Xers Making It Work Wednesday

6Swans4me

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies!

Early to bed, early to rise... means my throat is just as sore as my body.

Yeah, it doesn't rhyme.

Gotta open a window for personals.

Ballistic Hugs,
Wendy

I'm glad it's yoga day. I'm coughing up post nasal drip... Nasty!

Nice to know I'm not alone in my John Travolta fantasies. I can understand y'all not sharing my Tony Snow, Tom Brokaw and Anthony Bourdain desires. I'm not a total freak. It's not like I'm swooning at Micheal Jackson! EWWWWW!!!!!

I bought a cute pair of platform heels to go with an outfit I got awhile ago... a graphic yellow/gray/white blouse with a size 00 pencil skirt. Before you think I've shriveled up into nothing, the material has some stretch to it and the brand must run big!!! If designers keep this up, I'll be shopping in the little girls section soon!!! x(

Here's the heels:
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/35104653/c/3222.html

It's freezing rain here. I wonder if dh will go to work today.

Nicole: HUGS! Honey, I'm so sorry you had such a stressful day yesterday. It's tough not to mourn when someone we thought was close and honest lets us down. It didn't help that you found this out during an already edgy shower. Maybe it's time to distance yourself from these people and focus on you and your immediate family. You can still be friendly, but you don't owe this person your private confidences anymore. Over time, maybe this relationship will strengthen. HUGS!!!!

Netta: Glad you are making this rotation work for you. Cutting back on the cardio should hopefully do wonders for your body. I have to say drinking lots of water and oil massages helped me keep the swelling and dry skin under control. Each time before and after I flew, I got a massage. On the home front, it was Phil who gave me a full body rub. (YES, I LOVE him!!!) The day I landed and the day before I left, I was able to afford to pay for them.:7 On my first trip, I didn't get them before flying. Yoga, the day after I landed, helped, but not like the massages. Another thing... Stay away from the dressing rooms if you go shopping! Or, do NOT look at the back of your thighs if you must try something on! The lighting in those rooms DO make your bumps appear more vividly than they are in real light. x(

Debra: I'm there!!! Let me know if I can help you in any way. I'll try to shot you an email before the day is over. Thanks for the password. My, you are fast!!! You act like I was all up your back waiting.:7 ;) Good for you getting your workout in yesterday. It sounds like a killer leg day. Can you walk? Please warn me if I ever sound over ambitious. A lot of times, I don't realize it until I'm in the midst of chaos. The roads were fine for our shopping excursion. They got worse once the snow turned into freezing rain. I'm not sure when that happened as I fell asleep once I finished making dinner. I didn't even eat a bite of the lasagna I baked. Too wiped out. Maybe, I'll have some for breakfast.

Tracy: Glad you were feeling good enough to push play yesterday. I haven't a clue about knowing the big or small picture of how a body works. I'm just going with the flow, doing what I can these days. I haven't been able to hear much about you since I've been back. How's your legs these days? Were you able to whittle away any more body fat during the holidays?

Traci: What a mom am I? Let's see... No baking goodies! I bought processed treats. I did bake lasagna though. However, it was frozen... not cooking involved.}( :7 :+ There goes my Mother of the Year award. Anyhow, Sandra gets that title if she continues to not lose her children!:+ I love the look of pumped up bis. Mine are too weak. My triceps take over and are pre-exhausted by the time I get around to focusing on them. It's a sad truth. OMW! You have me literally LOL with the "He can suck it up" attitude!!!:7 :7 :7 Does he have a choice? LOLOLOLOL

I've got to get something in my stomach. This vanilla chai tea isn't sitting right. BBL to continue personals.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Hi all,

Today will be B&B and that will finish up the last week of phase 2 for me. I'm going to count these couple of days off as part of my recovery week, and so I'll start phase 3 about a week from today.

Wendy - Cute shoes.... I'll never fit into a pencil skirt of any size because of my rear:) Oh well, I rarely wear dresses or skirts anyways. Sorry you are not feeling well. I just have the coughing remains from the flu or whatever it was I had. It was icy here last night and now it has turned to just nasty cold rain. What a yucky winter we have had.

Nicole - Your troubles are never ending! I'm so sorry. I'm assuming from your posts that DH has eased up a little?

I've got to go to work. Hi to everyone.

Tracy

Good morning,

I think I'm doing Drill Max today. I was going to do BG, but think I'll do that tomorrow. The babysitter's coming over from 8:30-11:30 today, and I need to grocery shop this afternoon, so I'm not sure when I'll be back for more chat. DD does indeed have an ear infection. She's on antibiotics, but last night was still another night of many sleep interruptions. Ugh. Thank heavens my other DD is older, and a great sleeper.

