Xers....Succulent Saturday

wkoutmom

Cathlete
Good morning. Just starting us off this Saturday. I can't be up before everyone else....can I??

I hope you all have a great day.

Lea

Hi all,

Happy Saturday everyone. I may start the X today, but I haven't decided yet. I have to look at a calendar and then figure out how I'm going to incorporate running and leg work. It might be more trouble than it is worth.

I'll BBL,

Tracy

Has there been some kind of planetary mix up that Lea is starting us off today???? Hope all is well in your workout worlds this morning. I am definitely doing yoga this morning...DD had a little breakdown late last night...she is scared that her dad won't show up like he did in October..and I just got a text message from him saying that his plane was delayed and he will not make his connection here in the States....I don't how to explain this to her in a way that she will understand that he is still coming, but will be a little late. Have I mentioned that I have not been looking forward to this event??

Lea..
Waving to you miss early bird!! Hope you guys are all doing well!

Tracy...
Glad you got into the run once you got started. I do that all the time where I just don't feel like working out, but once I get into things are fine. Let us know what you decide on the X!

Jeanette...
How much long is your sister around?? If she is just used to short workouts you must be killing her...LOL! I think it is so important (especially once you reach a certain age) to keep yourself as fit and healthy as possible...as well as doing weight bearing exercises to keep the osteoporosis at bay. I will be relieved when this whole visit with XDH is over...He leaves on January 4th...and I will be glad to get back into my normal routine with the holidays over and him gone. I know the visit is not going to go a bad as I am anticipating...but it is not going to be any fun either. The Water Horse movie was good...We all enjoyed it. I love my wireless computer. In fact, I am typing while I am lying in bed right now....LOL!

Traci...
Waving to you at the bay..Hope you can come play for a little while today!

Okay...I guess I had better get up and get going...I am sure the dog is hungry and I really need to work on the laundry still. I am sure I will be back later to say hello!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Lea, Tracy, Debra:7 Good morning early birds!

Lea {{{{huggers on sickies!}}}
Tracy {{{ huggers on making an 'X'-cellent choice by mornings end
Debra {{{huggers to DD & XDH visit}} Maybe he could call her this morning from airport?

Yesterday was a super difficult day at home for me... weepy all day.... no workout but got 2 hours of carpet cleaning in.... I watched some TiVo'd shows & that was the only way to stop the weeping... It was nt as hard being at bay as I thought- actually some relief... It was so stressful & difficult for Sandy & I here the last year- she just couldnt do all the things she loved to do anymore.

Its cold here (40's) & the space heaters are cranked just to keep me from hiding under covers... The sun should come out later so I'll go fish w/ DH if that happens.

I am going to re-do this week of X (Phase 2 / Week 1) I just havent had my heart into anything so rather than stress out about it I am just going to start fresh on Monday .......

I will get back to post personals from yesterday in a bit- I'm always worried about losing my dial-up connection.

XXOO

Back With some Friday Tid-bits....

Forgot to tell ya- My nephew is back home again- 24 hrs later- WTH!? I think the Bakersfield medical community may leave a little to be desired! - like I'm a Dr or something! ;-)

Jeanette: i see we may both re-doing this week of X.... Personally if ARX is the only thing missed I wouldnt re-do the week but you are more dedicated to the cause than I! LOL....I cannot imagine losing 2 pets in such a short span of time... You & DH must have leaned heavily on each other to get thru that time. .... On the push up bars.I like them because the imbalance forces me to keep my core engaged...Its easier on the wrists but I do find that I have to have my passed lifted gloves on for my hands- lets face it, regardless of the contraption there will be pressure on SOMETHING just because of body weight. If you have wrist issues they may work but I think just regular pushup bars would help with that. The bars work the core more (imo) plus to stabilize them it provides even more upper body work for me.

Nicole- How funny about JC! I actually started as the Regional for Houston (thats when I left CA) and after 6 years of that I was an International Franchise Consultant... 3 weeks of traveling to 15 markets - a great job if you dont need/want a real life...! small world isnt it?- WooHoo on the plus order!!! You'll have it long before I get mine! - Hope the back is doing better today.

TRACY: Congrats on getting the plus ordered! I have it on my calendar for Monday... I wonder if they'll be on backorder by that time? - On your question to dbl XX team... I really cant say as I have been half hearted for most of it thus far... My head hasnt been in the gamme... I think Laurie got ALOT of her round 2 tho....

