Cathlete
Happy Happy Wednesday Xers!

`````````````````````````````````````````````
Moderate Weights Day (day 24)

~Morning: KPC/LG High Step Circuit
~Mid Day: Back PUB x2 + BM1
~Evening: Walk 30 min

`````````````````````````````````````````````
Can I do a question of the day????? Sarge SandraX might do one too…. OK Here’s mine~~~~~~~~~~

What famous person have you been told you look like at some point in your life? And/or who do YOU think you look like if you HAD to describe yourself to someone?

Boy are my triceps feeling yesterday! WooHoo…. Triceps are my trouble spot as I have a dog of a time isolating them for some reason.

Getting right to yesterdays personals or it wont happen today..Chatty chicks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Debra X
You first!!! Since I am only jumping on-line once a day currently I do not want to miss you before you exit the building! {{{{{{{ Family }}}}}} I hope & pray that your new journey brings you all the love, happiness & joy that you deserve and desire. I love new beginnings like a big move- embrace the changes along the way. You are one special lady and I cannot wait to have the Xer First Annual Party at your new place!!!! Can’t wait to see a pic of you & best gal pal!! We all have a clone I hear! OBVIOUSLY!!! Sandra/Angelina…. Debra/ Eva….. Me / Meg Ryan heheheheheeheh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sandra X
What a workout yesterday after BM2! Sometimes I wonder if I am “giving too much” or just not as fit as I think I am when I see how rotations are put together. After BM2 my legs are just plain fried – With LowMax my booty and outer thighs are always so very sore!
ROF about TMI on bay house lovin’! No female friends at all down there… There is one couple we know from Houston that have a place 4 houses down – The guys fish together but the wife & I both like our quiet time so we usually just do 1 dinner together every month or so to celebrate birthdays/anniversaries. Lea did indeed get her spa time in and loved it! I hope she pops back in one day to share the experience. I am planning on going to the same spa in Austin TX for my birthday next year. ROFL on CC!!!!!! Cant decide? BUY ALL! What a philosophy!!! I agree with Jeanette on the 45 minute one…. CC3 is a blast! Yesterdays QOD: Bugs….. I actually do this fairly often as my mouth is always open! I usually take a deep inhale and get some type of critter in my throat! LOLOLOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Jeanette X
So sorry about the weather! You just go from one extreme to another out there! No mention of rain? Oh I hope it won’t be a fire ridden season. I do hope you warm up that tootsies today! Cold feet and hands make me CRAZY! Congrats on whipping out yet another newsletter! I always find my writing is very creative until I HAVE to do it- then I get writers block! I do indeed like modifying workouts to my cycle. I am giving it one more month and then seeing if I need to shift moderate & lite days just a bit. My body needs less intensity about 3 days before and 3 days once I’ve started – that’s just a tad off from the baseline program. It doesn’t change which workouts I select just the amount of weight I lift and the duration. I might throw in Step Blast but only do 30 minutes- that kind of thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Wendy (aren’t you EVER gonna be an X!?) hehehehehehe
Just messin’ with ya! If you didn’t spend so much time at HD in a huff then you could crank out 2 workouts a day and just be there already! Lets call Tony and see what he thinks about that one! OH YEAH- another good Samaritan in our midst! Hope paperwork/eval got completed! We need to learn from SandraX how to get a To Do List (TDL) completed daily!!! LOL on Lea- We talk nearly everyday- sometimes too much! I tend to email her when I am procrastinating on my TDL!! She is a wonderful person and I value the time I get to spend chatting with her! * Get Pyramids + GS! REALLY – They are probably the 2 must have strength from Cathe imo. I’ve had incredible results from both and if you don’t have SH you can always do GS on a slow count – the diversity of them is a MUST! Both can really SHOCK your system after doing an X rotation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Nicole
Ok I am officially having the HEEBIE-JEEBIES!!!!!!!! The beetle story takes the winning prize for bug stories! YUK YUK YUK!!!!!!!
I am so sorry about your bloat/thyroid. That pesky thing sure can make our lives difficult!!!! It is possible that the X has put a new level of strain on your body…. I agree that your recovery week is very much needed. Take care and rest if you need to.
Well theres a hidden talent- A hardware store chick! OMG my DH would just fall in love & leave me for sure!
SH- I find it BORING but I find ALL workouts boring! LOL… I LOVE doing 1 part per day – regardless of series – It makes my shoulders the envy of every lifter in Houston! (ok- maybe that’s an exaggeration!) ANYWAY… You’ll LOVE them- Results baby!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Amy
So happy the MRI is done and the results are just a few days away… I think we are alike- Just tell me what I’m dealing with and I can handle it- the unknown freaks me out with injuries. Hope you got to go out to dinner, work those legs AND get some sleep! LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TeddyGirl
So what made you go back to tracking food? I thought you were pleased with your results thus far? What’s going on…. Does it make you stop eating those chocolate bars???? BTW- Is Sean who you were walking with last week? PS & GS will be a GREAT rotation! I love doing 2 ! Will you be doing them as produced and alternating them?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Cheryl
Welcome Home!!!! Hope the travels were fruitful! Is that book by Beck the one written by a personal coach? Its more about changing thinking than a “what to eat” kind of thing? I’ve got Firm it Up on for Friday myself! I swear that’s one of the finest leg defining workouts on my shelf! I LOVE what that one does. CONGRATS on the clean eating- I’m having a good week myself… I’m trying to derail any ttom cravings by flushing out my system… so far so good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Laurie X
Week 9? OMG girl you are just about completed AGAIN!!!! What will we do to celebrate your victory of mind over matter? A call from Tony perhaps? A visit from Dreya? Lest see what we can cook up! Oh my- you said StrikeZone and now I want to change todays workout! LOLOL…. Maybe I’ll do StrikeZone and the segments of L&G from The KPC/HSC ???? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I bet you’d be a FABULOUS cook given the time! Its such an escape for me! I love cooking for hours on end… Hope your week calms just a tad!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tracy X
I think you are trying to take the prize for busiest Xer! When will it let up for summer? I sure hope you get some time off! Will you and family vacation at all?

