X'ers Rockin NewYearsEve!

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy NYEve! Hope you all are planning a fantastic day to say bye-bye to 2006! DH and I are heading out to the final game of Texans today w/ friends so that will be our days celebration. Evenings are spent keeping dogs from going CRAZY with all the fireworks.

CLassic/ Phase 3 (WOOHOO!!!!) day 1!
Chest Back Abs.... Chest & Back will get done as soon as I'm done posting and Abs will be this evening (what a way to ring in New Year!)
Thanks so much for all the congrats on 60 day stats! It really is wonderful to share accomplishments & some defeats with you guys! You are all so supportive- Thanks for always being here for me!

JEANETTE:
I really like Kest as well...I only have 1 of his Power Yoga for Wt Loss but I do enjoy that one! I have to use DBs for alot of push ups as well due to wrists..must say tho that I have noticed new found strength in them since doing this challenge. Funny because "strong wrists" just werent on my goals! lol Have a blast going into Phase 2! It was a bit mentally hard for me but thats normally where I lose focus in any rotation - I feel mentally totally jazzed about being in final phase tho!

AMBER:
Good to see you pop in! Congrats on completing Phase 1!

TRACY: Good for you in tossing the scale ! I keep saying I'm going to do that but lord old habits die hard dont they? I cant imagine doing Core Syn after a run - you are so fit girl! I like what you said about thinking of wt training as the base of on going fitness programs and "layering" in the cardio of choice. That seems like the way to go for me as well.

STEPHANIE:
Hope shopping was much fun! I had to run out yesterday and was surprised how few people were in stores exchanging things... Interesting thing about thighs for me... About a month before starting P90X I stopped using anything over 10#s for leg work and started using 2# ankle wts on all floor. I did 1 day standing and 1 day floor each week and started seeing my thighs FINALLY trim down. P90X just really reinforced that weights are not the way for me with lower body work. YEAH!!! I really dislike barbells on my neck/back so I am a happy camper! Hope you enjoyed StretchX - to me it is the most complete 1 hour stretch I have ever done! My ankles & wrists LOVE the attention.

LEA: Happy sons Birthday and REST day!!!!! OF COURSE you need some cake! My goodness you suffered thru labor I think that entitles you to 2 pieces!!! (do you like enablers?) You had me cracking up w/ your "gorgeous' comment! Funny how engrained all those tony-isms get ! Personally I just ADORE that crazy man! Ordered Master Series so that will be too much fun doing with Cathe. I think theres one called "cardio abs"????.... I guess its Core Syn level 1... That sounds much more my speed!

MONICA: Hope your Legs & Back day is awesome for you!!!

DEBRA: Glad to see that DH is keeping you on track with your program while home! Hows he doing with being back in the states? Is it hard for him to reintegrate? I always feel a little lost after a week in Mexico so I cant imagine how he feels after Russia for so long! Are you doing ok having a fulltime hubby again? It can be wonderful & challenging all at the same time I'm sure.

SANDRA: LOL- no my "almost skinny" pants feel great now but my "skinny pants" are still not quite right in hips area.... The legs are loose tho so thats a start! Maybe if I stay REALLY focused on hips while working out this phase I can visualize them down about 3"!!!!
Be brave woman and take those measurements! Remember too that even if you dont see "miraculous" shrinkage that you are EATING WAY MORE- CARDIO-ING WAY LESS and only having to put in 50-70 minutes a day! You are still making incredible changes based on all that! loling about no contacts in before workouts .... I remember those days too! I used to teach Jazzercise in the 80's and I taught without being able to see anybody but the first row! LOLOL... Yes- DH was taking DOWN Xmas! Must not have had my full coffee ration when I typed that one! Hope your sleepover was wonderful! I just love hearing great mom stories! Nice to see in this day and age...very heart warming

Well- I gotta go get Chest & Back done (If I think too long about 20,000 pushup variations I wont do it!) ... I 'll be back on this evening while all you party animals are out having fun!

Many many hugs & well wishes to each of you - Its been wonderful taking 2006 out with a bang with each of you! LOVE OUR X'ers GROUP!! (**clink clink**)

Quick update- went back to do my w/o and DH was asleep in bed so guess its on to plan B..... Will do w/o this evening x( OR will be starting Phase 3 tomorrow..... I simply must learn some tolerance in 2007!:7

CL/PH1/WK4/Day7

Good morning. Argh!!! I do not have good things to report. I got brave yesterday and took my measurements after doing YogaX. My weight was down 1.2 pounds from a month ago (but it was down even more a couple of weeks ago), and the only measurements to change were for my chest to drop by 3/4", and my thighs to go UP 1/2" each. I really thought I'd see some change in my middle, but so far nothing. It's as though nothing will shrink my waist. And with my thighs being bigger, I'm feeling very discouraged. I am trying to take heart in what Traci said - I'm eating more and cardio-ing much, much less, so I should be happy that I'm not seeing weight gain. And I am. I just really, really, really wanted to see my waist start to shrink.

