Xers.....Jingle bells.......Wednesday

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Starting us off today with a ring and a jingle. No alliteration today, but I liked the sound and vision of jingle bells and Santa flying through the sky on his sled.

BBl, everyone have a great day.

Tracy

Hi all,

I just lost a long post because of this stupid keyboard. Just know I was thinking of you all. I'm out of time.

Happy Wednesday.

Tracy

Ah, Ha! Good morning lady xer's! So good to see you are keeping up the workouts, fantastic!

Sorry about MIA for sooooo long. I miss each and every one of you and have been thinking of you.

My daily workouts have been super. Three days of Gym styles addon 30 min cardio. Two days of cardio and one day of yoga. Day 7 rest. I'm stronger and able to lift more weight than last year at this time. It's a good feeling to know I am improving.

DH is still walking like a penguin following Sunday's GS legs and hour Shiva wo. It's so funny, He has "chicken biker legs" as I refer to them. By my suggestion he has agreed to GS Legs every Sunday this winter. :)

My little job at the township is sucking big time. Dont' want to get into the details (boring/ bit*Cy) but needed to mention it. I'm super frustrated with the scene. :(

The studying is going -well, for a lack of better terms, slow. The bones and muscles are a mind blower! I keep reading and forgetting. The mental /learning block I have acquired is proving to be quite a huge wall for me to get over. This is honestly the hardest challenge I have ever taken on. I find myself crying about it quite often.

Could be the holidays. I'm feeling the stress. Much of it is all in the mind. ;) Overall everything is going well. We are healthy and happy.

I see you have set the date for a meet at Debras in April. :7 I am considering it and would love to make it happen. :+

The time is running. Off to workout! Have a happy and healthy and strong workout Wednesday. ((((((((Hugs))))))) to all!:)

RD 2 / Phase 1 / Week 4 RECOVERY!/ Day 1
Well, Lord Luv A Duck! Who'd have thunk!?

The planets are back in alignment for sure!!! Ms Tracy is back as original poster!!!! :eek:

TRACY:eek:
I do miss seeing your early bird postings to go with my coffee! :7 What type of keyboard do you have? Must be a newer fancier kind-I have the old kind and wish for a wireless keyboard/mouse from Santa. I have Windows Vista but cant tell the diff between the earlier version...Might be because with DH's company being a Microsoft Partner we get all new software as it rolls out to distributers (about a year early) so we change in baby steps.. Many people I know only upgrade every 4-6 years so the versions have changed as many times so it seems like greek for awhile... How did we ever live without all this stuff?:+ Hows the hormone leveling coming along? Maybe we should all check our calendars and estimate where we'll be in the process come April! :+

Amy!!! :7
Wonderful to see you today!!! I think of you everyday and hope for an update! Just too funny about DH & legs!:+ So sorry about your job but also know that this time next year your life will very different! Its all for the greater good, right? {{{{huggers}}}} on the study meltdowns--- I remember those all too well. It DOES get better! One day you wake up and the lightbulb has gone on! I am getting ready to add a certification myself but wasnt going to do it anywhere near holiday time! :+

Thats TODAYS personals! I shall return when I feel awake!:7 :*

RD 2 / Phase 1 / Week 4 RECOVERY!/ Day 1

:) Back but only slightly more awake so pardon all typos pleeze:)

I calculated the cycle day for April visit to Deb's & it looks like I shall be just finished ttom:7 You lucky gals you:7

What shall I do for my first recovery day? I am heading out to a holiday festival with my GF so if I dont take today as rest (which I do not need btw) I shll be doing a DrillMax or LIC or The Parts Full Body or something of the sort. Probably The Parts as it has Yoga included in it.

Now how is it that Debra got her calendar yesterday (that means I should get today) but Jeanette got hers earlier? Does Jeanette have a "deal" with Cathe? hmmmmmmm

TeddyGirl
I had no idea about your mom.;( I am so sorry and can only imagine how sad holidays are for you. My DH lost his dad back in the 80's and still struggles- I dont think losing a parent is something you ever fully "get over". Embrace the saddness as well as the joyfilled memories. ~~~ I eat for stress as well... actually I drink coffee & eat sugar to be exact- NOT a good combination to reduce stress! :7 BTW: Dont feel like you MUST confess all your food intake- unless it helps of course ;-) Just know this for a FACT: Come January 2nd should you partake in any un-clean food I am reporting you in OD on the P90X Board!:p - Tough Luv baby!

Laurie
I'm with Jeanette on the positive of having tummy issues... Do you think you subconsciously brought it on to avoid the dreaded 5# holiday gain?:+ I wish I had gotten the flu bug last week for sure!!! Take it easy on yourself today!!!

