Xers........Sassy Sunday,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Just getting us started. We are late today. It is almost 8am EST. The last 3 nights i've slept between 9-10 hours. I must have been trying to get something. I feel better today.

BBL,

Tracy

Hi again,

I did Amy's APX 2 sets which was a little vague because I thought it was 2 sets of each exercise, but it was 2 exercises for each body part. I like that dvd though, and once I get figure out how I want to use it, I think it will be a nice add on. Like Debra said about Slo Mo, her cueing is almost non-existant, but it's doable. That dvd has several multi-joint exercises as a warm up. Then I did Brian and I was tired.

Today is either the eliptical, which DH has been using to get in shape, or Amy's step. I'll probably do the step and then some time with Eion for MHs.

Jeanette - Your post put a smile on my face. My decorating wouldn't be featured in any magazine either. I've been 2 weeks getting the final ornaments on the tree. My cleaning is now compounded by the constant stove mess. I know you can feel my pain on that one. Funny you should talk about wacked relatives. Where did she see Elvis? DH called me from FIL's which is about 90 miles from here and both sisters live basically on the same property. Anyway, the one and her DH haven't had jobs in the 25 years that I have known my DH and last night he said, "What are they doing? Inside watching tv all day?" The other, a nurse, who is out on sick leave, said she wouldn't even go and check FILs vital signs if she was paid! I'm wondering if there is something in the water down there. You couldn't pay me to live in that area. We affectionately call it the twilight zone. I think when people have a lot to loose it is easier to see results. When you get to a certain level of fitness it becomes much harder to get to the next JMO.

Debra - Well at least CB didn't run for the hills. I used to feel bad for Dh when I was like that, but now I feel bad for myself! We have nasty cold rain here today. Are you getting any or did it dip that far?

Laurie - I guess its too nasty to run where you are. I always think a few weeks off from running is a good thing. It is hard on the body. We have just had unseasonable warm wet weather. We're just dealing with the wet and running in the mud.

Sandra - What do you have planned for a workout today? Can you remind me again, how old are your girls? You never mention DH, he must do all the right stuff.

Traci - I hope all is well. DH had hemmeroids fixed years ago. That was aweful. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. What workout do you have planned today?

I almost lost my entire post. This wacky keyboard is just so hard to get used to. And Windows Vista...I wouldn't suggest it either. Word in Vista is so different and has such a learning curve. I typed my short 3 page paper on this and it took me longer to figure out where everything was than to type the text.

I'll bbl,

Tracy

Happy Sunday All Faithful Weekend Xers:7

Lil' Matthew is showing improvement as of last night!! The first step forwrad vs back!! We are all ESTATIC!!! Thank you all for sending your vibes my way... Auntie T was struggling with being the rock of gibralter for everyone - aunties have feelings too!

Today will be my rest day even tho I have Legs & back + Kenpo to do before I can officially start my recovery week.... I dont think that you really need a recovery week with Lean rotation unless you're just starting out but it will give me a chance to dig into the 2006 Series of Cathe's that I love so I'll take it! :7

Xmas party was fine... they always last so long with that latge group... Wendell goes into a zone to avoid screaming children overload Its funny to watch..... I didnt OD on food but man i did OD on Diet Pepsi Max.... was up at 1am this morning - back to bed at 2- up at 5.... My hands are so swollen from the reaction to 5-6 glasses of soda that I had to use soap to get my rings off.... I have had a green smoothie and am at least feeling human and not hungover....The Big O Brownies of Sandras, my world fanmous Chile Con Queso were the first to go..... I LOVE when I can fool a crowd into believing I am suzy homemaker!!! BIL looked better than I had seen him in a couple of years... I told him maybe I needed to have stints put into my arteries- instant youth! LOL

Wendell is taking my fitness room/office to a whole new level for me today... hanging mirrors on the wall (I have them all over on the floor), puting my TV & VCR up on the wall... setting up the bowflex select tech DBs, stand and weightlifting bench.... He moved all his boxes out of the closet in the room and made shelves in there for me so all that stuff is out of the workout area.... I am so HUGELY impressed with all this.... I asked what he did that he's feeling so guilty about!}(

Yoga X - FINALLY scratched off the list.... Will pick it up tomorrow with Plyo & Back & Kenpo ....

