Xers......Stablatic Saturday.... Nov. 24, 2007

FiddleFit

Cathlete
Good morning! You know it's a holiday weekend in the US when I'm starting the thread! My coffee's hot and fresh. How's yours?

I will be doing KenpoX this morning.

Off to catch up with yesterday.
Sandra

My, it's too quiet. I may have to get a hobby or something to occupy my time until you all get back. Has anyone checked Wendy's blog lately? Maybe I'll do that next. I hope the journey went well for her, and she's settling in.

TRACI......Ack! What sort of party you got going on there? Who's this guest? It's got to be extremely hard to stop eating when you're stuck in the house on a cold, windy day, you have company, and the fridge is full of TG leftovers. It would take someone stronger than me to resist all that. Can you get out of the house for a bit, go for a drive, and clear your head a bit? Get some alone time?

DEBRA......You managed to get tickets to Hannah Montana? Wow. You ARE super-mom!! Fortunately my DD hasn't shown any interest in her, but from what I hear on tv, she's pretty popular with the kids. You need a few days rest to prepare for that, so don't feel bad. I hope your germs have moved on to some other poor soul. How did your dinner go, btw? Did your friends adjust to CB being your new male companion? Are mini-mules the same as miniature horses? DH's uncle has a miniature horse farm. They're cute. Horse wanna-bes.

JEANETTE......The priest's name is Tony?? So, you've been GolfX-ing it all this time. There's a thread on the AC forum about whether Cathe will include men in the STS series. She replied that she's trying to, but that Brad Pitt, etc. weren't available. I wanted to suggest that she ask Tony Horton, but good manners restrained me. Wouldn't that be a hoot? I bet they'd work well together. They both play so nicely in my dvd player. DD#2 is still barking like a seal. I brought her into our bed again last night because she kept waking up, crying. At 5am she sat up and started crying that she wanted to go back to her own bed! I've never met a kid who preferred to sleep alone! She takes after her mother, obviously (I daydream of a house with my own bedroom). Have a great time on the Rhino this weekend. I cook well enough for the both of us. So, you entertain me, and I'll feed you, okay? Are you preparing yourself for the X Round 2 by seeing what happens when the workout hits 60mins? I can't wait for Monday, when you all are starting.

The snowflake craft turned out really well yesterday. The rice krispie Xmas trees did, too. The kids decorated them with candy and icing. It was a nice day, albeit busy. The coffee maker gave up the ghost y-day morning, and since it's one of those items one cannot live without, I had to do an emergency shop last night. I found a coffee maker that brews all the coffee inside itself, and then you just push your mug against a button to fill your cup. It keeps the coffee nice and hot without burning it, for hours. I really like it. It looks hot. :)

Well, I miss you all. Come home soon, please. I can only amuse myself for so long.

Have a great day!
Sandra

Hi all,

Yes Sandra, I'm usually up way before this. I woke up at 5:15, turned the heat down because it seemed like it had been running all night. It drives me nuts because the heater is right outside our bedroom window. Then I fell back asleep for 2 more hours. So here I sit. I was trying to throw together a short paper for this class I'm taking. It won't be much and I don't miss sitting over papers and doing all of that cra*. I do enjoy the class though. Any news on the thesis? It seems like it has been a long time. The longer it takes them it seems like the harder it will be to go back to it.

Yesterday I did an easy 35 or so minute run. I wouldn't have gone, but I needed to get the dogs out. My legs felt overworked. Then I did Strong Free and Happy. I like that one because it adds some different poses, some of which I can't do. All I can say is along with being like Gumby, those people have incredible upper body strength.

I put Amy's step dvd in while I was vacuuming to try to preview the next two sections. It was a little hard to do both, but the step looks like lots of fun. I did get a little cleaning done yesterday, called to make an appointment for the dogs' shots at the vet, they weren't crowded, so I took them up there right then and got that over with. It is much better than having to do it after work. I don't have anything planned for the rest of the weekend. I may try to do some internet shopping. I felt like I could be getting a little sick, so I'm going to lay low. I do not want to get sick.

