Xers........Saturday Spending..............

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

I couldn't sleep and was up at 5am probably because of hormones. I've already ordered my STS, there was no point in waiting.

Tracy

WOW Tracy! You were up so early for a Winter Saturday... Hopefully a nap today for you????

I got my preorder in as well - slept (w/ a few interruptions) from 8pm to 630am:eek: Thats HUGE sleep for me!

I have an office filled floor to ceiling with paperwork so thats my day pretty much.... just want to get it all organized so I go throw in DH's office marked TAXES:7

Round 2: Lean w/ extra Legs}( : Last Day of Phase 2 Week 2.... Going into homestretch of this phase tomorrow- I will be in my strongest cycle days so want to get a good strong 3rd week in....

My body is soooooo sore today- I hope Super Kenpo doesnt kick my booty to bad! I will probably leave it for a PM workout just so I have 24 hrs rest under my belt.

Need more coffee before I can read yesterday & catch up- looks like a verbal group again! Zippity!:7

Good Morning Xers!!

Saturday Spending is right on for me today, lol. I was going to bang out Kenpo this morning, but I slept in instead :D I have a hair cut appt this morning and a big shopping trip for later this afternoon with my mom and sister (pray for my sanity! lol). I got some fabulous gift cards for Christmas and my bday, so I'm hitting everyone's clearance sales and stocking up! I did order the STS, though, as my aunt sent me a very nice check for my bday. She would definitely approve of using it on fitness. She's very fitness-oriented. Even the day she called me (Thursday), she had been to an HIIT spin class that morning and was off to Pilates in the afternoon. She's over 60, so I give her kudos for keeping herself in such great shape. Anyway, I'll be hitting Kenpo later on when I get home.

Wendy -- Ok, when I first read about going BACK to Thailand, my jaw DID hit the floor ;-) But now it seems like you've made up your mind. Good luck with everything. And yes }( to you for leaning out with cruddy eating, lol. You must have genes like Cathe. Some people are just naturally thin. You just have some genes!

Jeanette -- I am seeing results, but not as much as I'd hoped for... I'm seeing good strength gains and endurance, too (I can now do all the reps in ARX when I was really struggling to make it through in the beginning), and just yesterday when I was doing the Drill Max Cardio Blast premix, I noticed how, without even really thinking about it, my jumping was very quiet (like Spiderman or Catwoman, lol). The once/week Plyo has played a big part in that. I'll probably keep Plyo in my regular rotation after my round of the X. Iron Woody makes these HUGE bands for training, and some people started using them for assisted pull-ups, so they put together a package for just that purpose: http://www.ironwoodyfitness.com/fitness-bands-stretch-bands-purchase.php and they're (for me) much better than using a chair. They're really fun and quite effective :)

Traci-X -- LOL on the whining. I'm pretty mentally tough, but this week has been a challenge just because of my super busy schedule (busier than usual). I'm glad I still have another active week in Phase 2 so I can settle back down into the routine again. I'm definitely NOT among those that can BRING IT well early in the morning, lol. My hypothalamus needs time to wake up!! Great job with the EARLY training, though! I hope you feel awesome today after all that sleep. I'm glad you're finally catching up :)

Debra -- Kiddos are 9 (DS), 6.5 (DD1), and 4 (DD2). DS just started Kenpo Karate this week and is loving it :D We'll be looking into the family plan and doing it together.

Kim -- Great job sticking to the plan! I'm with ya, my weight is pretty much the same as day 1, but my fat has come down :D and I'm definitely stronger. Keep up with it and I'm sure you'll see some great results, too!

Sandra -- Sorry, but I cheated on Tony with Eoin this week, lol. I couldn't make myself deal with 90 mins of yoga this week. I did Strong, Free & Happy instead. I haven't done that mix in ages and it was fun :)

Lea -- I, too, have a minor heart murmur. I hope your test goes well!

Nicole -- UGH! I'm sorry to hear about your knee. I hope it's just a minor issue and clears up quickly!!

Christiane -- Ooh, scrapbooking! I love to do that, I just wish I had time to! lol. I'm glad you had a nice visit with your friend :) Good luck with today's workout. CST is a toughie!

Hi to everyone else!! I hope you all have a great day!