All caught up I do believe! You ladies have a fabulous day- stay safe, healthy & strong!
:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

Hey Traci,

I took a break to recover from writing cramps. Last week, I decided to combine all the girls daily logs into one log book. Good grief! What made me want to do something that crazy??? I had to start back at Day One. I'm only on Day 100 out of 180. I still have 6 more hours till we have to leave for the evaluation! LOL How's that's for procrastinating. I HATE red tape paperwork. I can't wait until the girls are old enough and mature enough to fill in their own daily logs. Hopefully, they'll do it daily. Once this evaluation is finished, I can concentrate on getting C&B done.

Yep, that's right! It didn't get done last night. I was putting together a beautiful portfolio. I know I said I wouldn't. I know I was going to see if I could get away with throwing samples of their school work into a manilla folder. Well, I couldn't help myself. They had so many cute pictures of science projects, history timeline, field trips, music recitals, and certificates of completed outside coursework. I just had to show it off to someone!!!! LOL

Someone RESCUE me from myself!

Back I go to Day?? in the daily log. :-(

I need a ballistic hug!
Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

If you haven't guessed it, I stayed up all night trying to finish this procrastinating mess. The evaluator best pass me or I'll be seeing Jeanette real soon at her work!}( }( }(

sigh
Wendy

Hi all,

Yesterday was an interval run and then a mixture of Shiva segments. Yes, I will be a pretzel soon, at least in my upper body. Lower still needs some work, but I do see gains. I can now get into double pigeon, right after my back injury my left hip was so tight that if I tried to get into double pigeon, my knee would have been pointing straight up to the ceiling. DH is finally finished helping coach high school baseball, and now home evry afternoon. He's sort of complaining about my workout time, but tough sh*!. They are supposed to come and fix the AC tomorrow. It seems that something slipped through the cracks.