Today calls for KM, but I'm doing Amy's Hi/Lo. I just haven't been able to force myself to do much of Cathe's cardio lately. I do like the weight work though. I'm going to get Amy's last KB workout. I think it's good to integrate different movement patterns into my workouts and she definitely does that. I just know Cathe's moves so well from having done it for so long that I don't feel it is much of a challenge. Shiva makes a comment in one of her dvds about how new movement patterns help fire different neurons and I have to agree; change is good. I've got to figure out what I'm doing with my upper body workouts. I'm on a maintenance program right now.

I'll check back later to see if anyone else is around.

Tracy

Gosh...I can't believe it is so late and I am just getting to the computer. DD ended up spending the night with the fundamentalists last night so I went to CB's house and we got some take out and watched a movie...It was actually a very relaxing evening...home by 12 and asleep by 12:05. We had a nice time together. I was supposed to go to an antique show with my mom today, but my cold has settled in, and I just have not energy at all. We will be going out to eat with my cousin tonight, so it will be nice to spend some time with her. I have to rest up for the day of Hannah Montana festivities tomorrow. I may try to do my new live Shiva this afternoon if I can get the snot to dry up enough to be able to move with out slinging it around the room. Other than that I am just going to try to get some laundry done today and take it eat to rest up for tomorrow.

~~~~personals~~~~

***Tracy I admire you for doing other step workouts...I am such a klutz, I have finally learned how to follow Cathe, and I have a really hard time with someone else. I am sure it is good to fire those new neurons, but I will try to do that with my yoga instead of step, so that I don't sprain an ankle. Is the Turtle pose in SFH? There is no way I can do that one! And some of the inversions are just a little extreme for me too! I hope that you don't don't catch a cold...maybe it is just the change in weather.

Gotta run really quick...back in a few to finish up!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Good morning,
Wow, this thread hasn't had much action this morning, yet. Where is everyone?

This morning was Butts & Guts floorwork and abs premix (59 1/2 minutes). I really think B&G is a great DVD and probably my favorite for legs. Mind you, I was laying down for most of it, which is why I probably liked it so much. I think I will be subbing this workout or variations of it in my P90X rotation. Getting excited about starting. I'm even fantasizing about how the Bowflex will look without dust on it. That's a project for tomorrow. You know me, the great procrastinator.

DH just came in and told me there are fires again in Southern California. 20 Homes burned up. Nicole, hopefully, they are nowhere near you. Praying that we have a wet winter soon. California is just so crispy.

Sandra, how was KenpoX today? I'm even excited about that doing that one again. Don't think I've even put on my weighted gloves since January when I finished the X. Any action on Wendy's blog? I'm sure curious how she's doing. Hoping your DD starts feeling better today. They are so miserable when sick. My workout hit 59 1/2 minutes today so I couldn't test what would happen when I went over :7 . Thought you would get a kick out of that when I chose it. I hope she does include men on the new series. I think it would be smart on her part to market it that way. You know she'll get the women doing it, but she'll capture some of the male market by having men in it too. Yep, my golf partner's name is Tony. Took me a long time to get over calling him "Father Tony". Now I'm more comfortable with just "Tony". He landed this one long putt yesterday and I yelled out "oooh baby"! I laughed at myself. My sister has one of those coffee pots like you have. I might have to get one of those next time. The regular Mr. Coffee pot glass carafes always leak around the spout when you pour. When the coffee maker breaks, it almost always go without warning for me. I'm not usually long without one. Sounds like the craft day went well. Hopefully, it took DD's mind off being so miserable.

Tracy, glad you got a run in and know the dogs loved it. I thought I would get a bike ride in yesterday, but needed to do housework instead...and leaves...and this computer room. I still want to order Amy's dome workout. The clip looked good. Let me know how the step workout is. Hope you don't get sick. I'm refusing to go there. Have felt like I could be on the verge too, but then it doesn't materialize.

Got to go,

Jeanette

Debra, glad you had a nice time last night. Enjoy the antique show today and get a good nap in to help with the cold. Inversions with a cold sound like a huge plug up in the nasal area to me. Hope you have a great day today.