Nicole
^5 on CS just gettin' done! You go girl!!! I imagine dinner & shopping were happy reprieves from the GB house... That thing is a bigger time sucker than cyberspace!:7 LOVE the latest Meez!!! Cant wait to see what the New Years Doll looks like.~ Havent heard of Thrive Diet... I just ordered Toscas latest book: The Eat Clean Diet Workout & companion workout log book. I'll check out Thrive- although I have a need for a new diet book like I need a thump on my head with a hammer:7

Sandra
Woe is me... I failed to save any sopinach for my green smoothie today and I dont have time for a grocery store run x( I have grown accustomed to drinking a quart every day as my AM nourishment... It may be an egg whites morning. ~ LOL on the tongue! Wasnt actually born with it but I was a female rarity in the Corporate business world back in the day so hanging out in the Good Ol' Boys Clubs made me thick & wicked!!! }( I thought I got you to subscribe to Oxygen last year??? Does Santa need to mail a subscription gift to you??? All the ads aside it is one of the most respected mags in the industry for lifestyle & fitness. I use at least 2-3 of their workouts every issue with my clients to ~SHOCK~ those muscles. They do alot each issue on targeting specific body parts which I find helpful for myself & clients alike...

DEBRA
:+ Somehow I KNEW the nap won yesterday! Goof lord you are waaaay more productive after a nap than I am! Now you wont have to clean again until just before the X Retreat:7 I recall going away on the "first" trip with XBF.... He actually said on the plane home that he was THRILLED we made great traveling partners as that was a tell-tale sign of "the next step":7 I'll shoot you an email of a leaning rotation anytime you want... We can talk on email about specifics and I shall create away....:* Enjoy getting all "perty" for the BIG DATE!!! By the by... did you decide on an Xmas Gift for CB????

Jeanette
I am soooooo sorry the yuckies are hanging on. Dont you wish it would make a decision- Sick or leave? The just not quite right always makes me feel worse than actual event- kinda like PMS worse than ttom!:7 When does the family start arriving for holiday? Are you the hostess every year? I was laughing the other day thinking that I'll be the only pathetic Xer posting on Xmas Day! With no kids it will be quiet until my MIL arrives for her birthday lunch. ~ We sound like 2 peas in a pod on the liking the challenge of a deadline... I actually self create the crunch just because my brain operates better that way... Hair looks WONDERFUL! I think its more from low humidity tho than the grease traetment:7 Have a wonderful day!!! Feel better!:*

OK gals- I am off to spruce up before heading out for the day...

Oh yes--- Your chuckle for the day.... I told DH tha if I loved the Xers any more than I do I'd be "switchin' teams!"
XXOOXXOOX:* :* :* :* :*

Classic/ Week 5/ Day 3/ Back & Biceps; ARX (+30 min cardio...maybe RS w/u, combo #1, challenge).

Good morning,

I was in such a deep slumber when the alarm went off I was convinced it was Saturday and I could sleep in a bit longer. Wrong! Off I go to Bring It with BB. If I remember correctly, this one is tough on the forearms.

Have a good day. I'll BBL to do the personals.
Sandra

Off and running this morning...gotta get DD to school. I am thinking I may not go to yoga class today and just stay in and spend some time with Eoin. It is kind of drizzly and very cold..and I am feeling like taking a nap again. What is wrong with me?? Isn't there some sort of bu that bites you and you get sleeping sickness? Tse-tse fly perhaps??

Back in a bit!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Doubles/Phase 1/Week 3/ Day 3
Workout: P90X chest & back + Strike Zone
Tonight: ARX

Howdy:)

Confession, is good for the soul, keeps me sane!:eek: :eek:

Kick butt workout this morn, plus a good night’s sleep. I talked too my sisters last night we strolled down memory lane, talking about our mom. Its always tough this time of year, than January 5th would of been her BD

Stepped on scale this morning back up 2lbs ARGH…………..I’m not upset pass week been eating tons of sugar chocolate FOCUS TG FOCUS………

Back Soon

Okay...I'm back..I have made an executive decision not to go to yoga class today...I am feeling droopy and it's cold and rainy...I will just have a nice visit with Eoin at home. Nothing else major to do today...I would like to clean the bathrooms, but I guess the world will not come to an end if I don't do it today. I have to run an errand for CB and then take DD's suitcase to my mom's place. I am really looking forward to seeing him tonight! I must do those 2 Xmas cards this morning...and I have a little work to do in my office. We'll see what I actually get to!

Teddygirl...
Don't worry about the 2 pounds...that is easy enough to get rid of after the first of the year. I know it's tough at the holidays when you are missing someone important from your life. My dad died 3 years ago Dec 14...and I miss him every day.