Carol

For those curious- below is a link I found that will calculate your 1RM & various %’s – Its what Cathe will be using w/ her STS program…. Based on what I see it could differ from Cathes calculator a bit but I’m going to start using this for myself & my star client for awhile to test it all out.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/1rm.htm

Round 2: Lean
Phase 2: Week 2: Day 6

Kenpo+

BACK FOR A Little catch-up CHAT ……

TEDDYGIRL:::
Your hair is just so cute! It IS short just like you said! When I call my hair short it touches my shoulders! Hope you get that Ted to buy you a new computer! Feel like we haven’t seen you much since before Christmas. Miss YOU!!!

TRACY…
I do hope all parties @ work settle down and back to a routine. Do you think that the lack of routine contributed to any of the children issues this week? How very exciting about designing a program for your co-worker! I’m telling you TRACY- get your certification so you can do a 12.00 DBA and write off ALL your fitness related stuff. I can email you more stuff about the financial/tax end if you want…. Having my write-offs will save our butts this year… One reason I quit working a few years ago was that it put us into a 52% tax bracket! I WILL NOT work just to pay more taxes & keep less in my pocket.. This business will allow me to show a loss at the end of the year…. ~~~ Thanks for AB + info… Maybe I’ll preview DVDs while I organize office today… I think with all the plus orders BB may be slow in getting me my bar…~~~ROF on the Xmas boxes!! That’s exactly the kind of thing I do to DH surrounding his office…It NEVER works! LOL He will move shi* around & around for months til I explode & open the attic stairs & force him to do it… He says he doesn’t “notice” I say its all about control! HA

CAROL…
Mornin’ Early Bird! AMAZING how much $$$ one can spend before getting out of jammies! LOL ~~~Happy hair cut day! LOVE those “make me feel pretty for a day” moments. ~~~ Your Aunt sounds like me! The older I get the harder the type of workouts I do…Is that my mid life crisis showing? ~~~ I look forward to hearing your long term thoughts on Woody Bands…I think those were the ones that our Xer Amy (florida- not swifty) just got around Xmas time …. ~~~So cool your DS is getting into Tony as well! Did you order the Plus workouts??? ~~~ I do hope both you & I can complete a super strong week 3 of X… I think my recovery week will be a few cathe full body days- this lifting only 1X a week is for the birds to my body… WHY I started lean KNOWING full well I only drop BF w/ lifting is beyond me! A stupid “trial” that I feel I wasted 2 months on…OH WELL!!! Ya just cant break all those old engrained habits in some people without a lot of self sabotage I suppose! LEAN Phase 3 adds back in all the original lifting days from Classic but sheeeeez!

I have LOTS more personals to do but my cup is empty cuz I'm taking so long this morning!!!! I shall BRB!!! Hope all the rest of you are sleeping in til I catch up!
:*

Just ordered sts! Up early because my allegies were bothering me. Hope everyone has a great Saturday! Kim

Good Morning Ladies,

I've gotta call Jenn and cancel yoga class. My head hasn't stopped pounding since yesterday afternoon. Advil and sudafed sinus doesn't seem to want to work.x(

Instead of preordering STS, I booked a flight for Thailand. I leave next Friday. I'll be home Feb.5th. I think I can handle 2.5 weeks.:7 I'm not going to be bringing a baby back with me!:p But, I do plan on gathering information to help us make a decision to go forward or not. The last thing I want is to be stuck there with a child or baby for more than 2 months in the summer without air conditioning!!!

Tracy: How soon do you wager the STS dvds will be shipped? I hope they finish them and ship them to y'all in record time!!!

Traci: Phase 2 Week 3 Look Out!!! You should really be able to bring it on next week. Then you can look forward to a nice recovery!!! Thanks for the link. I'll bookmark it for future reference.LOL

Carol: [font color = red][font size +1]Happy Birthday Carol!!!![/font][/font] Have fun shopping and getting you hair done! Another STS preorder. It will be very difficult for me not to succumb to the temptation!

Okay, off to digest yesterday's posts.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Hi all,

Today is C&B, and core+. If I have the time and energy I might try interval + just for the fun of it or I might go ride my bike. But that is looking unlikely.

Carol - Remember it is not all about the scale. Have fun spending the gift cards. Kudos to your aunt. I hope to be like that when I'm 60.

Traci - I try not to let all He## break loose when I get frustrated. In a house full of males it just earns me the confirmed title of bit*&!

