X'ers ...........Monday

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Monday !
Are we all ready for a terrific week??? I sure am! Lots of my favorite things planned... Coffee w/ a girlfriend, dinner with another girlfriend, date/movie night, gift certificate shopping (guilt-less!) for pants that fit - none of my 7 pair of black pants stay up with belts! Ever get sad tho when a few of the absolute CUTEST pieces of clothes you own can no longer be worn???

Lets keep our fingers crossed that we all stay injury free & healthy! (Could be tough crossing those fingers those as we injured them last week!)

Plyo X + ARX today.... Grand Final of Plyo X! Maybe I'll even attempt more that 2 or 3 Rock Stars to mark the occasion! I always do them just not with 2 feet off the ground simultaniously!:+

Back with personals in a few!
:7

Happy Monday to all of you X'ers,

We are step by step inching closer to the grad finale! I wish that I was doing the fun things that Traci is doing, but unfortunately I'm not. The only thing I'm doing is getting my hair highlighted this afternoon.

I can't report that I need new clothes anyway. I am going back and forth like a yo yo with skinny and fat days. My waist is definitely smaller, but most of my pants fall at the hip, so it doesn't matter.

Ch/sh/tri for me this evening. It will be the end of a love hate relationship for at least a few weeks. Oh and of course arx, may sub that one though, just plain sick of it.

I'll bbl this evening with personals.

Tracy

Morning X'ers,

Classic/Ph2/Week7/Day7

I will be doing StretchX today after work. Then it is on to grocery shopping.x(

Traci, I was very upset about not being able to wear this really nice suit that I had purchased. I would put it on and it would just hang. I guess for me the sad part was that I had spent so much money on it and didn't get to wear it often. :)

Tomorrow I start my recovery week, so that means Core Syn again. Hope I can do some of those moves better than week 4. :7

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning All!

Tonight is Plyo. Next week will be my last time. I'm definitely sad that this will all be over soon, but I'm also getting a little bored doing the same thing. I just hope I can keep up my results without the rotation.

FYI - Was on the videofitness.com chat boards yesterday and someone mentioned that Amazon.com was letting the Brian Kest DVD with the 3 workouts on it (Tone, Sweat... ??) go for approx. $10.50. What a steal! I jumped on that, and with shipping, only paid $13! Woo hoo! Can't wait to get it after all your rave reviews on his workouts.

Traci - Keep up the great attitude and have a wonderful, fun-filled week.

Laurie - Good luck with Core Syn. I definitely feel the burn with that workout, but it's one of my favs due to all the non-weighted, use your body's own resistance work. Have fun!

Tracy - What are you talking about? Getting a cool hair-do is always fun! My hair always seems to look great for the next week after getting it colored. I think it's because I have fine hair and the coloration gives it more texture. Hope it turns out great, which I'm sure it will.

Have wonderful days everyone!

Morning ladies,

Classic/Phase 2/Week 4/Day 1 (Recovery Week)

Today was yoga so I subbed and did Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti using the matrix for about 65 minutes. Probably much more relaxing than the workout YogaX gives, but I liked it. Could have done more, but ran out of time. Will assist DH with his workout tonite. Core Syn on the books for tomorrow. Wonder if I've gained more strength to do some of the moves better. We'll see.

Laurie, I also have grocery shopping after work. Need to get some nourishing food in the house. Core Syn for me tomorrow too.

Tracy, CST tonite for you? Hope the love part of the relationship is "on" tonite. Not many more times for you so give it your all. Think I will get out a Gilad ab workout for DH for tonite. I don't want him dreading AbX.

Traci, sounds like you have a fabulous week coming up. Oh so nice! Wish my pants were falling off of me. Not many changes in that department, though I think I am a bit more toned. I'm hoping this recovery week is a good one and brings me back to that lean feeling again. Hey, rock it good on PlyoX today, okay? Add in an extra Rock Star for me too!

DB, think you will like the Bryan Kest workouts, great buy for you! Enjoy your last PlyoX too.

Got to go now, bbl or after work for more...

Jeanette

CL/PH2/WK4/Day 1: YogaX

Good morning,

The discussion was so busy yesterday! Ya'll had a party! Too fun!

I'm just going to hit a few highlights that have stayed in my brain from yesterday.