Tracy...
Well, you're having a bit of a week, aren't you? Hope things even out for you soon. Time off from work must be just around the corner! Have you read the book 'Polar Express'? It's a kids book that talks about the magic of Christmas...jingle bells always remind me of that book.

Swifty...
So glad to see your shining face this morning!! I hope you can work it out in your schedule to join us for the Xer retreat! I would love to have you!!! Keep up with those studies...I will be right along with you in January. Good for you for getting DH working his legs...It must be funny to see him with DOMS!

Traci...
Well, thank goodness we won't be in the middle of ttom when we are all together! Or during that lovely PMS week...We should be feeling pretty perky and slim by then...LOL! I actually got my calendar on Monday...Where is yours?? Have fun with whatever workout you do today. Thanks for helping me with a lean rotation...I am really good at SH, but I tend to struggle with keeping focus with other types of rotations. I am still 3 and half weeks away (including my recovery week)...but I will probably email you this week sometime. I am seeing some nice results from this SH rotation. Maybe that is why I have been so tired. Muscle making and all. If you really want to know how to cuss like a sailor...spend a year working with a group of guys from South Boston...My language was never the same after that!! I got CB some bedding that he picked out earlier this season...I have framed photo of a Carolina victory to give him that he doesn't know about...and I will probably get him a gift certificate for a massage. Come on over the the "L" side whenever you want...I apparently like the other team! My dear Carol Beth!

Sandra...
I think you are right about those forearms....They are going to be burning this morning!!

Jeanette...
Hope you aren't getting sick. I am sending healing vibes your way! Maybe Santa will drop a new dvd player by your house...it sounds like you need one! Yes, CB can ski...but he has some old knee and ankle injuries, so he doesn't go on the harder slopes...I think I would be able to keep up with a little instruction ahead of time. LOL about taking room spray! The smell isn't what makes me uncomfortable....it's all the noises that go with it...I am sure that created a picture that you really didn't need this morning...LOL! I have never seen Dumb and Dumber....did you see 'Along Came Polly'? Ben Stiller is in a bathroom scene that is just hilarious!

Okay...I think that is it for now....I am heading to bed again...and hopefully I will be up and perky later and get all of my chores done! Happy workouts to all and to all a good night!

Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Good morning,
Round 2, Phase 1, Lean Rotation, Week 4, Day 3 - KenpoX

Not feeling it for KenpoX so I did Cathe's 4DS Kickbox. I'm not any better energy wise and feel a wee bit like there is congestion up in my head so am taking it easy. The Garage Boys is tonite and if I'm not up to it, won't go. I don't want to put too much stress on my body.

Tracy, thanks for starting us today. Nice visual of Santa. We all know that frustration of losing a post. Happened a couple times to me last week.

Swifty, great to hear from you. Ouchy to your DH! Just shows how our legs can be really strong doing one thing, but we need to keep switching it up. I wish I had a bit of the chicken biker legs. Mine will never be considered anything to do with chickens. Sorry about your job. Do you work full time? What kind of work do you do? Know you will get the hang of the studying. You are such a tough gal, you'll never give up on this new challenge. Would love to meet you in April.

Traci, enjoy your time out with your GF today. LOL, no deal with Cathe at all on the calendar. I ordered probably around the 1st or 2nd day that it was out. Yep, I hate this inbetween feeling, but if I can just....hang....on....until Christmas is over before getting the full blown cold, I'll be happy. Maybe being a 'tweener will help me not want all those Christmas goodies. Glad your hair looks great today. Mine grows so darned fast any more. I've had to move my appointments up to every 5 weeks now. Most of my family is local here. The only one coming any distance lives in Atascadero (by San Luis Obispo) and the will be traveling up on Christmas Day, due to arrive just in time for the prime rib. Yep, I ordered a big-un, 20#. I'm holding my breath that they get here before dinner as I'd hate to hold it and make it too well done. We alternate Christmas every other year between Mom's and our house. Thanksgiving alternates between 2 other sisters. Works out well because you only have to do 1 holiday every 2 years.

Sandra, hope you bring it good today! Yes, that's the one with the exploding biceps.

Debra, sorry you are feeling so sleepy. I've been loving my little nap when I get home from work, but I think that's it's more a habit for me. If I had something to do (golf, bike), instead of housework, I wouldn't be sleepy at all. Thanks for the healing vibes! I will have to check out the movie "Along Came Polly". Yep, if I start having more problems with my workouts and the DVD player, will definitely rush out and get one. Can't be without one for that of course. Bet you will be a natural for skiing. You will be amazed at the little kids that will ski circles around you.

