Xers...................................Saturday

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Another Saturday again, my how time flies. I'm going to catch up on yesterday and will bbl.

Tracy

Good Morning, Campers!!!

Work was great last night! I had one patient who was very stable. Today is upper body, haven't decided what yet, though. I might do ME or MM upper body. We'll see, I have all day to figure it out.

I hope that you all have a great day!!!

Traci- Enjoy the Bay!!!

Good morning,

I had a terrible sleep last night. I'm exhausted. I have Bootcamp on the plan for the day, and am dreading having to work that hard. I just want to go back to sleep. Unfortunately, if I want to get a workout in at all today, it's got to happen really soon. The main dead of BC is that it starts off so aggressively. Not a relaxing, drawn out warm up like some of her stuff. Then I plan on doing the KM leg conditioning drills.

TracyX - Good morning! Anything good at Costco these days?

JeanetteX - I'm glad Tillie got her stitches removed without incident. The way she cuddles with you must be adorable. Affectionate animals are a treasure. You didn't mention any weekend plans: what fun stuff will I be missing? Are you going to the woods? Do you have a long bike ride planned? Oh, wait, you said something about an 80km ride. I should go check that out again......Ah, right! Enjoy your long ride today! I don't know for sure whether we don't have the Dove chocolate, because I haven't made a consious effort to find it. I can only say that it hasn't jumped out at me from the shelves. I'll try to remember to look this week.

Nicole - What a relief it must be for you to no longer have to make such a long drive every day. What are your plans for keeping the kids amused for the summer? Do you put them in any day camps? Did you enjoy the Sneaky Lunges yesterday? Those and the wall squats were my favourite part of LB. Looser jeans? Woohoo!! You find the LM blast-only premix a "killer", yet you do PlyoX 2x in one day?? That does not compute to me :) I'd rather do the LM Blast premix 4 times, over doing PlyoX even once! I really didn't care for that workout. I like more choreography than Tony puts into any of his cardios. Makes it more fun, IMO. Pulling your hair and choking you, hm? That's no way to treat your mother!! How old is he? How old are all of your children?

Cheryl - Yay! Business is booming! Can't complain about that! SB is one of my favourites. Have a great weekend.

DebraX - I'm officially exhausted just reading what you did yesterday. Did you do all that during the SH rest breaks? They're so long that I often do house-tidying or meal prep in between sets. I always chuckle when Cathe asks if we've gone to make popcorn. I'm very interested in seeing your vacation pics. Ahhhh, the kids look adorable. Our DDs are resembling each other with the gaps in the mouths. Has she had any grown-up teeth come in yet? I'm not looking forward to the stage when they've got half baby teeth, and half grown up teeth. Their mouths look so unorganized!

Wendy - My dear, if you want to see the front side of my head, just go to the other album in my picture trail. I haven't changed a bit since those photos were taken. You picture me blond, and long, huh? Like Olivia Newton John in Grease?? "Oh Sandy!" "Oh Danny!" Used to be my favourite movie of all time. Who knew the solution to your highschool problems was to release your inner-floozy? Nice lesson to be taught at 10 years of age...

Amy - I'm beginning to reconsider my response to you y-day about the soy. I'm starting to wonder whether it's the soy that's making my stomach appear so inflated, relative to the rest of me. I'm going to switch to almond or rice milk for a couple weeks, lay off the Kashi Go-Lean, eschew the tofu for more beans or something, and see if anything changes. No, I'm not doing it for all the scary health side effects they speak off....I'm doing it for pure vanity! You can see what motivates me....I'll take another look at your yard pics when you get them organized. Glad you had an easy night at work last night. So, did you get a Thursday date with DH?

Okay, I've had a large coffee, and half an almond butter and 2x the Fruit jam sandwich (on whole wheat, of course), and am actually starting to perk up. I think I'll go give my workout a shot.

Oh, we had a ball at the Family Dance last night. I should have brought my camera. The toddler was hilarious. She could have gone on for hours. At one point we went down the hall and around the corner to buy some snacks. She took one peak at the snack table, decided that wasn't for her, and unbeknownst to me, went running back to the gym by herself for more dancing. She NEVER voluntarily goes more than 5 feet from either myself or her sister, so I was quite shocked to look up and not see her standing where I left her. I was looking around frantically for her, when an adult told me they saw her running back to the gym. I tell you I almost bust a gut laughing to see her standing in the middle of the gym by herself, shaking her diaper-clad booty like nobody's business. The girl loves to dance!

