Xers: Happy NYE- Toasting to 2008!

teddy16410

Cathlete
HOORAY!!! Just a few hours away before the bad karma month is over!!!! ZIPPITY!:7 :7 Happy Good NYE Day Xers!
I like Jeanette "am hoping" to restart week 5 today but that depends on our go home schedule ..... All I know for certain is we will be feasting on fresh oysters & duck come NY Day as DH had a successful hunting trip & we got a pint of fresh oysters just before they sold out at our fresh bait camp.... I do love living on the gulf (well at least on the wekends)....

I am so ready to get back home and continue with some normalcy... I know from experience that I cant complete the grieving process hidden away - ya just gotta go thru it and I need to do that in Houston.... Our neighbors / friends here at the bay arrived yesterday so we exchanged some little Xmas gifts & broke the sad Sandy news... They are about 10 yrs older than us and love their dogs as children too.... the first year DH & were together they lost their beloved "Liquor" she was 13. It was like all that pain came back yesterday - I guess you never truely "get over" it.

We will have the above mentioned neighbors go with us to the nursery in spring to pick out Sandys Tree... They are organic gardeners down here so we need their expertise on this... Many varieties cant tolerate the salt air & high winds we get plus extreme heat with only weekly watering.... They'll help us plant it as well.

NICOLE
wow & ^5!!! your gb house is unbelievable! what an accomplishment!
xxoo

JEANETTE
Oh I am hoping you got some difinitive news about your DGM! Not knowing is scary at any age... I wonder at times if our Drs go the extra mile to find out & cure us once we pass the american societys idea of usefulness. I do hope you & your family are like bulldogs with the answers. ~ Happy to hear you werent stranded miles away in bad weather yesterday! Go put that pump back!!! Now I'll worry about you with every ride. Being stranded is one of my irrational fears - not sure why as I dont recall it ever happening to a such a dramatic extent... We ran out of gas one time way out in the bay in winter so not many boaters... I freaked out - panic attack almost... DH couldnt believe how I got- he said he's never seen a totally kivckback- go w/ the flow kinda gal FREAK before! Add my claustrophobia on to that and I was MENTAL! lololol xxoo

KIM
So glad you came back!!! I have to laugh as many a person as stopped over & saifd they's be back & we never see them again! LOLOL- I always think that Sandra scares them away as she holds the title of Sargent Sandra! Can ya hear the whip crackin???? ~~ What a "coincidence" about your pet & Xmas Eve! I totally relate to your son!!! Tell me your pet name & when I talk to Sandy at night I'll tell her to look for him/her.... I'm not crazy - I just really believe we can still communicate with those we love. ~~~ On the nutrition... The fisrt time I did X I was so excited I acyually followed clean eating pretty darn strictly (which is 85% to me!) I really saw results at the 6 week mark - that was my most visible change.... I also had about 10 pounds to lose & that was accomplished as well.... This round? Well lets just say I aint expectin' a whole lot so far! Eating- cra*, intensity of workouts- half hearted.... just too much mental garbage with nursing Sandy etc.... I am really going to have to get serious if I want to see ANY results at all this phase. I'd be happy to just get back to where I started! LOLOL
ARX SHOULD be called PITA (pain in the a**) because ya gotta do it 4 TRILLION times!! I think Jeanette, Sandra & Tracy actually did it every time as dictated round one.... NOT I! You will soon learn I am a rebel & I love to venture into new territory! xxoo

DEBRA
Are you fresh & glowing??? That cracked me up!!! Fresh is a signal to DH thats it NOOKIE TIME! LOLOLOL ....Thanks for mentioning Billys BC Abs! I LOVE that one & need to dig it out for a sub for Cardio Core Days! Its so darn effective! Billy is actually how I got my obliques to pop the first time if I recall..... GOOD GIRL getting in a w/o yesterday! ~ Hoping XDH stays in a happy zone and isnt grilling DD about CB.... I always wonder why adults stoop to that level with kids... The one thing I can say about my parents divorce...they made a choice to NEVER allow us kids to see the ugliness... & they never did...... With all their parental pitfalls I will alwys be tjhankful for that. xxoo

SANDRA
Well arent you being pampered like a queen????? Is this why people have children??? I want breakfast in bed!!! LOLOLOL- See how much you are loved & valued?!..... I cannot seem to focus my brain on the workout discussion that you & Tracy had yesterday so I'll just say GO FOR IT! lololol .... I really need to work on my concentration once I'm home. All I can say is that I too have emailed myself some ideas about how to change up this phase based on this weekends discussions. Could ya pass along some of the PMS Power??? I am in my usual PMS Slump Week! My timing sucks! lol & XXOO

TRACY
see post above to Sandra! LOLOLOL.... I think I should pay you to write my personal plan - but then I'd have to actually DO IT wouldnt I??? Hmmmmmmmmmm - could I pay someone to do it too???? LOLOL I PROMISE I will get my head in the game this week! Rather than reach for food when get sad I am going to do walking lunges! ~ UGH- you remided me I have month end + year end family & business books to do! I havent been all that consistent this year so I'll have to back track! Nust be the theme of my life right now- backtracking.....XXOO

Love & Hugs to all & PLEEZE be safe if you are out & about at all today!!!

