Xers New Day, New Year, New Us!

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy New Year Xer Gals!
DH woke me up after I was actually able to stay awake ntil 1am for first time in years! I have a lack of sleep headache - cant be from just 2 little glasses of bubbly can it? ;-)

Today is start of Phase 2 since we are home safe & sound.... I'll do Core Cardio from SSE + 4DS Legs}( Thats the way to start a new year!!!

Back with personals............

JEANETTE
Sorry DGM didnt get to come home but I think its good she had some extra rest & tests just to make sure she's good to go. Happy New Year CA Style! I was thinking of my family being 2 hours behind me and wonder why we cant all synchronize clocks for just one day a year so the entire country can welcome the new year together.... If only I were president!}( Snot Rockets!:+ :7 :+ :7 You just crack me up! Those & peeing on the sides of roads are the things left out of the cyclists recruiting manuels! ~ Appreciate you typing to us vs watching all the movies at nite! Does DH say "Oh look- or Did ya see that?" ~Congrats to your sister for doing hotel pushups! I really hope she joins us some day. ~ We are getting a FRIGID few days & nights around here... Snow may as well fall once it gets so cold but we are dry dry dry- really windy once those North Winds start... It was 72+ both Sunday & Monday...today 50, tomorrow & Thursday 40's (highs!) and then Friday back to 70's.... No wonder all of us are sick with allergies our here..... I bet you'l love this time of year to ride without all the cold. :+ ROF on the duck story! THAT sounds like Sandy! The first time DH made a sandwich and walked off to go do something he came back & it was gone... He thought he'd lost his mind! He never learned how high that girl could get when food was available! .... The reason our duck tastes so good is because its wrapped in bacon! YEP- Thats how we make EVERYTHING taste good tho! Bacon & Jalepenos wrapped on ANYTHING is DH's fav!

TRACY
What a nice way to ed the year- YOGA:7 You are so dedicated to the cause weather it be to workout or relax! Hope DH gave up on the "romantic NYE" ideas and left you to find your own happy zone}( I looked at Cathes rotation this moth and must say if I wanted to devote 2+ hours to workouts it easily adaptable to the Lean Rotation of X. I miss circuits- I was "born" on them with Cathe and havent done a heavy circuit rotation in almost 2 years now... ~~ Thanks for the FAB Rotation offer! I may take you up on it later but thus far I have already sucked up all the chatter of the last week and created a Phase 2 that should whip me back into fighting shape... Phase 3 I may do the Leg rotation adaptation as you suggested to Sandra...

DEBRA
Well you must be LOVIN the extended CB time!!!! Do tell! Was it the most romantic evening in your recent memory??? Details & pics! }( I live vicariously thru you my dear! ~ We have had an "adventure in 2007 havent we?" All I can say is that 2008 FELT wonderful being breathed in last night so I just KNOW we will have a STUPENDOUS year! I can come out from under the covers until Thanksgiving 2008! LOL ~ Thank you for doing the Wendy Overview!!! I surely didnt want to put my "news" in writing along with all the other updates... I really did say an out loud Thank You to you when I read your post to her! VERY WELL DONE I might add! Are you keeping notes on all of us???? LOL

SANDRA
You seem SO happy yesterday! :+ I like seeing all the prodigal children returning as well! Time to dust off that whip Sarg}( ~ Ok- Did I miss a day or 2 recently (highly possible).... I know we've chatted just a tad about you getting certified but boy it sounds like you are rip roaring ready!!!!! ZIPPITY this is gonna be fun.... First you.... Then Tracy.... Then Debra..... C'mon gals... We could open an International Personal Training Company if we all take the plunge!!! That way ALL our retreats will be tax deductable!!!! As a maytter of fact... My Xer Retreat is already going to be one- LOVE it!!! Go for it Sandra!!! Even if you dont do anything right away with it- get the first of MANY certifications!!! I have to get another one for PREGNANT women & post ..... My star clients willl be attempting to get pregnant in late 2008 and she wants to train until delivery... OIY!

CAROL
Happy Day 1 of crystal clean eating:7 YES - we shall conquer the holiday habits together.... :+ Oh happy day on good health!!! An old superstition says that if you're healthy on the New Year you'll have a healthy 12 months! DIGGITY!!! So glad yo retired the shoes... anything that makes our life less injury free needs to be burned! }( Lets all go shopping today & buy new! LOL

TeddyGirl
So sorry I missed you;( Seems like forever since we've had a good long visit w/ you!

