Xers - Final Friday of 2007

teddy16410

Cathlete
Mornin' Gals!

Chest/Shoulder/Triceps Day}(
Will be using my Perfect PushUp Bars for the 1 or 2 push ups in this one;-)

Carpet Cleaning Day as soon as my workout is completed & then we head to the bay until Monday (NYE). I have a client NYDay so gotta get myself home & ready.

Thanks for all the thoughts on stress eating/cravings... Wouldnt it be so cool if our bodies said: " Hey! Now that youve figured it out your butt stops expanding!"

My nephew has to go back into hospital today because his jaundace (sp?) is back in full force.... ripping by niece & DH apart....

We are planting a tree at bay this weekend (if its warm enough) & calling it the Sandy Tree - was Wendells idea, I hope it helps him process her passing.

If I remember to pack the laptop I shall be back tomorrow - my brain is still operating on half volume so we'll see.

Tried ordering X+ but it kep saying ERROR- you havent entered any info...WTH? You all will have to remind me to do it next week.

:7 Jeanette:::
Sounds like you are having a great week with family & friends! Besy part of the holidays to me. I dont use a laptop at home - I get all of Wendells business's hand-me-downs every 2 years when the company upgrades. Sweet deal:D

:7 Nicole::::
WOW is right! That house is almost as big as the one I live in!:eek: Just beautiful!!! DH still thinking of blowing it up? It seems to pretty to do that.... Glad ttom is here for you and now its all downhill!:7

:7 TRACY:::
Cold for us in highs in 50's and lows in 30's.... brrrrrrrr - you'd be out running in shorts I think!:7 Hoping your back is just going thru a little thing and not re-injured in any way at all. ~ Again I think you are dead on in your analysis of hormones role in our body. I always have more cellulite when I eat poor nutritionaly and during ttom... it goes away fairly quickly if I stay clean. ~ I havent heard of Black Walnut Cake before- anything that remotely sounds like a cake tho is usually A-OK in my book! ENJOY~ VERY sorry you had the mamm issues! Its dreadful when errors occur w/ medical stuff.... I will keep high hopes that all will be well w/ Girl #2!~ REALLY happy you like the Amy KB!!! I know you arent a KB fan in general so thats just too cool!

:7 LAURIE:::
Thanks so much for the card & family pic! What a happy looking group you have... It occurred to me that when I think of you I always see you in Renaissance clothing! :+ I guess you change outfits for SOME of the year dont ya?:+ I am very happy you are safe- traveling holidays in good weather is risky business but my oh my! I would have clenched hands for life after all that. ~ I am writing the property tax checks too today..... I always wanna cry when I see the savings account balance back down to nothin'! ;-) Enjoy those PP Bars!!!!:7

:7 SANDRA:::
So happy you got to see Eoin! I'm not sure Id be positive about his looks... He isnt actually IN PY4H is he??? Lordy- I can be so non-observant at times. :+ Sonny Day!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!:+ I hadnt realized that P&S was made for all of us who are creaky! I do have to do it more often!!:+ I was with ya on your Tosca comments... I didnt take you the wrong way... How could I? You & Tracy write more clearly than anyone I've ever read! See what schooling can do for a lady!? ~ The 2008 Sandra Sculpting Plan (2008-SSP) will be FUN! I bet once STS comes out you'll have a much easier time figuring it all out... If I know Cathe it will be the last lifting program you'll ever need! I think that what most people will have to do is look at STS but determine their personal body goals and adapt it... I hope Cathe offers various programs like X.

:7 Debra:::
Too funny about DD & hair color... ya gotta warn her that Ms Traci changes color more often than she changes outfits for school! No telling what color I'll be by April! :7 Happy shopping! We want pics of your BIG DATE!!!

Happy Day to all- I shall return at least once before I become a carpet cleaner!:7 HUGGS TO ALL!!!

Hi all,

I'm going shopping this morning to return some pants that I didn't try on, and of course didn't fit. Then to Costco to get just a few things. I'll come back and probably run, but I may walk instead. I still haven't decided. The running makes me tight when my back is out of whack.