Tracy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL!!!! I'll have to add it to the Xer listing!!! Have a FABULOUS DAY!!!!

Well guys- I am either writing in slo-mo today or you all just said so many interesting things yesterday!!! I shall perservere!!! I have responded to yesterdays post thru # 16 or so.... THERES 32!!!! :7 :7 :7 I shall post what I have and be back a bit later to catch up with all- We are interesting people arent we???:*

Back again!

LEA::
Way to go on the Friday workouts! I don’t think I’ve done ARX 12 times in BOTH rounds! LOLOLOL … I have found that crunch/floor type stuff has its place but I certainly have seen better results from mixing up more non-traditional work and Kickboxing work. I think its GREAT to mix it up- I hope Cathes new core work reflects all this since shes doing multiple Core workouts. ~~ Got my Power Juicer Elite yesterday so will be on a juicing kick for a few weeks! I am going to alternate juicing with Green Smoothies as the latter fills me up so much more. There are some cool recipes in the 2 books they sent with it so I’ll email you some as as I try them. This machine makes all the Almond, Soy & Rice milks as well so it should last me more than a few months!

NICOLE…
I just don’t know what to say at this point! Many hugs & healing thoughts heading your way…. Is there anything that’s causing you some major stressors that is contributing? My experience is that our mental health directly correlates to our physical health. From afar it just appears to me that your body is SCREAMING @ you to address some things… If you want to privately you know you can email / call. I say its time to listen to your body and take action. Just my thoughts sweetie. ~~ So glad you got that bar so fast!!! I think it will be a “HA” moment for me as well! OH WELL- that makes it a good investment, right?

DEBRA…
Well hows our sleepless Xer doing today???? I bet by the time I get this posted you will have reported on last nights zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz’s . I would LOVE to be in a class with you! I bet you are just a bundle of energy & enthusiasm! I think we’d drive a teacher nuts together!!! I LOVE learning & get so excited- ~~~~Looking forward to hearing all about date night… Well maybe not ALL! ~ Your birthday is sneaking up FAST! I thought it was 3 weeks away but looked at calendar & I see that I lost a full week of my life somewhere- I so dislike that part of stress.. THANKFULLY those horrid days are behind me & I can resume some semblance of normalcy once again. ~~ I originally decided against going to bay because of last weekend’s meltdown. I figured I had spent the worst lonely days/nights @ home last weekend so I wanted to face my fear and do it again to show myself that it does get easier. So far just a couple of tears but its not so intense…. I don’t like being afraid of emotional pain so I tend to “jump back on the horse” so to speak. ~~ BANANAS~~ such a smart girl! Take care of that beautiful body you have worked so hard for!

LAURIE…
I didn’t get a rotation booklet! I probably just 5 minutes ago threw it out w/ the trash man if I did! UGH!!!!!!!!! THAT’S why I hate when I get disorganized! Now I’m gonna POUT & STOMP all day at myself! ~~ I LOL’s when I read you were to lazy to go upstairs & get Eoin but you did L&L! For me L&L is torture!!! (good torture but still…)
How great about DD!!! I think a good leg program would help her running even more as well… I think the key is going to be to start her slowly… For 2 weeks she does 1 leg w/o then adds in another etc…. also maybe having her focus on form vs. weights or reps. This way she wont be so sore that it hinders her running. She could develop a horrid mental block about legs & weights if that happened… ~~~ ^5 on the work stuff!!! That’s so rare these days!!! Now where’s that RAISE that goes w/ it???

I shall return!!!:*

Good morning,

I have a full day of kids' crafts, swimming & dancing lessons today. I'm sure it will go fine, but I slept in this morning until 7am, so have to go get my workout done right away. What workout you ask? Heck if I know. I want to do a cardio/lower body circuit, I think, but I can't decide which one. I don't want to toast my legs too bad, when I plan to start a lower-body focused rotation on Monday. So I may end up doing the 4DS Cardio Combo premix instead. It became obvious last night when I put my jeans on for the first time in a few months that my butt and thighs have gotten bigger. I think I might have to go back to eating the Weight Watchers way if I really intend to get serious about losing the extra body fat. Ugh. I'm tired of Points counting, and I don't think WW allows enough activity points. But my new computer has a desktop widget that calculates and stores WW points, which I think is really cool and convenient. Not to mention that an eating plan that focuses on portion control is the only one that seems to have worked for me in the past. We'll see. If you think it's tiring to read my posts, just imagine what it's like to live in my head. Sigh.