I was able to purchase the Tosca Reno book yesterday. I don't understand they're marketing strategy because it says on my online book store (Chapters) that the book isn't available until Jan 25. But since so many people already have their hands on it, and in the Oxygen issue it states Jan 1 as the availability date, I decided to see if it was possible to get it now. I phoned the bookstore and yep, they had it. So now I do, too.

I'm happy to say that I have been following all but two of her recommendations, so I don't have a lot of changes to make. I guess the downside of that is I probably won't see significant changes in my BF, either. Oh well. At least I know I'm doing a good job already. Eating so much meat protein is a bit disconcerting. As of yet, I don't see where she talks about vegetarian protein sources. Tofu is not on her list of proteins. And what's wrong with natural, no-sugar-or-salt-added peanut butter? When I look at the labels, it's not very different than the other nut butters she mentions. I love peanut butter and will not be giving that up. Mind you, almond butter is also pretty tasty.

X - awesome way to go on the first 4 weeks of the program! Your hybrid workouts aren't boring in the least! Please keep telling us about your progress. Personally I don't know how you can motivate yourself to do HCE#3 every week. That's a tough, tough workout!

Traci - your last time doing PlyoX?! You lucky girl!!! Have a great time, and rock it hard! I rarely have the problem of mourning for lost clothes; I have a very small wardrobe, and haven't dropped a size in years (minus the couple of years of maternity growth and decline). How was your facial? You have just a wonderful day planned! Enjoy it! What movie are you going to see?

Jeanette - Love the story about the new helmet LOL! As long as you look fast, then you'll be fast! Your bike ride yesterday sounded really pleasurable. Heck, any time you talk about your outdoor activities they sound pleasurable!

Tracy - the end of ch-tri-sh for you today? WooWee!!! Bring It!

Laurie - I've got CoreSyn to do this week, too, and I'm also hoping it goes better than in the first Recovery Week. I found it very awkward. Maybe familiarity will help it flow better. There's a few moves I'm really dreading (chataranga runs, for instance!).

I'll be doing YogaX this morning.

Stephanie, Monica, Gayle, Debra, DB, everyone else I missed, and all you P90X lurkers have a great day!

Sandra

Good morning everyone! I entered Phase 2 Week 3 with a bang this morning! I really worked hard on Chest, Shoulders, & Tris and ARX! I felt great, especially since next week is recovery week. I made the decision to stay on schedule. The ice power outage last week set me back, but I was still able to get in all the weighted workouts, ARX twice and two cardio sessions. I missed yoga, and my cardio sessions weren't Plyo X and Kenpo X, but it will just have to be good enough. I think that the weighted workouts are probably more important. Now I am back on track and feeling ready to bring it!

** TRACI ** Sounds like you have some fun things planned for this week. I hear what you are saying about pants not fitting. I have a lot of expensive work trousers. I just took a whole bunch to a tailor and for $14/piece had the waist and hips taken in. It was so great to have my old work pants fitting again. Good luck on your Rock Stars today!

** TRACY ** Good luck on CH/SH/TRI this evening! I am also tired of ARX, but am trying to stick with it because I am getting such great results from it.

** LAURI ** Enjoy your recovery week -- I am there next week and really looking forward to it.

** DB ** You will be able to keep your results up after P90x, don't worry. I think we have all learned a lot about our bodies and how they respond to different types of exercise from all of this. While I will definitely go back to some Cathe workouts -- I won't ever work out the way I did before. No more hours of killer cardio. Just a couple good sessions and a few short (30 min) bursts here and there when I feel it is needed.

** JEANETTE ** I also have Yoga Shakti and love it! I hope you enjoyed your workout. Good luck on Core Synergistics tomorrow. I look forward to doing that one next week.

** SANDRA ** I wouldn't give up peanut butter either! It tastes soooo good! One of my favorite things. I have to watch myself though, because I can eat half a jar before I realize what has happened. Enjoy Yoga X this morning, I have that on schedule for Thursday. I took off work Thursday to have an MRI done and luckily I won't be in a time crunch like I usually am.

** STEPHANIE ** I am so sorry to hear about your pinky toe, you poor thing!!! Be careful and take care of it.

** LEA ** I hope you enjoyed your rest and football day, because now it is time to get to work!!! Just teasing.

Everyone have a great Monday!!
Monica

Classic/Phase 3/Week 4(Woo Hoo)/Day 1

Hi there my fellow X'ers. Time for the final week of hard work before rest week and then, some of us are done. Yippee. Today was Chest, shoulders and triceps along with ARX. I am very proud of my progress especially on the pushups. Grant it, I still can't get on my toes during those darn one arm pushups like some great bicycler here, but for example on my floor flys, I started with 16 all on toes and now I am up to 24 all on toes. And I am patting myself on the back because I FINALLY did all of the Mason Twists with straight legs. Now if I can get through all of the reverse bicycles without feeling like my legs are going to fall off, I will be happy.

