Xers Sunday ~ Football Day ~

teddy16410

Cathlete
Sorry guys thats all I could think of this morning!Tracy has spoiled me rotten by being poster of the morning!
I'll do personals later when DH is watching the Texans in the comfort of his recliner & I am weeding thru a weeks worth of mail ....

Sounds like everyone is working out mean & hard.... planning starting tomorrow off with L&G Extreme Standing unless I feel inspired when we get home today....

Tracy, Nicole, Debra- You all are so good about keeping new pics up! I was lucky to figure it out the 2 x I did- wont push my luck! LOL

RC is still reminding me its lower body focus.... it is what it is! I'm tired of talking, thinking, reading about! LOL

TEDDYGIRL- Before I forget again----I cook shark like I cook any fish.... Grill/Broil/ Bake
Emeral Lagasse Seasoning of some sort OR Lemon Pepper Seasoning (+ extra pepper)and usually lemom slices on top....
DH likes his battered and fried so I compromise and atter & bake his.

Back after we are safe and sound & I have a computer that loads more quickly than my great grandmother! }( }(

XXOOXOXO

Jeanette:
http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?...ic_id=20885&mesg_id=20885&listing_type=search

Cathe talks about Tennis Elbow..... Not sure if that is same as Golfers Elbow but might help....

I found an old ASK CATHE thread talking about the shoulders/RC issues... Some enlightening info about too much Chest work in relation to rear delts, back work... hmmmmmmm so many pushups for me lately + heavied up on chest work..... hmmmmmm going to research this theory further. Also going to order FRAMEWORK (I think thats the one by Cathes dr) ....

Hi all,

I actually slept until 7. It was wonderful. Yesterday I was awake at 5:10.

Traci - Yes, the musclular imbalance thing. I read about that in relation to my back injury and I'm convinced that was a contributing factor to my back injury. Plus tight abductors and hips. That's why I have strictly gone back to using Cathe's formats for working out. That way I feel like I'm keeping everything balanced. I may modify a hand or arm position, but I generally follow the same exercises, except on pushup/pull up day, but I do a variety of push ups that put emphasis on other muscle groups (On one of her extra workouts, she does push ups/ dips/ and pull ups for 3-4 cycles). I've also worked hard to strengthen the rear delts. After doing all of the push ups in the X I just felt like I had a slight imbalance. I usually insert some dips when I do push/pull up work to add emphasis to the delts (I know the exercise isn't specifically designed to target that muscle.) I also think that all of this shows that there is definitely a science to working out. Especially when you get into working out so consistently with heavier weights.

Did you balance your heavier chest work with heavier back work? Even assisted pull ups? They seem to work almost all of the upper body.

Live and learn; I know I scoured the internet for information about back injuries, I had the pages bookmarked, read them over and over, and I think it got to the point where I just had to give it up. What's done is done and I blame most of my injury on my stupidity.

I think I'll go read some more on squatting:)I'm still tight, so yesterday after going heavy, I went light and tried to really focus on my form.

Later, enjoy the day.

Tracy

Good morning. I feel like a slug lately. This week I have been skimping on the workouts and today I will probably do the same. I feel like I am falling apart right now. I have a slight cold, my back still hurts and my elbow is also hurting(thanks for the link Traci). Thank goodness it is football day :). That gives me something to do.

My youngest and I went hiking (not too much hiking though, he still is a little one) last week and he loved it. So I think that once a week we will go exploring up in the mountains. Have to get a walking stick so we don't run into those rattlers. Yikes!

Traci X - How are you feeling this morning. Guess I should really read your post. Interesting how too much chest work can give you your injury. Thank you for the link on the tennis elbow.How has the bay without your babies been? Remind me that I have to get working on that trip of yours.

Tracy X - Good sleeping for you. Sometimes we all need to sleep in like that. Your avatar is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

For the rest that follow, good morning. I hope all of you have a great Sunday.

Lea

Good morning,
Today is the group bike ride. Looks like a gorgeous morning. I should be home a little after noon or 1:00 this afternoon. Then I absolutely have to mow the yards. I can't procratinate any more as I have a busy week ahead.

Traci, I'm glad you are on your way back home. Hope the drive was safe. Bet your pups will be sooooo happy to see you. I sent you some pictures so glad you are on your way to a better connection, rather than having to open the pics with a slow computer/connection. Thanks so much for the link re: tennis elbow. Yes, tennis and golf elbows are similar, only tennis is on the outside of the elbow, while golfer's is on the inside. I will definitely be stretching and strengthening.

Tracy, glad you could sleep in today. I did the same thing. I have to go put the bike rack on the jeep now as we are supposed to be carpooling to the start of the ride. Usually, I jost put my bike inside the jeep, but then that leaves no room for anyone else.

