Xers: Sneakin into Sunday

teddy16410

Cathlete
Mornin X-Gals!
Insomnia since midnight so finally decided to just start post...Woke DH up at 3am "by accident" since I was having laptop issues! Gotta LOVE a one room house at times}( }(

Jeanette: {{{{{hugs}}}} & prayers for gramma!!!!! I know how close you are with her.....

Debra: I sure hope XDH finally arrived.... at that hour he'd be taking a taxi to hotel FOR SURE!!!! Its almost over sweetie....

TRACY: I am writing, reading & re-reading you posts from yesterday.... I am reading Toscas book today (I had only skimmed it before all the Sandy stuff) - I need to refocus and your posts are helping me do that.

I shall return for all personals in a bit- need some coffee!

SANDRA:::
Good deal on the sleeping in yesterday! Thats what these cold holiday weekends are for! I got X+ ordered as well yesterday although it took FOREVER on this old laptop w/ dialup... How did we ever survive in the old days?;-) I got your beautiful post Xmas card before we left Houston! THANK YOU!!!! I cant believe you still have yet to get your calendar?! We can get a man on the moon faster than you get postal service! I picture you living in the place like Men in Trees (the show) its Elmo Alaska but seems to have same issues! ~ WOW on your X-2 accomplishments! I had no idea you were seeing those kinds of upper results! YOU GO GIRL!!! I agree with the segment of Xers that say continue on and clean up that eating.... I do believe when it comes to our individual problem areas that diet and shaking up the type of cardio is key. Heck even I am thinking of adding 1-2 short running sessions a week.... Get your plan & stick with it thru the next 6 weeks to see.... I think Tracy is dead on about the abilty of Cathes workouts to challenge your body after all these years.... I think a break is good and really once you give it a few weeks you will get even better results with Cathe than before. I also think Debra had a great point about the plyo legs... It doesnt have to be PlyoX but certainly that type of training has a place in the plan.... IMO of course! ~ On Eoin.... let me ask this.... How exactly would I know him if I saw him??? I cant even recall if he's on the cover of any DVD! LOLOLOL- I sure hope I never have to be a witness in a big juicy murder case!

TRACY:::
You are so right about the cleaning of carpets... You must have been a fly on my wall. I think its the finality hitting me.... I went thru the anger stage of grief Friday - mad at the "boys" for playing with the Sandy toys, getting to go on all the walks we've been taking them on etc.... Thank God that passed quickly... Now I feel like I'm just in limbo with my emotions. Tomorrow will be just 1 week so I guess I should just give it time.

KIM:::
WELCOME!!!! You are joining a fabulous group of long term Xers... We welcome you with open arms & minds. As everyone has said- dont be freaked by the in-depth personals... We all get busy and cant post as much as this holiday time.... So Tuesday is your official start date? PERFECT! Are you planning classic? What are your goals for yourself? Carol (crnchymomof3) has a cool blog going about her first experience... hopefully she'll post the link as I am o\away from my regular computer until tomorrow night.... I am in process of XX round.... had a few de-rails this round so I am restarting Phase 2 at some point after today. Sandy (you'll notice the reference alot) is my dog of 14 years that just passed away on Xmas Eve. Terrible time for DH and our 2 boys (who are golden retrievers).... Seems your life has had it share of tragedy. I am so sorry for your loss. There really isnt anything "good" to say is there? ~ On results of X.... I am bottom heavy - I got excellent results from the X Classic.... My bodyfat dropped 4 or 6 % (cant recall it was a year ago)... I will say tho- NUTRITION is key to success.... YES the program is put together in a fashion that creates results but if your eating is cra* your results will be cra* - if your eating is OK your results will be OK..... I think once you are out of the 20 something timeframe in life nutrition just MUST be part of your plan for real results. Just my opinion.

NICOLE:::
Well I am super impressed that you tackled doubles yesterday! I need all the PUSH PLAY Xer juice going to help me out of my slump... How do you like THAT for added pressure?!