Wendy....tea??? What's happened to you? Where's the DD coffee?

Cheers,
Sandra

Morning Happy Gals!:)

I booked my retreat today as the cost of ticket was HALF that showing a month ago..... tsk tsk tsk- buyers beware!:*

Biceps nice & toasty....Legs STILL toasty- since Feb 6th actually;-)

Today is.......Chest - was thinking Kenpo+ but that debateable as that means cardio 2 dasy in a row:eek: HORRORS:eek:

This "week" I'm using Slo-Mo + PUB Exercises starting w/ heaviest weightload going to failure (2-4 reps if I pick right) then down the pyramod chain BUT going to failure each time.... This works better for me as a pyramid only because working to failure is critically important to make gains + some days I am stronger than others & thus can lift heavier for more reps.... I think doing "to failure" is more conducive to what I need....

Exercise Topic of the Day:
Hey Guys...Throwing this out there..... Have read a couple of times now (traners to the stars type of people).... We should work our "backside" muscles 2ce as hard (often) as the front side....
Calves, Hams, Glutes, lower Back, Upper back (back of shoulder) , Triceps -VS- Chest, Shoulder Tops & sides, biceps, Quads
The reasoning being that our bodies naturally get worked in daily life in the "front" muscles & to create a stronger body foundation + achieve a pleasing look we must put more attention to the "back" muscles......Suggestions are to do more sets in that area and / or extra day a week devoted to them. ~ When I look at my body I cant help but think it would actually be a good thing as I age to strengthen those "back" muscles....

Wendy
I like Tom Brokaw too!!!! I LOVED Peter Jennings.... I always fantasized about the pillow talk! NICE choices for your new outfit...was there an occasion I'm forgetting???? ~~ ROF on Mom of Year!! I think if you are smart enough to "fake" all the Martha Stewart stuff you deserve it!!!!

NICOLE
For what its worth- {{{{{huggers}}}} - Just a couple things to think on regarding your stress cycle lately & your friends.... Ya know.... I think our brains/lives get into "cycles" & if we dont have a plan we can stay in whatever "zone" is going on. I call it "Riding The Wave of Life" ~ When life is going well we tend to ride that wave until we smack into a "life wall" (crisis) then we are out of the natural flow- same thing happens during bad times...(think my bad December Karma).... It seems to me that you have been in such a stressed state for so long that you are simply attracting more & more of the same... I think you need to SMACK yourself against a giant wall of happiness, joy & laughter!!! ~ Find something that brings you total joy- go emerge yourself in that activity (not exercise!) for a half day or a full day- dont allow your brain to think of all the stress- when it goes "to that negativity" simply yell (outloud) STOP! Then replace the thought with the feeling of peace & well being & joy.....The body & life always follows the mind..~~~.. On your friends.... Perhaps it would do you well to think of ALL people in your life as temporary gifts.... Some people stay forever w/ you & some were just there for a short time....Friendships/relationships are not "forevers" to me.... I believe when people come & go its because the "greater plan" is in motion. Nothing- not people & not things are FOREVER..Its a dynamic, ever changing planet....FOREVER usually is a form of death in many cultures... Perhaps re-thinking some of this will help you ease your emotions, thus your vibrations thus your current "wave"...grieving loss is good but anger & pity is not..... I'm not saying you are angry & full of self pity - only you know what your emotions are~ but I do think the gift of life & all its constant change lies ONLY in how we choose to view life overall. Just my thoughts..... {{{{{{{huggers}}}}}}

Jeanette
I am so excited for your "pamper" day!!! I had to laugh as I see how much $$$ is spent on pampering all those show dogs & yet some of us feel guilty for taking a regular schedule of pamper days! HA IRONIC isnt it???~~ ENJOY your yoga time! Like visiting w/ old friends for ya!

DEBRA
Thank you SO much for being our hostess!!!! What a sweatheart you are! I cant wait!!!! ~~ Can YOUR mom cook for us????:7 }( :7 }( I LOVE southern cooking so much....heck- who am I cooking- I just LOVE food! ;-) Happy V-Day cooking!!!! I cant wait to see what DH literall cooks up! I sent him a Food Network link yesterday to "easy V-day dinners" :+

TRACY
Well if ya did TONe then a) you are feeling much better OR b) its not really as challenging as all you xers profess!:p Happy you are feeling better.... YES I agree that cario all clumped together is just another way to get the body guessing again...I think what all the OH! was about is more "Why didnt WE think of that!" I think its funny how some little thing like that is just never thought of.... :7 Enjoy wrapping up PHASE 2~

SANDRA
I do hope DD makes a MIRACULOUS recovery today.... Enjoy punding out all your fatigue (can you actually do that!?) w/ DMax...An absolute favorite of mine- except for warmup- why do I detest that warmup???}( :7

Gotta run.....:*

I'm up again... Woke up dh... He's late for work... a Fluidity commercial just so happened to be on the channel dh feel asleep watching, laid down , watched some Fluidity, and fell asleep!!! I've got to stop slipping into naps so easily. It's messing with my head and throat.