Now it's time to get really serious with my eating (I know a little too late) but hopefully some of my poofiness will go away before I have to take my 90 day finale pics :)!!

Bbl with personals. Have a great morning.

Lea

LEA!
I am so happy to read that someone else struggles with the reverse bicycles!

Monica

Mid Morning Wave to all X'ers ````````````

:7 :7 Tracy: I ADORE getting my hi-lites done! I try in the winter to just go darker blonde so I can do it at home & save $$$ so that first pro hilite job in May is always sooooo exciting for me. I tried this year (for 8 weeks) to go natural..... EXACTLY when did those gray hairs start growing?????? Holy Cow I'm almost 50% gray in frame of face... Ran out and got some Loreal' real quick.... My grandma was 100% beautiful silver gray by age 30, she never tried to hide it... wish I had that gene! LOL .... I know what ya mean about skinny/fat Trac... My butt is definitely smaller in last 3 months as is upper body and legs... My hips have hardly budged at all... Cannot figure that one out...

:7 :7 LAURIE: Enjoy stretch day!! Feels great doesnt it? Oh I am so in ENVY state of you startinga recovery week... Even that nasty Core Syn sounds good to me today! I have DREAD factor for Plyo + Abs today. LOL on the core syn moves.... I look ridiculous doing most of them. Shoot you only get to practice the darn things 2 x a month so I guess we shouldnt really expect to be little Dreya's!

:7:7 DB: Hi there DB! What a GREAT deal you found on Kest! Great job in going for it! Hope you enjoy your plyo tonight.... HEY - just had an idea, does it count as mine done if YOU do it 2x????

:7 :7 JEANETTE: Your Yoga sub sounded great! Good for you for finding a 65 minute one you like! All this talk about subbing ARX and yea... I will too! lol. I only have 3x left with it but geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. I think I will pull up the Ab Attack Mania thing that Sandra posted for us a few days ago.... yep... decisions made, ARX back to shelf you go! Now dont get too excited about pants "falling off" - thats not all due to P90X. Some of these are just my fat pants that i could still get away with (barely) before P90X. Since my butt is way smaller tho theres nothing left to help hold them up!

:7 :7 SANDRA: We did miss ya at the party! Sunday was really fun around here with the few of us who were yacky yacks! WooHoo on new book purchse! I really like how she just lays it all out without a lot of fluff... MUCH easier to take principles for me than say the BFFM 25,000 page ebook I have! lol on the things you question... I wondered about PB too... maybe I'll email her w/ that. Laura Scudders all natural is 100% peanuts so maybe its the fact that so many of us cant stop at just 2 tablespoons of the stuff... lol The facial will take place either next week (final recovery) or the week after once I'm REALLY done! If I do it this week I probably wont remember its a ^^^ 5 for FINISHING the X...Mentally I'm DONE and my shoulders are killing me so they feel "done" as well.

:7 :7 MONICA: ^^5 on bringing it so darn well today! You are on a big roll now...I agree totally that the weight training is most important aspect of program... missing/ subbing cardio for just 1 week probably will have zero negatives for ya! MRI? Hope all is ok with you!!! See note below to Lea re; reverse bicycles....

:7 :7 LEA: WOOHOO on your progress with C,S,T! Isnt it mind boggling to see where we were at just 11 weeks ago? One Arm push ups... I never was able to get that down either... actually think yesterdays attempt was what took my achy shoulder over the edge. LOL on Mason Twists w/ feet in air!!! I gotta confess that I did to last week BUT its only because I did all of ARX backwards! lolol... I was so bored with it that I just FF to Mason Twists then would rewind to each exercise.... Is that cheating??? Reverse bicycles... I cant do them because my brain / body connection isnt wired for reverse! I swear al I can get them to do at Tonys pace is to push/pull... I gotta go at a snails pace to get actual reverse rotation! TOO FUNNY........I'm getting really serious on eating too Lea... Shoot I had a bad week about 4 weeks ago and got so mad at myself for sabotaging results this close to end. You can clean it up to get rid of lots of poof! Just no beer on SuperBowl Sunday!

