Xers.........Friday at last............

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

I see Traci must be sleeping in! I'll be back later after I catch up a little from yesterday.

Tracy

Hi all,

Today is cardio and I'm not sure if I'll run or not. It has been so bitter cold here the last 2 days.

Traci - Where did you disappear to yesterday? Isn't today a run?

Debra - Be strong, he is almost gone! My DH always wants to bring up every long and forgotten issue when he is mad. It is so unproductive. Maybe he needs to leave early for the airport.

Wendy - This just goes to show how it is easy to miss inportant information. I never realized that the CA was your Mother. I have been thinking all of this time, why is she going on such a long trip with someone she met on the internet? Yes, I did rest yesterday and I usually don't have time to do yoga on my rest day.

Kim - Better safe than sorry on the weights. You will have plenty of time to increase your weight selections.

TG - Let me know how you like the CCs. I've thought about them, but since I'm still going outside, I'm not sure they are worth it. Everyone seems to love them.

Nicole - I'm sorry you are sick. I like TBL and I think that many overweight people don't want to admit that they will have to work to loose the weight. DS's GF has an excuse for everything. I have a friend at work who has lost a lot of weight and she commented that when she first started, she could drop 20+ lbs in a week if she worked hard at it. I think people have to really admit that they have to change and that's not easy to do.

Laurie - I've been feeling a dry head at work too. As soon as I leave it seems to go away. Glad your meeting went well at school. Most of ours are very pleasant. There is just still one parent who is giving us grief.

Jeanette - A dog would be nice for GM, but can she deal with a puppy? I need to get my roots done too. I just don't want to fork over the 200. I had a hard time with Chrisi's Hi/Lo. Maybe I should try it again since I have a new love for hi/lo.

Sandra - Are you feeling more motivated this week? If you like step, maybe you should order Amy's latest step. The first 2 combos are med intensity then 3 & 4 really build, 5 is just fun step. It makes for a good solid, advanced workout. With a variety of low and hi impact moves.

Off to work, have a great day. Lea, hi if you are around. Carol, I hope the illness didn't get you again.

Tracy

Mornin' Xers!
Yesterday I got all achy & yucky in the head like a flu bug coming on so I took a day off as I was also really struggling with the lack of sleep.

Trained a client last night and took some flu meds to help me sleep- went to bed (ASLEEP!) @ 730 last night and didnt wake up til 5AM:7

My aches & pains are gone and other than a few pre-caffeine cobwebs I feel really good so far! I think my body was just worn out and not sick.

I will be doing CH-SH-TRI this morning along with 4DS BC cardio only... I have a client tonight - not sure how I'll manage it but need to get back on a Mon-Sat schedule since I am going to the bay again weekly... I need Kenpo to be a bay day. I'll play around with it & see.

TRACY::::: I see you are ready for your weekend!:7 The first week back to work is always so hard... People look like zombies around here!~ I need to get my ipod charged today and will take it to the bay & run there tomorrow along with yoga day.... Hope you start to warm some- its back to the 70's for us this weekend.

Gotta read all about yesterday and then return with fresh java!

GREAT day to anyone I may miss this morning!

PERSONALS

TRACY
Very happy you got a rest day in... I think its amazing how long you can go without taking one considering how hard you workout. ITA about Kenpo- it is a great w/o when you put your all into it but doesnt require excess brain power to keep up with a high cardio factor. I am always dripping in sweat with that one- Big plans this weekend? Is all your Xmas stuff packed away already? We still have that daunting task but it will be next week sometime.

DEBRA
Lots of hugs to you & DD this morning--- I'm sure its just horrid dealing with your own stuff on the divorce but having to watch DD go thru her saddness at the same time. I know you'll find comfort with CB this weekend and soon things will resume back to normal but its hard going thru these ups & downs. ~ I think you'll be warming up again this weekend too so maybe you all can get some fun play time outdoors to help clear your head. :*

SANDRA
I'll be digging into those CTX cardios later next week myself. I've always like Power Circuit! Hope you got a good w/o with it yesterday!~ My hormones are definitely out of whack but its nothing that my meds can help- its the combination of ultra high stress levels in December (sandy) + lack of any real sleep all month + poor nutrition all month. No meds in the world can help me with that..If I had just done a little meditation each & every day I would be far better off. My BF% is sky high again and its directly related to all the above. - Whatyagonnado? Just getting back on track a little each day will resolve the issues in about 30 days. Its also cycle day 22 so thats not helping at all! Arent ya glad you asked? ;-) I grocery shopped in your honor yesterday but my list is surely shorter than your! Hope your calves feel much better today and you can walk "normally" once again.