JEANETTE
Again- many prayers coming your way - Keep us posted please. ~ No fishing for this summer bunny!!! Its too cold and the sun wasnt out so I sent Wendell on his merry way! He and Kabo are heading out in a few to duck hunt for the morning so I'll take Lukie on a 5 mile walk to wear his butt out! LOL (& mine too!!!) I hope you arent sad once all your company leaves... I know its good to get your "life" back but I always feel the let-down of the passing of the holidays.....

Sandy's Tree not being planted this weekend as we feel its too cold still...we are suppose to have a hard freeze by Thursday... We designated the spot & will plant in Spring - I can live with that.

XXOO to all!!! I miss all our Xers who are MIA! COME BACK!!!

Hi all,

I figured this would be a normal weekend with just a few of us around and I was going to do a quick post, but my we were chatty last night.

OK I can't lie, I just love push ups/ pull ups/ and chin ups. I seriously think that it wouldn't be that hard to be really lean and toned without picking up one weight. Has anyone noticed how toned Shiva is in the live dvd? She is all muscle. I can't wait to see what Tony has come up with for the new dvds. Today is plyox and of course some yoga.

Traci - Sorry you are up so early. I bet that dial up is frustrating. I think another problem with only doing Cathe cardio is that we are so used to her moves. It is good to move/challenge the body in different ways and Amy does a great job with that, without it being too high impact. I'm sure there are others out there too. Brain Gym, simplified, is actually a program for kids who have difficulty moving thier bodies. I haven't done it in quite a while, and Kim might know more about it, but it helps kids find themselves in space, cross the mid-line etc. I was surprised at how difficult it was to get my body to move the way Amy does, yet I can almost do Cathe in my sleep. Yes, nutrition is key. I started eating a low fat diet 20+ years ago and I think it really helped me. I do think the X falls a little flat on it's lower body work. Come on, the some leg work for 3 months?

Kim- Glad you are joining us. I’m 48, married for 25 years, and 2 sons, 18 and 20. Do you work in a school setting? I’m a special education teacher, and we work quite closely with OTs on some cases. I always value their knowledge. I guess you get used to the cold. Each year our winters have gotten milder and milder. Sandra commented that they were going pond skating. When I was a kids we used to skate on the C&O canal, but it hasn’t frozen solid in years, and it’s not very deep. I’m trying to incorporate 2 days of running with the X. With wet weather and work, I’m not sure how that will go because I’m stuck to certain days. I will probably have to play with the workout days. I’m just going to keep the upper consistent. How many days a week would you need to run to keep in relatively decent running shape to start to train for the marathon when you finish the X? I’m doing the X again because I need a little change for upper and I’d like to eventually be able to do more pull ups. Will you be using a pull up bar? They work great.

Debra – I hope XDH got in OK and you got DD off. At least he won’t be under your feet for the next two days. Where is he staying with DD? DH was in a snit yesterday because I wasn’t feeling frisky. I’m just so over the arguments about that which I refuse to engage in. I mean it is what it is. He always equates that time to a workout or time on the computer, but it’s not the same for me. The more he goes off, the less chance anything is going to happen. Luckily he went to see FIL, and I haven’t talked to him since even though he’s called several times; caller ID is great. I probably won’t get wife of the year. ARX tightens up my hip flexors and then that pulls my back out of alignment. I’m having a terrible time with tight hip flexors. No big plans, for the days off. I do most of my socializing at work, so I rarely see anyone when I’m off. I used to get a break at work and could hide for a few minutes, but not with this job. It is non- stop interactions from the time I get there until the time I leave.

Jeanette – It warmed up nicely here yesterday, but my legs were so tired from running the day before that I opted not to go and ride. The pavement didn’t dry until late anyway. How is GM? At 93 you never know what is going to happen. FIL is up and down. They can’t seem to keep the blood thin enough without aggravating the bladder and then he starts hallucinating. DH is having a hard time because none of the family will spend any time with FIL and they are just so skewed up. Well, except his older brother went down twice recently, he’s the executor of the estate, and told FIL that he only has enough money to last another year. Why would you tell a 90+ year old ailing man that? Especially since you and the other brother had a hand in loosing hundreds of thousands of FILs savings through poor investments. FIL was a very well respected Gyn doctor and had plenty of retirement saved before they got hold of it. After watching the goings ons with DH's siblings, I'm glad I'm an only child.

