Xers........Merry Monday.........

blkblt

Cathlete
Greetings from Luxembourg
Phase 2, Week 2, Day 3: B&B + AbX
Well I survived PlyoX yesterday. I followed Pam for the more high impact moves but other than that I stayed pretty much with the original form. I went pretty low in my squats. Only a few moves my back refuses to do: anything where both feet leaves the ground with high bend knees, so the jump knee tuck and the guitar thingy were modified. I did not take a break but was sweating quite a bit (I do not sweat easily). I am surprised that I am not all sore this morning, so it's good. I'll keep it in the rotation. Poor DH pulled a neck muscle yesterday, not as bad as mine 2 weeks ago but nonethe less. He skipped his workout today as he would have had to get up at 6 to do L&B, we went to bed at 12PM after watching the football game and he has a business diner tonight until late. That will give him a chance to rest his neck anyway. After this it w/o time, then out to do groceries and some errands, clean my office desk mess, do some scrapbooking and study German for a while. Now some personals;

Kim~~ It seems that you have your DS swimming situation under control and a good perspective over that. Congratulations on completing Phase 1. Quite an accomplishment. CS is indeed a difficult w/o. There's a number of unusual exercises. In fact I find it one of the most difficult in the program. I also miss Cathe so I visited her yesterday after PlyoX for Stretch Max with the stability ball. Felt good.

Tracy~~ Trust me... you will be without your children soon enough.;-) I don't know if it's because DD left home so young but I was hanging on to DS before he left for college and then before I knew it...GONE x( . Now he's back at home as he transfered back to a college nearby our house in MI. Last session....Finally LOL :+ Yes everything is smaller in Lux. You snooze and miss the country, you blink and miss the city... Seriously the country has only 450K people and 40% of that population is expatriate. We have all the facilities and stores but in a smaller version.

Sandra~~ Yep! there is something to be said about StretchX. DH was never into stretching before and said it will definitly be part of his w/o routines from now on. He is back here in Lux, we came back together. He is leaving for US again Sunday for 4 days. Suggested I go back but I'll stay put for a while. He showed me his travel schedule for the next 5 months and he is never home (here in Lux)more than 3 days...TERRIBLE...;( As for fish and shellfish recipees I take them all from WW Yearbooks. I have from 2000-2003 and a few more they published. You may be able to find them if you have a WW center nearby. If not, let me know what kind of recipees you like and I can email you some.

Nicole~~ Sorry about SD losing the game yesterday. We watched it until 12PM here. What a strange situation about your friend getting married without letting anyone in. I guess you never really know a person...

Debra~~ Sounds like you had a great weekend in WV. Welcome back.

Jeanette~~ I am glad you got your bike ride in before the blizzard. I will email you and you can run me through the process for picture trail.

Well off to visit with Tony and the kids. "See" you later.

Hi all,

It's 7 degrees this morning. DS has a friend who lives in WVA and he said it never got above 0 there yesterday. I'm sure Debra was warm and cozy:)

Today, in keeping with trying to decrease the intensity this week, I will probably do LM and then some yoga.

I'm going to lunch with DS's GF. They are taking a break right now, but I called her and we are going out. DS was being a little bit of an A$$ towards the end of the relationship and I told him he needed to either participate or do something else. I'm not sure what a break really means, but whatever.

Nicole - Quick decisions to marry amaze me. DS's had never dated anyone seriously, met a girl, and within 3 months had proposed. I hope you are getting over whatever happened.

Sandra - The cardio makes me really hungry for the wrong stuff. I'm cutting back this week too. Do you have any of the Powerstrikes? If you like controlled KB, they fit the bill. I like stretch x for everything but legs. There just isn't enough lower stretching in that one for my stiff hamstrings and back.

Christiane - Glad you survived plyox. I had to modify the tuck jumps too. It's just too much impact on the back. I can jump up and land on one foot with no problem, but both just sends a jolt up my back that is not pleasant.

Jeanette - Yeap, no point in confusing DH with a different schedule. Glad you got your ride in.

Happy Monday.

Tracy

Classic/ Week 10/ Day 1/ CST; ARX (+30 mins yoga)

Good morning!

Where are the Traci/y's today? Oh yeah, it's a holiday in the US. Have a nice lay-in, ladies. I'm off to Bring It with CST today. I have no intention of trying to bring it to a whole new level. CST just seems to bring too many people down when they attempt to do that.

Christiane....Gooooood morning! Excellent news about PlyoX! You've got a whole new workout to add to your collection.

BBL to chat with all the sleepyheads,
Sandra

Good Morning Christiane! & all the sleepy heads in X-Land!;-) Was it a late football night for everyone???? What GREAT playoff games! Neither of my preferred teams won but I love a good game & GB/Giants delivered the nail biter I love! Now Lea - Since Tommys team won I fully expect them to kick the Pats boot-ay, deal???}( Cant have a team w/ a coach like that winning the SuperBowl!DH & I are FULLY supporting you guys now:*

Well- as we knew would happen the lovefest in TX had an expiration date;-) We did get the mirrors purchased but by 10am we were back to doing our own things.... right before the first game I made mention of mirrors getting hung & was promptly explained that SATURDAY was romance day! :+ I think it had to do w/ the fact I said I wasnt "in the mood" for more lovin' this weekend:eek: MEN- its all about the nookie isnt it??? :+ Well @ least I got 1 solid day of pampering before the bubble burst:7

Tone never got tackled.... I was bundled up like an eskimo all day... These winter days in South Texas are for the birds! I just didnt want to get undressed to actually start anything ..... Today is IntervalX Plus so that will easily be done w/ Toneas a "stretch" I suppose....