Latrese, bet it was nice talking about your mom. How many sisters do you have? What a nice thing to do last night. I have a doings at work today. The build your own burrito fest doesn't really tempt me at all, but I know a gal is bringing in homemade cookies. Ooooh, hope my stomach starts getting grumbly soon so I can resist! Worked for Laurie! I've had a weight challenge with my sister that's coming up on Tuesday. My goal is to be down one more pound by then. The challenge was really only for me to lose 2#. Drinking more water is helping me to feel less bloated and puffy under the skin.

BBL, Laurie will probably have posted when I post now.

Jeanette

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 1/Week 4/Days 1&2
Workouts: Core Syn / MTV Power Yoga

As you can see I didn't get a workout in last night. Just didn't feel like it. I was sleeping by 9pm so all is pretty good in my world this morning. Tummy is feel much better, not 100% yet. I will be getting my hair colored and trimmed up after work. Then I'm in the basement to finish up my workouts.

DH is at the HS this morning filming oldest DD's play. They are having dress rehearsal in preperation for 3 performances on Friday. My youngest actually gets to see her big sister perform, since they will be going to her school too. DD was very nervous this morning. :)

DH brought some Mini Key Lime Tarts to work. I made them for our party on Sunday, and we had extras. The tarts won a prize. I had a whole basket of kitchen goodies. And these things where the easiest thing I have ever made.

Tracy, Dang on the keyboard. Our computer at home makes me sign on twice before I can post. So I have to make sure I do a copy of what I type.

Amy, Good to hear from you. Sounds like you are a busy lady. Keep up the hard work you are doing. And of course keep up the DH torture. :7

Traci, I'm going to be well with my cycle for the trip also. ;-) You are right that can be a very important factor. I think the tummy issues where a good thing. Stopped me from eating all the chocolate goodies that have been around here. But now that it is leaving my body, I still have to deal with my Moms cooking this weekend. :9

TG, Glad you had a good gab fest with your sisters. Those always work wonders for me too. How many sisters do you have? I have 3 and we are all very close. You did have a great workout this morning, way to push play.

Nicole, Did you get your Christmas shopping all done? And of course getting the rocks for the GB house. Oh the 60's are shorts and T-shirt weather around here. :7 :7 We are suppose to be getting rain/snow on Saturday. My sister is taking my girls up to my parents on Satruday, and it is making me a bit nervous. Half way to my parents it changes from rain to snow. Not fun traveling weather.

Sandra, Yep I knew it would be the wonder of dehydration. I really didn't start feeling like drinking a lot of water until late last night. Then I downed about a liter bottle in one sitting. This flu has been really strange. I have been trying to get the goodies away from the guys, but you know men. There is one of these giant tins in the Maintenance area that was full of candy (mostly chocolate). There is only a small portion left. :7

Debra, :9 Steak. Maybe I should have said that like Homer Simpson. Mmmmmmmmm Steak!!! :D Hope you have a great time tonight. Sounds like your body needs a nap, look at all the things you got done after your nap yesterday.

Jeanette, Sorry to hear that you are suffering from the tummy bug. You are right the only good thing about having tummy issues is the fact that you really don't want to look at food. My DH is getting the same way. Seems like every morning he is asking me where something is, or he forgets he told me something. On the other hand he does forget to tell me things too. :D Oh the joys of getting older.

One of these wonderful maintenance guys just gave me a great present. $5 gift card from Blockbuster, candy cane and popcorn. I like this present.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Happy Wednesday Xers!!

Sorry to be MIA, but I got caught up in lots of busy-ness. I have not worked out since Saturday, unless you count putting up the tree or a marathon gift wrapping session as a workout ;-) I AM feeling better, though. I'm still not quite 100%, but the cough IS lessening (YAY!). I'll be making up for the lack of workouts today, though, lol. I have Kick Max (a mix, with blasts first, then combos) on tap, along with some Eoin :) Tomorrow will likely be Core Syn in the am, Step Blast in the PM (I'm taking some liberties with the recovery week, adding a bit more cardio and cheating on Tony, lol). Then I'll be back on track by Friday :) I'm nearly done with Xmas shopping, and the kids and I will be doing FUN stuff this week (no schoolwork). I do have a family funeral on Friday (my dad's uncle, who was quite elderly) and I'm helping a friend move on Saturday (she's FINALLY leaving her very JERKY DH). Then Sunday we're going to my parents' house for our Xmas celebration (spending the night and staying Xmas eve), but we'll be HOME for Xmas for the first time EVER!! YAY! I just realized I'm scheduled to start my doubles portion of the rotation on Xmas eve, lol. At least my mom has a treadmill! I'll definitely be doing my workouts, though, as eating has been sketchy. I gotta do something to fight back!

Traci-X -- LOL about calculating your cycle out that far. If only I was ANYWHERE near regular... What was the final decision for a date? I seem to have missed it somehow...