Kim
HAPPY DAY 1 of X!!!!!!! Zippity you'll LOVE it & it will prepare your body for STS! ~ Looks like you were our big party animal of 2007! :+ Gosh we all kinda stuck close to home this year.... DH & I live far enough outside the city that with traffic & drunks we just dont want to chance a drive.... we live outside City Limits so all our neighbors put on quite the fireworks display all night so we can always go in our backyard and watch if the urge hits. Hope YOU and a fabulous time!!! :+ on the Cheating on Cathe...All of us original gals use to talk about that all the time! Also how we felt guilty having an X Check-in here.... It passes!!!! and you can always cheat on Tony w/ Cathe too! As an addon of course;-) ~ ow sweet Clover sounds! I shall tell Sandy she has yet another friend to look for!! What is it with our pups & bathrooms???? I swear it had been 14 years since I had gone potty alone... Thats actually the place I had my mini meltdowns all week- sitting alone on the potty. SILLY! - Healing is wonderful tho- so many happy memories starting to fill the areas of my mind that saw her sick.

NICOLE
You started without me!!!!!!!!!! :+ Ya just HAD to be "one up" didnt you? ;-) OK- so you'll be my role model for Clean livin' this week! I am all jazzed to get de-toxed today & MIL calls & says "Come for lunch" - that woman hasnt cooked without bacon grease & melted cheese since the Great Depression!:eek: I shall have a quart of Green Smoothies before (breakfast) & after (Dinner) and just be nice & nibble on lunch. Her feelings are more important to me than the extra calories/fat so one more meal of it isnt gonna kill me. }( }(

LEA
Oh HAPPY NEW YEAR my dear sweet friend!!!! I had a dream about you last night! You and the family (yours) were all snuggled up on one of my couches in fromt the fireplace ringing in the new year! WEIRD isnt it? Just like we were all suppose to be together.... Maybe thats a sign of a 2008 visit??!! ~ Hoping today finds all of the Burbank Group very healthy & germ free!!! :*

I think thats it all you lover-ly Xers..... I do wish for each of us a 2008 to be proud of, to be inspired by & to be used as the model for our years to come. :* :* :*

[font color=purple]Happy New Years!!!!![/font]

After unpacking and sitting on every soft surface in my home, I went to sleep around 3 in the afternoon. I woke up at 3 AM thinking my down covered mattress was all a dream. :+

In honor of Cathe, today's workout will be Basic Step. It's the dvd that started me on the road to fitness Jan 2, 2007. After using it for a warm-up, I'll dive into some Eoin. }( :D

For now, I've gotta read yesterday's personals and doctor up my coffee.

BBL for personals!
Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!!:* :* :* :*
Wendy

Wendy~ It is so good to have you back! Feeling like the universe is back in alignment! I bet Phil didnt let you out of his sight yesterday!:eek: How are all the swans? :* :*

It was either chat with you wonderful ladies or play around with my blog. I promise to do the show and tell soon! I don't know if you really want to hear the nitty-gritty details. I mean, I DID come home almost a month early! Ha-Ha!

Personals:) :) :) :) :)

TracI:* :)
I am so sorry to hear about Sandy! HUGS!!!!!!!! I will have to go back and read. I certainly don't want you to have to relive her passing. I can't even begin to imagine how heartbreaking this is for you! HUGS again!!!!!! It was probably a good thing we didn't get the chance to talk when I called. We'd both be bawling by the time my minutes ran out. Planting a tree sounds like a beautiful memorial for Sandy! She was very blessed to have you as her Momma!!!! If you'd like I can come over the next time it storms and have you pamper me.;-) My legs could use a nice rub!:p :+

TracY:* :)
I'm so glad to be back home too!!! I seriously had a panic attack before I left. I asked Phil, "I love my life! Why am I leaving it for two months?" I was going through some serious cyber chatting and DDCoffee withdrawal symptoms the first week. When you see my pictures, you'll understand why I was throughly depressed about not working out, chatting, and basically losing my freedom. Enough about that... I'm so excited about the get together!!!!! I might just take you up on your offer. Is Carol going to ride down with you too? She doesn't live far from me.

Sandra:* :)
You lucky duck! Wireless!!!! I can see why you need motivation for getting out of bed.}( Although, online CPR certification will keep you there for a little while longer.;-) Phil is sooo happy to have his wife back home. When I made the decision to come back home, he almost booked me for the next flight out of Bangkok. Thankfully, he remembered that Thailand is 12 hours ahead of Philadelphia. Had he gone through with his original flight change, I wouldn't have been able to make it to the airport in time!

TeddyGirl:* :)
How's TeddyBoy doing? Did he cook the Christmas meal? I don't want to hear what he cooked. Let's just say, I saw my dinner alive the morning before purchasing it!:p Are you still doing the X? Are you subbing? Is Sandra letting you?:p :7

Lea:* :)
Happy Belated Birthday to your son!!!! Today is Quinton's birthday! He was my New Year's Baby. That was 16 years ago! He's growing up into such a handsome, responsible, young man. My, they grow up so fast. Why, just look! Your New Year Eve Baby is already in a big boy bed! Give him a good night kiss for me tonight!:) Now, that you are all getting over the stomach flu, are you going to continue or pick up with the X? Love your decked out Meez sitting among the toys!!!!