Jeanette

Hi there gang. I hope that you all had a nice Thanksgiving. It was pretty mellow over here. Yesterday we got our tree and decorated it.
I have to say that you all have inspired me and I started my first day of XX. So I did ARX and Chest and Back. I think that I will try to do doubles with yoga, so hopefully tonight I will have time for Eion. Today I am driving down to the beach. One of the stores there is having a raw food faire so it should be fun. I hope that I don't spend a lot of money x(.

I seriously will try to catch up with personals this week. It will be kind of mellow for me, so maybe...... Have a great day girls.

Lea

Okay...back to finish up personals...

***Lea Glad you had a nice holiday. Have fun at the raw food faire today. I ca't believe yo are defecting from the coaching squad to the actual X team...Good luck! I will be here with my pom-poms!

***Jeanette I like BG the best of all leg workouts, too. I do like Tony's leg workout though. I like the use of non weighted exercises in it. Have fun dusting off that Bowflex! Your new shoes must have done wonders for your swing yesterday...I am sure it must be the lavender laces! Some cold medicines keep me up...mainly cough syrups, but I slept pretty good last night..I just feel like a bus ran over me a couple of times today. Verdict is still out on CB...we'll see...I think I just get too emotional sometimes.

***Sandra Wow...the planets must be out of alignment if you are starting the thread today! Yes..dinner went well with CB and friends...My friends commented about how happy I seemed. I think our tiffs are mostly growing pains in the relationship...but I am certainly not looking to get into anything overly serious at this point. The mini mules are actually raised to be used as guard mules...if you can believe that! My mom and DD stopped one day t visit the mules and the man who owns the farm was out there and he said they raise them to sell to ranchers who have herds of sheep, goats, chickens, etc. And the mini mules fight off natural predators like coyote and fox. They seek out the predators if they come near the livestock and then kick them. Who knew? Maybe we should all get mules instead of dogs to guard our homes...LOL! They are very cute and really like carrots. The man who owns them named one of the new babies after my DD...how sweet! Santa is bringing lots of Hannah related goodies this year...Be glad your DD isn't into her! I am sure you had fun with Kenpo...I still pull that one out a couple of times a month. I bow to you o mother of the crafts!

Okay...I think I caught up with everyone else yesterday or earlier...Hope everyone is having a fun holiday weekend. I am sure all of your Xmas shopping is done and your holiday decorations are out and shining!

Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi All- Well we are ALL home as the bay weather was HORRID! 21/2 days locked in the small house together was plenty for all of us! This morning we had 3 inches of rain in 1.5 hours…. We were DROWNING! Houston isn’t much better but at least we aren’t experiencing the 40 mile HR winds to go with rain….. What shall be my excuse to NOT work out tomorrow since I’m home??? ~~ Our unexpected guest was one of “the guys” that Wendell fishes with… He came down from the city at 9pm T-Giving nite so he & Wendell could go fish at 5am…. Well since there was no fishing this weekend he ended up just hanging out with us eating & watching tv (his cable was out!) he’s a great kid (20 something) and he really is an extraordinary friend to Wendell so its all good.

Looking at check in so far today makes me think of the old days... almost 13 months ago- we started right here all together...LOVE YOU GUYS! {{{{{{{{{{{Group nostalgia hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

… Personals…
Sandra- XX’er in training! (A week ahead of the rest!)
Well look who started us off on a SATURDAY! Kenpo was surely just too fun for words today! ~ Looks like you have emerged yourself in the holiday spirit already! MY WORD!!!! ~ I saw an ad fot that fancy new coffee maker of yours…. NICE!

Tracy - X Coach
You seem like you have a FULL weekend ahead! Already vacuumed tho? Whats up with that??? I do admire your multi-tasking! ITA with you agreeing with Shiva on the new moves… I think it’s the same principle as all workouts… I have found that if I rotate between instructors for kickboxing I always get a better workout overall than just following 1.

Jeanette- XX’er in training!
ROF about your bowflex fantasy! You CRAZY girl!! ~ I just heard about the new fires as well.. The PGA today is another Skins game and Cousins just won 75000 o his hole for the Firemans Fund in CA. Good guy!

Debra - X Pompom Coach