I'm going to try to order the BB workouts when I leave here. I was just on the site last night and it wasn't up then. Then I was reading a thread on VideoFitness about SS vs Interval Cardio and ended up on BFFM website and it sure looks like he is advocating for longer cardio sessions. I personally think you have to mix it up, but always integrate a real cardio shock every couple of months JMO. It also still boils down to each person's personal goals.

Traci - So sorry about your nephew. That must be so hard for them. jaundice is not terrible in the realm of health issues is it? I don't envy you on the carpet cleaning. We had wall to wall for about 15 years and when we finally pulled it all up, after at least 3 puppies, and one old dog, the underlying wood floors were disgusting. We replaced all of the wood, and now have few carpets, which seems so much cleaner. It's at least easier to clean, but the dust bunnies frolic! DH gave me a kudos on Xmas day because I asked him to straighten up the bedroom, which he turned into a massive cleaning event, and realized how much dog hair accumulates and how hard it is to get up. I use an industrial shop vac. That' a nice idea about the tree. My parents have all of their dogs buried on the farm and have headstones too.

Jeanette - The laptop is the way to go. We have ours in the kitchen, so the kids or I can just sit in with everyone else and use the computer. Before it was isolated in another room. They were talking about you on the maniac's thread the other day and how fast you are on a bike. Good thing we are not riding at the reunion, because I'm not fast. Maybe that could be my new goal. DS got his bike, but the shifter is broken, so he has to deal with that. It's nice that you have such a good relationship with your sister. DH was commenting that after FIL passes away, he is going to give all of his siblings a piece of his mind since none of them can find any time to spend with FIL.

Hi to all who follow,

Tracy

Classic/ Week 6/ Day 5/ Legs & Back; ARX (+BodyMax step)

Good morning. I'm saying that very softly. I'm sleepy.

Traci....Have you watched the dvd that came with the Tosca book? You're kidding about "is Eion in PY4H", aren't you?? I'm pretty sure that's Eion I see in Kest's video. I don't spend much time looking at the tv when I do yoga. Or most videos, actually. We haven't had any discussions this round about that doll that Ned hid on the P90X set. I will not be the one to ever find one; I don't pay that close attention. Jaundice, huh? Fortunately there's an easy fix for that. But I'll bet your niece and nephew-in-law are just exhausted by it all. I watched DH do most of P&S last night, and maaaaaan, is he stiff!! I told him afterwards that his fitness priority for the next bit should be to increase his flexibility (lots of basic yoga and stretching), and to lose the belly fat (cardio). He struggles with a lot of back/core work because he has to do it with a spare tire around his middle. I want him to do weights, but keep it a secondary focus until he increases his overall conditioning. What do you think? Does that sound reasonable? I hope you're right about STS, and that DH will get use out of it, too. What kind of tree will you plant? I'm sure that will be a tearful moment for you all. Have a great weekend at the Bay!

Tracy....Damn about the second mammogram! Don't you just want to say: it's your mistake, you come to my house and do it here! I hope it turns out as well as your last one. Boxing Day is one of our inherited British traditions. We're not 100% sure where it came from. I thought it was the day the masters & servants exchanged presents, but DH thinks it's the day they exchange roles. DH may be correct. At any rate, it's not a tradition that we observe. As a kid I always thought it was the day you threw out all the boxes from the Xmas presents. I can totally see how Sweat would challenge you after an UB workout. I found it tougher, because he makes you hold the poses so much longer than other instructors. So, have you noticed Eion in the crowd, too, or am I the only delusional one?

Laurie....Another Perfect Push up person! Everyone will have to give me their reviews, so I can decide what I want to spend my Xmas money on. My newest fitness purchase will be a veeeery large mirror for the wall in the basement. DH is going to pick it up today. That should keep my eating on track, having to watch all the jiggle every time I workout!

Nicole....I have an 80g black iPod, but bought it before they made the screen 'touchable'. The new touch ones look so cool. I wish I'd waited. Well, that's just an amazing culinary feat you and DH have produced!! If that GB house were in my house, my children would use it for a doll house. It really seems like a shame to just stick it in the garage when it's done. Isn't there a contest somewhere that you can enter it into? Can you raffle it off at the local mall, for charity?