Nicole - I have no idea when my dvds will get here. I think better eating is ahead. Can you preserve the GB house for next year or is bigger and better already in the plan?

Later,

Tracy

Good morning to all! Hope everyone is doing well today. So far so goo with XDH's visit. It was definitely weird to see him....but DD was soooooo excited it is worth any feelings I may have. They are headed down to his step mother's house for 2 days and they won't be back until late on the 1st. And I am all caught up with my chores....I just need to run to the mall to exchange a few things...but that is it. Still a couple of loads of laundry to do, but that is easy enough. I will be doing cardio of some sort this afternoon. Feeling a bit tired and a little emotionally stressed...XDH's plane didn't get in until midnight last night...and the he came here to see DD's room and catch up a bit with her. So actually didn't get to sleep until after 2. Can you tell a nap is in my near future?

personals.....

Tracy....
You are right about the hip flexors and ARX...I am still feeling mine 2 days later. My ab DOMS are gone, but my hip flexors are till a little sore. Sorry XDH is being such a butthole...at least he is at FIL's. Caller ID is a lovely thing! Why is it that men think that arguing with you is going to get you into bed faster?? Of course, it creates the opposite effect. XDH used to guilt me into sex all the time. UGH. I was just talking to my old girlfriend a few days ago who has recently divorced her DH and she had the same experience with him. I understand wanting to take a few days off from people when that is what you deal with all the time at work. Have fun with plyo today...and whatever yoga you end up doing. Shiva has an amazing physique...she is total muscle.

Traci...
Dear woman...Sounds like you are going through all of the stages of grief that you should be....time will continue to help your healing. Ugh on the not sleeping!! At least DH was there to help with the computer...LOL! So you guys really get hard freezes there? That actually surprises me. It is rainy and dreary here today...perfect for napping. The weather is supposed to be cool and sunny tomorrow and I am looking forward to that. It has been rainy and cloudy here for a few days now...and I need to see the sun. What kind of tree are you going to plant for Sandy?

Jeanette...
Why, your sis is just a little mini!! My BFF is 4'11 too and I always feel big next to her since she is the only person I know who is actually shorter than me. Maybe just some email reminders from you will help her keep up with the workouts. I agree about the gym...If I had to do that, I would never workout. So sorry to hear about your Grandma! Hope everything is going better this morning. It is so tough when folks get to that age...I am always amazed at people who live that long...We don't have a history of that kind of lifespan in our family. I will be keeping your family in my thoughts today. I hope Grandma pulls through with flying colors. You are right...I definitely need a massage...i will have to schedule one for later this week. My shoulder and back are feeling better...I think of it is due to stress...I tend to hunch my shoulders when I am feeling anxious. Good to hear you won't be golfing in the snow, you crazy woman! Did I mention that one of the best golf courses in the country is about 5 miles from my house?? Maybe you can get out there while you are here.

Well, I think I am caught up for now. I got to everyone else yesterday. CB and I are supposed to go to dinner and a movie tonight...a real date...How about that?? Happy New Year's Eve Eve to all!!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Classic/ Week 6/ Day 7/ Rest

Gooooooood morning! I imagine it's almost afternoon for most of you by now. Yes, I'm lounging in bed, typing this. Ahhh, the freedom of wireless interneting! The toddler is curled up beside me with DH, watching the Peter Pan movie on our little tv. DD#1 is downstairs making us all breakfast (toaster waffles). I've requested only a container of cottage cheese/fruit. Do you guys buy these? They look like individual containers of yogurt with sweetened fruit, but instead of yogurt, it's low-fat cottage cheese. Huh. The room suddenly cleared as the smell of the waffles got stronger. Ne'er mind. Ooooh lookie. Breakfast just arrived at my bedside. This is the life!!