Lets see what happened on Sunday around here.......

Ms Sandra is all stretched out & ready for another successful X week!}( Do you feel like Gumby today??? ~~ Oooooh I must find a way to rent Oceans 11 now.... I cancelled my Netflix as we dont even watch 1 movie a month during fishing season! I havent gotten to all my TiVo'd shows in 2 weeks...see what happens when you go to sleep at sundown?;-) ~ I'd imagine part of the good that this X nutrition plan does for your body is that it appears the calories are staggered. I have always brokken thru plateaus when I do that... Since I am too lazy these days to count calories I simply rotate High Carb / low Carb / No carb days and I can generally drop any excess #s in about 3 weeks. ~~ I was so happy to read that you are playing it smart this week w/ CST! GOOD GIRL! You must have learned your lesson with your elbow- see there, we "old" dogs can learn!

Ms JEANETTE appears to have been a frozen popcycle yesterday! What a ride that sounds like!!! ~ Oh yes my Dh is (can be) Mr Sappy! We always say that in the romance dept he's the girl for sure!!!heheheheheheeh ~ I personally could care less- but I think its because I've passed my prime & pretty much dont care that I have!:+ I keep telling Wendell to hang in there w/ me because as soon as I'm thru menopause I'M CERTAIN I'll feel frisky 24/7! LOL I think he's actually buying that one! }( ~~~Hope your WW is still working for you & you see the results you are shooting for!!!

Ms DEBRA made it back & had enough rest ;-) to actually check-in! Well do tell just a FEW more details will ya????:* We missed you but I'm sure you had a great birthday...On a scale of 1-10 where does this birthday rank in your adult life???? Wheres the Diva today?? Oh I see she'll be at home w/ mom! GREAT DAY!!!mwah

PoorMs Nicole had some nasty stuff going on yesterday! {{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}} What on earth happened @ church to upset you????? ~~ My best guess on your lifetime friend is that there is an entire story there.... Be a good friend & listener if you can - I'm sure the marriage mystery unfolds soon. ~ Sending HAPPY WEEK vibes across the miles:*

Ms Tracy was (as usual) a good Xer & did her yoga!!! I know that one day you'll rub off on me;-) CS as well? My oh my! ~~ OK OK I just read your today post & I'll quit my *itching about the cold!!!!! You may as well crawl under a heating blanket & just stay there for a month! BRRRRRRRRRR ~ LOL on DS/GF "break" my mind immediately went to Friends w/ benefits!!! VERY good of you to remain on good terms...You're a kind hearted person!

Ms Latrese surprised us w/ a flyby!!! LOVE when that happens!! Hope the training day flew by for ya!:*

Ms Kim was a sunday shopper too! Hope you found your yoga blocks @ a good price. HAPPY RECOVERY WEEK!!!!!! You go girl! ^5 on doing so well thus far!!!! ~ APX is Amy Bento All Pump Extreme- it was her series before Slo Mo I think. I only get her weight stuff & sometimes kickbox if it sounds less like HiLo- When I kick I want it to be more along the lines of Tony Kenpo & Kenpo+, I am not the cardio junkie that so many Xers are. ;-)

Ms Christiane, you busted me!:+ YES of course you were the third traveling Xer! I should know that odds are you will always be the one if my memory fails:* ~ Yes my DH has a long way to go before he gets back in fighting form. Up until 3 years ago he fished off-shore every weekend battling 300+ pound fish for hours on end...He was super buff from 'just' doing that- Our lives have changed a bit & he virtually has been motionless for 3 years - fishing these days is part in the boat & part wade fishing- His legs & butt still look great from walking in the water for hours on end but upper body is mush as is his back:-( He is really having back challenges as he ages and the fact he has a pot belly certainly doesnt help the cause.... I like all the Xers am in awe of your ability to workout as you travel about...I fear I would NEVER be that dedicated- Do you take Melatonin for jet lag or do you naturally adjust sleep cycles easily? ~~ Enjoy B&B today!! I like the pump that one provides!!!

Ms Lea, ^5 to you & DH again!!! What an exciting night in your household!:7 ~ So when ya gonna do the chiroprator thing? I am so concerned for you- especially caring for those not so little boys of yours! :* Glad you like the books!!! I liked Natalia's take on the whole thing as well. ENJOY!!!

Well my feet are cold so I must put on the thicker slippers & drink more hot beverages! XXOO TO ALL in X land! I shall return @ some point to check on all.

Yeah, it's a yoga day:)

Just wanted to be part of the morning conversation so I thought I'd pop in really quick.

I talked to my friend last night and she told me she's been engaged to her husband for 3months and didn't tell a soul. She didn't want her parents to get upset because they love her ex-boyfriend so much. The bad thing is, the last time she was in town she led him to believe she still wanted to marry him. She is a flight attendant so she is gone for 6 weeks at a time in Slovakia. Half the time we're not sure what she's thinking.