Jeanette....Is your laptop hooked up wirelessly? I'm loving that feature. It's amazing how far technology has come in such a short time. You'll get better at the CST pushups, I'm sure. And even if you can only do a few of each, as long as you're reaching your own personal limit, you're doing your muscles as much good as someone who can do more. Reaching your limit is the key, not quantity. Er, yes, I believe Jason is in ARX. You'd think I'd know, too, huh? LOL! I'll double-check this morning. I love the sounds of your lunch yesterday!! A woman's day out. How 'nice' :) Bryan is like Fabio doing yoga LOL! All he needs is the wind machine to blow those long locks around as he dashes from one participant to the next in his too-cool-for-words jeans. I found it a bit over the top in that regard, but in all it's a great yoga workout. I'll be doing it again.

Oh lord, time's flying by. I should be finished my cardio workout by now, and starting Legs & Back. Motivation is flagging today. Oh well, I'll just do my best....

Have a great day!
Sandra

Sandra - No I haven't seen Eion or Sean in the group, but I don't look much. I will try to look next time I do that one. A mirror is an excellent purchase. I don't know how I went so long with out one. I'm leary about the perfect pushup bars. Wouldn't they tend to rotate with the stronger muscles that we already have and not work the weak parts or am I missing the point? We just have plain old push up handle bars. I'm so out of the loop of new stuff. Gosh I'm such a nay sayer aren't I? Flexibility is a huge issue here and DH is so inflexible it is not even funny, but he refuses to stretch, so he will just eventually suffer the ugly consequences.

Tracy

ps, I couldn't get my order to go through on BB either.

Happy Friday Xers!!

Sorry to be MIA, but I've been bogged down with mucous. Yes, that's right, I have ANOTHER cold. ARGH! And to top it off, DH has a different germ altogether (fever and headache, no cold symptoms). The girls had it earlier on, though, and were both better after about 24 hours, so I'm holding out hope for him (he told me he was dying this morning, lol). I did get my workouts in both Wednesday and yesterday, though. I did Plyo X yesterday morning, which went well and didn't hurt my hip hardly at all, and I did Yoga X yesterday afternoon. I did modify that one quite a bit due to the hip. The pose that hurts the most is standing forward bend (yeah, great one to hurt on when there are 40 million of them in the workout, lol) so I used a block to come up to a level where it didn't hurt. I also cut out about 10 mins or so of the more vigorous standing poses (no twisting half moon!). It worked out ok. It is ever-so-slowly feeling better. I still have no idea when I did to it... Today I ditched the extra cardio due to all the congestion, but I will be doing Legs & Back and ARX later on. We're supposed to go to MIL's house for the weekend, but we're debating whether to leave tonight as previously scheduled or wait until tomorrow. My vote is to wait, but DH will probably decide otherwise, lol. Men.

Traci-X -- Shoulder is 100% :D It only hurt that day. I will definitely lighten up on that move next week!! IFKWIM = If You Know What I Mean. I'm aiming to do the extra cardio fasted, which means AM workouts. With my schedule, my usual workout time is in the afternoon, so my regular workout will be then. Sorry to hear about the setback with your nephew. I hope the jaundice clears up quickly and he can go back home with his parents! I hope you have fun at the bay and are able to order X+ when you get back.

Nicole -- Your Xmas sounds like mine! lol. Congrats on the iPod! We got one this year, too. It's so nice to be caught up on technology, lol. I hope you're feeling better today. AF can really make you feel cruddy! Your gingerbread house (mansion!) is BEAUTIFUL!! The boys must have had an awesome time working on it!!

Sandra -- I added in BathX yesterday, too ;-) It felt GREAT!

Tracy -- You're a brave woman shopping this week! lol. I have errands to run, too, but not any real shopping (just for food).

Hi to everyone else! I hope you all have a great day!