Oooh what a relaxing evening! Glad you got snuggle time with CB… I shall send you calm vibes for any H.M. related activities- squealing girls are so cute but my goodness they can SHREIK!

Lea X -XX’er in Training!!! WOOHOO!
A mellow T-G Day with 3 males in the house? How did you manage that one??? NO WAY!!!!!!!!! You started round 2????????? ROF! OMG!!!! Whats next? Tracy joining us???

Well that catches me up with TODAY! LOL
I shall return once I read up on all the Thur/Fri events.... XXOO

Hi all,

I see there are a few of us who are around today. I just finished Amy's Hi/Lo and the Dome Challenge. I just love that for core work. It is so innovative. I haven't mastered doing all of the arms with the cardio movement yet, but I'm close. It is so much fun! Then I added on Cathe's core work from LICo4. I don't do hardly any core, but I thought WTH. It's good and I did 20 minutes of yoga. That's it for me today.

So my hard work is paying off. This morning DH said my quads feel like concrete! I have exchanged muscle for fat, but I still have a little ways to go right in the outer thigh. That is really stubborn. That was good to hear because I'm feeling a little beat up.

Traci - Glad your company was desirable. I hate it when someone stops by that I don't want to visit with. It doesn't happen often, but it does every now and then. I don't think that we started the check in until the end of the first phase. I think you posted on one of the other boards and I noticed that you were at about the same place as I was in the X and you sounded like someone who was fun and that it might be fun to check in remember? and Jeanette and a couple of others were a month behind us. Well, I was right about my intuitions about you and we have a nice group now! Wow, a year has gone by......It's all really good and time well spent!

Lea - Congrats on starting the X, but that is far from easy and gentle, well, unless you do the higher rep range. That might work to build lean muscle.

Off to shower, I did order some shoes online for myself today. Not much shopping for anyone else. One DS is getting the bike and the other wants an expensive part for his buggy. That makes shopping easy if I can find the $$.

Tracy

Classic/ Week 1/ Day 6/ KenpoX

Good afternoon! I can't believe it, but I've actually got time to kill. Yes, there's always cleaning to be done, but we don't have company coming for dinner, so I can live with the dust bunnies.

KenpoX got done this morning. That was quite all right! I was stiff, sore and feeling quite beat up, so Kenpo was exactly what I needed. According to the HRM it burned 526 calories, which is quite decent, considering there's only about 45 mins of actual cardio to that workout. I'd forgotten how much stretching he does at the start of that. Woohoo!!! Week one is done!! Only 12 weeks/ 83 days to go! I put stickers on my chart today. Looks so nice.

Tracy - Nope, no new news on the thesis. I'm actually starting to want to work on it, believe it or not. I'll have to email Supervisor this week and tell him we should meet in a week or so. That should help motivate him, I hope.

Debra - Believe it or not, I find yoga actually clears a stuffy head. I don't know how or why it does that, but it seems to work. The first few inversions are a bit rough, but then it's fine. Miniature mules? Reeeeeally?! I can't even imagine what that looks like. I keep picturing the donkey from Shrek. What an intriguing thing: guard mules. Which side of the looking glass are you living on?

Jeanette - Ooooh, did you do the BG premix that does the floorwork 2x? And you liked it?! Like you, I might sub the P90X Legs with BG and pull/chin ups inserted every 3rd exercise or so. Nope, no updates on Wendy's blog yet, but her last post sure was amusing. More fires? Did the previous ones ever get fully extinguished?

Lea - Welcome to the second round!!!!!!! You just didn't want to see the rest of us get the XX t-shirt, did you? Ah, could you start stitching them now, so they're ready when we're done? ;)

Traci - I see all my rain dancing worked, and you've come home!!! :) :) :) :) Don't you remember?! You did the entire 1st month of the X last year on your own, checking in with the Weight Watchers. What you unearthed was indeed the First Ever Xer Check-in Post. What a gas to read that first post. Hm, if you're calling the coffee pot fancy, then you aren't looking at the one I bought. It's nice, yes, but not high end. I imagine there are different versions of this brewer, which get pricey. Ours is a Hamilton Beach Brew Station Deluxe. Some day I'd like to get one that grinds the beans for you, too.

Tonight is DH's work Christmas party. It's just dinner at a nice restaurant. But it's a late dinner. I'll probably have a bowl of soup around 5pm, and a cup of coffee, and hope I don't fall asleep in my salad tonight. Ah, who am I kidding? I won't be ordering salad.