This was the wrong time to get discouraged because before I had a chance to sit down and coach myself through this, our guests arrived, and I went into entertaining mode. This, of course, means putting out the treats and sweets. Since my previous month of deprivation of all things sweet and tasty does not appear to be doing much, I beligerently threw care to the wind and ate whatever I felt like eating. Lots of chocolates, cookies, and a good serving of pie and ice cream for dessert.

So now it's Sunday morning, my final "rest/XStretch" day before beginning PhaseII. I'm really stuck on what to do. Actually, I'm quite happy with the workouts, and am very willing to keep up with the program in that regard. What I'm not happy with is the eating plan. I'm frustrated with an eating plan that just doesn't allow any margin for occasional indulgences. The brilliant thing about WW is that you cannot really "cheat." EVERYTHING can be incorporated into your eating and you can feel good about social eating, if done in a controlled and planned manner. You can, literally, have cake and lose weight too. One possibility is for me to go back to WW, but just up my daily points allowance, and ignore my activity points (as I have no idea how to count the P90X workouts).

So, where do I go from here? I'm thinking of dropping the eating plan and following Nancy Clark's suggestions for eating in her Sports Nutrition book. I would definitely prefer to get off this high protein diet and back to eating more whole grains, fruits and vegetables. But even if I switch to PhaseIII of the diet plan (which reflects Clark's recommendations quite well), there's still no room for "fun food." Argh! I feel like I'm going in circles! Help!

I know not everyone here follows the P90X eating plan. I guess I would like to be reassured that I can follow the activity portion of the rotation, eat clean (in a way that suits me), and still see good results at the end of all this. I would like to just be able to eat solid, clean, nutrient-dense food, with the occaisional treat meal so I don't feel like a deprived pariah at social occaisions.

I apologize for this rambling "all-about-me" post. If you have any advice I'd love to hear it. And you can be very honest. If you think I'm just giving up too soon, then feel free to say so. If you think something else, then say it, too. I'd love to hear a fresh perspective.

Traci - Have fun at the game today! I can't believe DH would sleep in your workout room ;-) And you don't think he can sleep through Tony and the kids grunting through a bazzillion pull-ups? We are home bodies on NYEve. Instead, we host a New Years Day brunch for some friends. It's become a bit of a tradition. So this evening I will be preparing as much as I can for tomorrow morning. Because we're having a house full of people arrive around 10am, I need to do my workout at about 6am. I'm not sure doing Chest-Shoulders-Triceps for the first time at 6am is a good idea, but I shall remind myself that I'm in the adaptive phase with this workout, and it doesn't have to be stellar perfect. You used to teach Jazzercise? That's a hoot! So, you're a certified instructor? Or just certified LOL! If your hips shrink another 3", will you have a pelvis left? You must be tiny, tiny by now.

Happy News Years Eve to everyone! Enjoy your night! I look forward to "Bringing It" with you all in the new year. I imagine we'll be getting a bunch of new members, come tomorrow. Very exciting!

Cheers,
Sandra

Good morning "X-er's"! Happy New Year's eve!

Did Chest Shoulders, Triceps this morning.. I love P90x weight workouts! Started using my weight bench to do straight leg push ups today, (finally getting off my knees!) because I read in some other posts that you cannot easily go from knees to toes without doing something in between. It felt so much better! had some issues with one armed etc, but I did "my best" as Tony said and I felt I got a better workout.

Traci: when you said you went to Plan B I was thinking of something else! ( bad me!).. when you said your husband was sleeping..etc.. so you workout in your bedroom? how do you do some of the things (like in Core syn) that need so much room?

Sandra: I am not doing the eating plan ( really suck at my diet right now) but others have just done their own thing ( clean diet etc) and have had good results. Laura Max ? I think was the one that posted her pictures of results and she said she never did any of the suggested eating plans. Have fun with your Brunch crowd tomorrow!

Happy New Year to all!

