Xers...Thrilling....Thursday

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Yesterday my back started to hurt again at first I had thought it was the ab work. I’ve been sleeping on the floor on a mattress until last Monday, when I moved back into the bed. We have a pillow top mattress and it just really made my back hurt. Since I’ve been pain free I thought I could go back, but no way. We may have to get a new mattress. So I muddled through DM#4 modified and then did magically hips. I slept on the floor last night, so hopefully I’ll feel better today. They came to fix the AC, but of course didn’t have the part and still charged us $200, It’s still supposed to be in the 90s until Sunday.

Traci – I hope DM went better for you than it did for me; sounds like it did. Wow, you were the energizer bunny yesterday. I didn’t get nearly that much done.

Teddygirl – Glad to see you are back. I consider walking to be a great exercise. It just seems to take forever.

Jeanette – I feel for you with the dust. At least when I do my own project I have control over the mess. My DH never seems to be aware of the collateral damage that he is creating when he does a project. I hope Tillie is getting along OK. I can’t blame her for mot being cooperative about the stitches. We usually take them out ourselves too.

Laurie – Congratulations on the volleyball game!

Nicole – I liked B&B. It always made my forearms feel like they were going to explode.

Amy – We need rain sooo bad. Double PP and then SS will be on my list for the future. I’m always looking for ways to use that dvd. I think that it is better than I give it credit for. The SS leg premix is good too.

Debra – I know that S&H is so effective, but I have been unable to force myself to do it since finishing the X. I have to be in the mood for that slow stuff. DD is developing quite a list of favorite musicians.

Sandra – I really think that all of the cardio is a double edged sword. I’m always more hungry and then crave the carbs. When I focus more on weights, I can more easily control my urges to eat. I’m not sure what is the best way to loose that layer of fat. I think that the right amount of food for increased amounts of cardio is difficult to find and make you still feel satisfied. Good luck!

Tracy

Thursday: Heavy Weights (cycle day 18)
Biceps of Muscle Endurance & SuperSets
Yoga: Yoga Shakti (not sure which one yet)

*Feeling like a good long Yoga is exactly what I need today… My lower body is pretty much fried and other than booty cant find a single muscle that isn’t pretty tight.

*DH did indeed live up to his word and helped in the back yard last night! We got about 30 minutes in before the lightening strikes got a tad too close for comfort so had to stop- he has a golf match all afternoon so we’ll see if he’s nearly as helpful tonight!

~~~~TRACY X
Are you done with school for the summer now?
I am so very sorry about your back flare up! You have GOT to be cussing at that mattress! If that’s the culprit then you need to go get a new one that suits you soon! Our beds at the bay are old and awful- I still have neck pain today from last weekend… Fingers crossed for the air to be fixed PRONTO!

~~~~ Sandra X
Thanks so much for KPC info! I have made the notes so I know what I’m doing! I am just not a preview gal- I don’t think the 82 minute one is in my future as I am really trying to stick close to a 60 minute max most days- especially cardio. The 62 minute one looks perfect.
Glad to hear you’ve been strutting your stuff in tank! Has anyone asked you what it all means?
I made the Italian Hummus recipe from BFS and LOVE IT! It is one of the few that doesn’t call for Tahini which can be hard to find in my area. I actually used more EVOO & Balsamic & Lemon juice to make it work for me – DELICIOUS!
LOL on plaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy! I think you are one of the shoppers that if I’m PMS’ing I had best stay away from! I think its all quite amusing the rest of time! I usually look at the frustrated & embarrassed moms and say “better you than me!”
Hope you got in your yoga after all yesterday.

~~~~ Debra X
I was on the clean eating bandwagon until about 6pm- then the Dove Dark Chocolate started calling- the good news is that I finished it off so theres not one sliver of chocolate left in the house… Even the secret hiding places are empty! A little ice cream NEVER hurt our Eva twin so no worries!
Your new home being in the country is icing on the cake eh? I so loved when we first moved to our area- cows in pastures everywhere! 6 years later we are now enjoying the developed scenery of strip centers everywhere! It makes me so very sad.
LOL on DD’s favorite singers- MINE TOO! Except for Pink- I can take her or leave her… I think one good thing AI has done is close some of the generation gap in terms of music!
Send those Best Buy boxes are way! That & Home Depot are where DH spends all our $$~