JEANETTE
:7 I must have read your post wrong the other day! LOL - I thought it was day 1 for you! See what happens when we lose our sleep?! Maybe you should email me with the daily workout.... I look at the book all the time but since I have been off my Mon-Sat schedule it doesnt do me much good! My brain got use to sertain w/o's on certain days in round 1 and it seems stuck there! LOLOLOL How observant on the cake!!! I didnt notice the name spelled wrong! LOL - The candles reading 64 vs 46 was indeed one of the guys being funny- they told the waiter to do it before we got there. ~ I bet you DO miss your sister time! I dont thnk I'd get homesick AT ALL if it werent for my sister. Something about that bond- we havent always gotten along but man we lean on each other and do alot of giggling now that we're older. ~ Doesnt Tillie wear a sweater???? I saw one on a dog here the other day and rolled my eyes! Not like we live in cold country! LOL ~ Continued healthy vibes for DGM!

WENDY
^5 on jumping back into a workout routine! After your rest weeks your body will respond to ALL OF IT! Lucky girl!! Maybe you'll be a morning person now? You & Tracy & Jeanette & I can hangout before dawn every day}( Thanks for visiting the pic trail! I have posted more pics since you've been gone than anyone! That'll be it for awhile tho- at least til I go visit my nephew in a few weeks. ~ Wendells candle funny was a dig by one of the guys! He wasnt nearly as amused by it as I ! :7 Yes that was our waiter... a little doll!!! ~ I have no plans to workout on our retreat! While the rest of you are doing daily downward dogs I will go play with Polly! ~ What did Asia do to your cycle? We're on day 22 you know!;-)

KIM
Congrats on making it to day 4!!!!! Its almost rest day!!!!! Glad you are seeing the value of logging the weights....Week 1 is more like a tester week for sure & next week you'll be able to crank it up. ~ I chuckeled about YogaX being the yoga to make you learn to love yoga..... We'll see about that!}( Personally I moved on to Eoin Finn & Shiva Rea REAL QUICK!!!!!:7

NICOLE
Thanks for looking into the X+ info.... I hope Kenpo+ isnt dull- maybe once you get into it it flys by (Like PlyoX) I dont have a chin up bar so I think I may be out of luck.... We live on a tight budget the first few months of the year... Just had to write almost 10K checks for property taxes! UGH:eek: ~ I am so sorry you got the crud!!! Be kind to your body today and eat well. I am so with ya on the hair washing thing!!! My colorist told me to go 2-3 days between washing to help my color stay pretty.... I use LOTS of baby powder on the in-between days! :7

TEDDYGIRL
So glad to have you back around!!! COOL on the ipod! I hope you get TONS of use out of it!! Feel better- eat right and take care of that bod!

LAURIE
Glad your DD meeting showed improvement. It must be so hard for a young person to feel different.... I would never opt to turn back the clock & relive those childhood years. ~ LOL on the Sweet Potatoes! I didnt even eat those as I was pretty sure they'd be drenched in butter! I arder a DBL order of veggies instead! ~ They seem to be shipping the X+ pretty fast so I bet you'll have them in no time if you prder this week. ~ Hope your head is feeling better today

Happy day to all MIA Xers...... Hope the weekend brings lots of joy to all!!! I'll be around today and early tomorrow :* :* :* :*

Good morning. Today I will try to start with day 1 of the X again. I am very hopeful that I will make it through this time.

Tracy - Sorry that it has been so cold there. Thank goodness it is Friday right?

Traci - I am happy that you are feeling better. I will definately check out the book that you are reading from one of the more popular raw food athletes.

Hi to all other Xers. BBL for personals.

Lea

Good Morning Ladies,

Never ate dinner last night. Feel asleep as soon as I finished posting. Thankfully dh doesn't mind. Got up at 3 and chatted with dh till he left for work. Tried falling back to sleep. Got a little more shut eye. But, it looks like an early riser I may be!:)

I am so SORE today. Eldest dd watched me workout yesterday. She kept asking a bunch of questions about Cathe while I was trying to breathe and remember how to move.