I'll be back later for a real chat:D

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Good morning ladies! I actually didn't sleep all that great last night...UGH. At least today is a holiday, so I should be able to get a nap in later. I will be starting my new rotation today...A lean rotation that Traci helped me with.

day 1 upper body (using either PP or MM)
day 2 30-45 minutes of kickboxing + yoga
day 3 legs (using BG or LG)
day 4 yoga
day 5 circuit (using HSTA and I'm not sure which other one yet)
day 6 yoga

Let me know what you guys think!

Let's see...WV was wonderful...and yes, Tracy, VERY cold. In fact we were in the hot tub yesterday morning and my diet coke froze on the side of the tub! We did NOT do any hiking or skiing...although we did stop at Winterplace yesterday and watch the skiers...Does that count?? The cabin was great...gas log fireplace, heated floor in the bathroom, full kitchen...and actually way too big for just the 2 of us...there was an upstairs loft that we didn't use...It would be great to go back there with a couple friend...lots of room and space for everyone. We didn't get in until late on Friday night...and we ended up staying up really late that night too, so we slept in a bit on Saturday and we to the historical downtown area that was close to us and padded around a bit...We were staying on the New River Gorge and it was incredibly picturesque...of course, all the pics are on CB's camera, so I will have to share some of those later. We went down to the biggest town for dinner on Saturday night...and then came back and watched a movie for a while. Sunday...more sleeping in for me...CB was up and in the hot tub pretty early. We stopped by the ski resort on the way home yesterday...and the weirdest thing...I used to work for Cracker Barrel (in another life) and I ran into one of the people who worked for me in the first store that I managed. It was the craziest thing! I haven't seen her for about 6 years...and there she is in Beckley, WV of all places! We used to be really close, but lost touch during my travels over the years...I didn't know she still worked at the Barrel...It was such a delight to see her! Anyway, those kind of things never happen to me, so it was just kind of funny.

Okay...I will catch up with personals a bit.....

Christiane...
Great job on getting in all of your workouts with such a busy travel schedule. Sorry to hear about DH's neck...I hope it is something that heals quickly for him. How is the German coming along? Do you have a tutor or are you taking a class? Have fun with BB today...I always got a huge pump in my forearms from that one!

Tracy...
Nice to have a day off, hunh?? Hope lunch goes well with the GF...Are she and DS broken up for good, or just seeing each other less? I am assuming this is the GF with the weight problem...although I could obviously be wrong about that. Have fun with LM today...Your trip to Costco on Saturday sounded like a nightmare...Yep, it was super cold in WV yesterday...actually uncomfortably cold, which I am not normally. I tend to be pretty hot natured.

Nicole...
Sorry you had such a tough day yesterday. I am sure there is some sort of story behind your friend's quickie marriage. I wouldn't be too hurt since it is obvious her mom knew nothing about it either! And what the heck happened at church to upset you so?? {{{HUGS}}} to you!

Traci...
Glad Wendell was back to normal yesterday...LOL! I am sure it was wonderful to have such a caring, loving husband on Saturday, but too much of that makes you think he has been up to something! So what were are the temps down there right now to make you so cold?? Or is it you are just so used to good weather that a little chill is too much for you? My birthday was wonderful...And I gotta tell you it ranked pretty high on the scale! XDH never made a big deal about my bday...Sometimes we would celebrate my bday on a day that wasn't actually my birthday (due to business trips or whatever) which was fine, of course, but XDH would always act like that day was my bday...which it wasn't...and it always bugged me. I remember a few years that he didn't tell me happy birthday on my actual birthday. Since we had already celebrated it, I guess it was over. LOL! But CB wished me a happy birthday all weekend...AND in general, just made a really big deal about it. What a sweetie!

Jeanette...
Wow...that sounds like a pretty cold ride yesterday! They were making snow at the ski resort yesterday and it was blowing pretty heavy on us. I can't imagine riding in that! Good little grasshopper..You got some chores done yesterday. I guess you are off today for the holiday...hope you have a wonderful leisurely workout!

Sandra...
Sounds like your eating went really well last week. Sorry about the hunger pangs, though. Hopefully you are right about the lighter cardio lessening that some this week. I am always super hungry when my cardio is up. Actually, now that I think about it, I am super hungry right now! I guess I will have to take DD out to breakfast a bit. Yep, had a wonderful time with CB this weekend. I was actually a bit surprised at how well we traveled together. It was kind of like a test of the relationship. I'm with you on Ocean's 11...I could watch it everyday, I think. I liked Ocean's 13 better than 12...but that could be because I really don't like Catherine Zeta-Jones. I did think that 13 was 'smarter' though. Have fun with CST today!

Well, I think I am caught up for now...Or maybe not really, but I will be around checking on everyone today. I think DD and I will get going and get some breakfast...and then I guess I will have to unpack since I was too lazy to do that last night...I have some laundry to do...and I need to study for my class since I think we have a test on Wednesday. Back to the grind for me! I am looking forward to some weight work today, though. I missed it!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Nicole...
You snuck in on me! Glad it is a yoga day for you, it sounds like you need it! I guess if your friend is happy, that is all that matters, just hope things work out well for her. Have a fun day!

Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Morning Xers,

Round 3/ Phase 2/ Week 3/ Day 5
Workout: Legs & Back (done) / ARX / Maybe some jump rope

Dang cold still, but it is improving. :) It is warm enough that it has started to snow. :) Yesterday we had our first workshop for faire, and it seems as if it went over very well. DH let go his assistant and gentlemans captian from last, and I think that the change will be good for this group of people. I love how his new assistant talks to people as equals instead of you will do this or else. These people are all adults, and don't want to be talk to like children. After all these people all volunteer for this. :D No workout for me yesterday, because we didn't get home until after 8pm. I did enjoy some pizza last night too.