I think I'll tidy the house up for the babysitter.
Have a great day,
Sandra

Yoga Day:)

Hi Girls!

How have you all been? I am ready for the X to start and normal life to resume:)

I have been keeping up with my stretching and have another PT appointment tomorrow. He told me to take 600 mg of Motrin a day for the anti-inflammatory so I started that today. He said he wants me to take it so the inflammation goes down and we can get to the root of the problem.

*Sandra, Well, we can tell who didn't have a holiday:) You are so good at keeping up with your posts. It sounds like you did lots of fun stuff with the girls yesterday. I need to do more craft projects with my boys. I think they are bored out of their gourds most of the time. I am excited to join you in the X tomorrow:D I'm so ready to bring it!

* Tracy, It sounds like you were quite productive yesterday. I like strong, lean & happy too. It is always nice popping in Eoin though. Way to go on getting thighs of steel. I guess I would have to do leg work to get the same results:p I think you're right about the back injury. I don't want it to be discs but that may be the case. I have been doing more back bends to try and settle them back in. it seems to fell better doing back bends rather than forward bends. I guess time will tell, or an MRI:)

*Debra, Glad you are having a nice time with CB. I was hoping it wasn't going in the way of drama. That's the last thing you need right now. Did you get the rest of the house decorated? I would love to see pictures. Maybe you could have CB take them and get one of him while you're at it:D You know I'll bug you to death about it;) All of this HM talk. Gee, I'm glad I have boys. I don't think I could handle all of the pink;)

*Jeanette, Thanks for the concern. Yes the fire was in the same area as the last ones but it is 50% contained and only two firefighters had minor injuries so that's good. It was started on accident by a man using a diamond blade to cut tile. Some people aren't too smart:p So you're getting a little comfortable with Tony, huh? I bet he has fun with you. Glad you have someone to play with.

*Lea, Have fun at the raw food fair! I think we'll be getting our tree next week. The boys just love decorating it and so does my DH. Glad you got a head start on us and started the X! I'll join you on Monday:D

*Traci-X, Sorry your bay trip was cut short:( Oh well, it just gives you an excuse to come play:D I am so excited to start the X with you Monday! This will be the first time I've done it with you. i am putting the finishing touches on my Lean rotation with modifications. I'll post it once I'm done. I'm glad Wendell has a friend to fish with and do the guy stuff. That gets you off the hook:) Way to go on trying to recruit another Xer. Is this the biggest group to do it at one time? How fun!:D What a blast from the past with the old post. Isn't it fun to see how far we've come. I'm glad we have this forum to keep us honest and motivated! By the by, I never got the wall chart:( My sister has excel so I can forward an e-mail to her and she prints it out. Could you send it my way?

Hi everyone else! I am off to fold more laundry so I'll chat with you later:)

Nicole

Bring it!!!

http://images.meez.com/user16/07/02/09/070209_10019023368.gif[/img][/url]

Hi latrese!!!!!!! gobble gobble!! Are you on a new computer????:7

Hi Nicole!!!!!!!!!! I'll get that excel to you again..... maybe I dont have right address or I went to SPAM....Its the address with your full first & last name..... I just hit send so you should have it this time....YEP this is biggest group I've gone thru X with- So exciting!!:7 Nothing like X-Juice running thru your veins!!!

I am going to do personals for all days I missed so I shall be back!

(Can ya tell I'm happy to be home?!):7 :7 :7

Sandra: Its hard to fathom I of all the Xers was doing it solo???? MY WORD I blocked that out!!! I thought that Fox2Star / Tracy / You / Lea / Deb / Jeanette & the gal that had to quit Phase 3 due to surgery ..... all started on day 1 together?? :7 LOLOLOl - Have a mentioned lately my brain is getting rusty?

TRACY: Well all I can say is that with your body looking the way it does I might suggest you wear bulky sweats for our get together so the rest of us save face! :7 :7 :7 :7 -

Well I am so much more at ease now that I have read all the scoop since Thursday!!!!

Tracy:
Good memory on the parade! There is a Christmas Boat Parade every year (except windy & rainy years!) Its so cool- all the boats that participate get decked out with lights & Xmas music… They go really slow along the water at night & all of us who are in lawn chairs on our piers – (which are lit with Xmas lites so boats can see) whoop & holler like crazy kids… IT’S A TOTAL BLAST! Only lasts about 30 minutes but it is oh so fun to begin the holiday that way. It will be rescheduled for another Saturday in December now….. Your workouts these past few days have been amazing! I really do commend you –I am in awe of your results woman. ~~ What a close call on the power outage! You lucked out girl! I agree- eating my own preparation at least gives me a comfort level of what I’m eating too much of! LOL ~~ ROF! “Whats for dinner honey?” PRICELESS!~~ I know that the past 30 days of hormone fluctuations for me are 100% related to having sugar here & there…. I cant handle the stuff in any quantity! Its out of my system today thank god but the carb cravings are still full force…. That will be the best part about starting X for me… I just wont work that hard and screw it up with bad eating..

Amy (swifty):
LOL – Hope you found the yams you were chasing! Oh I see you did! LOL – VERY GOOD! Now put down that spoon! Will look forward to pics of you & DH FLEXING!!! ~ Oh your news about the PT job is EXCELLENT!!! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!! That must make you ultra motivated to conquer ACE! ~ I’d ask you for the pumpernickel dip recipe but TracyX would shoot me! I just told her I was going to eat for serious results! LOL

Jeanette:
Thank you for starting the get-together talks… Looks like we have an eager group ready to party! I for one am thankful for the added motivation this X round! LOL – Your sweet words made me tear up as well- I was reading your post at bay and Wendell said “whats wrong????” I laughed & said oh its just one of those Xers makin’ me cry again! – You can just see the eye roll he did cant you? ~~YOU WORKED OUT ON YOUR B-DAY??????? What are you people doing to me????? I am a total slug! Time to get myself back in gear for summer- Maybe I’ll turn up the heaters and walk around in a tank top & shorts- That’ll scare me into getting on track! LOL
~~ We didn’t fish- waaaayyyy to cold to go out into the bay… Wendell just took me on a short ride up the canal where the tress blocked some of the frigid wind….The WORST part about not meeting at your place is that we wont get o meet Tony the Prison Priest!!!!! THAT’S TOO MUCH!!!!~~ I agree- if you wouldn’t mind…Do have your sister check in with us! I doubt Id have mine join if she did X as I kind of like having a piece of life that I don’t have to share… is that awful?? It sure sounded that way…. LOVE the lilac laces!!!! You are a closet DIVA!!!!!! ~ ROF about going to get cigs!!! They actually believe- Going to get Ice Cream much easier! ROF

Nicole:
Your meez is just the greatest! I love how you seem to change it mood to mood! I hope I never see a sad Nicole! ~~ Had I had Pumpkin Cheesecake it would have been my fav FOR SURE!!!! But…….. I think it was the mashed potatoes & gravy…. Hadn’t had those for at least a year maybe longer…. yummmmmmm

Sandra:
OMW! Yoga X + JP Class in one day???????? That’s like 5 housr of exercise!!!!!!!!! OK- I SHALL get off my arss and do SOMETHING tomorrow!!! Geeeeeeeeeeez - No pie for me this year- Brownies…several batches…1 no- Pudge batch + 1 REAL batch………. Also – chocolate ice cream……. Isn’t that enough to make you wonder how big I am these days???? LOL ~~ The client success? Well its not really magic…. Its what I personally should be doing! LOLOL – This success story does EVERTHING I direct her to do… She drinks a green smoothie for breakfast every day, she eats raw veggies & protein at every meal, she has no processed foods at all. – I built her muscle up for the first 3 months to fire up her metabolism…. She did ZERO cardio- Lifted with me 2 days a week. That’s it! I did strength tests every 30 days and increased her base levels accordingly…. Yep- If I had ME as a trainer I’d be all buff too! Ha ~~~ Oh no- is the baby better??? Where are all these germs coming from??? We Xers had better do a collective SPRAY! ~~ Are you finding that Yoga X is somehow “different” now that you are a yoga regular…. I’d like to hear what you are experiencing differently every workout please! – YES- I’m writing a tell-all book and I need data!!! ~~ Do you really want a Vegas gathering????

Cheryl: One more time… IT WAS AWESOME seeing you Thursday!!! Come back- don’t fret on personals- I miss your energy.

Lea: ROF- I see that on T-Giving day we were the on No Workout duty together… 2 days later you’ve started XX!!!!!! ROF!!!!!

