Xers......Simple Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Just getting us started on this gloomy day in the East. I hope others are enjoying better weather.

Tracy

Hi again,

I am going to do 4ds KB and legs today, plus I have to do some yoga. My tentative plan it to do 4ds legs twice this week, S&H legs twice next week, B&G twice the following week, and finish up with LL twice the last week. Almost all of the rotations with a leg focus do legs 2x hard, and some add in one easy leg workout per week, at least for a couple of weeks. I'm not sure what I'll do with upper. I was contemplating just using each of the series I'm choosing for legs, once that week for upper, but I may add in an easier upper workout each week too, plus continue to run 2x per week and then fit in indoor cardio to get in 3-4 cardio sessions per week. The running is really so beneficial; it gets so much done in so little time.

I broke down and bought Amy's KB and All Pump Extreme last night while I was supposedly shopping for others. Can you tell I like her style?

Jeanette- I saw your post on OD. The responses were not very promising. I think I have been in PM for some time now. Summer before last, I put on a lot of middle weight and I kept looking in the mirror thinking what is this? It wasn't going away no matter what, but the combination of the X last winter and hurting my back got it off (serious unintended dieting). I have been able to keep it off, but I do watch what I eat very carefully, plus I think the weight work is very helpful. Maybe it's time for a shock to your workout routines. You've been doing something similar for quite a while now. I also wonder when I'm late or skip if it is not because of low BF and low hormones. I did just finish a tough rotation, with lots of new cardio.

Carol- I hope you can get rid of the crud. Maybe a rest day will help. Kenpo X never really did it for me either. I think once I gave up on it being cardio and decided that it was a core/upper/ lower shaping workout, I was OK with it.

I think I caught up with everyone else yesterday.

Tracy

Classic/ Week 3/ Day 7/ Rest (or XStretch, if I get around to it).

Good Simple Morning. It's been very quiet with this group this weekend. How's everyone doing?

Tracy....I like the sounds of your plans. I notice Gym Style Legs and Legs & Glutes aren't in there; do they not fit the bill? What upper body will you use for the BG week? According to my HRM, KenpoX does indeed get the heart rate into the cardio conditioning zone, and burns only slightly less calories than a step workout. I think the pause in between each combo makes the workout feel easier. But really, it's a nice cardio workout, especially at the end of a week of beating up the body. I could have sent APX to you; is it too late to cancel? I haven't used it but the one time, and it's not my cup of weight-work tea. My goodness, your neice really got unlucky with her bowels, didn't she? Poor girl. How's she doing? I think chronic depression is directly linked to those bowel diseases, is it not? Did you get your tree?

Nicole....Did you enjoy KenpoX yesterday? I don't need any patience at all for the crafts, which is why I do them LOL! I bring the children to Michael's, they have everything set up in a room, there's a lady who takes them through the craft, and even cleans up after them!! I pay my $3/child, and walk out the door, beaming with pride at the newly made treasure that has been lovingly dedicated to me. It's a good day for all of us :)

Jeanette....Oh, what a frustrating workout for you yesterday!! The little I've learned about menopause suggests that the decrease in estrogen is responsible for the expanding middle. This promotes the body to store fat in the stomach. Darwinian explantion: no longer fertile, females lose the hour-glass figure that signals to the male that she is a good mate with which to carry out propagation of the species. My point: I don't know if you're destined to gain surplus fat, but if you do, then it's likely to be in your tummy. And no, I don't think you revert back to your girlish figure when you're post-menopausal. Well, yeah, I've actually thought lots about doing the Personal Trainer thing, or the class instructor. I'm in the process of finding out what the Canadian requirements are for these occupations. But I'm also seriously considering taking the Canadian Securities Certificate and getting a career in finance. But then I think I should hammer out the last of my thesis and possibly teach some courses at the university. And with all of this I think, but I don't want someone else taking care of my children while I do all this. I'm caught in a web of "Yes, but...."s.