~~~~Nicole
I don’t think you need any additional motivation! You are just an inspiration! I say that in all seriousness! Hope your day is filled with pumped muscles and sweat!

~~~~Jeanette X
Hope Tillie is feeling well this morning… Did she get a special treat after vet visit? ANOTHER competition? Oh my goodness! I suppose if you look you’d find something going on just about every weekend this time of year. GOOD LUCK! May those muscular legs take you QUICKLY up the hills & take care in that heat!
Lets get some wine moving woman! Is it drinkable now or does it have to “age” in the bottle for 10 years to be good?

~~ Laurie X, Wendy, TeddyGirl, Amy, Cheryl ~~
Happy morning to each of you! Hope your Thursday is FABULOUS!

Good morning ladies!

Today I overslept a little bit so didn't get my "veg" time before working out. I did S&H chest, with supermans, planks and abs. Tonite will be our club's hill climb competition. Should be warm tonite, but I need to acclimate to the heat anyway as I have a century ride I'm doing with a friend (her first) on June 16th (2 weeks).

Tracy, so sorry about your back and the mattress. Our mattress in the camp trailer always makes me sore. Hope that A/C part arrives soon. Our heat sure jumped up. Going to be around 90 today. My DH sounds like yours with the "collateral damage". He was taking rock off the wall right next to this nice little glass table that I have with a plant sitting on it. Never thought to move the dust covered table, plant, knick knacks. I just shake my head. Don't want to stop any progress, though, so I keep biting my tongue. Tillie will get her stitches out tomorrow. I found a local vet to take them out. The vet who removed her eye is out of the area and I didn't want to have to drive all the way over to that town for the stitch removal.

Traci, glad DH helped with the yardwork last night. We also had some thunder and lightning, also a brush fire from it. Hope it's not that way tonite. I got some watering done last night and the dishes, but that's about all. Glad the Dove dark is gone. That is my very favorite chocolate. DH came home with tortilla chips yesterday and I got out the salsa so was bad with that. Oh well, fuel for today's ride maybe? I'm glad you reminded me about the wine. I almost worked on it last night. Deadline by this weekend to get it racked again and driven over to my mom's where we'll let it settle one last time and bottle it. Hopefully, next week. I'm looking forward to tonite. Just hope it's not too windy. Area where we are climbing is in the mountains and pretty protected by lots of trees and has shady areas as you climb up higher. Hope we get as many as last time, if not more! I sent a reminder out to the ladies so that we make a good showing there.

I sent an email to Wendy, hope I get an answer and that she's okay.

Jeanette

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph3/Wk9/Day1/Rnd2
Workout: Chest & Back / ARX / 4 Mile Run

Did you ever have one of those days when you wake up and think it's Friday and your DH dashes all your hopes by reminding you that it is only Thursday. :( That was me this morning. :D I will have something to look forward to tomorrow. :D

I'm on the home stretch, Phase 3 here I come. Chest & Back today, after I take the girls to get their hair trimmed. Glad I looked at my calander, because I would not have remembered.

Traci, I hear ya on the Dark Chocolate. I still have one little sliver of a Dove bar that I am saving. I always have something available for that one day I need it. :) There is another premix on KPC that is 50 min., that I think was a circuit workout also. I think Premix #19 which is Kickbox and High Step Circuit. Might be another one for you to try.

Amy, The landscaping really transformed the way your yard looks. Love it.

Jeanette, Well I don't know what is wrong with my house, because I have dust and my DH isn't tearing down a rock wall. :7 :7 Can't you tell I'm not a good housewife. :D I'm sure you and your DH will do fine with the tile work. Hope Tillie has a good day tomorrow at the Vets. To answer your ? from yesterday, I am 5'8" and I actually had a spike in the game. My brother was just about to give me a big hug, but gave me a hand slap instead. The nets set for the guys, so I was really excited that I could get high enough. PlyoX is doing its job! :)

Sandra, I also had to LOL at your description of the display. Wouldn't you think that they probably have lots of children doing the same as yours. :) I know my girls would have wanted to play on it also at you DD's age. Ha! Ha! on the bikini, but you are right, there was only one girl on that team that was thinner than I was.

Tracy, Sorry to hear about your back. We had to get a new mattress last year because of the same issue. That was probably the best money spent. :)

Nicole, Are we the only ones still doing the X? :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Classic: Phase 2/ Week 8/ Day 4/ Round 1

YogaX

I always enjoy YogaX. I was up at 4:30 to do it and wanted to sleep by the end. Life must go on though, so I woke up the boys and they are getting ready for school. I feel like I'm down to the home stretch. Recovery week, then it's on to the last phase:)I'm looking forward to my new Squeeze, Yoga 4 H, and All Pump Extreme DVD's. Hope you all are preparing for another busy day.