Tracy: It is funny about Premixes... I sometime out them in thinking I'm doing one thing and its totally different... Isnt that the way it is with communication? I'm with ya on caller ID! I wouldnt live without it now... AMAZING how FEW people I really want o talk to!?!?}( LOL on the "Get that yoga in..." I did!!! Thank you for the nudge!!! It MUST be good for me as i dont like pushing play!:7 Have a wonderful Sunday.... When do you get off for holiday break?

Amy:
happy holidays stranger! I am so sorry life has been throwing curve balls.... I swear its the December curse! }( You and I would be a pair to see if our December lives were on you tube!

Jeanette:
Sounds like you are FINALLy taking a deep breathe & relaxing a bit this weekend... I sent what little words of wisdom I have about the wt loss/bulge topic... it is perplexiing & frustrating... Tracy's point about your starting point surely is accurate especially about wt loss... Hang in there. :+ on the hemmoroids excuse! Thats what I told client... you get the creativity of the year award! :+ Cant wait til you see Harry/Sally!!! I do hope you enjoy it as much as Debra & i dod... Its also a great one at the holiday time... I find that stations like TBS play it alot this time of year but the uncut version is much better! BUNDLE UP on your ride frosty!!!

Debra:
just finish the damn cards already!:+ :eek: I cannot even imagine addressing issues like you'll be doing....
"Merry Christmas! Hope to find you & yours happy & healthy. DD & I are enjoying our first season as newly divorced family. Its really not so bad as I am boinking a wonderful new man!Happiest of Holidays to All!" :7 :7 :7
Looks like you need to let us know what dates we are all welcome to start coming in... Sandra needs to saty 2 weeks, Jeanette is coming early and if they are then you know I MUST! LOLOL... Can I just come NOW and hang out for a few months????? ~ Its your Legs Day today??? Well you just enjoy the burn baby!!! Your weekend sounds sofun! I want to have young love again!!! Why on earth would you ever think his friends wouldnt adore you??? (the sucking up has started for the X Retreat!):* :*

LAURIE::::
LOl - you didnt come back yesterday!!!! Life just gets in the way of our bonding time doesnt it? ` I'm just glad we get to see you on weekends at all! HAPPY TTOM WEEKEND!!!!! We are all in harmony now!! I wonder if Wendi started too!?!? I fear for the Asians lives with her hormones!

Sandra Dee!!!
Happy Sunday dear!!! Your gentle YogaX nudging was a bit RUDE! :+ LOL at you:p :p :p I could SEE you rolling your eyes at me!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: Just for that I shall call Santa and tell him to by-pass your house! :* :* :* I think I have the song clearly in my head now!! I just love how I cant recall the 400 children in Wendells family but I can recall evey song ever made! LOL Have a fabulous day NOT SHOPPING!!! I love when I'm all done and can just sit out all the crazies!!!

Exiting the office now before DH changes his mind about the remodeling project! XXOOXOXOXO

Howdy Xers!

I'm holed up in the snow/mixed mess at my MIL's house on DH's laptop. I did get my Kenpo in yesterday morning (with MIL watching, how fun) and we had our party yesterday afternoon/evening. Not much clean eating to be found there, lol. Today's my rest day :D :D :D I'm not sure if we'll be heading home today or tomorrow, depends on the weather. I'm still trying to kick the germ to the curb... I'm mostly fine during the day, but by about 8:30pm, I'm miserable with coughing... UGH! Maybe I just need to spray my throat/lungs with lysol ;-) I'm done being sick.

Traci-X -- Thanks for your insight :) I've always read that b/c of the calories in/cals out factor, you wouldn't really build much muscle while burning fat. I've also heard it's very hard for women to build much muscle b/c of the low levels of testosterone, but I've put on around 10 lbs of muscle or so in the last 15 mos lifting heavy weights, but not as consistently as I probably should've been. I'm glad to know, though, that even the "experts" don't know it all, lol.

Hi to everyone else! I'll catch up on personals when I finally get home. I hope you all stay warm and dry and aren't going to crazy with the busy-ness!

Carol

Hi all!! Hope everyone is doing well this morning. I apparently had one too many glasses of wine last night and have a bit of a headache this morning. Ugh. I guess it is my own fault...I'll probably take a little nap before I do Slo Mo legs this afternoon. Had a great time with CB last night...the restaurant was really good...the food was excellent! We had some ahi tuna nachos....OMG these were the BEST! Also shared a salmon entree with scalloped sweet potatoes and broccoli casserole...yummy in the tummy!

I will be back in a bit to post personals...DD is hungry and so am I so we are headed out to breakfast. See you all in a little while.

