X'ers !!Happy Mothers Day!!

teddy16410

Cathlete
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Happiest of all Mothers Day ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope each and every one of the moms here gets to spend a day being treated like the Queens you are!
If you aren’t getting to live the life of luxury today just threaten the family with a collective Xer "KA-POWIE" !
With all sincerity I tip my hat to you moms... Its truly the way to have the greatest impact on the world and I'd say you ladies do a very fine job of it! I appreciate the raising of productive, healthy, aware and kind people! I am in awe of all of you who do this job well. Thank you for raising the next generation who will impact my world thru their choices and decisions
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Xer MOMS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
``````````` Phase 2/ Day 42 / Recovery Core Syn /Rd 2
Subbing Tony’s "Core Cardio" from Master Series… YES there are Dreya Rolls in it (or are they in another one from that series)… SHOOT! I’ll do a set regardless…OK???!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Booty CONTINUES to be very sore in all sorts of spot- that Cathe did good with B&G!

Today is the big AFPA finish before final reviews!!! I cannot believe I will actually make this deadline! :7

I'll be back with personals after that!

Have a wonderful day gang- I'll be back in afternoon once DH starts watching golf AKA: Naps in recliner :7

ټPhase 2/ Day 42 / Recovery Core Syn /Rd 2
Subbing Tony’s Core Cardio from Master Series…

Its Personals Time!!!!!!! Happy Dance!

;) NICOLE
Happy your house is clean so you can enjoy your big day! I’m right there with ya on enjoying weight work more than cardio these days. B&G is a really great add-on 1x a week if you need leg/booty help! The standing portion is fun (I just dislike floor work!) and the ab segments are some of Cathes best – (or maybe I’ve just learned to engage core now)
Your pics look AWESOME! Your headlines are to die for! And I am so jealous of the crane! I do wonder what type of physical and mental problems a gals gotta have to achieve that tho! Haha
Of course your “start” pics look better than mine did after round 1! I can see even more definition … Keep in mind that the lower BF% you started out with the less dramatic the early results are… That’s the price you have to pay for being so darn fit & lean to begin with! I hope you are pleased results thus far because there truly is a difference in the pics! Awesome job!!!
The pics of your niece are just the sweetest! The innocence in new born faces brings me tears. I could smell that baby smell too- what a miracle!
Will you be lifting with Latex this week?

;) TRACY X
Happy Mothers Day! Do some wonderfully sinful things today!!

;) Amy
Waiting to hear about the Bikini Body Dinner!!!! Oh yes…. Beaner called and told me that you’re the BESTEST mom in the world!

;) Jeanette X
Congrats on such a successful practice ride! I know how important those are mentally as you prepare for a race. In my marathon training we ran the actual marathon course every Saturday morning (various parts of it) for 6 months so mentally on race day we KNEW we had already done it!
I’ll send “hurry hurry” thoughts for Mondays ttom! LOL that’s mine too and I want to start and actually know my body is regulated now.
Next time I do B&G (which will be soon!) I plan on doing a set of FireWalkkers in the beginning and then at end… I LOVE those too! Makes me feel like I’m really shrinking these Thunder Thighs!
Do you mind telling me a bit about Christy Taylors low impact stuff? I really do need to add 1 or 2 of those into my collection.

;) Debra X
OMG about DD! It sounds like she is really having a tough go of it…I am sending healing Xer Vibes! I do hope you get to play Queen today instead of nurse!
LOL on “Whats Next” for me…. I have 6 weeks to be gardener of the year before I get results and then either fix what I blew on tests OR look for clients! Its all going to fall around the time I have 2 vacations planned! That’s how life goes.
LOL on the pic you’ve provided for us! I was ROLLING with that one! Well you are (as we all knew) beautiful, spunky, glamorous and a fashion diva all rolled into one!

;) Laurie X and ;) TeddyGirl
Happy Mothers Day!!! I know you aren’t around on weekends but didn’t want to not wish you a great day!

;) Wendy
Hope the birthday boy had a fabulous day and cheesecake! Feeling hung-over from your half glass of cheap cooking wine? Maybe one of those DREADFUL cheap booze headaches??? ;)
Anxiously waiting for the Shiva Clothing Line links… hope its more “hippie-ish” than SkyLab! Lolol… DH – who is a redneck like Jeanette’s sweetie says I am the first REAL hippie he ever met! Enjoy opening all your lover-ly gifts this morning!