My neices cowgirl outfit turned out really cute. It was pink (of course), and she walked out with the outfit on. She asked my sister where her hat was. She wanted the whole thing on. She even had little pink boots on her feet. She will be 4 next month, and has loved horses since she was 2. This girl loves horses so much that she sleeps with the hard plastic ones. :7 :7 :7 Spirit is her favorite movie.

;( over my Packers this morning, but for a team that was suppose to be last in the league, they did just fine. :D I still will be a huge fan.

Christiane, ^5 on getting PlyoX in for the first time. That workout is one of my favorites, and I like that Tony shows the low impact moves. Hope your DH's neck gets better soon.

Tracy, I totally understand the spending higher money when someone else shops with you. Seems that I don't get things that they feel they need or want. :D Have a good time at lunch with DS's GF. Also have fun with LM, another goodie. I haven't done a step workout in a loooong time. I enjoy them, but I'm afraid I will hurt my knee again. :(

Sandra, I'm at work, we don't get the MLK holiday yet! Just give our union time, and I'm sure we will have the day off. Have to wait another 4 years thought. :D

Traci, One good thing about the romance day, you did at least get the mirrors. Only problem is that you have to wait for the next romance day for the things to get hung up. :D

Nicole, Sorry to hear you had such a rough day yesterday, hope today gets better and better.

Debra, Sounds like a great weenend get away you and CB had together.

Kim, I know exactly what you are going through. I had both my girls in swimming. One took to it like a fish to water. My youngest however said that it hurt too much, but she was a better swimmer than the oldest. :7 :7 I took the youngest up until they started all the hardest strokes, but my oldest went on to compete. She would still love to be in swimming, but finds running to be just as satifying. I'm just happy they both are finding things they like to do. Youngest is happiest with her ballet. :D

I need to head out to a meeting, so BBL.

Laurie

Doubles/Phase II / week 6 / day 1
Workout: Rest day :)

Good Morning

I decided today would be my rest day for the week :) MY GOD, after yesterday workout, I can barely move this morning. I stated with GS legs did 3 X set of squats with 60lbs bb I think that is what did me in, front and back lunges I used 40lbs bb blah...blah..

My entire weekend got interrupted. First, my oldest son Antwand called asked if I would take his girlfriend to work Saturday (had car accident but she’s good) she had to be at work at 8am all the way down town, I thought I was going to sleep in, so I got up at 4:30am (usual) started my workout around 5:30 took my bath and was out the door by 7 After I dropped her off had to go back to there places pick my son up he needed a car rental.

Sunday around noon my son David called asked if I would pick up his son Devin and take him home from his place, bc he decided to work overtime I had just finished my workout took a hot bath and was getting ready to do whatever, that turned out to be 4 hours of drama. And, all me wanted to do was stay in all weekend and enjoy, I tell ya

Anywho, Friday, we got out of class at 8pm, glad that’s behind.

Debra: Ooh la la la You guys had a romantic weekend, huh! that’s so sweet, I’m glad you had a wonderful time.

Hola!

Today's workout:

Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti - Prana yoga, Rhythmic Vinyasa 1, Dancing Warriors 2 & 4, Shoulder Openers, Backbend Prep.

Chest, Shoulders & Triceps

Ab Ripper X.

Alllll done. When I look at my progress with CST I notice that I haven't improved much in anything. Any gains I seemed to make in Round 2 were retracted today, as I refused to push my joints past the comfort zone. I feel confident that each and every rep was a quality rep. But wasn't I supposed to be seeing strength gains by now? Oh well. I've only got to do it one more time, then I can put it away forever if I want.

There's a song by Jack Johnston on the radio right now, and the first line always cracks me up: "If I had eyes on the back of my head, I would have told you that you looked good as you walked away." Any other JJ fans around here?

Jeanette....I doff my cap to you for doing those 12 miles yesterday, in the blowing snow. That doesn't sound pleasant. What's your fitness goal these days, now that you've halted Round 2? To focus on leg conditioning and weight loss?

Christiane....Oh I hope DH doesn't end up with a long-term injury. The jump-knee tuck and guitar hero are rather intense for sure. My personal anathema in that workout is the various jump-squat-turns. I hate those. When you say WW Yearbooks, are you referring to Weight Watchers? I don't recall seeing Yearbooks. I'll have to go to their website and see what I can find. We have a WW Center downtown, but I'm not likely to drive there any time soon.

Tracy....Is this the DS GF who's getting the stomach surgery, or the other son? I don't have any of the PowerStrikes, but if I decide to add to my collection, I'll give them a look. Right now I'm just waiting....and waiting.....and waiting for my Beachbody order. I agree that XStretch does just enough lower body/hamstring stretching to tease you into wanting more. YogaX, especially the static stretching in the last 30 mins, always leaves me feeling more noodle-ish. But regardless, XStretch feels good.

Traci....Hmmmm, there must be correlation between watching football and increased male libido, because my DH watched the playoff games and was feeling extra amorous this weekend, too. I think he was hoping frequent viewing of my boys in Ocean's 13 would help things along ;) Here's a question for you: does your house have a furnace? I ask because I have to tell you that my house does *not* have an air conditioner. It seems logical that houses in warmer climes correspondingly wouldn't have a furnace. I don't even own a heating blanket; no need. Outside of the comfort factor of having a warm house, if we didn't have a furnace, our water pipes would freeze and burst. Don't want that to happen! Er, I'm not that "old" of a dog yet, am I?? Everyone keeps telling me 37 is still young! I have a toddler! I'm still a student! I don't have a job! I refuse to grow up!!!

