Xers.....Simply Saturday.......

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

I couldn't sleep which is bad on a Saturday, so I got up at 4. I did LL, and run and yoga yesterday. This rotation is tough. Luckily DS went running with me. He felt great, my legs were tired from the 3rd leg workout this week plus it had to be close to 100% humidity and in the 90s. He kept a nice pace and that helped me to push myself more than I would have if I'd gone by myself.

I'll be back later. I'm not sure what I'm doing today. It is a rest day, but I'll probably do some yoga and I'd like to ride my bike, but that might not happen. The heat is supposed to be dreadful today.

Anyone listen to the Modern Skirts? I have that on now, they really are pretty good.

Tracy

Good morning TracyX,

Argh, insomnia. You have a long day ahead of you now. That rotation did look pretty tough when I glanced at it. But you've got one week down! Only 3 more to go! :) Thanks for the link to the book. I'll check it out.

This morning I'm going to do DrillMax, as produced. Then maybe some yoga. TracyX, I remember you commenting on the stretch with that workout, and I have to agree with you. It's strange, for Cathe. It's as though she goes through this whole forward bend segment, then started the stretch all over again, and one segment should have been edited out.

Well, I've procrastinated too long. Time to go create some heat. Do you think all us Catheites contribute to global warming?

Cheers,
SandraX

Tracy- that book looks really interesting. I think that I may pick up a copy as well.

Sandra- Good luck with DM!

Work was fine, nothing exciting, but then again, that's what I like, nothing exciting, right?

Just a quick check in before heading to bed. Oh, I got my platemates yesterday! I love ordering from Amazon....prices are good and they ship fast! Now all I need is my lifting straps and I'm set...for now, anyway!;-)

Hugs!:*

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Tracy-X: Thanks for the link! Very interesting. I like how he doesn't believe in calorie restrictions. That never works for me. I like his basic philosophy. I've always held to the idea that I should listen to my body's hunger/fullness signals and cycles. I would like to see what he suggests I feed my body to build lean muscle mass. I plan on pre-ordering NROL4W this fall. Dec seems so far away! Even further away is the thought of investing 6 months to free weights and trying out his nutrition plan. 6 months should fly by if it works. If he's persuasive enough, maybe I'll cut the 2nd round of the X short and use his w/o recommendations. Switching subjects. Do you think this rotation might be over doing it for you? I know it would be for me. You're stronger than me, so I thought I'd ask. I'm so sheltered. What's the Modern Skits? A band?

Sandra-X: I haven't been creating much heat lately. I've really let TTOM talk me into taking it easy. I've got some much organizing to do before Monday. It's mentally draining. Thinking about what workout to do is more than my brain can handle.:7 I'll see how the day goes before making a commitment to be fit. sigh

Amy: What are playmates?

I'm running to the store to buy a helmet. I'm holding off on shoe shopping till I figure out which soles I'll need. I might invest in a new saddle. I wished I had known I would be changing saddles when I bought the bike. I could have exchanged it for a price difference. Live and learn.

Hi to all who follow!

Ballistic Hugs!
Wendy

Afternoon:) :)

Hey you guys, last night was not good, I shuold of left cookies at work ate five back to back and had a bag of popcorn. Any who, I am doing MIS just took a break cuz I'm lifting heavy. I also did an hour jog going to finish with abs. I will be back:)

Hi all,

I'm having one of those days where I realize how much cleaning etc. that I need to do around the house and it's bothering me. Usually I can just look right past it.

Annointed - I feel your pain about the cookies. DS had left a piece of cake in the fridge and I took it out to get just a bite and DH said, "After all that working out you're going to eat that?" So, I put it all in the garbage disposer without eating any. I like MIS, it's an oldie but goody. No frills, just straight up lifting.

Wendy - This rotation is hard and I see why it is difficult to lift heavy with legs and upper at the same time. Working legs 3x per week is tough and I might have to lighten up the weights next week. I do think that this will get rid of the last little fat junk that I have on my legs. I know, thinking about a 6 month workout plan is a little daunting. I still do better with the dvds, but I could entertain the idea of following the plan in the NROL for women. I'm still going to buy it though. Are you saying that you have been riding without a helmet? If so, shame on you......

Sandra - I hope you got that workout in.

Tracy

Good Morning Group!! Tracy, Sandra, Wendy, Amy and Anointed!

CTX Power Circuit is on tap for today. I was going to do 10*10*10 but decided the PC had more cardio and lower body and it was a better match. I'll let you know how it goes. I am really enjoying the CTX series! So glad I got it:)

Be back soon,

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Hi, everyone!