Please ignore and typos, I didn't put this in Word first:)

Traci - I would have so much DOMS if I was doing your upper body part workouts. They should get you to the next level. I'm still very happy with what the consistent yoga is doing for my upper body and core. My legs are looking pretty toned too, but more of a leaner look. That's probably because of using lighter weights, but I have no choice on that one. I work 11 months, so I only get a month or so off in the summer. Yes we plan to camp and travel most of that month. I can't wait.

Sandra - Now I need to go check out the CCs. They've been on my list for a while. Have you done any of the fluid dvd yet? If you go to the matrix, a fun sequence is the first three segments under the hip openers. I just love that sun salutation with the lunges and half planks. It's quite challenging and fun! I zip as much as I can throughout the day and especially when I am working out. Try it during your run. I read where runners sometimes develop a pooch in the lower abs because of the angle of the hips, so be mindful of that and zip that area. It has really strengthened mine. I always think of Shiva and she says something like your lower belly is leaking, which is a nice way of saying pooching out!

Wendy - We have been doing an addition to our house for the last 6 years, on a budget of course. DH and his ADHD did not make the process simple. We are left with just the kitchen cabinets. It's been worth it though. We spend so much time in the kitchen/family room, that is all connected now. It is great.

Amy - Well, at least you are just waiting to here about the status of tissue and not the big C. That is always difficult.

Laurie - You are almost there.

Cheryl - Congrats on the clean eating. Once you make it a lifestyle it gets easier, well it did for me.

Teddygirl - I always wonder whether I should get PS. I have S&H on video and would like to get it on DVD. Maybe sometime. Are you going to do the legs too, as produced?

Nicole - Sorry about the bloating. Can you link it to any particular food consumption? I know that at certain times of the month I crave exactly what will make me bloat. It's always better in the summer because I can get out and really get a good sweat going. Try icing the back and couple of times a day and the break from ARX will probably help. That one is tough on the lower back. I've found things that are just as effective and not nearly such a strain to the body.

Jeanette - Smart move not riding in the crummy weather. I won't go again when it is windy. It's just no fun. Dh is getting tired of the project? Mine does to usually and that's why we have so many things that are almost, but not quite finished.

That's all of the time I have.

Tracy

PS. Wendy - I can't hardly beg anyone here to go to Home Depot anymore. It really is like torture. They never seem to have everything you want and no one seems to know anything. I'm not sure how they still are doing well, except lack of competition.

Tracy

PS. Wendy - I can't hardly beg anyone here to go to Home Depot anymore. It really is like torture. They never seem to have everything you want and no one seems to know anything. I'm not sure how they still are doing well, except lack of competition.

Tracy

Forgot to answer the ? of the Day.

My BF from HS told me that some girl from Highschool Musical looked like me. I've never watched HS Musical. About 7 years ago, some girl from Villanova University told me that I looked like Tia ?? (the chick from the old M&M commerical who flirts with one of the M&M's and then eats it) That's the only thing I ever seen her on. I think she was on Wayne's World. I never saw that though. Shoot! I don't know if I even have her name right. I'm sleep deprived. In an hour, I'll be thinking I look like Mia ?? (Woody Allen's ex) instead of Tia. And! NO!!! I do NOT look like Woody Allen's child/daughter bride. GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind is wandering to baaaaddd places. Best stop lollygagging and get back to it!

Wendy

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph3/Wk9/Day7/Rnd2
Workout: StretchX

Our four legged house guest woke me up at 3 this morning. She was disturbed by the CO2 Detector. Of course it was only because it needed a battery, but I still gave her a treat. The one thing I miss about not having a dog. I think she sleeps all day so she can stay up at night to protect.

We had temps in the 40's last night, so that made playing volleyball miserable until you warmed up. We had to play a double header, so that was a total of 6 games. Our first match we lost 2-1, but the second we won 2-1. The only good thing about playing last night was my feet where exfoliated, because of the sand. :7 It seems like all the teams we play against are in their 20's. We consoled ourselves on our loss with the fact that we are in our 40's and only play with 4 people. :) Works for us. I woke up with a scratchy throat, so I hope I avoid a cold.

