Xers............Super....Saturday....................

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Just getting us started today.

Happy workouts to all and I hope everyone enjoys the day off.

I'll be back later.

Tracy

Classic/Phase 2/Week 2/Day 2 - Plyometrics

Good morning!!! I hope that everyone slept well last night. I made sure that my patients did. Had a decent night at work. Nothing too exciting.

I am starting on the DOMS from CST yesterday. I think that the scarecrows give me my lat DOMS, either that or the fly/pull-up/press/reverse curl move.

I was SO not in the mood to go to work last night, but once I got there, I was able to get in the groove again. Last week's time off actually came at a really good time because I was getting burned out and very tired of what I do, but I am re-energized now.

I will see you all later tonight from work!

Good morning ladies....Hope everyone is well and having a nice weekend with your friends and families! DD had a sleep over at a friend's house last night..so she'll be home in a bit. I ended up not working out yesterday since I had not energy...i even went to be at 9:30 last night...Which I have to add, I NEVER do! Felt well enough for a bike ride this morning....just an easy ride around the neighbor hood for about 40 minutes....now that I am home, though, I feel like I'm about to hack up a lung. Waiting for the coughs to die down a little and then I will do SH tris.

Amy...Glad you are getting back into your groove...It's always nice to have that time off, though!

Tracy...Thanks for starting us off today..

I'll bbl to check on you guys!

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Morning,

I don't have time right now to post personals, will be leaving in an hour to go down for the triathlon.

Had a very bad experience last night. We had finished BBQing, eating and my dutch oven dessert was almost finished cooking. My little dachshund yelped and yelped and yelped. It was dark but we looked and her eyeball was hanging out of her face. My niece's border collie had bit her right there in the eye and forced it out. Of course, we all panicked and finally we got hold of a vet (this happened at 9:15 at night), my BIL drove me and poor Tillie over (took 30 minutes) and the vet sedated her and said she'd probably lose the eye. I was just relieved that she would live. I was so afraid that she would go into shock, but she was fine and her heart was good. She's only 2 years old and the love of my life. They did surgery on her last night and removed the eye. Of course, I have to leave in an hour for the triathlon and can't let the team down. DH will go pick her up. The vet said she'd be back chasing cats in a few days. Hope this is so. DH and I feel so bad, and DH is so angry with my niece's dog. I'm just relieved that she will be okay. Glad I don't have the tri today as I didn't hardly sleep a wink last night. I'm hoping that I can nap a little this afternoon and get to bed early (tent camping) tonite.

Just thought I'd let you guys know why I didn't post last night, plus you guys are all like family too.

I'll report back on Sunday when I get home.

Jeanette

Hi everyone,

So glad to see we're all in a short-discussion mode today.

JeanetteX - Ooooh, I am soooooo sorry about your dog! That sounds horrible and extremely upsetting. I hope she's up and chasing cats again real soon. (((hugs))) to you. And I'm cheering you on in your tri! Have a GREAT time!!! I look forward to the report when you return.

I was up until 2am last night. Had some chocolate at 9pm. The first bit of it I've had in 2 weeks. I was wired. Now today I'm tired and cranky. I'd planned to do High Step Challenge today, and hope that I eventually do, but frankly I feel too lousy. I know: Just do my best, and forget the rest!

A couple people yesterday asked about nutrition. I'm currently eating low-fat, low-sugar vegan. Actually, it's not about what's absent from my diet, it's about what I'm trying to put in. I'm trying to eat only when truly hungry, and my food choices are coming as much as possible from unprocessed plant foods. I'm emphasizing fruits & veggies, then beans, soy and grains, then nuts and nut butters. I still have small amounts of sugar in my twice-the-fruit jam, for example, but it's really not much. My approach is based on the recommendations of two books:

Breaking the Food Seduction, by Neal Barnard
Eat to Live, by Joel Furhman

E2L is more extreme than BFS, but they both espouse low-fat plant food as the core of the diet. And I enjoy the recipes in both of the books. E2L has a great online recipe archive, too.
http://www.fatfreevegan.com/

Cheers,
SandraX

Jeanette...Poor Tillie!!!!! And poor you too! I am so sorry that your baby girl was hurt. I am sure she will be up and around again soon. Hope you get some sleep tonight so that you can be a little more rested for your big ride tomorrow. I will have my pom poms out and ready to cheer you on!

Sandra...That darn chocolate! DD was tired and cranky today too from her sleepover last night...so I put her down for a nap! I hope you can do the same! I laid down too, but started coughing up my other lung, so here I am!

Well, boards are a bit quiet today. Hope everyone is well....See you guys later!

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Jeanette- OMG!! I am sooooo sorry that Tillie was injured like that!!! I am glad that she's going to be okay and up chasing cats soon! I hope that you had a good day at the triathalon!

SandraX- I have to laugh because of your "vegan" comment. We got a patient last night after open heart surgery (130 kg) who's husband said that she's vegan.....but has only been for 3 days! No, that's not vegan, that's playing! It reminded me of our patients that say that they don't smoke, but used to and when we ask them when they quit, it's right before they roll into the ER! Good luck with your food lifestyle. I know that I have a hard time with it and need to get back in the groove of clean eating!

Everyone else- I hope that you have a good evening!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.