Have a great day,
SandraX

Hi all,

I've decided to give away Sculpt Sweatfest and I also have Mindy M. Cardio Tool Box. If anyone wants either, just pm me and I'll send them out. I will never do either, they are just not my type.

I'm going to ride my bike today. I'm just waiting for everyone to get up so I can fix breakfast and then I'm leaving. The AC is still not fixed, so I hope that it rains or is cloudy tomorrow. I think that I'll do S&H next week, maybe.

Amy - glad you had a quiet night at work. I've used MM and ME quite a bit lately. MM is probably my favorite upper body, except for PUB. I still think it is the all time best bang for the time spent. Keep up the good work on the diet. I'm trying to improve mine a little, but then it will come down to meal time and I'm tired or it's hot and so I just throw a salad together and say &*%$! I just haven't been able to prepare stuff in advance for daytime meals. It's not unclean, but it could be more strategically planned.

Sandra- I've been doing Cathe, along with a few others for over 20 years. I still haven't found anything else that is consistently done quite so well. I still have lots of premixes to explore to keep me busy. The KM/LM combo sounds perfect for me right now. I think I'll try that next week. Sorry you had a bad night, and I understand the dread of Bootcamp. My body doesn't like to jump right into that high impact any more.

Traci - Enjoy the bay and catch lots of fish. Triceps are the body part that I can work most effectively. I didn't even do anything but dips yesterday because they were still sore from Monday when I did PUB and did supersets of lying extensions and kickbacks. I think that was more effective for me than doing the overhead extensions, which I think that I cheat on just a little. Plus all the yoga works them too.

Jeanette - Enjoy your ride and I'm glad Tillie is doing OK. Tone is the last of the 3 workouts on the Brian Kest power yoga. He really is good at combining moves to increase flexibility. I actually percieve yoga as a workout now. I'm not sure if that is good or bad.

Nicole - Glad your pants are looser. Mine are falling off now and I think that it is the yoga. When is your trip? Are you flying? I love national parks. I hope that you enjoy it. Your back is still bothering you? I'd avoid deadlifts always bend your knees when you go from standing to bent over in yoga. It will put less stress on your back. You can straighten them once you get down.

Wendy - glad to see you are back. Your pictures look great, you must be tiny! I felt achy after painting last weekend and getting off and ont he ladder and stool way too many times to count. It's done though and looks so much better.

Laurie - I don't think that some people ever grow up. I comment frequently that if all people in schools had to do was to teach kids, then things would be so much easier. It's the personalities of the staff that make and compound most problems that could be avoided. I'm sure it it that way everywhere.

Cheryl - Enjoy your run today. There is something about running that I can't get from anything else, trail running that is. I'm done with the road.

Debra - You get the Energizer Bunny of the day award for yesterday. Doesn't it feel good to get lots of stuff done, at least once it's done? When is the big moving date?

Off to clean up some more. The kitchen was a disaster from last night, but it was so hot I just left it. I've gotten realy good at being able to look past massive messes.

Tracy

I'm up...I didn't plan to be...I was planning on sleeping late this morning...it being Saturday and all....but I woke up earlier than I do on a weekday. Grrr! Then I looked outside and I perked up since the sun was shining and I figured we could go to the pool today. But by the time I got dressed, fed the dog and cat, brought in the trash toters, took the dog out to potty...big clouds rolled in. Yuck!

So I was going to ride my bike, but my tummy is giving me a bit of a hard time this morning....so I will probably do some easy Cathe step in a bit..then SH tris...or maybe chest...I only have one more body part after today...and I will be officially done with this rotation! I got my new Squeeze dvd...so I will throw that in either tomorrow or Monday....no more dvds after Monday since the movers will be here after that...Don't really want to workout in front of a bunch of ex-cons! Will do some bike riding and walking next week while they are here.

Okay...onto some personals...

Jeanette...Hope you are enjoying a great ride this morning! Glad that Tillie is handling her injury so well. Things like that can make a dog kind of skittish, but it sounds like she has gotten through it emotionally unscathed! I like "Must Love Dogs" too....I didn't the first time I saw it, but it's grown on me. I watched "Babel" last night...a bit of a downer to say the least!