Debra -- I find I'm much more sleepy in the winter, and I think it has to do with the lack of sunlight. I find I can't sleep very much at all (no matter how tired I am) in the summer, either. I hope you are able to catch up with your nap and enjoy your time with Eoin!

Jeanette -- I hear ya on Kenpo. I'm not feeling it so much, either, and I'm subbing today, too ;-) I hope your energy returns soon and you're back up and running as usual tomorrow!

Hi to everyone else! I hope you're all having a great day!

Carol

Laurie and Jeanette:

I have 9 sisters and 8 brothers 2 our deceased. My mother and my step dad were the world’s best mom and dad. Mom was a evangelist all her life ALWAYS giving and giving ministering, doing this for the homeless doing that...giving herself every single day. I thank God for giving us parents like them both and Dad was a Preacher, I mean old school Preacher, God's way or NO way, that's how we grew up and that’s all we knew, Dad was a man of faith with 18 children in the house NEVER took or wanted hand outs or welfare, never missed a day of work except when he got sick, I remember he got sick and the welfare lady came out we got food stamps for 1 month he called the welfare and said NO more. They both walked by FAITH, I could tell some storys. Plus we came from a beautiful home mom had EXPENSE tastes only the bests for her, she'd pay 1500.00 for draps for living room custom this custom that......They were the best, not a day goes by me that I don't think of them.

Good morning again!

I did the workout as planned: RS w/u, combo#1, challenge, c/d & stretch. Then Back & Biceps and ARX. Yup, the forearms get nice and toasty with that one.

I have a new dilemma. Opinions please:
Friend phoned me last night. Her children have head lice, she's just discovered. Her youngest dd was one of my sleepover guests on Friday night. I'm staying optimistic that she wasn't infected yet. BUT....here's the dilemma. We have Xmas dinner with this friend every year. They have no family here; we have no family here. I actually grew up a block away from the wife, and my DH grew up a block away from the husband. We've known this couple all our lives. The wife and I were constant playmates as children. We grew apart when we went away to university, but since we've both landed back in the same city (6 years ago now), we socialize frequently. And like I said, we have all our holiday dinners with them. SO!! Do I bail on the Xmas dinner for next Tuesday???? Do you all remember the Great Lice Infestation of 2007?? I seriously do not want to repeat that. And my experience from that leads me to believe that her home won't be totally lice-free by Tuesday. Oh, and I gave her the turkey to cook for the meal. I'm not about to buy another turkey, but if we don't go to their house on the 25th, I'll need to make something special here. I love the way she cooks turkey. What would you do?

Tracy....Thanks for the Santa image this morning! ARGH!!!! I'm sure you had many insightful things to say in that lost post. Have a great day. Are you feeling any better today? Anxiety down? Cramps gone?

SwiftAmy....Ahhhh, there you are! Have you ever seen that biology colouring book? It's designed for students who have to learn all the parts of the body, inside and out. The idea is that if you have to sit and colour them all in (ie., engage interactively with the material), you'll remember them easier. I think it might be called "The Anatomy Colouring Book" or something like that. Check it out. I know you're going to get through this course, because you have such a passion for the subject.

Traci....Do DrillMax. I love that one :) No spinach? It's amazing how we come to depend on a particular food or drink. I get so disappointed if I don't have any Happy Planet Extreme Green in the fridge for my preworkout snack. I never subscribed to Oxygen. I just buy it off the shelf every month. I like the looks of many of the workouts in them, but as you can tell, I prefer to just pop in a video over doing my own thing. I do feel that I'm outgrowing much of the video weight work, though, so unless STS is all that it claims it will be, I can see myself venturing out on my own at some point in 2008. I'll be posting on Xmas Day, don't worry! Especially now that I'll probably be home, reheating leftovers for dinner.....But I do intend to do my scheduled workout that day, and will probably want to crow about it.

Debra....Do you think maybe your amount of sleep is begetting the need for more sleep? Or are you staying up really late at night because you're sleeping in the daytime? Or are you depressed? Or is CB just wearing you out? Sofa shopping sounds perfect for you: lay down and have a test-snooze on every one in the store. Have a grrreat time with The Man tonight!!! Why are you suggesting Tracy read The Polar Express? Why not just watch the movie? It's a terrific movie. We'll watch it on Xmas Eve, probably. Thanks for the Curl explanation. You've heard of the game "Curling", haven't you? Where grown ups hurl "rocks" down a length of ice, to knock other rocks out of the circles at the end, while 2 other grown ups use brooms to help control the thrown rock? Roughly like bowling on ice. In Canada this game is almost as popular as hockey. We like our ice games, I guess. I used to live in Kingston, Ontario where everyone went ice-fishing on all the small lakes in the area. In case you're wondering, the only thing I like to do with ice is to put it in my drinks. LMAO! DD's a backseat driver already, is she? At least she's not swearing at them. Good job, Debra!

