Xers......Monday...........

blkblt

Cathlete
Today is Day 3, Week 4, Phase 2: Kenpo X or maybee a sub(LM)
Just getting us started. Well I didn't last the whole game yesterday. I went to bed at 3am after tha half-time. But what an upset! No perfect season for NE Patriots. I'll be back later for personals.:+

Hi all,

Hats off to the Giants! I'm not a big football fan, but I was glad to see them win.

Today is B&B and some yoga. I have to get back to doing the yoga at least 5 days a week because my back was starting to bother me again. I have been starving lately. I feel like whatever I burn during the workout I have to consume equal calories right after.

I guess people don't make their own pasta because I couldn't find a pasta machine. I know they sell them on-line because I looked, but I went to two stores yesterday and no luck. The guy in one place just laughed at me told me I'd have to roll out the tortillas myself. He was nice; I hope he's not right.

Off to work and Costco afterwards.

Tracy

Hi gang!
WOOOOOOHOOOOO on the most exciting SuperBowl 4th Qtr I have ever seen! What a fabulous game - I was doing the "TD Dance" in the middle of living room & DH was whoopon'! My first words were - "Tommys Dancin' in the Streets!" after Wendell did several loud "Unbelievables! & No Ways!" he said- "Who's Tommy?" :7 :+ :7 :+ :7 (lea's DH;-) ) ROF

Today is LIC - ttom Day 2 so not a day to do BC again;-)

Oh-BTW: In case ya didnt know already... DH DID get to Walmart for correct mirror hangers but thats as far as the mood took him! :+

Watched "We Are Marshall" - OMG! I cried from beginning to end non-stop- DH cried .... What an uplifting message of the human spirit & its absolute need to overcome saddness & grief & adversity. I thought it was an exceptional movie.

Back with personals

Classic/ Week 12/ Phase 3/ Day 1: CST, ARX (+ 30mins yoga)

Hey all! Sounds like everyone enjoyed the big game yesterday.

I'm off to do CST for the last time. Then ARX or possibly Abs/Core+, if time permits. Gonna start with a bit of Yoga Shakti.

Cheers,
Sandra

Back to chat before starting the day

:7 DEBRA X::::
I see you stayed up & watched the SB!!!! Does that mean you are healthy again??? What a horrid scare- especially w/ your stomach issues.! Have a great school day! :7

:7 TRACY X:::
Wowza on your workouts yesterday! My gosh you have stamina & focus!! OY on the back- I am very happy tho that you know what plan will take care of it right away. ~ Sorry about the pasta maker! Looks like maybe a little on-line research & then ordering direct from will have to do. ~~ OUCH on the FIL/Family issues! I think sometimes people just don't know how to deal with it all so rather than actually communicate that fact it becomes the “announcements” & decisions out of the blue. Its so hard. Keep us in the loop. ~ LOVE the new avatar! I cracked up @ your description… DH bought a 196? Jeep to “fix up” & take to bay ….. That was 5 years ago & it is officially FILLED TO CAPACITY in the garage in Houston w/ all sorts of odds & ends!! Why does a man who leaves town every Friday –Sunday think he’ll be restoring a 196? Jeep on the weekends???????????? ROF

:D CHRISTIANE::
Well unless YOUR team is playing in the SB Why on EARTH would a person stay up to watch it that late!!! TiVo is made for that! LOL….ROF about DH/Running… its so easy to miscalculate how hard something is isn’t it? When I see DH looking at my DVD playing like “wimp” & I am sweating buckets I glare! Of course those were the days prior to him having me as a trainer! ;-) When are you leaving to see DD?