Tracy, I still can't believe that I'm on the final journey with the X. I really like the weight workouts because of the sequencing. Going to be hard for me to go to something else. :)

Traci, Boy your question of the day is tough. A friend of ours said I looked like Ally Sheedy. I can see it, but our mouth shape is different. And of course the fact that I wear glasses makes me hesitate to agree. :D

Wendy, Good luck on the eval. Can't even imagine staying up so late. :)

Sandra, I have consumed some bugs in my day. And that may be due to the fact that I have a big mouth, they can't help but fly in. :7 Usually it is a mosquito, they are all over the place.

Need to check out some more posts from yesterday,

Laurie

Morning,

Today was GS Triceps, added on 5 blasts of the Imax2 Blast only premix, and then the abs from Cardio & Weights. This was a fun workout for 60 minutes. House is cold this morning so blasts helped warm me up. Should be warmer today so will try to get a bike ride in tonite.

Traci, don't think I resemble anyone famous or at least have never been told so. We did get a bit of rain but not much to even measure, just enough along with the wind to make me not even want to go outside. Way to go on staying focused and analyzing what works for you according to your cycle.

Wendy, you have so much energy, I really do admire that you aren't afraid to jump into a big project. Me, I'm the lazy one and think, hmmmm, how will this impact my free time. Is it worth it? Now if I absolutely have to do something, I will. Like this hearth and tile wall, we will need the woodstove by fall so that will light a fire under us, otherwise, we'd be out in the woods or doing some other unproductive thing. Good thing DH and I are pretty similar in our goals. Bet the portfolio is beautiful. Hope your girls look back and appreciate what a great mom they have. Hope they won't have to write to you in prison LOL! I can see you now asking the cooks if we can have cheesecake at chow, and producing the recipe too.

Tracy, good job on the yoga. You have really focused on it and I can tell you enjoy it a lot. I was thinking of you because I had a leetle hitch in my getalong this morning. Decided not to do back work this morning and opted for triceps instead. After doing Imax2 blasts, that hitch is gone. Hope it stays away, but I've had this thing before and it only lasts a day or two. What, you haven't tried the Cardio Coach workouts? I don't know of too many people who don't find them motivating and great for breaking the boredom. Even Michelle on the Cardio Haters thread LOVES, LOVES, LOVES Sean and Cardio Coach on her eliptical. Oh yeah, I was also thinking of you while doing my abwork this morning on Cardio & Weights, zip, zip, zip. It really isn't fun to ride in the wind, unless, of course, it's a tailwind. I just have to repeat "the wind is my friend". A cold wind with rain, no can do. Don't think DH is tired of the project yet, he had to put shocks on his little pickup truck so he didn't get to replace the sheetrock yesterday, plus I wasn't out there with my whip.

Laurie, sorry you got woke up, but sounds like the dog did a good thing. Nice for you to give it a treat. I probably would have neglected that part and been groggy for being woke up. Way to go on the volleyball game, at least you guys won one of the games. Bet the sand really shapes the legs up. Sending good vibes that a cold doesn't develop. I don't know how many times I've woken up like that this year, but so far nothing. I find that when the wind kicks up or the weather changes, I get a bit of the scratchy throat thing.

Hi to everyone else that posts later.

Jeanette

Hi gang,

I Stepped, Jumped and Pumped this morning. For a workout that starts out so mildly, I'm always surprised at how thoroughly worked out I feel by the end.

I have to go grocery shopping right away, so will be back later for personals.

TraciX - No one. I've never been told I look like a well-known person, except by DebraX, who is my new best friend.

BBL!
SandraX

Hi to all....You ladies are just up too early for me!!!! What is wrong with you...do you ever sleep? I am planning on taking the pooch out for a walk today for my light cardio...and then I have some chores to do around the house while I watch the packers pack...which is about as exciting as watching paint dry.