Traci....Okay, now I understand your Eoin situation. Eoin is the guy smack in the middle of everyone else in PY4H. In the premixes when they cut away to a man doing something without a crew around him, that's Eoin. If you go to the section of Pure & Simple that shows how to do each pose in detail, you will see Eoin and his life-partner. He's also the one in the middle of the love-fest while the credits roll during PY4H. So, do you need me to tell you which one is Shiva? ;) Thank you for the added support of Tracy's suggestion. I'm already doing PlyoX once/week, or a similar leg-intensity (jump) workout. Are you saying I should add another one?? I don't know when I would do that, except on Thursdays, but then I'm doing CardioX (which has some plyo), or the PJ class at the YMCA (lots of jumping, too). If it's about muscle shaping of the lower body, then I'm super happy with what I have. I have a terrific booty and lots of visible leg muscle. I just want to reduce the jiggle in the upper thigh area, which requires fatloss, which is diet, right? I'll yak a bit more about these suggestions when I get to Tracy's post. I sure do appreciate the input from you guys. What are your NYE plans at the Bay house? I know, it seems to take forever to get anything from Cathe.com via the post. The added holiday time in there hasn't helped. I don't know if the post office is delivering tomorrow, so I'm skeptical I'll be getting it for the Grand Opening of 2008. I've never seen Men in Trees, only commercials for it. I adore Northern Exposure, though, and can relate in that regard. Funny, NE always wanted to make me move farther north.

Tracy....The toddler is sitting here, quite impressed with the flying bicycle in your avatar. I think I've only ever seen Elliot and ET do something like that :) Thank you for all your advice yesterday. I won't be doing any more running until probably May. It's too dark, cold, and snowy in the mornings until then. We've got maybe 7 hours of daylight right now, and the sun barely makes it over the horizon even then. We have long shadows on a sunny day. But you're right; running is a terrific workout. I especially enjoy it with the Cardio Coaches. I do plan on ordering some of Amy's cardios. I went to her website, but couldn't remember which step workout you love so much. The kickbox is Kickbox Extreme, right? And Hi/Lo dome? I'm going to wait until the 2nd week of January, after I've paid all the big bills, before loading up my credit card again. Are you suggesting I add even more leg work than I already do? I always add a 30min Cathe standing leg, weighted, workout after PlyoX on Tuesdays. Then I do P90X Legs & Back on Friday. I'm not in the slightest concerned about my legs bulking with heavy weights. Heavy weights just give stronger, tauter muscle, which looks good. I'm doing a Cathe-subbed version of the Doubles rotation, I'm getting 30-60mins of cardio 6 days a week.

Debra....PHEW!!! The dreaded visit is finally upon you and the worst part is over with. Dinner & a movie with the new boyfriend sounds like a wooooonderful way to spend your day! What movie? Thanks for your input yesterday. You all seem to be encouraging me to stick with the X, but clean up the eating. I'm sure you're all right. You're absolutely right that we need to find a balance between what we're willing to do to achieve the results we want. I think my main problem is in sustaining the motivation over the long haul. Right now the goal seems desirable enough to give up all the surplus, but in a while I'll start to question whether it's all worth it, decide it isn't, and begin to loosen up again. Then I'll decide, no, it really IS worth it, and climb back on the wagon again. But I'm not on the wagon long enough to actually get anywhere, it seems. So, how do I sustain my interest in reaching my goal? One way is to make it my career: actually go the route of becoming a personal trainer. Then I'll feel like it's truly important to keep my own physique looking exceptional. It's not just about my own vanity anymore. And I do find this stuff really, really interesting. I would like to do what Traci's done, and SwiftAmy is in the process of doing. I need to figure out what qualifications I'll need for that, here in Alberta.