LOL on “mailing pics” – I have to take 50 pictures of me demonstrating 25 different exercises and submit that with written cues. There is a 500 multiple choice test that goes back and 3 essays on various topics. NO- I would not be sending my personal progress pics!!! ROFL;)
If we’re the same size why do your pics look like you are 10x smaller??? Did my dam* DH use the WIDE ANGLE lens AGAIN???
On the Xer Tanks- We are all suppose to post pics of us in them and YES the new graduates can order directly from site! Not sure why we didn’t just all order on our own but somehow poor Lea got stuck with that job! LOL… If she does start checking in again I doubt she’ll volunteer again! I HOPE she comes back- she has some vacations this month so maybe in June. She’s doing well and keeping VERY busy this summer. I miss here a lot here but I do nag her a lot on email! Cant get rid of TRACI X that easy!!
Are you still working on your SuperMarket Diet? Hows it all going???
Spit that CC out NOW!!!! I read SM Diet too and no where did I see Wendy’s Delectable CC!
Lol on offending anyone with home school talk…. Wendy my dear we all know that you were SNOCKERED on cheap wine!;) No- just kidding…. I think its wonderful you have found what works for you and your children! That’s the American way isn’t it? I don’t think you would ever upset me- I just feel the goodness in your heart and I know you are passionate about everything… No worries

;) Cheryl
My mouth is hanging open about run! WOMAN what are you doing???? The only time 2+ hours seems like “fun “ to me is running the marathon! You gotta have the best legs in Utah!
So are the kids cooking for you tonight for a change???? Hope your day is AWESOME and that all the kiddies choose to get along!;)

;) Mary
Did I hear that you lost TWO entire pant sizes ??? ^5 woman! I am so darned excited for you- You must be eating clean and workin’ smart my friend! YIPPEE!!!Hope you were struttin’ your stuff at the BBQ!
Glad you’re here- I missed you as well!

;) Sandra X
MISS YOU MISS YOU MISS YOU
Happy Nit Pickin’ of the Year Day!

All caught up and ready to hit the books again!

Have a super fabulous day moms!
;)

Hi all,

Happy Mother's Day to everyone. I'm wishing you all a wonderful day spending time with the family.

Yesterday I did end up going on a bike ride. I really had talked myself out of it because it was cloudy and I didn't feel like it (day 26 of ttom), but by 3 a little blue sky was poking through, so I loaded up the bike and went out. I only rode 20 miles, but did it in 70 minutes which is a little better than 15mph. I felt great and was so glad that I pushed myself to go. I tried to stay zipped as much as possibly to support the back and my core is really flat. Then I came home and did magically hips. I watched some of Shiva's instruction about positioning and actually the way she pulls up through the pelvis is just like zipping to me. So, I applied some of those techniques and it made a big difference in the yoga. It's not easy to zip and stay in correct alignment in the poses; the effort made magically hips almost new again.

So today is PUB and then yoga.

Traci - Good luck on the exam! I would hate to have to photograph myself in all of those positions. I bet it is an eye opener for form. I'm thinking about getting a mirrow when I do my yoga. I think that it will help me to get better alignment. You are supposed to be in one plane in many of the poses; I'm not sure that I'm there yet.

Wendy - More power to you if you can home school. My dh suggested it a few times and I'm like are you nuts! I have to go out to work for my personal sanity and that of everyone else in the house. No you can't do the meds and the diet at the same time. I'd do the meds for however long it says it takes them to work plus a week or two and if there is no change, stop the meds and do the diet. I'd love to have some Shiva clothing. I'm so envious.

Jeanette- Your whole triathalon expereince sounds like so much fun. It's nice to get around people who value fitness. I was talking to a friend at the funeral on Friday and we didn't recognize many of the people we hadn't seen in a while because they had gained so much weight. It's something that I just don't understand how people let themselves go like that.

Sandra - Still nit picking? You must dream of nits by now. I hope that the family does something extra special for you today. You deserve it. Is DH helping with the picking at all?

Nicole - Sorry you missed the choropractor. Are you feeling any better. Glad your house is clean. I'm still working on mine.

Debra - I guess I really hadn't pictured you to look like that! And the house, it's so fun. At least you won't have to clean much!

Amy - What is a bikini body dinner? Is everyone wearing a bikini? If so, it definitly wouldn't be for me.

BBL,

Tracy

Happy Mother's Day ladies! Hope you are all doing well...I've already been out to pick up dog poop and medicated my DD and have nothing exciting planned. Except really trying to get in my workout today. Also, want to do some clearing out in DD's room to get rid of some old toys in prep for our move.