:D KIM:::
Seems you are getting in all the extra cardio you need! Good mama!!! Glad you have a running plan that feels good to you…. Its all do-able! Your pics are just DARLING!!! Now where are YOU?!!! LOL

:D JEANETTE X :::
GOOD JOB on the crosstraining!!! ;-) What a thing to do BEFORE the spinning!!! Good Hearts you all have. ~ ^5 on the Kettle chips! I had more than my share of SB Foods but made my cutoff time early early & drank some Dandelion Tea the rest of night. ~ “ENJOY” SHLegs today!!! Oh My that would be hard as an AM workout! ~ On DOMS..Its not really a good indicator of you pushing hard enough… fatigue is what happens a lot of time if your muscles are conditioned & you eat for muscle recovery normally… Instead I’d test the “1 more rep” concept…. When Cathe is done with a set- how many more can you really crank out? Really really really – can I do 1 more, 2 more etc… & give it a whirl ….. Even if you take a 2-3 second “rest” & do another few reps…its those last reps (w/ good form) that are the most important. ~ I do hope Visiting Angels works out for you!!!

:D TEDDYGIRL:::
Hope you had a great weekend! Any new Ted developments you'd like to share or should we let sleeping dogs lie?

:D LAURIE XX:::
Hope you got just a teeny tad bit of downtime yesterday!

:D SANDRA X:: AKA: Cathe Cat! :
Did ya watch the SB? - you may have been still working on Super Saturdays to do list!

:7 NICOLE X :::
Hope you guys enjoyed the game!

:D LEA X::
What can I say??? BEST GAME EVER!!! LOL- Do share some DH reactions in the 4th! Hope you are feeling less stiff from Eoin today!! Take care of that back.

:7 CAROL:::
Hope all is settling down this new month.

:7 WENDY X:::
Coming home tomorrow means you'ss start flying today!!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH:D :D :D

:7 Swifty XX:::
Did ya get anything exciting in over the weekend? Study hard but come up for air every few days!!!

Off to conquer the world!

:7 :D

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone is ready to get going with their week. I have class today...but since my presentation is done, I just get to listen. I had a great time with CBL last night...we watched the SB and I made tacos and fresh guacamole. And a very nice black bean dip as well! I sent XDH a text message as he is a HUGE Pats fan...and they were all staying up late to watch the SB in Moscow...He got really pi**ed!!! LOL! I told him to relax...it was just a joke...He'll probably be mad at me for a month now...Jerk. He has been saying some things to friends and family that are untrue and uncalled for lately, so I felt like I needed a comeback.

I ended up doing pilates yesterday...so I guess I will have to get my lazy a$$ in gear and do legs today. I did get a lot of housework done yesterday....but my washer is acting up, so I didn't get too far with the laundry. And now of course, my house smells like a Mexican restaurant...but at least the floors are clean!

I will bbl to catch up with personals...Hope everyone has a great day!!

Kim...
Your kids are darling!!! Thanks for sharing! Now we just need a pic of you.

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Good morning,
Today was Slow & Heavy Legs, then Coremax Segment #2. Can you believe I've never done S&H legs before? I probably could have gone heavier on the legwork but didn't want to stress my elbow when putting the barbell on and off my back. I did go heavier than usual and really focused on form for all the leg work. Also, on my weekly weigh in, I was down a pound from last week. So yippee!

Christiane, I missed the exciting finish for Super Bowl, but DH said it was good. I don't like football, but mostly because I hate to see injuries, really bothers me.

Tracy, sorry your back is bothering you. You know what to do to get it back in line. Enjoy your yoga, wonder which one you'll do? I'm not surprised that there aren't many pasta machines out there. Know you will find one. Have you made pasta before?

Traci, the movie sounded like a good one. Sorry you didn't get the mirrors hung, but next time for sure, right? What other excuse would be left LOL? My DH has a 195? some Power Wagon taking up space in our big garage. It's full of junk, in the bed, cab, you name it. Apparently, this is his retirement project. At the time of purchase, there was no talk of it being a retirement project. Sounded like he would be working on it immediately. That was 12 years ago... It's a sickness with these guys, I tell you LOL! Does the dandelion tea work as a diuretic? I'm going to the health food store tonite to get some cranberry juice per Beloved Heather's suggestion for water retention issues. What can it hurt to try? Maybe sometime I'll get a weighted vest so I don't have to that heavy barbell off of my shoulders.