Kim....Winnipeg and Edmonton are probably very similar in their winters. I think we're just a hair's length farther north than you. Did you order Cathe's 2008 calendar? And if so, have you received it yet? You and I are similar: I'm 37, married 14 years to a super guy who would like winter a lot more if he could play a little more pick up hockey than he currently does, and we have 2 children. DD#1 is 7, DD#2 is just over 2. We moved to Edmonton from southwestern Ontario 11 years ago, when I started my PhD at the UofA. I'm still not finished the dang thing, but get closer by the year LOL! I'm not familiar with Edward's Syndrome, but no matter how the loss occured, I'm sure it excruciating for everyone. I'm very sorry. I should think you'd be able to do the marathon in June. You'll be in terrific shape when you start your training; you'll just have to work up your mileage again. That's usually an 8-12 week process, is it not? Are you doing the Classic rotation? There's relatively little cardio in that one, but surprisingly people do not find their cardio capacity is reduced at the end of the 13 weeks. The upper body weight work provides a good dose of cardio in itself, especially from the push ups and pull ups. If you can get access to a pull/chin up bar I would recommend it.

Jeanette....I'm so sorry to hear your beloved GM has had a heart attack. Obviously at 93, things like this are not unexpected, but that doesn't make them easier, I imagine. You've had your challenges this week, for sure. I hope your do-over week is better. Your relationship with your sister is the kind of relationship I've always wanted. That's wonderful. You've said before that your family was on the shorter side. 4'11" is certainly petite!! It must be difficult to stay a healthy bodyweight at that height, because your calorie needs for the day would be so little. I envy my 6'1" DH because a 400 calorie doughnut for him is only a small proportion of his caloric needs for the day, while for me, it would replace a meal. He can have a doughnut AND still eat a meal. Of course the doughnut doesn't give him great nutritional value, but the calories aren't surplus for him, either. Awww, what an endearing relationship DH has with his girls. Very sweet. Yup, eating is 80% of the battle, isn't it? Argh! I find it so much easier to stick with consistent workouts, than with consistently clean eating. Oh well, it is what it is.

Time to go make the weekly bread for the family. Then I really do need to start getting this house in order again. DD#1 wrote her own cake recipe yesterday, and wants to go to the store today to buy the ingredients to make it. It was so funny: she asked me what that stuff was in the box that we used to make cakes with. I got out a recipe book and we went through various ingredients, trying to figure out what she was talking about. After about 10 minutes, I finally figured out....she's talking about a cake mix! LMAO. So, she's going to buy a cake mix, bake it up, layer it, and cover it all with mixed berries, bananas, and apple slices. The ideas of 7 year olds...

Cheers,
Sandra

Hi all,

I'm taking a break between working on year end accounting stuff, washing, folding, and my workout.

Sandra - I'd give up 30 minutes of cardio for another session of lower weight work. I think you'll be happy with the results.

Off to do pylox and maybe something else. I'll decide once I get going.

Tracy

Warning: Sandra has hit PMS Power Mode, has had more than ample sleep, and now has too much energy for anyone's good.

Tracy....Okay, I'll try that. I'll rejig the week to sub a cardio for a leg workout. This *was* my Week 7, as planned so far:

MON Lower Intensity Step cardio; CST; ARX
TUES 4DS Cardio Power premix; GS Legs, standing work
WEDS Higher Intensity Step cardio; BB; ARX
THURS CardioX; PY4H Magically Hips
FRI All-Step cardio; Legs & Back; ARX
SAT KenpoX
SUN rest

Huh. I'm stumped. I'd be happy to drop CardioX, but then I'm doing legs 2 days in a row. Anyone got any suggestions?

Sandra

Hi all,

I ended up doing PLB, no floorwork, then plyox. I had to modify the knee tucks because of my back, but overall it was a good workout. I'd like to get in some yoga, but I'm not sure if I'll have time.