I'M HOME!!!! :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7
I'm SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :) :)

I LOVE AMERICA!!!!
Gosh! I wanted to kiss the ground when my plane landed on American soil!!!!:+ Almost kissed the cute customs official instead for not confiscating my egg filled baked goods!:7 :+

I NEVER want to be a traveler!!!
GO TOURISTS!!!:p :p :p

I couldn't take being in a third world country anymore. The Crazy Asian is really CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, after being in Thailand for a week, I could see why!:p :7 :7 It's funny cuz it's TRUE!

Okay! Enough about my LAZY self!!!! What the heck is going on over here? Someone give me a report! Details, people!

OH! I did lurk here VERY BRIEFLY over a fake mocha cappuccino during one of my escapes from the Crazy Asian. Anyhow, I see there's going to be an Xer Get Together! HELLO! What? Here, I've been talking about an Xer get together since, I don't know, Day 1/ Round 1, and you guys wait to plan one while I'm held captive by the Crazy Asian in a third world country!!!!! I see what goes on when I'm not here to bully my 2 cents!:p :7

Okay, gotta go heat up my coffee. No, it's not DDCoffee. Can you believe this? DDCoffee tastes too watered down now. Gasp! I need some serious shock therapy!!!

Oh! I worked out only TWICE the entire time I was gone! Although, my legs never looked better as far as cellulite is concerned. Go figure? Back to the grindstone for me. I'll start a round of the X as soon as I get settled back into modern society.

I MISSED YOU Ladies!!!!!

Ballistic HUGS and KISSES to ALL!
Wendy

WENDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG it IS going to be a wonderful New Years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot tell you how much you were missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cried when I got your voicemail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We NEED our lil' CA around here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

Legs feel good and tight after yesterday's workout. I may rethink subbing plyox, who knows.

Today is Shoulders & Arms, some core, and some yoga, plus dismatle Xmas treex and a little more year end accounting stuff. I like Traci procrastinated a little and have to go back and fix some stuff I just put in under miscellaneous. I don't know why I do that, and I'm not doing it this year.

I looked at yesterday's post to catch up, and then saw that only Traci had posted, and who slipped in as I scolled down?

WENDY - So glad you made it back from the 3rd world country in one piece! Do you appreciate home more? Did you miss cyber chatting? Yes you did miss some going on, but of course we are expecting you at the reunion. You can fly, or drive down here and ride with me.

Traci - Maybe focusing on the workouts will relieve some stress. I do better with a routine too. I seem to get more done. Oysters and duck sounds wonderful. We get so little fresh seafood here. I shop at an international market and they have lots of 'fresh' fish, but it sure looks disgusting to me. Would you like for me and Sandra to fab up a workout plan? Then you would have to answer to Sargent Sandra. I swear, the rotation is the way to go if you are ready for results. None of this, oh I don't feel like it today stuff. Only kidding, you surely can fab up your own rotation.

Sandra - I have Amy's ASC2, which is tough, but lots of fun. Then I have of course the Hi/Lo Dome workout, which is great. KB which is great, and then I also bought the original Hi/Lo Extreme, which I haven't even tried yet. It got great reviews though. They all have a little learning curve, but it is so worth the effort. I don't think you will be sorry and it should be just the shock you need to get some results.

Jeanette - I hope DGM gets better. It is so hard when they are in the hospital and all they want to do is go home. You cannot blame them. My one falacy with my riding is that I do not go out prepared to change a flat. I take my cell phone and warn everyone when I leave that I may be calling. Once DS and I start to venture off the bike trail, we'll have to be more prepared. I'm sure one walk back in the clipless shoes and I'll get my act together.

Debra - Glad things are calm. I hope XDH just focuses on DD and not anything else. Yes, I workout about 1.5-2 hours per day. Only because I have to do the yoga. If not, it would be less, but I don't really consider the yoga a workout. It is as much stress relief as anything else. Did you get the new dress/outfit for the wedding crash? That is tonight isn't it or am I mixed up?

