Xers:: Lets Kick Some Butt! Thursday!

teddy16410

Cathlete
:7 No- not feeling spunky- used Cathes March calendar quote for inspiration! :7

Today is CTX cardio of some sort + TLT Buns/Core ...Havent tried any of the TLT's yet but I hear they are really good....

:* Wendy: WooHoo on your good news & "so what" on your bad! I think X is intense enough that doubling up on workouts can be counter-productive... You continue working smart!:* VERY VERY nice choice of dinner!! What made you turn the corner on clean living? ..... Who is the wild *itch that has shown up in your home? Lindy?}( Oooohhhhh Skipper probably LUVS that- 2 women! }( ~~ BTW: I did take your wonderful advise & NOT overdo it yesterday... I did 2 10 minute trainer workouts;-)...That STILL makes my workout DOUBLE that of Sandras DH! ROF

:* Jeanette:
OMG! Tamale Pie! Havent had one in YEARS!!!! Luv those!!! If you wanted to "share" the recipe I promise to make it low cal! *fingers & toes crossed under desk* Its really great hearing about your leg conditining..not that I give a rip if you have legs fit for Muscle Mag...Just to re-inforce what we "think" we know about muscles! Good job!~~ Glad the elbow is still being good for you...How does one NEVER hit the ground again tho? Isnt that a golf hazard or just when newbies play the first few times?

:* DEBRA
WooHoo you are mulched!}( I am cleaning out the flower beds in back yard this weekend..The weeds have found 6 months of my ignoring them to be very fruitful! Ahhhhhh, to have an acre of land here! Why cant we bring the donkeys (I think its donkeys) to come live on your property? ;-)

:* NICOLE
Glad you are back around a bit more...... Is your DH REALLY as controlling as he sounds or are you just a people pleaser beyond all measure???? I can HELP YOU! I am a recovered People Pleaser :7 I am also a recovered wild child- poor Wendell says he missed the best years of my life!:+ ~~ ROF about your *gasp* & saying my body needed a break...WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN GIRL??? I take "breaks" about every 3-4 days...Its been months since I've done a full 6-7 day stretch... LOL!

:* KIM
No worries on Mia/Lea... These crazy (literal sense) just seem to come out to "play" monthly! Hmmmmm wonder what thats all about!?}( I'm so sorry that you are the target of the latest trend amoung people- Pointing fingers, pretending to be concerned.... Your DD's are the "normal" size that make all the other parents look bad I'm sure! If we got in parents face HALF as much about their fat kids as we do about their " model thin" kids we probably wouldnt be so fat! Sorry for the rant...The pointing finger to take focus off of their own issues DRIVES ME CRAZY!!

:* TeddyGirl
WooHoo on SE! I KNOW that one alweays puts you in a fabulous mood!

:* Christiane
Happy & safe travels!!! See you when you get settled again.

:* LAURIE
*Fusion* ????? We have a new fitness word???? * skurries off to see Mr Google* -wait...TONYS new word! I get it!!!! I think the rest of the world calls it compound! ROF:+ I recall hearing him say that & thinking WTH? Until I saw it...tony tony tony...always marketing isnt he? ~~ AWESOME results!!! Its amazing that your body responded so well THREE TIMES!!! You rock Laurie!

:* I have a private :p message for your DH... Please see note to Wendy today... I think you could ad a na-na-na-na-in there as well. ;-) I did LUV Yoga Flex! More Stretch than yoga and I only looked @ the counter clock 2x! LUV the shorties!

:* LEA
Happies of travels my friend! Tell DH is is the envy of all the boys!!! ENJOY!!! Get some oics of you with the stud muffins! I LUV baseball uniform pants!}(

All caught up & ready to start a great day.... Its HAIR DAY! zippity!!! What shall I have done for Spring color????

XXOXOXOO

Hi all,

I'm going nuts trying to keep up with everything this week There are just not enough hours in the day. My studying for the ACE test is behind, and I have a final in my class week after next. Ughhh.

Today is a rest day for me. I have been keeping up with my yoga and that is helping to maintain my twisting and flexibility. The twisting feels so good.