Jeanette...Glad your practice run went well yesterday. Sounds like you got a good idea what the course is like. I got the animated pic at meez.com. You can pick out all kinds of different scenes and clothes and everything. It was actually pretty fun picking it all out...There is actually a scene in a bike shop..I thought of you!

Traci...Good luck finishing up today. I am sure you will do fantastic! You are kind of putting a lot of pressure on us mom's with the "next generation" stuff! LOL Glad you enjoyed the pic...I dressed in pjs since that is what I wear all the time...and Of course, I had to use the "spaz dance" since I am so goofy! Glad you will be able to relax for the next 6 weeks and enjoy your gardening. I guess you will be making your mother in law a lovely dish with velveeta and miracle whip today in celebration. And I expect at least 20 Dreya rolls from you! Are your pups doing something special for you for Mother's Day...they should since you stay up with them during all your storms.

Tracy...Glad you enjoyed your bike ride yesterday. Sounds like you did a goo job with keeping your core tight...I am finding that I really have to concentrate on that, too, while I ride, or I end up with really awful posture. Have fun with PUB today. I always get lots of DOMS from the chest section.

Okay...I guess that's it for now. I think I will get started with my day. Happy Mother's Day to all! I'll bbl to catch up with everyone else.

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Good Morning All,

It's Mother's Day so I'm posting before the boys awake to give their mother lots of presents:) I hope all of you mom's have a wonderful day with your families. Any of you who do not have kids, have a wonderful day with your mothers.

Today is a rest and eat badly day, but I already excused myself:) Holidays are an exception for me. If I don't give myself "cheat days" I go crazy. I'll eat a cinnamon roll for you guys!

Traci-X- So glad you're almost done with your course, I'm so jealous. I really want to get certified so I have knowledge with backing. Maybe when my last is in school. Thanks for the compliments, they make me feel better. I'm pretty nit-picky when it comes to my body. I'm glad I'm always striving for better, but at the same time, it's tiring.
I love the smell of baby head too. I read once that there is a pheromone that baby's release that makes you happy. It must be why I'm always sniffing newborns little heads:)

Tracy- Good job on talking yourseld into a bike ride, I'm proud of you! I have got to get that DVD, everyone keeps talking about magically hips and I feel left out:) My back is feeling better, thanks for asking. I think spending less time in front of the computer is helping. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Wendy- Offend us, I think not. We are all so blessed to live in a country where the government and society cannot dictate how we choose to live our lives. I loved being homeschooled and I give kudos to all moms who have the patience to do it!!!

Have a GREAT day SandraX, Amy, Debra, Cheryl, Jeanette, Laurie, Teddygirl, Swifty, Katie & Mary. I hope I didn't forget anybody:)

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Hi, everyone! What a wonderful day!
My legs are really tired, but I think I'll do a circuit today and a Cathe step cardio tomorrow as my last exercise acts before my first X challenge officially starts on Tuesday with Mary.

Here goes!

Traci, I'm so impressed that you're making that deadline on your personal training program that I can't even tell you. I am so glad for you that it is getting completed and out of the way. Hurray for you!!!

Nicole, enjoy your rest day. That cinnamon roll sounds wonderful!

Tracy, the bike ride sounds wonderful. Yayy to you for making it when you didn't even feel like starting! Enjoy PUB - one of my all time favorites.

Debra, have a wonderful Mother's Day - even if you spend it just doing your spaz dance in your pajamas!

Mary, Katie, Wendy, Jeanette, Sandra, and of course Amy - have a wonderful day!!!

Cheryl

Good morning,

TraciX - YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does this mean you're DONE? Do you just send it all in and wait for the results now? I'm doing the happy dance for you!!!! I just read what you wrote to Debra; so for 6 weeks we all wait with bated breath. Thank you so much for your lovely words in support of mothers today. I hope you can share some of those warm thoughts with your own mother today. I think Lea group-ordered the tank tops because we got a cheaper cost/shirt. I'm still waiting for mine. Do you have yours? Oh, and HIGH FIVE on the size 4 pants!!! I don't know of anyway to get text formatting into a post on these forums. Since I never see it in anyone elses' posts, I think it's safe to assume that it's not possible here.