Nicole - The GB house looks beautiful!

Kim - Post when you can. We all seem to fluctuate with long and short posts depenidng on what is going on in the real world. Diet is key to getting the best results. Working in a school setting is quite different from what you do. It's probably much more intense since we are talking about peoples' kids. Do you work full or part time? When is your first X day?

I'd better go and try to get something done. Happy New Year's Eve.

Tracy

Classic/ Week 7/ Day 1/ CST; ARX (+ 4DS LIS cardio)

Good morning,

I just spent an hour reading the CanFitPro website, trying to figure out if and how I want to achieve their personal training certification. Someone on the OD forum recommended them. I like what I see so far, but there's lots to absorb. And before I do any of it, I think I'm obligated to get a CPR certification. Also, I'm trying to figure out if I should go the online route, or the workshop route. I also don't know if this certification is "the" one to get for Canada (they make it sound like it is). I suppose I can always collect certifications, couldn't I? I'm feeling quite enthusiastic about it right now.

Wendy!!! Well, colour me surprised!!!! And Super Happy!!! I'm doin' the Happy Dance! I look forward to getting all caught up on your experience. Your family must be thrilled to have you home.

Traci and Tracy, good morning to you! I'm feeling the eye strain from all the internet reading, so I'll return in a while to catch up. Traci, I look forward to your return to normal routine, too. Tracy, thanks for the Amy recs. I'll probably order those three workouts (not the hi/lo extreme.....unless you try it and say it's good :) ).

Since it's getting close to 7am (been up since 5:30), I guess I'm going to be doing my workout mid-morning today. I'm hungry and need to eat breakfast.

Hello to everyone else!
Sandra

Doubles/Phase II/Week V/Day 1
Workout: 30 min run + B&G (standing)

Hi Everyone:)

So much work on my desk, I need to finish what I can before we leave at 12pm. I took off Thursday and Friday. I miss you guys be back when I can:)

Hi gang. And welcome back Wendy. I am so happy that you are back.

I haven't been able to work out for a little while because my whole family has been struck with the stomach flu. Now I just have the flu part that just seems to be lingering and lingering. But today is my youngest DS birthday. He is happy to turn 4. Grandma and grandpa bought him a big boy bed so we were all putting it together last night. It was very comical. You definately need a lot of patience when dealing with a lot of personalities.

I want to wish all of you great Xer gals a very happy and safe New Year's. I can't wait to continue chatting with you guys in 2008.

Lea

Happy NYE Xers!!!

I'm officially back in the land of the healthy now :D :D :D I kicked the cold to the curb and took 2 rest days over the weekend. Unfortunately now, though, DH and youngest DD have it, but the Zicam is helping them out. My hip, while not 100%, is improving. It's still tender, but not as painful. My shoes, however, are officially shot. I have another pair on hand, so they'll be making their debut this week. This morning was 4DS KB cardio only, and this afternoon will be Chest, Shoulders & Tris along with ARX. We're back to homeschooling this week, too, so we have a full schedule ahead. We'll be heading over to a friend's house later on this evening for a low-key get-together, and I hope you all have a fun & safe celebration!!

Wendy -- WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you made it back to us safely!! You'll have to tell us all about it when you're more settled. You should check out my blog some time when you're drinking your jacked-up java: http://xmama.blogspot.com/

Traci-X -- (((HUGS))) I hope you're able to get home back to your normal schedule soon enough.

Lea -- TONS of ~~~~~Get well vibes~~~~~ coming your way. I hope your family gets back on the healthy side very soon!!

Hi to all! I hope you all have a wonderful, fun and safe NY celebration. I hope to be back this afternoon to catch up on weekend posts. Have a great day!

Carol

WENDY.....

The prodigal daughter returns!!!!!!!!!! Yeah! Wendy is safe at home and away from the Crazy Asian! I was sooo happy to see your post this morning! I just started laughing when I saw it. Phil and the rest of the swans must be excited to see you too! When did you get home? How was the trip?? We want all the details of living in a third world country!

Everything is pretty much the same around here...except we have a newbie named Kim who just joined us a couple of days ago...so try not to scare her off! Let's see...Carol has been sick all month, Lea's family has been sick all month, I got the 'L' bomb from CB (his pics are on my trail by the way...password is cbandme), Traci's dear sweet Sandy passed on a few days ago so it has been a tough month for her, Sandra now has wireless and is sitting in her bed chatting with us and being waited on by her DD's, Tracy is still battling the last ounce of fat on her thighs, Swifty has been studying a lot so we haven't seen much of her, Teddygirl has been hunkered down with Ted, Jeanette is still riding her bike and golfing in the cold, Nicole has been making a gingerbread house for what seems like a month, Laurie has been shuttling her kids here there and everywhere, and we are planning an Xer retreat at my house the first weekend of April. I think that should catch you up for now!