I'll try to catch up with personals between work and class. I skimmed through everyone's posts and it looks like all is well.

Christiane is still nursing the back; no more x for a while, it's hard on the back! Work on building up that core.

Nicole is overdosing on meds:)

Kim has a nasty parent butting into her business.

Jeanette is making a tamale pie which sounds really good!

Laurie is the late night chef.

TG, like me is having to work for her pay.

Lea has surfaced again.

Debra is spiffing things up. Please don't worry about that! I hate the clean up rush before people come.

Traci is going to make herself over into, hopefully not Stacy.

Wendy is finishing her healthy dinner off with apple pie; there has to be some pleasure in life!

Sandra must have put the thesis to rest because she has more time:)

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Tracy

Good morning one and all!! Boy, am I sore!! I feel like Christiane...I think someone must have hit my lower back with a baseball bat yesterday while I was moving that darn mulch around! And for those of you retreaters...This started out as CBL's project...not mine! I was planning on killing the dust bunnies before you guys got here so that no one is attacked in their sleep! And I was planning on cleaning the bathrooms...just because I think that is the right thing to do before company comes...lol.

And who is this Wendy/Lindy person who showed up last night??? I hope that Phil has run for cover because it sounds to me she is on a rampage!! And sweet Tracy has given everyone a fine recap this morning....always greatly appreciated!

XDH arrives in the country tonight...Ugh. And today is my mom's birthday...And I haven't gotten her birthday present yet...or a card...I guess I have to do that today, hunh?? I am also taking doughnuts to school for DD's birthday....and I also have to go eat lunch with her for bday, too.

Okay...gotta run for now...I will definitely be taking today as a rest...between my back and the other things I have to do...a workout just isn't happening!!

Back later for personals...
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Good Morning,

Yesterday on my way home my tire blew out while on the freeway Can you say I’m blessed! Yes in deed I am blessed……:) :) :) :) :)

I rode too work on my little spare donuts ( so cute) hopefully today I can get two new tires. Oh and desperately needing back brakes too, OUCH…

No rests last night, you know who kept me up argh.......it was worth it :) :D }( :p Anyhoo I managed to get up and I did CC#5 tonight 4DS Chest & Back.

Tomorrow is Ted BD the big 39..:7

Good morning,
Today was Gay Gasper's Step something (3 combos) and then a few combos of Christi Taylor's Step Heaven. I'm still taking it easy, but the cardio seems to loosen up the chest or else it makes it all start flowing, not sure which. How can the body produce so much gunk!! Bleh!

Lindy, yes, I would love the apple pie recipe! Please oh please? And if Sandra doesn't send you the CC Brownie recipe by tonite, I will retype it and send it to you. Hey, I know of people who give recipes, but fail to give ALL the ingredients. What's up with that? Talk about feeling insecure! I already nagged DH about a little maintenance project on the front of the house that he suggested about a month ago. Also, will have to remind him about the camper shell that he promised would be gone in a week. The week will be up next Monday. Never too early to start nagging. Okay, where is Wendy?

Traci, not spunky today? Any particular reason? I'm getting my strength back, little by little. Are these new TLT's? I have the set that came out a few years ago, but have not even done them in the last couple of years. I'll try to write out that recipe tonite too. It's super easy and I'm sure not very clean as it involves canned tamales. In golf, you still hit the ground with the club, but you shouldn't do it at the wrong angle that I did when first learning. I repeatedly jammed it. My tendency is to "top" the ball more often than hit the ground. I have to tell myself to stay down and not raise up when striking the ball. Oh believe me, Muscle Mag will not come anywhere near crossing your mind when you see my legs. Oh well, I'm coming to terms more with my body, though I'm still trying to improve and strengthen. It just doesn't bug me as much as it used to. I refuse to let it ruin my day! Will you post pics of your new hairdo and color so we know who you are when we meet in a few weeks?

Tracy, sorry things are so crazy for you. Hope yesterday's meeting with parents went okay. Enjoy the rest day today.