Carol:* :)
I can't believe you are writing a blog on your X experience! I'll have to read it all once my taste buds settle back to normal and accept DDCoffee. We have to get together soon for a Heated Power Yoga class. Let my muscles build back up a little or I'll be in child's pose for the hour and a half class!!!:7 What's up with your hip? Were you on the temporary IL? Are you going to the Xer Get Together at Debras? Maybe we can carpool. Throwing out the junk food? Blasphemy!!! Throw it my way!!!!!!!!!! Seriously! There isn't REAL chocolate in Thailand. They have fake chocolate made out of locally grown cocoa beans and vegetable oil instead of dairy products. Maybe, that's a good thing considering their cows are soooo skinny!!!!!!!!!! I never saw a skinny cow before!!!! Anyhow, the local chocolate was NASTY! Almost made me cry a couple of times!

Debra:* :)
Thank you so much for the report!!!! I got home Saturday night. My sleep cycle is out of whack. Sunday was spent in bed and on the road to pick up the twins at MIL's house. I swear they grew like weeds while I was gone! OMW!!! That is sooo funny!!! The L bomb! I remember getting the L bomb from Phil when we dated. I told the guys in my engineering class about it. They were either so naive or just being typical males. They thought the "L" meant lust.:7 Remember, Phil was supposed to be my transitional boyfriend. I'll check out your pictures after I finish posting. I got your Christmas card. Julia is ADORABLE!!!! Tayler thinks she's beautiful!!! Oh! XDH is in the country. How did he take to CB? Did he meet him? Is he staying at a hotel? How was your New Year's Eve celebration?}( I wouldn't be surprised if I don't hear from you till late today.}( :+ Um, Meeeee scare Kim away? Whatever makes you think I would or could do that?:p :+ (Note to self: do a word count check before I post.)

Nicole :* :)
Your gingerbread house is Deliciously Divine!!!! How long did it take you to make?!? I'm so happy to see you are still doing the X. Although, I wish I could have gone through another round with you! Maybe, Kim will be my workout buddy this round!!! Speed reading and see some reference to a different man w/o se*. All I can say is that I haven't breathed a word to Phil about leaving him for a weekend in April! He'd probably purchase a pair of handcuffs and use them in a not so kinky way! :7 :7 Oh, I just realized Debra might be printing up embarrassing posts to read at the get together. sigh

Kim:* :)
Welcome!!!!! Is today Day 1 of the X for you? I'll be joining you all for my second round of the X in a week or so. I'm not a planner. But, I do my best and forget the rest.;-) I can't wait to get to know you better. Don't worry about long winded posts, especially mine. I'm just trying to catch up while I was held captive by my mother, the Crazy Asian.

Jeanette:* :)
I missed you guys terribly!!! I thought about you all often!!!!!!! You would love Thailand! I took a picture there especially thinking of you and AmyX! What is going on with your grandmother and sister? I hope it isn't anything major! My grandfather is still kickin it at 90 years old. His skin is gorgeous for a man his age. Heck, all the elders of my family village look like they found some fountain of youth!!! Must be the lack of modern conveniences!:7 I think the loss of cellulite had to do a little with the diet and a lot with the constant heat and sweating. It's so very hot and dry right now. I could feel thick beads of sweat in places I didn't know could sweat!!!! Powder is a girl's best friend in Thailand! Oh, and sunscreen too!!!

Amy, Amy-X, Cheryl:* :* :* :) :) :)
Where are you all at?????? I thought about my RT ladies!!!! I hope you all are doing great and are having a wonderful New Year's Day!!!!

I see that alot of you ladies have been battling sickness. I'd rather battle the flu over the CA any day of the year!:7

Good News!!!!! I can still do at least 3 pull-ups in a row!:D I'm not sure how many I can do maximum. I tried out the pull up bar the moment I walked into my bedroom after landing.

Okay. Gotta eat some breakfast before this doctored up coffee chews up a hole in my stomach.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!!
Wendy

ACK! I can't believe I forgot Laurie!!!!! How's my Double Xer doing these days? Thank you for the Christmas card and picture!!!!!! I can't wait to give you a big hug come April!!!!

Traci: The Swans are happy that I didn't take them with me! Ha-Ha. They are all doing so well. Kinda makes me feel as though I am dispensable! :( They assure me that I'm not. It's good to know that everything in the universe is feeling aligned for both of us!!!! You really should pick up the phone when you see a strange third world country number!:p :7 :+

Gotta go doctor up my fresh DDCoffee hand delivered by my wonderful husband!

Wendy

Classic/ Week 7/ Day 2/ PlyoX (subbed with 4DS Cardio Power premix and GS Standing Legs)

Happy New Year!!!!