Sandra, woohoo on CST for the last time!!! Got to be a great feeling when you're done!

Debra, sounds like you feel much better now! So very glad! Glad you got back at XDH LOL! He deserved it! Hope you get that leg workout in today. I enjoyed mine, wonder if I'll be feeling it or not. I worked them pretty good last night at the spin session. When Coach Troy had everyone hop off the bike for squats and isometric squats, I stood on my bike and pedaled in my highest gear for the minute and a half or so that the others did squats. I felt it really good in my legs and my heart rate really shot up there.

Got to go,

Jeanette

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 3/Week 9/Day 5
Workout: Legs & Back / B&G Abs / Seg 1 of Total Body Stretching

Workout all done for today, because youngest has dance class tonight. Had a busy day yesterday, and only got to see the last 4 min of the game last night. :D So glad for the Giants. I think they had more mental support from the fan base than the Patriots. :7 :7 I know I was cheering them on to victory, and so was my DH. I just didn't want to see Randy Moss with a SB ring. Can't stand the man!!!

Tracy, I'm surprised you couldn't find a pasta machine. I have seen them at stores that sell cooking supplies. Love the pic of the buggy, looks like a lot of work went into it. Well it has warmed up enough that we are getting some mist. But tonight we are expected to get another 9" of snow. Yippee!!!! NOT!!! x( Oh well, can't complain to much. We have not broken the record yet. Just passed the annual amount of snow though. :D According to the weather people we have had 52.8" of snow this winter. :D

Traci, That is a good movie to watch. To get in the football mood, we watched The Replacements on Saturday night. Probably the only movie that I can actually stand Keano in. :7 One of these days those mirrors will get hung, just like my chin up bar. I'm thinking I might have to hang the dang thing myself. If I start rummaging through his tools, he just might think twice about letting me do the hanging. :7 :7 All I did for a workout yesterday was Yoga Zone Power Yoga. :D So that worked out well.

Debra, Tacos are so tasty. :9 One of the foods my DD's ask for all the time. I have to go to a meeting in about 45 min. with a girl who is a huge Patriot fan. All the other people in the meeting where rooting for the Giants to win. Guess she is going to get teased too. :) Sorry to hear that you where sick this weekend, but glad you are feeling better.

Sandra (Cathe Cat), Have a great workout!

Jeanette, Sounds like a lot of us have a leg day today! ^^^5 on the weight loss.

Christiane, I hope to have the same relationship with my DD's as you have with yours. My parents where the same way with being there to support us, but let us make the choices that we did.

Lea, I can just imagine that your DH is a happy man today!

Kim, Yep we did manage to get the Christmas stuff put away. We painted our family room just before Christmas, and now I have to find something to put over the fireplace. What I had there before just doesn't work anymore. I'm thinking of some type of metal work. The area looks so bare right now. Love your pics.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Jeanette:
Dandelion Root is a natural liver cleansing tea... It tastes OK - I dont like plant/flower teas...Its better than some. The Cranberry/Lemon Juice water isnt really a Jillian Michaels Secret as it seems is professed.;-) .. I heard about it 20 years ago and YES its good for you & YES it works wonders... Cranberry (unsweetened) is wonderful for urinary tract & the lemon is the natural cleanser & diuretic... Its actually a healthy habit to get into.... When your liver is clean & clear your body can process fats much easier...& less water retention is ALWAYS a good thing!;-) I use an Organic Dandelion Root tea bag that I find at newer grocery stores ... ^5 on that AM workout!!! WooHoo!!! On the leg work! KILLER stuff!!!

Hi Ladies!