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Debra: Hope that breakfast was yummy! I know when I've had too much to drink I craved greasy foods....

Carol: Congrats on getting your w/o done although not at home... I love reading your blog updates. Do take some rest/down time... this time of year those germs want to stick like glue. I have to laugh on the experts stuff... I think its like all professions- some experts stay true to the truth which often says " We just dont know" but other experts tend to go with the money making theory of the year.... I try and look at it like this- 10 years ago we thought we knew it all too & look how its changed... why would we think that everything we know today is the be-all/end-all ? 10 years from now we'll look back on all we think we know and shall see how little we did... Thats Life & evolution of science & bodies. I say never substitute any opinion/theory for your own good solid judgement.

Have a great day.... DH almost done hanging some mirrors - I'll take pics... Wish I had taken befores- it was pretty pathetic! :D

Morning,
It's cold outside, but sunny so will don my bike clothes for our Sunday group ride (group may be just 2 of us). Yeah, it's a pain having to put on all that, balaclava, lobster gloves, bike shoes with toe covers and booties, ear warmer, wool jersey, jack, heavy windproof tights.., but talk about the good feelings once you are under way. Looking at the geese and cows in the fields, hawks on the fence posts. Hum of your wheels. It's awesome.

BBL, I'm thankful for all you great ladies!

Jeanette

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 1/Week 3/Day 6
Workout: KenpoX

Well it snowed all day yesterday. I have no idea how much snow we received because it is now blowing and drifting, but it seemed to be between 6-8" of the fluffy stuff. Nice sunny day out today. I just got done making some deviled eggs and mini key lime tarts :9 Now those are tasty. Of course I had my little helper with me. Youngest had to be the taste tester. :7 :7 Two of her favorite things are key lime and deviled eggs (without paparika).:7 :7

Cami has been my shadow for the last couple of days. Everywhere I go she is with me. Oh wait she just went downstairs because she heard DH getting ready to head out the door. :7 :7 She doesn't want to miss an opportunity to go in the snow. :7 Shes back again. Too funny!

Traci, So glad to hear that your nephew is getting better. I think you are correct on the healing vibes. Yipee on the workout room makeover. Oh to have mirrors in my workout room. Then I could see if my form is correct. I was so wanting to get back on-line yesterday. But we went to get my nieces their presents, and since it was so snowy out, nobody was at Toy 'R Us or the mall. Good time to shop. Got a little present for his Mom & Dad too.

Tracy, Yep is is really crummy weather for running right now. When the roads are clear it is fine, but we really haven't had clear roads in a while. I have been using my TM for most of my running.

Debra, That meal sounds really good. I will probably be indulging in the wine a bit too much tonight also. But I will be home, and don't have to drive anywhere. That is one bonus in having parties at your own home. :D I do love my wine.

Carol, You have gotten into the snow mix too. :D I remember when my parents watched me workout. I found it funny that they sat there the whole time and watched. Oh well!

Jeanette, I usually do get some indication that TTOM is upon me. Usually my body is on fire, I get so warm. I'm a blessed woman this month. :7 :7 :7 B&G is such a good workout, I'm planning on putting that one in on my rotation probably in the next phase. I also love L&G, because it also gets your legs cooked in a different way.

Well ladies I have to get my workout in or I won't get it done. DH and oldest just went to the grocery store for those last minute items. Talk at you all later.

Laurie

Classic/ Week 4/ Day 7/ RestX

Good morning,

How are you doing?

Tracy....Wow, with all that sleep, are you feeling good in the daytime? I think I managed 9 hours last night, and I feel nice now. This past week wore me out. Did you already receive your Amazon order? Wow, that's fast! The best part of APX, I thought, was the 20 mins of compound exercises at the start. I imagine that could be a workout in itself, if you were crunched for time. Today is my rest day, and final day of Phase 1. Yeah, I don't have much to say about DH most of the time. He's a great guy, a wonderful father, and a hard worker. We've been together for 18 years, so the novelty has definitely worn off, but we still get along really well. I can always find something to complain about if I want to, but what's the point? He's currently attempting to set up the new Wii. Yay! That will be the fourth internet connection in this household. A week ago, we only had one. We've catapulted onto the internet freeway. Our girls are 7 years old, and just-turned-2 years old. Thanks for the Word/Vista comments. The more I hear about it, the more I'm relieved we went with the iMac.

