Xers.......Fast Friday..................

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Happy post holiday day. I'm hoping everyone had a nice day yesterday and good luck shopping to those of you who are braving the crowds. I'll be back later.

Tracy

Hi all,

Yesterday was LL, some yoga, and I warmed up with the Wu and first 2 combos from Amy's new step. I think I have them down pretty good now. My legs were fried during LL and pretty much ached the rest of the day. I'm going to repeat this rotation one more time, but I may have to take a few days recovery before I start the second time.

The Thanksgiving dinner turned out very nice yesterday. It was really good for me because I did all of the cooking, so I knew exactly what was in everything (eg chemicals, and there were none except in the jello w/the chemical whipped topping Cool Whip). The last thing that I put in the oven was the corn bread and 10 minutes after that, at 3:30, it got really windy, and the power went out for almost 2 hours. The corn bread did cook from the residual heat in the oven, but I bet that really messed up a lot of peoples' Thanksgiving feasts.

FIL and the rest of the guests left around 6:30. DS and I were watching Southpark reruns on the computer, and about 7 DH asks me what's for dinner?......Left-overs Honey:-

It's funny because I was just wondering the other day if the group would ever be able to get together, then Jeanette makes the suggestion. I surely would be up for a gathering and my house is always an option. I live close to two major airports, so you all might be able to get cheap flights if you booked early enough. And there's always sight seeing in DC, if that is of interest to anyone. We rarely go, but it is nice to see if you never have been. Obviously, I prefer the mountains, which are relatively close too, but I've drug the family to DC a few times, and FILs name is on the WWII memorial, which I would like to see at some point. I'll have to have an excuse to go over there. My grad school was in DC, and honestly I hated every minute of driving/riding the metro to get there, but a visit would be nice.

Jeanette - Enjoy the Gauntlet. I love that one. No shopping for me either. I really hate to shop, and I REALLY hate to shop with crowds. We had a cold front pass through last night and temps are supposed to be in the 20s tonight. I'm glad you suggested the meeting, it would be lots of fun.

Debra - I'm sorry about the tiff with CB, but I'm even more sorry about the emotional feeling. I've been fighting that for the last couple of weeks and I know mine is due to eating a few out of the ordinary things. Never the less, I've felt teary eyed at the drop of the hat and worrying over everything. I took flax and evening primrose 3x yesterday and tried to drink plenty of water. I'm feeling a little better today. Working with little urchins is sure to get you sick. They are always germy from now until spring. What has helped me is to NEVER touch my face when I'm at school. I learned that after getting a nasty case of pink eye, but it helps keep the colds, etc. down too. I can't imagine starting over with another man and having to deal with differences etc. You be strong! The good thing is, if you find out major differences early you can avoid wasting a lot of time. There is something positive in every situation; it is all about perspective.

Lea - Glad you stopped by. What did you have for the holiday meal?

Traci - Eating at 9:30? I know you had to fix something else or direct Wendell to the left overs. Glad you had a nice time on the boat. It sounds like you have to be a real fisherman to want to be on the boat in those temps. Three days off and then starting the X! That might be a good way to get rested before the hammer comes down.

Cheryl - Hi as you fly by.

Sandra - How are you feeling after a few days of the X? I love C&B. There is a perk to doing a rotation and not having to think about the next day's workout. What is the history behind a Canadian Thanksgiving? Niave me thought it was only an American holiday. I had been eyeing Eions Pure and Simple, I'm in the mood to buy, and I'm going to Amazon after this. Oh the beauty of on-line shopping. Did his new one come out yet? Are you going to stick with Yoga X or sub? I couldn't go that long with just Tony, I'm still in love with Fluid Power.

Nicole - I love the new meez. I hope your celebration was wonderful. Keep that stretching going.

Swifty - Hoping the holiday was a happy one and that you found those yams.

Wendy - I hope that you are safe where ever you are.