SANDRA: I do believe you are messing with us about all your jiggle... If YOU jiggle with all that cardio then I for sure GIVE UP! LOL.... Congrats on the new BIG mirror!!! I dont think I could handle one big one.... all the little ones are fine for me - maybe thats why I dont see jiggle!.... Hope that January 2nd helps all of us to get back to our routines and thus focus more on our workouts...Dead serious about never noticing Eoin... LOLOL - I tell ya if you dont slap me in the face with some things I just dont see it.... Now my memory is another thing- I can recall conversations from years ago - at least during times of non-stress...When I'm stressed I cant recall my phone number! - Wish I could forget how to eat! LOL

Carol::: I am so sorry you are struggling with health....X is very taxing and I think it can contribute to a lower immune capacity. Take it easy. Happy to hear the shoulder is good! Ya cant be on BOTH the IL & Sick list!

Debra::: I do hope you get your yoga in as planned.... OHMMMMM

Love to all

Classic/ Week 6/ Day 6/ KenpoX

Good morning,

I slept in today. I don't have much time to fiddle on the computer this morning. I will be doing KenpoX in an hour or so. Have a great workout everyone! I'll come back later for more chatting.

Cheers,
Sandra

PS. I ordered the P90X+ workouts last night, but via standard post, so probably won't see them for at least 3 weeks. I'm still waiting for my Cathe calendar.

PPS. Tracy...what was your decision on the X? Curious minds want to know!

Hi all,

Traci - I thought this might be difficult for you. If I had been cleaning the carpet I probably would have been crying buckets and sobbing as I moved that wand back and forth, back and forth. And then there is the whole bay thing. I'm sure it will get easier, but that takes time. Sounds like the push up handles might be a good idea, but I can't spend any more money.

Sandra - I'm still on the fence, but I'm leaning towards the X to give my legs a little break. My lower half is stiff more often than not and I am probably reaching a point of overtraining that half.

Tracy

Hello, I was wondering if it's okay for me to join your check in? DH got me P90X for Christmas and I plan to start the rotation on Tuesday. I've been doing Cathe's monthly rotation along with running for the last few years now and am ready for a change. Kim

Hi Kim,

You are welcome to join our checkin, and we'd love to have you. I think I'm starting the X today and I'm integrating running in too. I haven't figured out exactly how I'm integrating the running, but I'll know by the end of the day. We have several people at various stages of the rotation.

Tracy

Legs & Back + CardioX

I have been avoiding the double workout all week. Here I am on Saturday and I'm afraid it must get done.

Traci-X, I thought you might be having a tough time at the bay without your Sandy there. Did you and Wendell get the tree planted? I'm glad there was some relief mixed in there to make it a little easier. {{{{HUGS}}}}:* Stay warm and enjoy your time there. I'm redoing this week too. I feel like I missed a lot.

Tracy, If you got the plus workouts, I say you should start for sure. It will be good to have you on board with us. I think PlyoX really gets the legs good and so does L&B. When I did the Classic rotation my legs were rocks. Right now there firm because they're full of fat and water;)

Debra, Ooooommmmm:eek: I know it's hard for DD to be let down by her dad but she has you and all of your family to love her and pick up his slack. At least she won't be reminded of it everyday, just when he comes to visit once a year. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Lea, I cannot believe you started the thread this morning! I guess if I'd gotten my lazy butt up I could have too:p Good to see you!

Sandra, Yeah! We'll all get the + workouts together. They look really tough! It could be a goof thing or a bad thing. None of us give up so it just might kill us:p Have fun with KenpoX I did it yesterday. I'm redoing this week with Traci because I messed it up so badly.

Kim, Welcome to our crazy little group:) You'll be happy to know you have a fellow Canadian in the group, Sandra is freezing cold with you:D There is so much knowledge and support here and we're always happy to have someone new.

Nicole

Yep, I'm still tired!!

01_10036401102.gif
[/url]

Hi!!! Boy, I look forward to seeing all the Xers together again, after the holidays. We seem like such a sparse group, compared to previous weeks.

Kim!....Welcome! Yes, please do join us for the X! Most people here have been through it once, 2 people have an XX status, and a number of us are working on obtaining our 2nd X. A couple people just hang around 'cause they like us :). Our posts can get pretty lengthy at times, but don't let that put you off. Post what and when you can. Since Nicole brought it up (like I eventually wouldn't ;) ), yes, I'm in Edmonton. Where are you?