Glad to have you home...Hope you didn't catch any dread diseases while you were away. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Okay...back for a regular post now...Just had to dedicate a special welcome back to Wendy. I kind of feel like I am on vacation since DD is with XDH...I slept super late this morning and I have no real responsibilities except making sure the dog and cat are fed and watered (kind of like plants). Anyhoo, I am headed to the mall later to exchange a couple of things and my mom needs some help moving stuff...but other than that I have absolutely nothing to do....well, except workout, of course. And today is legs too. My favorite...not.

Personals for the rest of you....

Traci...
Duck and oysters sound divine!! It will be good for you to get home and back into a routine to help you guys move through your grief...even though it will always be there...you will start to not think of her with everything you do. Poor things...what a tough time for you. January is only a few hours away...And I gotta tell you this has been a bit of a rough year for me...so I am really looking forward to 2008...It can't be any worse! I am fresh and glowing this morning...Had a fun night with CB...and he left me sleeping in his bed while he went to work this morning! LOL about fresh meaning nookie...Silly folks!! I hope DH isn't grilling DD either, but he sounded a bit put off on the phone this morning...so who knows. What can I do??

Tracy...
I am sure your legs must look fabulous...I can't wait to see them in person when you guys are here. Would you like to do my leg workout today and just transfer some of that lovely muscle my way? I don't think we are crashing the wedding now...but we are going out to a nice dinner tonight and then we are heading to another club to ring in the new year. It won't be a super late night for us since CB has to work tomorrow. Have fun taking down the Xmas tree...I am waiting until XDH leaves before I tackle that project since I usually make such a mess with it.

Nicole...
Thank goodness your project is now done...It looks fabulous!! Almost good enough to eat!

Jeanette...
Poor Grandma...Hope they can figure out what is giving her the pain. I am glad to know it probably isn't her heart, though...Gall bladders are much easier to deal with! Sorry about all of your problems with your bike ride yesterday. That doesn't sound like any fun! You should come a day early to go play at the golf course...then you won't miss any time with us and can still play!! A spa visit sounds great! CB gave me a gift certificate for a spa here for Christmas...I am going to schedule some very decadent session after DD is back in school. They have all kinds of body wraps and facials...I wonder if they can remove the cellulite and make me look 30 again??

Sandra...
You mean we may have another resident personal trainer?? Fabulous! I am sure that would be a great thing for you to take on...You would be able to make your own hours (to some extent) so that you could still be home when your babes need you. Wonderful! Let us know how your research goes. I was looking through the Collage catalog last night for new cardio dvds..but only a couple struck my fancy. Let me know if you find any that are worth getting. My problem is that I am such a doofus that I don't do complex choreography well.

Teddygirl...
Waving as you fly by! Hope you had a great Christmas!

Lea...
Happy birthday to DS!!! 4 is a fun age..they really start to do a whole lot more for themselves then. So sorry to hear about the flu...that does not sound like fun for any one involved!

Carol...
So glad to hear you are healthy once again! Sorry the kiddos have it, though. so it's back to the grind for you this week, hunh? DD goes back to school on Wednesday. It just seems like this break has just flown by! Have a great time at your friend's place tonight ringing in the NY.

Kim...
Yes, we have accredited programs here for aides....I would love to be a physical therapist, but there is not a local college here that offers that program, so I settled with being an aide. My current career has been SAHM for the past 7 years...before that I was in the world of retail and I can tell you I don't want to ever do that again...LOL!! I have a bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice with a double major in Psychology that I never put to use after college...but at least I don't have as many prerequisites to fill for the PTA program! XDH has been living in Russia for about a year and a half now and he hasn't seen our DD since July..so this is a really big visit. He actually works for a consumer electronics retailer...kind of like Circuit City or Best Buy (if you are familiar with them) only it is a Russian owned and operated company. He is VP of sales and training and some other things that I don't remember right now. We are a chatty (I almost typed catty...lol) group...but don't let that intimidate you....Post when you can...and don't worry about personals if you just don't have the time.

Well, I think that catches me up for now....CB just called and said he is off work tomorrow. WooHoo...my lovely vacation continues! I don't think DD is going to be home until tomorrow afternoon late...and then she and her dad are going to my mom's for a while. Okay..I am off to the mall...and then back to do my workout. I am thinking I will do L&G since I haven't done that one in a while. No more of Amy's Slo Mo legs...I was so worried about my back the whole time, I didn't get a great leg workout. Can you believe I just said that??

