X'ers Movin' & Groovin' Saturday

teddy16410

Cathlete
}( So who has already moved & grooved today??????????????

Up at 2am today due to Tony!:D Went to roll over and my upper body started screaming:D Yesterdays w/out may not have looked impressive on paper but it obviously did its job- YOWZA

Will be doing L&B @4am & running @bay later

Perused Amy Bento's site this morning (did NOT buy!) but looks like she's going into production in a week or 2 already! She has a new boxing w/o coming out (presale mid January) that includes medicine ball work...I'll be preordering that one for sure. She also announced she & DH are divorcing;( So sad especially at holidays... If you go to forums and go to THE SCOOP section she lists all her announcements there- I really like that feature- nothing gets lost like in all the zillions of Ask Cathe questions http://nrgfitness.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=9

I see Jeanette had a late cup of tea with us last night.... Thanks for trying to get a Tillie pic up! It just may be 2008 Holiday card for you:7 Your weekend sounds fun! Did I ever tell you that I adopted Sandy from the Huntsville Prison? "Prison to Penthouse" was always the standing tag line for her :7 ROF on DH telling you how to get your dish snow-free! I can just see you out there in your jammies! Did you really do it???? ~ Glad to hear your bloat was minimal- perhaps a result of cleaner eating past few days??? I am hoping this week of PMS will be gentle since I am feeding it better. ~ Hoping you get hold of Dell today & get issue resolved...I've always heard their CS was "decent" compared to other companies.

I caught up with all last night so shall return after my workout ladies...make it a great day! :7

L&BX completed with a twist;-) I did all the lunge work on incline bench to hit muscles differently + held weights & did curls for all... On the back work I did everything 1-armed to force core to stabilize & so I could use 3 cables for tension vs 2... GREAT workout today}(

Wake up sleepy heads - gots to go to bay soon!

Good morning Xers. Today is plyo. I might sub a run instead, we will see. It is still raining over here, so probably won't get much done today.

Traci - Have fun at the bay. It is sad to hear whenever anyone is divorcing. I couldn't get to the link though, you have to sign up. I hear you about your arms screaming. I can't wait to see MR. Wolfe on E! tonight. Should be interesting. How is Thrive?

Time to get the wee one chocolate milk, he is rolling his eyes at me right now because I am typing and not taking care of him. Kids learn so early how to be a teenager. If I can't come back later I hope that everyone has a fantastic day.

Lea

Classic/ Week 7/ Day 6/ KenpoX (may sub with KPC or something else)

I'm awake! I'm awake! I'm still a sleepyhead, but hopefully the coffee will take care of that soon.

Traci....Thanks for the Amy update. Yesterday was the first time you've done CST this round, isn't it? I guess it shocked your muscles a bit }( You appear to be making this round of the X work for you. You'll be feeling today's workout, I imagine!

I'll post this now, in case you're still waiting for someone to wake up and join you. Off I go to catch up on yesterday's discussions.

Sandra

Hey Lea & Sandra!:D Thanks for waking up with me...gets LONELY here in wee hours of the morn:*

Lea- go tend to those cutie pie sons! They are just the sweetest! Thanks for reminder about E! tonight... I'm running too today- its been drizzling all morning here but DH said the bay is clear and beautiful...... Have a great CardioLeg day whatever you decide to do.

SANDRA::
Thanks for the drive-by!;-) I'm here another hour- waiting for some laundry to get done...I have been quite the multi-tasker today}( I'm ALREADY feeling my back from today....my legs never stop being sore these days- Hope you Kick the heck out of someone today}(

XXOO

Traci, Have fun at the bay! I'm getting ready to head out to State College soon! See you on Monday or Sunday night.