DebraX - what picture is TraciX talking about? I've checked your picture trail; did I miss something? Yes, we're still dealing with the lice and nits. I no longer feel like the DD's look like PigPen from Charlie Brown, but every day I seem to find a few nits, and sometimes a live bug or two. The baby is pretty much "clean", but needs to be checked every day to make sure I didn't miss anything. I'm spending 3 hours a day doing head checks, and when I do the shampooing, it adds another 2 hours. Oh well - it's quality time with my kids, right?? And yes, I am constantly itching my head! I'm not convinced there's nothing there, but DH keeps insisting he doesn't see anything! Oh dear, I hope DD feels better really soon. It sounds awful for her.

Nicole - those are very impressive progress pictures! You look great, even on day 1! Your shoulders are very flexible. And I'm impressed that you can hold crane for the full minute. I never got that good at it, although was able to hold it for about 10 secs or so, on a good day.

Amy - I think it's great that your MIL will sit and watch you do a workout. An audience certainly adds an incentive to perform better! A trip to the beach yesterday; lovely!!

Cheryl - Are you planning to continue running during your P90X rotation, or do only the P90X cardio?

Mary - A big welcome to you!!! When are you starting your P90X rotation?

Wendy - I'm sorry I missed you the other day!! That wasn't intentional at all! We're growing too fast for my aging cranium. Your mother's day presents sound wonderful. I'd love to have some high, high quality workout clothes. And I love DH's "birthday" present. I know my DH would have the same skeptical reaction! And rightly so....:+ You're surely a cheap drunk. Happy b-day to Phil! Nope, I did not do PP yesterday. My workout for y-day is at the end of this post.

JeanetteX - I hope next Sunday is a nice a day for the actual triathlon, as yesterday was for the practice run. It sounds like a really nice day. I've finally decided that I'm going to follow the 2 GRFS rotations consecutively, but sub where I want to. The structure of each week is the same all the way through: total upper body & abs; cardio; lower body; total upper body & abs; cardio; circuit; rest. I'd like to add some yoga in there, too. I think when I'm eating as "clean" as I am now (low-fat vegan), I don't need to go cardio-crazy to see results. Three solid sessions a week should be good, combined with the weight work. We'll see. I might even sub one of Cathe's 3-day splits (SH, GS, PS) on the upper body weight work days. The second combo of StepWorks is the only time I've ever heard Cathe out-right lie to us. Near the end she tells us, "That's everything", and then 2 minutes later she inserts 4 rounds of some blasty-type work. It's a great combo, though, in terms of choreography and intensity. Step Works is one of Cathe's crown jewels, IMO.

TracyX - It's nice to have a great workout when you're not in the mood for it. I'm proud of you for getting on that bike despite having the blahs. But then, you've shown time and again that you've got self-discipline. Yup, staying "zipped" making everything more challenging, but is so good for you. I'm still working on making it feel like second nature. It's going to take some time. Yes, I AM dreaming of nits, how did you know? Sick to death of it all, but that's really irrelevant, isn't it? It needs to be done. No, DH isn't helping with the picking because he doesn't have the fingernails for it, and I don't believe that he will be as thorough and systematic about it as I am. I prefer to see for myself that it's done "properly." It's the control freak in me coming out, but maybe in this situation that's a good thing.

LaurieX, Katie, Teddygirl, WendyX, SwiftAmy, and The-Inevitable-Person-or-People-That-I-MissedX: Have a great Sunday!

Yesterday I did SJP step/hi-lo/weights circuit premix, then the PUB/PLB combo premix. Then PUB stability ball abs, and Total Body Stretching segment #3. Since the Pyramids premix is "up-only", I went as heavy as I could with the weights. For the most part, I started at the weight level Cathe finished at. Because I wanted to go heavy and get to genuine muscle fatigue I gave myself permission to take extra breaks where necessary, as Tony encourages. I feel like I got a very good workout using this approach. When I do PP upper-body 3x premix tomorrow (as per my new rotation), I'm going to do the same thing: as heavy as possible, and extra breaks where necessary. No point in wasting my time simply moving iron around. Might as well build some muscle while I'm at it.

Today's my rest day. I think we're going to the zoo this afternoon. Maybe I'll put the kids in with the monkeys and let them do the nit-picking for a while.

Cheers,
SandraX

Classic/Phase 2/Week 1/Day 4- YogaX

Good Morning and Happy Mother' Day!!!

