will she always have kidney problems? My DS's girlfriend has sore kidneys a lot. The whole family has problems with their kidneys. She drinks lots of water and that helps a lot.

Wendy, you crazy girl!!! You have a lot more maternal instinct than I ever had. We are fortunate to have people like you in our world. What does Phil think about the possibility of an adoption?

Sandra, so sorry about the sore elbows. I believe outside of elbow is tennis elbow and inside is golfers. I had soreness on both sides, but that's all gone away. I have a little weakness from it when grabbing the milk jug out of the fridge, but it's mostly healed pain wise anyways. Have you tried wearing one of those bands that goes on your forearm? I understand about the dread of Phase 3. I'm not there yet, but will be glad to do B&B (I think). I'm not even tempted to buy the P90X+ workouts. There are so many other workouts that are more fun and without dread. I did talk to one of the Garage Boys yesterday afternoon and told him I wouldn't be at the session due to family obligations. He totally understood. We may be spinning on Saturday unless the weather allows the fellas to get outside and ride. I need to get in some longer rides outside as I have a bike event planned on Super Bowl Sunday.

Better go now, BBL,

Jeanette

Hi there gang. How is it going in Xer land today? It looks like everyone has been very chatty these days. Yesterday's physical went fine. I have a little heart murmur, nothing major, but do have to get an ultrasound for that. But other than that, so far so good.

Today is another one of those busy days. Boy's classes, pta meeting, cleaning, etc etc etc. I did complete KickMax without the leg drills today. So that is all done.

I do hope to catch up with all of you soon. Have a great day.

Lea

Well look at all the early birds just chattering away.... As I procrastinate starting my w/o's I sit with 3rd cup of coffee & YOU!:7

:* DEBRA
Hoping all goes well w/ DD's new Dr...I imagine its a bit stressful to find one you feel good about... My goodness I'd be hungry waking up to those smells! I love the smell of onions for some reason...

:* WENDY
I did indeed spit out my coffee! I am in awe of your brain & how it works...... It obviously EASILY forgets pain & torture- a gift from above for sure or is it the family curse?:p I also thought your sis was the LEAST appealing part of the trip plan before;-) Well whatever you end up doing just know that I shall be pouting having been snubbed once again by a 3rd World trip vs Xer Chat time!x( You must get your priorities straight in 2008!:*

:* SANDRA
We must have spit at the same time!;-) I totally forgot about the Brangelina contest! You hit the nail on the head! ~ Poor poor dear on the Elbow Dbl Whammy! - Jeanettes the Tennis Elbow Expert but I would say go to webMd if you arent heading to a DR and follow the advise...Thats a pretty good medical site for diagnose/treat yourself. Its one of the few that actually gets suggested by "live" Drs from what I hear in the world of Personal Trainers. ~ For motivation.... Just sub every day but strengthX.... Thats just 2 dasy of Tony...just sub with a real sub to meet the objective vs a do what I feel like kinda thing.... You know the drill- you've been here before.... Re-read your Traci Quote on your tagline;-) If I- being the least focused & consistent Xer can complete this round then it'ss be a cakewalk for you..... Stopping at Phase 3 is NOT an option!}( }( ~ Oh dear- I do actually talk ALOT in my sleep!!!! I usually wake myself up just before it starts to make sense to DH... A few times I actually mess w/ him because he tries to get top secret info out of me.... My favorite is the screaming of the name _______ (insert a dog) and waking them all up and making DH take them outside to pee-pee at 2am}( Thats what he gets for trying to figure out who & what I do in my sleep! ~~~ LOL- I wouldnt say wall push ups are "challenging" to the advanced but YES if you're on IL... Also the going towards wall on a slow 8 count- back up on slow 8 count certainly challenges me enough! I cant do that on my tootsies!

Thats it for me- shall be checking the thread regularly to see if ALL XERS are spitting out their drink of choice thanks to Wendy!:7

:eek: Lookie who snuck in on me!

Morning to Jeanette & Lea!!!