Debra, I kind of figured you would be sore today. Just doing something out of the ordinary does that, but think how much worse you would feel if you didn't work out? Hope you get the errands done today.

Latrese, I am so thankful you didn't get hurt with the blowout today! OMG!!! Good for you for doing CC#5 this morning. You are so dedicated. Hope things slow down for you at work. Happy Birthday to Ted!

Gotta run, BBL,

Jeanette

I need to hit the Lottery TODAY :) :) :) wouldn't that be sweet :) :) :)

Thank God for Goodyear Tires. I found out for two new tires it is going to costs under $200 bucks, I’m going on my lunch to get them put on, thank goodness GY is only 10 minutes away from my job

Right across the street from my job is Absolute Auto Service Center they have done work on my Nissan before, but to do my back brakes $185.00 other places wanted $200 and some more; all because of a special tool they have to uses. I made appointed for next Friday.

Morning Xers,

Rotation: Cathe Feb08/Week 1/Day 5
Workout: SH Chest & Back

It was very strange to do weighted chest work this morning. :7 Usually only doing those wonderful push-ups. :D

Oldest DD is home from school today, the cold has attacked the poor kid. She was walking around with a box of tissue under her arm this morning.

Traci, You mean you haven't seen all these new workouts that have the title fusion in them. I have seen them all over the place. Even saw one that was Kickbox Fusion. :eek: I didn't do a workout that kicked my butt, my chest is feeling good though. :7 :7 :7 Oh do the CTX KB cardio, it really works those legs good. }(

Tracy, You did really well on the catch up. :D Hope your day slows down a bit, so you have time to catch up with your studies. ;-)

Debra, Oh I bet that back is feeling your workout from yesterday. Outdoor work like that always seems to get that area of the body. All the bending over you have to do. I don't have to worry about that yet, we still have snow in all those areas. Hope the XDH visit is stress free, see me X my fingers. Have fun today with the lunch and donuts. :D Are those going to be Krispy Kreme? Why do those things taste so good?

TG, Did you have to change your tire by yourself? Sorry to hear that you had to go through that. We have so many pot holes in our roads right now, that trying to avoid them is dangerous. I just don't want to hit one a blow a tire. x(

Jeanette, Tamale Pie sounds like a delicious option. :9 When do we all come over on Friday. :D I think sharing the recipe would be a great idea. :D Oh so your DH has never had the Tuna Casserole with potato chips on top(can't imagine the cafeteria served it that way). :7 :7 That is the only way my DD's would eat it. But I did manage to get the fat down to 10g, and they still love it. :7 :7 Like the sound of the layered Taco Salad too. I guess it is getting closer to my snack time. :7 :7

Wendy, Dang you have a pleating machine, I think my DH would just about flip to have one of those. His machine is suppose to do pleating, but it never seems to work right (or maybe it is just him, he hates to pleat). :D DH can crank out a dress for our girls in about 2 days, if he works at it. I am usually the one slowing down the process, because it takes longer to bead the parts of the dress. I don't know who this Lindy person is, but she made me LOL this morning. :7 :7

Nicole, Did you get DOMS from GS Legs? Cleaning up after girls is just about the same. Seems that they leave a trail as they go through the house. I can tell where my girls have been by the clothes that have dropped on the floor. :7

Kim, Hope those boys do well at the science fair. I always enjoyed doing projects for that. :D Big geek here! Maybe it was just the fact that we had the fair all day long, and didn't have class to go to. :D :D I have never had a parent do that to me (at least no one has ever mention it to me). It is a shame that your "normal" sized children are now considered (by some people) to be too skinny. My DD's have had classmates ask them if they where anorexic. Of course they aren't, last night my oldest ate half a pizza. :7 :7 My youngest is a grazer, so she is constantly eating something. :7

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good morning,

I took a page from Teddygirl's book today and did BM2 Scrambled Eggs.

Jeanette...I'll be meeting DH this afternoon to look at the bike. I'll let you know what I find out. Is there anything you know of that I should specifically look to avoid? This is a used bike that's been cleaned up to look like new.