Traci- Thanks for the message from Beaner!!! I thought that was great!, thanks! I am glad that you got your pictures done! That's awesome! I hope that DH enjoys his golf game!;)

Last night's dinner at the beach was awesome!! They had the most delicious seafood nachos! YUM!!! The had another appetizer that the other couple we were with shared called "BangBang Shrimp". A very tasty tempura fried shrimp tossed in a creamy/spicy sauce. Super yummy, but it gave me horrible heartburn! It took 8 tums to put the fire out and they weren't even that spicy! I think that it was the combination of the fried/spicy that did me in! I did very well for myself, though, had grilled tuna steak with steamed veggies:9 , and the tuna was awesome!!!

I wish every mother, whether you be bi-ped mother or quadra-ped (fuzzy) mother, a Happy Mother's Day!!!

Oh, and Bicep DOMS abide from Back/Biceps yesterday! Ouchie!}(

Oh Happy Day to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! AFPA part 3 of 3 is ready for reviewing Tuesday and then into mail it goes on Wednesday barring any major re-do’s! I cannot tell you what a load off my mind this is and how happy I am to be able to step away from this darn computer once in awhile!
Thanks for all the encouragement gang- there were many times the past few months that I just wondered if it was worth all the work. STILL not sure what I’ll do with the certification but that was really not a factor in getting it.

Core Cardio is completed - With 10 Dreya Rolls completed – still have to assist myself! I think that’s a sign of big bottom!
Also did Brand New Butt as I was afraid the booty DOMS from B&G were starting to subside! Heheheeh

Tomorrow is Cycle Day 1 so recovery week is over (sure was a quickie!) and I am heading back to Chest Shoulder Triceps! No hard doubles for cycle days 1-5 but when I get to start hitting it hard days 6-21 LOOK OUT! Lololol

::::::TRACY X::::::
So happy you got to enjoy a great ride! The sun peeking out will always get me to do something too. I agree about staying zipped! I know that in Yoga I am constantly going back and forth from breathing, zipping, and posture … I think that’s why it is still not a relaxing practice yet for me… With time and practice I’m sure I’ll grow to love it. Enjoy PUB- You always do such a good job of fatiguing your upper these days. I didn’t realize you didn’t use a mirror! Gosh my form would be hopeless in everything if I didn’t have one- My body always “feels” like its in correct position but the mirror corrects that error in thinking!
That is amazing about the great masses of people who allow their health/fitness to take a back seat to life. I know that even when I gain weight and don’t workout I still think incessantly about it… I think that’s why I always end up getting my act together… At least when I’m working on my health I don’t have to obsess so much.

:::::: DEBRA X ::::::
Well my dear you had such fun picking up poo for MD I’m sure! Hope DD doesn’t give you grief about clearing out some old toys… tell her it’s the only way to make room for NEW STUFF! LOL on MIL dish… NOPE – DH spent the entire day with her yesterday so I am off the hook for today… I had to keep reminding him that he rarely picks up extension when I call both my moms so it REALLY shouldn’t be expected that I spend 10 hours at HIS mom’s house! Can ya tell we married late in life? All that “we gained another family” stuff doesn’t apply in late life marriages…THANK GOD!

::::::NICOLE::::::
Cannot wait to hear about all the goodies the boys have bestowed upon you! All well deserved! Cracks me up tho- last night we fell asleep talking about going out to a REALLY EARLY breakfast for M-Day… guess who got to sleep in? NOT ME! I was up at 245 with dogs (4th morning in arrow) while DH slept til 7am! SOME M-Day! I ended up making him a huge 4 course breakfast… I guess he felt bad because he went out and mowed /weed whacked both yards…. That’s usually my job! Please eat TWO rolls for me – it IS M-Day after all! ROFL – the visual of you “sniffing baby heads!”
I think that personal training and nutrition should be taught in schools as part of regular curriculum… I think it might assist future generations with this obesity issue… Let’s start a movement!

::::::::::::Cheryl:::::::::
TOOOOO funny about your workouts the next few days… I recall doing similar shenanigans – as if Tony would have come to my house and smacked Cathe right out of my hands! Feel free to run, jog, drink, eat cake, do Cathe as you choose throughout your rotation…. I say if ya can do Tony PLUS anything else then you’re a tough cookie!
Are the kids cooking instead of mama tonight? Hope so!
Be sure and take measurements on your day 1 and photos too!!!! Its fun to see the POP at the end of it all!

::::::SANDRA X ::::::
WONDERFUL rotation plans and so well thought out! Kudos for not slipping back into “just throwing iron around”… Tony is smiling !
Got my tank Friday! ITS SO COOL!!! I was going to have Wendell take a photo today to post but quite frankly he’s in “a mood” and was just RELIEVED that we got thru the AFPA pics! I think he’s experiencing sympathy “day before AF” issues! LOL- So very true about Nicole’s day 1 pics! When I first saw them I thought WTH????? Lololol Have a fun ZOO day…. As if your life isn’t already a ZOO!