Traci....Good morning to you, and that's super news about Matthew!! They'll be calling him "Big Matt" in no time. Cathe's 2006 series?? You mean the BM2+ group? I didn't realize you loved it so much. Cool. That's a great report about the party yesterday. How could anyone resist those brownies after you uber-O'd them? Strange, but the kids here on Friday night weren't interested in them at all. So I took them to dinner at our friend's last night and they are almost gone now. I figure I just need to wait until all those 7 year old girls turn 15, then they'll not only be pleading with me to make them, they'll be eating it raw. I have an uncle who just had a triple by-pass, and is still only looking at 2 more years to his life. Without the surgery he would have been dead within 2 months. He apparently had only a 10% chance of surviving the surgery. The bottom half of his heart is completely dead. They couldn't do a quadruple by-pass because the 4th artery had completely disintegrated. He's still alive and kicking, but will never be very healthy again. So, how do you wrap your brain around the idea that you survived massive heart failure, but still only have 2 years to live? I can't imagine. But it's an important reminder about how the effects of lifestyle eventually catch up to you (he's a hard drinker and smoker, probably in his mid-late 60s). Wow!!! That's so impressive about your workout room!! DH is planning on bringing home some big mirrors for the wall in the basement, as soon as he can figure out how to safely transport them home. Apparently they're big. You FINALLY did the first 45mins of YogaX?! I'm impressed. How'd you like it? <<<<<spppppffttttt!!!!!!!!>>>>>> Pardon me while I wipe off all the coffee I just spit all over the computer! Your Debra message is hilarious!! I hope she uses it. How come there's no smilies for "eyes rolling"? I'm just trying to earn back my Sargeant title.

Debra....You seem to like seafood. Can I put in a request for that sweet potatoe and brocolli casserole, when we visit? No craft yesterday: I still had a child from the sleepover hanging around, plus DH went to work in the morning, so didn't have someone to watch the toddler. We're skipping our weekly family swim this morning, too. I've been so busy lately that I just want to enjoy a day without running around, stressing to get somewhere on time, without ditching the car or getting stuck somewhere. Ah, you were raised like an only child, then. I've always wished I had a sister, because sisters often become BFFs when they're older.

Carol....I think that if you have a good base of muscle, if you lose body fat, your muscles will appear larger because they're less fat covering them. So, it is indeed possible to lose bodyfat, and appear to gain muscle mass. And really, isn't that what everyone wants to do? Are you getting blasted by that storm system that's going through Southern Ontario? I'm not sure where you are. I'll have to call my parents later and see if they're able to get out their front door.

Laurie....When you talk to DD about eating near the computer, remind her to put out some nuts, too. Dried fruit and nuts are very healthy. It's nice when your children leave you some snacks. That 3rd combo in KPC is probably her most intense, isn't it? Maybe one day I'll sub your KM/KPC combos suggestion for KenpoX.

Jeanette....My, your were visited by the Lost Posts Spirits yesterday. How frustrating. I agree with Traci about the starting point of the weight loss journey. We all seem to get one initial round of weight loss, where it drops really easy. After that, it seems like a struggle. And the more out of shape you are, the easier it is to improve yourself. How is Curves, anyway? I imagine it as a light weight circuit, and only beneficial to long-term couch potatoes, moving for the first time in years. Does it offer anything for the seasoned exerciser? Are you going to do YogaX 2x this week? LOL! Yes, I'm real. My family and friends are purely imaginary, though. Oh my word! That truck experience must have freaked you out. Thank heavens no one got hurt from that one!

The Wii is now up and working, and much merriment is coming from the living room. I'm going to join in.

Have a great day,
Sandra

All done with KenpoX and now I'm going to hit the shower.

Sandra, Have fun with the Wii, my sister has one and they really enjoy it. She says that when she plays the tennis game she really gets a workout if you put your all into it. Have to love games that make you workout.

OMG!!!! DH just put his freezing hands on my neck, and ran away laughing when I screamed. Oh dead man walking!!!!! }( }(

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Afternoon:)

Doubles/phase1/week2/day 7
workout: Gs Legs + Kenpo

How is everyone, I'm good. Quick check in I'm using my friend internet. The weather is bad very bad today. Have a safe and warm day everyone:) :)

Okay...finally back for a bit of a chat. My mom came over to take us to go pick up my car from the restaurant. CB and I met there, so I didn't drive home. Which is probably a good thing! My headache is gone now after a little greasy food and a nap. Felling much better now....just need to wake up a bit before I head up to workout.

Personals....