Tracy, That's the pits about your back:( Mine has been really bad as of late as well. I have to take Advil every night bevore bed just so I can sleep. I literally feel your pain:) Bummer about the AC not getting fixed. Guess you didn't luck out like Jeanette and her fridge. Hope your back does better as the day goes on.

Traci-X, Yeah, on DH helping with the yard, even if it was only 1/2 hr. I would have to guess your lower body is hard as a rock with all of the work you've been giving it:) Hummus, yummy:9

Jeanette, Good luck on the hill climb!!

Laurie, I think so. The rest of them are just making us jealous with all of their fun and exciting new workouts:)

Everyone make it a great day!!!!

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Hi ladies...just dashing by for a quick hello before I have to tidy up a bit...although, I don't know why I am tidying for a group of 6 year olds...but their moms will be by to pick them up, and I don't want them to think their DD's were running around in a pigsty. I also have to clean out my car since I will be bringing them all home...and my bike is in there right now...I don't think they're going to fit!

I am hoping to get in at least SH back today...And 30 minutes of yoga if my morning goes quick...anyway...I'll bbl to let you know I survived all the girls...and the drama!

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Good Morning!!!

Well, I'm up and about, but DH, the one who wanted to go to breakfast today is still sleeping!!! Oh, well....

Yesterday was BM2 cardio timesaver and I added on 1 blast to come in just under 60 minutes. I'm with Traci there, NO MORE MARATHON CARDIO FOR ME!!! Anyway, I was actually considering SS/PP leg combo today when I read Sandra's recommendation of it, so that may still be in the works.

Jeanette- I hope that Tillie is a good girl at her appt!!! I understand how the little ones can wrap us around their paws...I have 3! I had forgotten about the wine...I hope that it turns out yummy!!! I am also one that's all about the tortilla chips!! YUM!!! That's my BIG downfall!!!

Debra- LOL at the 'menagerie' coming...I hope that you are able to survive unscathed!

Traci- I am sorry that you weren't able to get your back yard time in! I'd also like to put in another order for more rain, please. Do you deliver? ;-) When do you hear about your pictures and stuff?

Well, here's the results on the first week of the eating plan-
*down 4 lbs
*chest down 1/2"
*waist down 1"
*hips down 1/2"

All in all, I am very pleased!!! I am still a long way from where I was before starting the X and then losing it, but I will get there. It's funny, though, I think about things that I crave, and the desire just isn't there. They still sound good, but just don't have the 'pull' that they used to!

Okay, I've had enough, I'm going to get DH up so we can eat breakfast....er, lunch!

ETA- Tracy I am sorry to hear that your back is bothering you again. I am glad that you are able to find why, though!

Good morning,

How are you all doing? What cup of coffee are you on now? Or maybe you're having your lunch?

This morning I did PS Back & Biceps, then IMAX2 Blast Only. I didn't have time for a proper stretch at the end, so I'll definitely do some yoga in a bit. Never got around to that yesterday.

TracyX - You're exactly right about cardio being a double-edged sword. I have the same reaction you do. I'm so sorry you're still experiencing setbacks with your back! Are you going to get one of those Sleep Number beds?

TraciX - I hope you get your landscaping done tonight. Those storms need to stay away for a few days! I'm very impressed with all your yoga-fying these days. That's not the Traci I remember from days gone by! You're New and Improved!! No one's asked me about my tank yet. Actually, very few people have seen it. I don't get around much anymore. And we Canadians are too reserved to ask!! The Italian hummus is good, hey? I'll take note of that. I always just buy my hummus from the deli. Love that stuff. What Shakti segments did you do today? My new dvds finally shipped yesterday, so I should be getting her new Fluidity dvd soon. I'm looking forward to that. Of course, I feel like I've barely made a dent in the Shakti workouts. The matrix offers so much choice.

JeanetteX - Thank you for attempting to hunt down Wendy. Her absence is worrisome. Do you intend to do SH for a few weeks, or just this one week? I wonder what Cathe's June rotation is going to be? I'm waiting to see what she comes up with. Otherwise, I'm thinking of doing her Feb '07 rotation, starting on Monday. I hear you on the non-dusting situation. It really seems like a futile, completely unrewarding battle. You'll have to get a patch for Tillie's eye; make her look like a rogue. Or a pirate. ARrrgh! Or you could paint an open eye on the patch, so it looks like she has two eyes :) Might look weird when she's sleeping, though. I truly hope the poor dear is healing well and not in any pain.