Sandra...Glad your DD's had fun at the dance last night...sounds like the baby can really cut a rug! DD has gotten her new adult bottom teeth...and the top ones are just starting to poke through. She already has her 6 year molars in the back, too. LOL about their mouths looking unorganized...big teeth and little all mixed together! Glad you are feeling perkier after your morning snack...Good luck with BC today...You are a better woman than me!

Tracy...When is that darn part going to be there so you can get your AC fixed?!? Have fun on your bike ride today...I guess you have lots of hills where you are to make that pretty challenging. I still have lots of laundry to get done over the weekend....the movers start packing us on Tuesday...so it will be chaos for about a week, which I am not looking forward to. Have fun with SH next week, if you decide to do it. I know everyone says it moves really slow, but I have been using REALLY heavy weights, and I gotta tell you, I need those break times!

Amy...Glad you had a good night at work. Did you and DH ever get that date night? Have fun with upper body today...I'm with Tracy, you get a lot of bang for your buck with MM. Sleep tight!

Okay...I'm going for now...I hear DD moving around upstairs...

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Classic: Phase 2/ Week 8/ Day 6/ Round 1

KenpoX

Getting ready to do Kenpo so I thought I would check in really quick while the boys are sleeping and DH is on a bike ride. Next week is recovery week and I'm looking forward to it. I hope the fat will melt off and my thin self will be revealed:)

Tracy, Let me know how S&H works for you. It's the only Cathe series that I don't own. It looked long and repititious at the time but everyone seems to enjoy it. We're leaving on the 8th and driving to Yellowstone, ahahaha:) It will be twelve hours the first day ane then 4-6 the other days going between parks. We're going through the Grand Tetons first. Thanks for the back advice, it's never been this bad for this long.

Sandra, Yes, I am so glad to not have to make the long trek everyday. The boys and I keep busy all summer with art projects and playing outside. We have a big yard for them to play in and a shade tree over their play set. I enjoy having them home, they are big helpers:) My boys are 8, 6 & 2. We had to wait a little bit before we decided on the last one:) We are glad we decided to have him, even if he is a handful:eek: LOL! Your DD must have looked so cute out there dancing away:):)

Debra, Bummer, more tummy troubles? Maybe you're nervous about DH coming home or the move. I hope it feels better and that the weather clears so you can go to the pool.

Wendy, I beat you to the forum:) I hope your cabinets are looking great and you are getting time for yourseld today.

I must run, DS's are waking up and DH is back from his bike ride. I'll check back later!

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Hi, everyone - sounds like a wonderful Saturday morning so far.

Amy, I'm so glad work went well. Sounds like some good workout choices for you today - yayy for UB! Doesn't carry nearly the dread factor for me that Lower Body workouts do.

Wendy, I'm still in awe over your pictures from yesterday. Wow, girl! When you look that good, you can get away with leaving a mess in the kitchen ;-)

Tracy, good luck with S&H. Those are some serious work!

Nicole, have fun with the Kenpo

Traci, I hope you're having a WONDERFUL time at the Bay.

I ran 10.5 miles this morning. Same run as last Saturday but ran it 5 minutes faster today (135 minutes) and finished feeling much stronger. So I'm encouraged.

It's time to get serious. I gave myself a month worth of excuses over my new business, but the waffling is done. 10 weeks to RT, and here I come!

Have a great Saturday, everyone!

Cheryl

Hey, gang...another Saturday night and I'm called off of work. It usually goes like this early in the summer. I don't even have to worry about being called in!

Anyway, I'm sorry that I forgot to update you all about Thursday night. DH and I went to lunch at our favorite spot (all the waitresses know us!) then came home. I snoozed on the couch, then worked out and after getting out of the shower, decided that I just wasn't in the mood to go out. DH and I ordered pizza delivered and had a wonderful evening at home....perfect!

Tonight was MM upper body with ME abs, whew! I tried my bicep curls again to see if it was a fluke the other day and nope!!! I curled #20 6 reps each arm!!! I'm still so blown away by that!

OMG!! Cheryl, talk about an eye-opener! It's only 10 wks to the RT??? I still need to get my plane ticket! Yikes!