Deb

Happy New Years Eve to all,

I ended up doing yoga x yesterday, just because of the yoga belly 7. It was pleasant. My heels are getting closer to the floor in downward dog, maybe if I keep this up for a while they'll get to the floor. As I was really huffing when you hold your legs 1' off the floor I was thinking about Kest saying only nose breathing....

Today is my rest day, but since I took a total rest on Thursday, I'm doing legs today and a short cardio. I still have a layer of fat on my legs, but it is definitely smaller. I don't think my legs have gotten any smaller, so I'm hoping that I'm exchanging muscle for fat.

Traci - Enjoy your outing today. Tolerance is what it is all about. Years ago, if I missed a workout you would not want to be around me. Either I've mellowed or resorted to different tactics to make sure that I get to workout. Who knows? It's probably the latter though, I rarely miss a workout.

After working so hard at the weight part of this, and trying to do doubles, I don't think that I can put full effort into strenous cardio plus full blown weights (working to failure) at the same time. I'm not quite fit enough yet. That's why I think goals, and the layering approach is something to think about.

Happy workouts to all and enjoy the last day of 2006. It went by fast, but for me, I have a lot of good memories of spending time with my family. I hope you all do too.

Tracy

Sandra:
Ok time for a no-nonsene post from your long time friend here;-)
My opionion ONLY so listen to all that will follow!!!
NO I do not believe that there is any magic in the P90X eating plan. I believe that if a person were eating out of control and a highly processed diet then YES there would be appear to be "magic". You have not been like that since I've known you nor was I so eat in the fashion you feel good about .... The only thing I WILL get on my high horse about is low calories *low protein.... To build muscle you do need some protein throughout the day and you will not be able to fully bring it on low calories. 1800 has never been right for me... I zig zag 1100-1800 throughout the week and my body responds fine. (only 1 day is 1100 (before WI!)).....
My average daily is around 1400-1500 intake. Having said that I know (as you know) EXACTLY how many starchy carbs my body can handle so I do that accordingly. The P90 food book even says that 1800 is no magic # and you must adjust to meet your bodys needs....
Rather than throwing the baby out w/ the bathwater.... How about doing your Sports Nutrition / Phase 3 P90X Plan every other day and see how you do? For some people its too hard to live on variations like that but if you can handle it this may be a good shock for your body. If you dont want to vary daily then go to a calorie level & plan type that makes sense to you. Bottom line is its your body, you know it and you know what is healthy & what is not.
Enough of all that..... I ADORE YOU! I THINK YOU ARE AMAZINGLY STRONG & STRONG WILLED and YES its too darn early to throw the program by the wayside.... {{{{{{{{{{{{{{deep breathing helps!}}}}}}}}}
Dont forget.... You can always throw in 1-2 30-40 minute cardios each week (like on the doubles) I did that first 6 weeks and may do again in this phase if I feel strong. I threw in CTX and Timesavers cuz they were short. Just a thought! LOVE YA!!!!!!!

Good morning to all!!! and Happy New Year!!!

Don't have much time...but just wanted to pop in and say Hi!

Traci...I'm sure you'll get your workout in...And if you don't, so you start a day later...No big deal!! It's great to have my DH home...and he is having a great time with my DD. His birthday is today, and we are going out with friends for an early dinner and then back to our house with the kids to ring in the new year at home.

Deb...Congrats on getting off you knees with those push ups!!! I had a hard time with that as well!

Sandra....I am so sorry that you are feeling so discouraged!!! It's frustrating to feel like you have put in all this effort and not see the result you were hoping for. I can't give you any great advice on dieting...What I will say is that I keep Tony's eating plan in mind and I have definitely lowered my carbs and upped my protein...I have cut out a lot of junk I was eating (fast food mostly). With that being said, I am not a diciplined dieter. I pretty much eat what I want when I want..I am doing better with this program since I follow the portion control...that seems easier for me to keep up with then counting calories or fat or whatever. But I typically have a treat once a day and I don't enough veggies...Try to stay focused on a diet that YOU can live with...whether that's WW or Tony or whatever...But it HAS to work for you in your daily life. I did not do the measurements at the beginning of the program..I just took my BF%...and it's down signifigantly...Keeping the journal has really helped me a lot...I also think it's a tough time of year to keep with a strict diet. Hopefully things will calm down a bit after the new year. I guess what I'm saying is follow an eating plan that you can keep up with, maybe add a little more protein to that plan (to keep up with the muscle building), and have a small treat once a day...It will keep you from feeling deprived. And don't feel guilty about it! I hope this helps some... And know that you can always vent to us! Good luck!