LaurieX - Oh, those first few seconds of wakefulness can either make or break your day! We're almost to Friday. Just hold on a little longer. Oh I felt no compunction about letting DD play on the display yesterday, despite the signs that said "please don't let children play on the display." I figure if they put that up, then they've got it coming! Yes, there were other children pleading with their parents, and since I was the Bad Mother who let her child go, the other parents caved and let theirs go, too. By time I took my munchkin out to the car there was quite a small group of kids climbing around. My work there is done :)

Nicole - Oooh, Anne of GG!! That's a childhood treasure story, for every girl I know. I've read it a thousand times, and adore it. My 6 year old DD was given a truncated, illustrated version of the story and has read it 3 times in the past 2 weeks. It's wonderful, isn't it? Yes, I'm on the same shore as you, almost. We're central-west. Your parents must have gone to Vancouver Island? Did they visit the city of Victoria? It's gorgeous there. Central Canada is more like you describe: newer and less elaborate buildings. You're almost into phase 3!! Woohoo! I found it flew by fairly quickly because of the increased variety in the workouts. How's YogaX going these days? Do you see any improvement from when you started?

DebraX - "Keep my goal in mind." "Keep my goal in mind." I'm working on it, thank you! What was my goal again? You've made great progress with the SH series. That's very motivating! What's next? Oooooh my, aren't you going to be busy to-DAY!!! I'm sending you a load of patience vibes (((((((((())))))))))). You're DD should be telling you that You're the Best Mom in the Entire Woooorld. If she doesn't, then be sure to remind her. If you want them to come to appreciate you, you need to teach them how to do it! :)

Amy - Oh, I'm not the one who recommended the SS/PP lower body combo, although it sounds like a brilliant idea. Enjoy! Awesome, awesome results!!!! Woohoo!! Have a great time at the movie this afternoon, if DH is up to it.

Hello to everyone who hasn't checked in yet. Have a great day!
SandraX

I LOVE Anne of Green Gables!! I read all the books and I love the TV version that was produced when I was in high school!!! I ended up buying them on DVD!

Amy,

I also think that results are a great motivator. I finally lost some abdominal fat while doing the X and I realized just how hard it was to get those last few pounds off. That has been a great motivator to eat right plus, I just can't afford any abdominal fat with my back. Keep up the good work.

Jeanette- I had to LOL about the glass table and all of your things being near the combat zone. Are you sure you weren't in my house? Those types of things never occur to my DH. Dust, what dust??????

Tracy

Hi, everyone -

I have had a crazy busy day but had to fly by long enough to remark to Laurie that anyone who can save a sliver of a Dove dark chocolate bar for any special day has my humblest praise. Oh my gosh!!! I can only have that chocolate around in individually wrapped pieces, and these days even that much is a risk.

Managed to squeak out just 40 minutes of Muscle Max this morning before I was out of time. Will try to finish it up tonight.

Have a wonderful Thursday, everyone! It's almost weekend!!

Cheryl

Just running back through to let everyone know I survived...but barely...by the end everyone was in tears...which if you have girls you will understand...someone's feelings are ALWAYS getting hurt! All in all, though it was a very successful and fun party for everyone. I will upload a couple of pics over the weekend. I don't have the patience right now to fool with it.

I ended up doing SH back this morning...and then after all of the girlies left, and after cleaning up after the girlies (which let me add, I was not done with until 7pm!) I did some Jennifer Kries pilates concentrating on abs...and then the hips section from Eion...which really loosened up my legs. Tomorrow should be cardio of some sort...and SH bis.

I am going to make personals quick...

Tracy...Sorry to hear that your back is bothering you. My DH also has to have a very firm mattress. His bed in Russia is a very small mattress...only about 4 inches thick and it sits on a platform type bed...and he LOVES it. It's like sleeping on a brick.

Traci...Well, thank goodness you finished all of those chocolates....if you hadn't you would just feel guilty some other time...but now you have all the guilt over with! DD really likes that new song by Pink U & UR Hand...actually I really like it too...It's actually a pretty empowering woman's song! Glad you have found a rotation you are enjoying...as well as keeping that cardio down to a manageable level.

Jeanette...Hope you had a wonderful and successful ride this evening. I really liked Sandra's suggestion to get Tillie a pirate patch!

Nicole...You have no idea what it is like to have a houseful of girls...Boys are different, they may tear up more, but the girls are very emotional! Glad you enjoyed the yoga today...and I am glad that the end is in sight for you!

Cheryl...Just waving as you flew through!

Sandra...I hope you enjoyed your workout today...and hope you got that stretch in...I'm not quite sure what is next for me besides unpacking about 350 boxes...which may be it for a while...LOL! I am hoping during vacation and the move itself, I will be doing some fast walks...with some running thrown in on the good days...and I am planning on taking some yoga to the beach when we go so that I can do it ocean side...after that I have thought through yet.