Okay, the picturetrail album has been 'arranged' and updated.

Hi Ladies,

Got high on oil based primer fumes last night. Went to bed around 1AM after saw little colored dots everywhere and realized I wasn't looking at Shelby's comforter. :7

I'm dragging today. However, I did drag my behind out the door to go shopping.:D Found a GE wall oven for $200 off at Lowes and a returned GE dishwasher for $200 off at Home Depot. The oven was the store display. It's not a discontinued model. I think they are changing their wall oven displays. The dishwasher was returned because the customer didn't like it. I hope I do!

The rest of the day has been supervising the cabinet installation. Man, that's a tough job! :7 Phil almost walked off the job site when I sighed a little too loudly. }( The installation isn't complete yet. It's been a slow process.

One more day till Phase Three begins! I can't wait to see how my strength handled an extended recovery period.

Be back soon. Gotta open another window for personals.

Wendy

Waverly just lost a tooth!!! Phil pulled it out. It's the first one she hasn't swallowed or lost outside!:7

:) :) :) ~~~~~~~~~~Personals~~~~~~~~~~ :) :) :)

Debra-X: Wow! Your monthly results are awesome! I don't think my measurements have drastically decreased since starting the X even though it looks like they have. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Anyhow, do you think I should wait a month before starting a S&H rotation after I'm done with the X? If so, what would you recommend I do? LOL!!! Don't tell me you can't handle a litter full of drama divas! The more the merrier! Well, for the first half hour. ;-) You're still alive and dancing! The pictures of dd's graduation/going away party are so precious! Looks like those girls know how to party! Your dd is so cute and does resemble a little drama diva! I mean that in a good way! :D

Jeanette-X: I never got your email. :-( Did you send it through Cathe or directly to me from your server. It's not in my spam folder. Maybe, my kids accidentally deleted it? Sounds like you had time before the race started for Geico to do their thing. I need to join Triple A or is it Double A for roadside emergencies. I'll ask for a membership for my birthday. Oh! Who am I kidding. I'm asking for a Coach purse or Cathe dvds or both! LOL That must have been a relief that the fridge repair total was less than a hundred bucks. New ones are expensive! We bought all new appliances for the kitchen except for a new fridge. We'll replace it with a new one next year. LOL Lifting a fork loaded with dense CC is a good upper body workout! ;-) Don't kid yourself. Horseshoes are HEAVY! Glad your Memorial Day ride went well. 600 is a lot of people! I can't even imagine seeing that many people ride! Yes, my world is so small. :7 Goodie! You got the woodstove removed. Dh removed one in our house when we first bought it. He had to jack hammer the brick flooring it was sitting on. We donated the stove to a charity organization and didn't replace it. The furance did more than enough additional soot damage to the house. I have no advice for soot removal. Maybe, soot from the woodstove isn't as greasy as soot from a dying furance. I cleaned my girls' walls with Trisodium Phosphate before I primed the walls with oil based Kiltz. All it did was smear the soot around and rub it into the flat paint. However, it worked like a charm on the semi-gloss finished trim moldings. I repainted their room with a satin finish this time. Oh! No! You don't! I am the LAZIEST Xer here! Look, I took a little over a week off and didn't even touch a bike or remove a woodstove. I bet you don't even have a t-shirt like mine that says "Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow" So :p :7 Seeings how you and your dh sound a lot like Phil and me, you might want to pay someone else to remodel your kitchen. ;-) Phil and I realized that we started the kitchen renovation project 7 months ago!!!! Glad you were able to find a vet who was able to remove Tillie's stitches. How is Tillie doing now? I know what you mean about bonding with a dog. I'm not a dog person, but my Baby is part of my family. She was the moment she came home with us from the pound back in Nov. I could never part with her or let a puppy usurp her from our home like her previous owners did. I'm 5'3". I always thought you were taller than me. You must be a tiny thing!

TraciX: I know you're away for the weekend. Bear with me. I'm playing catch up and I'm on Tuesday right now. I'm jealous of the freedom you have now of being X-free. I'd love to take guilt free weekends off. Yeah, I took a week off, but it wasn't guilt free at all! OMW! I just realized that you're posting your cycle days! LOLOLOL Very smart though. Are you still planning on taking monthly progress pics? I will post-X. If there's one thing I've learned it's that I can't rely on my measurement taking skills or the scale.