Have a great day everyone!
Sandra

Sandra,
Quickly, before I head off to work. Just make sure if it's carbon fiber that it hasn't been wrecked and the frame is cracked. Or if it's steel or aluminum, same thing. I'm sure your DH will be looking it over well too. Have a great time!!! I'll be anxious to hear tonite how it went! A lot of women swear by Terry saddles. I have the Butterfly and have many many miles on it, in fact need to replace it as it's worn out but it can be a chore getting it dialed in right now. I hate to remove the old one due to that.

Jeanette

Jeanette: Thank you :) :)

Laurie: Cathe’s Feb rotation that’s a goody and I know you are going to enjoy it. No I didn’t have to change my tire. I was getting so closes to exiting the freeway, so I drove it on home.

KickMax

I'm glad to say my legs are not DOMy today:D

I'm off to do Kickmax and then I'll be back!

Nicole

Feel the burn!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Kickmax done!:D

I forgot how much this workout gets your legs. I hope it keeps the DOMS at bay instead of making them worse:p

I have to take DS to the orthodontist again today. I know he's hoping to get his braces off but I'm afraid it will be another month or so. It has already been a year when it was only supposed to be 5 months max. Thank goodness for insurance!

Traci, You must have known Kickmax was on my schedule. Your title today is very appropriate. I just got CTX back from my BFF so I'm glad to know it's there if I need it. I'll probably do that one on Saturday. How was the TLT workout today? I had those on tap to purchase and never got around to it. I think the thing with DH is a combination of both him and I. I don't like him to give me crap and he likes to give it;) Haha:) Oooh, hair day! Have fun picking out your new do. Pictures, pictures!

Tracy, Sounds like you are quite a busy bee. Glad it's a rest day for you as life seems to be running you around enough as it is. How did the meeting with the nasty parents go? Have fun studying your ACE!

Debra, Yard work gets me every time too! CBL seems to be a keeper for sure. I bet he's done more in these past months than XDH did in 14 years!! Are you prepared for his impending arrival? Is Julia getting excited? Have fun with your mom and DD. When is DD's birthday? Did you sleep better last night? Good luck with your presentation tomorrow:D

Jeanette, Tamale pie and taco salad:9 Mexican food is at the top of my list of yummy stuff right there with Chinese. I try to not eat either of them often though as they are not too good for me:p The spinach is all mixed up with the mushrooms and the glaze. It was supposed to be a separate glaze but I misread the instructions and mixed them all together. It ended up being a good mistake:D

Wendy, Way to go on that healthy meal last night! I know we have all mentioned it so you can imagine our shock;) My sister is small like you so she can get away with being bad here and there and it doesn't show. I am NOT that way:( Yes, DH is opposed to me being on the computer during the day and I do feel like he's my father some days. To tell you the truth I could get away with murder as long as he's getting enough, if you know what I mean:p Did you break down and get P90X+ last night? You'll be glad you did and so will Phil! Be nice to the poor art teacher today:D

Laurie, Bummer that DD is sick again:( My DS woke up sneezing with a boogie nose this morning too. They are going to the desert with DH this weekend so I do not want him to get any sicker. I need my me time:p No DOMS this morning:D I hope they will stay away this time even though it is nice to feel you got a good workout. Stay warm!

Teddygirl, Happy Birthday early to Ted!!!:):) If you lived here I would have my brother hook you up with a good deal on tires. He's a firefighter but he works at a tire store a couple days a week. I just got 4 new tires put on for $230. I think I'm lucky to have a connection in that area:) Are you doing anything special for Ted's birthday? I'll keep my fingers crossed that you hit the lottery:) You know you need to play to win though, right?:D

Sandra, I just did CF the other day and remembered how much I like BM2. I'll have to do Scrambled Eggs in a couple weeks. Good luck with the bike hunting today. I'm glad you have Jeanette to give you advice on that:)

Off to shower and get ready to go!

See you later,

Nicole

Feel the burn!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Howdy Xers!