Carol

Sorry I never got back yesterday...but my life went to he!! in a handbasket just when I was posting. XDH found out about CB and to make an incredibly long story short there was a big hullabaloo which had DD and me crying...and XDH upset...Things were better later in the day...but kind of a traumatic morning....THEN, I talked to CB and found out that his ex-wife came over the night before to talk about some family stuff and was there for 'hours and hours'....so I was upset about that too! Good gracious, what a day! Anyhoo, went bowling with CB and his daughter and her boyfriend last night...and had had a really good time. I am still feeling a bit shaky today...but think the major emotional upheavals are over for now. I did not get my workout in yesterday, so I will probably just do Slo Mo back and bis today and cardio tomorrow. I lost one of those 2 vanity pounds, though, (due to worry I guess!) so the the day wasn't a total loss...LOL!

Personals.....

Carol....
You poor thing! I can't believe you have another cold! Do you think the more strenuous exercise is playing havoc with your immune system? Try to take it as easy as possible and I will keep my fingers crossed that you don't have to go to MIL's until the morning.

Nicole...
My goodness! The GB house is HUGE!!! I wasn't expecting it to be so big! Do you guys do a similar one each year, or do you change the design? Hope ttom is feeling a bit better today. My bowling game went okay...I was just hitting my stride when we had to go.

Traci...
So sorry to hear the little guys is back in the hospital..DD had to go under the bili lights too...It will be taken care of in no time...but I know poor mom and dad just want to have him home! I know this weekend at the bay is going to be tough for you guys without Sandy there. I think it is a WONDERFUL idea to plant a tree in her honor. Very sweet. have fun with those carpets today. And what kind of glutton for punishment do you have for a client who wants to workout on NYday?? It's a good thing you will be asleep by 8 on NYE.

Tracy...
Good luck with the shopping today. The crowds weren't too bad yesterday when I was out. But everything is already so picked over I didn't find what I was looking for. I know, I know the diet coke is not good for me...and no, I don't even drink the healthy ones...maybe I should try those to ease a bit of my guilt....LOL! I was thinking of you last night while we were bowling 'cause I was looking at CB's DD's shape...She is fairly tall (although everyone looks tall to me..lol) and slim...She has a very defined waist (which even at my skinniest, I never have) but her hips have broadened....I don't mean from excess weight...It's just her shape...I used to call them "baby-birthing hips" since she won't have any problem shooting out those kids when it's time.

Sandra...
LOL about watching your jiggle ever time you workout..Silly woman...I bet there isn't all that much jiggling going on! I have lots of little mirrors in my workout room...I really need to get a couple of big ones. The little ones do help me with form though. Have fun with LB today...Think of Dreya in her 'L' movie while she is moaning! The iDog sounds like a lot of fun...I bet my DD would love it! It's not that our NYE plans are that big...it's just that I only have 1 dressy dress that fits...and I don't want to wear it since it reminds me of XDH. For NYE we are going out to dinner with a couple friend of CB's and then we are (I know you are going to laugh) go crash this wedding. CB's friend is a hairdresser and she is doing the hair for this wedding and was invited to go....so we are going to head to the wedding in time for the band at the reception. Did you ever see 'The Wedding Crashers'? That will be us....although CB always changes his mind at the last minute when it comes to plans....you know how those transgenders are...so we will see.

Laurie...
Sounds like you had a nice Christmas...Thanks for the card, too, it got here yesterday. Your DD's are gorgeous!

Jeanette...
Glad you are having such a good time with your sister! It must be great to have her to hang out with at the holidays. I love the Dog Whisperer! He cracks me up!

Okay...I really have to go and push play. DD and I are meeting my mom to go see 'The Water Horse' this afternoon and CB is coming over for dinner. I also have some things I really need to get accomplished before XDH gets here tomorrow night. UGH. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

I can happily report that my workout is done! It wasn't pretty, though. I wasn't mentally in the game today. I think I didn't drink enough water yesterday and I'm dragging today. I'm going to guzzle it down today and hope I feel mentally refreshed tomorrow.

Tracy....I think you're asking a great question about the Perfect Push Up bars. Hopefully someone with experience with them can answer it for us. My problem with any kind of push up bar is that I find it very uncomfortable for my hands. I much prefer to have a flat hand on the ground, then to wrap my hand around a bar. Maybe I'm not doing them right? We have these blocks that look like yoga blocks, but each has a handle nested inside them, for doing push ups. DH likes to use them, but I don't. I agree with you on the importance of flexibility. I hope I can talk DH into making this a priority. He is awful about setting a goal and then working towards it. It's all 'come-what-may' in his world. Maybe I'll wait a day or two before ordering the new P90X+ workouts. They may be having a system overload.