And besides Eva (thank you dear Sandra), the only person I have been told I look like is Sherry Stringfield from ER....back before she gained the weight...when she was on ER the first time back in the 90's. Of course, you'll never know, because apparently there are no known pictures of me.

back later for personals...gotta do my chores and then I can play on the computer.

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Afternoon,

Jeanette: PS series has always been one of my favorites, however, if you have the GS series I wouldn’t invest in the PS they are basically the same, to me. You can always, watch the preview and go from there.

TracieX: hey you! Your girl is not having a good day. Money issues, car issues, medical bills issues, need I say more. My car stopped on me this morning ARGH…. got to get it fix and toll, blah.. blah.. blah. But, to answer your ? I plan to use the PS and GS together. Yes, I’m pleases with my results there's MUCH room for improvements.

Last night, I did Strong Legs no abs I just couldn't get into the workout wasn’t a good evening for me. Sis, been in hospital since last Thursday, car problem and so on. Not having a good day.

Let’s see, workout tonight, hm….not sure if any, I’m having my own prrvate pity party, ttyl

Teddygirl~

LOLOLOL You are too funny! I do NOT look like that girl! And that's NO Meg Ryan! ROTF!

Be back after the evaluation for personals. It doesn't look too good. I took a quick cat nap. Woke up and finished the log. I just wrote down what curriculum we used towards the end without page numbers or assignment numbers. Then to top it all off, my printer isn't working. So, I'm not bringing a requested book list. I'm not writing one for her either. I may have to remind her that I'm paying her for a service. LOL Let her look in the LOG I spent all night composing!!!! I have the blisters to prove it!

I might see Jeanette afterall. Hope the cooks are as easy as Phil. Maybe, they'll make me some CC. }(

Wendy

O.k. y'all, the bug in my ear did gross me out and gave me the willies! It was in my inner ear so it messed with my equalibriam and I couldn't even drive myself to the doctor.
I am so glad I have all of you to keep me encouraged and motivated. Today did not start out well because I got on the scale. I wanted a point to start at before vacation to see if things change when I return. It was up again!!! I am getting really discouraged and down but trying to lift myself out of the gutter. I try so hard for what seems to be nothing. I eat my protein oatmeal, my low-fat meals and refrain from anything but small desserts here and there and this is what I get. I hope that a vacation break will shock my body and cause the weight to drop off once again. I am up 10 lbs. from my lowest and I have tried so hard to not get to this point of despair again. I am not the person I know I can be when I feel good about myself. How much harder do I want to work? I have a family and a life and this cannot be all that it is. Thanks for listening;)

Jeanette, He rides a Trek bike. What timing you have, taking out the stove when a cold spell comes out of the blue. Hope you get your bike ride in tonight! The pictures of your ride are nice. I especially like the definition on the arms of the guy in front of you:):p Beautiful mountain setting!

Traci-X, In answer to your question of the day, I have been told tons of times that I look like Steve's girlfriend Clare, from 90210 back in the day. Her real name is Kathleen Robertson. I worked in the contractor's office at a lumber yard for 2 years and I had a lot of contractors tell me I looked like her. I had to wonder what middle aged men were doing watching BH 90210:) I'll let you know how S&H works for me after the X:) You should write a rotation with all of your creativity! LOL, love "Debra's" pics. And your's as well!

Wendy, Your childrens education definitely comes before C&B. The evaluation will soon be over and life will return to normal:)

Tracy, Isn't it funny how our DH can enjoy the results but complain about the method:p I agree that ARX is part of the problem. I don't have to do it for another week, so we'll see.

Laurie, Beach volleyball, fun! My sister used to play in high school and she was in really good shape because of it. She was always bigger so I know it was the volleyball.

SandraX, I've only done the cardio premix of SJ&P and Step Blast mixed. It was a lot of fun from what I can remember, it was so long ago:)

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Private Pity Party is overx( :) just gotta do whatcha gotta do, right?