Took sis to Thai Spice for dinner. Had a fun time with the owner enlightening sis on the "joys" of Thailand.:p }(

Went to the mall afterwards and returned my welcome home gift. Wasn't in the mood to try on corsetts. So, I got a couple of pairs of jeans (size 1 and 3!!!!) and a sweater on clearance. And, Jeanette! You would have been so proud of me last night dealing with the saleslady. I willed myself not to go all ghetto on her when she told me she heard me the first time! I simply threw in a sarcastic comment about her not responding so how would I know if she heard me. Then she took a 2 minute break to harrass the other store employees before completing my order. I will be calling the store manager as soon as I finish posting. So, the bitterness hasn't waned yet!:7

Sis just called! Accidentally dropped sis off at the wrong terminal. She had to take the shuttle bus to the correct terminal. Apparently, a 10 minute walk outside in the dark with 2 suitcases, a carry-on and HUGE purse was too much for her. I swear! I didn't do it on purpose!!!!}( :+ :7

Have a great day ladies! I'm taking Eoin and KPC with me.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!!
Wendy

Teddygirl....I hope you're at home this weekend, doing nothing but sleeping off your virus.

Laurie....Don't worry about waking up DH, maybe he'll decide to join you! Does DH have any interest in physical activity? Thanks very much for finding the new worksheets. They don't come with the workouts?? How tall are you?

Nicole....Oh, you're derailed by a bug, too, huh? Get better real quick! Tell the germs that Sargeant Sandra says "Bug off!!!!"

Lea....You're an early poster today! I hope you get that run in. Are you doing the Classic rotation? How are you feeling after CB yesterday? A blog on the cake business? Interesting idea. I have a meeting with my thesis supervisor on Wednesday, and depending on how that goes, I may or may not be signing up to start a training course to become a personal trainer, fitness instructor, etc. I'm not sure where the cake business fits into there. I still need practice, that's for sure.

Kim....How are your calves today? Apparently, you need to eat more bananas :D I am applauding you for getting through YogaX. That requires mucho patience and stamina. If you didn't notice, you get a good leg workout from that one. I always feel it right in the centre of my glutes, too, from all the lunges. I think BeachBody wants you to have a recovery drink after every workout, but whether you truly need one is another matter. What you need within about 15 mins after a workout is a snack that is 4:1 quickly-absorbed carbs:protein. I believe chocolate milk even fills that requirement. In my first round I used to have a Boost drink as my recovery drink. About the swimming: it's tough to want to climb into a pool of cool water when it's -20C outside, isn't it? That's another problem I have (and there are so many). I used to get myself in by taking a hot shower, then gradually lowering the temp until it was about as cool as the pool.

Debra....Free at last!!! You must feel as though a weight has been lifted from your shoulders: no more impending XDH visit to have to worry about. I'm sure lovely CB and Nana did a great job of making you and DD feel better. "Disney Dad" LOL! I like that one. Yes, DD goes back to school on Monday. I'm looking forward to getting back into a boring old routine. I've heard that "home workouts aren't 'real' workouts" line before, and it's baffling. What difference does it make if you jump around at home or the gym? And a 15lb db weighs the same at home as at a gym. The only thing that changes when you go to a gym is that your wallet gets lighter. Are you excited about starting school next week? How much class time do you have per week?

Wendy....You probably already know the answer to the question you asked me yesterday: no, no nap was taken. And I really needed it. It was a full day of "Is this day over yet? When can I go to bed?" The twins went home at 4pm, but the 9 year old's parents came to get her at 7:15 and stayed for a social visit until 9pm. They're very nice people, but I was in no mood for idle chatter. BED!!!! Take your daughter and GO! My goodness, you're relishing your sister's impending trip, aren't you? Have you filled her head with all sorts of freaky stories already? Does she feel like she's flying into the Looking Glass, or worse?

Tracy....Today or tomorrow I'll stop humming and hawing and finally order from Amy. Nice work with the elliptical yesterday. 60 mins on any machine is a feat of patience. So, you haven't done hi/lo challenge yet? A brief review I read of it said it was more complex than hi/lo dome. That may or may not be a good thing.