:7 :7 X: Question for my Hybrid Queen... post P90X I want a Kenpo mish mosh. Dont want all the cardio of Cathes kicks so want to pick out the Drills parts. I found Low Impact Kick Max Premix to be perfect with just needing to add about 10 minutes of arm drills.... Whats my best bet w/ Cathe Kicks??? Is it Cardio Kicks that she does the killer drills in (the one with the guys?)

:7 :7 You guys are way more fun than Plyo X BUT....... I shall not write again until the mission is accomplished!
:7

Just HAD to chime in an answer to Traci's question....

So, I'm not willing to do Plyo twice, BUT I am willing to do 4 sets (2 on each side, both rounds) of Rock Star jumps if you do my squat-switch-180-pick-up thingys??? Sound like a deal??? :)

Hi everyone. Back with personals now.

Traci - You can do it with plyo. This is the very very last one, so bring it girl. Isn't is amazing what we do to try to keep our interest on the same ol ab routine? I think the only reason that we stick with it is because it works. Maybe I will be able to see those muscles at the end of the week with my eating clean :). And what do you mean no beer on Superbowl Sunday???? Are you crazy? That is the BEST day to drink beer!! LOL. I don't know, I am going to have to think about that one. If it is just DH and I, I probably won't partake. Hang in there, after plyo, only 5 more days to go until recovery.

Tracy - Enjoy those highlights!! I also hear you on the clothes. My body can't decide if I want to fit into my skinny jeans one day or my regular jeans the next. But I hope that it decides quickly because all of my jeans have holes in the knees. Have a great workout and let us know what you do in place of ARX.

Laurie - Have a great Stretch!! Sorry to hear about the suit, but you should be happy that your body is getting better, yes??? Jealousy here that you are starting recovery week :((.

DB - You are on your way to the end. Woo hoo!! Great job on Bryan Kest. I definately have to check him out. Seems like everyone likes him.

Jeanette - You wild woman. I am so glad that you had a great ride yesterday. And congrats on the new helmet. I would be patting myself on the back doing bike rides in that temperature. 38 is definately not warm! As for me on the Cathe weight work, I think that I am going to keep up with her because I am going to switch doing Cathe one week and Tony (P90MS) the next. But I also have to see if I lose anything or not doing that. Have a great day at work. And have an awesome recovery week.

Sandra - Ok, so now I am absolutely confused on this Tosca Reno book thing. I tried ordering from Amazon and they don't ship until Feb.7th. Went to the bookstore yesterday and they said it is not released until Jan.28th. Looks like I have to call around too or just order from her sight. I hate paying shipping on just one item though. So congratulations on being able to get the book. We must have reviews when you are done. Hmmmm...she doesnt' recommend peanut butter? Well, you know for a fact that Cathe eats it and look at her bod, so I suspect that you are safe. And you are in recovery week too. Enjoy!!!

Monica - I am glad to hear that other people have problems with the reverse bicycle. Maybe he just throws that in to make sure we are paying attention. LOL. Great job on C/S/T and ARX. It's a great workout isn't it? Enjoy your day.

Debra - I hope that you had a fabulous trip.

Hi to everybody else.

Lea

Hi Xers!

Classic Hybrid/Ph1/Wk4/Day21

Total,complete, delicious rest day! Then I will follow P90X Rest/Recovery schedule with the exception of 2-3 Core Max this week.

>:7 :7 X: Question for my Hybrid Queen... post P90X I want a
>Kenpo mish mosh. Dont want all the cardio of Cathes kicks so
>want to pick out the Drills parts. I found Low Impact Kick
>Max Premix to be perfect with just needing to add about 10
>minutes of arm drills.... Whats my best bet w/ Cathe Kicks???
>Is it Cardio Kicks that she does the killer drills in (the one
>with the guys?)

Great question Traci! I believe that to achieve the same workout format as Kenpo you may want to consider KPC "Kicking and Punching" premix, but eliminate the warm up. These are very solid low impact-style kicking, blocking and kicking combos that compliment Kenpo. And I agree with you on the "Low Impact Kicking" premix from Kickmax. I think Kenpo is all about mental focus and form. Some of that gets defeated with higher tempo cardio like the "conditioning drills" from KPC.