DEBRA: LOL on the Carrie ????????? – I guess we have scared my new friend off already! Have you noticed how often this happens to us????~~~~ I know you are feeling better already but I do want to just say this about your 22nd post… I think its perfectly “normal” for the first year of everything to create emotional havoc. Divorce isn’t any different emotionally than a death on many levels. ANY “end” brings up a lot of emotions… I hope CB “has been around” enough to understand it…. I have always felt very blessed to be able to remain civil and even friendly with the 3 men that were most important in my life – I would have spent my life with any of them had situations been just a tad different..—I still feel mixed emotions on their birthdays & holidays… those people are part of the thread that makes my life mine….. I think we can love on many levels – be kind enough to yourself to mourn the end of your marriage… there was great love at one point and that is worth remembering….. I think the people that I know who become bitter in life about X’s & past relationships are only bitter because they’d rather be that then feel some sadness…. Personally I’ll take a few tears in order to still feel love for the rest of my days. Just my thoughts…. ~~ Craft show sounds great! I dislike anything that is duplicated 20 million times so craft shows are where I tend to overspend.

LAURIE
Hope all is well in your part of the world!!!

Wendy
if you're out there- WE MISS YOU!

Amy:
Hope the CRAZIES didnt make your holiday /weekend he))!!!!

Carol:
Hope you are ready woman- Its time to get X'd!

TeddyGirl
Catch us up on your holiday!! Hows day 1 of X???????

OK gang- Wendell feeling a little left out.... gotta go make nice so he'll help me with tree tomorrow!

XXOOXOXOXO

Hey Miss Traci! I looked in my e-mail and it's not there:( I had your e-mail addy but I deleted the e-mail it was on:p Yes, it's first and last @cox.net. No biggie, I'll just cry when you all talk about it;) I get the Pumpkin Cheesecake at Costco:9 It is so yummy! Mashed potatoes and gray are a special treat aren't they? I am determined to be good from Monday until Christmas Eve. I hope my resolve lasts:D

Hi Latrese!!!! How was your Thanksgiving?

Nicole

Bring it!!!

http://images.meez.com/user16/07/02/09/070209_10019023368.gif[/img][/url]

Hi all...back for a quick hello. I still did no workout today, and I am feeling VERY pudgy right now. I just haven't had the energy to do anything. I took a 3 hour nap this afternoon. So did DD after her sleepover last night...where apparently not much sleeping happened! I went out to dinner with my mom and cousin and now I am feeling pooped again. I will go to bed early tonight..and perhaps take a nap in the morning so I can be perky for Hannah tomorrow! I also have to go to register for my first official class on Monday. I am very nervous and scared and excited all at the same time! About school, I mean, not Hannah!

onto some personals~~~~~~~~~~~

****Traci I wish I could remember when I joined this merry little group. It must have been before Christmas, but after you guys had all started since I remember I was behind a bit. Funny to look at the beginning threads. We are so much more enmeshed now...we probably are intimidating to others joining in....although Carol and Nicole and Wendy have certainly fit in well! Sorry about the nasty weather at the bay....but glad to see you home and in touch. I guess you are putting up your tree tomorrow...Real or artificial? Thanks for your thoughts on the demise of my marriage. I truly want to remain friends with my XDH...if he can accept that. We were probably always better as friends than as spouses anyway. He was amazingly sweet the other night...but at the same time, I knew I did not have the feelings of needing him as a husband....I was feeling exceptionally lonely the other night and needed a friend who would completely understand why...and he was that person at that time. I hope we can maintain that. He will always be part of my life, and I will always love him...but we are better when we don't live together. Thanks for the thoughts and understanding.

***Tracy Congrats on seeing the wanted changes in your legs...I am sure that other loose material will escape from your outer thighs in the very near future. At least you boys are easy to buy for this holiday. DD is still at an age she is easy too.

***Sandra Hope you have fun at the Xmas party this evening...How about that--an evening among adults...Don't fall asleep--take advantage!! WooHoo on completing your first week on the X!!! You are the woman! I am hoping to find enough energy to do yoga in the morning...but I am afraid I will get up and do my morning duties with the dog, cat, and child and then head back for a nap before the concert festivities. Yes, I know I live in the boonies...but I am truly only 15 minutes from major shopping and great restaurants...The mules do pretty much look like the donkey from Shrek...their ears aren't as long, though. There are spotted ones and brown ones and gray ones...and they all have a stripe down their backs that the owner said is their kind of birthmark as they are all different. Who knew??

***Teddygirl Waving as you breeze by!!! Hope your turkey day was fun with your family.