My year got off with an ominous note: I accidentally slept an extra hour. I need to get the house cleaned up, as friends are coming for dinner, and my parents want to do a video call some time today, too. And since the dinner was decided suddenly late yesterday, I have no idea what I'll be serving, and will probably have to make a jaunt to the store. Would you serve Shake 'n Baked chicken legs/thighs to guests? That's what I've got in my pantry....

It was a warm surprise to see 6swans4me post today. Wendy, you keep dropping little hints as to the poor living conditions you experienced in Thailand. I hope we get to hear the full story soon.

Tracy....No fear that I'll jump into that January rotation. I saw it as soon as she posted it, and thought No Way! That's a lot of intense cardio, with primarily circuits for weight work. There's no doubt it will consume calories and improve cardio/leg endurance, but I don't want to work that hard. I'm sure I'd just overeat to compensate. The Bonus Burn looks ridiculous, if we're expected to do that SIX days a week. I can't say I've ever been a fan of her bonuses. I checked out the June '06 rotation, and I don't see the 4 weeks of leg workouts x2, as you mentioned. Is it a different rotation, perhaps? DH just worked out with me last week, and is back to doing his own thing this week. He does agree that he needs to work on his flexibility (the new mirror gave him a huge wake up call), and I think he's open to me mocking up a stretch/yoga schedule for him. I should try that Amy core. I never did it because I didn't have the slidy-toy. But you're right, pikes would be a good sub and I haven't done them in ages.

Traci....Do you realize that last night you stayed awake an hour later than I, and were out of bed 2 hours earlier? I gave DH a HNY kiss at 10pm MST, since it was midnight in the east, then went to bed. Don't you have a client today? This CanFitPro certification sounds promising. I *think* I can take their online course, and end up covered by all their certifications, as most of the courses cover the requirements for a few of their certifications. It could take a while, though, because there's 20 online courses. I'm really enthused about it, though! Speaking from my personal experience, you can tell your client it is indeed possible to train throughout a pregnancy. Sheila Watkins, moderator of Cathe's Fit Moms forum, is a well qualified resource in this regard. At the top of that forum, Cathe has pinned a general guideline for exercising while pregnant. You might want to print that off for her?

Kim....Welcome to P90X DAY ONE!!! Only 89 more days to go LOL!! I still didn't receive my calendar yesterday, so have emailed SNM. We moved to a brand new subdivision 1 1/2 years ago, and our mail frequently gets mixed up with others in the neighbourhood. I imagine someone around here has a lovely new Cathe calendar hanging on their wall (grrrrr). Your plans for NYE day sounded like a lot of fun. DH took our girls sledding at the park while I made homemade pizza for dinner. The toddler fell asleep in the sled on the way home. Will you and DH be watching the outdoor NHL game today? Did you catch Ron James's stand up routine on CBC last night? He's one of the few comedians who can get me laughing 'til I cry. Ah, that east coast humour.

Nicole....I received your card yesterday! Thank you very much! And how thoughtful are you to write a personal note on the back? Those are the pics on your pic trail, aren't they? They're really nice photos. How old was the youngest one when you that photo was taken? I hope your Week 5 redo goes well! Your GB house turned out unbelievable good!!! I'll bet it weighs a ton. In those cake challenge shows, they always make them move the cakes onto a display table, and some of them end up around 100lbs. 100lbs of SUGAR! That's crazy. It's always the most tense moment in the show: will they make it, or will they drop it????? I'm still trying to decide if/when I'll go the certification route. If I do the online version, I don't think there's a deadline, but getting through all 20 courses will take a long time. If I go the individual workshop route, I suppose I could be officially certified for Personal Training by the end of February. The online course gives me so much more, though. I'm still trying to decide.

Jeanette....LMAO! Snot rockets! Is that what they're called?? That's class! When do you get your house back? It sounds like a hotel these days. DD's cake turned out super well! Who knew that mashing bananas and spreading them on top of a cake was a good idea? Then artfully adding mixed berries all around? It was a nice dessert; not overly rich or sweet. After our homemade pizza and cake dinner we played with the Wii. That sure is fun. There's a "shooting range" game where you have to shoot at clay pigeons, targets, etc. The final stage is to shoot at ufo's who come down and abduct people. Every time a person is abducted, the rest run around the ground like mad, going crazy. It's hilarious. DD and I play the game just for the laughs.

Debra....You're asking ME for suggestions of new videos from Collage?? Are you mixing me up with someone else, perhaps? I've never ordered from them, and barely order anything that doesn't have Cathe's name on it. Er, YOU slept in yesterday??? LMAO! So, does this mean you got up in time for dinner? LG is sure a fun workout. I haven't done it in a long time, either. I always sing along to "I Can't Go For That" during the standing leg extensions. And her little butt wiggle during that segment always makes me smile.