Nicole....How do you know Kim's a Canuck? Did she write 'aboot' instead of 'about'? Oh, hey, have you ever seen that freakishly popular Molson Canadian commercial "I....am....Canadian!"? You're redoing your week? Was it really that bad? It seemed decent from this end of the screen. The first paragraph of your post yesterday could have come from my fingertips, verbatim. I think a Mother's Dictionary would define "holiday" much differently than Webster's! I wonder what other words we would define differently? Well, 'headache' wouldn't refer specifically to a pain in the head, for starters. Can you raffle the GB house off for charity, at your church maybe?

Tracy....LMAO!!!! Few people would ever write that they're starting the X to give their legs a break! I understand, though. I'm happy you're going to give it another go. You asked yesterday what the 2nd-timers are experiencing this time through. Well, I've definitely improved my core again, doing ARX 3x/week. Will you be doing that? I know you stopped doing specific core work, and ARX was an irritant for your back. Let's see....Oh, my arms have more appearance of muscle-mass. That whole t-zone from the hands, up the arms, and across the chest & back is looking really good. I likes what I see. When I watched myself doing KenpoX in the new mirror today, I thought I wouldn't want to meet me in a dark alley. I look strong and muscular. I still have issues, but I'll get into those at the end of this post. I'm not as bored this time around, probably because I'm adding in doses of Cathe cardio and legs every week. And the 3 weeks of heavy weight training every phase seems to fly by. Having said all this, you are the type of person who seems to be able to achieve this kind of high level training without needing Tony or a trainer to motivate you, and you seem to understand how to train to take yourself to the next level. So in that regard, I don't know what a second round of X will do for you. Outside of all that, I like the idea of you doing a second round, just 'cause it's fun for us to have you along for the ride. Oh, please share: what did you learn about yourself and exercise, from your first X round? And why were you tempted to buy the pull-up bar from BeachBody? Is there something in the new P90X+ workouts that make it necessary?

Traci....Oh, yay, DN is home again! The standard treatment for jaundice is usually just a few hours under some special lights. It's a very common problem for even healthy, full-term babies. Like I'm a Dr or something ;) So, the Perfect Push Up bars work the core more? Interesting. I'm REALLY looking forward to doing the new P90X+ core work that involves leg lifts on the pull-up bar. No, I'm not kidding. Okay, let me get this straight: In Eoin Finn's Power Yoga For Happiness dvd, you *have never noticed Eoin Finn*?? Is that correct?? I know you've been through a lot in recent weeks, so I'm asking you to clarify just in case your mind was elsewhere when you were writing. I'm the only one here who claims to have seen Eoin in Bryan Kest's Power Yoga Sweat video, so I'm beginning to question my own lucidity in that regard. But seriously, who else would call himself "Sonny Day"?? It's completely understandable that you would find it difficult to be at the Bay house this weekend. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. ((((Hugs)))) to you and Wendell.

Debra....Garrrggh!! Is it Jan 4 already?! I'm with you in spirit. XDH be gone!!!! CB sounds like such a gem. He must truly care about you, to try and make XDH's visit as less stressful for you as possible. Have there been any more L-bombs lately, in person or on the phone? If not, then tell him I L him for all he does for my friend Debra. You know, tonight I'm going to put the laptop in my bedroom, so I can wake up and email you all from my bed. I'll beckon DH to get me some fresh coffee, and gloriously immerse myself in the warmth of the comforter, with the tv turned onto the fireplace channel. Snap, crackle! That sounds nice. Decadent. I just noticed your avatar pic is gone. Are you changing it? Good on you for doing ARX, just for fun. That'll do you for a couple week's of core work, won't it? :) You're going to crash a wedding for NYE?! LMFAO!! I hope you bring a gift and sign it "the Wedding Crashers". I know someone who mailed oven mitts to Prince Charles and Lady Diana, as a wedding gift, just so she could get a Thank You card. And she did!

Lea....Well, so you only post when you're allowed to be the first poster hey? ;) ;) How are you feeling these days? I love your Meez. Other than the evening gown, that could be my living room you've created.

Jeanette....If all you missed this week was ARX, then I'd keep going. That's not call for a redo, IMO. Just do it once on your rest day, if you're feeling the need. Our DH's sound very similar, in a lot of respects. They'd probably get along great, especially since yours is a talker and mine's a listener (or maybe he's just ignoring me). I wonder if your sister would like Tony's new 10-minute workouts? Are they for sale yet, I wonder?