Teddygirl....I'm so sorry you're still struggling with the loss of your mother. What a nice thing you and your sisters did last night. Would you like to share with us some of the things that you miss so much?

Jeanette....Good sub for Kenpo, especially when you're not feeling very well. I hope you feel better soon. LOL about flinging the cheese. At least you're willing to make the effort to get it there. The reason I'm happy to give you the Christi tape is because I just couldn't get the footwork down, and I'm not willing to take the time to learn it. It seems to be the trickiest of all the ones I have. I have 6 of her other workouts that I've managed to figure out; no need to add more. I rarely do them, so they all stay feeling pretty fresh. Don't get me wrong, when I look for a Cathe step-alternative, I'm happy to go to Christi. But this tape has sat here, unused, for at least 2 years. I'm happy to give it to a good home :)

Laurie....Good morning. I think you made a wise decision yesterday to skip the workout. When you're body's working to recover from a bug like that, exercise can only stress it out more. Darn those men!!! Sandra Wants Candy!!!

Carol....You're back! I'll be joining you with Eion tomorrow. I'm going to do Strong, Free & Happy.

As I was doing my workout this morning, another quaint expression popped in my head, and I thought of telling you all. Now I can't remember what it was. I'll report back if I think of it.

It's grocery shopping day, so I'd better go. I'll check back this afternoon to see what the opinions are re: Xmas dinner and head lice situation.

Cheers!
Sandra

Tracie: Hope you had a wonderful time:) Go for Drill Max, just me .02cents

Sandra: Wow! Your workout today was nice, as usual ;)

Carol: you do have a full week ahead. I’m glad you starting to feel like yourself:D

Swifty: Okay what's going on, where the heck have you been? Always good too hear from you:)

YogaX

I'm still doing the recovery week but I have to mix up the days because of the sick boys. I still have #1 home from school and #3 is wheezing and coughing up a storm. I may have to take him to the Dr. because it sounds pretty deep in his lungs. He sounds like he has asthma.

DH is being a poo and I'm so sick of it. He's acting like a 5 year old. He wants to get the boys a motorcycle for Christmas and I said no way! He is pouting and ignoring me now. Won't even acknowledge me}x They are too young and it costs too much. He said he'll pay for it with the money from his second job but I said no dice. DH has a long history with motorcycles and racing. He has been seriously injured 3 times and I asked him to stop once we had kids. I don't want the whole cycle to start again. I know he'll want one too but I have no interest in him losing his job because of an injury. Ok, that's my rant.

GB house on hold for roofing supplies and since the boys are sick I haven't been able to get out. We want to be done by Saturday so I'll take pictures then and share them.

Swifty, So glad to see you pop in this morning! Sounds like you are stressed a bit. Christmas is almost here and you'll have a fun break. I'm sure your head will clear after all of the bustling and you'll get the info you need from studying. Have a Merry Christmas!

Tracy, So sorry you lost your post again:( Hope all is well in your world:)

Traci-X, Oh, have fun with your GF today at the festival! I'm glad you get to get out and do girl things and get away from the frustrations of the Internet. LOL, isn't it funny how many "new and exciting" diet books we accumulate? I probably have 20 of those sitting in my cabinet. Maybe when the boys are grown I'll use them:p Unfortunately DH and my night out turned into a fight about stupid motorcycles and a discussion that I baby my boys. If you saw me with them you'd know that was so not true!

Sandra, Glad you brought it even on a Wednesday:) This week is just sludging by isn't it? I'm ready for Friday! The boys get out at 11:30 on Friday:D Honestly, I would go for dinner and leave promptly. Also, have the girls wear head beanies:) Just tell her with the last bout you do not want to go through that again. I'm sure she'll understand. I know Debra will tell you to run for the hills:) I'm going to order the Thrive Diet book after Christmas and i'll let you know what I think. It appears to be vegetarian with fish exceptions and it talks about what to eat before and after a workout. There are good excerpts from it on Amazon.

Debra, Sounds like we're having the same weather. I was hoping to go out today but with sick kids and drizzle, I think not. I actually had to go pick up medicine from the store on the way home from taking #2 to school. I have never gone into a store without some makeup on so today was a ground breaker for me:p So you're doing errands for CB, huh? Sounds serious;) The beach and a cozy fireplace sounds nice too. Either way I think you'll have fun. Tell Eoin I said hi:D

Jeanette, Bummer you're not feeling well:( I hope it passes quickly and you feel 100% by Christmas. Where is your sister coming from? I hope too the snow will not interfere. We are getting the tail end of that storm but it's not cold enough to give us any snow. The Island was pretty good. Maybe you can rent it one day and finish watching it. "When Harry Met Sally" is a good one too. I haven't seen that in a while. Look at the Amazon excerpts from the Thrive Diet. It was recommended in my Clean Eating mag so it pertains to working out and eating well. Looks interesting, I'll let you know.