Nicole....How hard is that, to be engaged and keep it 100% mum for 3 months?? I don't think I'd trust someone who could do that LOL! Who knows what else I don't know about them?? Well, best wishes to the newlyweds.

Debra....The logical other circuit to use would be High Step Challenge; similar but different. Your Traci Rotation looks just up your aisle, and I'm sure you'll see great results with it. Your details about your trip have made me yearn for a weekend in Jasper. I might have to book one soon. Where are you going to eat breakfast? At Cracker Barrel? :) I *completely* agree with you about C Z-J!!! That was a primary reason I wasn't so thrilled with O-12. I don't care for Julia Roberts, either, but I can overlook her in O-11, because the rest of the movie is so good. She's not in that many scenes :) It's nice that neither of them is in O-13 :) :) Of the three O-12 was the one I liked the least. Will there be an O-14, I wonder?

Laurie....What is your jump rope workout like? I have a rope, and keep thinking I should concoct something. If only Cathe could come out with a video....:D .

Teddygirl....Nooooooooooooo!!!! I was led to believe that when these children got older, I'd no longer have to live my life around their schedule!! That's just not right that you had your weekend interrupted like that! Not right, I say!!! I hope they're super good to you on Mother's Day!!

Have a great day,
Sandra

Man I just re-read my post and saw so many typing errors. :D Forgive me everyone! :D

Sandra, I will be doing the 15 min. workout from Kathy Smiths Aerobox DVD. My basement is to low for my jr, and it is too cold to go out into the garage (usually do this in summer). I'm going to be doing this without the jr, and just use hand movements. I have not attempted a jr workout since the summer, so it is probably a good thing that I don't have anything to trip me. :D I do have an instructional video from ropesport that I have not tried yet. I may change my mind when I get to that point. :D

TG, Wow you did a lot of running around. Bet you couldn't wait to get home after all that. :) ^5 on the tough workout you had.

Laurie

Ok, I feel awful!!!!

I was so self absorbed yesterday I forgot to say,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEBRA!!!!!!!:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*

Pretend it was yesterday, ok:D

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Oh man, it was Debra's birthday yesterday? I feel bad toox( . I am so sorry Debra. Happy belated birthday!!!!!!

Lea

Strong, Free and Happy is done!

I do love Eoin's yoga. DH took the boys to school so I was all alone to do it. It felt so good to have peace and quiet while doing yoga:D

Ok, so on the incident at church for all the inquiring minds. I took the boys to Sunday School and was waiting for my BFF to get there because she was teaching for our friend Diana. My BFF comes walking in looking quite flustered and on her tail is another mom yelling at her for being late. My poor BFF looked so frazzled because this woman had been yelling at her the whole way from the other building to the classroom about her being late for her Bible class because there was nobody to take her kids. Well the reason my BFF had been late was because her son was sick at home with the fever but she had to have her husband stay with him because she promised to teach and that was why she was 3 minutes late. I kid you not, I wanted to box that other woman in the nose! She would have never said any of that to the other teacher but she thought she could pick on my BFF because my BFF is so sweet.

So back to the whole ordeal, the woman yells all the way through the room and leaves out the back door and all of the kids in the room are just staring wondering what is going on. I was so mad that my BFF and kids had to witness this womans tirade that I marched to Bible class to have a chat. Now I realize it's not the best place for a confrontation so I knelt down and quietly told her she should go and apologize to my BFF because she made her cry. This woman has the audacity to raise her voice to me in class! She yelled, "Go away, leave me alone, whatever, just go away!!" I was so shocked and angry that I started to cry. DH was up in the front row of class and he sees me crying and he is like, what the heck just happened? I was shaking so bad I couldn't even write down what happened. I'm sure our pastor knew something was up because I was very obviously crying and upset and I left 1/2 way through class.

I was so glad that when she went to pick up her kids that my BFF stood up to her and told her she could not talk to her that way. This woman told my BFF that she was going to talk to some people about this. I cannot believe this woman and I will not stoop to her level of gossip at church. If someone has a question about it they can ask me!

And there is my novella on the church incident:) As you can tell I'm still a bit ticked about it. By the way this woman is 45 so she should know better.

Christiane, Glad you made it through Plyo. That is a good one to build up your heart muscles. What did your DH think of it? Yes, I was so sad when my Chargers lost but at least they played the best they could with all of the injured players. Enjoy B&B and the dreaded ARX!

Tracy, I feel guilty because it's 43 here and I'm freezing! I think you have me beat by a mile! Hey, 43 is kind of close to freezing;) I am hoping the best for my friend but I know she has a hard road ahead of her. She actually told her ex-boyfriend 6 weeks ago to marry her or she would marry this other guy. I guess he should have bit the bullet. She had been with him for 8 years. Her family and I all loved him. Odd turn of events:(

Sandra, CST is a toughie! I always get DOMS in my chest with that one. You know what, it wasn't until the fourth time I did CST that I improved. I have really been slacking this round. I know last time I could do lots of push ups on my toes but this time I rarely even try:( I hope your joints fair well through the rest of the round.