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

WELCOME HOME WENDY!!!!!!!!!! We Missed You:*:*:*

Core Synergistics

It's a new week and I'm almost ready to go. One more holiday and I'm buckling down hard! I am so glad we all feel bloated and blah together. It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one who cheated my way through the holiday:p

DH doesn't go back to work until Thursday but I'm in luck, he's sleeping along with the boys:D

Aren't you all glad that the gingerbread house is done? So am I! Thanks for all the compliments on it:D

Traci-X, It sounds like you're getting a lot of healing in down at the bay. I know Sandy is with you and she is running up those stairs:) I'm glad you have neighbors that are of the same mindset that can be there for you. How nice that they'll help you get the perfect tree. You and I can buckle down together when you get back}( It won't be fun at first but we'll be happy later. I am starting week 5 again this week. There's no point working out hard and ruining it with crud food choices, right?

Tracy, I'm so glad you're starting the X with the rest of us! I can't believe how many push ups you can do to start. It must be all of the yoga you do. Oh boy, paperwork;) I always put mine off until I g et my organizer from our accountant. I bet it would be easier if I started now but I'm good at delaying that sort of thing. I'm sorry to read about DH & FIL troubles. What a way to spend the holiday. Have you talked to him yet? I think guys are just programmed that way emotionally. I know mine is a different man without se*. They respond to that like we respond to communication and romance. I figure I'll give him 10 minutes and he'll be nice the rest of the day. I guess it's a small price to pay for a happy home life. JMO:)

Debra, Sounds like XDH's visit is without incident as of yet. I do hope he stays clear of asking DD about CB. Did you have a talk with her before he got here about talking about it? I'm sure it's tough because you don't want DD to keep secrets but at the same time XDH doesn't need to know the ins and outs. Enjoy all of this free time! I am so jealous. You don't have anyone to worry about but yourself. What/s that like? You did a fabulous job of updating Wendy for us! It's summed up pretty well:D Better get lots of yoga in before Wednesday;)

Sandra, It sounds like wireless has changed your life:D Breakfast in bed, children quietly watching a movie while you sleep, what next? I'll have to get one of those. My DH does do that for a living! Your cooking yesterday sounds delightful! Were you able to get it all dome? LOL on DD cake mix comment. Soon she'll forget it ever existed and she'll be permanently spoiled by cake from scratch:9 When are you going to get your certification? Is this something you're going to start soon? At least now you could do it in the comfort of your own bed:D Did you ever get your calendar?

Kim, Wow, you are good! That was a nice check-in warm up:D I'm glad you'll be along for the ride with all of us. It sure does sound like it's cold in your neck of the woods! My grandmother is from North Dakota so I've heard stories about how cold it is there. We always hear stories about her living there and the funny terms and words that have stuck with her. Thanks for filling us in on your life, it's nice to get to know you. Can't wait for more;)

Jeanette, I'm so sorry your GM isn't doing better. Is this the one that was reading steamy romance novels while you were working out? She sounds like a funny woman. I pray they figure out what's wrong so that she at least feels better. I know at her age it gets harder and harder but it's tough to see. My aunt's MIL just passed away yesterday at 86. They had given her a triple bypass, which I thought was just awful. Her DH didn't want to let her go so he made them do the surgery. It was so hard to see. Has your sister gone home yet? I hope she takes some of your fitness knowledge home with her. You are a good role model for that and many other things I know:D Glad you're still able to ride. It's supposed to get up to 78 degrees by Wednesday. Isn't it December?

Teddygirl, Glad to see you pop in! How have you been? Has Ted been holding you hostage? It gets busy this time of year so don't worry about it:)

Carol, I'm glad you are well again! How has the X been going? Traci, Jeanette and I are redoing week 5 because this last week was not a good one for sticking to it. Have fun at your friends house for NYE!

Lea, Ugghh! Stomach flu, yuck! I hope you get better soon. Is your DH still affected by the writers strike? I hope not. Get well and get back to see us:)

Wendy, You must fill us in on the itty bitty details of your trip! I thought you weren't coming home for a couple of weeks yet. I am so glad you made it home safe and sound and addicted to strong coffee. I think Debra did a fab job of filling you in on our comings and goings. Yes, we are planning a reunion in NC at Debra's the first week of April. We are all so excited! You and Carol and Tracy can all drive down together:) Can't wait to hear an update!! Missed you tons!

Nicole

Happy New Year from Sunny San Diego!!