Latrese, I'm glad you were able to share good memories with your sister last night. I hope it helped you feel good. The 2 lbs. are normal this time of year but remember, as fast as you gained it, you can lose it.

Laurie, I'm glad to hear you're feeling better even if it's not 100%. Tell your DD have fun doing the plays this weekend! Sounds like it will be a family affair:) Key Lime tarts? Yummy:9 Way to go getting first for them! You'll have to share the recipe. Just a few little things to get for Christmas and we'll be done:D I'll pray your DD's and sister stay safe driving in the weather.

Carol, With DS's all sick, I know what you're going through. This is a nasty, lingering cough:( You're determined to do doubles during Christmas! You are going to be a busy girl this weekend. Hope everyone stays well. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Off to nurse:p

Nicole

Bring it!!!

070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Back again....still no workout done...but..the Christmas cards are FINALLY 100% complete..so that is a good thing!! Bathrooms are also clean...Plus a few other errands run...plus lunch with CB...DD at my mom's...and a nap! The only thing I have left is yoga with Eoin..WooHoo! CB decided he wanted to go somewhere else for dinner tonight...Those darn transgenders always changing their minds! So now we are headed to a wine bar the next town over...Apparently I was a lot of fun to be with after the last wine bar experience...LOL!

Personals.....

Nicole....
So sorry to hear about all of you sick babies....And you demented DH as well!! No motorcycles for children under the age of 13...at least!!! No, no, NO!! I am sorry he is pouting and acting like a child, though. That is no fun. Tell him you won't help with the darn GB house anymore if he is going to act that way!! LOL about not going in places without makeup...I almost never wear makeup unless I am going out to dinner...and obviously I don't have a problem going out in public with my jammies. I went to visit CB at work with my workout clothes on today..which normally I never do...but since I had already taken a nap in my yoga clothes, I didn't see any point in changing just to run errands!

Sandra...
Tough call on the lice....I completely remember the total he!! you went through last year!! I guess I would probably go and eat...and skeedaddle out pretty quick after...and just explain to your friend...I am sure she will understand...I certainly would....Can you use the lice shampoo before you go and then right after you get home to maybe stave them off??? If you decide to stay home...I would do a pork roast for your dinner...Nice without being too expensive. Sounds like you had a nice workout this morning. I'm not depressed...I'm not staying up overly late....The days I have needed naps are after nights I haven't even seen CB...I don't think the naps are creating more tiredness...I am starting to think it is the slow heavy weight work. I am even sleeping through the night without waking up at all...not my normal habit. I have always been a napper, but the past couple of days have been different...Just exhausted in the morning...and then after my nap, I feel great! No, I'm not pregnant...just finished my period and I am diligent about birth control. Any other thoughts??? I love the Polar Express movie...I just figured Tracy wouldn't want to watch that! The book is a lot shorter...I actually can't read it out loud to DD since I cry at the last page every time...LOL! Yes, I am a bit tenderhearted. You Northerners and your games crack me up. Never heard of throwing rocks on the ice and chasing them with brooms. I guess up there you guys will do anything for fun!!! The first time I saw a real ice fishing shanty in Minnesota I felt like I was in the movie 'Grumpy Old Men'!

Okay...back in a minute to finish up personals from this morning...

Debra

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Okay back with the rest of personals...I am trying to install a web cam at the same time...so I hope I don't lose them!

Teddygirl...
Sounds like you grew up in a loving and busy house! I know the holidays make you miss all of that.

Carol....Hi there! Sorry you are still fighting that cold. I guess it is good it is recovery week for you...that way you will be ready to bring it next week for doubles! The final dates on the Xer retreat are April 4-6. Let us know if that works out for you. Maybe my tiredness is due to the time of year...I still sleep a lot in the summer too...I just get to sleep later in the morning since DD is not in school...LOL!

Back in a minute...I have to restart my computer...

Debra

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Good afternoon,

I have to concede that the Xer germ has gotten me. My sinuses are filling up, my throat is tender, and I'm very tired. The kids have been hacking for at least the past week, so I guess it's finally my turn. I knew I was done in when I bought a bag of potato chips while grocery shopping, and made that my lunch. I told myself I was buying them for a Xmas Eve treat, but my hands had no willpower when I was about to put them in the cupboard. It's a rare occasion when I buy a bag of potato chips. When I go out of my way to buy them, as I did today, it's a sure sign that something else has taken over my body. For some reason my germs always seem to want to feast on greasy, salty foods. Or is the body just trying to import extra calories to provide it with the energy it needs to fight the good fight?