Carol....I'm so glad you're germ free again! Give us a quick progress report, if you please: how are you "enjoying" P90X so far? What do you think, overall?

Lea....Happy New Year! May the germs realize that they're "Soooo 2007" and leave your family alone in 2008. Happy birthday to your DS!

Teddygirl....I missed you yesterday, but am sending out a warm Happy New Year to you! I'm so impressed you've made it this far in the rotation!!

Laurie....I think you're still at the in-laws? I hope all is going well!

Well, if I thought I was behind schedule even before sitting down, I'm REALLY behind now. So, off I go! Have a great day!!!

Sandra

Hi all,

No big plans for us last night. I fell asleep around 10:30, then woke up just after midnight. I didn't sleep well and didn't get up until 8. Oh what a shock tomorrow will be. Today is a run, and some yoga. I've been reading the New Rules of Lifting for Women. Everyone has a different idea about what works best. I'm not sure I buy into everything he says either, but it is interesting reading.

Traci - Sounds like you are starting to get a little back to your old self. I can tell when a <<<<<zippidy>>>>>> finds it's way into your posts. Nice workout planned for today. We are in for a cold front too. I'd like to run before that comes through. The one dog sits in the john with DH with her back right against him every day. Somehow I just can't handle that, so I quickly shut the door. Another ceritification huh? Do you have any special advertising planned for the new year?

Jeanette - I'd be glad to help you with a leg rotation. I'm sure between us all we could make up something. There is a fine line for training when you are riding consistently, but I think it is possible. I think if you train a little hard during the off season, you could go on a maintenance program for the biking season. If you buy into what he says in the NRLW, consistent endurance work just makes those muscle fibers smaller and so you burn fewer calories; whatever......The technical lingo associated with illnesses is overwhelming. BIL spent hours learning about FIL's problems so that he could monitor things. Without his intervention, I am sure FIL would not be here, but FIL was very sick.

Wendy - Ahhh... the comforts or home. You answered my question, you did come back early. I'm sure a little of the third world goes a long way.

I'll be back later, but I think I caught up with almost everyone else yesterday.

Tracy

Happy New Year Xers !

:) :) :) I'm off the mall for some walking and shopping for new running shoes. I hope to incorporate running into my rotation sometime this year.;)

Welcome back to Wendy.:7 Glad you are home safe.

Nicole:) Thank you for the card for the holidays! Your Mt. Washburn photo of the family is fabulous! Brought memories of my own personal experience hiking Washburn in '82. Yellowstone holds a special place in my heart! :p Lovely family! I must go check out the GB house soon. :+ Ive read so much about it.

Laurie:) Thank you for the pic and card.:7 The family is quite goooorgeous! Are you missing volleyball? I played in HS. Waayy back when. I never was very good, but enjoyed it none the less. I've been to Wisconsin once. I remember larger than life cheese along the roadside and stopping to eat cheese at the stores. Lots of good memeories.

Hello to all. I'm off the mall!:+

Hello dear women!! Hope everyone rang in the new year as happily as I did! Did anyone else see Dick Clark last night??? My goodness he looks awful! It was kind of depressing! I had a great time with CB last night, as usual. We had dinner with some friends of his at a great steak place...Food was awesome! I had some she crab soup that was just fabulous. Then we headed to another place and had one drink and decided to go back to his place. Good times, for sure! My vacation continues today since DD is going to my mom's to help her make fried chicken for XDH. I won't get her back home until 8 or so tonight. No telling what kind of stories she has been telling XDH...Oh well, what can you do?

I am going to do some quick personals....I am actually headed back to CB's place to watch football and dvds with him today. He is making chili. A man is cooking for me...Can you believe that?? If you haven't figured it out yet, I am taking today as a rest day....but I should be back in full swing tomorrow.

Traci...
Yes, this is going to be a great year...I have nothing but good thoughts. I still need to get through the next 3 days though....LOL! I got your email...Thanks so much! I will take some time tomorrow to read and digest your suggestions. Can't believe you were up so late...you party animal...LOL!

Jeanette...
Hope you are out having a fun ride...I agree about the Xmas decorations...Mine will be up at least until the weekend. Hope Grandma is doing well.

Nicole....
No coaching to DD about CB...I don't want to put her in a position of feeling like she has to keep something from XDH. It is what it is! Now how long is that gingerbread house going to stay in your kitchen??

Tracy...
Is DS going on your run with you today? Let me know if your book says anything of note. Back to the grind tomorrow I suppose!

Sandra...
I thought maybe you would switch up and do some different cardio..I haven't done much else except for Cathe either. Have fun with your dinner with friends tonight. I guess the shake and bake will do in a pinch! Do you know, I don't even have DOMS from legs yesterday?? I can't believe it!!