I'm waiting for dd to assemble the X-box. I know I'm supposed to do some cardio before yoga today. That's not going to happen! I'm going to do some Fluidity before Eoin instead. Traci: The Fluidity chick mentioned the same thing about the back... Well, she didn't say that we should work the back twice as much as the front of the body... She did say that dancers work their back sides of their bodies more than the front (quads, chest, abs). She's also into compound moves more than isolated moves where you focus just on one body part. She says that makes you bulky. Whatever. I always get inspired to pull that monstrosity out when I see the commercial.:7

Okay, gotta get dd to hook up the X-Box.

Sandra: Where you been?!?! Thailand's strong coffee messed my taste buds all up!!! I tell you it was worth the cost of the airplane ticket. I'm saving ~$28 a week!!! I don't enjoy DDCoffee as much anymore. I've been reduced to a cup of instant coffee with coffee-mate a day or tea.

Okay, I've really got to go before I lose my motivation. I'll be back for more personals later.

Ballistic Hugs!!!
Wendy

Hi there. Just finished up with Eion. It felt good after tweaking my back a little from the dern abs yesterday. Silly me. I watched a video on You Tube of these people doing Ashtanga Yoga. They were so graceful. Instead of plopping back into pushup position, they were so in control that I don't think they even made a sound. I want to be like that!

Tomorrow is either Bryan Kest or walking and yoga abs. Hmmmm...I will see. I do have a question for anyone who knows. Do you think it is safe to do floorwork legs like GS Legs floorwork or is that still too hard on the back? I hear that I am suppose to build up my hamstring strength to protect the back also.

I like Wendy woke up with a sore throat and hope it passes really soon.

Time to make some coffee. I will try to be back later for some of them personals.

Lea

Slow & Heavy/week 4/day 3
Workout: S&H C&B + Coremax

Good morning guys,

Yowza I can barely type, had a excellent upper body workout this morning;) I’m getting stronger. I have a doctor appointment this afternoon depending on the weather if I will be returning back to work, most likely not:7 :7

What are you guys buying your man for Valentine's Day. I brought Ted a bottle of cologne and getting him a small box of chocolates or flowers I haven’t decided between the two.

Wendy: Love them shoes, they are sharp. I would buy them too. Enjoy your workout

I’m going to make this tonight, looks yummy.

Corn, Okra, and Tomato Stew Serves: 4
An easy stew in just 3 steps!

INGREDIENTS
low fat cooking spray
1-1/2 cups frozen sliced okra
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1 (14.5oz.) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
1. Spray a large saucepan with low fat cooking spray.
2. Add okra, corn, tomatoes and basil then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until okra is tender.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.

NUTRITION INFO
Calories: 81
Fat: 0.6 g
Carbohydrates: 19 g
Protein: 3.5 g

Good morning,
Today was Bryan Kest's Intensive Body Sculpting Yoga. Tonite will be a Garage Boys session. Will also try to get away from my desk this afternoon and take a quick walk.

Nicole, so sorry about your hectic day and then getting upset at the shower. I think I'd distance myself from those friends for a while. Who needs them? Sound like a catty bunch to me.

Wendy, so sorry about the sore throat. I hate post nasal drip. Goes on forever and ever when I get a cold. Seems to be the thing for the past several months around here. As of Monday afternoon when I left work, they were going to lock down 1/2 of the prison due to an outbreak of influenza amongst the inmates. I'll find out today what's up. The shoes look oh so cute! I couldn't squeeze a 00 skirt past my knees I think. Bet it's cute on you. I fall asleep easy while previewing. Ms. Sandra says that wouldn't happen if I were actually on my feet and going thru the steps.

Tracy, don't you just hate a lingering cough? The worst is a coughing fit during a meeting.

Traci, I think you are so right on the back work. I find myself hunching more and more, at my desk and walking. I have to consciously tell myself to stand up straight and pull my shoulders back. Great words spoken for Nicole, but also for us too. I'm a big believer in that you make your own happiness. We wake up and choose to be happy or not. I personally try to surround myself with positive friends and activities. Makes a huge, huge difference. Thanks for the reminder on the pampering. I need to put some softening stuff on my feet today to help get rid of those callouses. Can't have the massage lady rubbing those nasty things. I also read somewhere last night (must go back and look it up again), where too little of calories will cause the body to retain fluids, slow the stomach down, etc. Could be the case for my water retention issues. I'm definitely eating my activity points now. I may go higher too. Got to jump start this tortoise like metabolism. Funny how much energy I have for so few calories.