Tracy

Good morning lady xers! :) Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday I had good intentions.:eek:

Yesterday I found the yams. Used a recipe I found on the Mayo clinic site. Just a bit of brown sugar, water, oil, (something else too I forget) mixed up with herbs, then poured over peeled yams and throw em in the oven to bake. Yummy! and easy! and healthy. Mom made everything else and it was deeeelicious:p I ate way too much!

DH and I just completed Chest Shoulder Tri and ARX. It was super fun to workout together. Yesterday I did a mish mosh of Imax 3 cardio only and KM cardio only total of 60 min. I felt a twinge in my knee later in the day. It's gone today.

We are having friends over today. Maybe she will take some pics of us so I can post my progress.;-)

Thankfully the sun is shining this AM. It's wonderful. Heading to shower up.

Maybe I'll be back. I'm being selfish with my posts lately huh? My bad. Forgive me for I have lots going on. :+

Hi all! Hope everyone is out getting all of their Xmas shopping done...not! I wouldn't wish the malls on anyone today. We are heading over to a huge craft show today. My cousin is a potter and she is showing there, so we will get a chance to visit with her too. They always have the neatest things there...all handmade, high quality. I am going to try to get some yoga in this morning, but my cold is pretty yucky about right now....also feeling a little nauseous..Hope it isn't the flu. Darn urchins!

Jeanette...So glad you had a great day yesterday. Nice to be so close to your family that you are able to get together easily for the holidays. The Gauntlet today, hunh?? God bless your little heart! Have fun at your golf game.

Swifty...Glad you had a good turkey day at your mom's. Yummy yams! Don't worry about the selfish posts...We're just glad to hear from you! I know you must have your hands full right now. How did your meeting go with the director at the Y?

Tracy...So did you guys have to eat in the dark?? I guess it was still pretty light out, though. Glad you already had all of your cooking done by the time the lights went out! My XDH's family lives in the DC area...and he and I lived in Centreville for about a year back in the late 90's. I really like DC...not the commute, though! Sorry about your emotions too! Glad you are feeling a bit better. I think my emotions are coming for lots of different things...this will be our first holiday season without XDH...and even though we haven't been getting along for a long time, it's still tough right now. I have just been feeling overwhelmed lately, and now I have a cold. Just kind of pushed me over the edge! And you are right about perspective...most of the I am feeling really strong about all of my decisions, but then the self-doubt creeps back in.

Well....I guess I had better drag myself up and take some cold medicine so that I can breathe the rest of the day. I am almost ready to get in a nap...and I've only been up for 2 hours!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi all,

Swifty - Don't be worried about 'me' posts. I think I speak for everyone in saying that we love to hear from you. We're all a little 'me' at one time or another. Glad you had a nice holiday and you had a workout buddy. Running with DS has been really good for me. I can't wait until his bike comes.

Debra - Get that yoga in! You can't substitute it's calming effects with anything else. From what you have said previously, you know you made the right decision about XDH, so don't look back. Enjoy your time with DD, don't waste a minute of that being preoccupied with BS, it goes by way too quickly. My Mom loves craft shows, she would be right there with you going from booth to booth.

Hi to all who follow.

Tracy

Classic/ Week 1/ Day 5/ Legs & Back; ARX (+ 30 mins cardio of some sort)

Good morning,

I hope your food hangover isn't too bad. I haven't done my workout yet. The toddler spiked a fever last night and developed a horrid choking, hyperventaliating type cough that makes her cry. I brought her into bed with us and we had a restless night. I didn't want to get out of bed at 5am and risk waking her up from her sleep. Her temp is fine now. I think she may have the croup virus. So anyway, I have to cram my workout into the day now. And I'm tired, sore, and stiff. My motivation is flagging, can you tell? Keep in mind that it's 8am, and I'm finally getting my first cup of coffee. In about 15 mins I'll be right as rain.

For those who asked, yes, I did do YogaX yesterday! And enjoyed it, can you imagine? I like that we hold the poses for so long because it helps to open up my joints. My quads, buttocks, back, and core have joined in the doms chorus. Next week won't hurt as much, right? RIGHT?