Wendy...
Are you crazy, woman? There is no need for XDH to meet CB...Just had a trauma last week about XDH even finding OUT about CB..Not up to the mixing of the men yet...LOL! And yes, he is definitely staying at a hotel. Even though I have 2 extra bedrooms...he is at the Courtyard! I promise not to make you stay at a hotel when you come to the Xer retreat!

Kim...
Happy first day of the X!!

Swifty...
Waving as you fly by on the way to the mall!

Waving to Carol, Lea, Laurie, and Teddygirl! Hope you are all well!! I hope I didn't miss anyone, but I have got to hop in the shower and go cuddle with my man!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Gooood Morning AGAIN:7

Yes I am feeling the hope & excitement of a new year indeed! I completed SSE Cardio Core - Its also a light "leg workout" so its a perfect prelude to 4DS Legs which I shall do momentarily.

Soooooooooo GOOD to see so many regulars back today!:7 :7 :7

Tracy: I received NROL Women too.... havent had a chance to read at all but will delve into it while DH is out shopping this morning with some of those Gift Cards he got for Xmas. ~ The first day it will be warm enough for me to run is Friday so I am planning CC1 (35 min) as my pre-L&BX workout. Are ya proud???;-) I have been maintaining my advertising thru holidays and hoping the website hits increase later this month...I'm locked into current magazines until March so I'll change things up if I need to- As much as I really dont want to I may have to start going to some networking groups in my area... ugh!

SANDRA: Well look at you Ms Social Queen today!!! Sounds like you'll need that extra hour of sleep! Have a great time with your pals! For the record- YES I'd serve ShakenBake if thats all I had in the pantry!;-) I was a bit surprised to see the Bonus Burn as a daily ritual too... Seems like an injury waiting to happen to me but what do I know?!~ Your certification options sound exciting either way you go... Personally my next non-AFPA one will be workshop based but thats just because I need to learn the gym equipment now out there- just in case I take a job this year... Whatever you do you'll be a HUGE success! ~ Thanks for heads up about Sheila... I shall check it out.

WENDY:
Thanks for the Sandy hugs.... still a little raw but its all for the best... I had 14 of the best years I could have ever asked for - thats more than most human relationships can ever boast of. The day you called was the day before I had to take her in to vet I think... I was a mess and I doubt you would have appreciated the downer on your dime. What a treat it was hearing your message tho- I was moved and KNEW that it was angels working to make me feel happy about something. XXOO It was quite a different experience with just the boys & all the fireworks last night... They slept right thru all the hoopla- I am so very happy you came home early... Its just so odd when one of us disappears around here. ~ A country without real chocolate? WTF! That is just plain SINFUL! ~ We havent seen Cheryl and Amy in a loooong time. I miss them too. :*

Swift Amy!!!!!!!
Well Happy New Year to you too!!!!!!!!! May this year continue to bring you wonderful life changes!

DEBRA::
My sweet crazy girl! Look at you shine today!!! I am so happy you are SO HAPPY:7 :7 :7 Its a wonderful thing to have a special someone in your life who values you for exactly who you are! The XDH visit is already almost over!!! Do Da! On the XDH possible grilling of Julia... It will only make her feel uncomfortable with HIM not you. Hopefully he is thinking clearly about it all. ~ YES 2008 will be my official party animal year:+

Off to fry these jiggly legs w/ 4DS.... XXOOXOXO

Happy to report I had a GREAT workout!
Phase 2 Lean Day 1 Core Syn Subbed & added legs:

SSE Cardio Core
4DS Warm Up with the Leg Drills + Lower Wts (heavier than Cathe 1st time EVER!) + 4DS Standing Core

I feel like I'm back in the game ladies....

Have I thanked you all lately for holding my hand thru the challenging December? I never felt judged by any of you for my slacking and doom & gloom posts... I appreciate it more than you'll know!

Happy Day to all- off to either nap or read NROL-Women
:* :* :*

Happy New Year Xs!!

So today's bonus cardio was house chores }( The house really needed it. It's still not spic 'n' span, but it's liveable, lol. My real workout will be Plyo X and seg. 2 of Stretch Max (my back really needs that one!). I'm definitely feeling yesterday's workout! It was much better than last week, and I have decided to repeat week 5 along with several of you. Last week was just not a great effort for many reasons. The big news (drum roll, please) is I did ALL those stinkin' Mason Twists!!! Every last one! For the first time with no break :) Yay me. The Chest, Shoulders & Tris went much better, too. I only used 5 lbs dbs on the Scarecrow move, so all was good. I did a million pushups, too (at least it felt that way). My entire UB is sore, so it must've been a good effort!

Last night was fun, too. It was pretty casual with just my friend, her boyfriend and her DS. We had some munchies and hung out listening to music (her boyfriend plays drums for a jazz band, so we listened to some of his stuff). My DS managed to stay awake 'til midnight for the first time :) The girls were out by 11, lol. Now it's time to focus back on eating clean!!

