Xers - satisfied its Saturday!

teddy16410

Cathlete
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lite Weights Day 27 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Shakti Lunar Flow Yoga
*Cardio Sculpt Express
*Cardio Core Express

Shifting out of Moderate Weights a couple of days early to very lite weights as my body is tired … I don’t feel like I worked legs hard yesterday but I sure did WHILE I was doing it!

Looking forward to a quiet household today! In addition to my workouts I’ll be cleaning toilets! – Now doesn’t that sound like the most fun ever!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sandra X
I haven’t done SQUEEZE consistently enough to know exactly what the benefits are… I got it and then was in X so I only dabbled with it. I think JeanetteX has used it more consistently so perhaps she can help us out. I “think” of it as the finishing work you referenced. The earliest I’d hear back from AFPA is last week of June- that’s the 6 week mark which is minimum time frame. LOL on "disorder" "syndrome" and "phenomenon"…. Just goes to show you that we can be in prime health and STILL have labels attached. I think that’s what most people want to hear so the medical community obliges! GREAT show of continued strength & gains in all the “ups”! That should make you very happy! Hows the body looking with all the vegan eating? Any changes?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Jeanette X
That’s wonderful that you are LOVING your daily choices in workouts + seeing results! You have truly mastered the post X dilemma! LOL on singing a slow tempo song in your head! You have figured out what most athletes (you really are one ya know) spend a lifetime learning! If I climbed a hill like that I surely would be unable to move my legs in days to follow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Wendy
Hope you’re feeling stronger today my dear! Maybe that’s why Tony makes it a 90 day program… realizing that many women just wont be able to give it their all for 12 full weeks! As far as “changes” by using the cycle method of working out… Yes I really do! I used to cardio myself to death during PMS & ttom because I felt so bad about my body- I have retrained myself and no longer do that… I am less bloated, less sore, recover quicker all the rest of month and stay stronger during my “normal days” . My body also has stopped SCREAMING for a rest day all month long and really can handle longer stretches of daily workouts. Mentally I no longer have those I HATE WORKING out days – Its all been very very very good for me.
{{{I am so sorry that your FIL is worsening… I do hope he and your DH get some more quality time before he slips away. It is just so hard watching those we love change so dramatically before our eyes. Much love and many many prayers for your family. How do your kids handle this? Are there many long talks about what happening? }}}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Nicole
Happy Vacationing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Amy
Funny about “connect the dots”! Sorry you had a challenging shift. Get some rest today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Cheryl
Sounds like you are back in full swing again! Amazing how changing environments can mess ya up! When I use to travel 3 weeks of month I swear I just never felt grounded. I woke up every day of my life for 10 years having to figure out what city/country I was in… Messed me up big time! Dinner sounds DELIGHTFUL! Do share recipe if ya get the chance!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Laurie X
Hope the recital was a ton of fun last night! How old is your niece? Congrats on 100% toe pushups!!!!! That’s really fantastic girl! ^5 on the teardrop & horseshoe muscles!!! I can see mine too the past 2 weeks! I am stoked big time! Progress in all areas now EXCEPT for hips…. What in heavens name do we have to do to target those????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tracy X
You “sound” so tired in your posts the past couple of days. Is all the work stuff and then no AC taking its toll? You are such a “non-complainer”… I’d be having a pity party daily! Maybe that’s why you have recovered and returned with greater strength and insight from your injuries. Admirable qualities. Hope you have a restful weekend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Debra X
Was so surprised to see you pop in! Sounds like initial move was a bit overwhelming… I’ll keep fingers crossed for a less eventful back end!

That’s it for me this morning… I think I’ll split up my 3 short workouts up today… the joy of being alone and not having to worry about a shower! Thinking Cardio Sculpt Express, toilets, Cardio Core Express, kitchen, Yoga Shakti, gardening….. Have a great day my friends!

Good Morning, Traci! I hope that you got some sleep last night!