Amy...Woohoo on those fantabulous results!!!!!

Laurie...Well, by the time you read this it really will be Friday. So things will already be better. And you're coming down to the home stretch! WooHoo!

So much for the quick personals...gotta go get DD to bed!

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Sandra, I use to watch Anne of Green Gables every time I was sick and still do to this day. Every time I watch it I want Anne to like Gilbert sooner and I'm yelling at him to hang in there, she'll come around:) I've seen it at least 30 times. I have even made my boys watch it and they liked it as well. Yes, it was Vancouver. They went to a weird hotel called Wickininnish. The funny thing is my mom thought nothing about the name until she got the heebeegeebees being there:) Yes, they were all a bit weird:)

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Good evening,

Tonite's hill climb competition was good, low attendance due to the threat of rain and thunder and lightning in other areas nearby. Actually, the weather ended up being fine for the ride, not too too windy. We had 6 men and 3 women. I beat my last year's time for the same course by almost 2 minutes. The heart rate monitor helps me to keep the hard burn away (lactic I guess?). I know everyone is different but my heart rate runs right about 163-164 bpm and I can sustain that, any higher and I'll burn out.

Laurie, way to go on keeping on with this P90X rotation! It's definitely a tough one physically and mentally. My hat is off to you, know you will finish. I would not be able to keep that sliver of dark chocolate (Dove is my favorite) in the house. It would be gone. A hand slap for the spike sounds great!!! Bet you are really having fun playing. It's a great game. I bet the PlyoX is really helping you to get those blocks and spikes in above the net. Heck, I'm so short, I could never even leave the ground very far at all.

Nicole, you too, you are awesome to get this far. It is definitely not a program for sissies! Mental toughness is what it takes to get thru. As you can see, I'm not doing it for a while. I enjoyed it, but was not ready to give it my all again so soon. Glad you enjoyed your yoga this morning, enough to fall asleep at the end. I need to devote some time to yoga when I don't have to rush to get ready for work.

Amy, no more marathon cardio for you either? I've never really liked the long cardio sessions myself, except for riding my bike outside. In fact, we will be riding about 80 miles early on Saturday. It will be prep for a 100 mile ride a couple weeks later. That kind of cardio is just different for me. I'm hoping to get to that wine this weekend. Heck it may be vinegar in the big carboy for all I know. I need to taste it... I'll be glad when Tillie gets her stitches out tomorrow. Bothers me to see the ends of the thread all sticking out. Congrats on your great results!!! That's just awesome and probably motivates you even more!! Hope your breakfast/lunch was good. I love to go out for breakfast but I just usually have oatmeal. Now pancakes sound good too....hmmm.

Sandra, this is week 2 of a 4 week rotation that Fitness Freak wrote (1 body part a week). It alternates between the GS series strength one week and S&H for strength the next. I'll see how I feel at the end of 4 weeks, may do a low weight/high rep rotation again as that one was a good one for me (Slim Series & Jari Love). I've never done the blast premix from Imax2. Is there recovery between the blasts? DH tore out more rock while I was doing my bike ride tonite so I need to haul the rock outside. We will also need a plumber to disconnect the old solar water system in this house. My DH is handy but a plumber or electrician he is not. I get so tired of having to arrange everything. I have more flexibility with my job so it falls to me to make the phone calls. A little patch would be cute on Tillie. I've never had a dog that I bonded so much to. It's just sickening sweet...DH is crazy about her too, actually both of our dogs are members of the family, and very, very spoiled. I haven't heard from Wendy still. Maybe her computer is down? I'm hoping everything is okay.

Tracy, DH seemed totally oblivious to the fact that BIG pieces of rock were falling inches from that glass table. I could have screamed at him. And the poor plant was just covered in that mortar dust, covered!!!

Cheryl, glad you popped in. Muscle Max is a good one, I'm sure that 40 minutes worked you well.

Debra, you are a great mom to have the party. A far better person than I've become. I'm just not that patient anymore. The bed we bought is too soft. My DH insisted on it, but I like a firmer bed. We should have looked into the Sleep Comfort kind. I've been sleeping pretty well though. When you were telling me about your DH's bed in Russia, I was thinking of the inmate beds. Glad he likes it and doesn't think it's a prison bed.

Got to go. Thanks, everyone, for the good hill climb vibes.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.