Gotta heat up my coffee and read yesterday evening's posts, do some yoga, and get ready for my sister. She's spending the night here, and leaving for Bangkok tomorrow morning. Should be a fun night telling her all about what to expect. She might decide to stay home. Yes, I'm evil!

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Looks like it was a peaceful night on the check-in.

I won't be here this weekend. I'm off to borrow my friend's car. A buck ran into our car the day after Christmas. Thankfully, the children weren't in the car. Phil was driving to the local convenience store for a cup of coffee and paper while in the country. Anyhow, the buck smashed into the entire driver side of the car. It wasn't until I got off the plane did he tell me. I made him call the insurance company the next day. I had no idea that I only have a hundred dollar deductible. I was so happy it wasn't a $500 deductible.

Kim and Tracy: Phil used the recovery drinks after each X workout. I'll have to ask him about it. What would you like to know? We still have some of it in the pantry. Maybe, I'll take a swig once I start a new round.

Lea: WAIT for me!!!!! Okay, I'm not going to tell you what to do. But, didn't you just get over a month long stomach illness? Another week or two of building back up for the X would put us together.;-) I'm a mighty good cheerleader! Well if truth be told, I'm a mighty good guilt tripper.... I'd make you feel terrible if I had to do the X on my own! :p :+

Traci: Had I known I should be here to chat, I would have let Phil sleep in this AM. }( Maybe, I'll let him sleep in tomorrow. I click on your Picturetrail link almost every time I post personals. Gotta open a new window somehow.:p Today, I clicked on Lea's picturetrail. I see she still has her raw pics password protected. Which reminds me. Will we ever get to see Holly's lean phase pictures? WHAT!!! Debra has us working out on a RETREAT? Who does she think she is? Cathe? Tony? Dreya?:eek: ROTFLOL Maybe, we can head for the nearest beach or pool while the rest are huffin and puffin away to YogaX.:7 OH! You are so right! My body is resisting movement. I took frequent breaks yesterday and I'm still DOMMY!!!! I might not start the X for another week if yesterday was any indication of how lazy my body has gotten. I'm glad you took it easy yesterday! I need you bright eyed and bushy tailed come April so we can PARTAY!}(

Tracy: Where have you been? LOL My internet girlfriend in Bangkok is whiter than snow! I did spend a week at her house when I couldn't take the CA anymore. Her and her dh wanted me to stay with them until my plane left Jan 21st. If it wasn't for eldest missing her daddy so much, we'd be there right now! It's freezing cold here today too. Do you deck yourself out in Under Armor during winter time? I feel the need right now as I type. There's a draft from the window next to the computer. Frightfully cold!!!!

Debra: The CA could really relate to you! She had to put up with me and my sister bawling every time we came back from visiting our father. He lived in PA and we lived with our mom in FL. It was heartbreaking for us. We always felt disloyal because we didn't want to live with him. We only wanted to see him more. I think it was because he was the fun parent. With only having us a few weeks a year, he could afford to be the fun one. Meanwhile, my mom was left to raise us with discipline and morals. We were always better a few days after we got back home. Life returned to normal. So go on and kick and box your frustrations away today! HUGS!!!!!

Kim: S&A was one of my favorite X workouts! I'll be interested to hear how much you like YogaX. I was apt to do half of it... the first half and call it a day. Don't listen to Sandra!!!! She'll tell you the second half is easier! Ds is training to be an Army diver. Apparently, it's a physically and academically tough course. I wish I continued his swim lessons when he was younger. I am glad he took years of lessons though. Do you have any advice for him? His test is Monday. He can't swim freestyle. I think he has to do butterfly stroke or another one (can't remember). I doubt he'll make it this time. He might have to try out in 6 months.

Nicole: I had a typo in my post to you yesterday. Yep! I told Phil. I also told him you guys were thinking of having the get together in Vegas. He told me I could go anywhere except to Vegas without him. LOL He's fine with me going. Then again, he wouldn't say anything if he was. I wished he would have thrown a fit and made me stay home from Thailand! LOL Yes, I did get to visit my friend in Thailand. She's a WONDERFUL person. Her whole family are great people!!! We had a blast together. She's coming back to the states for a couple of months in March and April. We are going to try to hook up again when she comes. Did you know that the girl (Tracy M.) in X+ has birthed 4 children? She looks awesome! Yippee! I have a chinup bar!!! Maybe, Traci will give me her X+ dvds instead of buying a bar.}( ;-)

Hi to Cheryl, Carol, Amy, Amy-XX, Teddygirl, Laurie, Sandra and Jeanette.