Sandra - What about switching your rest day to Sat, and doing legs and kenpoX on Sunday? You could do PLB or PP legs 3x neither of which take more than about 20 minutes or you could use that homemade leg workout of Cathe's from one of those '06 rotations. It's about 20 minutes or so too. I'm not sure how effective you think Legs & Back is, but you could either skip the legs part and do weighted leg work that day and just add in the pull/chin ups. That's what I'm going to do. I didn't find L&B to be that effective for me and I'll probably sub plyo X here very shortly. You know what else Cathe does is use a light lower circuit the day before a leg day. That would be an option too. For example, on any of the cardio days you could sub BC lower premix, or HST cardio/lower premix, or CTX power circuit. You could do that on Thursday. That would be another way to get more legs in and surely a shock. The good thing about building density in the legs with weight work is that your cardio becomes more effective, well at least mine has. The last phase, I would dump Legs & Back, if you really want to see change, and do the June 06 leg work. It has S&H legs 2x per week, then PLB legs 2x per week, then LL 2x and GS 2x. It gave me great results. Those workouts were strategically chosen and it just seems to layer and layer on the fatigue, so that by the end, there is no leg muscle that does not feel really worked. Decisions, decisions....

Here is my tentative plan for the week; yoga is almost always in the plan, but if I get it 5 days a week I'm happy. I have to do it after a run. I'll probably sub an Amy Hi/Lo or step for plyox next week, and I may even sub the KB for Kenpo this week. I'm having too much fun with those:)

Sat - Chest & Back, yoga, Amy's Dome workout (core, great core work, no hip flexors)
Sun - PLB standing only, plyo X, maybe yoga
Monday - SH & Arms, Amy's dome workout, yoga
Tuesday - Run - Yoga
Wednesday - 4DS legs, Kenpo X (no extended stretch), add in pull/chin ups from Legs and Back, yoga.
Thursday - Off
Friday - Run - Yoga

I guess I'd better shower and go finish the wash or something or another. We have another cold, damp, rainy, dreary day here.

Tracy

Hi there! Back for a quick chat before I head over to CB's place. Instead of going out to a movie, we are going to get some Mexican and then go back to his place and watch some dvds and cuddle on the sofa. Sounds good to me! It has been so quiet around here today with no child around. Kind of weird actually. I talked to her this afternoon and she is having fun with her step grandma's 2 Jack Russell terriers.

I ended up doing a kind of mish mosh of cardio...The standing portion of Billy's Boot Camp Abs...then a Crunch Boot camp video that has aerobics, plyo and light weights. It ended up being about 45 minutes which was just right for me. I guess I have to do legs tomorrow. Can you tell I am really looking forward to that???

Personals......

Sandra....
It sounds like you were a pampered woman today...lying around in bed, chatting with the gals, cuddling with the kids, and breakfast in bed! Is it your birthday and we missed it??? I'm not sure that the worst part of the visit with XDH is over with...once we get done with the separation agreement signing, I will feel better. I want to make sure that I am financially taken care of...not that I think he will be bad about it, but one never knows. I think that maybe it was a good thing he found out about CB before he got here...no overtones of trying to get back together....which would just make me uncomfortable. As far as maintaining fitness goals over the long haul...I have the same problem. I really want to maintain where I am weight wise...and gain some muscle definition when and where I can...but overall, I feel good about where I am...so it is hard for me to set goals for myself now. I mean, I could always lose an inch or 2 here and there...but I enjoy my steaks and my wine...and at this point, I am not willing to give that up for a few more defined muscles. I admire people who can do this...and eat the right way all the time...but I have attained most of my goals by watching what I eat and using heavy weights. I just emailed Traci a few days ago to help me with a lean rotation...part of my problem is that I just get bored without seeing the results I see with heavy lifting. I think it is great that you might pursue personal training. Part of the reason I am getting into physical therapy is for those same reasons. My interest in physical therapy really lies with sports related injuries. WooHoo on the power mode!! You go girl and get all of those projects done that you have been putting off! As far as your next week plan....if you don't want to take off Sunday as Tracy suggested, you could switch Wed and Thurs workouts and then add legs to Kenpo on Saturday...and if you want just drop a cardio off one of your days...maybe extend your yoga session longer than the 50 minutes MH takes. Just another idea.