070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Wow what a beautiful gingerbread house Nicole. My MIL is very talented at making GB houses and this is the first year she didn't make one with my kids. The first year or two she made them for us I had them as centrepieces for the table and then wrapped them up to protect them and then what do you do with them?? Eventually after a couple of months they just got thrown out and it seemed like such a waste. So after that we started the annual gingerbread house smashup. All the kids/cousins get toy hammers, etc and we take pictures while they smash it up. It then goes in a big bowl and we eat it.

Traci- our doggie was Clover. She was a little white bichon frise. She was so sweet but very anxious and shy of anything or anyone new. She followed me everywhere even into the bathroom;) She had diabetes and was on twice a day insulin injections before she passed away. How are the other dogs doing?

Lea- Happy Birthday to your ds! What a big boy! Is he having a birthday party? Hope everyone is feeling well enough to celebrate his birthday today.

Carol- I checked out your blog, hope that was okay. You're doing great with P90X, is this your first time doing it?

Tracy- I work parttime. I usually have Fridays off. I have the program planned out for Mondays to be days off as I work and then dd has piano lessons in the evening so it's a busy day. Fridays will be the Yoga which seems like the longest workout so I can do it when the kids are at school.

I'm so excited to start tomorrow. I've been ready to start since Friday I think but wanted to wait till Tuesday. I'm a real organized person and like to have things just so. DH has talked about doing the program but knowing him he'll just do the workouts randomly and very occasionally. He's not an organized program type guy.;-)

I'm finding myself still checking to see if Cathe's posted her new rotation yet. I've been doing her monthly rotations for so long. I do feel a little quilty like I'm "cheating" on her. DD thought it was very strange that I got new workout dvds that weren't Cathe's. LOL

Does anyone have any New Year's Eve plans? We're going to head down to The Forks, sort of a city center gathering place. There have hay rides, tobagganing, skating on the river, crafts for the kids, etc and they do fireworks at 8pm. Kim

Hi all,

I left this form for antique tags for DS's truck to the last minute and had to run up to the bank and post office. I don't know why I do that! I've had the paperwork since July; how stupid.

Lea - Glad you stopped by. sorry sickness has plagued your house. I remember when the kids were small how it seemed like we just couldn't get past it.

Carol - Glad the sickness is starting to move at your house. It almost makes you feel like you want to open the windows and disinfect. I just replaced my indoor shoes because my knees were starting to bother me. I have new running shoes, but I'm trying to wait until it freezes until I get them out. I hate getting brand new shoes dirty the first day and it is so muddy here. You're in phase 2 right?

Debra - I'm officially never doing Slo-Mo legs again either. Ithink the problem is that you have to hold all of the weight out in front. I'm sure that is a big problem for people with bad discs. I've been suffering for 2 weeks since I did it the last time. I thought about giving it away, but I did like the upper as a change of pace. No wedding crashing? That's nice CB has off. I'm sure you will find something fun to do with your time:)

Nicole - I think our DSs' must be from the same mold. Mine even says, if you just spend 20 minutes think how much easier your life will be. Usually I can, but sometimes I'm just like no way. Are you leaving the GB house out for a while? I would. I think they last quite a while. You have been sounding pretty upbeat lately. DH must be on his best behavior. 78? It is in the 50s here today, but supposed to only get to 30 the next few days. Our weather is crazy.

Off to do a little cleaning and then workout.

Tracy

Good morning,
Feels good to be posting this morning. Decided to stay home from work in case Grandma comes home from the hospital and Mom needs some help. Haven't heard from my sister yet about an ultrasound or another test. Talked to her around 8:00 a.m. and she said they were still waiting for the dr. to make rounds and hopefully release Grandma.

Round 2, Phase 2, Lean Rotation, Week 5, Day 1 - Core Synergistics

Glad I restarted as I feel more focused this morning. This is a great workout. Anybody have any subs for it for when I really don't want to do it in the future?

Traci, enjoy the duck and oysters. Last time I had duck, it was so tough and tasted like mud. Little story here, quite a few years ago DS went duck hunting, got a bunch of ducks and decided to make jerky out of the meat. After all the time spent cutting off the raw duck meat, soaking it in a brine, drying it, he then set the bagged product on an end table in the house. Well, it was just nose level for our black Lab, Cheyenne. Guess what? All of it devoured. Taught him a good lesson. Hope you have a nice time celebrating with Wendell and the boys. Let us know what kind of tree you will be getting. I definitely had a brain fart by not bringing my bike pump. Most of the time, I'm riding with someone and they probably would have been carrying a pump. I didn't even have my cell phone with me. Glad I decided not to go up on a hill out of town someplace. I've got my old pump attached to my bike right now. Got to get the other pump holder from my other bike that's sitting at the Garage Boys. I won't be going this Wednesday either as I have a hair appointment after work. I totally understand about freaking out in certain circumstances. I freak when near the edge of a highway or dirt road, in a car or the Rhino. Regular edgophobia. Yep, my kids and DH would call me a mental case when it comes to that.