Carol....Another cold?! Awful!! Did you take Vicam? ;) Enjoy your weekend!

Now I actually DO have to go grocery shopping. I ran out of time to do it yesterday. I'm trying to tell myself to embrace this little reprieve from regular life, but I don't function well when my routines are disrupted. I must have been a cat in my former life.

Meow,
Sandra

Legs & Back + CardioX(I hope)

I have been so lacking motivation to do anything lately. The house is in a constant state of upheaval and that stresses me out. I have to get rid of some old toys to make room for the new and I have been out everyday this week which is making that impossible. The food I'm eating is crappy, the workouts leave some to be desired, I'm tired, it's ttom. Does anything else want to weigh down on me?:p

Traci-X Have fun at the bay. It will be good for Wendell to plant the tree. I'm glad you two decided to do that. You have a client ready to start her NY's resolution right away, huh?:) So sorry to hear that your DN had to go back into the hospital for jaundice. At least tat is easily fixed, right? I'll be saying a prayer for him too. I'm glad you liked the gb house. It was fun to do and will be even better once it's off my kitchen table:p

Debra, I guess XDH had to find out sooner or later. It's probably better now so he can get over it before he gets here. Sorry you and DD had to go through that though:( And as if XDH doesn't have girlfriends, you know? As far as CB and his X go, she is a woman and we do tend to get a little jealous even if we're not with the guy anymore. I'm sure she thought she was the only woman in his life;) My DH was that way with his XGF when we first started dating. He would talk to her for an hour and I said, no way buddy! If you want to vent or talk about your feelings, you do it with me now. He listened:D Thanks for the compliments on the GB house. I think it will look really good with the snow and decor on it.

Tracy, So your back is out of whack too? Mine is probably acting up because of all the crud food and extra weight. I am so looking forward to the New Year! No more crud for awhile after that. Have fun at Costco. I have to go there too but I'm avoiding it until I absolutely have to go and I need to have $. I definitely need to shock my body with cardio soon. I think it's grown lazy as of late:p

Sandra, So you're off to the grocery store huh? I really need to do that but I think we'll be eating ramen noodles and chili until next week. That's what DH said last night and I told him with his cholesterol that would be a bad idea:p I swear come NY's day, I'm eating vegetables from that day straight to Christmas next year! This sugar, carb, salt diet I'm on is not working for me;) That's alright, we'll be on it next week, right? Everyone has told DH and I that we need to enter the gb house in a contest but darned if we know where one is:) It was fun to do.

Carol, Bummer you and DH are feeling sick again:( Men are such babies when they're sick aren't they?:) Thanks for the compliments on th gb house. The boys are looking forward to decorating in which I think we're going to do today if they ever wake up. Not that I'm complaining, trust me:)

Jeanette, It sounds like you're having a nice time with your sister in town. Does she work out on a regular basis or just when she sees your in shape little body? When does your DS go home? I bet it's nice to have her for a visit. I miss my sister. I got to see her at my brother's wedding but I didn't get to see her kids:( Yes, the gb house did turn into quite a project. I hope to get the decorating done today or tomorrow. I have so much to do that it has been bumped down the priority list:p

Off to workout!

Nicole

I'll be feeling this way until the 2nd}(

01_10036401102.gif
[/url]

Hi all,

I just threw out the last of the sweets. It was sad to see that cake go, but even one little nibble can lead to more. I didn't eat it for dinner last night; I was proud of myself for that.

Those of you doing the X again. Do you think it is more, less, or equally effective the second time around? I'm loving the new Amy cardio so much, I hate to give it up just yet.

Shopping is done. I could only find one pair of pants that fit. The mall was so crowded when we left that people were waiting for parking spaces. I just can't figure out what people need to buy? Then I went to Walmart and didn't get half of what I had intended to buy, which wasn't much. I just felt like I had to get out of there too, and the parking lot at Costco was mobbed, but luckily inside was OK. I hate to shop and couldn't wait to get away from the stores. I'm wondering if shopping is the national pasttime in the US, or is that just around here?