Sandra, enjoy Drill Max. I hate the part where you hold the stability ball and go side to side while hopping around. I use a smaller, weighted ball instead.

Lea, glad you enjoyed your yoga. Hope the back feels better. I've never had a bad back so can't tell you if the floorwork would bother it or not. Bet you'll get some advice from those more educated and experienced than myself.

Latrese, great workout this morning. You must build muscle easily. The soup sounds good, except for the okra. I've only had it a few times but it seemed a little slimy to me. No meat for the soup?

Got to run,

Jeanette

Waiting for breakfast to digest a bit before doing weights.....I guess I'll wait with YOU!:)

WENDY:*
Funny about the infomericials...I get that way when I see an X one! Interesting that now many of us are recalling this "work backside" concept .... On the core- the things I've read say its fine to work core every other day- best results seem to come tho from changing the type of core work....Floor / standing/ Cardio Core....no surprise there tho- I'd imagine if a long lean look (Fluidity) is the goal you'd have no need other than health to "work abs"...

LEA
Oh I KNOW those regular Yogi folks are so inspirational! i always marvel at the back muscles & wonder if REALLY all they do is yoga like so many say.... On the floorwork.... I'm not sure... I'd say if you DID try it tho- skip all leg weights for a bit .... not sure if some of the positions would be too chancy.... Maybe Tracy will know & others with back issues. ~ :* Hope that throat feels better soon!:*

TEDDYGIRL
So great you are able to always push yourself on the weights... I LOVE that you know immediately how to handle your leg bulk when it happens- smart training. :* Very thoughtful V-Day gifts for Ted....I wonder what he'll surprise YOU with??? I always vote chocolate over flowers.... }(

JEANETTE
GREAT workout!!! Hope you felt like it was good overall body. Cant wait to hear how the GB's feel about CC's!!! Wear a gas mask into the prison today!!! That sounds scary! I laughed about the feet/massage.... I always keep my socks on - my feet are eternally frozen - the massage gals laugh at me. ~ Interesting about the low calorie/ retention.... I cant say I know for sure- seems accurate enough - all I do know is the body will definietly hang onto existing fat if deprived good fats, calcium etc..... Glad you're eating more- more of clean that is!;-) :* Funny about the SLIMY! People in south say- to get rid of the slime ya just deep fry it silly! :7

ALl caught up again..... shout out to Christiane & her DD.... hoping all is starting to settle.

Jeanette: Maybe I missed this before BUT……… what the heck is Garage Boy. It kills me when you say that, always leaving me like um…duh……Hope you get your walk in.

Tracie: More than likely Ted will give me cash:9 I hope so, let me buy my own stuff :9 :+ Really tho, he keep looking on my dresser looking at the name of my perfumes, okay……………Who knows what that man will come up with. Xmas he brought me a DB stand, too put my weights on I guess he got tired of them being on the floor.

Fluidity Done! I even broke out in a sweat working my hammies. Eoin's Magical Hips 2/3 completed. I started getting icy cold. Didn't want the nose to start running again. Thought I could do Daily Dose of Bliss upstairs tonight if I feel better. Phil should like previewing the red thong.;)

Tracy, Traci, Sandra: I must be losing it. I swear someone else from our check-in did the Circuit City Rotation. I'll have to go back and see what happened. Maybe, it was Cheryl? Now, I'm just picking straws!:p :7

Traci: What a sweet post to Nicole. Friends are temporary gifts. However, I can't imagine not having y'all in my life. If this check-in were ever to vanish, I'll always wonder what you ladies are up to in life. Funny thing about Fluidity, they go through each large muscle group, including abs. Other than the standing leg work and stretching after each large muscle worked, there's really nothing special about it. Nonetheless, it's a nice add-on. I don't think Fluidity chick is saying to drop ab work. I think she's saying to focus more on the back. You know, my first 4 weeks in Thailand, we sat on the floor. That's what happens when the only furniture is a bamboo mat. Anyhow, I noticed a lot of slouching. Most of the Thais I met seem to put the weight on in the stomach area. Their abs aren't worked as much... hence the reason I think most prefer squat toilets. I had to make a concious effort to tighten my abs to sit up straight.