I'll try to come back and chat later before my sister arrives.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Happy Friday Xers!!

I did Yoga X yesterday. I'm glad it wasn't anything more intense b/c my muscles were TIRED! It was good, though, and my hip is back about 98% so I was able to get through the whole thing pretty easily. Today's bonus cardio was 4DS Bootcamp cardio, which was really fun :D I like this one better each time I do it. I'm also more familiar with it now, so I'm able to get the equipment set up/broken down without having to pause and waste time (and have my HR drop). This afternoon will be Legs & Back along with ARX. I also have to get out and do errands with 4 kids in tow (babysitting my friend's DS), so pray for my sanity, lol!! Oldest DD starts indoor soccer tomorrow and needs turf shoes (they don't practice, just games, and the coach just called last night!), so I'll be trying to track them down. At least it won't be as bone chillingly cold as it was yesterday. It was down-right frigid!!

Tracy -- I hope you enjoyed your much-deserved rest day yesterday. Dec 10? :-O That's a long time with no rest!!

Traci-X -- I'm not sure if my body loves me or the water I drink, lol. I'm betting on the water. I'm down another 0.8lbs, pretty much back to my usual weight today :D I tried going to lots of stores to try on shoes, but none of the B&M stores around here carry very good shoes or good selection of cross-trainers. :( I've had good luck with buying online, though, thankfully. I'm glad you were able to get some extra sleep and kick the aches to the curb. I hope you have a great workout today (the Bootcamp cardio is so fun!).

Wendy -- Great job with the workout yesterday!! I hope your body regulates your sleep cycle back to normal soon! LOL about your sister. I'd do exactly the same with mine ;-) Yoga for you today??

Teddygirl -- I hope you're feeling better soon!! I'm glad you're enjoying your new iPod :D I'm still loading ours up with cool stuff. I have some Cardio Coach workouts I need to load on yet. I think it'll be cool to be able to watch Cathe on it when she gets her new workout blender together.

Nicole -- I hope you told that headache to SCRAM! I'm glad you're listening to your body and not pushing. I hope your illness is very brief and you're back to normal soon. I'm still doing doubles, but I don't think that was the cause of the illness. We've been traveling a lot lately (to my mom's house twice, to MIL's twice) and I think being around all those germs does me in. I'm sick around Xmas every year. I just hope I'm back to being healthy for the long haul now.

Kim -- Great job with Shoulders & Arms :D It's a fun workout and one that's not quite as killer as some others, lol. I hope you enjoy Yoga X today. I'm in the minority of this check-in that actually like it. Tony's no Eoin, but it's good for variety. I do use Eoin on my recovery weeks, though.

Debra -- (((HUGS))) I hope your good-bye with XDH is as easy as possible.

Lea -- Good luck with your upcoming X round. I hope you're able to BRING IT!!

Hi to everyone else!! I hope you all have a great day!

Carol

Quick question from all you P90Xer's gurus. Ever since I did Plyo X my calf muscles have been stiff more stiffness than DOMS. Last night I had very painful cramps in my calves. They were so painful that they woke me up twice, I couldn't get back to sleep for an hour I couldn't hardly walk. I put heat on, stretch and took some Tylenol and was eventually able to get back to sleep both times. The only other times I had this happened was during my pregnancy and my understanding was if was for lack of calcium and it definitely helped when I upped my dairy intake but that was years ago.

So what caused it this time? Was it from the diet I'm following phase 1 level 1. That's definitely less carbs/dairy and more protein than I'm used to. I have some toast and cheese when I work up this morning. I'm going to wait a couple of hours before tackling yoga. My calf is still so so painful. Any ideas??? Thanks, Kim

Classic/ Week 7/ Day 5/ Legs & Back; ARX (+All Step)

Good morning,

I wasn't able to get to sleep until too late last night, was interrupted by the toddler losing her blankets a couple times, and woken up early by DD#1, who has a friend sleeping over and is excited to start playing. In short, I'm tired. I won't attempt a workout until mid-morning, after a nap and 2 cups of coffee.