Debra....Glad you got personal with Eoin yesterday. I'm only doing Coresyn once this week, and the rest will be Cathe or Shiva. I take Recovery Week to mean: something different than P90X that doesn't include heavy muscle work, but isn't sitting on the couch eating bon bons, either. Tracy did indeed bestow the Best Mom crown on me yesterday!! Ha ha!! Catch me if you can!! Nope, the boy's not coming because we are having a Xmas dinner party with his parents the next day. There are three girls invited to the party, and I think only 1 will likely end up sleeping over. That's not so bad. They're all potty trained :) DD#1 is looking over my shoulder and wants to know what the Japanese writing means in your Meez??

Carol....Feel better soon!

Traci....No laptop at the Bay this weekend? Well, we'll see you when you get back. Have a nice time!

Cheers,
Sandra

Hi Sandra - I guess it's just me and you today. I probably subconsciously left GS legs out because by the time I got to that one on the last rotation I was done. It was mentally very painful to do. On B&G week I'll be free to do whatever upper body suits me. Yes we did get a tree and it is up and half decorated. You are right and I do think depression accompanies those bowel diseases, but depression is also on Dh's side of the family, so she could have gotten a double whammy. I may go check Amazon and see if I can change the order. Then I wouldn't have spent enough to get free frieght, but I guess I could get that Eion that I have been eyeing. I just liked APX as a change; change is good. Kenpo may burn the same calories, but it never felt the same as a good heart pumping deep breathing cardio session. I guess it's a good way to get cardio without thinking you are really getting it.

Hi to all who follow,

Tracy

Good morning all! Wait...it's 1:40, isn't it!?! Oh, well, at least I'm alive! I had a great time on my date with my "boyfriend" last night...but we stayed up waaaaay too late! And today, I have done pretty much a whole lot of nothing...I really would like to get a workout in...but it is not looking too promising right now. I may end up doing some more yoga today...It's either that or maybe Squeeze which I always enjoy when I am not in the mood to workout. We had a really nice dinner last night...I got a salmon dish with a artichoke and olive salsa and CB got tilapia with a crab sauce...Yummo! I like going out to dinner with him because he likes to share our meals and XDH would never let anyone touch his food.

And to all of you who commented about my chipped tooth...the difference is that at age 18 my teeth were apparently a lot stronger than they are now at almost 41!!!

You guys are quiet today...which I guess makes it easy for me to catch up with personals!

Sandra*****I am going to have to scheme a way to get back my tiara. I don't think it will include a slumber party, though! I have no idea what the writing on the meez says...I picked the picture because of the snowy mountain...although it is 75 degrees here today. I like your thoughts on recovery week...it gives you a nice break from Tony to help with the boredom factor. It seems like you have a lot of irons in the fire in regards to careers....Are any of those career paths (besides the personal trainer, of course) able to give you enough flexibility to be at home with the girls...especially once the toddler is school age? I picked physical therapist assistant in part because of the flexibility in hours...also I am asking XDH for alimony until DD is 12 and can spend time at home alone. I was cracking up reading your Darwin explanation for the post menopausal spread...It makes perfect sense, though, but I don't think Jeanette wants to hear that!

Tracy*****I admire your dedication to leg work. I know your legs must look like steel!! It takes so much for me to do legs just once a week...Before doing the X I usually didn't even do a leg workout...I just used whatever cardio I was doing as my leg workout. I have certainly seen a huge difference by just adding in a separate leg workout once a week. Your rotation sounds good, though. I am impressed as usual!

Carol****Hope you are feeling better soon! So sorry you are sick again...poor girl.

Jeanette****Glad your crankies seemed to go away after you got started with your day yesterday. Did you get your ride/golf/shopping in today?? At least I am not being called "mama" by someone else's child...I think that would freak me out....even at 40! I love the Seinfeld shows too...Elaine was always my muse! I can't believe you are giving Sandra the mother of the year award...I thought it was mine...LOL!!! Vegas is a great place to meet...but everyone is always welcome here!!

Well...that catches me up for now...DD is begging to get on the computer and play with her webkinz..so I guess I will let her! Happy evening to all!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Good morning, oops afternoon now,
Got a short (10 mile) bike ride in this morning. The temps were in the high 20's so we (my 75 year young friend and I) went fairly slow due to windchill temps. Afterwards, I treated him to a latte at Starbuck's. Am going to change clothes and hit the golf course for 9 holes here shortly. Then plan on setting up the tree and decorating. Okay, that's the plan. Oh yes, I plan on starting the Garage Boys session this Wednesday night. Think they have an extra trainer (not a noisy wind trainer like mine) for me to use on Wednesday.