I'll bbl to catch up with ya'll. Have a great day!
Sandra
- Yes, I think I'll just do the cardio and be done with it for today.

Carol, your Aunt sounds great. My mom is like that she just turned 63 and is in better shape than anyone I know. She retired so she could spend more time at the gym LOL. She spends half her day at the gym. She will go to an aerobics class, then do weights and then go for a run. I will run with her at the cottage in the summer and my goal is to eventually be able to keep up with her. Last summer ds10, my mom and I ran together a few times and I honestly was the slowest one. She's always been into fitness and is a great role model for my sisters and I.

Just finished Legs/Back and ARX. So done day 12 of the classic rotation. Kim

Good morning,

Round 2, Phase 2 Lean Rotation, Week 2, Day 6 - Cardio something

I have a bike spin session scheduled for noon, however if the fellas go out on the bikes, I think I will grab mine and ride by myself instead for an hour. Maybe a short Cardio Coach workout. It's looking nice outside right now. I also did the first 3 step combos from Christi Taylor CIA 9801 using no risers so I could learn it. It was a lot of fun. I have a birthday party for my grandson at 2 ish this afternoon.

Traci, I knew you'd order STS right away. I'm on the fence about it. I've got some paperwork to do today, but don't think I'm going to get to it. I need a kick in the butt!

Carol, I think that's so cool that your aunt still works out. That's very inspiring. LOL re: the catwoman or spiderman! So glad you are seeing results. I saw the most results after Phase 1 (1st Round) and pretty much stayed the same. I think I have some perimenopausal weight gain going on with my abs as that's where it seems to be settling. I'll have to check out your link to the bands. Have fun shopping and hope it all goes okay with your sister and mom. Oh my goodness, Happy Birthday to you!!!!

Wendy, so sorry about your pounding head. That's so awful for you, especially since I'll bet you are doing lots of planning for your trip. We will miss you so much. What special people you and your Phil are! God bless both of you.

Sandra, my, oh my you will be busy today. I need to get a move on and decide if I'm riding out or in. My friend Rod said he'd let me know what they decide to do. I'd like to do the spin session as I'll get a better workout than riding by myself. So, you did Weight Watchers before? I've been really interested in starting, especially after seeing my friend lose all that weight and she was usually pretty careful before WW. Yep, I'm lazy and don't want to have to keep doing more and more intense workouts to keep my weight down. I'm struggling with about 3 pounds since the holidays. TTOM is over so the water weight should have been long gone by now. And this pudge around the waist. It's obvious that the Lean Rotation isn't making me leaner. I think I'll stick out one more week as my eating has been better lately and I want to see if results will start showing next week. The other thing I haven't been doing is walking during the day due to the weather so maybe just not enough cardio for me.

Kim, that's great that your mom is into fitness. I'd love to get my mom out on the golf course with me. I think she would really like it and the walking of the course would be so good for her.

Got to go, BBL,

Jeanette

Hi all,

C&B is done, core +, to my best ability is done, and interval + is done. I really liked both of the new workouts. Interval plus is good for times when you want to get a lot done, in a little time and you really don't want to have to think about it. I subbed pull overs for the last 2 rounds of pull/chin ups for C&B. The elbow just felt a little too tweeky. The hanging work in core + is not all that hard, but the hanging is a little difficult. I think it might be hard for people who have not been using a pull up bar at all. Overall, there are some innovative moves and it went by quickly.

I made a green smoothie. I'm glad everyone is outside because I'm sure I'd get some teasing and especially since I can't get the last cup or so down:)

Traci - I guess I didn't realize that you have only been lifting once a week. Ohhhhh that would not work for me. I have to do some sort of weights at least 3x per week. Since I've been doing the X this time it is 4x per week. For me it is the only way to maintain muscle mass and shape; otherwise with the cardio my muscles would just be long and stringy.

Sandra - I don't like it when I put on clothes that I haven't been wearing and they are tight. Luckily I have not had that problem in a while. I learned my lesson of course, I don't have the temptations that you have with the kids and outings. You know best what will work for you as far as diet is concerned. I don't count calories, but I'm aware of what I eat. I figured recently I've been consuming about 16-17-18 hundred calories. I've been really hungry the days after I lift.