Tracy - What weight range do you use for LL? Are you trying to go really heavy, or keep it endurance focused with lighter? How many more days until you're done this rotation? Wow, what terrible timing for a power outage! Did you eat your dinner by candelight? Where exactly are you located? The Cdn TG doesn't have a specific event behind it, as yours does. It's more a day of celebrating the harvest. I'm sure we called it TG because you all did, but for us it seems to be a good time for a holiday and an excuse to eat. We're supposed to give thanks, of course. Eoin's new dvd was still in production as of last week. I'll have to check again. I did YogaX yesterday, and will take it one workout at a time, as to whether I'll sub. I definitely will keep Shiva in as a 30-min yoga fix throughout the week.

SwiftAmy - You did CST and ARX? Aren't you supposed to be done? I congratulated you yesterday :)

Debra - (((((((HUGS)))))))) Here's some tissue. Take care of yourself. This too shall pass, this too shall pass, this too shall.....If you read Traci's first post from yesterday you will see who Carrie is: a friend of Traci's who she is cajoling to join us. Where do you live, exactly? I need to get a map of US and figure out where you all are. My advice about CB: if he's proving to be more stressful than enjoyable, cut him free. This was supposed to be a light, soothing rebound relationship, not a second marriage, right?

Cheryl! - I thought you'd abandoned us. Nice to see your post yesterday. I hope you had a great day.

Traci - TG dinner at 9:30am?! Wow, you take that "don't eat close to bedtime" advice really seriously, don't you? It sounds like a great way to prelude a day of boating, though. Enjoy your holiday.

Lea - You're coming? Wow! It looks like we might have a full crew. Uh, could you please bring some more t-shirts, this time with XXers on them? :7 :7 :7

Jeanette - Awww, I was hoping we could meet at your house so I could put Step One of my "Become Adopted by Jeanette" Plan into play. I was hoping that when the rental truck pulled up with all my furniture inside, you wouldn't have the heart to make me leave. Apparently your idea of a meet up is being well-received by the group. Oh dang, I have to get a passport!!!

Does anyone live in Las Vegas? Can we meet up there? :) :)

Okay, time to start my workout. Have a great day!
Sandra

A resounding Yes to a group meet. I'm in! Would the spring be a good time? I think the roads and weather are a major factor while traveling.;) Ooooo, I'm excited!

TracyX~~~~~~~don't you just love knowing what is in the food! Congrats on cooking a T-day dinner feast. Wow! My DSIL and I should probably step up to the plate next year and take the cooking burden off mom. It's just that she's such a darn good cook.;) Boo hoo- on the lights out! Now that's a new twist on turkey day. :p I found a love for South Park after watching a dozen or so episodes and learning the characters.}(

DebraX~~~~~~~~~~Howdy, now get back to bed and rest up for the show today. I just love pottery especially when it's thrown by a special person:p Will you buy or just look? I have 10-15 pieces from days past tucked away in a box in the basement. I have nowhere to display in my smallish home;( Someday maybe when I build an addition on. LOL!The meeting with Sandy (Phys Dir of the Y) went very well. It was a light, fun / deep personal get to know one another talk. Basically, she tells me I have a ticket to ride at the facility. She will be available weekly for any ACE material ?'s. Also, there is a possibility she will have a Senior Physical Science student beginning Jan. which could act as my tutor. She told me that I could be very, very successful as a PT at her Y and outisde the Y too; female PT's are desirable (moreso than males). Very few individuals have the ability to know the material, and the personality (marketing yourself is 75% of success). In a nutshell, it was a positive meeting. Also, to be group fitness certified, I should begin taking all the classes and keep a journal of likes/dislike about the instructors, then build that into my own class. It would require I sit for certification course in the spring. So. I have a lot of work ahead of me. Whew! I know you are glad you asked.;-) DD is not sick? Sorry to hear of the tif with CB. Relationships are such hard work.x( IMO arguing shows that you care enough to have real discussions about really important "you" stuff. You have learned valuable life lessons by living through a divorce. Hang tough! You are one of "us" lady xer's. (((((((hugs))))))) Get better real soon! Do you have any Chicken Soup? That may help.:+

JeannetteX~~~~~~~The Gauntlet! Wooo hooo! Yyou can do this wo after celebrating T-day and a birthday? YOU ROCK! Not sure I would have the motivation to do wo following such a celebratory day. I would love to meet you in person:D When, when? Thanks for suggesting it.:+ I must check out the pics of the woodstove.