Nicole....Yes, this week feels long. My DD has a full day on Friday, and I have no plans for that day, so I think the whole day will just feel like one long wait for her to get home. I hate those days. Boy am I with you on the No Motorcycle rule!!!! Stay strong and don't let DH guilt you into conceding. And I agree with Debra: go on GB house-building strike if need be. I like your new Meez, btw.

Debra....Oh YAY on getting the cards done!!!! Aren't you just going hot diggity dog today! Ahhhh, dessert with Eion. Excellent. I think I'll dab the kids hairlines with Tea Tree oil before I go to the friend's house. That's supposed to be a deterent for the miserable creatures. Thanks for reminding me that I have that. Ah, the weight work might indeed account for the tiredness. Work hard, rest hard, right? I've never read the actual Polar Express book. I'll have to do that, to see why it makes you cry. Never even heard of curling???? Really?? It's shuffleboard on ice, I think. At the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics the matches between the Canadian/USA teams were high drama on our tvs. We won, btw :) You never returned to your personals. Did your system get all confused by the addition of the camera? Or are you constructing your new "Bored Housewife" Deb-cam webpage? And can we subscribe for free? ;)

I will probably end up doing as Nicole and Debra suggest: go for dinner, but keep it short and sweet. DD#1 is fully cognizant of the miseries of lice, so I know she'll cooperate if I tell her not to get too close to the other kids. Thanks for the suggestions!

Sandra

Good Wednesday evening,
Had a bit of a droopy morning, but started feeling very good this afternoon. Decided to go ahead and do the Garage Boys spin session. We did a Carmichael Training System DVD with intervals for a total of 60 minutes for me. The fellas were still going at it, but it was enough for me. You know the 60 minute rule. Anyways, I'm feeling great so hope I've dodge the cold bullet for a while longer.

We had our "build your own burrito" feast at work. I didn't go too overboard with that, but had plenty of cake and cookies afterwards. Oh well, do your best and forget... I don't think I did too much damage and the spin session didn't hurt me any either.

Laurie, hoping you've turned a corner on your little bug. How did the hair turn out? Mine already feels like it needs a trim. Think I go right after the first of the new year. Hope the dress rehearsals went well. My 3 other sisters were always very involved in drama during high school and beyond. For some reason, I never got involved, except as a child I was the doormouse in Alice in Wonderland. What a great present from your Maintenance friend. Sounds perfect.

Carol, so glad when I read your post this morning. Nice that the cough is subsiding. I just hate coughs. Isn't it awful when you are in a meeting or around a group and you have a coughing attack and have to leave the room? This is a busy time of year for you. Hope you enjoyed Kickmax today. I just didn't have a lot of oooomph to put into it this morning.

Latrese, thank you for sharing about your parents and family. You were very blessed to have them :7. Made me smile to read about them.

Sandra, oh no, not the lice thing again :eek: . Seems like it took a very long time to get rid of them. Yep, I'd probably just come late, eat fast and skedaddle out. Up in your cold country, you'd think those lice wouldn't live through the winter. Heck, we don't even have fleas up here in northern California as they don't survive the cold. I'm sure your friend will understand. I'm looking forward to the Christi tape. Thanks again. Has the Bryan Kest yoga arrived yet? Sorry you are getting sick. Oh those potato chips. Those have been my downfall in these past months. DH likes to buy Kettle Chips and I love to shove my hand into the bag. I've never seen Polar Express yet, or don't remember if I've seen it. Now that I'm not getting Netflix any more, it won't be as easy to order movies that you all suggest.

Nicole, so sorry about the fight with DH. I think I'd be on a GB building strike too. My DH and I are the type that if we're mad, we're mad and not going to do anything together. Thank goodness it doesn't happen very often. Yep, I think your kids are pretty young for the motorcycles. There is plenty of time for that later on. I always wished my son would have done fly-tying or golf or chess club instead of motocross. I certainly can understand your concern for your DH getting into it again. My sister is driving up from Atascadero (by San Luis Obispo). Think she will be here from Tuesday until Saturday. I'm hoping we can work out together while she's here, but not sure she'll want to get up as early as I do to do that. She didn't when we were here before. She isn't "hooked" on exercising like I am and struggles with consistency. In fact, she hasn't checked in with me for the past 2 days. Hope she's not gone off track. Thanks for the well wishes that my sickness gets better. Maybe it worked because I feel pretty darned good tonite.

Debra, glad you got those Christmas cards done today. Bet you had a fabulous time at the wine bar with your CB. Do you have the web cam up yet? Glad you posted the Retreat dates for Carol as I wasn't sure.
Did you get your yoga in? I think I will have some Eoin sometime this week. I haven't done any of his yet since starting the X again.

Must get to bed as it's after 10.

Night,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.