I'm going to finish this Personals post, but come back shortly to talk Fitness. I need some opinions.

Cheers,
Sandra

Yeah, yeah, it's me again. I'm obviously letting my fingers do the talking today!

As I mentioned to Tracy, above, I'm seeing excellent muscle mass in my upper body from this round of heavy weight training. However, I still have that problem with my body fat being higher than I want. I'm not considered overweight, but I want to get rid of the jiggle around the middle (yes, it's there!!), and get my underlying muscle to pop. I've been doing the Classic rotation with extra cardio and leg work. The cardio hasn't been overly intense or long. I'm trying to decide what approach I should take to reduce my bodyfat percent.

My first reaction is to drop the X and hop on board Cathe's Jan Rotation train. I'm trying to restrain myself from doing that because logically I think my current exercise approach is fine. The main deterent to losing body fat has probably been my holiday eating. Oh, and I'm probably retaining some water today from the movie popcorn I ate yesterday (Alvin & the Chipmunks...funny, good family movie).

I really want to lower my bodyfat, especially in the lower half (abdomen and thighs). I think my muscularity in the upper body is excellent; I don't want to lose that, if possible. Would you advise that I stick with my current workouts and clean up my eating, or make another suggestion?

Cheers,
Sandra

No time for a chat..just woke up from my much need nap....for some reason I haven't been sleeping well..Wonder why that can be...LOL! XDH's plane is late and I have NO IDEA when to expect him...just a little more frustration to add to my day. I am also feeling a little pain in my upper back and shoulder...I think I tweaked something with Slo Mo yesterday. Anyhoo, I am off to yoga my mind away with Eoin.

Kim...
Here is a big hearty welcome!!! We would love to have you join us!!! We are here to provide cheerleading, support, and answer and questions or craziness that may arise.

Sandra...
I am going to contemplate your jiggle dilemma and I'll be back with an answer either tonight as I sit around and wait for XDH, or in the morning as I answer you from under my comforter.

If I have time after yoga and a shower, I'll be back to catch up with personals.

Kisses to all!
Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Sandra, I am always nosy and read profiles to see where users are from. Kim is from Winnipeg. I was hoping to have another West Coaster but no luck:( At least you have a fellow Canadian that is a fan of Molson beer commercials:). I have seen the commercial and it's quite funny. Each country definitely has it's stereotypes don't they? Yes, the bad food choices are definitely sucking the life right out of me:( A few more days and I'll be a new woman:)

Jeanette, I wish I was just nibbling like you. Unfortunately I have been gorging and you sure can tell. I'm glad you get to enjoy your sisters company until tomorrow. Have fun and then come clean all of the junk out of my house too;) I should get the new workouts no later than next Thursday as in the 10th. With the holiday in there it delays it a bit. I think Traci and I are repeating this week so you're more than welcome to join us. It was just a bad week for P90X all around. I am looking forward to buckling down this coming week.

Off to clean more,

Nicole

Bring it!!!

01_10036401102.gif
[/url]

Oh my goodness, this is a chatty group;-) . I've been mainly checking in with the group that does Cathe's monthly rotations. It's going to take me awhile to get to know everyone. This seems like a great group to keep me on track to complete the whole 90 day plan. I'm sure I will have lots of questions along the way. So far I've done the fit test, previewed the dvds, and I'm excited to get started. I'm planning on waiting till Tuesday because I want Mondays as my rest days.

Just a bit about me. Yes, I live in Winnipeg;-) where we do have nice cold winters although Edmonton may be colder. DS says he wishes it was winter all year round so that he could play hockey every day. LOL I'm 38 yrs old and married to a super guy (who bought me P90X for Christmas). We just celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary. We have a ds10 and dd7 or as I sometimes call them our hockey goalie and princess which pretty much sums up their personalities. We also have one dog who is 15 and not doing so well:( We had another son who we lost to Edward's Syndrome in 1999. I work parttime as an occupational therapist. I've been working out with Cathe since ds was born 10 yrs ago and have all her dvds. I worked out with home videos before he was born but was looking for more of a challenge to get back in shape afterwards. I've run one full marathon and two half marathons. My coworkers really want me to run a full marathon with them next June. Not sure if that will work out if I finish P90X at the end of March would that be enough time to train for a mid June marathon. I might need to do some running while doing the X. Any thoughts? I might just do the half marathon if need me.