Lea: Where and how did you paste that adorable heart in your posts? I just did GSLegs the other day. From what I remember, you only use bands for the floorwork portion. For some reason I remember doing supermans. I would skip those if you're having back problems. It is inspirational watching advanced yogi flow into different positions. One day, we'll get there. At least, that's what I tell myself. Interesting about Barons thoughts on 90+ minutes of yoga. I have to wonder if he's thinking that's how long it takes for a person to achieve that woosie, blood rushing from the head feeling AKA bliss. Hmmm... I go to a Baron affiliated studio. They offer a power hour class during the day. It's faster paced than the other 90 minute classes, but not as tough. The yoga studio is hosting a special class with Byran Kest for only $300.00. If I didn't have to listen to Byran yak about life for an hour and a half, I'd consider registering. Hope your throat feels better with the hot liquids. This vanilla chai tea is helping soothe mine.

Jeanette: Do you realize I called you Netta today? LOL Sorry! I just start typing and no telling what happens. My mind goes faster than my fingers. I skip words and make up words. In real life, I do use appropriate grammar for the most part.:D Bring some disinfectant with you to work today!!! Yes, Traci's advice will work too!!! Just make sure another guard has your back if you decide to wear it.:) I don't think cute is the adjective Phil would use to describe my pencil skirt. He was with me when I bought it. I tried it on and had reservations about buying it. It just seemed too hoish. So, I asked Phil if it was too tight. After he inserted his eyeballs back into his head, he demanded I buy it and wear it while cleaning the house. LOLOLOLOL

Debra: Are you saying I'm too catty to be a cheerleader? Hmmm?}(

Teddygirl: I didn't spend near as much for my shoes as listed on Zappos! Macys had them regularly priced for $22.00 less. I should have waited until this weekend to buy them. Presidents Day sales are always the best time to shop!!! Phil's getting dinner made by me in those heels and pencil skirt!}( ;)Seriously, I thought of buying Phil an espresso machine. But, they are so expensive!!! And, I don't know enough about them to make an informative choice. I need to research them before I go looking and buying. I might take the girls out tonight and have them get him something. Enjoy the stew! Sounds yummy!!!

Sandra: Silly woman. Is the cough syrup messing with you? I'm not at all offended by your LIC taunts.:7 I'd be teasing you if LIC kicked your bootay too!!!:p }( I hope the antibiotics kicks in real soon. Kids are resilient! She'll be bouncing off the walls before you can catch back up on your lost sleep. How was DM today? Did the cough medicine help you rev things up? BTW, which cough medicine would I take? I always seem to take the wrong one, and end up feeling worse.

Tracy: WooHoo! Only one more phase of the X and you'll be a XX!!! Can't fit into a pencil skirt. Really? I always pictured you to be so ruler thin. To be honest, I shouldn't be wearing a pencil skirt either because of my butt!:7

Well, the day is almost half-way over. Got so much to do. Hi to all I haven't chatted with yet... Laurie, Amy-X, Carol, Kim and Christiane.

Talk more later!
Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!
Wendy

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 3/Week 10/Day 5
Workout: Legs & Back (1/2 done) / B&G Abs / 1.5m Run (done)

Want to get more running in now that we just might be getting spring in a month or so. The TV station this morning said 5 more weeks of winter. x( So we should be into our first week of spring by the time the retreat is here. :7

Had to wear my sunglasses to work this morning. :D It was only 3 degrees, but dang it was nice to see the sun. :D

Wendy, Those shoes are really cute. I don't know of any anchor man that I think is good looking. I always thought Tom Brokaw voice was annoying. :D :D Guess that is just me. There is a guy on our local news channel that is really good looking though.

Tracy, I only have B&B one more time. Seems this round is going a little slower than the second. :D Maybe getting a rotation of the plus will help.

Traci, Is that why P90X has two back days? And probably why people see so much improvement in their backs doing them two days. But again one of those workouts is all pull-ups. Does that sending your DH to the FoodTV web page work? I don't think DH has made me a dinner since we where dating. I don't count steaks on the grill. :7 Yes the Oxygen Fat Loss is a special edition. I will take a look at it and report back if it isn't a lengthy thing. I had to laugh at one of the articles in it. They had running on a treadmill burning 1004 calories for 1 hour. So I look at it closer. They had you running at 7rpm and 10% incline. WHAT!!! :7

Sandra, Now that the antibotics are getting into DD's system, you should have better nights in the future. Both of my DD's had tubes put in their ears, so lots of trips to the doctors office. And lot's of pink medicine. :D I remember once having a white med, when youngest was older. Have a great time with DM today. HMS on ice seems to have been a good show. Of course my oldest DD came home and was nice enough to the youngest by saying she didn't miss much. She took some pics for the youngest to see, and even took a pic of her seat. :7

Lea, Eion visited you today! ;-) I like when these men visit me too. My sore throat was only a one day thing, hope that it is the same for you. LOL about the Hannah Montana & HSM. I have a friend who has boys, and the Pokeman & Power Rangers made me crazy by the end of the day. :7 Guess it is what you get used to isn't it. I have to wonder what the brandy infused cherries will do too. Probably nothing. :7 :7 Maybe a thank you if they are good. :7

TG, I am going to keep that recipe. I love okra (but am the only one in the house that does). It looks like this one is quick to make too. I am making DH some Cordial Cherries for Valentines Day.