::::::WENDY:::::
Checking out pics just as soon as I can today!!!! Thanks for posting!

::::::AMY::::::
Oh girl that dinner sounds right up my alley! You have officially made me crave spicy seafood for tonight… YUMMY! Sounds like you are having a blast with in-laws- I’m so happy for you! Congrats on sticking with X throughout the visit!

Hugs to all who follow!

Week 7/Phase 2/Day??/BB & ARX/ Round 1

Hello! Did you take a peek at "This and That" on my picture trail yet?

Traci-X: Yes, I'm being treated as a Queen today and I've got the card to prove it! Front of the card: Mother's Day is a chance for us to treat you like a Queen! Inside card reads: A Queen with Really lazy subjects who don't listen very well. LOL (It's funny cuz it's true!!!)
No, hangover though! Gosh, I haven't had one of those in AGES! Too old for that!
OH! MY! That's a lot of pictures your dh has to take using the wide angle lens!!! :D Seriously, that is a lot of work! Kudos to you for finishing and not waiting to the last minute!!! Crossing my fingers you got a 100% on the test! I KNOW you did fine with your essays! You have checkin experience with triologies! }(
You will like Shiva's clothing line much better than SkyLabs!!! The web address on the tank's tag is www.marika.com I haven't checked the link out yet to see if it has an online shop.
I miss Lea too! It's good to know if she can't come back due to living life, we soon to be X grads can order t-shirts too.
Ah! Thanks for your kind words! Can you be my mom? :* Or raise my kids? You don't have to take the ALL. ;-)
I think I'll have a teeny weeny slice of CC and think of you having a wonderful time doing Dreya Rolls/Kelly's Secret Get-ups!!! :p Too late to spit it out! :9

Tracy-X: I wanted to tell you about the yoga studio! I was SWEATING while trying on clothes there. They keep the studio at a balmy, humid 90 degrees!!! Andrea (the lady in the lobby and yoga instructor considering the X) told me that the high temp helps with flexibility and to sweat out toxins. Is the last part true? I thought sweating wasn't really good for you. I just thought of something I find funny: You'll buy Shiva's dvds before clothes, and I'll buy her clothes before her dvds! :7 I wish I was more like you! My core is not flat!!! That must be an awesome feeling! Congrats!!! Maybe, I will get the dvd tonight. I feel better hearing you recommend meds only or diet only. Sometimes, I think I'd like to go to work. My sister is happier working. I think her kids would all run away if she was a SAHM much less a homeschooling one! :7 We all have to do what's best!

Debra-X: LOL on wearing pjs all the time. Prior to working out in Jan, I lived in pjs! Today, Phil asked me if I was going to live in workout clothes now. Then we all reminded him it was a step up from wearing pj bottom hand-me-ups from my eldest son; especially the dancing ninja ones! :7 How is your dd doing? Or is she acting all normal still? Waves had a headache yesterday right before it rained. I still say it's allergy related!!!

Nicole: I've seen your pictures! You can have a month's worth of cheat days and still look good!!! You must be tripping! I wish my legs looked like yours!!! Oh! I took a look at your blog. NICE! The almost caught picture is PRECIOUS! Where do you find the time? Oh, I forgot. You wake up at the crack of dawn!!!

Cheryl: "...I think I'll do a circuit today and a Cathe step cardio tomorrow as my last exercise acts... " :7 You make it sound like this is your final act before death sets in! LOL It's only 90 days!
You can do it! Bring it on!!!
We'll help you through it!
Rah! Rah! Rah!!! :+

Sandra-X: I think you are wise with your w/o heavy weight choices. When I did CST, I told Phil I had enough with 12 to 15 reps. I'm going to start lifting heavier in the 6-8 range. Why prolong the process? Muscle is muscle. Ya know what I mean! LOL Aren't you the multi-tasker! The monkeys are conditioned to find them. And, the monkeys will be happy to eat them all up too!!! What a treat! ;-)

Happy Mother's Day to ALL! Hi to all who follows!

Blessings,
Wendy

Holy MACKERAL- Wendy I SWEAR you look just as young as the kids! You make me want to hide the camera and lock my pic-trail!
The Shiva top is TOOOOOO CUTE! OMG - I want to look serene and cool at the same time!
thanks a bunch for throwing in CC pics- I'm gonna get you for that one!