Well...I had better sign off for now...I am doing Back and Bis today. I did a Baron Baptiste yoga yesterday..it's a little shorter than YogaX but still very intense. I am planning a day off tomorrow. Hope you guys are all well!

Happy New Year!!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Happy New Year's Eve everybody. I don't have much time today, so I can't get into personals. I hope that everybody has a great day!!

Lea

Morning,
Rest day today. I have the group bike ride this morning, but it's really cold out so we'll see who shows. I'm going to go get dressed and if no one shows, I'll come home and ride later when it's hopefully warmer. Not a long ride, just enough to keep my legs going in circles.

Will check back later.

Jeanette

LEAN/Phase 1/Week 4/Day 5

I just noticed that I have CardioX for today! I might sub PlyoX if I'm feeling like torturing myself in order to punish myself for the crappy eating I've been doing lately. Shopping wore me out yesterday, so it was so nice to relax with X Stretch. Well, I must say, I can't believe that there is ANOTHER move named after the "gorgeous" Dreya! She invented a foream stretch or something? I just rolled my eyes and thought about you all! LOL! I feel my recovery week winding down and getting psyched about Phase 2! However, I'm completely enjoying not doing ARX for a week!

Traci - The game sounds like lots of fun! By the way, are you totally excited about entering Phase 3? Congratulations! Our stores were really crowded yesterday, but not with people exchanging things, but people trying to get after Christmas bargains! Hmmmm. I'll have to think about experimenting with lowering the weights on the legs portions of workouts. I never thought about that. It's always so interesting how everyone's bodies respond to different things and we always have to do some trial and error to find out what works for us, isn't it? Oooooh, good luck on Chest and Back. I don't have to do that one until Week 9, but I'm certainly going to need your support when it comes around. It looks grueling! I watched my DH attempt it right before he officially quit P90X! He was in major pain! Of course, I think he pushed himself too hard since he hasn't worked out in years! I hate push ups AND pull ups so I'll probably be crying my way through this one.

Sandra - Hey, can you believe it? It's finally snowing in Kansas! We're all so excited! Just flurries, but the kids are wanting to go out and play in the light dusting of snow we have out there. About your eating frustration - I feel your pain, too. That is one of the reasons I didn't take measurements at the beginning of this whole thing, either. I get frustrated and disappointed exactly like you do! I tried following the eating plan and it didn't work for me, either. You're right - there is absolutely no room for an occasional indulgence. (And I have to have more than an occasional indulgence! LOL!) I'm not familiar with any other eating plans, but my MIL did WW a few years ago, so I heard her talk about the points and stuff like that. At this point, I'm not following any eating plan, just sort of eating like before, but I do increase my proteins and try to eat good healthy fruits and veggies. I believe that I probably won't get maximum results by doing this, but I will most likely look better than I did before, so it's worth it to me to gain muscle, maybe lose a couple of pounds, and look more tone. Plus, I seem to be maintaining at the very least by working smarter, not harder. Don't get too hard on yourself, you haven't even entered Phase 2 yet. Debra and Traci gave some excellent advice, so just keep working out and eating the way you feel good about.

Tracy - I love the YogaX, too, and I'm getting better at the yoga belly section. I think it's cool that we can see improvements in our flexibility as the weeks progress. I HATED downward dog at the beginning, but now it feels like such a good stretch and after a lot of those moves, it gives me a chance to catch my breath.

Deb - I think that it was Shelley "allwildgirl?" that got and posted good results from doing P90X and not following any eating plan. Actually, that's what kind of convinced me to go for the P90X program. I knew there was no way I could stick with a strict eating plan! I'm excited to do Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. I get to try it for the first time next week. Are there a lot of push ups? Did you say "one armed?" Yikes! I like working the shoulders, though. I can do a few "on the toes" push ups, but that's it. Hopefully this program can help me in that area.

Debra - Have fun doing Back and Biceps today. Biceps are another one of my favorite body parts to work. I didn't take any measurements at the beginning of P90X, either, because I didn't want to be stressed about not meeting my goals, if it didn't work out.

Lea - Hope you have a great New Year's Eve!

Have a great day everybody! I'm gonna go look at the flurries and drink some coffee while I get my nerve up to do PlyoX! Happy New Year's Eve!

Stephanie

Hi everyone just popping in to say hi! I saw on the open discussion you have a check-in! Very cool! You seem likke such a great supportive group! Wish that existed when I started but I'm loving it over on the other side ;) Not MDB now that it's moderated posting but we've got a great group of 70 guys and girls!