Debra - XDH had to find out sooner or later and I'm thinking it was probably better that it wasn't face to face at first. I'm with Nicole, I wonder if he has a GF? It's another hurdle you're past and you can just continue to mark them off until the book is closed. I'm sure happier days are ahead. Glad you enjoyed the bowling. It's mindless fun.

Carol - I'm sorry you are still sick. Maybe it is the stress from the workouts that is contributing to lower resistance. I kept an eye twitch during all of phase 2. Maybe you should can the doubles for a little while. Sorry about the hip too. When mine was bothering me it helped to keep and slight bend in the knee and not go too deep.

Nicole - Is DH away today so you can play? The low energy and poor performance for workouts is just another reason that I try not to eat the junk. I just feel so bad the next day. We will be eating whatever is here for a couple of weeks. I just had to get toilet paper and milk because we were completely out or I wouldn't have gone near Costco. I still spent 70$, it just adds up so quick.

Sandra - Sorry the workout was less than perfect. What's the saying? "Do your best and forget the rest." I am still contemplating another x rotation, but I was thinking that I sure learned a lot about exercise and myself while I was doing it.

I've procrastinated long enough. The trail is calling, so I'm off for a run. It is damp, 49, and cloudy, and that is not very motivating. The dogs don't seem to notice.

Tracy

Just ordered P90X+! It's a bit pricey but thank goodness for Christmas money. It might be the perfect thing to break up the monotony. I don't know what my back will think but I guess I'll find out.

Tracy, That crowded nightmare is why I'm staying home:) It's amazing how fast Costco necessities add up isn't it? Yes, DH is off to work. I have to make some sembelence of this mess, but I wish I could play:)

Off to take a shower and go to PT. Then it's cleaning for me}(

Nicole

Bring it!!!

01_10036401102.gif
[/url]

Back quickly for a short chat. I ended up doing Slo Mo back and bis and I am definitely feeling it in my back now! I also did ARX...just to say I could still do it...I did pretty well considering I haven't done it in almost a year! I took one quick break at about the 5 minute left mark...and I only did 40 of the mason twists, but other than that I thought I kept up fairly well! We had a good time at the movies...and I got a few things done around the house today. I still have some more prep tomorrow for XDH's impending visit....even though he obviously won't be staying here, I just want everything to look good at the house.

I will be doing yoga tomorrow to center before the dreaded visit...I guess I will have to get the P90X+ to add in at times.

Personals....

Sandra...
Sorry you are feeling so draggy today...Drink up that water!! You'll be back on your game tomorrow.

Nicole....
Poor dear...The holidays will all be over soon!! I need to clear out some of DD's toys too...that is one of my projects for tomorrow. I knew that XDH would find out...and maybe it was better that is was over the phone...I know he had an idea anyway, since we have mutual friends who know...but it was the first time he heard DD mention CB. I think CB's X needed to vent to him about some things going on in her family and he was someone to listen and who knew the situation. This whole holiday thing su**s since everyone is lonely and misses all of their old traditions that didn't happen this year. I am certainly not at a point I can put my foot down about that...and I truly think he was just being a nice guy and listening to this woman he was married to for 18 years...but it was still bothersome to me. But...CB is out right now cleaning up my XDH's car so it will look good when he gets in tomorrow...How nice is that??

Tracy...
Hope you had a good time on your run...I am sure the dogs did anyway...LOL! You are probably right about not having a face to face with XDH...I am sure it is the best thing for all involved. I have heard he has a girlfriend and he even alluded to it yesterday when he said he knew that it was harder for me to have a social life and not include DD since she doesn't see what he is doing and therefor is not aware of his dating. I hate buying pants....they never fit. I only buy jeans and skirts. Glad Costco wasn't a nightmare...sometimes that place can just be overrun!

I think I got to everyone else earlier today....and Sandra, there is a longer post to you above, too. Happy evenings to all!!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Hi all,

I had a surprisingly nice interval run even though I really wasn't feeling the love when I went out. It just goes to show that you never know. I had on way too many clothes and was soaking wet. I should have known better.