Nicole: Are you going to continue working out while on vacation? Or are you going to do an extended rest week like I did? ;-) You're going to be gone for 6 days! Oh! I'm gonna miss you till you get back. Have fun! I've never been to Yellowstone. Be sure to post a ton of pictures when you return. After you post here, of course! :7 Love how I have another picture posting pusher partner in crime! Hope you persuade Laurie to set hers up ASAP! Oh! Before I forget. I did do a french manicure on my toes the weekend we visited my inlaws. I also did my MIL toenails too. Hers turned out great. The toes on my left foot didn't turn out as good. Well, they look terrible. Okay, this is how much lazier I am than Jeanette. It's been how long since that visit? 2 weeks? And, I still haven't removed the nail polish yet! I WIN! I WIN! I'm the laziest Xer around!!! :+ :7 :p :7

Sandra-X: Your Tuesday morning account is hilarious! I remember when I was in that season of my life. My inlaws came over mid morning when my father was visiting. FIL jokingly commented about me not being ready to go to the park. My father jumped to the rescue and gave FIL a detailed account of everything I had done that morning. I never told him how much that meant to me that he noticed and how much I loved him for standing up for me. Have your low fat/low sugar cravings subsided? I've discovered a bowl of Kashi Go Lean with lactose free, fat free milk only increases my carb cravings for the rest of the day. I know what all the experts say. :p I truly do better when I skip breakfast.

Amy: 4 more pounds! That diet is gold for your body and bad cravings!!! Please let us know how the MRI goes. I can feel my knees crackling when I move my leg up and down while sitting. My knees aren't like they were when I was in my 20's for sure! I think it's partly due to stepping for a month straight when I started working out in Jan.

Teddygirl: I'm almost with ya! Almost to the point where I want to maintain where I'm at. It must be a wonderful feeling to be there!!!

Laurie-X: Congrats on the volleyball win! Nah, y'all won because your team has a strong, healthy, X-Grad!!!:7 You're such a good wife helping your dh deal with being the director. Is this a volunteer position?

Tracy-X: Sorry, I misread your post on Thursday. Will the repairman be back with the needed part to fix your AC soon? I love pillowtop mattresses. I hope you get another mattress you back can sleep on soon!

AAAAHHHH! You ALL are so SWEET! :* :* :* :* :* I feel so LOVED! I'm here! No more having to ask Where's Waldo? I mean Wendy? ;-)

Your eyes must be bleary from this epic post. I'll be back in a bit for today's personals. I promise not to be as long winded. Well, I'll do my best and forget the rest. :7

Ballistic Hugs to ALL

Wendy

Hello you wonderful ladies! Hope everyone is well tonight! I ended up doing SB..thanks Cheryl! and SH tri...so only one more day of SH in my rotation. I am planning on going to the flea market tomorrow...so I probably won't see you guys in the morning. I should be able to get in SH chest tomorrow...hopefully with some yoga. Then Monday I am planning on doing Squeeze....then biking and walking for the rest of the week...maybe a little run if I am feeling perky.

Wendy...After I finished the X I did a faux X lean rotation using Cathe videos....Day one was circuit (for Core Syn)...2 SS cardio...3 upper body split...4 yoga....5 legs and upper body split...6 kickboxing...and 7 rest. IMO I would wait a month before you start with a SH rotation. I think your muscles (and your mind) need a break from the heavy lifting. You can maintain what you have gained from the X with a faux rotation...until you are mentally and physically ready for the next wave. WooHoo on Waverly's tooth.....which one is it? I love it when DD loses a tooth...it's a big event in our house!

Amy...Glad you're off...I guess...doesn't that mean no pay check though? I will check out your picture trail after I post. Glad you and DH had a good night in on Thursday!

Cheryl...Way to go on your time!!!!

Nicole...My tummy hurts all the time...just ignore me when I post about my stomach...only if it goes on for more than a day or 2 should you be worried!! I am sure that recovery week will certainly help any extra weight you may be carrying..and of course...you will be a size 2 or even a 0 after it is done!!! I can't believe you don't have SH...if you like Tony and doing heavier weights you must get this one! I will expound on the reasons later...but I promise...it's good!

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.