I figured by the summer Cathe's new workouts will be out and so I have my exercise schedule for the whole year pretty worked out. LOL

I would love to hear about the results that you got with your first round! Any starting tips for me? Kim

Hi all,

Over 200 push ups on my toes later, can you tell what I started? I didn't push it too much today, I want to see how I feel tomorrow. I was able to do 2 unassisted pull ups and 29 unassisted chin ups, of course not straight. I'll have to juggle the rest day, but this works best for me in order to get my runs in. I'll see how I feel tomorrow, leg wise. I may follow the rotation the first week, then add in extra leg weight work the second week. I'll post my tentative plan tomorrow. Then I did Amy's Dome workout for my core. I'm going to do a little yoga later.

Sandra - I'm glad someone is around:)I will not be doing ARX. There is no way I can do that with my back. I'm going to try to do some sort of specific core work 2x per week. How is your diet? I lowered my body fat the most with heavier weight work and consistent cardio. I would stick with what you are doing for upper, then consider the following. Most of Cathe's leg blasting rotations work legs with weights 2-3x per week and add in some sort of cardio 4-6 days. With that in mind, consider, 1) adding in some running if you possibly can, cardio wise, it gives the most bang for the buck. DS and I both have lost fat. 2)and eat a LOW fat, low carb, higher protein diet, zig zagging some carbs in when you are feeling really low on energy 3) look at the June 06 rotation and the April 06 rotation. I got great results for definition using the June 06 rotation, then took a little break and did the April 06 one, almost for 2 months. You can pretty much see every muscle in my legs now; they are the most cut they have ever been.

I think you can layer on the lower part of those rotations over the X and do both. The main thing is to work the legs with weights the specified number of times per week. If you think you bulk, just go lighter, I personally get smaller with heavier weights. I stuck to the number of days per week for cardio, but haven't stuck exactly to her cardio choices, and still got really good results. You have to feel like you are working your legs really hard to blast off the fat, and I don't think cardio alone will do it JMO. The problem with going back to doing a Cathe rotation with Cathe cardio is that if you have done those dvds numerous times, they don't have the same shock power they had at first; no matter how hard you work. Whatever cardio you choose, you probably should get something new and try to do a complete shock if you really want to blast off fat. I'd suggest Amy's Hi/Lo and her KB. They are fun, filled with plyo and she just has you moving all of your body weight around, which Cathe just doesn't do. I don't even like Hi/lo and I like hers. Of course, I'm sure there are many other ways to blast fat. This happened to work for me.

Tracy

Back for a chat since XDH's plane is not getting in until 11:15 (was supposed to be here at 6:15). I had lots of nervous energy today, so I got lots done around the house and DD is ready to go away for a couple of days with her dad. I felt like Eoin poured warm honey all over me by the time I finished tragically hips. Have I mentioned lately that I love that man?? I am still feeling tight in my upper back...and ARX has hit my abs now too (and my hip flexors, too!)...but I should be ready for a good cardio session tomorrow. Probably kickboxing to get out any extra animosity...LOL!

Also...I was on Eoin's site today and his new dvd is ready for production, so hopefully it won't be too much longer. And Sandra, at least when you order from him, it won't take you as it will for me!

Personals....

Traci...
So sorry you had such a rough day yesterday. I hope this weekend at the Bay gives you guys some reprieve. Good not to stress out about your workouts...They will be there next week. Sorry about the ups and down with your sweet nephew...sounds a bit odd to me, too. Chin up, girlie...and know that I am keeping you in my thoughts....January is only a couple of days away!

Nicole....
Hope you got that double in today. You are a better woman than me! I know all of the eating will equal out for you after the first of the year. The holidays are always rough...but just think of how fit you will be by the end of January! DD just can't take many more disappointments from her dad. I told him that he has to make more of an effort to see her more than a couple of times a year....or he is going to lose her.