Glad to see you all doing well.

Re the diet - I followed it pretty closely and lost 5 lbs. I had always been at a number - had 2 years of major health issues with my son so didn't workout with as much focus - just not a priority. The best part of the diet for me was getting enough protein I LOVE the protein drinks! Shelley did awesome without following the diet. If you are trying to get REALLY REALLY ripped and Lean I (from my own experience and others on the journey with me) the diet is really important. I will say my Lower body is the best it has ever been. That was ALWAYS my trouble area! Anyhow again this is just what works for me!

Have a wonderful happy and healthy 07

Hi all,

I ended up doing DM and subbed lower body exercises when she did upper body stuff. I'm saving my arms for back and chest tomorrow. It was fun, although my back is feeling really touchy right now. I took some Advil. I hope it's just fatigue.

Sandra – Please don’t be discouraged; maybe you can use it as a learning experience. I think that is how we have all improved our fitness. I’m sure that you have made some gains that you can be very proud of. The first thing to do is to forget about what you ate yesterday. Every day is a new day. If it’s any consolation, I’m not following the diet plan. I am a very clean eater, but have always eaten a lot of carbs. I went on a pasta and rice diet years ago and lost weight! I watched my carbs more during phase 2 and although I feel leaner, I’ve experienced symptoms of overtraining off and on and I think that it may be from too few carbs. I think that as much as working out and being fit is physical, there is also a HUGE mental component to all of this. If you think that WW worked for you and you were mentally happy with that, then maybe you can tweak it a little and continue with that eating program; possibly increasing your protein and calories, but keeping track of it though the points. I’m not familiar with WW and, like Traci, I do not think that you can do p90x on a restricted calorie diet. It does require a lot of protein to rebuild the muscles. What ever you decide, it has to create an overall balance that works for you.

Deb – I hope the straight leg push ups went well. That’s exciting. I hated ch/sh/tri the first time I did it. It was a little better by the end, but seemed so hard. I thought I was going to hit myself on the head with some of those tricep exercises.

Lea – Have fun at the birthday party. It’s today isn’t it?

Jeanette – I hope you are out riding by now. I’m going for a walk later; it’s close to 55 here today.

Stephanie – Have fun with Plyo X. I love that workout. Shopping wore you out? I have such a low tolerance for shopping that I always end up leaving way before I get everything. I’d rather do without. I didn’t take measurements either. I tend to stress and then beat myself up about stuff like that, so I just go with what ever and celebrate the successes.

Tracy

Hello to everybody! Happy New Years to you too!

I'll be joining your daily check in starting tomorrow (actually, right now, I guess, lol). I'm starting the Classic Rotation tomorrow, and this will be my first 'bout' with P90X. I'm really really excited, except for the pull ups which really scare me. I was just in the basement (my workout area) getting set for tomorrow and I stacked my high step along with a LOT of risers for assisted pull ups, and I gave into the temptation to try one out. NOT! LOL. I couldn't even get started on my own! LOL. But, I did the whole fit test and took all measurement and pics.

Sandra-I wanted to add here that I am a WW member (lifetime for over 2 years now) and I plan on sticking as close to the Core list of foods as possible. Although I actually do the Flex program and although I'll still be counting my points each and everyday, I am going to concentrate on eating Core as much as possible. AND...I know me. I know my body. If I cut out everything (i.e. Flex points and the 'fun' treats), I know I will go on a binge and blow it all to smitherenes. I contemplated WW vs. the P90X eating plan for 3 weeks now and I KNOW what works for my body. SO...WW it is. I agree with whoever said it (Traci, maybe?) that the eating plan HAS TO WORK FOR YOU! So, if it's WW, then it's WW. I'm with you on that!

See you all tomorrow!

eta: Oh...came back to say that I'm planning on adding in cardio wherever and whenever the mood strikes. I love to run, and I LOVE CARDIO, plus I've got a few extra holiday pounds to get rid of. So, I'll be tacking on a double a few times a week, probably!

Gayle

Hi Gayle,

Glad you are joining us! We are a pretty enthusiastic bunch and always enjoy hearing about others experiences. Don't worry about the pull ups, I could barely hang from the bar when I started. Believe me, there are lots of ways to do assisted pull ups.

See you tomorrow.

Tracy

Happy New Year everyone!