Kim - Great work completing day 12. Once you get into a groove, it kind of just goes. I had never followed a rotation before, so it was kind of nice not having to think about what I was doing.

Jeanette - I'm hoping that my around the middle weight gain a year or so ago was my introduction and defeat of menopause weight gain. It goes on easy, but is so hard to loose, almost like when I was pregnant. Once I gained a pound, it did not go away. Would weight watchers work for you? I guess it is a way to monitor portions. Have fun with the bike today. Mine is still on the bike stand...

Tracy

Round 2: Lean
Phase 2: Week 2: Day 6

Kenpo+ in PM

FINALLY I’m back today to see what everyones up to….

CHRISTIANE::
So glad to see we didn’t lose you!! I bet you are going to be super busy crazy with upcoming travels…. Have a great time if we don’t see you between now & then. ! So happy to hear the neck is in active recovery mode now!!!! I laughed at your declaration of I’m NOT A RUNNER! We appear to be in the same “club”. I don’t take it too seriously- even running a marathon was all good fun in my mind & just a personal accomplishment… I think I perform better that way in all areas of life. Only took me a few decades to figure it all out.

SANDRA…
ROF on the late night pre-order!!!! You are too funny! It actually didn’t dawn on me to check based on time difference! LOL… I hang my head in shame as I admit that for the 1st time EVER I used express 2-day delivery! OY!!! 15 bucks!! But I used the 3 pay plan so I figured WTH! LOLOLOL I think early may for delivery. What ya think? ~~ Wonder if you’ll swim out of all your activities tonight to say HEY!... What a day woman! I am totally with you on needing to do something about my bloat/BF. I think I’m just going back to lots of juicing & Veggie Smoothies – and some soups… Its just easier that way for me- less planning & prep and mainly whole foods. I miss how my skin texture was starting to improve when I was doing it consistently. WHO KNOWS- I, like you, have a dread factor to going back to anything that requires too much attention to detail w/ food.

KIM…
I smiled @ your paperboy story…out here the carriers are paid well enough (8.00hr) that there aren’t paper boys anymore! Its all Paper Carriers who are all adults! Actually does my heart good to see adults being able to earn a living I must say… We have a very low unemployment rate in Houston so its all good! ~~ On the CRAZINESS of a pre-sale… I actually LOVE the surprise element…afterall most things are subjective anyway so why ask for every snipit of detail – if Cathes heaviest weight used is 100# it makes not 1 lick of matter in my life- I can only lift what I can lift… What diff will it make if the workout is 45 min or 60 minutes? You do what you can/need to do…. ANYWAY!!! Lolololol ~~ Congrats on your dedication & consistency with X!!! You go girl!

SWIFT AMY…
ALWAYS a hoot to read your posts! Such a busy life you lead…I can easily be called The SLUG Xer! (and I’m OK with that btw!) Impressive progress continues to be made in your strength! ^5!!!

WENDY…
DON’T LEAVE US AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! I just got use to having you around again- ya GOTTA find a way to get web access! Good Lord woman- who will keep me straight???!!! So sorry you aren’t feeling up to par today…take care.

JEANETTE…
Oh Tillie just might be smuggled to the Retreat!!! What a dear she is… I think she might be like mine & have you & DH wrapped around those cute little paws! ~~~ Glad you remembered 4DS Legs- I think it’s the most effective in terms of results in as few minutes as possible! LOL…I do add on the calf work as well. ~~ Hooray on the new hours!! Gotta love a big boss that just wants to get to retirement w/out hassles! ROF on the “32,34,36 pant story!” ~~~ Hope you get a fabulous workout ride in today!! I sense you are looking/needing a kick-butt workout on that bike! ~~ We BOTH have 3 #s from holidays to kick in the fanny! My ONLY hope ay this point is that PH 3 with more weight work will shock my system since I’ve had 2 “slacker” months (in lifting) All this cardio is keeping me retaining water…the more I do the more I retain- it’s a horrid cycle for me- C’mon Phase 3!!!