Jeanette, You need to start your post as if Bryan came to visit you like Lea does. :D Nope we don't get to have the studded tires around here. Our roads get ripped up enough as it is. Some of the pot holes around here are getting as big as a car. :7 :7 We don't have any big hills that we need to get up so that is another reason. The garage boys should have fun with the CC's for a change of pace. Maybe they would like the one that Candice does. ;-) They had the beagle from the dog show on TV this morning. We always like watching those shows, just to see the different breeds of dogs.

Debra, My youngest did her Valentines also. Actually she did them before I could even ask her if she needed help. Only one more year for her to do them, and then I don't have to buy those anymore. I don't know if I should be sad or happy about that. :) Hips where feel good after yesterday. And another thank you on being a hostess for the retreat.

Nicole, I agree with everyone, just take yourself away from that sphere of people for a while. A new day today, and we can start looking forward to the retreat. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi there precious friends!! Hope all is well in your workout worlds today! It is cold and rainy here...I am hoping that it clears a bit by this afternoon....I hate taking out the trash in the rain!! I still haven't decided what workout to do today...It will either be kickboxing or PP upper x 3. We'll see when I head up those stairs. I am feeling a little scratchy in the throat today too....I hope you guys didn't give me any cyber germs...I have to play with the urchins tomorrow! CBL brought me his homemade chicken and dumplins last night for dinner...what sweetie! I will be cooking something less fattening for V-day, though...fish and roasted veggies. My mom is coming over this afternoon to do Valentine's with DD. I am feeling pretty darn caught up this week for some reason....I still need to pay bills, but other than that, nothing much going on. I will probably go ahead and start studying for my upcoming test so that I can remain the star pupil...LOL!

brief personals......

Wendy....
I am so glad you will be coming on the retreat....Are you planning on driving or flying?? Maybe I can introduce you to my homeschooling (no schooling) neighbors and you can give them a good talking to! So glad you found the perfect shoes for your outfit! What size shoes do you wear?? Maybe we could share! Hope you got some of that lasagna for breakfast this morning. That is certainly sounding good...maybe I will make some this weekend...yummo! Have fun with yoga today. It does a body good! Oh...Now I see you did Fluidity....and no, I don't think you are too catty to be a cheerleader...I just figured you wouldn't deal well with the cattiness of the rest of the team! It sounds like Phil is a nasty, nasty man...wanting you to clean house in your beautiful skirt...Next he'll be wanting you to do it naked...LOL!

Traci....
Got your email...I love all of the things you wrote for Nicole....I think all of us should keep that in mind...I tend to have good years and bad years...My waves last a long time I guess....LOL! Once I get everything settled with XDH this year will definitely be a good one since last year was so sh**ty! As far as working the back muscles go...I think that is probably rights...I know my back muscles especially (not so much my hamstrings and calves) need more work than I give them....my glutes too, probably....I think it is harder to design a rotation, though, keeping that in mind which is why we don't do a good job in general of working those muscles more. Although I will say my of my weaker areas are bis and chest. I am obviously just rambling along and making no sense at all...so feel free to disregard my meanderings....lol.

Sandra....CatheCat...
Hope you get lots of work done this morning...as well as have an enjoyable workout. Poor DD....hope the antibiotics kick in soon....for all of your sakes!!

Lea...
Gotta love that Eoin! Dang the scratchy throat...those darn germy kids...LOL!

Teddygirl...
I love your recipe!! I am a huge fan of okra...I will definitely print it off and use it...thanks. I thought about you yesterday....Are you working the democratic primaries next week?? I got CBL a Carolina track suit he has been wanting for V-day...although I don't think it is going to get here until next week...oh well, it is the thought that counts, right?? Glad you are feeling the love for SH!

Tracy...
I already feel your forearm burn!