JEANETTE::::
Funny you asked... tomorrow is my 3AM training w/ client... She did 2 evenings already this week and her core to bottom is so sore! She's been emailing me with potty DOMS everyday! Too funny! I told her for her birthday I'd buy her a padded potty seat (like I just got!)}( HOORAY on Goodbye Gray Day!!! LOVE those days! Glad you are all fired up to ride long & hard... Super Bowl Sunday is a big day eh? Well I shall toast to you...I think we got suckered into a throwing a party this year as DH works w/ all the Dallas fans... One of his employees sent out an email to the entire company announcing Wendell (who DESPISES the cowbys) was hosting a SB Party.... Everyone RSVP's YES (about 35 people) before Wendell figured out WTH was going on! Way too funny!!!! ~ I am totally with ya on the Is it bloat or fat! Right now I'm not so sure because I was a sugar terror for about 4-5 weeks... We'll see in a few days what the "real" damage was. OH WELL! Gives us a goal, right?

LEA::::
I'm sure your heart murmur is caused by the VERY LOVING & LARGE HEART YOU HAVE:* :* :* :* ^ 5 on the w/o today!!! I seem to recall KM popping into your week regularly??? Are you going to let me in on your secret results using it so often???

Off to get my date with Sean in.... I LOVE that man- talk about McDreamy!}(

Look at it this way: I gave ya'll an excuse to clean off your monitors!}( :7 :+ I have an appointment with an immigration attorney in Philly at 4 today. I'll make a decision of if I will go to Thailand next week based on what he tells me. From my understanding, finalizing an adoption in Thailand as a Thai National will be a quick process. Bringing the baby back to the states might get complicated. We'll see if it's a road we're willing to travel.

Now, back to work ladies! :* :* :*

Quickly: Lea, I hope your ultrasound shows it's only a heart murmur. My BFF was told she had a heart murmur when she was in highschool. She went through bootcamp and had two children before an OBGYN listened to her "heart murmur". Her heart beat didn't sound quite right for it to be a heart murmur. So, he had her get some tests done. Here, she had a hole in her heart requiring open heart surgery!!!! She's fine now. She had telescopic surgery and was home in a couple of days. I'll be keeping you in my prayers until the ultrasound shows you're healthy!!!

Wendy

I am so excited about the new STS series!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

I think it's right up our alley and it is so organized and calculated. I am ordering it on Saturday for sure.

I just wanted to get the excitement out, I'll be back:)

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Dear, dear ladies...How are you all today?? I am feeling a bit sleepy with the rain and the cold weather...I know that must came as a shock to many of you...LOL! DD's doc appointment went fine except they needed to do blood work, and you would think that they were cutting her arm off. What a dramatic girl she is! Anyway...we were at the Children's Hospital for the appointment and there were some many handicapped kids there...it just made my heart hurt for them and their families. I feel so lucky that DD is as healthy as she is. DD went up to one of the caregivers (with my permission) who was giving food to her patient through a tube in his tummy...She was so nice to DD explaining what she was doing and why...and how this boy ended up the way he did. I thought it was really good of DD to be brave enough to go up and ask...I figure it is always better to hit the issue head on and just ask what you don't know about....It's better than just staring, I think...And maybe DD will walk away with more appreciation for how lucky she is...or be interested in a career of helping others....who knows.

Had a lovely time with CB last night, as usual. My calves are still incredibly sore from GS legs the other day...UGH! I don't know why they are so tight....CB rubbed them for a while last night, and they definitely felt better, but still very achy today. I will be doing yoga later on today....but I may need a nap first!

Okay...personals.....again....

Traci...
Our cycles are almost exactly in sync...Isn't that weird?? Look at you copying me with the GS legs...Are you planning on showing off your legs to CB when you come here??? You would have thought that DD was on a soap opera this morning the way she was crying about the blood being drawn....she cries before she even gets in there...and by the time she is in to get her procedure she has worked up to a full tantrum! UGH...what a drama queen! This is only the second time CB has spent a full night here with DD in residence...This morning he took a shower and left before the diva awoke...but he also spent the night on Xmas Eve...He got up before DD on Xmas morning and napped out on the chair in the family room.....DD asked me later if he had spent the night and I told her yes....and she just went on about her business. Just like any other sleepover, I guess...LOL! I have a GF who is in a similar situation, and her BF sleeps over all the time. Her girls are just used to it now. At DD's age she doesn't get the whole "intimacy" thing...Just sleeping to her! I'm not sure if CB can handle you ladies all together dancing...LOL! My presentation on Monday is just on a few points in the first chapter...But I may have to get some creative juices going for that, since we are supposed to be 'engaging and funny'! I'll see if XDH can pay for any injections you would like, my dear. I think he probably owes me!

Tracy...
Have fun at your class tonight...I thought you were done with those...Is this a different one?