Traci, LOL, I agree that men are expecting a reward at the end of their romancing:p I guess they deserve, after all romance is tough work for them. DH will sit and talk to me for a bit and then ask if we've made enough of an emotional connection for lovin' time:p Thanks for the hugs and good vibes. I hope yesterday will not be a reflection of this coming week.

Debra, Sorry you didn't sleep well last night but I know you'll make it a priority to take a nap today:) The rotation looks good, let me know if it feels good in a week. Hey, I know a couple of friends who could take up the extra space at the cabin;) It sounds lovely, I can't wait to see the pictures! How fun that you ran into an old friend. I bet that was a nice surprise! Do you like my drawn out story about the church incident?:p Love your dancing meez!

Laurie, I was feeling for you yesterday while watching the Green Bay game. it looked so cold and I knew all in Wisconsin were bummed to see them play badly. If it weren't for the defense I don't think it would have been such a close game. Sounds like the new assistant will work out much nicer than the last one. I would think the faire should be fun and not a chore! You need to post a picture of the little outfit, it sounds darling!

Jeanette, Glad you had a productive in and out trip to Reno. Sounds like you got out of the weather yesterday just in time. I was telling DH today about your Garage Boys and he said he wished he knew more guys that rode so he'd have company on cold days. He also mentioned the computer/tv program that simulates hills and outdoor riding but at $2,000 it's not in the budget:p Still enjoying straight 8's?

Latrese, What a weekend! I'm sure you feel a bit cut short in your me time. I hope all of your children were very appreciative and realize what a great mom they have!

Lea, I hope your DH is happy with yesterdays results:D I do hope NY wins even though I'm not a huge fan.

Hi Carol, Kim and Swifty!

Off to be a good wife:D

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Debra: Oh my goodness, I missed your birthday, so sorry. Happy Belated Birthday my friend, how old are you 25 :) You look it :)

Good morning,
Today's workout was a circuit so I did Low Impact Circuit. Great one for me. Also, it was my weigh day for Weight Watchers and I'm down 2# from last Monday. I'm enjoying WW so far and am putting more variety into my plan. I was just in such a rut.

Christiane, good job on PlyoX. You and your DH are doing great despite obstacles that would keep most other people from accomplishing a workout. How did your DH pull a muscle in his neck? When I first started with the Bowflex, I pulled some little muscles in my upper back/neck occasionally. Not any fun. That seems to be a weak area for me. What are the WW yearbooks? I need to find some new recipes, easy stuff as I don't like to spend much time cooking.

Tracy, wow, 7 degrees is cold. Not sure what it is here, haven't checked the thermometer yet, but it's still lightly snowing. Don't think this little storm yesterday was expected to bring this much snow. DH has the snowplow out this morning. It's a plow attached to my 4-wheeler. How was lunch with DS's GF? Do you think they will be getting back together? Is she still going thru with the surgery? Got an email from my friend last nightwho is one of the Garage Boys. He was letting me know that they would be doing a session this morning. Emailed him back to tell him, no, I wouldn't be there, but they would see me on Wednesday.

Traci, you and Wendell were cracking me up! Romance over for the weekend. Ah, they have alterior motives, don't they? You are right about the nookie. I still hold that men are the weaker sex. Glad you enjoyed that pampering. What are Wendell's goals with the workouts? WW weigh in was good today, 2# down. Love it. I need to look into more easy recipes to get even more variety in. I'm not worrying about eating clean at all. I mentally was feeling too deprived. This eating is making me much happier.

Nicole, I would feel very let down by my friend. Hope you are over the shock and not letting it bother you. I can't believe that lady at your church. Is she normally like that? I thought people were usually on their best behaviour for church stuff. Glad your BFF stood up to her at the end. LOL re: "enough of an emotional connection for lovin' time". At least he's honest about it! Yep, still loving the straight 8's. The day flies by at work. I asked the guy that provides the Garage Boys area (garage) if his wife complains about not getting to park her car in the garage and he said she doesn't. If it were me, I'd be wanting those bikes moved so I didn't have to clean the snow off of my car every morning. She's a better woman than I.

Debra, your trip sounds absolutely wonderful!!! Of course if DH and I went, we'd have to take our dogs. They go just about everywhere with us. Bet it was nice for you to see your friend from the earlier days. I had a good ride yesterday and didn't have to ride in the heavy snow, it was just starting to spit. I had a nice leisurely workout this morning. In fact, BIL showed up so I had to visit with him for a while before starting the abwork in LIC. Total length from start of workout to end was 2 1/2 hours. That's why I like to work out first thing in the morning, no interruptions. DH and BIL are off to work on some of our cars that need a little tinkering. BIL is really talented with troubleshooting stuff. I was a good grasshopper yesterday. I need to keep it up today.

Laurie, I know what you mean by warming up enough to snow. Glad the workshop went well. Are you looking forward to this season of faire activities? Do you have a new dress in mind? Will you be sewing it yourself? Sorry you don't have the holiday off. DH has it off with me, but his day off is unpaid.

Latrese, good workout for you yesterday. Sorry your plans of a nice quiet weekend to yourself didn't work out. Hate that when it happens.