Jeanette...
Hope you enjoyed Bryan this morning. I promise, if you add yoga in one or 2 days a week you will see some really positive changes...I am amazed at how much more flexible I have become over the past 6 months or so....CBL comments on it frequently...LOL! Have fun with the Boys tonight...which CC are you taking? Did you see the beagle win last night? What a great dog...he was so excited!! My cat comes and sits outside the shower every time I get in and howls until I get out so that she can get in and lap up the extra water...Keep in mind, it is not like I don't always have fresh water down for her...Crazy cat. I am sure she will do the same to you while you are here. Sometimes she gets in before I turn on the shower in wild anticipation that the water is already there...she doesn't like it much when I turn it on and she gets wet...LOL. If okra is done right, then it isn't slimy...but usually it has to be fresh to have it cooked completely right...and I know no where to get fresh okra except in the South....By the time it shipped to other places it is always brown and yucky.

Nicole...
Dear girl, you definitely need a weekend away from all of your troubles. It sounds like you may need some time away from those friends too...They don't sound like the nicest of folks. I am sorry your feelings were so hurt. {{{{{{{Extra Hugs}}}}}}} to you today.

Okay...I think I am caught up for now...Hope everyone who is sick is taking it as easy as possible...and for the rest of you...Get up and get to work!!! LOL! Back this evening to check on you all! Oh...and for those of you who didn't look back to yesterday's thread, I posted a retreat alert, so please go back and read it if you haven't already....Thanks!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Interval X

I'm getting ready to start my workout and I'll be glad when it's over. I didn't sleep well last night and so my motivation is lacking.

I woke up to an e-mail from LTF and she is canceling the reception because she has been hurt to much. WHAT!!! Poor little her, not! I'm so done and actually glad I don't have to attend the reception. The only hitch with this whole mess is that she's my ticket to Greensboro. DH said he would buy me a full price ticket so I wouldn't have to deal with her anymore. The good news is that I can get a full price ticket for just $125 more than the buddy pass and it's a small price to pay for a happy spirit.

DH and I also had a very productive talk in the middle of the night about how he constantly treats me. I think we got a lot figured and and I laid out some ground rules. He noticed I wasn't to happy with him this week. I hope it's enough that next time I can call him out right away. Maybe the cycle will finally end:)

Traci, You said just what I needed to hear. I was so discouraged again this morning because I was talking to LTF mother and she is heartbroken over the whole mess. I was ready to sink into that place again and your post snapped me out of it. I will strive to be happy and I felt just like you said, I need to do something that will make me happy again. I am usually quite a happy person so all of this stress is making me frustrated. You are such a great friend and encourager, thank you:*

You all have been so patient with all of this drama that I'm going through and I know you have enough of your own to deal with. I can't wait to give you all big {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}} in April!

I'll be back to chat in a bit,

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368_1199393270649.gif
[/url]

Debra: Nice VD gift. Yes I am working the Presidential Election March 4th what can I say need the extra $$. I love Okra too haven’t had it in awhile, this soup is so easy too make, loving that part. Have a great day.

Laurie: Nice workout. Let me know how your soup turn out. I’m trying to figure out beside corn what else I can use, not a huge corn fan. I'll come up with something, perharps add some meat, a thought

Wendy: Espresso Machine, how nice hubby would love that. Our Macy’s at Randall Ghetto Mallx( is going out of business, didn’t lasts a year. I ended up there last week I got 4 $30 bra’s and 4 sexy pairs of panties, for under $40 bucks. By the time I left I spend $80 bucks, not bad huh even got a $50 sweater for under $20 bucks. Darn all there shoes was gone.

Well Gals me leaving in less than an hour. You guys enjoy your evening.

I was feeling better until I decided to shovel the slush off the driveway. My feet ended up soaking wet by the time I finished. However, I do think that counts as a back workout!

I just got off the phone with Phil. It never occurred to me that I never told him about the Xers Retreat!:eek: He was so sweet! Once I told him it was just for the weekend and the average cost of airfare, he suggested I book a flight and rent a car. I LOVE him!!!:* :* :* I'm still searching for tickets. I've narrowed down my choices to coincide with Traci's arrival and departure times. There was even one flight that had me traveling from Debra's airport to Traci's airport with a 5 hour layover before flying all the way back to mine. LOLOLOL Traci, I love you and all, but that's crazy!!!!

Off I go to start on dinner. BBL for personals if I don't feel too exhausted. I'm going to do my best to watch Project Runway tonight. Laurie: Do you still watch that show?

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!!
Wendy

Wendy...You don't need to rent a car if you fly into Greensboro since we will have enough cars...XDH's car is still here, and Tracy is driving down as far as I know...which gives us 3 cars...which will be more than enough.