Okay, thought about my workout for this evening, right about now I’m in a cardio mood. Thinking either KPC :D or Low max. Hopefully, when finished the weather hold out and I can get a good hour walk in.

SandraX: Never did SJ&P, keep saying I'm gonna try it but always forget about it till its mentioned.

I found this by Amy, this looks interesting. I really like how she put it together.

Crazy for Step by Charlene Prickett

Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders Triceps plus the Timesaver from Gym Style Chest, Shoulders & Biceps.

Kick, Punch, and Crunch

Pure Strength Back, Biceps, Abs with Gym Style Triceps and Chest Timesaver

Mega Step Blast with Low Impact Circuit cardio add-on

Pure Strength Strong Legs and Abs with Butts and Guts Bonus Footage.

Hey, Ladies!

Well, I got my butt out of bed early and went to the gym for that kickboxing class with my friend. It was fun, but NOT Cathe!! I clocked just over 700 cals burned, though! I also joined the gym (all female) for $20/month. I want to use the heavy weight machines, like the Smith machine as well as a couple classes a week. I figured that the non-membership classes cost $10 each, so 2 classes a month would pay for my membership. I liked the facilities as well and they open up at 0500 (not that I will ever be there that early) so their hours are nice.

QOD- I have actually been told by several people that I look like Princess Diana. I especially did, and could actually see it myself when I sat for my Senior pictures for high school.

Dinner last night was a no-go. She never called, but then again, I wasn't really expecting it because her bf left today to back out to the oil rigs for 28 days. I know that they needed their 'alone' time. I never did a workout, either, but it's not like I didn't work my butt off this week....my HRM had me at over 3000 cals for the week! I need to shower, I am still stinky from the kickboxing....half the fun was watching the people who have no idea what they were doing. I was continually thankful for having learned from Cathe in the privacy of my own home!!!

Quick pit stop gang- Wanted to get back to TeddyGirl & Nicole!!!

Big hugs to both our gals in a funk....

TeddyGirl: Life is giving you some smacks for sure right now... Go with the flow- resistance is sometimes the cause of stress. It is what it is.... You are passing thru the storm NOT stuck in it! As far as your sis... BIG PRAYERS coming your way!!!

Nicole:
Same to you! Go with the flow here and consider a few things ....

FIRST: You didnt mention measurements... Thats the # to look at as you are in final phase ie: MAJOR muscle growth!!! Are you going by the same pair of pants each week? Are they tighter- looser- the same?

Second: Is your low fat diet exluding healthy fats? When I do that AND workout hard I cannot release fat... Almonds, Natural PB, Avocados, EVOO, Flax Oil, Milled Flaxseed.... ARE YOU EATING ENOUGH CALORIES?????

Third: Are you hydrating more as the weather is warmer + all the sweating you do in workouts? Dehydration causes you to retain fluids

Fourth: YES- Recovery week + eating more will probably cause the scale to go downward!! I bet you arent eating enough clean foods... LowFat generally includes processed- that can be hard for your body to process while its trying to work so hard for you right now

Fifth:STAY OFF THE SCALE until final recovery week- PLEEEEEZE!

Finally: We all have been EXACTLY where you are! Dont despair & DONT start working out harder.... You are doing a very challenging program and your body IS reacting - thats a good thing - we just need to figure out what its trying to tell you it needs.

{{{{{{{{{to all Xers!}}}}}}}}}}

Thanks Traci, I hate being in a funk, it's so not me. I eat about 45 grams of fat a day which sounds like a lot but if I don't count I know it can be twice that. I take my EFA's everyday and do not eat lots of processed junk food, but most of my food is pre-made. Be it Lean Cuisine or South Beach I have a hang up with what's convenient. I need to eat more vegis and fruit and lean protein. I have eaten the same from day one and that's why I get mad. I figure it worked before, why not now? My body is so used to the daily plan it doesn't care anymore, that's what I figure. One day I'll get to a point where I don't try so hard and I bet I'll settle in to my God given size. Until then, I'm gonna bust my butt trying:)

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.