Tracy, so your weather is gloomy today? It's nice and sunny here, though in the 30's today. At least the wind isn't blowing much at all. I am hoping that the "muscle confusion" part of P90X will be good for shaking things up. Is that what you are thinking of for "shocking" my body? Any other suggestions? I really only want to work out for 60 minutes a day. I guess any extra time that I have, I don't want to exercise (golf, out on 4-wheelers, relaxing). See, I am the laziest of the Xers. You have gotten awesome results and really plan your workouts well. I do not want to be one of those top heavy middle aged women that I see constantly at the grocery store. Big upper bodies and small lower bodies. I guess I want it all, and it sure takes lots of smart work to look good. I just don't want exercise time to rule over everything in my life. Okay, enough from me on that. I do appreciate your feedback so please make any suggestions. You are one smart cookie! Glad you got your tree up. I hope to be able to say that I did ours tonite too.

Sandra, wow, lots of options for you careerwise. You've got so much going for you, looks, smarts, great mom and you are one witty lady! I wish you much success. LOL about the newly made treasure! I still have a leather patch on my keychain that my son made for me 20 years ago. Will never quit carrying that. Bummer about the menopausal weight gain thing. I don't usually have a tendency to carry my weight in my gut, but it looks like that's where it will end up. I should ask Diane Sue on the Hardcores how she does it. Except I know, she works really, really hard, and long workouts. Not something I want to do.

Debra, glad you had a good time with CB last night. Are your colds both history? Your dinner last night sounded yummy! So you liked Elaine too? I loved that show where she's in the bathroom stall and asks the gal next to her if she can "spare a square". I'm working on getting all of my list done: shopping - check, cleaning - check, bike ride - check, golf - not checked yet. Tree up and decorated - not checked yet. Okay 2 things to do yet. Guess I'd better get a move on.

BBL,

Jeanette

Home from golf now. Saw no one else on the course at all. After warming up some, I started to play better and get my drives straight and in the air. My putting was good (for me). Really enjoyed it, though it got colder as I got near the end of the 9 holes. I also had to go pee and there were no bathrooms open (course is closed, honor system of play) so of course, that was on my mind.

Now I need to get up from here and go get the decorations out of the garage. Anyway - golf, check.

BBL,

Jeanette

Back late from bay.... NICOLE:eek: I got a sunburn yesterday/today basking in the 88 degree sun! Thought of you!!!

No time to read/write guys... told DH I had to check my emails "real quick"}(

Will read/write tomorrow ... XXOO

Just stopping by before heading to bed...I am to old to stay up late anymore...LOL! I ended up doing Squeeze today....I really enjoy that workout..It keeps my interest and I certainly feel it. My buttocks and hips were screaming by the end. I promise to do cardio tomorrow. I actually have a pretty busy morning planned and I have millions of phone calls to make tomorrow. I didn't do much today except a few loads of laundry.

Traci----Glad you guys made it home safe and sound. Hoping that Sandy is still doing well.

Jeanette---Sounds like you got most everything done today that you wanted to...I am sure you are busily putting up that tree right now. Congrats on your improvements with your golf game. I'll bet you'll be glad to start back up with the Garage Boys...Nice they have a trainer you can use. My cold seems to be pretty much history...still a little drainage, but nothing bad. There are so many episodes with Elaine that I love...The one with the mannequin that looked like her, the one with the skinny mirrors, the one where she danced at the party, the one with the barking dog, the sponge worthy one...just to name a few! Can you tell I really like Elaine?? There are also a million episodes with Kramer that I love too. Sounds like pretty chilly weather to be riding in today!

Nicole---Where are you today??? Hope all is well with you!

Carol----Hope you are taking it easy and nursing that yucky cold!

Waving to all other MIA Xers..Hope you guys are frolicking and having fun this weekend!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.