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi all,

B&B is done and if I'd been thinking I would have tried to eat more yesterday, but I did my best and I'll forget the rest. I used the bands because the pull up bar is out in the cold garage and there is absolutely no comparison to the difference in the workouts. Then I did Magically Hips.

Debra - I am still planning on driving down. I just haven't had time to send an email. I'll probably leave Thursday and return on Sunday.

Jeanette - I can tell by your comment that you have had the cough attack at a meeting. I had 2 meetings this morning and it was not pleasant. Something at work made my cough worse than usual. I drank 2 Nalgenes full of water trying to keep the cough to minimum.

I have no time for personals today. I have to finish something for my class tomorrow.

Tracy

DH is off on a bike ride, DS's are watching Dora, I have my coffee and I'm ready to chat with myself:) I always miss the rush but hey, I try:D

Interval X went well and I'm starting to look forward to the end. Only 2-1/2 more weeks to go and I'll be an XX'er:)

Looks like we'll have quite a turn out for the retreat. I am so glad it's going to happen. I was all stressed about losing weight before then but I decided I will never be as small as you little ladies so I gave up:D I'm still watching what I eat and pushing myself but I'm trying to not add the stress of major weight loss to my list of things to do.

Wendy, Take it easy, you do not want this junk going around. DS has been sick with relapses for a month and a half. Cute shoes! Are we going to see a picture of the whole outfit? Oh yeah, I totally think the sizes run big because a 00 is just huge;) I can't even imagine getting my toe into those. My sister is tiny like that but 5'5". It's disgusting and I'll have a talk with God in heaven about that later:D Thanks for the hugs! I do think I'm do for a good distancing from the situation. She is moving to Washington state so she'll be far away:)

Tracy, Are you noticing any changes with this round of P90X? Of course your so tones as it is you might not notice but did you measure? Are you going to do the + program after this round or wait until after STS comes out? I was thinking that some of my fast changes could be because I started using the pull up bar. Granted I can't do even one but even the assisted ones work well. DH and I are doing better today because I was able to discuss the issues we have calmly. I know he sees it but in the heat of an argument he relapses. Next time I'll box him one;)

Traci, Thanks again for your advice this morning. It helped a lot! I am ready to rid myself of all the negative junk going on around me and look for the positive.I looked up ticket prices and found that it was only $350 where it was $500 a month ago. I too have heard from many trainers that the back is supposed to be trained 2X as much as the front. It makes sense that you would hunch if your chest muscles were too tight all the time.

Gee Sandra, Your life sounds as exciting as mine lately:p I really need to take DS to the doctor to see if he has an ear infection. He has been sick so long I don't remember him being well. He has a fever again and is just pooped. Honestly it's kind of nice to have him down a few notches from his regular energy:) How is your thesis coming? I bet it's nice for the girls to have someone's undivided attention and nice for you to get your own undivided attention.

Lea, You are becoming the yoga queen and I'm jealous:) I get to join you tomorrow. I love Thursday for that reason. I do think it would be safe to do floorwork. Be sure to really stretch your hamstrings and hip flexors or you will make your back worse. The only time I really start to feel my back is when I have tight muscles or tweak it with bad form.

Teddygirl, Your stew looks easy and good for you, two pluses:) I take it you and Ted are doing better? Good idea to get him cologne. Have a great Valentine's Day!

Jeanette, It's you and the Garage Boys tonight, huh? Are you feeling a bit lighter today? I get on the scale purely for accountability but would steer clear of it otherwise. It's amazing how it can ruin your day even if you were felling good before you got on it. I noticed on the Biggest Loser how the contestants wouldn't lose weight if their calorie intake was too low. It's amazing how efficient the body is at storing fat for times of famine. I try to convince it that I won't starve it but it doesn't listen and stores the fat extremely efficiently:D I agree that I should distance myself from this whole situation and I am glad it will all be gone in two weeks and I can get on with my life.

Debra, When it's raining you invite CBL over for dinner and mention to him how much you hate taking the trash out in the rain:) I can't believe you let him leave without taking them out! Oh well, next time:) Yummy:9 I love chicken and dumplings! I'm sure I would feel better after fish and roasted veggies though. Thanks for the hugs and advice. I will be happy when this is all over and she moves to Washington so I can focus on my own life as it's been a while. How many of us are going to descend on you?

Laurie, Wow, 3 degrees is so out of my realm of thinking. It was 73 here today and my sister once again told me to shut up about it. This is the time of year she usually comes to visit and she couldn't afford it this year. She said she is starting to get depressed. Are your cherries done yet? Maybe we can make them at the retreat:9 That would make me feel better:)

Ok, I'm off to cook dinner. I had a nice chat with myself:)

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368_1199393270649.gif
[/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.