TRACY…
I think LEAN trotation is perfect for a fairly fit person who isn’t accustomed to tons of lifting… Since every move can be modified I really think most people could do lean. It was a BUST of an experiment but OH WELL… I had so much going on that was distracting me the month of December anyway I probably wouldn’t have done classic as written at any rate. ~ THAT’S how you are maintaining mass with all that cardio- I didn’t realize you were lifting 4x a week… If you (not that you want to..) cut your cardio would you also cut back to 3 day splits? Just curious. ~~ Happy to hear some reviews on PLUS…. I am eager to dig into them.

I am all caught up with Xer Happenings!!!
GREAT Afternoon/evening to all
:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

Traci - If Laurie hadn't commented on the workout book with the plus, I probably would have thrown it away. I swore I didn't get one either, but it was stuck to the back of one of the dvds. If I do an upper split and two days of legs there is my four days. I was working upper once every 4-5 days, and legs twice, so some weeks it was weight training 4x and others 3. It just seems to be a good balance for me right now. I'll probably go back to upper once every 4-5 days when I finish this, but keep legs in twice. I was looking at the rotations with the new x+ workouts. If you could stand the boredom of doing the same thing, it would probably give great results. My initial impression was that it looked pretty repetitive, but I'll have to go and look again.

I guess I'd better go clean a little more. I just got DS to help me bring some wood in. It is supposed to be nasty here tomorrow.

Any my Aussie is not doing well. I am having to put something on her food at every meal and she isn't getting around very well. I told DH, I am not ready for what's coming.

Tracy

Well so much for starting you guys this morning...x( I got a late start,I mean a very late start, very, very late start...lol. DH came back from his first January trip (Paris) and we went pretty late to bed. He came back home around 7:30, started his L&B around 7:45pm and it took him almost 3 hours to complete his workout. In MI we have a weight station a little like Cathe is 4DS, but here in Lux because of space and also investment... we have those weights that you add to a small bar with the clips and it took him forever to figure the right poundage and get through it. So we had dinner pretty late x( Then of course one needs to digest before hitting the snooze!
Well I'm back!!! I did CST today with almost the same poundage as usual but I was VERY CAREFUL with my push-ups. Did most of them from my knees. Did also ABX and added a short step cardio to the mix, so kind of a double. So officially I am Phase 2, Week 1 Day 1 as I decided to restart Phase 2 all together. I also preordered STS. Sounds very interesting. Don't you think it's a little like P90X but with Cathe's twist?
Now to some personals:

Traci-x~~ Thanks for the encouragement about running. Well I'm not even close to even THINKING about a marathon, but it's a start. But my-oh-my I feel it today. I had a bit of shin pain. But it felt soooo good! Doing taxes...YIKES! x( I hate that time of the year, specially if I have to give even more to uncle Sam...}( Also thank you for the site about the 1RM information. I'll look into it.

Carol~~ I'm not sure if I said it before but I've never done Plyo because of my back. I looked at it the other day and I am thinking to at least give it a try. There's not much room for subs in the moves but I'll try. If I wake-up and can't walk the next day, well then I know :7 Also thank you for the info for the bands assisting you for the pull-ups. I'll look into it.

Wendy~~ My heart goes to you for those terrible headaches. I just can't live with them. I don't know how you do. Hugs and kisses, I know it does nothing to aleviate the pain, but my thoughts are with you. :) You've finally decided on going to Thailand. I think it's very sage to just observe and take in all the facts and then decide if having another baby is the right thing to do. I'm sure it will come to you. Whatever decision you make will be the right one.

Sandra~~ You crank me up when you say how it is to live in your head...lol. I'm sure it's just fine and very sane;-)

Jeanette~~ You have a grandson! I thought I was the senior in this group and I am not even close to have one, unless of course there's something I don't know... lol

Tracy~~ Are these w/o you are talking about from P90X+? I was talking to DH about it over dinner tonight and he asked me to research it. I can't beleive him! He always laught at me with my DVDw/o. Thought it was... I don't know...fi-fi! Well now he's really into it. So let me know how it compares to the X.

To all the others HUGS and KISSES. I will miss tomorrow's post as I am flying to MI and we want to get our w/o in before leaving.