I'm doing something today, not sure what. I skipped Imax 3 yesterday, so maybe that, but I'm not feeling the Imax love today, lol. I got a lovely letter from my crazy mother yesterday about how she's not talking to me until I go to therapy and Al-anon (we really need a rolling eyes smiley on here!). I'll be sure to schedule that right in between Eating Bonbons with Cathe and all the soap operas I watch on TV. I've done NOTHING to her to warrant this letter. I haven't even talked to her in weeks, and when I did, I was polite and respectful. ARGH! Maybe I do need a good, hard Imax workout to get rid of all her crud she lumped onto me.

Otherwise, things here are ok. DS is recovering and hopefully that'll be the last of the flu (and all germs) for quite awhile!! He's just about made up his schoolwork, too :) It helps when you live at school, lol. Ok, enough about me. Onto personals :)

Wendy -- Great job with the late night workouts! Better late than never! I have your IEW stuff all boxed up. I just need your addy and I'll drop it off at the PO :)

Christiane -- Hmmmm... You COULD sub your Phase 1 P90X weight workouts... or if you're sick of Tony, you could probably made do with the 4DS weight portions (do chest & back twice, Tony style, do back, shoulders and arms all together, then sub your fave leg workout). I'll let you know if I think of something better, lol. I hope your back's feeling better today!

Traci-X -- "workout drag" lol! I hope you had a great time getting your hair done :)

Laurie -- Nice results with the XXX!! LOL about "the girls". Mine are pretty much pancakes after nursing 3 kiddos!

Nicole -- I hate working legs, too. I'm glad you were able to grin and bear it ;-) I like your new Meez. Reminds me of my house! I used to be optimistic about Cathe's release dates. And then I met Chris! lol.

Teddygirl -- I love Scrambled Eggs! Ooh, maybe I'll do that one today instead. Great job with a tough workout! Sorry about the tires and brakes. Cars are just money pits. My sister has you beat, lol. She was in a high speed collision on I-95 last night. Thankfully she only suffered muscle soreness/strain. The car is not so lucky. She now has to have a new one by Monday (so she can get to work!). Hey, no one hit the Power Ball last night and it's up to $275M!! I say you should invest in a ticket ;-)

Kim -- How strange to bring up your DD's weight! My DD is almost 7 and is just about 40 lbs, too. She's also very petite and thin. She just has a small build (like me). Thankfully, my doc pretty much said that to me the last time she was in, so no worries :)

Debra -- Gardening definitely counts as a workout! It should at least be good for some sculpting!

Tracy -- I hope you're able to get some cramming in before your next class!

Hi to everyone else! I hope you all have a great day/evening!

Carol

Carol: Sorry to hear about your sister ((hugs)) my goodness thank God she's okay. I’m glad she only suffered soreness. I say go for Scrambled Eggs it’ll surely put a smile on your face when you are done. I play Mega, Rolling Cash and Ten Oh:D I pray I hit…:D

Car Business..........................................................

2 new tires, that's completed! Now come too find out I need ball joint the entire left arm replaced $400 + tax ARGH ;( ;( I'm going to hunt around to see who will do the work the cheapest, don’t need premium parts I was told from Goodyear guy who claims he’d check around. I won’t be getting my back brakes next Friday, going to save that $200 and TRY and come up with another $200.00 Now ya’ll see why I need to hit the lottery;)

Teddy................
I picked up a BD card for my baby and on the way home going to stop at Giant Eagle and get him a double chocolate cake, now that is really scary having a cake in the house, that's BAD. I tell ya, since I've been back from lunch I’m eating like crazy can someone say "nervous" Have a great evening all :D

Good Evening Ladies,

The Skipper and I (Skippette) went to Power Torture Yoga tonight. With Jenn as my witness: No, I didn't drag him. And, he didn't go to please me. If anything, he did NOT go to please me since he was still a bit upset with last night Lindy. :eek: }(

What happened to my laid back yoga instructor?!?! The one who always "forgot" to insert at least 5 minutes worth of frog pose. The man who let you slide for coming out of a pose too soon. The one who was veering off the basic flow pattern and inserting NEW poses... Kest Poses!!! I knew Don, said yoga instructor, went to the Kest workshop before he mentioned it after class!!!! He oozed of renewed interest. He was diligent with form, showed modifications for the newbies, pushed just enough, made us laugh when the poses got tough, and reminded us to smile.. He inhaled inspiration and exhaled (shall I even say it) more depth. WTH! Lindy was NOT expecting this tonight!!!:7 I was hoping to get by with as little effort as possible!!!!:eek: :+ But after it was all said and done, it was for the best. :)