Tracy...
Glad you enjoyed your workout yesterday...I will be attempting to do Amy's Slo Mo legs today...I will try to pay really strict attention to my form so as not to hurt myself. We got the cold nasty rain last night...It was still cloudy this morning...but now it's sunny and chilly. I am glad it is finally the right temperature...makes me feel more holiday-like. Hope you have fun with Eoin today!

Traci...
I got a HUGE belly laugh out of your post this morning...I don't know why I didn't think to write that on my cards...LOL! Thanks for the cheering up! I did start the darn cards yesterday...I did all the ones that I didn't have to write anything in...so the rest are waiting for me today. I should have done them after I got home from the wine bar last night...LOL! XDH's brother called me 3 times yesterday. I successfully avoided the calls...but I told XDH this morning I felt like I was being stalked like a hunted animal! So glad to hear that little Matthew is turning that corner. The healing vibes of the Xers are doing their work again! Glad the party went on without a hitch. Sorry you OD'd on the soda though...I never have that problem...LOL. I guess you must have been a VERY good girl for Wendell to work on your workout room. What a good guy! He knows how stressed you have been....Maybe your December karma is taking a positive turn. God bless you for doing YogaX...you deserve more than a new workout room for getting through that one! Of course you can come on now!! Maybe you can bring Wendell for a couple of days to do some things in my workout room! I'm telling you ...we have a nice big house...nice big tvs...a big stinky dog....you can even bring Sandy..Polly always likes new friends....nice big yard with lots of wildlife...anytime, lady! I guess CB talked to his friend that I met the other night, and he was full of compliments about me.

Carol..
Waving as you watch the snow and ice from MIL's. Hope all is well!

Laurie...
Funny that Cami is enjoying the snow...Polly liked it last year, but I took her out in the cold rain yesterday and she acted like I had asked her to walk on a bed of nails...LOL! Those pups like to stay by their mommy's side that is for sure. Polly is sleeping at my feet right now. Have fun at your party tonight! Enjoy yourself!

Jeanette...
Have fun on that ride today. Wine bar was great...I posted the link below. I had pinot grigio last night...I also like Cabernets, Chiantis, Merlot and Rieslings. I am just now trying more white wines...I don't like chardonnay and zinfandels...but other than that it seems like I like them all....LOL! I didn't remember that you last batch turned to vinegar...oops!! XDH is coming in town on Dec 29 and will spend a few days with DD down at his step mom's house. He misses her terribly...He hasn't seen her since July. I truly haven't had any pics made of CB yet...I will post them if I ever get any, I promise. And CB's friends are definitely good ole Southern boys, too. Although the friend I met the other night is a little older and a bit different from the other friends I have met....really nice, though. I have made a prime rib roast before and it was really easy...just follow the recipe and use that thermometer and it will be fabulous. I don't think you can mess those up!

Amy...
Nice to see you stop by last night...Hope DH is doing better.

Sandra...
I adore seafood. I am glad to be back close to the ocean so that I get fresher seafood. It is actually one of the few things that I like that is actually healthy! How did the sleepover go by the way?? I can't believe that they didn't eat up the brownies...Maybe a love of chocolate doesn't come until the hormones! The wine bar might be a nice place for us to go for dinner out. I keep calling it a wine bar...but it is really a restaurant that features a lot of nice wine. It's nice to spend a little time at home just enjoying the decorations without running around all the time. When does DD get out of school for Xmas holiday? My DD is done on Wednesday and she is spending that day and night with my mom to go shopping and just to get some Nana time in. I always wanted a sister when I was young, but I always had really good female friends, I guess. My BFF is certainly like my sister now. She is actually one of nine kids...and the only sister that she was really close to died a few years ago of breast cancer. She isn't overly close with any of the rest of her siblings. My XDH and his brother were super close until about 3 or 4 years ago and they had some kind of falling out and still don't talk. So who knows???

Nicole...
There is a gingerbread house competition on the Food Network right now!!!!!

Teddygirl...
Waving as you slide on through!

Here is a link menu for the restaurant I was at last night...It may be somewhere we want to go for a nice dinner while you guys are here...The entrees were definitely big enough to share...

http://www.triaddiner.com/view_rest.php?restid=2866

Okay..I'm out of here for now...I must actually workout today! I have been doing laundry and looking at the Xmas cards...with out actually writing in any of them...LOL!

Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Good afternoon!
Had a nice, nice bike ride this morning. 3 of us, though one of the fellas peeled off after about 1/2 hour as he had hip surgery a couple of weeks ago and was just starting to feel the ouch. The other fella was my 75 year young friend. I took his picture this morning and will try to get it on my picture trail. If I can't I'll email the pic out to you guys. He's awesome. We did around 16 miles this morning (30 plus degree temps) and then hit Starbuck's for a nonfat chai latte. He loves those. I consider the bike ride today a light steady state cardio ride. Just nice conversational pace for most of it. I'll get the tough cardio on Wednesday with the Garage Boys }(. I really enjoy my friend John, the 75 year young guy. We always have lots of non-bike stuff to talk about over coffee. Think I will eat some lunch and head out for some golf practice. DH is out helping my brother and father cut wood today. Amazing they can still get out in the wood, no snow yet, but snow predicted for this next week.

Tracy, glad you are getting some good sleep in. I woke up this morning on the couch to the alarm going off in the bedroom. I got up, took out my dried up contacts and went to bed for a few more hours of sleep. I've been sleeping good too. One of the guys today showed up with a new road bike. It's a beautiful white Lemond Zurich. All carbon fiber. Gorgeous. Elvis was spotted sneaking around her trailer. She also said someone had tried to poison her well. I joke about her, but in reality we very well may have to take care of her some day. I'm doing Debra's ostrich thing and not thinking about it. Your relatives sound like some of the ones on my DH's side. They smoke, drink, gamble and wonder why all these bad things happen to them. I have no patience as nothing was given to us. DH and I have worked all our lives for what we have. So Vista Word is way different than the Word that we all have come to know and love? Why do they change what works? See, I'm sounding like an old person now!

Traci, awesome about little Matt!!! How is he doing today? Hope another step forward has been taken. I'm not sure what I'm doing for Recovery as I really don't feel like I have anything to recover from. Hmmm, I'll have to think about that. I will follow the format and include 2 yoga sessions because I know it's good for me. Funny about the diet soda. My sister drinks it and it makes her stomach blow up terribly. She's really trying to drop it. What in it makes a person swell up? It doesn't have much sodium, does it? Are the mirrors up? Oh, I wish I had a workout room!!! Maybe some day that will be possible. I think I could easily talk DH into adding one on, but we have so many unfinished projects already. The easy part for us is starting something new. Thanks so much for your email to me, I sent one back to you. I think you are definitely right about the muscle mass thing. Why do our bodies have to adapt so easily? We just have to keep trying to fool them. It would be a lot easier if I didn't have to keep up my cardio abilities on the bike, but that's important to me too. LOL, really Out Loud re: your Christmas card message that Debra should send out re: the bonking the new man! Bet Debra got the biggest kick out of it. I sure did!!!! You haven't heard from Wendy, have you? I know you haven't or you would have passed on any news. I sure miss hearing from her and worry too.

Debra, your dinner last night sounded really, really yummy! I love fish at restaurants. I'm with Sandra and want that casserole too.

Carol, kick that sickness to the curb! Good for you for getting your workout in, even with MIL watching. My Grandma watched me do a Christi Taylor step workout a few months ago. She was entertained.

Laurie, the snow sounds so nice and pretty. Not crusty, ugly and dirty like it will be in a couple months. Do you X-country ski? I need to get mine out this year and see if my knees don't bother me any more. I used to ski almost every winter, but about 5-6 years ago, my knees started to bother me for some reason. I should try again as I had to push past the discomfort when I started doing step and they don't hurt any more. When I have gone out snowshoeing or skiing by myself, I start thinking about mountain lions watching me. I agree, B&G is great and so is L&B. I never had too much dread for L&B last time. Cathe sure got to me this time on B&G. Maybe my legs were still tired from the Garage Boys session on Wednesday. Did you get your DH back with those cold hands? Hoping you did!!! Love the comment about Dead Man Walking!!! You crack me up!

Sandra, re: Curves, I've never gone but I'm thinking it is not very intense at all. Why does it get harder and harder the more fit we are? Not fair. I will do Yoga 2X this week, but not YogaX. You can bet on that. I think my initial large weight loss segment of time was when I was 20 years old. That was 30 years ago and I blew my wad on it. Oh well, I do like my biceps, triceps and shoulders much better now than when I was 115#. I do need to do more leg workouts, as much as I dread them. What Wii games do you have? The only ones my kids had were Duck Hunt, Mario Brothers and Tetras. Oh and one called Linc or something like that. That was many moons ago.