Sandra...
Hi there, my Canadian friend!! I wish I could just spray some roach killer on XDH and he would just go away...LOL! Actually, I have calmed down a bit now regarding his visit. It is what it is. What else can I do? CB and I have exchanged a couple of 'L's over the holidays...and yes, he has been great. I don't think I could have asked for a better person to help me get through this emotional time. He's a lot like Eoin and his philosophy of "Just Gel don't Dwell." And I need to keep that in mind more. I can't wait to 'see' you in your pjs in the morning all snuggled under your cozy covers chatting with us! I don't know why you can't see my avatar...it's still there...I was going to change it the other day, but I never got around to it. Aren't you proud of me for doing ARX??? I'll try to do it once a month or so. I really like all of the things that Tracy said in her post about your fitness issues...Eating, of course, is key (like I am one to talk...lol!) but I think she may have hit on something by changing up your cardio to shock your body a bit and get it moving in a way it hasn't before. I have learned to live with the jiggle in my tummy. I am just not willing to give up the things I enjoy eating to get rid of it. My legs still have some jiggle, too, but since I have incorporated leg work once a week plus yoga once or twice a week my legs are pretty darn taunt. For me, extra cardio really makes me soooooo much more hungry that it is detrimental to my fitness...so I keep my cardio down to 2 maybe 3 times a week. I guess if I were you I would keep with the X for now...clean up your eating...add a day of weighted leg work...and make sure at least one of the cardios you do per week is a plyo type that uses your lower body a lot. then maybe after the X maybe you can start a Cathe rotation that focuses on legs and add some other cardio that your body is not used to doing. Just some rambling thoughts for you to consider.

Tracy...
I am always amazed at your physical fitness! I don't think I was up to 200 push ups by the end of my first round of the X...and here you are starting at that!! Wonderful job with the chin ups too! I imagine you are spending some time with Shiva right now. How is DH lately? Has he gotten over his snit? My XDH is stuck in DC right now waiting for his plane to take off for here. Not sure if he is at Dulles or Reagan, though. I'm sorry that ARX bothers your back so much....why is that?? I don't seem to have any back problems with that one...but obviously everyone is different! My legs get smaller with heavier weight work too...although, I go nowhere near as heavy as you! So, you are off work until Wednesday? Any big plans?

Kim...
So nice to have you join us! I am so sorry you lost a child to Edward's syndrome...I read a little about it and it must have been devastating for you guys. Don't be overwhelmed by our long posts...just jump in where you can! It won't take you too long to figure out everyone. A little about me.....I did the X last year about this time...and that is when I joined this little group. There are a lot of people who are doing their second and third rounds, but once was enough for me!! I did learn a lot from the experience and I have been able to translate that into making my own rotations for the most part. I am 40 years old and live in North Carolina with my 6yo DD, who is also a princess, a large stinky dog, who we all love, and an aging cat. My husband and I are in the process of getting a divorce. He is currently working in Russia and is actually headed home tonight to visit DD. I am starting school (again) this coming up semester to be a physical therapy assistant. I will be interested to hear your stories on occupational therapy. Marathons, hunh??? Wow! I have never done one of those, but I admire folks who do. I am the resident cheerleader and nap taker and I love Eoin Finn's yoga. I guess that about sums it up!!

Okay...just got word from XDH that he will be in at 11:45...UGH. I m feeling pretty tired tonight and really could use a good night's sleep...but oh, well!! I will see you guys late morning after I get DD off with XDH. Hope everyone has a great night.

Debra

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Hi everyone,
Overslept this morning so didn't get the Legs & Back workout in. I did go out with my sister this morning for coffee and some shopping. We planned on working out at 3:30 this afternoon, but got a call before then that Grandma had been complaining of crushing chest pain. Sister called hospital and they sent paramedics to the house and drove her to the hospital. After some tests, they then transferred her by helicopter to the hospital in Reno. My Mom and sister drove over to Reno (90 miles from here) and are with her now. Think it's been determined that something happened (heart attack) as her enzymes are elevated. I'm sure they will do some more tests, but she may be coming home tomorrow. I don't think she's been feeling real well lately, but then at age 93, what is normal? Hoping she will be home soon. Anyway, no workout for me today. I'm hoping that I'll get to do a bike ride tomorrow. It's warmed up considerably. If the roads are dry and the weather isn't too bad, I'll be out there. I'm really thinking I should have a do-over on P90X for this week as it's not a good effort for me.

Lea, good to see you this morning. How's everything going?

Debra, sorry about DD's uncertainty about her dad coming. Hopefully, by now he is here and enjoying time with her. Crossing my fingers that there is no outward drama between the 2 of you that will upset her. Glad you enjoyed the Water Horse movie. We were going to have a pizza and movie night tonite with everyone over here, but with Grandma in the hospital, those plans all got changed. My sister was going to leave in the morning, but think they will leave on Monday morning instead. I'm hoping my sister will keep up with the exercise. I'm hoping she will discover that working out with DVD's are more convenient than "trying" to get to the gym, with her busy life, is tough to do. She did Body Fusion from Basic Step the other morning and liked it. Take care of those aches and pains. Maybe a long soak in the tub will help, or a good massage.