Wendy :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 !!! I am so glad you are back!!! What a wonderful NYE surprise for us!!! We want to hear all about it!!! Oh yeah, I bought some DD ground coffee at Walmart the other day with you on my mind. Maybe I'm not making it strong enough? I'll have to add some more to it as it tasted a little weak. Why do you think your cellulite was better? Oh, Wendy, I and everyone else here really missed you!!! Yes, yes, yes there is going to be a GTG in April, at our Debra's!!!

Tracy, fabulous workout for you, as usual. I'm going to take down the tree today too as DH is still home and he's been hounding me to do it. I told him go ahead and do it yourself, but take the time to wrap everything well. No, he didn't do it when I put it that way. It's nice and sunny here this morning. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 40's and our bike club has a group New Years morning ride planned. However, our group rides have only been 2-3 people so not sure if there will be more than my friend John and I, though I do think we will get more. I need to go email everyone, reminding them of it. I'm pretty good at changing flats quickly, just hate the pumping up part. Guess I could get a CO2 dispenser instead. Might do that sometime. When will the new bike be fixed? Oh yeah, I ordered Amy's hi-lo dome workout. I'm excited about getting it. I bought a new DVD drive cleaner and looks like my Tracey Staehle HISM2 works. However, it doesn't work on my new laptop.

Sandra, know you will get tons of info on the Personal Training cert. Bet you would be a good one.

Latrese, hope your Christmas was very merry. I'm back on the cleaner eating wagon again. Anything hanging around here is going in the trash today.

Lea, hope you can get that stomach bug behind you. I remember once that my sister got a bad bug and wiped out all the good bacteria in her stomach. Think she had to eat a bunch of yogurt to get back on line. Everything just went right thru her.

Carol, glad you are getting better. So many around me are sick with colds. DS has it now. Hoping I don't get it.

Debra, you summed it up pretty well for Wendy. How was your evening out with CB? Where did you go? Hope your XDH isn't grilling your DD. Try not to let him get you down. He'll be gone soon. Still don't know anything about Grandma yet, seems these doctors take their time getting around to talking to you. Probably not, just seems that way. I'm hoping that it's gall bladder or something fairly simple to fix, but at her age nothing could be too safe procedure wise. Wonder if anyone else wants to come a day early for the GTG? I would love to play golf, but not sure I'll want to spend that kind of money. Really would rather visit with all the ladies instead. I'd love a facial that would remove the crows feet that have developed in the last few years. Oh well, it is what it is.

Nicole, nice pictures!! Thanks so much for sharing! What a great project that was. Are you guys really going to blow it up. You are so right about sex and men. In my way of thinking it shows how shallow they can be, it just means so darned much to them. They are just wired so different than we are. LOL re: giving him 10 minutes. Ain't that the truth! You are wise beyond your years, girl! My sister is still at the hospital over in Reno. Her DH and DD left from our house this morning around 8 a.m. They will swing thru Reno and pick her up and head home. That leaves my Mom with Grandma. I still haven't heard anything yet. Grandma looks wonderful and feels good right now, now that the attack (whatever it was) is over. My sister did say she did some pushups and ab work in her hotel room last night. She wants to continue the check in as she feels it is helping her to make a habit of exercising.

Just got a call from my sister, the cardiologist is talking to them right now so she had to hang up. But they found a bunch of fluid around GM's heart. They want to do some more tests so she probably won't be coming home today. But then again, you never know. The one thing they do say is that GM is so healthy in every other way that her age is not much of a factor, which is fantastic. Good genes there for sure. This woman never worked out a day in her life, no body weight exercises, nothing. Heck, she only wore dresses until the 1980's I think.

Kim, great to hear from you this morning. Your NYE plans sound like a lot of fun. My DH and I like outdoor activities, though he's been holed up inside this house pretty much since being off for a couple weeks. Just hard to want to get outside and do things when you work in the cold all the time anyway. Our little dachshund Tillie sounds like your Clover. She's very suspicious of new people and is pretty timid, except to her big sister, our German Shorthair Lexxie. In that regard, she is the Queen. The gingerbread bashing sounds like what I think Nicole's DH wants to do to theirs, only I think explosives may be involved :eek:

Got to get off my big butt, shower and get stuff picked up again. Really enjoyed "What About Bob" last night. I've seen it before, but it's just so funny. Pirates of the Caribbean had too much going on for my taste. I never followed it and chose to write to you guys while 1/2 watching it.