Traci....LMAO, I'd forgotten she does those 16 push ups in the warm up to 4DS BC. I've done the BC cardio following the KB cardio in the Cardio Power premix, so skip the BC warm up. You poor thing. I think I'd have said something much stronger than "Jesus!" if I'd just finished CST, too! And then there's those few push ups she threw in during the last drill, too. No wonder you're upper body is so sore! I think Tony shows a few modifications of the Leg work as compounded with bicep curls, etc. to encourage people doing the Lean rotation to get a bit of bicep and back work when they're not doing the BB workout in Phase 2. Why he would drop LB altogether in Phase 3 is puzzling. Does he think PlyoX and YogaX are all a body needs?

Jeanette....You're so funny: "He loves tv, of course he'll clean it off." LOL!! I imagine he did! You got charged for THREE things you didn't buy? How does that happen? Did you pay for the person behind or ahead of you? Snowshoeing!! UGH!!!! We were forced to do that in PE class when I was a kid and I HATED it. I tried again when I was in my 20's, and this time it was with friends as we hiked through the woods. It was much more enjoyable. I sucked at PE, I guess. I still don't have much desire to go snowshoeing though. I'm losing my tolerance for cold as I get older. Since I'm only 37, this is not a good sign of things to come. I may indeed end up being a Snowbird Canadian who winters in Florida every year. Yes, I finally heard what happened to Britany, as I was flossing my teeth at bedtime. It sounds like she finally cracked. Is your Chai tea recipe anything different than warm milk, honey, and a chai tea bag? If so, I'd love to have it, too, please. Old Navy here has started selling a whole line of clothing for dogs. I don't know if they're tapping into a genuine need in this market, or just capitalizing on a trend. At any rate I once bought one of their dog toys as a stuffy for my daughter. She doesn't know that.

DD#1 and her friend made up a bunch of workouts yesterday, and pretended to hold a fitness class in my living room. Talk about hilarious. But they certainly were working hard. Ponytails flung left, right and centre.

I'm wishy washy on what workout I want to do today (gosh, that was almost alliterative!). I'm just bored of KenpoX. KPC seems like too much work. Swimming sounds lovely, except for the whole logistics of getting to and into the pool. If it weren't January, I'd go outdoors for a nice run. Hmmm. Round and round and round she goes. Where she'll stop, no one knows.

Cheers,
Sandra

Hi all,

I was up at 3:45 to take DS, and the family he is going with, to the airport. They are going to Jackson Hole, WY to ski for the week. Then I came back home, and went back to bed for 2 hours. At least there was no traffic at that hour on Saturday.

My there is a group up early this morning! I remember the years that I was a morning exerciser and I don't know how I did it. I guess having to leave so early now is probably coloring my perception.

I am trying to decide where to put in my leg work this week, plus fit in a little running. It is supposed to be summer on Monday, so a run is surely in the cards, which then blows my entire previous plan. Today is C&B, my favorite workout!

I was looking at a fitness equipment catalog that I get and I think I'm going to get some versa discs. Does anyone have any? They have smaller, like hand/foot size, and then a bigger one, like 2 foot size. I think the bigger one could probably be used like a dome for the Dome Challenge, and it only was 30$. It could be set on top of a step and give almost the exact same feel. I never use my dome for cardio, and only have one because the kids got it for me a few years ago for Xmas. I do like it for abs though.

Traci - I barely break a sweat with Kenpox. I used it mainly for conditioning. Amy and running have me in pretty good cardiovascular shape. I was reading about your eating contributing to the hormonal problems. I guess it has never gotten bad enough to stop you from eating the junk. That's what did it for me. Me life was so ugly when I ate junk that those memories pretty much stop my hand from dipping into the cra*. Be careful with that upper body!

Wendy - Are you around or gone for the weekend? I'm in week 2 of the X, you can do it with me. Are you living in my house? We have the same ugly draft, but from the sliding glass door. Night before last it was so cold in here I just went and got in bed. Hopefully you all will get some relief like us first of the week.

Carol - So you are liking the 4ds bootcamp more? It sure didn't do it for me the couple of times that I did it. I'm not sure I have enough room either. Errands and 4 kids. I think you could be competition for Sandra for MOY.