I'm back!! We had an "unplugged" weekend with no electronics. It went better than I thought it would. We had a fun time at DS' karate school. They had their annual Black Belt Spectacular, which was awesome. One instructor earned his 4th degree black belt!! There were also around 20 students who earned black belts (the youngest was 10!!). There were lots of awesome demos. DS' main instructor broke 5 (yes 5!!) boards with a downward hammer fist. OW! I hope her hand didn't hurt too badly after that. The grandmaster (8th degree black belt) broke a board with a straight punch with a lightbulb in his hand!! No problem. That is control. Yesterday we hung out with DH's family. It was his mom's bday, so we went over to his brother's house for the party. Back to the grind today ;-) I'll be repeating the first week of Phase 3 (do I win the award for taking the longest to get through this round? lol) b/c I didn't get all the workouts in last week. My ankle is all healed up, though :D I'm ready to get back to hard work! I'll be back later on to catch up with personals. I hope you all have a great day!

Carol

Well lord love a duck again!!! I just wrote a post to everyone, clicked send, and it disappeared. Where'd it go? Heck if I know! Maybe it collided in cyberspace with someone else's post, and ricocheted into a black hole. Anyhow, know that I gave a nod to you all. I survived my workout (crushed it, actually. It was a good one). I'll come back later and try for personals again. I've got work to do now.

Cheers,
Sandra

Slow & Heavy/ week 3/day 1
Workout: Butts & Guts (leg blasts) floor work + ab

Hi everyone,

Quick check in, 5 reports hafta go! x( Ted and I had a wonderful weekend, BBL

Hello everyone,
I replaced Kenpo X with Low Max full lenght today. I had a good leg burn with all the intensity blasts. Did some cath-up with the accounting. Tomorrow I have to confront CleanMax...uh...x( I want to get all organised before I leave on Thursday. My flight is at 6:30am but I can check in the night before which I will do. The airport is only 15 minutes away.

Tracy~~ I hope you find a pasta machine. Can't you order online? It seems to me I've seen some when I am in the US at Bed, Bath... or Linen & Chest.

TraciX~~ We have no Tivo, we are connected to a UK satellite. I just wanted to keep DH company snce we'll be almost 2 weeks without seeing each other. Well DH use to think my w/o were not as intense as his. He never followed any DVD whatsoever. But now... it's different.:+

Sandra~~ Hurray:p CST for the last time. I'm glad you had a great w/o:+ and boooo for losing your post;( Hate it when it happens.

Debra~~ Oh that XDH...x( but it seems you had a lovely weekend with CBL. I hope you have a great w/o:p I also need to clean my floors....x(

Jeanette~~ Great job on S&H. In fact I don't have that serie. ;) ;) ;) on the weight loss.

Laurie~~ You are getting closer to the finish line on Round 3 my friend. WOW! Hats off to all of you that are in their second or third round. All I want for now is to finish my first. But honestly I know I'll be back for more.;-)

Carol~~ Welcome back. Isn't it awsome to watch black belts? I know when I was studying martial arts I had the opportunity to watch many tests, of 3rd, 4th, 5th levels and they are so unbelievable to watch. The most I ever got through were 3 boards with a palm strike.I am glad your ankle is healed.:p

TeddyGirl~~ Glad you and TEd had a nice weekend.

BBL

IntervalX+

Well girls, I'm having a rough day. I'm sorry I haven't been on to chat in the last couple of days. I miss you all. I am not in a very chatty mood today as DH is angry with me. Nothing I've done or can do anything about it's all him. I hate not being able to change or control a situation. I have to go clean up around here so it doesn't make the situation worse. I have been out all day so I just came home. I hope to chat tomorrow. {{{hugs}}} and kisses to all,

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Finally back for a chat!!! Mondays always are so busy for me....I did end up getting my workout in....LG...so I guess I will have DOMS tomorrow. I also got a pedicure today...which was much needed and very nice. Gotta get those brows done this week before I turn into Andy Rooney! Nothing else exciting to report on my end....just laundry.

personals.....

Lea...
Go Giants!! I think the local boy's # is 54...but I could be wrong about that...I looked for him last night, but I don't remember seeing him.