Tracy...
I can't believe you skipped the floor work of PLB...LOL!!! So how long will your workouts take per day to complete on average? I just can't spend as much time on exercising, I don't think. It's wonderful you have the time to do it. How did the bookkeeping go?? Is DH back from FIL's yet or are you still avoiding phone calls...LOL!

Okay...I must go to get in the shower...You ladies have a great night and I will see you in the morning fresh from the glow of spending a fun evening with CB...LOL!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Tracy,

Thanks for the thoughtful input on my workouts! I think this Friday I'll do Power Circuit instead of CardioX. The third phase I'll definitely take your suggestion and do the June 06 leg work. I don't find Legs & Back very challenging, but I needed Tony to motivate me to get back into the pull ups. I feel ready to incorporate them on my own again.

Which Amy step do you recommend?

DD's cake is baking in the oven, turkey carcass is simmering on the stove for stock, chili is cooking in the crockpot, and bread is rising on the counter. The smells don't get any better than that!

Sandra

Rest Day, as if I haven't had enough:p

Starting week 5 over again this week and planning to do it well:)

Busy day around here so I can't do personals but I will return tomorrow:*

Nicole

Bring it!!!

01_10036401102.gif
[/url]

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm starting to worry that I won't have time to do the workouts and the checkins;-) Just kidding, it's great that you have such a supportive group!

Traci I'm so sorry for you loss. Somehow a loss during the holidays is even harder. We lost our other dog about 4 years ago on Christmas Eve. She had been so sick and I was hoping she would make it through the holidays before any decisions had to be made. Christmas Eve morning I got up and went to work. DH was home with the kids and phoned me at work mid morning to let me know that she passed away and I guess it was pretty awful for the kids to see. DS, I think was 6, at the time and he was so upset that he cried all Christmas Eve and kept saying that he didn't care about Christmas. He wouldn't even open presents. It does get easier with time though.
Thanks for the advice about nutrition. Eating is always my downfall. I have no problem with exercise but I definitely tend to overeat. Did you follow the nutrition plan in the program?? Did you take the supplements? I'm going to start on the nutrition plan because I think I really need something structured to get me back on track after all this holiday eating.

Debra- This must be a real stressful time for you. I sure hope your dd enjoys this time with her dad. She must not get to see him very often with him living so far away! What does he do in Russia, if you don't mind me asking?
That's so exciting that your going to become a physio assistant! What's your current career? In Canada we don't currently have accreditated programs for rehab aides (speech, physio and occupational therapy) and I'm currently on the national board to look at developing accreditated rehab aide programs so would love to hear more about your program when you start!

Sandra- I did receive my Cathe calendar before Christmas and I didn't order it the first day or anything. We were up in Edmonton two summers ago for a family vacation, a beautiful city! What are you taking your Phd in? I know one person who is a professor at U of Alberta, she's in the medical rehabilitation faculty.

Carol- I would love to see your blog if you get a chance to post the link!

Tracy- That's a difficult job you have! I have lots of respect for teachers and even more for special education teachers! I have never worked in pedriatrics myself. I have moved around in OT quite a bit. Presently I treat outpatient hand injuries at a large hospital. I mostly see post surgical patients for rehab.

I can believe the number of push ups and pull ups you can do! I did just get a pull up bar but can't really do one completely unassisted but can do a few with one foot on a chair. Doing the Fit Test, I was able to do 20 pushups on my toes. I think I will start the classic rotation and if things are going well add in some running during Phase 2.

Jeannette- Sounds like you're having a nice visit with your sister! I have two sisters and we all live in the same city and spend lots of time together. I sure hope everything is okay with your Grandma!

Winnipeg is on the prairies so very flat and open. Very cold winters with tons of snow and high windchills and very hot summers. Lots of lakes with a couple of hours and most people have some kind of cottage at a lake. We're about two and half hours directly north of Grand Forks, North Dakota and Grand Forks plays host to many Canadians every weekend as most good are cheaper to buy across the boarder.