Tracy....Thank you for the Amy recs. I do plan on getting the Challenge Step 2, but was wondering which hi/lo was the best? Hi/lo Dome Challenge, or Hi/lo Extreme? I don't have a Bosu, and don't intend to get one. I also intend to order the Kickbox Extreme. Any others you would recommend? Are her earlier step workouts any good? I always like to get everything at once, so I pay fewer times for shipping.

Traci....Good grief I envy you your sleep last night!!!! Maybe I need some of those flu meds. It seems a number of people here are getting sick. We can't catch things over the internet, right? I see why you're feeling worn out and run down; it seems understandable. I think that as a superb cake you got Wendell. Very colourful. It looks like everyone was having a really fun time. So, are you married to a younger man? And have you ever noticed how Tony is 45 going on 46 in CST, but 46 going on 47 in KenpoX? How long did it take them to film those workouts?? Nice workout you have planned for today! How's the baby these days? Home again?

Laurie....I got your card yesterday! Thank you! What a lovely family you have :) You all look so nice. It's amazing how the proper motivation can help kids who struggle academically. I'm glad she's found her niche! Yes, mac 'n cheese is Comfort Food Extraordinaire. So many cheeses, so many ways to melt them over pasta....I let my DD#1 buy a Bratz dancing doll (she spins while in various dance positions) with some of her Xmas money. It's garbage. We took back the first one because we thought we'd gotten a defective doll. The second one performs just a badly. I'd like to take it back, but DD really wants to keep it anyway. I don't think a company should get away with making money off garbage products.

Lea....Go Lea go!!!

Wendy....Your sister's off to Bangkok now? How'd I miss that piece of information? Don't worry, I won't regale you with tales of The Parents' trip to Thailand. *I'm* not even that interested in the details LOL!! Once they get their pics pared down to a mere 500, I'll happily sit through the slide show. They appear to have gone to a totally different country than you. A picture taken just for me? Cooool! Thanks for the update on your eldest DS. I was wondering how he was faring.

Jeanette....I'm glad you're enjoying the tape! I got way more use out of the hi/lo workout on that tape, than I did of the step. I got the footwork on the hi/lo down easier than I did the step, which is unusual for me. What's the music like in these workouts, btw? I can't remember. I've heard of the Wii being used in senior's homes, too. The bowling is especially good with the Wii because you have to go through the physical movement to throw the ball, but don't have to hold onto the heavy ball. I imagine the weight of the ball is a deterrent for many people. DD#1 is a great bowler when she's not struggling to hold the ball.

Teddygirl....Oh dear, stomach flus are the worst. Feel better soon!

Nicole....The same to you: feel better soon! In the lean rotation, you don't work your biceps at all? Not even in pull-ups during Legs & Back? I can't remember if you do LB every Friday in the lean rotation? I would miss working my biceps; I like the pump :) I hope you're feeling well enough to at least enjoy the taste of the good food you've bought.

Kim....Oh dear, please don't count on YogaX to be the workout to make you like yoga! Few people seem to like that one. Personally I love the way it makes me feel, but consider it more athletic stretching than yoga per se. It's tough, but know that the most intense part is the 30-45min mark, then it lets up substantially. I've done fitness swim training over the years, and love love love it. I was born to be in the water, I think. Unfortunately I find getting to the pool and back to be a huge deterrent, especially when I can just go to the basement and get a great workout, and not have to worry about child care, either. But I see myself picking it up again in the future. You and DH wore out your bed, did you? LMAO! If that happened to my bed, I'd have to blame it on the kids' jumping. There'd be no other explanation for it ;)

Debra....Oooooh, by my calculation, XDH is banished already! Yay!!!! I hope you can spend extra time with DD today. Here's some extra hugs to pass on to her from us ((((((DD HUGS)))))).

Well, I'm off to have some breakfast and get the day going. Have a good day!
Sandra

KIM:::
OUCH! I always add in 2 bananas a day when my calf cramps start & that helps ... also tons of water on a regular basis;-)
I add 1 banana in AM and one as a snack in PM with just a tad of peanut butter (all natural of course!)

That may help....