Traci, hoping that the sadness is easing some. Don't worry about the workouts, we'll all start back up later. Hey, life happens. We just have to roll with the flow. Glad you have Wendell to hold onto during this time. How was the fishing today? DS hasn't gone the last couple of days, it's been so very cold at the lake. Traci, I will restart P90X (Phase 2) over again with you on Monday. Thank you for the comments on the push up bars. The wrists just feel so tightly stretched when doing pushups.

Sandra, glad I'm not the only one that slept in this morning. The other reason it's been tougher to work out in the morning is that I have DS and GF's son on the couches, people trying to sleep everywhere. What can I say, working out has been at a different level this week, but worth it as I've gotten to share my workouts or modified workouts with my sister. That doesn't happen very often as she lives about 500 miles away and I only see her maybe once or twice a year. Sounds like you are getting some great results with P90X. I was starting to before Christmas, starting to see the leanness in my upper body again, and core looking better. All about the eating. I really don't care about getting larger muscle size. I'm so short and squatty that that more muscle on short limbs isn't the look I want. I'll have to check out those 10 minute workouts by Tony. Funny, I picture my sister someday really liking step workouts as she used to love modern dance and anything artsy. I'm thinking Christi Taylor someday for her. Oh well, I can hope. She is pretty wrapped up in some other projects right now, but who knows. She's only 4'11" but weights around 138 right now. Short legged and armed like me. She has stopped her diet coke drinking as she thinks it makes her more bloated. She's got a pretty good lower belly pooch going and know she hates it. All of us girls in the family carry our weight on the lower side, like our dear mama. Genetics for sure. My DH doesn't seem too competitive about anything at all. Wish I could get him out golfing this spring with me. For some reason, I think he could like it, but he'd probably like it a lot better if he could take his "girls" and that wouldn't be allowed of course. He sure loves his girls. My sister and BIL were cracking up at him yesterday. They were following behind him in another car. Our German Shorthair sits right next to him in the little Ranger pickup. Looked like Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars next to him. Other times, it looks like a girlfriend from behind. I know you'll get rid of the jiggle. I was feeling leaner up until Christmas parties hit so felt like the Lean Rotation was working for me, though I was watching my eating and know that's a huge part of it all.

Kim, please do join us!!! We would love to have you. This is a great checkin, if you haven't noticed already. Some of these ladies are very, very knowledgeable about exercise and rotations and can think outside the box. Another Canadian is great and now Sandra won't be the lone ranger in that regard. Nice to read about your life. What is Winnipeg country like? Do you get lots of snow? I wish I liked running, maybe I'll try it again this year, but cycling is so much easier on my poor bones. What is an occupational therapist? So very sorry to hear about your son. I will have to look up what Edwards Syndrome is. So glad you are joining us. It's like a family here, but we love to have others join, so not a closed family at all. I know Fitmom on one of the checkins was doing P90X and working toward a 1/2 marathon or some other running event. Maybe she'll be able to answer your question re: training and doing P90X at the same time.

Nicole, I'll be restarting this next week with you too. Will you be incorporating the new workouts into this rotation? Can't wait to hear how they are. I'm looking forward to some normalcy next week. Up until the holiday preps, weren't you getting some good results?

Tracy, glad you are starting P90X, must be the Classic rotation with all of those pushups already. I really admire your determination and motivation. Yes, LOL re: getting a break by doing P90X. How is FIL doing? Okay, that did it, I'm ordering Amy's Hi-Lo tomorrow. Do you have a bike club in your area? I'm itching to ride tomorrow, or then maybe I'm itching for a non-fat chai latte from Starbuck's afterwards. I really love the time we all sit and chat afterwards. Right now it's 8:30 at night and 41 degrees outside, which is much warmer than it's been. I was checking out the shoulders of the roads today and most all of the snow is plowed way back so if it's not raining or snowing, biking looks doable.

Well, must check off here. Hoping to be back on here tomorrow with some kind of a workout. I did get my new dishes washed and put away, old ones taken out, vacuumed, dusted, put clothes away so feel good about that. Will be nice to be outside tomorrow breathing that clean air. I wish I could golf too, but there is still snow on the ground. I'm not that hardcore you know.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.