Just curious, what does ARX stand for??

Thanks for the warm welcome! Kim

Good evening,
No workout for me today, but got a very short bike ride in. Only 1 other showed (my friend John) and we rode a short way before he went home. I was going to continue around the loop, but then got a flat tire on my bike. I thought, no problem, I'll pull over here by the Highway Patrol Office, out of the wind, and change it. I forgot that I'd removed my small pump and hadn't replaced it. I rode for about 1/4 mile on a leaking tire, then got off and walked about a mile home, pushing my bike. Fixed the tire at home, ate lunch, then decided to spend some time with my BIL and DS so didn't get back on the bike to finish the ride.

Grandma is still in the hospital. They are still not sure what's going on with her, could be reflux or gall bladder, but they don't think she's actually having heart problems. Her enzymes (not sure which ones) are still WAY up. They are supposed to do an ultrasound on Grandma tonite and my sister will call with the results. Sister and BIL will still probably be here a day or two longer but that's okay. I'm thinking of calling off from work tomorrow.

Hoping to get a workout in tomorrow. Restart on Week 5. Right now we are watching Pirates of The Caribbean. Also rented "What About Bob?". Also got Murphy's Pizza tonite and had a couple pieces. First pizza I've had in months. Oh well, it was tasty.

Traci, thanks for the positive wishes for Grandma. She's been feeling pretty well in the hospital today, no more episodes and of course wants to come home. Our fear is that she'll go thru this again and off she has to go to the hospital again. Hoping they find out what is causing this. I told my sister to mention gall bladder attacks as something to look into also. What kind of tree will you plant in the spring, in Sandy's memory?

Tracy, sorry you didn't get the ride in. I was just a little bummed that mine ended with a flat, but I got to spend more time with my loved ones so it was okay. I used to stress about that kind of thing, but no more. I'm finally getting a bit wiser in my old age maybe. My Dad has bladder cancer and has to be scoped every few months to have the new growths zapped. He never complains though. He's had that for probably 7 or 8 years now I think. It's pesky. They don't seem to care about finding other alternatives or treatments. So sorry about the situation with your FIL. Sounds like some not so good decisions made and lots of bad feelings still going on. My Dad's family still has some bitter feelings from the estate distribution probably 20 years ago. They just can't let it go.

Debra, so glad to hear that your XDH made it okay and DD is happy. Thank you for the nice wishes for Grandma. Hoping she recovers and they find out what's causing the chest discomfort. When I had my gall bladder attacks, I thought I was having a heart attack too. I actually went out in the front yard tonite and practiced hitting some whiffle balls. I would love to golf at the course near to you, but think I will be so busy visiting with all of you wonderful friends that golf will have to wait. I also tend to carry a lot of tension in my shoulders and neck. Come to think of it, a massage would be wonderful for me too. I plan on doing another wonderful spa visit with my DS's girlfriend the beginning of February.

Sandra, your morning sounds just wonderful! I'd love to be pampered by my children or DH, but I have nothing to complain about. You are so right about us short people requiring so few calories to maintain. Plus, I think as we age, our metabolisms just get more and more efficient. Like I said before, if I was a steer, they would love me as I can thrive on a very little food, even with exercising. Your DD's cake sounds lovely. Did she get it made today?

Kim, isn't it nice having sisters to spend time with? I'm so fortunate that my 3 other sisters and I all get along so well, and always have (except for the pinching and hair pulling and fighting we did while growing up). Winnipeg sounds like some extreme weather. We have snow here but only get a few days down to zero in the winter. Not too many days around 100 in the summer so it's not too bad. I'm hoping to hear something about Grandma's ultrasound soon. So glad you are posting here with us. Usually, I post in the mornings and then again at night, but here lately with sis here, it's only been at night. Just post when you can.

Got to go.

Jeanette

It is finished!!!

Got down to business today and finished the gingerbread house. Yeah!!!!:D:D

Here are the pictures:

295724211.jpg

295724212.jpg

295724217.jpg

Nicole

Bring it!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.