Later,

Jeanette

Back again :)

Debra -- I hope you're enjoying your "vacation", lol. Sounds nice!!

Nicole -- Adding an extra week this phase sounds like a good idea. I may just do that, but I'll see how I feel in a week and a half, lol. I was mostly able to keep up last week, but it wasn't a great effort. I think I'd get more out of it if I added an extra week in there...

Kim -- Welcome aboard!! Thanks for checking out my blog :D :D :D This is my first round of "the X" and I'm doing doubles. I've been doing Cathe for awhile (including a rotation I made up that was similar in style to P90X) and wanted to step it up. I have 3 kiddos: DS (9), DD (6) and DD2 (4). I homeschool so I'm busy trying to juggle all that plus working out. I, like you, am looking forward to the yet-to-be-filmed Cathe STS and will be tackling that later on this year. Good luck with your upcoming X round!

Tracy -- Those are impressive #s!! I hope to be there with you some day!! Yup, I'm in phase 2, but I'll probably extend it a week to make sure I really get those moves down and BRING IT properly.

Teddygirl -- Happy New Year to you, too! I hope you have a good one!!

Who wants to come over and eat the rest of the junk in my house????? Today's the last day that stuff is hanging around }( Back to crystal clean eating tomorrow. I hope you all have a great New Year's!!

Carol

Well lookie that! A day when familiar faces are re-emerging, and I don't have time for a proper sit-down. Maybe tonight. Just wanted to say I got the workout done. Yay! CST done for the final time in Round 2! And only 2 more times with ARX this week, and I get a break from it for a week.

Have a HAPPY New Year's Eve!!!!!!!!!

Sandra

Hi all,

Shoulder and Arms is done, and I started at the weights I left off at with a few more reps, more control, and better form. Then I did Amy's All pump core section. Thank goodness someone is doing core without all of those stupid crunches. I did have to sub- the glider stuff with pikes on the ball. I just love those crab/side plank/plank/side plank/ crab moves.

Carol- When you feel better, just keep pushing with the push ups and you'll get your numbers up. They do great things for you. I would do as many as I could on my toes, then push out several more on my knees. I must admit, the X is not for people who are not feeling well. That's why I never get rid of any of my Cathe's. I'll usually do one that's easier when I'm sick.

Sandra - Is DH still working out with you? Great job for completing phase 2. Fight the urge to look at Cathe's Jan rotation. It is not what you want right now. Did you see that she puts in push ups every day? That is a tough rotation. Do you see she has running in it? That rotation is something to think of for the future.

Jeanette - FIl has periodically had fluid around his heart. They have so many great medications now and they can get rid of it pretty easily. Although at one point they stuck a needle in and sucked the fluid out because he had so much; like over a liter. That sounds pretty nasty to me. I hope she is doing better.

Kim - It sounds like you have a nice evening planned. I started the X so I could have my rest day on Thursday. I like to keep things fairly organized myself. It just works better for me.

Off to do some yoga. Happy New Years to all,

Tracy

Hi all,

Shoulder and Arms is done, and I started at the weights I left off at with a few more reps, more control, and better form. Then I did Amy's All pump core section. Thank goodness someone is doing core without all of those stupid crunches. I did have to sub- the glider stuff with pikes on the ball. I just love those crab/side plank/plank/side plank/ crab moves.

Carol- When you feel better, just keep pushing with the push ups and you'll get your numbers up. They do great things for you. I would do as many as I could on my toes, then push out several more on my knees. I must admit, the X is not for people who are not feeling well. That's why I never get rid of any of my Cathe's. I'll usually do one that's easier when I'm sick.

Sandra - Is DH still working out with you? Great job for completing phase 2. Fight the urge to look at Cathe's Jan rotation. It is not what you want right now. Did you see that she puts in push ups every day? That is a tough rotation. Do you see she has running in it? That rotation is something to think of for the future.

Jeanette - FIl has periodically had fluid around his heart. They have so many great medications now and they can get rid of it pretty easily. Although at one point they stuck a needle in and sucked the fluid out because he had so much; like over a liter. That sounds pretty nasty to me. I hope she is doing better.

Kim - It sounds like you have a nice evening planned. I started the X so I could have my rest day on Thursday. I like to keep things fairly organized myself. It just works better for me.

Off to do some yoga. Happy New Years to all,

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.