I am very ready to go home. It's funny, I figured out several years ago that there is one universal constant.....when you are at work, you want to go home, and when you're home, you're glad you're not at work! Of course, I'm such a home-body that if I didn't have to work, I'd hole up in my house for days without going out and about!

I hope that everyone has a great Saturday!

Hi all,

I want to ride my bike today, so that is the tentative plan.

There is an interesting thread on OD Help I'm 34 and nothing is ....
It talks about the value and benefits of low intensity training. I'm going back and read the links. Maybe that is one of the reasons why I've lost body fat. I did post, which I rarely do. The low intensity may have helped decrease the body fat and the yoga to help tone. Who knows? I did try to use the 8" step yesterday. I used to use it all of the time and it felt sooooo HIGH. I'm not sure that I will go back to it if 6" is just as beneficial.

I've decided that for the two weeks I'll continue with S&H, then 3 weeks of pyramids, and 3 weeks of gym stlyes, which Cathe recommended on a post. Except I'm going to add in additional push ups and pull ups to prefatigue so I don't have to lift as heavy.

Sandra – You know I think what works is consistency, but more than anything else, diet. I really think that you are what you eat. I never thought that medium intensity and yoga would be an effective combination for me but it is. My core is the tightest it’s ever been and I only do a few crunches and bicycles every other day. I think that the ability to really twist through my core has helped sculpt and define my core, more than anything else.

Traci – I understand about adjusting the meds. I’ve seen parents get meds pretty good, and then on the quest to tweek just a little more caused major problems. It’s not worth it. My Dad has always been a really early riser. I’m the only one here who gets up early by choice. I enjoy my quiet mornings. You are right, I was very tired this week. The lack of AC, trying to do my job and then fill in for the person who had the cancer surgery, plus not step on her toes, but keep things going according to timelines has been quite difficult. Plus, she doesn't use her oxegen and isn't thinking clearly, which has just compounded the problems. I'm supposed to write a behavior plan for a kid at the HS, but he is absent everytime I've had a minute to go observe and the powers that be are not too happy. Then my supervisor was in the hospital and they were checking for an aneurism because she got a horrible headache while doing a bootcamp class. It wasn't an aneurism, but don't people who teach boot camps realize that overweight people probably shouldn't start with boot camp?

Amy – Glad there is nothing serious wrong with the knees. We all seem to have some sort of physical something that we have to work around. I am a home body too. By Friday I can't wait to be home and do nothing. DH had the final baseball party and weakly asked me if I wanted to go, which I didn't and I know that he realized that if I went we wouldn't stay long. It think he stayed until well after 11, I was in bed at 9.

Laurie – Freestyle is a good way to increase definition in the legs. It takes time though. I did freestyle consistently for quite a while and got great results. It’s kind to the body too. There are lots of threads on the OD about freestyle.

Wendy - I’m sorry about FIL, I know that must be difficult for Phil. My FIL has been in the hospital for a few days. My DH is in denial that at 92, things just keep breaking down physically. It will be really difficult when something happens to FIL.

Debra – If you are out there, at least you are one step closer to the new house.

Sorry if I missed anyone,

Tracy

I'm typing in a whisper because it seems very quiet around here, and I don't want to disturb anyone. Where is everyone?? Nicole and Debra are on the move, so understandable. Teddygirl has her weekend break. Wendy's gone to the in-laws. Laurie's probably doing her typical busy-as-heck weekend with the faire, etc. JeanetteX has a full weekend. So, that leaves....Amy, Cheryl, TracyX, TraciX, MeX.....oh. I guess that's the full group for today. Okay.

Today's my rest day. I am 80% committed to trying some of the new Shiva yoga. But since the morning's already half over, and we have afternoon/evening plans, unless I get my butt in gear soon, I won't have time. Yesterday my legs started to stiffen up. After my morning workout, I ended up chasing toddlers for the rest of the day, including wandering aimlessly around a mall for a couple hours (toddlers strapped into a double stroller). By late afternoon the doms had crept in. I'm pretty sure the hard run on Thursday morning caught up with me. I'm glad today is a rest day.