Don was forgiven when he told me that I was (not just good) but GOOD! It was the way he said it! I can't believe he even noticed my form.}( Kest is working WONDERS across America!!!!:7

BTW, I wasn't keen on giving my evil side a nickname earlier today since I just refer to my "moments" as Wendy did what! or Wendy said what!:7 I mean, it's not that much more evil than what I regularly am. Right? ;) But, tonight's yoga class has made me more accepting of who I am. I embrace Lindy and all her wickedness.:D :D :D

Well, I'm going to cuddle up with my MM and dream sweet dreams. I'll catch up with personals tomorrow.

Sweet Dreams!!!
:* :* :* :*
Wendy

Wow...You guys have been quiet today! It has been a busy day for me....but I got most of what I wanted to do done...except mop the floors...but I guess they will still need mopping in the morning....lol! XDH should be arriving at the airport about right now. Ugh. I had a mini breakdown earlier....but I am feeling a bit better now. Poor CBL...he took the brunt of my episode...luckily he is pretty forgiving. I am just feeling majorly stressed out about XDH's visit. Once we get through DD's party on Saturday, things will get easier.....I hope!!

No workout for me today...since I am still feeling the mulch workout from yesterday. I am planning on Kenpo + the KM leg conditioning drills tomorrow. I should have a lot of pent up irritation to give my all to those kicks and punches by then. I also have my presentation in the morning...I should get a little practice time in before class....I hope. I can't really concentrate on that right now.

okay...onto some personals...

Teddygirl....
What an awful day you have had!!! Hope you can find some cheaper parts to take care of all of the car issues! Poor thing.

Traci...
Hope you are feeling spunkier by the time you read this!! And hoping you got your workout in today. I bet you are busy with clients, hunh? We can certainly bring the donkeys over for a visit if you would like...I am sure Polly would LOVE them! They can graze in the back yard while Polly runs around barking at them...and we sit on the patio either with coffee and diet coke...or wine depending on what time of day it is! Please let me know what color you ended up with for your hair...The diva wants to know.

Tracy...
Sorry things have been so busy for you this week....Hope things even out for you once your class is done in a couple of weeks. I promise....no additional sprucing on your account....just regular maintenance.

Jeanette...
Poor dear...Sorry you are still so filled with gunk. Hope that is continuing to get better for you! We'll go golfing if time allows...The days will be pretty long by then...so we may be able to get in a few holes before dark on Sunday....I think most everyone's flights leave fairly early...We'll see. I am actually not as sore as I thought I would be today...Just my back is yucky...other than that, feeling good. Well..stressed but good...LOL! Maybe the tamale pie can be your speciality!! Sounds yummy! You funny lady and your junk cars...Just leave them out for everyone to see...Scr*w 'em if they can't take a joke!!

Laurie...
Sorry DD is feeling under the weather today. I actually missed doing the weighted chest work while I was doing the X. I get so much more out of it. Yes...the doughnuts were from Krispy Kreme...That is about all we have down here....with sprinkles of course...Green ones for St. Patty's day!

Sandra...
Dear...Where are you today?? Did your eggs get completely scrambled today?? Hope the bike turned out to be what you wanted.

Nicole...
Glad you had fun with KM today...Did you do the leg drills too?? I am sure CBL has done more in the past 6 months than XDH has ever done!! My XDH is a great believer in paying to have something done instead of doing it himself. That is not necessarily a bad thing...but sometimes it would be easier just to do it! DD is excited about him coming, I guess. I think she is more excited about the party and the presents to tell the truth...lol! What do you expect...she is 7! Or at least she will be on Sunday.

Carol...
Sorry your mom is placing some unearned guilt your way. I know that must be hard to deal with. What workout did you end up doing today?? Maybe some kickboxing would help with the mother frustration?!?