Guten nach :+

Oh dear TRACY, the tears started flowing for you as I read your post. Many hugs for days to come- its just unbearable isnt it? I just dont know what to say except I am so sorry and I am here to hold your hand as you did mine.
I clearly see your lifting plan now..Thanks for reminding me... I think that sort of thing is only do-able for me if I omit other things... I probably need to come up with a 4DS type thing... Maybe cardio 30min OR yoga + 1 part per day using a 6-8 # pyramid system...That may be more doable for me. What are your thoughts on that? (after X of course! I cant quit just when he's adding in all the weight work;-))

~ I wonder if one of our BB Expert Forum Searchers (LAURIE!!) can see if BB has the workouts available for download... I am so mad @ myself for being so careless- In the back of my brain I KNEW I heard about the rotations. Dog-gone-it...

CHRISTIANE!! You and DH are TROOPERS to go thru all that w/ changing weights! I'd be a big old fat unfit lady if I had to go thru that! Hats off & extra calories burned for efforts!!! Welcome to Phase 2 (again)! Seems ALOT of us are doing a re-do! ~ On X vs STS...Yes I do believe its probably exactly the same concept- actually the X prelude reads almost identical to Cathes latest announcement... What I think Cathe will do FIRST CLASS is the making of so many different DVDs - it wont FEEL like we're doing the exact same thing for months on end... I imagine that is what X will EVENTUALLY be similar to if they continue to add to Xplus series. I love the idea of all the nutritional info online but do hope its in pdf and available for those of us that need to print & hilite & digest! (*raises hand in air*) ~~ Safe Travel w/ DH - You'll be missed so come back soon!!!!

Off to tackle Kenpo+ w/out previewing of course! LOL Hope I dont smack myself in the head! :7

Hi all....sorry I haven't been around today as promised, but some things are going on with XDH that just have my head spinning. I got a letter from his attorney...and XDH is being a total SOB. Hope everyone is doing okay...and having fun with their families this weekend. I'll be around in the morning and I will catch up with you guys then once I get my head on straight.

Kisses to all!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Dear sweet DEBRA {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{huggers & :* :* :* }}}}}}}}}
I know you have alot on your mind today.... I really need to know tho-----
Does this mean XDH wont be buying me facial injections?}( :eek: }( :eek:
*** hope you at least got a little chuckle today***

I really am sorry sweets...call me if you cant find anyone else to rant on! XXOOXOXOOX

Hi all,

I'm taking another break. I think I'm just about done cleaning, washing, etc. for today.

Christiane - I have no patience for a workout that should take an hour taking that long. My hat is off to you all for being persistent. X+ seems to have a lot of body weight exercises. Interval plus wasn't as high impact as plyox, but I thought pretty darn hard. I really want to try the upper plus and the total body plus, they look good and would be a nice change. I love body weight exercises and they seem to have quite a few. Once I try them, I'll let you know. I can't do ARX. It tightens my hip flexors too much and then pulls my back out of whack.

Debra - I thought something must be up. It's not like you to be MIA. XDH must be confirming the concept of once an A$$ always an A$$. Sorry you have to go through this. I guess that's why many people who divorce have such ill feeling for each other afterwards. Be strong, don't let him get you down:)

Traci - Can you do the one body part per day and still remain injury free? I'm such an all or none, that I just can't wrap my head around that, so I prefer all upper at one time. I know, it's not what probably gets maximum results, but it works for me. I actually think that is when I made the most progress. You can easily lift 3-4 times per week and get in 3 cardio. That's all you need. The extra cardio for me is purely because I enjoy it. I'm going to go back and look at those rotations they sent with the +. Do you want me to copy the book and mail it to you? It's no problem, I can do it at work on Monday. I almost hated to comment about the dog. I cooked up some ground beef and made some broth out of the grease. Hopefully that will keep her eating.

The dryer is dinging and I'm going to put my fish on. Happy evening to all.

Tracy

CardioX

Hey there all!

I managed to get CardioX done this week. I didn't feel my knee at all this morning and I was thrilled. I thought for sure I would be on the IL for a bit. I felt it a little while doing Cardio X but I was careful not to tweak it again. I wish I know what it was that did it because I would make sure to not do it again:p I just can't believe how you can go from barely able to walk one day, to not feeling it the next. Aren't bodies funny things?

I have my house 80% of the way to total order. Laundry is 80% done as well:D I've even changed the sheets! I am being so productive.