Traci...
How kind of you to say that I am already lean...Not so much, dear soul!! But a nice thought! Glad you had a good time with Wendell and the dogs for the SB yesterday....That's all you really need anyway...we were going to have another couple over, but that didn't happen...of course, I made enough food for an army...Oh, well, at least CBL gets to take the leftovers for work the next day. I am very proud of you for staying up to watch the whole thing! I don't know why I ended up with XDH....Of course, hindsight is everything!! So glad to hear that little Matthew is doing well....I am sure his lungs will continue to improve the older he gets. Sorry about all of the family drama surrounding that, though. I am always amazed at how some families expect you to drop your entire world when something happens to them. It's not like you could have done anything even if you had been there...he was already out of danger. I am sorry that your feelings are hurt, though. My XDH's family was the same way...never came to visit, but expected us to drop everything and visit them when they wanted us there. I am definitely healthy...except for the fatigue which is still plaguing me. So, I read your post to Jeanette about the DOMS versus fatigue...I definitely understand what you are saying about working your muscles to failure...ie, not being able to crank out another rep without your form suffering...I guess that normally if I am at that point, I tend to have DOMS, too. Does that just mean my muscles aren't as conditioned and therefore I have the breakdown that causes the DOMS...or am I missing the point of what you are saying? Explain in incredibly simple terms for me when you get the chance.

Sandra..
Dear Cathe Cat...Sooooooo Sorry you lost your post. That is happening a lot around here lately...I hope it doesn't happen to me...LOL. I am knocking on wood right now!

Tracy...
Glad you had such a good workout yesterday. You are right about Tracy's abs in the new X+...she looks amazing!! I don't thin that even if I was as lean as she is that my abs would be that cut....I have way too much saggy skin...How do you get rid of that??? LOL! You are right...no way would my XDH have ever gotten near me while I was sick..in fact when we got Polly...she was still a puppy...and had to go out frequently....I was so sick with a nasty cold...and guess who took the pup out every time...in the snow??? You got it...ME! I am more sure everyday of the correctness of my decision to divorce him...I just wish the process went a little faster. The only pasta machines I have seen are super expensive since they attach to the Kitchen Aid mixer...probably more that you want to spend unless you already have the mixer...then you could just get the attachment.

Christiane...
Seems like you had a nice day with DH yesterday...It is so nice to have a partner to workout with....although I am having a great time with CBL, he will probably never be a workout partner for me...not that XDH ever was either..lol! I bet you are counting down the hours until you can hold DD in your arms and assure her that you are there and things are going to be alright. {{{Hugs}}} to her and her situation. I fell like the production of the X+ stuff isn't quite as good...and the bald guy kind of gives me the creeps...but Tracy is a wonder, isn't she??

Kim...
Sorry the illness is still running rampant!! Your kids are just adorable...I guess you DD is about the same age as mine...I always forget how old everyone's kids are on here...LOL! Ah, yes, I see DD's age now...My DD will be 7 in March...We actually just booked her birthday party today. We are having a mermaid and pirate theme (pirates so we can invite the boys in her class too!)

Jeanette...
How nice you got a little cross training in last night with the Boys...LOL! I am so proud of you, little grasshopper, for getting your housework chores done yesterday. I don't know why we still get ttom after we are done having children....don't our bodies know that we don't need any more hassle??? I actually need to make an appt. with a gyno soon...It has been a while since I went, so I guess it is time for that joy. LOL about Grandma's steamy novels...Way to keep herself young, I guess...No wonder she is so feisty!! Yipee skippy on the pound loss!!! I can't believe you have never done SH legs before. You definitely have to go very heavy with that one to get the benefits. You must just be in fabulous cardio condition!! I would have taken those intervals last night to rest a bit...LOL! And you have no idea how bad my XDH deserves any bad things I do to him!!!! He has been really nasty lately. Why do things have to go like that?????