BELIEVE ME.... Your size 4 looks NOTHING like my size 4.... Must have been a fluke in brand! You are itsy bitsy!
Thanks for sharing- I am amazed that all those beautiful children popped out of our little wendy! :7

LOL! It's not a fluke. I'm just really good at shopping, and picking out clothes which causes the optical illusion of me looking smaller! It scares Phil how much I know about retail! LOL

Oh! I just looked at the Shiva link. I got my Born Free tank on clearance. It was the last one they had. And it was in my size!!!! You know what! I'm glad you don't live near me now. We'd be FIGHTING over who got to buy the tank. You might have more muscles than me, but I can fight dirty. I've got experience tickling people to tears!!! :p }( :7

Wendy

Jeanette-X: Wanted to checkin with you before I head out. Now, the CC pic is posted. However, it should look shorter in the middle once it is fully set. And, the chocolate should be thicker in the middle. Like I mentioned earlier, I over softened the cream cheese and didn't put enough white mixture for the bottom layer.

Here's some clothing links for you:

www.marika.com
Shiva's clothing (The seamless tank is VERY SOFT.)

www.bepresent.com
I got the Agility pants in black for Mother's Day. Very comfortable! They have a stretch to them too. Remind me of Prana's pants. The lotus agility pants fit a bit tighter at the hips. The yoga store only had them in capris. I'm not a capri kind of girl!

www.lululemon.com
It's better if you can find a retailer near you than ordering through customer service. If there isn't a store near you, look for other retailers who carry their products. I like their instructor pants better than the reverse groove pants because the bottoms aren't as flaired. The spark tank makes me look a bit preggo. But, it's soooo comfortable! The deep V tank shows A LOT of cleavage!!!!! Their tops run a bit small for me. I just go up a size. If you have a Lululemon store nearby, they do free hem alterations on the pants. The regular pant hem fits me and I'm 5'3".

I don't have Prana's web site on hand. But, the have some cute clothes too. I also like Nike cardio and Nike trainers. But, I need to spread the love to other brands! LOL There's some more clothing retailers I've heard of, but haven't tried.

Gotta go now! Last piece of CC is being saved for Luke's gf. I'm making another one for Phil's mother. Her bd is coming up at the end of May. :)

Have a great Mother's Day!
Wendy

Happy Mother's Day!

Hope everyone has had a wonderful day. Mine was super, starting with breakfast out with DH to yardwork (and DH helping), to a trip out to the desert with the dogs and the Rhino. Very relaxing time. Heard from 2 of our 3 kids, but not DD (which is unusual). She may be out of town or will pop in later. She's usually so good about wishing me HMD. Bought my mom some pots that had plants in them already. They were at church so I just set them in their patio area. She really liked them. We have a big BBQ coming up on Friday and that will be one less thing that she will have to do as she always feels the need to decorate and make things presentable.

No workout at all today, just the yardwork. Have dishes soaking in the sink. Need to go figure out a Recovery week rotation.

Traci, big HOORAH for you finishing your schoolwork!!! Knew you could do it, you just have so much enthusiasm and motivation. If you were nearby and I could afford you, you would be my personal trainer, yes siree!!!! First choice!!! I mean that too! Christi Taylor's choreography is probably tougher than anyone else I've done so far, but she's really fun. I just try to learn a combo at a time. I love the music she chooses. I think Cardio Collectables hi-lo is on the easier side. Fantastic 4 is a good value too. However, if Rhythmic Step is tough, I wouldn't try Christi. Not saying it's tough for you, just trying to make a comparison of complexity. I still haven't done all of my Christi's yet. Hope to hit some of them this week as this will be a lesser intensity week in prep for the triathlon. Aren't Firewalkers great? Really gets me where not too much else does. Hey, I think I can do unassisted Dreya Rolls because I have a big butt. All that momentum just gets me standing back up again. Hope AF is on schedule for you and me. Just like getting it over with.

Tracy, glad you got the bike ride in. 20 miles is a pretty good jaunt for someone that hasn't ridden for a while, and in 70 minutes too! Good job! Hope it was enjoyable for you. I REALLY think that a strong core is so important for cycling. I'm sure looking forward to the triathlon next weekend. I've only been to one before and the people were all so very, very supportive to each other. Different than the organized bike events I've been at. I know what you mean about people you know letting themselves go. I don't get it either, I keep thinking that if they could experience how much fun we all have with our workouts and activities, they would be hooked. But that, of course, isn't right. I think some people just hate to sweat. I really need to hold my tongue when my parents tell me about so and so who just hasn't been feeling well lately, has no energy, yada, yada and I'm thinking that whenever I see that person, they eat crappy, do no physical activity whatsoever. If I say anything, it will be perceived as me having a superior attitude and being a know it all, so I just don't say anything. I don't even tell people that I cycle as so many dislike the cyclists on the road too. Oh well.