Latrese, glad to see you pop in here. Stay safe and warm.

Must go eat and golf. Of course there is housework to do, but I may as well hold off on it until the day before Christmas. I work better with a fire under my butt.

Jeanette

Hi all,

I finished Amy's new step and I really like it. I'm still working on the last combo, but I should have it down the next time. I previewed part of her KB while I was mopping the floor. It looks tough. I like stuff I can't do in one or two times. It gives me something to work on.

I have gotten so much done today. The decorations are finished, I printed labels for a mailing I have to do for DH's business, I washed the car, I got all of the presents out and in boxes (I don't have tape, so I couldn't wrap), I ordered the last thing I need to get for DS, I mopped the floor, I changed the fish water, I cleaned the shower stall, I put a turkey in to cook, and now I'm going to finalize the Xmas dinner menu. I never get that much done in a day.

Jeanette - DS's bike came. It is all carbon fiber too. I guess that's the new thing. I'm making him wait until Xmas to have it.

TG - Glad you dropped by. Is the weekend treating you good?

Debra - A wine hangover and then some greasy food? Ugghh.... Let me know how the slo-mo legs went. I think I'm going to do 2 sets on Wed. If I drive, and others are staying a little longer, I may stay too. I have to check the mileage and flights. If it's 6 or less hours I'm driving.

Traci - What did you use to get rid of the diet soda hangover? I almost think that would be worse than the wine.

Carol - Glad you have added some muscle. That is always a good feeling. I personally think diet is key.

Later, have a nice evening.

Tracy

Tracy...Would love to have you as long as you can stay!!! It will definitely be less than 6 hours of driving. We used to live in Centreville, and it took about 4 hours to get here from there...so I can't imagine it will take you longer than 5 hours to get here...Plan on coming down 29...although it's not interstate, it's the best way to get here.

Debra

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Hi there girls!

You wouldn't believe it but I did Kenpo today instead of yesterday.....gasp! I never take Saturdays off but I took the boys to Christmas VBS at church. They had lots of fun but it threw my day off big time. I even forgot to call my grandma for her birthday:(

The gingerbread house making goes on. We finished all of the exterior walls with "logs and are now putting the huge chimney on and covering it with candy rocks. We are putting on the roof shingles later too so I'll be in this until next week at least:p Pictures to follow, I promise!

Debra, Thanks for the heads up on the gb competition on tv. We have it set to record later. I am so looking forward to coming and visiting all and meeting you and your DD. Fun to be had for all I know:D Hope you have all the cards done and ready to go. I am so glad I sent all of mine off already. One less thing to do, right?:) Isn't that nice that XDH is making you do the dirty work? Glad you are getting along with CB's friends. That makes it nice for social events.

Traci-X, I remember just last week you not able to get Wendell to do much and now he's going to town:D What a guy!! I'm jealous that you're going to spend extra time at Debra's. Maybe I'll come early too:) I'm glad the party went well and that your food was the highlight! I bet your skinny little body was too:D Still big prayers going out to Apryl and little Matthew. That has to be hard not to have your new baby home for Christmas.

Tracy, Oh my, your IL's sound lovely;) I guess it is a good thing you don't live near them. I can imagine why your FIL isn't getting much help from them. Isn't it amazing in a family like that how some of them can turn out normal and some of them so not? Ok, you wanna pass some of that motivation to me? You were a very productive woman today. I stay home and I can't get that much done.

Carol, Sorry you're still not 100%:( I hate coughs. I have had one at night latley because it's so dry. Have a safe trip home!

Jeanette, Your bike ride sounds cold but lovely. I'm glad you have the umph to get going even when it's cold. I can't believe you ar also playing golf still. Is it a bit warmer up there too? We are in the high 60's as of late which is freezing to me:p

Laurie, Once again I am cold just reading your post. I bet it feels more like Christmas though. The sunny weather is nice but it lacks Christmas spirit;) The boys had there Christmas program today so that helped a bit. LOL, sounds like your DH has the same sense of humor as mine:p Glad Cami is loving her family.

Sandra, Of course we won't get sick of you! I sure hope you can get down here for the reunion. It wouldn't be the same without you. My sister is in the know when it comes to travel. She check's that stuff out a lot. I'm glad she does or I'd be out of the loop. My post office is always closed when I need it to be open. At this rate it would be faster to put 10 stamps on your card and send it your way:D I'll get it out tomorrow!