Now, on the subject of a PlyoX mish mosh I think HCE #3 is on the money. It certainly is very tough but I like the fact that I am still trying to master it despite doing it many times. So the advanced level matches Plyo. Plyo focuses on "jump training" and HIIT. HCE #3 has both those elements: as you may recall it splits up the very tough "KickMax Bootcamp Challenge". This has tuck jumps, ski hops (AKA zig zags), plie squat jumps, etc... Another great mish mosh for a Plyo-like w/o would bve those wonderful "conditioning drills" from KPC.

There are some incredibly complimentary workouts from Cathe that work well with P90X. I'm still in the discovery phase!

Enjoy your day X chicks!

X

>And I agree with you on the "Low
>Impact Kicking" premix from Kickmax. I think Kenpo is all
>about mental focus and form. Some of that gets defeated with
>higher tempo cardio like the "conditioning drills" from KPC.

Hi X! I agree -- last week I had to sub some workouts and I feel that the low intensity portion of Kick Max (the 4 combinations) are similiar in intensity and focus to Kenpo. I will be incorporating this into my post P90X workouts!

Monica

Just completed my doubles p.m. session - Cardio X! YAY!

I really like that one - just enough cardio!

Have a great evening everyone!
Monica

Hi all,

My hair looks a lot better. I felt like one of those before and after pictures. That's the bad thing about highlights and gray hair. Once you start to color it is never ending.

I'm happy to report that ch/sh/tri went much better that I anticipated. I was tired when I got home. I almost put it off until tomorrow, then decided against that and lowering my weights if necessary. I was able to keep the same weights and increase reps on almost all of the exercises except a couple. I kept the number of pushups the same as last time too. I run out of time for any more reps.

One more thing that I've found out about myself is that even if I feel somewhat tired, more often than not, my muscles still perform pretty well. No time for personals, but I enjoyed reading everyone's comments.

Tracy

Hi all,
Winding down for bedtime. Worked DH on the Bowflex and free weights on Chest/Triceps and then Abs. He is doing well and even went on a walk today while I was at work, so he got in a little bit of cardio. His stomach is shrinking a bit. Has a ways to go though.

I'm looking forward to Core Syn tomorrow. Guess I shouldn't expect too much. As someone else wrote, I've only done it twice before so I haven't exactly mastered it.

X - I got my Master Series, thanks so much. I sent the check out Saturday morning so you should be getting it soon. Hey, I have Kickmax, now I can start making better use of it. Don't think I've done it in about a year, but using it like KenpoX (the low impact kicking), I think I'll get more use from it.

Sandra, I don't like Chata Runs either, now maybe I'm not looking forward to it, LOL! I'll have to check out almond butter. I love any kind of nuts and in butter makes it even better!

Monica, glad you are staying on schedule. We are all here with you. My Dad always says, "if it was easy, everybody'd be doing it". P90X is definitely not easy, but as I sit here in Recovery Week and look at more definition in my arms, it's worth it. I fell asleep once during a Shiva Rea session, it was sooo relaxing. I am definitely going to expand my yoga collection. My hamstrings were tight from cycling yesterday and yoga was just the ticket today.

Lea, I was laughing about you mentioning my one armed pushups. Tony said to try them even if you don't get much range and believe me, it was barely and I mean barely measurable, but not as tough as I thought it would be. The reverse bicycles in AbX get to me too. They really bother my DH and he starts to feel it in the groin so I tell him to stop. Crunchy frogs also bother him. I think that's a great idea to do Cathe one week and Tony the next. I now have P90MS so I'll have some new workouts and thanks to Traci, new sheets to record my stats! What a great idea!!!!

Traci, did you get PlyoX done yet? I was thinking about you and rock star hops or did you trade them away? I'd like to trade away tuck jumps myself. WAAAAAAHHHH, I want my pants to be at least slipping down onto my hips. Doesn't look like that's happening to me, but my arms look fabbo tonite. Tomorrow I will wake up and they will be puffo again. I'm hoping Recovery Week is a magical one for me.

Monica, good job with the doubles. You know what? I've never done CardioX yet at all. Maybe next rotation.

Tracy, I sometimes feel tired mentally when I start a weight workout, but my muscles are okay and then I'm jazzed because I'm bringing it and before you know it, my mood has lifted and I'm yelling and whooping it up. Funny how it'll turn around. That's why we have to keep pushing play and see this thing through.

Got to get to bed, will check back in the a.m.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.