ETA:::: I am not a big believer in dairy per se so thats why I dont address that part of your question.... Personally I'd always increase whole fruits & veggies to increase my calcium & hindereds of other nutrients.... ya gotta do what works tho:*

Tracy: This nasty virus is still hanging around I can feel it. Tonight, too bed early going to get more 12 hours of sleep, I tell ya it’ll be closes nothing under 10 hours. Good for you for listening to your body.

No workout for me this morning, I could barely get out of bed. I kept hearing Teddy saying get up your going to be late for work, I’m laying there thinking WTFC but I got me buns up took a hot bubble bath prepare eatery and off I went ARGH….I swear I need a 2 months vacation.

Kim,

I've heard the too little potassium can cause leg cramps, especially at night. Does that sound plausible for your situation? And ignore everything Wendy said about me and YogaX :p Like Carol, I'm one of the few who actually likes the dang thing.

ETA: Oooooh, lookie, I see Traci recommends bananas. Those are loaded with potassium. So there you go! Problem solved. :)

Sandra

Morning ladies,
Sorry I didn't get back on last night, but the power was out when I got home from work. We have a big storm expected here. Currently, it's raining outside, but expected to turn to snow, and big snow in the mtns. DH hooked up the generator that we got last year so we had lights and TV. No internet due to the router not being plugged in to power. I wasn't feeling like rehooking it up where we had power cords. I hooked up my old keyboard to the laptop so I can use the laptop still. Hope to hear from Dell today. The computer works fine with the external keyboard so guessing it is a keyboard problem and not a software problem. Not sure, though.

Tracy, I'm thinking that a puppy wouldn't be good at all or that whole household. DH said he saw a small dog at the prison program yesterday. Said it looked young to him. I'm going to call and see what they have. I know my sister suggested a lapdog, but a small dog that sits off to the side of her would be okay too. I yeah, I received Amy's new hi-lo dome workout yesterday. I think I will do it on Sunday as my cardio, instead of KenpoX. I need to work legs tomorrow for sure.

Traci, I too feel like some kind of bug is looming out there. A slight pressure behind my face. Every day at work someone else is sick. I've done the Zicam, Airborne thing in the past, which I think only prolonged getting it, and when I did, it was a doozy that just wouldn't leave. I think the germs were mad at me for trying to fight them. I caught the misspell on Wendell's name, but not the candle thing! Isn't it great going out with friends? We have a few couples that we love to go out and eat with. One of the ladies has Lupus and we treasure any time with her we have. Tillie does have a little sweater that we got her for Christmas, but when I remember to put it on her, it's been warm. It's a striped one and she looks like a fat candy cane when I put it on her. I'm way late for TTOM, maybe I'm pregnant? LOL!

Lea, so you are starting over again? I can understand it. How far were you into it?

Wendy, so your sister didn't go with you? I'm so confused! Hope you catch up on that sleep. I'll try making the coffee stronger. I love chai tea latte's so searched the internet for a recipe for it. I had a hankering to make it last night and needed the ingredients. Ran into town right after work to find the power was out in town, but Safeway was open still. Lots of people and the line was a mile long. I didn't want chai tea that badly to wait in line so out the door I went. I think I will go back again tonite :9. I can tell I'm not tiptop because I forgot to eat my breakfast this morning and don't even feel like fixing my beloved hot cereal. Sorry about the deer damage to the car. I've only hit a deer once (knocking on wood) in all the time I've lived up here. I barely hit him, I think and he ran off. Count me in on partying while we are together in April, but I'm willing to do whatever everyone else wants to do. That's awesome about your new friend in Thailand coming to the States. Hope you get to see her. I'm really excited about meeting all my internet buddies in person!!! I may be naive, but I think every dog can be a great dog if you give it the time and love, and some Dog Whisperer stuff if needed. We've just always had nice personality dogs that were pretty easy going so drastic measures were never needed. I'd like to get a dog that's already house trained, basic commands, etc. No sense stressing Mom and Dad any more. I shall call the prison program today. You are not taking my title of Laziest Xer away!! Let's get that straight right now!!! I haven't even done the bonus round in Shoulders and Arms this time. And pushups on my knees still. What a slacker I've been.