Jeanette - I was almost 50 days for TTOM last month. I was SO miserable. DS's GF has the chihauhaus and they are really sweet dogs, with adorable little personalities, but I think very hard to house train. I'd get a dog that is already trained because it is just so much work. I hope you like Amy's Hi/Lo. I almost hate to recommend anything, but I find it just such a great workout. It has some higher impact, but it is interspersed with low impact, so it just doesn't feel so body busting. It does have a learning curve because there are very few filler moves and she just steps right into combos, which I like. So I wasn't the only one who didn't know what was going on with Wendy. I though CA was some person she had met on the internet! I just read your comment about cleaning the Dish. Funny how those things work isn't it?

Sandra - I respect all of you working out with small children. OMG, your perseverance was to be commended! Are you feeling more inclined to workout now? How is the eating going?

Laurie - Changing the start time sounds good. I guess the lesser of the evils for me is just going in early. The traffic on both ends is the lightest. Thanks for the link to the p90x+ worksheets. I'll print them out today. My workouts were shipped Thursday. They didn't give me a tracking number, so no telling where they are.

Kim - Do you have one of those foam rollers or a Stick? Massaging the muscle brings blood flow and aids recovery. It might help your calf. Did you indeed eat the 25 bananas? I wouldn't be able to eat for a week, because they don't do good things to my digestive track. That's why potatos and Tums would be a better altnernative for me.

Lea - Glad you are back with us. Are you still eating raw? Is that hard to maintain?

Debra - At least the witch is gone and there's no chance, at least for a while, that he will be visiting frequently. Too bad he is caught up with the material things, but I think once you are away for so long, it is difficult to have a real relationship and for some people, the material stuff is the next best thing. I highly disagree, and things never make people happy. Sounds like material things pretty much control his life. I say good riddance. I hate conflict. It's just not in my nature. I'm not so sure I couldn't sink to a low level, but I always try not to in front of the kids. Sometimes snippy is warrented. I hope CB made everything better! OK, new lingo, retreat, not reunion:)

Nicole - I hope you are feeling better.

I guess I'd better go for now,

Tracy

Sandra - I haven't done Hi/Lo challenge because there is a learning curve to each one and while I'm learning, I don't work as hard, so I didn't want to have too many new ones going at one time. It looks like a lot of fun, but requires some space. Like I said before, it got great reviews and a few complaint about being too complicated, but it doesn't look that complicated. She just steps right into moves instead of putting in fillers, which once you learn is easy to do and really keeps up the intensity. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Tracy

Just popping on to say good morning! No time for a chat now...I need to rush over to my mom's to get DD. CB is coming over later for what is kind of sounding like a 'family' day...LOL! Anyhoo, we had a great time last night. I don't know what workout I will end up doing today....all I know is that it will be much later! I did CTX kickboxing and abs yesterday...it was nice to throw all those kicks and punches at my dear XDH!

Okay...I'll be back later for a real chat...Happy day to all!!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Good morning,
Just finishing my hot cereal. DH is going to take my Dad out for breakfast after he finishes shoveling some snow. Guess I'd better get my Legs & Back workout in while he's gone. It's snowing lightly right now, but should get heavier. Wonderful to see this moisture. I need to get busy now. Funny how I break out in a sweat after eating my hot cereal every morning. Guess it really does warm a body up.

Jeanette

Happy Saturday Xers!!

Today was Kenpo X. It was fun, I haven't done it in awhile (skipped it last week and subbed it out recovery week). I added plenty of intensity to the moves and really had fun. The warm-up the weather guy promised us hasn't happened yet }( I'm sitting here FREEZING! lol. I am cold-blooded, though... Anyway, I just have the usual slew of errands and house chores lined up for today. We're debating whether to take the tree down today or tomorrow. I just think a nap would be nice ;-)

Jeanette -- I hope you stay safe and warm in the storm!!

Laurie -- I think Tony's responsible for us thinking alike... It's a mind control tactic ;-)

Lea -- Great job with your day 1 workouts!!