I bought the P90X+ workouts today. I was tempted to get the bar, but I'll just get DS to make me one.

Debra - I'm glad things are falling into place for XHD's visit. Get that yoga in so you can be calm and cool when he arrives. That's nice of CB to clean the car. It is hard to ignore longstanding traditions, especially around the holidays. Funny though, traditions are around us all of the time.

Off to bed; I turn into a pumpkin at 10.

Tracy

Traci-X, I was just looking at your website again and read that you were a consultant for Jenny Craig. I was too:p I only lasted a year though, not ten. Too funny:) Hope all went well today and you remembered to bring the computer to the bay.

Nicole

Bring it!!!

01_10036401102.gif
[/url]

Hi ladies,

Round 2, Lean Rotation, Phase 2, Week 1, Day 4 - Yoga

Finally on here tonite. Got up this morning with the intent of doing my new to me Christi tape and yoga, but my sister got up to work out with me so I decided on the Daily Bliss section of Eoin's. I think she enjoyed it okay. She just mentioned to me how less stiff she felt today. Tomorrow will be legs and back or something like that. I feel like just starting this whole week over as I haven't gotten AbX in at all. I'm undecided whether I should just "do my best and forget the rest", or start all over again. Will decide later. Plus, the eating of sweets has still been happening. Nothing real bad, just nibbling here and there. As soon as my sister leaves on Sunday, what candy is left is being thrown away. They've still been enjoying it.

Traci, how did the pushup bars work? I'm thinking those might be good for my stiff wrists. I love the idea of the tree planted in Sandy's memory. Hope the pain is subsiding a bit for you and Wendell. DH and I went through an awful time about 6 years ago when we lost 2 of our dogs in one month. Having a really nice time with my sister and her family. BIL got my old CD burner working on my old computer so I can transfer files to the CD. Thumb drive just wouldn't work. Darn that Windows ME.

Tracy, so far, I'm not ordering any new P90X+ DVD's. Maybe later, but for now, I think the results are more about the cleaner eating for me and that hasn't been happening during these holidays. You are so good with your eating. Way to go on throwing away the cake. You are one tough cookie! Oops, I had to mention those. Glad the run went well. I'm thinking that the bike ride Sunday may not happen as there is snow and ice on the roads now.

Sandra, loving this wireless internet right now. Sorry about the motivation. I'm having trouble getting on a role, but know I'll be back at it soon. Just a disrupted week, but worth it to be able to visit with my sister. I wish I had mirrors to look in while working out. Too much jiggle on me right now. My DH is a "come what may" type too.

Carol, darn that awful cold. I hate mucous. The last cold I got lasted at least 2 months. That was almost 2 years ago. It was awful. We have lots and lots of people getting sick at work. Hoping I don't get it. My other BIL is sick tonite. Seems like the colds that have been going around are short in duration. Glad to hear the shoulder is A-OK. I felt a little tenderness doing CST yesterday. Feels fine today. I think it's a good idea to skip that cardio.

Debra, so sorry about the drama with XDH. Well, does it almost feel like a relief? Hoping that his visit with you goes okay, I really am. Hope that you are getting plenty of rest to help cope with the many emotions and such. How was the Water Horse movie? That one looks good on the previews. I want to see the Legend movie. Nice of your CB to be cleaning the XDH's car. It's frozen here, can't imagine washing a vehicle.

Nicole, I sympathize with your feelings today. My routine is definitely disrupted, but I'm just trying to go with the flow. DH helped me put away the new dishes (after washing them) and get out the ones I need to get rid of. I haven't been eating tons of bad food, but just nibbling here and there. Bad enough, but the holidays will be over soon and it will be back to the grind. My sister has been working out for the last week as I suggested we do a daily check in. She does these very light, very short workouts that I think she feels as she tells me how sore she is. She needs to work on her eating too to see results. We are not spring chickens any more that can drop the weight like when we were in our 30's and younger. I did mention to her about how much my friend lost on Weight Watchers so maybe she'll check into that. Heck, maybe I'll check into that too. When will you get your new P90X DVD's? That will be exciting for sure.

It's midnight now, got to hit the hay.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.