Traci-X -- Shopping? You're ambitious ;-) Thankfully I had new shoes on hand, as I like to take advantage of good deals :) I used the N-gage Studio this last time, but the new pair is the N-gage Instructor. Hopefully they'll last longer. I can't seem to make my shoes go longer than 4 mos. Darn that cardio addiction, lol!

Sandra -- I'm definitely enjoying the X so far :D It's not as much heavy weight work as I anticipated, it has more AWT factor than I thought it would, but it's good. I actually like (eek, did I just say that?!) the pushups and the sequencing of moves during the workouts is good. Tony is a goofball, but I knew that going in to it ;-) I'm seeing good strength and endurance gains, I'd be happy to see more visible results at day 60 than I did at day 30. Clean eating here I come!

Wendy -- I set the blog up as a way to be accountable. It's fun to journal about the workouts and stuff. I have no idea what's up with my hip. I helped my friend move the Saturday before Xmas and then on Monday it started hurting (after 2 days of no workouts). No real reason why. I made DH rub it several days and I modified moves that hurt it. It's better now, less pain, but some weird tingling/twinging still. I'm hoping it gets back to 100% soon. I was able to do some standing forward bends yesterday, though, with almost no pain, so it's coming along. I think I'll probably be able to go to Debra's, and we definitely should carpool! Xer RT, here we come!! Maybe the fake chocolate is why the Crazy Asian wanted you to bring so much with you?? lol about crying over it. How did Tayler like Thailand? Was she chomping at the bit to come home early, too?

Tracy -- There's nothing worse than not sleeping well. I hope you're able to get caught back up tonight!!

Debra -- I saw Dick last night, too. He was not as bad off as last year, but I kept saying to the TV, "Let Ryan just host the whole thing". He should have gone out in a blaze of glory and just retired after his stroke. It's a sad situation. Have fun with CB today!!

Hi to everyone else!! I'm done procrastinating, off to have my date with Tony... I hope you all have a great New Year's Day!!

Carol

Okay, I typed out a long update and it disappeared so here's a shorter version!

I finished my first P90X workout!! I did Chest and Back and the ARX. I started to feel nauseous towards the end of Chest and Back back that's good right! LOL

So I usually work out in the basement that's where all my equipment is and we have a big tv but my new pull up bar only fits in the door frames of the doors upstairs.;( So I decided to do it up in the bedroom as only a few weights needed to be dragged upstairs for this workout. Well, for some reason the kids thought this was super cool. They often will do a few minutes of cathe with me so I don't usually mind but this time they were really getting in the way fighting over the pull up bar etc. I ended up turning off the dvd and yelling at them both :( DH came and rescued me and I finished the workout (barely) When I was done I headed down to the carpeted basement and big tv to do ARX on the way I stopped to apologize to the kids so all 4 of us ended up doing ARX together! :p (DH and both kids) What a great support group!

The only problem I found (besides being nauseous, LOL) was that when I was using a chair for the pull ups it kept sliding as we have hardwoods upstairs. Today I had ds sit in the chair but I will need to find a better answer.

I'm really sticking to clean eating today as I've had way too many treats the last couple of weeks and my body is having trouble with sugar withdrawal I think.

Sandra, I did watch some of the hockey with DH and DS. The game is taking forever with so much attention to the ice maybe they should just have held in somewhere colder so the ice would be better ;)

Sounds like most of you have relaxing New Year's Eve and are back on track today! We ended up not going toboganning/skating yesterday as decided it was a little too cold to really enjoy. (Minus 30 with the windchill) so went to Boston Pizza and then to see National Treasure 2. The kids were well behaved and we had a really nice evening. Came home and watched a bit of tv. I agree with you about Dick Clark, definitely time for him to retire. Kim

Great job, Kim! Quick hint: lay a yoga mat on the floor under the chair. Works like a charm.

People just arrived at the door, gotta go!
Sandra

Hi all,

It looked like it was going to be the last warm day, not, and DS and I went for a bike ride. Just as we got started a 20mph headwind developed and made the ride out quite unpleasant. We only rode 20 miles, because neither of us had on the proper gear for our feet. Everything else was fine. Then I came home and walked my shorter run with older DS and the dogs.

Has anyone used the P90X recovery drinks? I couldn't use them I'm sure, but DS was asking me about it. He is actually doing the X with me. We'll see how long that lasts:) He is taking a week off to go skiing with a friend, but he's done C&B and SH&arms a few times, so I'm going to let that week slide:) I told him he needs to get to the gym at least once or twice while he is there.

Traci - I am so proud! You shock that body with some running and heavier weights!

Carol - I usually buy my shoes early too. I switched from Ryka because, one, I think they helped to ruin my feet, and two, they don't last. I get a couple more months out of the NB, plus I haven't had any trouble with my feet.