Kim -- I hope your calves are much better today! I take a calcium supplement (we have a family history of osteoporosis and my doc recommended it). I haven't had hardly any calf pain since starting it (I used to have awful calf cramps, too).

Debra -- I'm glad you're finally getting back to normal with XDH gone now. We found some shoes pretty easily :) As for buying online, Zappos is a great place. There are also a couple of power sellers on Ebay that have good prices if you already know what you're looking for.

Wendy -- I could probably swing a Saturday morning class, but not next week. I'm going to my parents' house for my bday dinner that day and scheduled a hair cut and brow wax that morning. Let me know if another weekend works out for you guys :D

Sandra -- Yup, you definitely win!! lol. Our expedition yesterday wasn't too bad. Not any worse than I expected with 2 9yos, a 6yo and a 4yo... Do you have Kick Max? My vote is you do KM with the drills immediately following the warm-up }( then do the combos. Just my opinion ;-)

Traci-X -- I'm sure the busy time of year doesn't help the enthusiasm factor. I'm always happy to share, though ;-) Way to mix up the L&B workout today, too!! }(

Tracy -- The BC workout has grown on me. It's less of a space hog than Drill Max, though. The BC workout reminds me some of the classes we did on the RT. The 4DS KB, too.

Hi to everyone else!! I hope you all have a relaxing weekend!

Carol

Classic Rotation/ Week 1/ Day 5/ Leg and BackX and ARX (I'm getting the lingo down, LOL)

Okay my left calf is still very painful. I gave it lots of TLC, heat/massage before bed and it woke me up twice during the night. Just stiffens into painful cramps and takes about half hour to get it to the point I can go back to sleep. I wasn't sure if I should do L&B but didn't want to get behind so just did what I felt comfortable doing. DH did it with me so I used the bands and he used the pull up bar. The bands felt too easy. I'm still eating my bananas and drinking my milk.

Traci- You're up early! Are you always an early riser? Sounds like you had a really good workout yesterday! Hope the DOMS don't bother you too much today. Do you work full time as a personal trainer or is it a second job? Seems like a lot of people do it as a second job.

Debra- Have fune with CB and dd today! You deserve a fun day together!

Sandra- Are you getting this nice weather in Edmonton? Today it's going up to minus one and tomorrow to plus one! We're so excited. I've never tried snowshoes but I like to crosscountry ski. I've just got ds trying the skiing. I'm the opposite as you as I get older I'm tolerating the heat less and enjoying the cold more.

Wendy LOL on the sister drop off. Hopefully she does enjoy her trip. My mom is leaving tomorrow for three weeks in Maui. I just received an email from her telling me where she put the snow shovels ;-) I guess that was a hint.

Tracy- A foam roller sounds like it would be just the thing for my calf but I don't have one. I will just continue with the massage and heat.

Jeannette- I didn't realize that you guys got snow in California, is that in the more northern part of the state? I always think of sunny hot California.

Kim

Hi all,

Chest and Back is done. I was happy with my attempt and increased everything in one way or another. I'm glad I've gotten to the point where I can just push through not really wanting to do something. I love that workout, but I'm feeling the pre TTOm lethargy. I'm going to spend about 30 minutes learning Amy's Hi/Lo ch WU and first couple of combos for some easy cardio then I'll probably go take the dogs for a walk.

Carol - It's not warm today here either. Low 40s, but really cloudy and damp. Glad you were able to 'Bring it' with KenpoX. Last time I had myself believing it was a great core and shaping workout, but since I'm fairly happy with both right now, I'm considering subbing next week with Amy's KB. It's much more fun.

Sandra - What workout did you decide on? Inquiring minds want to know.

I just finished my protein shake, now I can go do the cardio for a few minutes.

Tracy

Hello Xers,

Workout today was KenpoX and a 30 min run with the dog. That was quite fun because it was 40 deg out. Only had to stop a couple of times to look at a horse and a squirrel. :D

This will be a quick one, I have been busy grocery shopping, making some cookies, and sausage roll-ups. Yes we are heading to a party in about an hour. As soon as DH gets back from getting his hair cut.

Just wanted to make sure I checked in with all of you.