Amy, Glad your got the card! Merry Christmas:) Sorry to hear your DH isn't doing too well. I pray he gets through this rough patch soon.

Ok, off to do the gb house once again! Have a great day:*

Nicole

Bring it!!!

070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Hi again,

Debra - We live about 30 minutes from Centreville, on a good day! We also go down 29 to our property just outside of Charlottesville. Looks like I'm driving. It might help to have the extra car, depending on how many of us are there. April will be here before we know it!

Nicole - Are you all building a gingerbread masterpiece? I used to make them, but haven't in several years because of time. Yes, the family puts the D in dysfunctional. I guess environment plays a big part in everyone's lives, but genetics is still there too. Thanks for the card. The boys are sooo cute.

Tracy

Have I ever mentioned that I really don't like doing legs? I know this may come as a shock to most of you, but I really HATE doing leg work. I did complete Slo Mo legs as planned, but I did not have fun. Some of the exercises I thought were good, but some really put a strain on my back...I had to be really careful...and I modified some. I will probably try this one again, but it may not grow on me like the upper body sections have. My legs are very fatigued, though. So, tomorrow I start with SH...Yea! I will do back and chest tomorrow.

I still have the Xmas cards staring at me....but I have gotten a lot of laundry done. CB is coming over later to watch Carolina play Rutgers, so that will be fun. It's funny, I wasn't expecting to see him tonight, but he called and asked if he could come over. Hmmmm...I wonder if I will get any more L bombs!

A few personals.....

Tracy....
I am sure we will certaily be able to use the extra car! I certainly don't miss the DC traffic...I think it was worse there than anywhere else we have lived.

Nicole....
You guys are cracking me up with the whole GB house...My goodness this is a project!!! Sorry you missed calling grandma yesterday. Glad you got kenpo in today, though. Typical of XDH to make me do the dirty work...I've been doing it our entire marriage....LOL!

Jeanette...
I didn't see until after I posted before that your MIL saw Elvis recently...How nice for her...LOL!

Okay...gotta go...see you in the morning ladies!
Debra

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Hi,
Got to play a little golf this afternoon. 9 holes. Nice afternoon weather too. Started out with a jacket and had to take it off. Kept a earwarmer headband on and that was enough. I had to go pee again right around the 3rd hole so went in a ditch that was full of willows. What is it about golf that makes me have to go each time? My brother is here visiting with my DH, who BBQ'd brats for dinner. They are all watching TV now.

Debra, good to know that the prime rib will be doable for me. We may be cooking 2 of them. Actually, I'm waiting for someone else to buy them for me but he hasn't picked them up yet. I'll know tomorrow if this arrangement will work. They are supposed to be good ones at $6.00/lb. We'll see. They also don't have the bones in them so will feed more people or something like that. We will be having between 20-25 people I think. We may even cook one of them in the BBQ. Glad your headache is gone now. I too sometimes get a headache from wine. I like merlot and chianti. I need to branch out though. I would love to go on the "Wine Train" in the wine country of California. Better yet, I'd like to go to Italy and cycle, eat great food, drink fabo wine and stay in nice hotels. I need to find someone to do this with though. DH says to go for it, but it won't be him peddling his butt (teehee). You are better than me on the cards. I would have typed on the computer a document that says what Traci suggested, made copies and stuffed one in each card. I might have signed my name in the card for that "homey" effect. I've got to check out the link to the restaurant as soon as I get done posting here (clicking on the link now would be the "kiss of death" to this post, I've learned that much.) How was the ball game tonite? Any more "L" words spoken?

Tracy, wow, you were very productive today! Must feel good to have so much out of the way. I wouldn't know as I'm in slo-mo mode today. I did 1 teeny load of laundry is all. Had the lazies for the past...oh who am I fooling? Year or so I guess. I can't remember the brand name of your DS's new bike. What color did he get? That white Zurich I saw today was really sharp. I am partial to emerald green bikes and red bikes. My current bike is blue. Maybe sometime I will get it painted pink to match my golf bag and clubs. Just kidding.

Nicole, I can't wait to see a picture of the GB house! Bet it is really something too. I would be nibbling on the corners like Hansel & Gretal. There are only a few people playing golf lately. The course is actually closed for the season, but they have an "honor box". It's a $10 for the day fee. It really was pretty nice this afternoon. The wind is really blowing right now and the thermometer says 40 degrees outside. Think we are in for a storm (finally).

Maybe I'll get to bed early tonite. See all you wonderful ladies in the morning.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.