Lea, good to hear from you. I too have a couple of injuries myself. Having a cold is a bummer too. I was wondering how the hiking went. Any pictures? Hope you don't run across any snakes. Enjoy the football game today. My DH watches only a little bit. He prefers NASCAR and so do I. However, I can't watch anything until I get those lawns mowed.

Hi to everyone,

Jeanette

Good Morning :)

Quick check in before heading out to church. This morning I did hour run and abs.

After, church my sisters are taking me to Ruby Tuesday for my birthday tomorrow. Have a bless day all:)

Good Morning Ladies,

Got B&G floorwork only done last night. Didn't get around to doing yoga. Will today with Eoin. It feels like TTOM is around the corner. Is it Traci? LOL

Had 7 grain hot cereal with golden raspberries my gf's ds grew for breakfast. It was Thai food for lunch: a little bit of spicy chicken salad and Nam Prig On (steamed vegetables, boneless/skinless chicken breast with northern thai tomato and herb sauce).:9 And, TGIF with dh for dinner. Today will be Thai food leftovers.

It was nice seeing the Thai restaurant's owner. I think she's put having a baby on the back burner. She offered her niece $22,000 for her eggs. But, her niece doesn't want to go to Thailand for the procedure or take the drugs to stimulate ovulation. Thankfully, I'm too old to give her my eggs because that sure is tempting!!!! Nope! My eggs are priceless! Ha-Ha!!!

It was nice spending time with dh. He's been working 12 hour shifts. This weekend he's working short 8 hour days.;-) The extra work won't last forever. So, he has to take it when it comes.

Have to open another window for personals. BBS!

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

AOL had a newsflash about a deadly airplane crash in Thailand commuting from Bangkok to Phuket. 74 people died and 14 are missing. I'll have to reconsider transportation to the southern beaches. Maybe, we'll take the train instead, or we can tip the bus driver if he keeps the speed under 90 mph.

I am full! Just ate some spicy chicken salad. There's still enough left over for another meal. Either they have a better cook because the food there has gotten better (more ethnic tasting). I also think they want to fatten me up. I wonder if it's a tactic to gain control over my eggs?}(;-)

TG: I read on VF that the new P90X workouts are scheduled to be released around Dec. Great time since I'll be broke!!! Happy Birthday a day early!!!! Have a good time with your sis. It's not your birthday YET! Try to be good to yourself. Save some calories for tomorrow or it's definitely BIG girl panties for you!!!:7

Jeanette-X: When you're done, can you mow my yard too? Ever since eldest ds left for bootcamp, the yard has seen a mower once!!! I've gotta delegate better!}( What's the average mph for your group rides? There's a women's bike group in Philly with a 19mph average for their rides. Not with my bike!!!! My you were chatty last night! Did you have an espresso nightcap? Why do you think I pay so much to get my hair colored? The scalp massages are long and wonderful! My hairdresser makes sure I get a shampoo girl with strong fingers.:7 You are such a good dd. What a nice gift to give your parents!!! Thanks for the pedal advice. If Phil continues to work long hours, I may just have the local bike shop put them on for me. I'll email you later today.

Lea-X: How's the raw food eating going? Are you eating raw 100%? I guess sniffing chicken soup vapors is out of the question?;-) There's always Vicks. I hated it when my parents would make me breathe in steamed Vicks with a blanket over my head. The workouts can wait till you're feeling better.

Tracy-X: Sleep is good!:) Are you saying that Cathe has balanced chest work and P90X doesn't? I'm too new to all of this to have an opinion. I do like how yoga is exposing any of my muscular imbalances and helping to maintain any muscle balances. I don't have near the amount of DOMS after power heated yoga as I did after my first class.

Traci-X: What is Framework? Are the PHH workouts lacking in back work? MIL gave me some Emeril seasoning. I haven't used it yet. Does Wendell consider seasoned baked fish a compromise? LOL

Debra-X: LOL on spending dh's money. Good plan! Have fun at the game!!!

Laurie-XX: Congrats to your dd!!! Your youngest dd probably worked just as hard being the only one in class!