Debra, I'm headed to check out MEEZ.COM. (Not now, got to post this first, that's how you lose posts, by jumping out of this whole thread, unless of course, you have another window open). Will check out the bike shop scene. Hope dog poop scooping was uneventful (like stepping in some fresh stuff). Hope DD is feeling better and the meds are kicking in. Mmmmm, Velveeta and miracle whip! Thanks for reminding Traci of her obligations, she does need to fix that really nice dinner for her MIL. You know, when you care enough to make the very best!

Nicole, I'm with you, holidays are special and I enjoy them, bad eating and all. Worse thing I had today was salami and cheese chunks while out in the desert with DH and the girls. Crackers would have been nice with it too. Yes, everyone loves Eoin Finn's DVD and especially Magically Hips. Hope to do that one this week.

Cheryl, enjoy your Cathe workouts. Which rotation of the X will you be starting. Think I missed reading about that. I'm excited that you are starting and can't wait to hear your reviews each day. We're all here for you.

Sandra, I've been going back and forth between both GRFS rotations, just choosing what I want from them. I'll take a break this week from it and not sure what I'll do when I come back. I may start a 1 part a day rotation. Now I have to check out Step Works. I don't hear a lot about it. Is it in DVD form? Your workout yesterday sounded really good. I wanted to do SJP this morning, but didn't get up in time. Oh well, needed a rest day anyway and it was an active one. Back at it tomorrow.

Wendy, I loved the cover for "This & That". I knew exactly what it was and it's a beaut!!! Spoke with my DS last night and he will be here for his birthday. I can't wait to make that for him. Think I will make it Wedn. as we are leaving Thursday night or Friday morning to go camping for the Memorial Day weekend. Do you think that's soon enough for eating it on Saturday? LOL, I better not get into it before his birthday. I'm a famous whittler from way back. Little slice here, even it up there. My bad. No, it will stay special for him. I had to look really hard to find you amongst the other kids in the picture. You are so young looking and beautiful!!! Bet they love having a crazy and fun mom (most of the time). Thanks for posting the workout clothes links. Very interesting. I can't imagine myself working out in pants. I hate being too hot while working out. Heck, I open the doors usually and have the fan on. If fact, as soon as I turn on the ceiling fan, the dogs go run to the back door.

Amy, your meal today sounds so yummy, much better than my salami and cheese wedges out in the desert. Sounds like you are still enjoying your company.

Got to go now and check out some links,

Jeanette

Okay...just popping on to say good night...I ended up doing B&G floor and ab premix plus a couple of the leg conditioning drills from KM plus bis from SH. I think last week was kind of a refresher on SH and I am able to go to failure with my workouts this week. It's been a while since I did SH and I had forgotten which weights to use...but today with bis I was able to equal Cathe or go heavier with all weights and I felt really good about that.

I'm not going to spend a ton of time on personals...but please know I read all about you guys...

Jeanette...So glad you had a nice day with DH and the pups! I have kind of given up on the yard work, since this yard is only going to be mine for another month! I am planning on pouring all my yard energies into the new house.

Sandra...Traci was talking about my meez pic...No I have not posted any pics of my self yet! Hope you guys had a blast at the zoo...And I got a huge chuckle thinking of your DD's in with the monkeys....They eat those nits you know! I spent my day pulling a tooth out of DD's mouth...It's been bugging her, but it took about 2 hours to get it out...you know...lots of drama around the event!

Amy...I LOVE tuna!!!

Wendy...Your kids are beautiful!! You must be so proud of your brood! I did not allow myself to look at any of your clothing links...I do not need to be enabled by you! I only started living in pjs since DH went to Russia...He prefers to see me in much more revealing attire. LOL

Cheryl..Have fun with your last days of Cathe for a while!

Nicole...Hope you ate at least 2 cinnamon rolls for me.

Traci..Hope you are sleeping tight...with a mind clear of studying!

I am keeping DD home from school tomorrow...she's still really stopped up and her chest is hurting a bit...so I'm going to let her stay home..so that also means I get to sleep late again...always good news for me.

Okay...gotta play tooth fairy now before I forget!

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.