***Nicole Hope you had fun with yoga today. It sounds like your PT should help bring you some relief from your back pain. I lost the charger to my camera which is why I haven't done pics yet. Don't they make disposable digital cameras?? I will have to get one for the concert tomorrow for sure! And I will use the extras shots to take pics of all my trees. I am pretty much done with the inside except for DD's room...and I just need to put a few lights on bushes outside...I wish I would get over this darn cold so I will feel up to it. I wanted to have my camera for Thanksgiving so I could sneak a pic of CB...but no dice. One of my mom's friends said he was very cute, though!

Okay...think I am caught up for now...I promise to pop by in the morning before the HM festivities begin. Wish me luck that I am completely cured by the morning so I can really enjoy my day with DD. Happy Trails to all!!

Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi everyone,
Had a nice time today out with DH and the girls on the Rhino. It was a bit chilly, but not too bad. We rode up over the hill to where the big fire was on Labor Day. Just totally devastated the area. Thousands and thousands of acres of black, dead trees. So sad.

Lea, so glad you are joining us for the X! It's going to be such an experience and different than the last time just because we've all been together so long and know each other better. How was the raw food faire?

Debra, so interesting about the mini-mules. I know that llamas are kept for guard animals too. I'm a slacker, my Christmas shopping isn't done and no decorations out or even plans to get them out yet. I did get some items a few weeks ago on the ladies trip we did, but haven't done any more since. I need to make a list sometime.

Traci, I was watching the Weather Channel and saw all of the rain in your area. Glad the guest was a good guy. We sure could use some of that rain up this way. Also needed to put out those fires in southern California. If DH starts nodding off in front of the TV, I shall turn to the Golf Channel and see if the skins game is on. Those are fun to watch. LOL re: the early Xer thread. I'll probably read somewhere where I said I would never go back to light weights and hi reps. And how would I ever do a Cathe workout again when the X works so well! Oh well, maybe I'll feel that way again come Monday. I'm like you, I really want to go somewhere else to meet everyone. It's going to be so exciting :7 :7 :7!!! Somehow, lilac laces don't seem as girly as pink ones. A step at a time to divadom... My sister emailed me today that she and her DH did a walk around the track. Think they did like 6 laps or something and she jogged a couple of them. I'm excited to be having her check in again. Not sure she has the time to check in with us. You guys do take up a lot of my very valuable time ;-). If it wasn't for you all, I'd probably have cleaned this computer room up about a year ago. Or raked the leaves a month ago. Got to blame my laziness on someone, you know?

Tracy, great compliment from your DH re: your legs. I would like to have firm legs, but that means lots of work. Hmmmm... and clean eating. I'll be trying a bit harder come Monday. I still need to check out the Lean Rotation and see how I want to tweak it. Yep, your intuitions about Traci were right on. What an awesome checkin this has been. We're all a team now.

Sandra, whoa, 526 calories is a bunch! Heck, I could barely get over 300 for a Cardio Coach workout. Way to go!!! What stickers did you put on? I just have my Cathe stickers that I've never even used. Yes, the B&G premix does have you repeat the floorwork 2X. That's right, if I sub for L&B, I'll have to run in to the Bowflex for my lat pulldowns. I forgot about that part. The news said that the winds should be dying down in so. Cal. I believe the previous fires were extinguished. Inmate fire crews had only been back for a week or so and then sent back down last week to be on standby for the expected big winds. Enjoy the Christmas dinner tonight.

Latrese, do you have a new computer? What have you been up to girl? How was your Thanksgiving dinner? Did you start the X already?

Nicole, glad you aren't having to be evacuated. I hear the winds should be dying down. So many homes destroyed in such a short time. How awful. Tony the priest is pretty straight laced. He's from Shri Lanka (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) and has a huge accent but I'm getting better at understanding him. He doesn't tease or joke around, but then again, he's a priest so is always professional and polite. He uses my son's golf clubs and bag and I did tease him about the beer bottle that was left over in a pocket from one of DS's games. He no longer gives me tips on my play at all, so it's lots more fun for me.

Oh yeah, watched the Pursuit of Happyness last night. Good movie. Will Smith is great in it. That little boy was a doll.

Got to go now,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.