Nicole-X: I like Power Yoga. I'm still not completely sold on the heated part. I'm guessing that the heat helps you go deeper in your stretches. I don't know. I can produce a lot heat on my own!!! I don't mind getting drenched in sweat if I have two large towels; one for my mat and one to wipe off my face. By the end of class, it looks like I took a shower in my sweat. My clothes and hair are literally soaked and dripping!!! Nice shopping trip!!!! It always more fun to shop with an enabler! The only time I buy heels is when Phil is along with me begging. LOLOLOL}( Phil and I had a long conversation about being a Bible believing Christian and practicing yoga. I do feel uncomfortable with some aspects of it. I don't participate in the parts that make me feel uncomfortable. Just because I hear the instructors share their theological beliefs during corpse pose, doesn't mean that I agree with it. Sometimes, I agree with parts of it. 2+2 will always equal 4 if you KWIM. It gives me something to think about -- how what they are saying lines up with the Bible -- while trying to balance and relax my body. So, I guess I'm balancing my mind in a different way. LOL I kinda look at it the same as the Hebrews plundering the Egyptians. Take what you find worthy and leave the rest. I read about PraiseMoves. I think for this lady, she was so deep into the Eastern philosophy that she's a bit hyper-sensitive because she placed so much spiritual connection to the physical part before becoming a Christian. I have no control over someone else's intention. If they want to praise whomever or whatever through movements and breathing, so be it. My intention is to use those movements as is... a physical workout. I don't see Cathe saying to exhale while lifting for anything other than to keep yourself safe while lifting. I don't buy some of the anti-yoga argument about causing a weaker brother to stumble. It's like reformed alcoholics. I'm not inviting them to any of my keg parties!:p Not that I have any, but if I did...LOL Maybe, I should have emailed you this.

Okay ladies, laundry and housework are calling!

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Hi all,

So since I didn't go ride my bike today I did a combination of IMAX one and DM cardio only alternating intervals and blasts. I decided that IMAX one is harder.

Wendy - I'm not necessarily saying that the X in unbalanced. I think that sometimes I tend to slack off or ignore exercises that are difficult for me and focus on others; therefore creating an imbalance. Interesting on the spiritual side of yoga. I've never been to a class, so I'm not sure how much emphasis they actually put on the spiritual stuff. Since I do it at home, I'm free to believe whatever I want:)

Tracy

Tracy,

Do you think it's harder to do step? I always find step workouts are more taxing on my body than other forms of cardio.

I understand what you're saying about slacking off on exercises that are personally difficult. I think that's why the X rotation worked so well for me. I couldn't avoid doing ARX since it was on the rotation. When I'm left to my own devices, I hardly ever include additional core work on a consistent basis.

Oh, you're free to believe whatever you want in a yoga studio too. LOL How much spiritual focus really depends on the studio and instructor. The lady Nicole and I were talking about used to teach yoga. She said that a lot of Western yoga studios water down the spiritual side of yoga because many don't believe in reincarnation. She said something to the effect that every sequence and breathing pattern are designed to make one lightheaded and to achieve an out of body experience. She explained how the movements hold religious meanings. And, that may very well be the intention of some practicing yoga. That's what I meant about that not being my intention. As I've talked about before, I can become light headed without yoga! Ha-Ha During yoga, I'll back off if I get too tired. Safety first! And, I don't think I could have an out of body experience if I tried! Too many fat cells holding me down. LOL

At the Iyengar studio, they begin their class with the instructor chanting something in Hindi and the class repeats it. It goes on for at least 5 minutes. I have no idea what they are saying which is probably a good thing. At the end, the Iyengar instructor didn't go into any theological speech or suggest we empty our minds. He said that it was not a time to empty your minds. Your mind should be actively working to relax your muscles and to balance your weight evenly. I liked that approach. Mind-body connection isn't 100% evil. LOL At the end, he asked us to bow to the spirit of ??? which is in all of us as we are part of the universe. Well, I don't mind bowing out of respect or having my dc bow after a performance, but I don't feel comfortable doing it with his meaning. So, I choose not to. And, they have their definition of Namaste printed and pasted to the door. You can't miss it. It was a long definition with a meaning that goes against my one God belief. So, I don't say that word casually anymore. But, I always thank the instructor for a good workout/stretch and attention to form. I still wish them well!

At the Baron Baptiste affiliated studio, the instructors have you do some of the Ommmms at the beginning and end. The only time I do Ommmms is when I am working with my twins' oral motor skills. We use it conjunction with other oral motor exercises. It helps to numb their hyper sensitive mouths due to sensory integration. Since I don't see any physical reason to do it before or after working out, I don't do it. This studio is where the instructors offer their theological tidbits during corpse pose. Sometimes they mention Jesus or a biblical reference as part of their world view. For example, the instructor said, "It doesn't matter if Moses parted the Red Sea, it only matters if you have faith." Okay, I truly believe Moses parted the red sea. No, biggie here. But, faith in what? Some of their answer doesn't agree with the belief in monotheism. They always mention faith and love. They don't guide you to empty your minds and fill it with their tidbits though. But, they've never instructed us to balance our weight evenly and keep the mind active. At the end, they ask you to lift your palms pressed together to your third eye (forehead) in worship to whatever god or spirit you believe in. Then they tell you to bow to one of the Hindi gods. I forget the name of her. As you can already guess, I don't.