Wow, Tracy, I admire your self discipline putting that cake into the disposal. I'd have probably said "Yep, I worked out, so now I deserve to eat it." You go, girl!

Teddygirl, I'm commiserating with you about the cookies. Yep, live and learn - but you are looking so good, and your workouts are so good. Hurray for MIS.

Nicole, enjoy that CTX Power Circuit!

Wendy - I actually need calorie logging and monitoring, unfortunately... I think we vary and have to figure out what works for us. For me, when I get away from monitoring I can easily shoot up 5-7 lbs. Yech.

Amy, so glad the plate mates are there. Woo hoo! What a fun little surprise. I hope you have a great Saturday.

I had noble plans for a double workout but ended up sleeping in and settling for Step Works. Just right. I'll hold GS Legs for tomorrow morning. (I love it, but I hate it) :) Had a great company celebration meal at Olive Garden yesterday (oy) but managed to work it into my daily calories to stay at 1470. That's the kind of lifestyle situations and decisions I need to make second nature. It's coming, I guess.

Have a great Saturday, everyone!
Cheryl

The workout was great! Just what I needed:D It is 59 min. so perfect length for a Saturday.

TracyX, Sorry you had a crummy night's sleep:( Maybe after your tough workout today you can take a nice little nap. I know, what's that? I'm sure work wanders through your thoughts at night too. It must be so nice to have your son to workout with. That must be special time for you both:) Lou Schuler's book looks great! I'll have to pick that one up.
You have a partner in cleaning:p

Anointed, Darn cookies! Mine last night was pizza:9 I make it myself and it is soooo good. Tastes like Pizza Hut but better. I sure feel it today though, puffy!

WendyX, Are you off to the bike shop today? DH said you could get a lot of the stuff he has cheaper but make sure you try it on and see what their return policy is in case it's not comfortable. Enjoy your adventure:D

Cheryl, I posted a little tidbit from Tony's blog that was great at reminding us that a workout is better than no workout. Here's the link:
http://tonyhorton.blogspot.com/search?q=cheat,+slow+down+and+take+breaks

SandraX, DM as produced....uugh;) It's been a while. I have the "Cardio Leg Blast" in line this week. I hope I make it:) I forget the stretch, I'll have to keep an eye out during it!

I'll check up later!

Nicole

Hi all,

Believe it or not, I took a nap today. When I got up DS said to the other DS, "Guess what Doodle (that's me) was doing? Taking a nap!" It's very unusual and they were like WTF!

Nicole - Funny you posted that link to Tony's blog. DS and I were having that conversation yesterday while we were running. I always feel that pushing myself when I'm tired or don't feel like it, within reason, will eventually help to get me to the next "level". I've always subscribed to that mentality and maybe that is what has helped me to be a long time exerciser. That's also why I have difficulty with the workouts planned in conjunction with the cycle that Traci has been doing or did. I feel like the body has to learn to adjust to the specific demands that you place on it; whatever day it is. I can't imagine that pro atheletes have the luxury of choosing what day to workout. JMO. I always have one:)

I love CTX circuit whatever. I used to do that and then BM circuits in one workout. That is a great hour combination.

Cheryl - It's nice that you can keep calories under control and eat out. That is not easy. I always feel like there are hidden calories in restaurant food. I usually eat salad and get the dressing on the side. Luckily I don't drink anymore, that's just more empty calories.

Off to do PUB and then yoga. It's not in the rotation until Monday, but I don't want to wait that long. Today is actually a rest day. I'll adjust it. It's almost 100 here today with high humidity again.......Yesterday was worse. The woods when we were running were a sauna. I was soaked from head to toe.

Tracy

Upper body work tonight before work! That, and I'm hauling in all 12 batches of cereal bars (fruity pebbles bars, rice krispy bars, golden graham bars, cocoa pebbles bars, cap'n crunch, and cheerios/pb bars)!

No time to read, just wanted to breeze thru for hugs!

TracyX, I agree with you about always fitting a workout in. I workout Monday thru Saturday and NEVER miss unless I'm throwing up. That article struck a cord with me in that it's better to get a good workout versus none at all because you feel like you aren't improving everyday. I have always felt I need to work harder than the day before but if I do I will wear myself out. I am starting to realize I have to workout each day and do my best each day and that's all I can do. I LOVE working out and I look forward to it everyday. It comes before most things in my list of priorities. You are one tough cookie! I am looking forward to the day my boys are old enough to be my workout partners:D

Nicole

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.