Wendy...
Dear Phil....God bless his little heart for going with Lindy...oops, I mean Wendy, to yoga tonight. I always feel great after I push myself with yoga. More so than with any other kind of workout....I always know it was the right thing for my body...and I always feel good afterward. WooHoo....on the compliment on your form!! Yes, my dear, embrace your evil side...Be supportive of your underlying self!!! And, you caught me...the only reason you were invited to the Xer retreat is so that I can learn to cook Thai food properly. Oh, well....at least you'll have some fun with the other folks I have tricked into coming to my place. I promise to at least send someone to pick you up at the airport...well, maybe just a cab, though...lol!! And to add also...I AM enjoying not having to 'play by myself' anymore...not that XDH was a whole lot of help in that department anyway....I tell you, the best thing that ever happened to me was his moving to Russia...I realized for the first time what a jerk he really is...and that I didn't have to take it anymore!!!!

Okay....now that I am done with my 'I am Woman' speech to Wendy/Lindy...I guess I will head to bed so that I don't have bags under my eyes when XDH comes by in the morning to pick up the Diva. I need to look fabulous....only I am still hanging onto those few extra pounds...UGH... Remind me not to get on the scale again until XDH leaves. I get enough of feeling bad while he is here....I don't need the scale to yell at me too!!!

Good night, dear friends....Hope everyone is okay!! Christiane and Lea....safe travels to you both. Kim...hope social services hasn't paid you a visit yet. I think that does it for me today..

Kisses and sweet dreams to all!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi ladies,
I'm home here, nice warm fire going in the woodstove, rain falling softly on the metal roof, cat curled up by my feet on the ottoman, watching the Arnold Palmer Invitational on TV. Know that last part makes you girls all want my life ;). DH is out working that 2nd job that will be his 1st job come next Monday. Poor guy. We're thankful he has work to tide him over until June when things will start hopping off again at the prison. Nice of him to come home and make a fire for me before heading off.

Laurie, I sure sympathize with your DD and her cold. I had a meeting with the Warden this afternoon. I was taking notes and kept having to stop to cough due to junk. She finally got up and got me a bottle of water. I had a cough drop in my mouth but it wasn't getting the job done. It's just keeps dripping from the sinuses, yuk. Dinner is at 6 tomorrow night. Know Grandma would enjoy your company and send you home with a steamy novel or two. Mom used to make the tuna casserole with potato chips too. I remember liking it okay. I like the weighted chest work best of all in a workout. Much more than pushups, but doesn't everyone?:7

Nicole, did your DS get his braces off? I wore braces for years and years as a kid. Of course back in those days, they were more a medieval torture device, but oh so worth it. I know what you mean about Mexican food. DH and I rarely go out for dinner so I don't have to struggle with that too much. This cooking for Mom and Dad is kind of fun and is making me pull out my old recipes. They are pretty darned easy to please cooking wise. Thank goodness as Julia Child I am not. Glad you enjoyed Kickmax today. Ooooh, a weekend alone again! Awesome! That's a great deal on the 4 tires for sure. You lucky dog! Nice to be hooked up like that.

Carol, sorry about the bad feelings with your mom. Just move on. Some things just not worth responding to.

Wendy, glad the power yoga torture session was good. Bet Phil didn't forget the bag again. Sounds like the day started with Lindy but ended with Wendy:7 Enjoy the cuddle time. I'll look for the link to the cheesecake brownie recipe now. I found my printed copy and it was posted by Sandra on 12/12/07 on our checkin. I'll email it to you if I find it.

Traci, how's the cut and color? Hoping you can post pictures.

Jeanette

Debra,
I was wondering if you would be sore today. Hope you got some needed rest. Understandable to be a bit nervous with XDH's arrival. He'll be gone before you know it. You have all of us thinking of you and confident in your abilities to handle whatever XDH tries to dish your way. Golf sounds good on Sunday, if we have the time. Tell CBL he has no need to be intimidated by my abilities. I'm no Anika Sorenston. It'll just be for fun & grins.

Night, girl.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.