Sorry you asked?:7

Gotta get moving. Daylight is fading!

Wendy

Wendy - Your comments put a smile on my face. I guess ignorance is bliss because I really had no idea what namaste meant or symbolized. I think that I'll continue to practice yoga in the sactity of my home and use it as a great way to stretch out my old tight body and clear my overworked mind. I did get light headed once, and decided that, I'd better eat more and move the weights out of the way. I surely didn't want to fall and have my face hit that hard steel. I really didn't want to be light headed either. For me, that is a sure physical sign that something isn't quite right. I have never brought myself to chant, it's just not in my nature. I can see it as a way to concentrate on something and clear the head for a few minutes. Shiva has a spiritual side, but I just apply my own beliefs; yoga people would probably cringe if they knew. If I did ever go to a yoga studio, and I walked in and bowed, in my mind that would be the equivalent of "Hey, how are you doing?" It's interesting how perceptions/ experiences/and beliefs lead to such radical differences in meaning. I believe that I can do yoga, benefit from it, in my own little world. Like I said, ignorance is bliss. I hope I haven't offended any yogis (sp).

Off to cook dinner. I haven't done much today except play on the computer, workout, and wash a few clothes.

Tracy

Finally here with Sunday Personals!!!
Hope all the MIA Xers are enjoying their Sunday.....

[i ]WENDY-X[/i]
Nice job doing your floor work last night! ^5! Give DH lots of hugs!!!! ~ HORRID about the plane crash! I cant look at those things until I am back in Houston after CA trip. Hoarding in on your TRACY / P90X / Balance discussion… I know for a fact that my RC problems STARTRED with X- There was a Shoulder exercise that I attributed it to (cant recall name) and I stopped doing that move altogether… BUT as far as balance- I think ANYTIME you lift max reps vs Cathe style you run the risk of not being balanced. I think that’s the biggest lessons I am learning… IT DOES MATTER TO MY BOD!….

[i ]TRACY-X[/i]
CONGRATS on the sleep-in today! 7am!!! That’s almost a record for you! LOL at your online activity today!!!! I was FOCUSED all day on getting the laundry dented and playing w/ pups! Question on dips/rear delts… Would that be a good one once my shoulder is healed? Also- using the step for dips… is it “easier” on shoulders based on hand position? I usually do them with hands (arms) directly below shoulder but have seen others do them with hands just outside the booty. Any thoughts? ~ On balanceing the back with my increased chest… “DOI” – no I did not- well at least not intentially… I did up my weights but not near as much as I did by using the BB for almost all chest work. Nice sub w/o today! Still working those legs hard I see!

[i ]TEDDYGIRL[/i]
So Ruby Tuesday was on the agenda I see! FABULOUS! ROFL on Wendys Big Girl Panties comment!

[i ]JEANETTE-X[/i]:
Arent you Ms Outdoor Woman!? I so envy your endless energy to get so many wonderful things done in a week. Have you ALWAYS been the Live Life To The Fullest kinda gal? I missed that gene (along with sooooo many others!) THANKS for pics… Havent opened yet as I had so many emails to weed thru and I want to soak them up! I’ll be taking a peek around 3am probably!

[i ]LEA- X BB [/i]
{{{{{{{{LEA}}}}}}} So whats going on with my buddy? Have you caught a bug? I say take it easy til you feel better… Those hikes with DS sound like enough exercise when you aren’t well. I think my niece threw a damper in my hook up with Lea plans… she announced this weekend that she has taken 3 vacation days to spend it all with me…. I doubt I’ll be able to shake the family for a day…. I’m still trying tho!

OK gang- MORE laundry awaits!!! Busy week ahead.... XXOO

Forgot to say..... The clips look VERY scary to me- the choreography looks so challenging and I am STILL fumbling with step moves from the ones I do all the time.... I see MANY modifications to all that fancy richochet stuff! LOL

Traci - The clips look pretty intense and that's why I added in the step cardio today, plus I didn't feel like spending so much time with the bike. I'm not sure about your question related to the shoulders and dips. I do think that the shoulders work to stabilize the body while doing dips and it seems like the rear delt is being recruited more than the other heads. I was reading on TNation this morning about core work and they were doing push ups using an upside down bosu with the feet elevated 18". Along with working deep core muscles, the article said that the exercise really helps to strenthen the shoulder girdle. I feel like dips work in a similar fashion.

Tracy

Hi ladies :) :)

I'm headed to bed just popped in to see what you guys are up too. We had a wonderful time, I over ate of course mainly sweets, but hey that's what birthdays and family is about enjoying oneselves, right?

Well, I'm off to la..la..land have a wonderful night.

night...night...:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.