Kim - Great job on the clean eating and completion of your first day of the X. One down and 89 to go:)I get very frustrated when my workout is interrupted. That is one of the perks of having older kids.

Sandra - June 06 has the homemade leg workout twice a week, plus another leg workout, and the gazillion walking lunges. April 06 has legs twice a week too. I started with June and moved to April 06.

Debra - Sounds like you are having LOTS of fun, and I'm happy for you. CB is doing a good job of keeping your mind off of XDH.

Jeanette - I guess we were not totally prepared for the wind today. As soon as I get some money, I need to get those foot things. Plus my bike needs a different cassette because it has a compact one, whatever that means. I kept complaining that it wouldn't go that fast, not that I need to really go any faster, but DS saw what I was talking about today. He actually did fine on the bike, but looked like a fish out of water after seeing him on the dh bike and the motorcycle. The road biking will be great cross training for the downhill season.

I better go finish up dinner so we can watch The Biggest Loser. DH and I are getting set for another round of reality TV. Since I don't like movies, and he's not too keen on nature shows, its a compromise.

Tracy

Hi all...back after another lazy day...It has felt great to be on 'vacation' for a couple of days. Of course, I love DD to death, but it has been nice to have a little break. She is back safe at home to sleep here tonight. She will be with her dad tomorrow morning, so I am planning on doing SH chest, tris and shoulders then. Then XDH has an appointment with an attorney in the afternoon....so if we can get through that without any huge upset the week will be a success.

personals....

Traci...
Yes...we will keep the good new year vibes coming! Glad you had a successful leg workout today...I didn't get any DOMS from LG yesterday surprisingly enough. Thanks for the sweet thoughts on CB...He and I get along really well and we are starting to get much more comfortable with each other. It's nice to feel relaxed again. Considering what you have been through over the past month, I think you have held up remarkably well...and we are always here for you whatever you need!

Carol...
Sounds like you are coming into your own with the X! You go girl! Good you had a fun NYE with friends and family. I think you definitely made the right decision by doing the Scarecrows with only 5 lbs. It's tempting to go heavier, but it's best to do no more than you can handle to avoid injury.

Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Oops! I hit the post button too soon....back again...

Kim...
Congrats on getting through your first day of the X! WooHoo!! Sorry the kids got in the way...my dog is always 'helping' me exercise too! I used a rug with pads underneath to hold my chair in place while doing the pull ups. Also if you have any of those non slip rug thingies, they work really well too. Good luck with the clean eating...I am going to try to clean up my act a bit for the new year as well.....Nothing too crazy for me, though...Still have to have my steaks..LOL!

Tracy...
Sounds like you got a lot of good exercise time in even with the wind. Never used the recovery drink, so I am no help there. LOL about you and DH with the reality TV! I think CB and I have very different tastes with tv shows, but we like similar music and movies...so at least there is that! I guess our weather is going to get a bit cooler, hunh? Well, I guess it is about time.

Okay...that is it for now! Hope all is well with everyone. I should have time for a real chat tomorrow. I am pretty beat this evening...and DD is already in tears about her dad leaving in 2 days. Gracious! I will be glad when this final week of he!! is over.

Debra

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

CS&T

Just popping in to say HEY!

Last day of the holiday and I'm so happy. I will go tomorrow to get enough healthy food to last me until Friday when I will do the real menu planning and a shopping.

I hope you all had a wonderful New Year's Day. I have a super busy day tomorrow. DS gets his braces off and has basketball practice. I have a hair appointment and PT. Also, DH will be home and you know what that means:p

I skimmed through and was glad to see everyone so chatty. I hope to be right there with you come Thursday. Reality says tomorrow will be crazy but I may surprise you all and stop by for a chat.

Must get the boys to bed. See you soon:)

Nicole

Bring it!!!

070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Hi all,
Guess what? Since last night, I've been having keyboard problems on my new laptop. So if this message is incomplete and full of spelling errors, it's because the keyboard locked up again. Yes, I've spent about 5 hours on the phone to India with 2 different technicians. One even had me removing the keyboard from the laptop and reseating it. I had a headache by the time I was done tonite. They will be sending me a new keyboard. Frustrating. I think I will be buying an extended warranty for this.

Today was our club's New Year's Day bike ride. We did 25 miles and the temp was 32 degrees when we started. 11 riders showed up, with most of them being the racing guys. I can sure tell most of my Sunday rides have been more social in nature as they kicked my butt. It was all good, and I got a great cardio and leg workout. Yes, today was supposed to be CardioX but biking it was instead. I was so cold when I got back, golfing did not sound good.

Traci, you sound so chipper today! So are you adding more leg work in to your Lean Rotation? I would love to have chiseled legs someday. I know there are muscles under here somewhere.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.