Have a great day, and will be able to chat more tomorrow.

Laurie

Hi all,

I just finished the WU and first two combos of Hi/Lo Challenge. In comparison to the other hi/lo it is, just as much fun, less complex choreography, and seemed a little higher impact. Amy does a great job of integrating speed, tempo, impact and direction changes to make quite a nice workout, well if you want to work hard. It's not for the cardio faint of heart.

Laurie - Glad you stopped by. Sounds like you are busy doing all of the weekend duties, plus some fun.

I've got to go walk the dogs.

Tracy

Hello again,

I chose to do KickMax today, without the leg conditioning drills. I needed something with a very gradual warm up, as I was stiff in every corner. This one is perfect for that. I also promised myself that I didn't have to do the Blast Challenge if I just wasn't up for it, but as usual, by time I get that far into the workout, I'm ready to go. So I did the challenge.

Carol....I did that KM Bootcamp premix once, but didn't care for it. I'm just not ready for the high impact of the challenge right out of the gate. But you and I are obviously on the same page, with the idea to do KM in the first place. If you ever want to boost up KenpoX, just add the KM challenge onto the end. They work great together. So did the tree get taken down, or did you nap?

Tracy....Thanks for the review of Amy's hi/lo extreme. As long as it's not the hyper-bunny kind of hi/lo that Cathe does in MIC, I'm fine with it. I'm going to order both of her step challenges, the hi/lo extreme and hi/lo dome, and the kickbox extreme. That should keep me busy for quite a while. My eating these days is just fine, thanks for asking. Without all the holiday feasts, I'm good with sticking to the healthy stuff. Are you on to week 2 already? Wow, that flew by it seems. Are you going to sub PlyoX this week?

Debra....Well that's a nice day you are enjoying. Is DD going back to school on Monday?

Jeanette....I hope Dreya's moaning didn't bother you too much today.

Kim....You're already a ProX! Geez, that calf sounds awful. Yes, the weather these days is positively mild! It's -4 today, with sunshine. The forecast for the week isn't all that bad, either. The highs will be around -12 to -14 by mid week, which of course in January we call a "heat wave." I think we were warmer than most of the states last week. Oh, I don't tolerate the heat that well either LOL! The thing I love about living in Edmonton, is moving away from the heat and humidity of southwestern Ontario. Blech blech!!! I need a nice medium temperature. Maybe Kelowna? I've dabbled CC skiing, but prefer downhill. CC is too much work LOL! Downhill just requires me to turn off the safety switch and have fun.

Laurie....The run sounds like it was fun. Have a great time at the party! Who has a party right after the new year?

Well it finally clicked in my brain why I've been feeling so strained the last few days. AF arrived on the evening of Jan 1, making yesterday and this morning my Dreaded Day Three: Hormone Crash. I should have known. I have to say, I felt better after KM than I've felt all week. On to Recovery Week #2!!!!

Cheers,
Sandra

Oh yay!! DH just suggested we use a gift certificate and eat dinner at The Keg tonight!! Yippee! DD#1 is sleeping over at a friend's, and the toddler doesn't eat much, so that's lots more for me! I'm thinking salmon would be yummy tonight.

Cheers again!
Sandra

Hi all....I am finally back...with, let me add, no workout done...Unless you consider putting up Xmas stuff a workout! Most everything is up now...except 2 Xmas trees that just need to be put up in boxes and taken upstairs...all the ornaments are off already, so not much else to do. I guess I will do SH back and bis tomorrow. I should have done yoga today....but spent most of the day with CB and DD...We had a nice time together.

Gotta run for now....DD wants to log on to one of her websites...UGH...How did this get started so young?? I will try to catch up with personals later....but I am pretty wiped out...so it may be in the morning.

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Crawled over here to let you all know I'm still alive, sort of. My head hurts so bad and it's making me dizzy and queezy and my back feels like someone is wringing out my spine. Unfortunately DH was at work so there's no rest for the weary:(

I'll see you all tomorrow,

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368_1199393270649.gif
[/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.