Laurie...
Sounds like you saw the most important minutes of the game last night anyway! I don't like RM either. How is DD liking dance?? Mine is already preparing for her spring recital...It's a big secret and she won't show me any of her moves. Very cute, actually! I never think to make tacos at home...it as CBL's idea...It was easy though...and DD likes them. I will probably do chicken next time, though.

Carol...
Good for you for having an unplugged weekend...I don't think I would have that kind of willpower...LOL! I bet it was nice to have a quiet weekend with the family, though. The Martial Arts festivities sounded like fun. You know, I think Wendy must have repeated about 6 rounds...LOL...so I don't think you get the title!

Teddygirl....
Glad you and Ted are getting along!

Nicole...
Sending {{{hugs}}} to you. Sorry you are having a tough time right now. Marriage isn't always a lot of fun....but I am sure things will be okay. I am sorry you are feeling so frustrated, though. I can certainly empathize.

Well....guess that does it for me...I really need to study a bit..but I think I may put that off until tomorrow. I don't want to get too cocky after the last test, but I think I will do just fine with one night of studying. Hope everyone has a great evening!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Evening,
Felt really good today, think the all the cardio and interval work is making me feel super. Watching the History Channel with DH now. Always so interesting (yawn). What could be more stimulating than Dogfights of the P51 Mustang? DH loves this stuff though. Could be much worse, like a DH that's into porn.

Okay, on to personals:

Laurie, glad you got that Christmas stuff put up. I have a picture in my living room of a labrador retriever laying on the couch. She just looked so much like my beloved lab Cheyenne that we lost about 6 years ago. Same eyes, I couldn't resist. I have some metal hangings on the walls that I really like. Hope you find something interesting. Wonder if you are getting snow now. The sun came out today and melted off the roads around the institution. I was tempted to take a walk, but did some other work instead. Days are getting longer and if it warms up, a bike ride after work is not out of the question.

Traci, why haven't I heard of this cranberry/lemon thing before? I stopped after work and bought some unsweetened cranberry juice. When I got home I pulled the bottle out of the bag and voila....Concord grape juice. What a ninny I am. I'll have to take it back tomorrow after work. My thighs get so lumpy when I'm retaining water and hoping the cranberry water will help. Wonder what the purpose of retaining water during the time of your periods is.

Carol, glad you could plug in with us here. Bet the karate was exciting. Way to hang in there with P90X. Seeing some good results yet?

Sandra, dang it to he!! with losing your post! Gads, I hate that. Hope you get some quiet time later to post.

Latrese, glad you had a good time with Ted this weekend. He must have behaved himself. Pictures of the dreads yet? Good workout for you this morning.

Christiane, nice that you can check in at the airport the night before. I haven't flown in so long, I'll be lost when I go to North Carolina in April. How long will you be in the States? You sure burn up the airline miles. It's worth it when you get to see your kids and help them.

Nicole, ((((big hugs))) to you. Sometimes you just have to wait it out. I used to get upset, but realized things always worked out with a little time. No sense me working myself up in a dither for someone else's problem.

Debra, glad you got the leg workout in. Legs and Glutes is one I haven't done in ages, but that probably doesn't surprise you. The pedicure sounds nice. My DS's girlfriend and I will be going for our quarterly massage/facial a week from this Friday. It will be my treat for her this time. We really enjoy spending time together. I need to put the request in tomorrow for that day off from work. I'm sure your saggy skin is nothing like mine. Saggy stomach skin, saggy thigh skin, saggy boobs, saggy, saggy, saggy. Oh well, I do have nice teeth :7 I'm pretty happy with my cardio so far. Hoping it will transfer over to good hill work on the bike. I'd like to drop about 5-7# to really climb faster. Reminds me that I need to email a friend about our 1/2 Ironman relay in May. Now that will be a real challenge for me. I'll be doing the bike part because this 'ole gal doesn't swim or run too well. Now if they could make a triathlon with events like biking, golfing, and horseback riding then I think I'd have a chance.

Better sign off now, hoping to get to bed early tonite.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.