Kim, thanks for the input on the Bichon Frise dogs. I'm thinking they would probably be pretty pricey. We sure don't want any health problems. Seems like there are enought doctor appointments on the calendar for my parents here lately. Ooooh, Wii is expensive! I'll have to think about that. Maybe Grandma would be open to a chair workout, but then, that's probably not as fun as a Wii. One thing I've noticed about my parents and lots of older people is that they don't seem to want to deviate from anything they are currently doing, or try anything new. Me, I love variety and trying new stuff. My hobbies have gone from horses to bikes and now to some golf. Of course every hobby has equipment that you need to buy (right Wendy?)

Carol, glad you enjoyed YogaX and also pleased your hip is doing better. I haven't weighed myself since before Christmas, but I can still put my hand around my wrist so guess I'm okay. No double chin for me either as that's another telltale sign.

Nicole, darn on you feeling bad yesterday. Hoping today finds you feeling more chipper. I like what you told Debra re: her DH leaving she and DD. Guys seem to have such a hard time saying they were wrong. A pride thing I guess. I hate it. I definitely think having a dog would give GM something to do and feel like she's needed. She loved my sister's little mini-Australian Shepherd and always had treats from him when he came over. I don't think I've ever seen Fargo before. I'm not a big violence fan, but DH doesn't seem to mind it. Loved O Brother Where Art Thou. That George Clooney is drool worthy.

I like having plenty of time to post in the mornings, but that really is the best time for my workouts.

Latrese, sure hoping you are feeling better this morning. Please take it easy with your workouts. Not worth it for sure. LOL how Ted worded it nicely. I'm jealous you got the Ipod. I thought maybe that was what the kids had gotten me, but I got some new Corelle instead. Guess they were tired of my mish-mashed sets and some older stuff from the 70's thrown in there too. That old stuff is gone now, thank heavens! Avocado and harvest gold. Those were the days, huh? Reminds me of our home when we were growing up. Mom ordered avocado shag carpeting. We thought we were uptown. Even had a rake that you had to use on it to get it to stand up. With 5 kids, who thought that would be a good idea? It was fun to rake the first time, then the allure was quickly diminished.

Laurie, are you back to work yet? I need to catch up with yesterday's personals. That's wonderful about your DD's progress in school. Hope the headache is better now. Gosh, so many of us are puny today. Hope you get the new computer soon. Nice to have 2 in the house. What did we ever do before the computer age and internet and all? I used to get Taste of Home. Wonderful magazine, but I just don't have time to look at magazines. I'm too busy on the internet. Sad, huh? Yep, the laptop is still broken (keyboard). I can browse and all still though. DH feels bad. He was so happy to get this and now it has a problem. We'll get thru it. Very small problem in the big picture of course.

Debra, big (((((HUGS)))) to you. Hope XDH is on that plane and gone, gone, gone. Did he tell DD when he would be back? Can any job be worth losing a wife and DD? I've never been able to understand how people can want to promote to another location and leave their families at home, only coming home on weekends. Life for me is every day being with the other person and I'm not willing to sacrifice that
for a little bit more money. I know women in the prison system (officers) that have promoted to a higher position and move away, but their kids are still at home with the DH. Guess they think it's worth it. Never would be for me. Life is short, embrace it.

Guess we lost Cheryl, Swifty and Amy?

I've got to go start the car now and get ready to go. Wind is blowing right now, storm is on it's way. Then again, they've been wrong before :7.

Jeanette

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 2/Week 5/Day 5
Workout: Legs & Back / ARX / 4DS Bootcamp Cardio

I already have done the Legs & Back workout, just need to make sure I get ARX in for sure. Talked to my boss yesterday about changing my start time. He was good with it. I just have to make sure that I don't do anything that involves the TM or the step. I don't want to disturb DH with all the noise. :D The motivation to do a workout after work is getting harder and harder, so I knew I needed to change things up a little. If I don't get the cardio in I'm not going to feel bad. :D

My headache turned into nothing. So it was just the dryness from the low temps. Today no headache, and the temps are warming up.
:D

Tracy, We had that cold weather, and it wasn't fun. This morning was much better. Hope it warms up for you also. When we where at the meeting yesterday something was mentioned about difficult parents. Us not being the case of course. :D

Traci, So glad that your aches and pains where not from a sickness coming on. I'm hoping I get that shipping notice soon the the P90+. I saw a thread about the worksheets and will track it down. You can get the sweet potatoes at TR with nothing on them. And they are delicious. :9 Just for a future FYI.

Lea, What version of the X will you be doing?