Sandra...
So glad you put DH in his place...He must have been so confused...LOL! I can just picture the look on his face....Like WTF? Maybe next time you can have some glue handy to throw at him...leave a real bruise! Sounds like you are on track with your dissertation again. At least you have a little time to get up to speed and prepare. Yes, I am the 'mature' adult....LOL! How did that happen?? Actually the first chapter of my communications book had an interesting point...although we all function in groups, we still communicate in twos...Even if you are talking to a larger group, you are actually communicating with each individual in that group...because they bring their own thoughts and feelings to the communication process...and everyone is different in how they perceive you. DD had a 10mm stone when she was 4 years old..I don't know how much you know about stones....but that is HUGE!!! Anyway, I have no idea how long she will have this condition which is caused by her kidneys pulling too much calcium out of her blood and depositing it into her urine. She may grow out of it. We have to do a 24 hour urine collection...Doesn't that sound like fun?? For a whole day she has to pee in a large orange container....every time she goes...If she misses a time, then we have to start all over again. It is a real joy. Let's see....what kind of cheer can I do to get you motivated for phase 3...hmmmm.....Maybe I just need to hurl some glue your way...Wait, no, you may shoot me the effenheimer!

Wendy...
I will be curious to see how your meeting goes today. What does Phil think about all of this? I know he is supportive of you and your decisions. Won't you be the clan going to the mall altogether!! How much cost is there in adopting from Thailand...My brother adopted a baby from Russia...and it was pretty insane how much they had to pay...but of course, it was all worth it in the end. No knee hi's yet, but my birthday is coming up...LOL! No telling what he'll come up with!

Lea...
Waving as you fly by! Hope all goes well with the ultrasound...I'm sure it is something they will just want to monitor.

Jeanette...
Sorry for all of the family drama last night! Especially since it caused you to miss your session!! Hope all is well today. See, I told you all you needed was a good hair color to make you feel younger! DD definitely does not drink enough fluid...it is almost like force feeding someone to get her to drink anything!! I actually have kidney stones, too, so I guess they came from me...Although XDH's dad and bro both had them too. You can read my post to Sandra about DD's kidney issues. We had brats with peppers and onions for dinner last night with some hash browned potatoes...very yummy, but I tell you all I can smell is peppers and onions today!! I have sprayed the house about a million times...ugh.

Nicole...
Waving to you as you busily clean up after all of those messy boys!

Kim....
Sounds like you are one busy lady! Congrats for getting all of your workouts in....That is a major accomplishment with your schedule! Sorry the calf seems to be healing so slow...I thought about you earlier when I was stretching mine out.

I think I may be caught up for now...which means....you guessed it...Nap time!!! I will do yoga while DD is at gymnastics and I will have some time this evening to prepare for class in the morning...and the laundry is doing it's thing....so I may as well sleep. Although, I like having CB spend the night, I am really not used to sleeping with anyone else. XDH has been gone for a year and a half, so I haven't slept with someone regularly since then. It is either take a nap or mop the floors...and the floors don't sound like all that much fun to me right now!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

I just caught the STS posting. I'm super excited about this. I'll be preordering on Saturday, no doubt. I'm quite happy about the price, too. $200 seems great for 37 dvds.

I've decided to halt my P90X round and doing a lean/lower body rotation for the next few months. That lump in my left elbow never totally disappeared, and I think the stress of the last 8 weeks is causing it to flare up and cause more problems. I was reading the WebMD site that Traci recommended (merci!). Forearm strain is a cause of these elbow problems, and the P90X workouts leave my forearms seriously pumped. If I don't want to end up on the long term IL, I think I need to nip this in the bud right now. I'm going to start taking ibuprofen daily (not sure how much I should be taking), icing, and resting. I'm hoping I can start using workouts like Squeeze, which will hopefully challenge the muscles without requiring heavy weight work. I'll probably lose some of this wonderful mass I've been building, but my goal now is to get my elbow up and running properly in time to rebuild the mass using the STS dvds. I'll continue to incorporate push/pull ups, but in a more reasonable number. Tracy's suggestion of 12....1 technique sounds really good.

Traci....Thank you for trying to motivate me to continue. If flagging motivation were my only problem, your words would have worked! But I think I need to heed my elbow. I've seen what a few people here have gone through, and I'm going to learn from you all. A bit of down time now can save me from a lot more later on. I have no doubt that, if done right, those 8 count wall push ups could stimulate the chest muscles.