SandraX~~~~~~ hurting huh? Yoga should be good for you today, ahhhhh. You are really Bringing It! Yes! How was the class at the Y yesterday? Thanks for the Canadian T-day blessings! DH and I celebrated T-day in Canada in 1999 while visiting Nova Scotia. Lovely place, have you been?

TraciX~~~~~~~~~~~~LOL "I personally am ready to roll to the bed and forget this day ever got eaten! " Glad you enjoyed your boat ride with DH:) Sorry it had to be such cold temps. How does it feel to be a successful PT? :) I'll be asking you many ?'s in the future. It's so good to know you.:7 And thanks for your sharing. Mwah!:* You are a sweet sister!

Hello~~~~~~~~Nicole, Cheryl, Carol, TG, Amy, Wendy, Lea and those gals I forgot. Sending vibes to all you xers firing up to X-it up on Monday!

Off to make some pumpernickle spinach dip and clean the house. Yuk!;( I have lots more to share about my meeting at the Y over time. ;-) I mentioned you lady xer's to Sandy during our meeting. She embraces our forum relationship at Cathe.com. I got an eyebrow raise out her too- I told her about the RT and her personal success. So I will be shooting her the Cathe.com Blog link at least.:7

Good morning,
You gals are all making me smile today. I'm so pleased and thankful to be in such a nice group of well balanced ladies. I was telling my older sister over the phone yesterday about you all and our checkin. She and I are going to do a daily checkin too by email. She's wanting to lose some weight by Christmas (about 8#). She'll be coming up here to visit me so that will be good motivation for both of us. She struggles with being consistent with her workouts.

Today was The Gauntlet and I really, really enjoyed it. It was over before I knew it. I have to go get in the shower now and get ready for golfing with the priest. It's a sunny day outside, but I think it's still pretty cold. I also get to try out my new golf shoes. After that, I need to mail my defective Tracey HISM2 DVD back. Housework and leaf raking will be waiting too.

((Hugs)) to Debra today! Wendy, I miss you!!!

I'll be back for more personals later.

Jeanette

Sandra...Thanks for the heads up on Carrie...I must have missed that in between Happy bdays and Happy Turkey day wishes! I live in the middle upper part of North Carolina...You probably wouldn't see my town on a map, but I am in between Greensboro and Winston-Salem, which do make it on a map. Sorry to hear your poor little pumpkin is under the weather. She could have slept with me last night and we could have tossed and turned together. Hope she is feeling better today! Thanks for passing the tissues...I have need lots of them today. Sounds like you have doms pants on today.

Jeanette...You can always have you sis join our little checkin too, if she is needing some motivation. Hope those new golf shoes help your swing!

I am feeling pretty fuzzy right now, so I will be back after my nap to finish up with personals...I just took some cold medicine, so it is time to lay down my weary head. Back in a bit, sweet women. Thanks again for all of the support and advice you guys have given. I hope we can definitely meet up in the spring or summer next year....That would be wonderful!!!!

Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

4DS BC + SS 1A+2A

This is the last day of fly-by check-ins, I promise. I have so much to do. I have to not only get my house clean but I it's also my week to clean the boys classroom at school:p

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Question for Everyone: What was your favorite food of the holiday?

I think mine was the Pumpkin Cheesecake! Oh, no did I just say that out loud?:D:9

We had our pastor and his wife and children over to my in-laws along with my parents. My BIL and his wife and kids came as well. All told there were 20 of us. Lots of fun to be had by all:)

See you for real tomorrow,

Nicole

Bring it!!!

http://images.meez.com/user16/07/02/09/070209_10019023368.gif[/img][/url]

Well. That was a lot of work. I did BM2 36min step workout (on the 6" step so I didn't work too hard), then Legs & Back and ARX. 1 hr and 44 mins; 1124 calories burned. I have a feeling that if I sit down for more than a few minutes I may seize up. But it's a good tired.