It is not safe for me to wander aimlessly through a mall. Since my last visit, months ago, my favourite childrens' clothing store doubled it's size, and reduced the prices on all of their clothes. I managed to walk out without buying anything, but only because DD#1 is so fussy about her clothes now that I know she won't be happy with anything I pick. And DD#2 has so many hand-me-downs that she rarely wears an outfit more than once.

I didn't do as well in the HMV store. I walked out with 4 brand-new cds that I've been wanting for about a year. That adds up quickly. Also got DH a pair of Crocs that he's been searching for. Do you guys have Crocs in the US? They're a Canadian-made shoe, but extreeeeemely popular. I have a pair for outdoor, and a pair for indoor. And jibbitz to put in the holes on top. Amy-the-nurse may be familiar with these, as they apparently gained their initial popularity amongst medical staff who are on their feet for long periods of time.

How do you all like my rambling post today? I'm trying to think of a Question of the Day. How about.......Do you have a secret that you have never told ANYONE? I'm not asking you to disclose the secret; just wondering if you're living with guilt LOL! But hey, if you want to share....;)

TraciX - I can't say there's been physical change with the vegan eating, although since I quit the soy I've lost the bloat and the gassiness. It was affecting me more than I knew. I thought the gassiness was from the beans, but apparently not. I still have my tummy, but at least it isn't inflated anymore. I like that. I've let too much sugar creep back into my day, though. And by "too much" I mean "some." I wouldn't say it's out of control. I'm glad you're listening to your body and taking it easier for a few days. I'm so impressed with how much progress you make on a continuous basis. How'd your gardening go today? I'm enjoying my experiment with the pots. My tomato plants and kale are growing like crazy, all of the seeds have sprouted, and I haven't killed any of the flowers yet.

TracyX - Yay on FINALLY getting a working AC!! HSC is one of my favourite workouts. I love the music in the 5th cardio...something like mamameo....I read that OD discussion. It's enough to make me want to stop reading and posting on these forums, because I get so tempted to go off on yet another tangent. There's so many contradicting ideas that float about, and they all seem like bright, shiny objects to my impressive brain. DebraX tells me I need to "stay focused on my goal." Oh, I'm going to give that 27min standing flow a preview today. I use the 8" step 1-2 times a week. I used to do everything on 8", but knees started to ache. 1-2 times a week seems to be fine, though. I like the 8" step because it helps keep my booty lifted. I actually have very good glute and hamstring definition, and I think using the higher step is a contributing factor. You're going to do amazing with your new lifting plan.

Amy - Tough night at work. I'm a home-body, too. Before having kids, when I was in the throes of serious academic work, I went 12 days without leaving our one-bedroom apartment. That was not good.

Cheryl - MuscleMax...nice! Isn't that band work a great addition to strength training?

DebraX - if you're reading: I don't envy you the travails of moving, even with the assistance of a moving company. It's just a stressful, difficult experience, no matter what. I'm glad it all got sorted, and I hope you got some sleep yesterday.

Wendy - Oh dear. I'm dismayed about your FIL's deterioration. I'm sending loving hugs to you and your family. This must be a very difficult time for everyone.

Well, it's now even later in the morning, and I've still accomplished nothing except managing to open all my new cds and program them to play randomly on my 5-disk cd player. That takes time and patience, when you first have to hunt around to find the cases of the 5 cds that were already in the player, and then figure out where the remote control went.

Have a good day!
SandraX

Hi Sandra,

I know all of the ideas. That's why I said a while ago that you have to find what works for you. I did fasting cardio for YEARS, (before it had a name probably) and didn't see any noticable change in body fat. I can't do fasting cardio anymore. The blood sugar and energy level plummet and performance suffers.