Wendy, You soon will be back in the swing of things. Yep everyone is suprised that my youngest is 10 soon to be 11. She is very tall for her age group also. Probably will be as tall as me.

Carol, So you, Traci and I all are doing the 4DS Bootcamp cardio today. I think that we are all starting to think alike now too. :7

Kim, I remember having the same problem with my calf muscles, but not as bad as what you are describing. Stretching the calf muscles really well and getting lots of water help me. Make sure you are taking a multi vitamin also. I don't really eat that much dairy so don't know if that is what will help. And yes have some bananas :7 I was one of the very few that after doing YogaX was a yoga fan. Hope it starts you on the yoga journey also.

Sandra, I agree with you on the manufacturers. :D DD10 got the Bratz make-up and hair dolls. She has been having some fun with that, but the hair doesn't stay styled very long. x( She is having fun with it, so what am I to do. Glad you got your card, we had to mail that one after the holidays. Post office was closed when we tried the first time. :D :D

TG, Take care of yourself, and the workouts will be there when you are feeling much better. The sleep will do you good when you have the chance to get into it after work. ;-)

I have to shut down my computer, because the company did an instant install. Will be back!

Laurie

I'm back and now my computer seems to be working better. :D

Here is the link to the new P90X+ worksheets.

http://www.beachbody.com/text/products/programs/p90x/P90XPlus_Worksheets.pdf

And on to people I missed:

Nicole, I think the sports or some activity are important for the kids. My youngest isn't interest in sports, but she loves her ballet. I'm hoping she gets at least one more interest. Maybe singing is her thing. :D

Debra, Hope your day gets better and better. XDH will be leaving soon right? ;-) Hope DD is doing better.

Jeanette, Yes I was back to work on Wednesday. Can you tell that I'm really excited about it. I find it funny at the amount of electronics that are in our houses and at work. My DD's have asked me what it was like to be without all these things. Just like we could never imagine Mom and Dad not having a TV when we where young.

Have a great day,

Laurie

Hi all,

Kim - Try Tums for the cramps. DH used to get terrible cramps and then BIL, who rides road bikes finatically, told him about the Tums. He hasn't had one since.

Tracy

Totally sick this morning)x

Laurie, I'm glad they gave you the worksheets. I guess some people at bb know what they're doing.

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368_1199393270649.gif
[/url]

Hi there gals. Back again. I just completed chest and back and ARX. It felt great.

Now I will try to catch up on today’s personals:

Wendy – Your life is such an adventure isn’t it? Sorry that I started the X without you. But, I didn’t have the stomach flu for a month, it was passed in my family for a month or so. Thank goodness that is over with. But I will be rooting for you when you start the next round of X.

Carol - Thank you for the words of encouragement. I am proud of you for doing the entire Yoga X yesterday. That is a long one. I am glad that you enjoyed your workout today.

Kim – I would listen to miss Traci.

Jeanette – Hi there. Sorry to hear about your power. We are suppose to get your rain today, but no snow. Of course it never snows here. I was two weeks into the X and got sick. I took two weeks off, so I thought I would start over again.

Sandra – Thank you for your encouragement too. We have a bunch of cheerleaders here don’t we? It is great. Sorry that you didn’t get much sleep last night. That always is hard. You should start a blog on your new cake business. I bet we all would love to hear about it .

Teddygirl – I hope that you feel better.

Laurie – Holy cow I could have used you earlier for the worksheets. Thank you for the link. I am glad that you are feeling better. I am doing classic again. I want to build back up. Thank you for your Christmas card. What a nice looking family.

Debra – So sorry that you had to endure XDH. But he is gone now right? Now you can relax. I hope that you are doing better today.

Nicole – I hope that you are feeling better too. This is a lousy time of year.

Hi to anyone else I missed. I hope that you all have a great Friday.

Lea

Reporting in that CH-SH-Tri is completed as is 4DS BC... I just want to say that BC is VERY challenging AFTER all those darn push ups!

My results on X were nothing to write home about... but I guess thats why we do it isnt it? Almost all the shoulder moves in this one cause me a bit of discomfort so I just kept to lite weight, perfect form & 15 reps..... I like lifting in the 8-10 ramge so I can FF and just get on with it!}(

Was going to do personals from today but my attention is drifting so I'd better get a green smoothie and come back....

XXOO

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.