I came home to flowers from my DH yesterday. I think he could tell I was having a tough time. It was so sweet! I haven't had flowers for a year, at least. It does make you appreciate them more:)

Happy Birthday Carol!!!! When was it? Wasn't it the big 30? When I turned 30 I thought I would have to start acting like an adult then decided against it:D I figured I'd wait ten years or so for that. How cool that you have an aunt that is so active! I hope that's me in thirty years.

Traci-X, I so wish I knew what was going on with my body. It seems like all systems are going through spontaneous shut down. It's funny, when you're younger you can find out what caused an injury, as you get older though I don't think there's always an answer. It is definitely frustrating and discouraging! Thanks for the encouragement. I feel like I am always trying to do the right thing but it never works. I'm glad it hasn't discouraged me from trying at all but after a while I feel like I'll never get back to my old self again. I am really looking forward to the STS series because I know how strict Cathe is with form and I think it will be a great way to build my muscles properly.

Kim, That story about the Sears dad just made me sad. What a trooper the man is for making his DD's his priority. It's nice to hear stuff like that. Glad to hear your calf is feeling better. I wouldn't want the IL getting bigger and bigger:) I think at various times there are always several of us with an injury or two:p

Tracy, I'm glad you enjoyed the + workouts. I think the same thing about IntervalX+. It's a good filler for the brainless days when you want a good sweat. So sorry to hear about Aussie. I think that's what keeps me from getting a pet. I used to have a horrible time as a kid when we would lose one. Enjoy those green drinks! Have you tried the Alive shake powder? It tastes pretty good and has lots of fruits and veggies in it. It has soy protein though so if you don't do well with that forget it.

Wendy, Kisses and Hugs and safe travels to you! Does this mean no April retreat for you? I don't know, you may need one by then:p

Sandra, You are too funny! I know what you mean about all the counting and tracking and journaling:p I get tired of it too then I gain weight and think it might be easier to do that than buy a whole new wardrobe. It sounds like you are doing all of the fun stuff with the girls. I'm sure they are very appreciative. You always inspire me to try and do more with my boys. Of course I'm sitting here typing away right now and telling them to leave me alone:p What a day!

Jeanette, I'm glad DG is doing well. Hope you get to the dentist soon so you can scratch it off your to do list. Have you though about getting a daschund? They are too cute and have hardly shed at all. Just make sure you find a purebred because the mutts can get a bit tempermental. It just hit me, you have a dashund:p You know how cute little miss Tillie is, right?:) What is a straight 8 workday? It must be a good thing as you sound excited. DH was asked to play street hockey with some men from church and I hope he goes. He hates just sitting around and it's better than being in the garage alone:)

Christiane, I have a friend who is a scrapbook fanatic. She is always asking me to come try it with her but alas, I have no extra time. I know I'll regret it later. A jumbled drawer full of pictures is not my idea of organized:p How is your neck today? Aren't we a sorry bunch of injured women?;) At least we've learned when to slow down, huh? Have fun visiting the States!

Debra, Big {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}! Lawyers can really screw things up! They are in it for the money and will convince anybody that they are in the right. I swear they are like HSN hosts, they make you think you have to have it but in this case there's a lot more at stake than a salad spinnerx( I hope he realizes he will be putting DD in the middle of his male pride. Let us know how you're fairing:*

Laurie, Way to go on the nod from your superiors! That always feels good:) I think PUB would be fine for DD. Remember to use the premixes on all of the strength DVD's. There are so many good upper body premixes. I'm glad you have a pupil to train in fitness. You might as well follow the growing trend and get your ACE certs while your at it;) I'm all for bugging Cathe about STS. I was all set to get it and ran out of money:( Next week:)

Swifty, Have you decided on a restaurant yet? It's your birthday so go to the best dessert place, that's my vote:D How much longer do you have before you get your certs? Thanks for the workout recommendations. I think CX was just the ticket today. I'm hoping it was just a random thing and that my knee won't bug me again. Let us know what DH gets you for the big day!

Latrese, What made you decide on dreads? It looks like you're of to a good start. How long do you want them to be? How long will that take? How is Ted doing? I hope he's taking good care of you still. Speaking of which, I don't think we've seen a picture still! You must post one:D

Off to get ready. We are going to my aunt's for dinner. I'm making a cheesy potato dish. It's going to be a long weight loss journey:p

See you all later,

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.