I hope you get to preview the yoga. The standing flow is more difficult than it looks because of the effort it takes to stabilize with the lower body while flowing with the upper. I've been previewing by bringing the laptop into the kitchen and watching while I cook.

My son buys and loads all of our CDs. I just get to listen.

Later,

Tracy

Cardio Sculpt Express (slim series express) is completed as are the 3 bathrooms! I must say that I truly love CSE! It is unlike Slim Series in that the music is much more upbeat- It flows quickly and I was actually disappointed that the 30 minutes was over- I NEVER feel that way with Slim Series! It’s a PEFECT recovery week upper body (yep- just upper…except for a few “firewalkers” w/ the band) It starts by hitting all upper parts with Chest/Back (5#’s), Shoulders (3#s & Band) Biceps (5# & bands) Triceps (3#s & bands). At the end is a quickie Bi-Tri-Shoulder blast (bands). Many of the moves are actually Squeeze moves but somehow much more enjoyable! Easy cardio thrown in here & there.

I promise to return later with personals for our LARGE group today!

But for now- I am going to do some rambling here as I am trying to focus in on my goals and plan of action for the 30 days following my Red Zone Training period (no pun intended!) Feel free to not read! It’s just therapeutic for me!!

My last 3 weeks diet: 98% fish, eggs, whey protein as Protein Sources, fruits 3-4x a day, veggies 6x per day, Soy-only in coffee, 95% Dairy Free

My last 3 weeks Workouts:
I did a full body critical overview today since DH is gone and there could be no “isn’t that a booty call” arguments.

Keep in mind this is the time of month when I would never come out of sweats that completely cover me.

Taking my body in sections this is what I see: (perhaps this is the QOD being disclosed!)

Upper Abs thru Neck Area: I am ecstatic with results the past few weeks. Obviously working 1 part per day agrees with me. (OR it could be that it’s the CHANGE to 1-part that my body likes-) I have also leaned out by not doing endless cardio but keeping it short & sweet. Even my flabby triceps are gone (for most part) and I would be proud to stand side by side with any 20 yr old fitness person (not body builder!) All this at ttom! THERE IS A GOD!

Middle Abs thru Hips Area: I am less than pleased…. I look as if I have had children (recently) and we all know that cannot be my excuse. BF appears 3x higher than my upper and I’m sure it’s because I haven’t been doing as much Kick or ab work that I consider this area a mess!

Below Hips to Toes: I am pleased with the progress – lets say this area looks like I workout but could stand to drop just a tad of BF. The teardrops & horseshoes are all starting to show even when I don’t flex and the calves are quite nicely defined.

So I have the upper body of a 20 yr old workout fiend, a lower body of a 30 yr old fit person and the midsection of an out of shape 40 something mother of 3!

So I’m sure you say it sounds EASY to determine my next 30 days.. NOT SO- I have 7+ days of vacation (I do not workout on vacation!) in September and October…. In the 3 weeks prior to leaving my plan is to do One Part Per Day (as I have been doing) so my muscles will benefit from the breaks. What I don’t want to do now is to continue with 1 part a day because my body will need a change by the time I start the preparation for vacations.

My thoughts are that after the Red Zone Training ends which is Thursday of next week, I’ll do Thur & Friday as endurance upper/lower training… then its off to bay –

THEN come Monday (6/18) I’ll do upper splits for 30 days – alternating GS, P90X, PUB. For Lower I want to alternate Plyo X & LowMax + GS Legs & P90X Legs. I will also be doing 90, 60 and 30 minute walk/jog with Coach Sean throughout the week but no long high intensity stuff. I am hoping this will bring my overall BF% down so that mid section can improve.
I will focus on Core Cardios’ (I have 4 now) vs. traditional ab work.
Gotta fit Yoga in here too but I don’t do long marathons of that so its just a matter of selecting 2 nights a week.