CLASSIC/PHASE 1/WEEK 4/DAY 7 (Recovery Week)

I showed up for the group bike ride but no one else showed (could be because it was like 35 degrees), so I went home and decided to take down the Christmas tree and ride later when it warmed up. Yes, it got to a sweltering 40 degrees so I decided to ride. I had a great ride and pushed it a bit too, and I was pleased at how good I felt. It was a short ride of 14 miles, with one long hill (out and back), and my average was 17.2 mph. That pleased me, something I've been worried about is cardio capacity and low carbs. I'm also glad that I can increase my carb serving starting tomorrow. I am very pleased that I can eat more and work out less and still feel leaner. My ride today was a big boost to the lack of cardio (performance on the bike) worry I've had.

I haven't taken my 30 day measurements yet, nor had my pictures taken but I've got to say that when I looked at my upper body in the mirror today, I liked what I saw. Maybe it was the light and the shadowing, but I'm definitely seeing more definition and cuts in my arms.

Traci, hope you have a blast with your friends at the game. I went back to your 30 day check in on the WW thread and found where you posted your stats. At that time, there wasn't a lot of change, but boy, Phase 2 has sure been good to you. What is the difference there? Is this common to have a lot more change going on in the 2nd phase? Thanks for the well wishes with my start to Phase 2. I'm eager to start it. This week of recovery has been good, but I'm ready to start "bringing it" again. I've never felt this lazy for the first 3-4 days of the recovery. I'm up there in energy now though. I previewed CST yesterday and it looks interesting. Not sure how I'll do, but I'll do as well as I can (without hurting myself, of course).

Tracy, I still have the fat layer on my legs but it is less than before and doesn't continue jiggling for like 5 minutes after my legs move (more like 3 1/2 minutes). Hate that! I'm definitely rethinking my goals and base workouts to go with my cycling. Boy, we want it all, don't we? Too much cardio was making me puffy all the time. How do the pros do all the cardio on the bike that they do and not get puffy? Because they are men?

Sandra, I'm sorry you are a bit discouraged with your results so far. I haven't weighed this morning, nor taken pictures or measurements, but I can see a difference in my body and I like it. I too would like to be able to "cheat" some and still see results. I have a hard time and sometimes would just like to be a "foodie" and eat whatever, but I know I wouldn't be happy with that. Hang in there. Like I wrote before, Traci experienced big changes in Phase 2. I'm looking forward to seeing some more exciting changes. I'm really happy to be bumping up the carbs for this next phase as I think that is more realistic eating for me and I need them for the energy. I'll be thinking of you while I'm doing my first C-S-T workout tomorrow too.

Hi Deb, glad you liked CST today. It looks like some interesting moves and I like that he doesn't work a body part to exhaustion before moving on. I like that he rotates body parts to work.

Hi Debra, hope Back and Bi's was good for you today. Good advice you gave Sandra too. I follow the portion control too.

Hi Lea, Happy New Year to you too! Enjoy the day!

Hi Stephanie, exactly how many "Dreya" moves are there? I too get worn out with shopping. My hips start hurting when standing in lines. I have to keep moving or sit. I didn't miss AbX this week either, but I know it's back starting tomorrow. Glad you like YogaX. I haven't even made it to the end of it yet where you let out a groan (think that's what I read somewhere). I need to try it again. I think I really have a hard time devoting 90 minutes to it, actually to any workout on a work day. Enjoy the flurries. I was out on my bike today and I was afraid I was going to get flurried on but made it back without getting too wet.

Robyn, thanks for popping in here. I lurk over at BB, but those threads have sooo many people in them for me to join a checkin. This one is hard enough to keep up with. We sure could use you giving us your insights as you are a P90X grad. I've seen your pictures and you got awesome results too.

Welcome, Gayle! Glad you will be joining us. This is a great group, so very supportive, you will love it. I don't have a pullup bar, so I do lat pulldowns on the Bowflex, which works fine too. I haven't even dared to try to do a pullup (supposedly not safe to do one from the lat tower of the Bowflex). I try to get some extra cardio in from bike rides too. I held back during Phase 1 as I wanted to be sure that I could fully "bring it" on the strength work.

Got to go now, sorry so long/

Happy New Year to everyone!

Jeanette

Hello All,

First, I apologize for the intrusion. I had a question and someone recommended that I ask all of you. I have to admit that I haven't read through all of your postings, so my question may be answered already (if I had the patience to read...haha).

I have recently have read a lot about P90X and I wanted to know what you all thought of it. Is it something I should purchase? Do you use it in conjuction with the Cathe DVD's or just use it alone?

I really want to get in shape this year and I'm looking for all the help I can get, so any advice you have would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.