I hope I get Amy's new workouts really soon. I'd like to do Cathe's April '06 rotation, using some of Amy's cardio to replace the Cathe stuff I'm tired of (MIC comes to mind!!). DH can always use the new P90X+ workouts, if I don't. He's always saying the only reason he doesn't do P90X is because the workouts are too long. He can't say that about P90X+!

My workout this morning ended up being StretchMax: 1,2&3.

Jeanette.... I like that HIS/Shakti combo you did this morning. I'll bet you feel nice now. Enjoy the hair appointment. I love having my hair played with. I just realized SBSunday is at the end of this month, isn't it! Ooooh, get riding! Get riding!! DH always spends SB weekend at a work convention in Las Vegas. At least, he calls it a work convention. I have my doubts....

Lea....A heart murmur! Is this a new thing, or something you've had all your life?

Debra....My dd's like that around needles, too!! It's tragic how upset she gets. The year she had to get 2 rounds of flu shots, and her 5 year old booster, I had to bribe her with a chocolate doughnut just to get into the car. I'm very blessed to not have to go through the ordeal of parents with ill children. It must be hell for them to see their children suffer. LMAO! Effenheimer! That's the first time I've heard that, but strangely enough, I understand exactly what you're saying! So, do you wait until DD is home on the weekend to collect the urine? What a pain, but obviously very necessary for monitoring her health. Are they concerned about osteoporsis, due to the calcium loss?

Christiane, Kim, Carol, Swift Amy, Nicole....I hope you're all having a good day. Catch us up when you can!

Sandra

Hi all,

It’s cold and raining here. What a yucky day.

Traci – I think unless you are going really light, that’s too much leg work. Hard leg weeks for me are 2 heavy legs, 2 light cardio, 3 heavier cardio. That after 4-6 weeks left my legs pretty fatigued. Now I’m doing 1 heavy, 1 light leg, and 4 cardio per week for about 6 weeks. I’m hoping using the heavy work once a week will maintain my gains, and the lighter work will let the legs recover and using B&G will continue to shape. Funny, I was going to ask you what you thought. I tried weighted leg work 3x per week and it just didn’t work for me. Maybe if you don’t go super heavy it would, but I just wasn’t getting enough recovery time, but I was running twice a week too.

Sandra – I’ve had the forearm strain, and elbow soreness off and on for quite a while. I was keeping it to a minimum doing upper body once every 5 days and honestly, that was working great for me. I think if I do the pull/chins once a week I’ll be ok, but I may sub when I do C & B and do pull overs and various rows to give it two weeks to recover. It really isn’t that important to me because my back is pretty strong.

Debra – My kids used to hate it when they had to have blood work. Sorry about peeing in the container. What happens when she is at school, or did you keep her at home?

Jeanette - DH went out once with me riding. He's still frolicing in the snow at Jackson Hole.

Class is starting, I'd better go. I'll catch up with everyone else tomorrow.

Tracy

I've skimmed through the Squeeze workout today, finally! Can someone please tell me what I'm supposed to do with this one? What is it supposed to be able to do for me, other than build up lactic acid in the muscles? And are the individual body segments the same as what's in the whole workout? And the short version; is that the whole workout edited down? I'm thinking that this might be most useful as a finishing segment to put on after some heavier lifting. Yes? No?

Tracy....What is your goal for this round of P90X lifting? You've already got a well muscled physique, and you're happy with your non-P90X cardio options. So, what are you hoping to see come out of this round? Just curious.

Have a good evening,
Sandra

Hello Everyone,

I just got home from my boooooooooooring meeting. Can you tell I didn't have that much fun. One of the things they had us do, was try to solve a problem that has been bugging another department. I couldn't contribute anything, because I'm not an Engineer. And didn't even know what the process or the item looked like. It was all ok, I got a good laugh out of it. And had other people laughing when I suggested they us yarn to tie these things together. :7 :7

The L work I came up with was Lifting Laurie. They of course asked why and I just told them all about the X. Just kidding. I didn't bring my Xer T-Shirt, even though I love that one lots, and they never would have figured that one out. :7 :7 I had to bring my biggest love, and that was a Nascar T-shirt. ;-)

I got to the bottom of the posts and saw that there is an update, so now I need to go look at that. Excited am I. :D

Oh and I did receive my P90X+ workouts yesterday, and am looking forward to trying the new Kenpo and Interval workouts. I think I will be saving the others for later. :D

Will post some personals tomorrow, need to get my comfy clothes on and get the DD's something to eat.

Talk at you all tomorrow,

Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.