Thoughts, ideas & constructive criticism is always appreciated!

Off to do SSE Cardio Core
:7

Cardio Core Express is done and like Cardio Sculpt was fun and flew by. Its not near the ab workout as Master Series Core Cardio but still good if you stay focused on the “zip”. It’s also got some thigh & inner thigh work in there so that explains why theres no lower in Cardio Sculpt Express. Very nice recovery 30 min workout. Tonight will be Lunar Flow before bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Amy
Glad you finished the shift and hope you are having a great sleep day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tracy X
Oh I hope you get that bike ride in before it gets too hot! If I had newly found AC at home I doubt I’d be venturing outdoors at all! Its 108 heat index today! Walked outside barefoot and thought I was walking on hot coals! I liked Cathes recommendation as well! I just cant bring myself to do PUB in its entirety tho as by the 3rd exercise my muscles are too fatigued to really do justice to the remaining parts! I surely hope that something “gives” on the work front… Long term stress like that can take its toll. I too did the fasting cardio for years and my Hormone Dr actually asked me to give it up. She believes it puts our already sensitive peri menopausal systems into great stress. Once I stopped doing that I stopped crashing around 1pm and feeling like I needed naps. Interesting isn’t it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sandra X
LOL on you and your morning coffee chat with us! You and I must be in very introspective moods today! Mall wandering? Oh my I dislike malls! I think its sensory overload for me- music blaring, kids yelling, food machines grinding, incessant talking in all directions and of course the food court/popcorn smells everywhere! Can you tell I like my alone time? Hahahahahaah Debra mentioned those Crocs as some of her all time favorites! I think she & DD just got new pais about 2 weeks ago. I missed my beloved gardening time (before heat) as I had my hands in the toilets! One thing led to another and I was mopping BR floors & vacuuming! This evening I shall venture out to tend to some weeds but only if it cools off- last night our low temp was 83 with humidity at 40% - AT MIDNIGHT! So exciting watching the fruits of your labor isn’t it? I just love growing things. Both my Avocado Trees and my lemon trees are from seeds that I grew… very majestic 6 years later and they just make me feel so proud every time I walk outside. Hope you feel good about the Yoga WHATEVER you decided to do!

Great day to anyone else who may surprise us with a visit today!

Hi Traci - I did get my bike ride in today and went 37 miles. I felt great, even with a fairly nasty headwind. The yoga was another story though. I am obviously fatigued because I struggled through magically hips, but got some good stretching in. I have B&G as produced for tomorrow. I'm not sure how that is going to go.

I know how you feel about PUB. I've been mixing up the order of the exercises which makes it new again. Plus, I sometimes change an exercise. I think that is the beauty of it. That you layer on the fatigue.

Your post had me laughing. I tend to hold any extra fat in the saddle bag area. It's probably the least it's ever been. My protien sources, for the most part, have been fish, eggs, and whey, with a little tiny bit of meat, but not much. I've been eating almost NO white flour, no pasta, no rice, no white potatoes, and almost nO sugar. I don't worry about other carbs, but do eat low fat as always. I think that has helped the most. I would think that run/jogs would help your problem areas. Why don't you integrate riding your bike as a shock? That is helping my rear tighten up again. I'm trying to apply what has worked for my upper to the lower, but having some difficulty. I think for the lower I'm going to do per week, 2 runs 4-5 miles, one slower focusing on distance, and one faster focusing on intervals, then one bike ride, one lower intensity step something possibly circuit, then weights on Sunday and Wednesday. I will alternate GS legs or PS legs on Wednesday, and B&G and L&G on Sunday, doing the floorwork. I may add in the Pyramids, but have hesitated because I just started to add deadlifts back in and I can only do one legged ones which would make PLB take forever. I'm going to keep this leg thing up for several weeks, because it has a lot of variety. I have plenty of definition, I just want to get some strength back in my legs.

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.