Sandra, you had quite a workout today. The ride yesterday didn't have any snow until the very, very end of it and nothing that stuck on you. Before we even started, I knew I only wanted a short ride. Glad I stuck with that plan. Yep, I am hoping to get some weight loss. Seemed like nothing was working before, but I refuse to do marathon sessions of anything, unless it's long bike rides, but I don't consider that exercise for some reason. I do want to get these legs more conditioned. I am looking for some variety (circuits are great right now) and need to see that working out sensibly and eating sensibly will pay off. When I did the X last round, I was always trying to get more reps or up my weights on each workout. I don't seem to have that competitiveness this time. I'm done with Tony for a while. Guess that's why I haven't ordered STS yet because I'm afraid of pushing myself so much and then not wanting to do it again (dread factor). I very well may change my mind on this, but right now, I'm not jumping on the wagon.

Got to go now, take a shower, eat lunch and get on that housework. I've accomplished nothing this morning, except workout and post here. Oh well, then again, those are 2 of my favorite things :+

Jeanette

Hi all...back to check up on you guys! Thanks for all of the birthday wishes....I was feeling pretty young and spry over the weekend...but now just feeling back to my 41 year old self! Just got up from my nap, which was desperately needed and I have a load of laundry going...and I am headed up to exercise as soon as I do a quick post here. I will be doing MM just upper body. Traci has me doing legs like 10 times a week...some kind of torture, I am sure...LOL! Just kidding...really just twice with the circuit and the leg day...but then 3 days of yoga, so that can be pretty strenuous depending on which ones I do. She said I have to do hard ones, but you know what a task master she is.

personals.....

Nicole....
My goodness...lots of drama at church! I always wonder about people who yell at other people. I think you need to send her some vibes from Eoin..."Don't dwell, just gel"! Sorry your BFF was hurt by the incident, too. LOL about your DH making an 'emotional connection' just to get some nookie! What charlatans men are! I am glad you enjoyed your time with Eoin today without any boys running around...They have school today?? Everyone is off school here for the holiday.

Teddygirl....
Sounds like you had a busy weekend...I hate it when things like that happen when all you want to do is lay around! Thanks for the age compliment...my skin is looking every day of my 41 years today. Very dry and wrinkly. UGH.

I have to run...I am having some sort of issue with my computer. DD was playing on it before I took a nap...need to see what the heck she did...I'll bbl to finish up personals...

Kisses to all!

Debra

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Classic/ Week 3/ Day 7/ XStretch

Hope everyone is having a nice Monday! I have an extra day off work today as some weeks I work 3 days but mostly I work 4 day weeks. It was nice to sleep in an extra hour on a cold Monday morning. I did venture outside to drive kids to school as it is still extremely cold here so I took pity on them. I told them to walk home after school though as I hate the craziness with all the cars at 3:30. It's supposed to start to warm up by the end of the week so something to look forward to.

Tracy- I haven't previewed the upperbody workouts yet for phase 2 but I did do StretchX for the first time today. very nice workout, I really enjoyed it. That's sweet of you to go out with DS's girlfriend. Are the two of you close?

Nicole- I'm so sorry that you had such a rotten day yesterday. Noone should come home from church in tears, that lady obviously has problems, that's great that your BFF was able to stand up to her. I'm the type to avoid confrontation at any price. Hopefully your friend's new marriage doesn't come between you and her although I'm sure you're feeling rather hurt right now.

We did have fun at the hockey game, out team played great (and clean) and they won 5-2 against one of the top ranked teams. DS was super excited about it.

Jeanette- WTG on being down 2lbs !!Glad you were able to fit your bike ride in before the snow. I actually saw someone riding a bike here yesterday which was very weird. It was like -30 or 40 or something he was dressed in a parka, snow boots, toque, the whole bit and riding down the road. Very strange. That's a great price on the gels, I've used them in the past when running long runs.

Christiane- I'm glad PlyoX worked out okay for you, gives you another option for cardio. hopefully your DH's neck soreness is quickly gone.

Traci- I did get shopping. I ran to Chapters and they had their yoga stuff 30% off! I got a yoga block (I usually just grab a toy to use for certain exercises but last week I realized that grabbing a toy truck with wheels doesn't work well :eek: to lean on during half moons) and since they were on sale I bought a yoga mat. I used it this am for Stretch X and love it. I had a really old mat that slid around all the time.

Lea- I hope the chiro can help your back so you can get back into exercise soon!

Debra- I'm glad that you had such a good birthday weekend! That's so neat about running into an old coworker!

Laurie- Aww, the cowgirl outfit sounds so cute. What a nice auntie you are.

Sandra- I was reading about you question to Traci about the furnaces. We were in Edmonton 2 summers ago on holidays and were surprised to find no air conditioning in the town house we stayed at (and there was a heat wave going on) and talking with people we found that air conditioning isn't common in Edmonton. I was surprised as it's standard in Wpg.

Have a great day, Kim

Okay...back again...I think I fixed whatever the problem was...I just reboot the computer, but you know with a PC that takes a while!

back to personals....

Jeanette....
I am not sure if I have ever done LIC as produced. I guess I should someday, hunh? Glad it was an enjoyable workout for you. It was actually really nice not to have to worry about anything or anyone else over the weekend. I knew DD was in good hands with my mom and my pup was at the kennel playing with one of her best pup friends so all was good. No responsibility is just what I needed for a couple of days! I am sure your good grasshopper conscience will kick in soon and you will get all kinds of stuff done. I hope BIL can get the kinks worked out of your cars. Sounds like you are seeing some results from WW...Great! Sometimes I think we just need to be reminded how much and what we should be eating to keep ourselves on track. You crack me up that cycling isn't 'exercise' to you....Silly woman!