Jeanette - The Gauntlet? Wow, that's over 60 mins! Did you do it all?

Debra - Feel better soon! Rest, rest, rest. I shall try to find a map today and put a pin between Greensboro and Winston-Salem.

Time to make some crafts with the kids. DD#1 is home from school on a PD day, and I'm babysitting her friend. We're all going to paint popsicle sticks white, glue fake jewels on them using glitter glue, and glue them together like snowflakes. Then, it's on to the Rice Krispie Square making event, using the Christmas Tree and Snowman molds that came in the boxes last year.

Cheers,
Sandra

Hi gang- Stopping in to say I'M ALIVE and have yet to stop eating.... We have an unexpected visitor this weekend and its a frigid windy weekend so NO ONE is leaving the house.... I shall have to try and catch up if I ever have alone time...

I did read quickly and want to give Debra HUGGERS like no other huggers she has ever had before xxooo

I'm with Jeanette- I shall be polite & volunteer my home for our visit but would really LOVE to get away myself......

XXOOXOXOXOXOOXOOX I MISS TALKING TO YOU ALL!!!! SAVE ME!
:* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :*

Okay...back after my nap...Still feeling kind of fuzzy...so ignore any crazy comments I may make. If my head wasn't so stopped up I would try to do yoga, but snot keeps running out of my nose uncontrollably, so down dog would not be a pretty picture. I want to take it easy tomorrow, too, since I have the Hannah Montana concert to take my DD on Sunday afternoon...And then I have to go Monday morning to register for classes for next semester. At least I have most of my Christmas stuff done, so I don't have any pressure to do anything right away. I just have DD's tree and some outside lights to do...which can all wait until next week.

****Sandra**** I live in what is called the "foothills" of North Carolina...we have no claim to fame except that the next town over, High Point, is the furniture capital of the world. Isn't that exciting? And of course, we have mini mules that live around the corner. You are trying to take my crown of perfect mother away again...I will definitely have you beat on Sunday while I am at a concert of screaming 8 year olds!

***Nicole*** Nice to see you pop by. Glad your T-day was filled with family and friends. I have to say, I didn't really taste anything we had for dinner yesterday...and I have no appetite. I will probably be the only person who loses weight over Thanksgiving weekend.

****Swifty*** Sounds like your meeting went great! Interesting that female PTs are more desirable...I guess a lot of men get into that field, but not as many women. DD is not sick....yet! She probably has some kind of special immunity to the germs that all of the urchins at school pass around to each other. I have a lot of pottery from my cousin already, but I did get a small bowl today. I find I can always use another bowl! I did get a painting today for myself and a couple of paintings of horses for DD as part of her Christmas...and a basket...since, like bowls, I can always use another one! We'll see about CB...sometimes I think it is just relationship growing pains and sometimes I think that it's just too much work...LOL!

***Tracy*** Thanks for the pep talk...I actually called XDH last night and we talked for a long time...He was very sweet and nice...but I think we both know the relationship as husband and wife is over...It's tough sometimes, though, since he has been my best friend for so long. I am excited about spending the day with DD on Sunday for the concert and surrounding festivities. Hope you are having a relaxing weekend with the family.

Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Traci...I am scared to ask who the unexpected guest is?!? But whoever it is doesn't sound like fun!! I figure everyone should come here since I have a big house that I won't have for too much longer!!! Good luck with your weekend...maybe you can pretend to get sick and go hide away somewhere! Thanks for the huggers, too, dear woman.

Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi all,
Had a nice 9 holes of golf. Enjoyable time with the Tony the prison priest. Think our lesson the other day stuck for both of us. I was happier with my drives. My short game of putting wasn't the best, but I did hit one long one that had to curve to make it in the hole. I whooped and hollered when it went into the hole. Love, love, love my new comfortable Adidas golfing shoes. I put the lilac colored laces in them. They already feel broken in. They really feel perfect. I told the priest about Zappos as he needs a pair of shoes too.

Tracy, sorry about the power going off at an inconvenient time. Glad you were about done with your cooking. Bet not everyone came out as well as you did. I'm with you and hate to shop in crowds. I do like to shop if I'm not too pressed for time and don't have to wait in long lines. I'm really hoping that we can get a GTG planned for next year.

Swifty, your yams sounded good too. Mine were so unhealthy and still calling me today (I succumbed once) so I threw them out a couple hours ago. Did your friend take some pictures of you? How fun to work out with your DH. I'm going to get this Bowflex dusted off and maybe my DH will come in here and work out with me after I start the X. Yep, that's my project this weekend. My mom and sisters are good cooks. I think I've cooked Thanksgiving once in my life. Usually, I do the big Christmas dinner every other year. We usually have ham so I don't have to make gravy. We usually have scalloped potatoes so no need for gravy. I have a fear of making gravy. Kind of like I did with bread making until my sister showed me it wasn't so bad. I'm hoping to meet you at our gathering. Sounds like there is plenty of interest. We just need a place and a date, huh? If you care to email me at [email protected], I will send you woodstove pictures. I finally got some housework done this afternoon. Egads it was dusty!

Debra, how was the craft show? I love pottery. Sure hope your cold hasn't gone into a flu. Hope the icky stomach feeling is gone. Don't worry about a workout or yoga or anything if you aren't feeling well. It'll all be waiting for you when you're more perky. I hate how cold medicine makes me feel. I try to avoid it as much as possible. So many times it keeps me awake at night. I have to say, I'm with Sandra, if you are having tiffs with CB already, may not be a good sign. I'm hoping for much happiness for you. Good idea about having my sister check in. I'll send her the link and see if she will feel comfortable. Not sure, but I think it would help her immensely. The golf shoes did help a lot and were oh so comfy too!!!

Sandra, so sorry about your young one not feeling well. My thoughts went to when we were young and got "croup", the sound of a barking seal when we coughed. It was a painful throat cough too. Mom would run the shower with lots of steam and that would ease it. I wouldn't be a very good adopted mother as I don't cook very well or often, but I do like to go do fun stuff!!! Think DH and I will be taking the Rhino out tomorrow for a nice ride. Thank goodness for the 1/2 windshield that we installed on the Rhino for the colder days. It really keeps the cold wind off of you. I think tomorrow will be a day to wear my Australian Outback duster, lined with sheepskin. It's so warm. I think that Nicole or Lea live the closest to Las Vegas. That's not a bad idea.... Lots to do there and might get some cheap flights. I actually did do all of The Gauntlet. Yep, the hands of the clock ticked past 60 minutes and I didn't turn into a pumpkin. It was a fun workout. She repeats deadlifts, dumbbell rows and upright shoulder work in that one. Bet if she'd left those out, it would have been under 60 minutes ;-). How did the snowflakes turn out? Your kids are pretty fortunate to have such a good mom.

Nicole, glad you could fly by. I didn't get to those leaves today, but then again, I forgot they were waiting for me. My favorite food yesterday was the sweet potato casserole, which I've now eaten too much of and it's in the dumpster outside, never to tempt me again until Christmas. Also enjoyed a carrot cake with cream cheese/orange frosting that my mom made. Think DS would like me to make a cheesecake for Christmas this year as that's his favorite. 20 is a good crowd of people. We had only 9 at my sister's house. Small, but nice and relaxing. Seemed so much less frantic. Christmas will be up in the 20's for us I'm sure.

Traci, so sorry about the unexpected visitor. Hope he/she leaves soon. Go with the flow, go with the flow... Can you just say you have to leave to go get some cigarettes or something and then drive home to Houston? Wendell will understand, won't he?

Going to watch Pursuit of Happyness tonite.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.