Lea...
Glad to see you flying through...Sorry your team lost last night...I really expected the Packers to pull it out...Would have been really nice for Farve. Oh well, what can you do?? It was certainly nasty cold there last night! I can't imagine playing in those conditions.

Sandra...
I know I should use HSC, but it is not one of my favorites...and since Traci is making me do the same workouts for 6 weeks, I want to make sure I really like the one I chose. I am trying to keep my workouts to around an hour since I have my class now...for some reason I feel more rushed to get my workouts completed. I don't really know why, it isn't that much more time. I will look at some other premixes on LIC and BM2 and see if they will get me what I want in around an hour. We ended up at IHOP for breakfast...we don't have a Cracker Barrel here in town, and I had another errand to run here. I am sure IHOP was not the healthiest of choices, but it is where DD wanted to go, and I was not up to any arguments and pouting this morning. You don't like Julia Roberts??? I actually REALLY like her...but if I never saw C Z-J again it would be too soon. There are movies I would like to watch, but don't simply because she is in them. Why do I hate her so?? I don't know....I think she just acts so superior to the rest of us. What about JR, why don't you like her? I actually really liked the whole thing in O11 with her playing herself...I got a real hoot out of that. And, yes, my dear, 37 is young. You just keep clinging to all of those things....toddlers, school, no job! What is starting to bother me is that stars that my parents really liked are starting to die off....Now, that makes me feel old. And when I listen to the 70's station and I know all the words to the songs. What is it about football, guys, and sex?? You must do some sort of study about that once you finish your dissertation.

Laurie...
You have to work today?? Bummer! Are your girls out of school? You are so talented with a sewing machine...I am very impressed. I bet the cowgirl outfit was very cute. Glad the faire meeting went well...It sounds like you guys had a lot of in fighting last year. I am sure it will be good to get some new blood in there. I was pulling for the Packers last night too...UGH. I really wish Farve had gone out with a HUGE bang.

Okay...caught up again...I guess I have no more excuses not to up up and push play! I am off to the trenches!

Debra

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Good evening ladies, at least for me it is. WOW it's windy as I am writing to you. Which means I will have trouble sleeping as we live on the top floor of the building and we have a metal roof which makes so much noise. I didn't sleep good last night, took a non-decaf coffe at 9pm. I should know better...
I had a good workout today with B&B and upped my weight for all the back exercises with the Bowflex. I also upped some bicep ones and made note to up the one arm row. I substituted ARX with a short Stott Pilates that targets the abs but also gave me an extra stretch as my back was a little sore. First time I cheat Tony by not doing AbX. For all of you that asked me about WW yearbook, yes they are indeed from Weight Watcher and I got them initially from one of those book publishing companies (can't remember which) and then bought other from the center. I haven't checked their site to see if they still offer them. Almost 100% of my diner recipees come from these books. I have 2 here and 3 in MI. I also have 2 Cooking Light yearbook but I don't like the way they're done as it's not by category, too complicated. Unless I plan to use a cookbook for entertaining (where I don't count calories) I buy strictly book with nutritional values in.

Tracy~~ Well it seems I am not alone for the jump tuck exercise. Like you I can jump as high as I want using one leg, but not 2 at the same time. It's a combination of the lower back and quite frankly I feel I would end up on my nose :p

Sandra~~ I am with you for CST. It is THE ONE that tool me down, although in retrospect it was the push-up which of course I'll have plenty of when I begin Phase 3 with both CB and CST.

TracyX~~ You crank me up with your romance novel... lol :+ Yep! you give them plenty of cooozies and they want more... doesn't change with age either;-) When I travel from the US-LUX, I take a sleeping pill, usually doesn't eat the food and try to go to sleep as quickly as possible, or as much as one can sleep on a plane with babies crying. I have a good pair of Bose which for me are an investment. When I get here, we usually do a w/o to keep us awake and try to go about the normal EU time schedule. When I go back to the US, no sleeping pill, no sleeping and again go about my new time zone. It may take a day or 2 to really be back 100%.

Nicole~~ Well at least you got some explanation about your friend's behavior. I hope her relashionship will last and she got married for all the right reasons.

Debra~~ HAPPY B-DAY TO YOU......:+ :+ :+ The whole weekend sounded wonderful. How romantic. German lessons are going well. I take private classes with BErlitz when I am in MI and with a tutor (and 2 other ladies) when I am here. It's just hard as it is 2 different methods but I am progressing. WOW it sounds like a great leg w/o you had there. No wonder you are toasted.

Laurie~~ Pizza for diner HUH!;( ;( It's been a while since we had some. It's so cute for your niece, what a great aunt you are. I can just picture a cute little 4 y/old in that little pink costume. Gosh I can't wait to have grandchildren...;-)

Sandra~~ Well quite a w/o today. How long did it take you?

Nicole~~ So sad about the church incident. Some people have just no decency. It seems like she likes the sound of her own voice and likes to show other people how intimidating she can be. Probably have low self-esteem herself. As for DH he has this love/hate relationship with PlyoX.

Jeanette~~ I love LIC. In fact because of my lower back problems, I usually enjoy most Cathe's low impact w/o but I have so many that are not. I just try to modify and keep as much of the intensity while lowering the impact.

To all the girls I have missed, hugs.... and "see" you tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.