Xers' Check in 12/6 Wednesday

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

I just finished ARX. I break such a sweat with that workout in such a short period of time. I just love the results!

I'm going to do a run today and the back and biceps later, but it's off to work first. Hope everyone has a great day.

Tracy

Hi,
I have Shoulders & Arms and then ARX on tap for this morning. Elected not to do a Cardio Coach last night. I'm not wanting to wear myself down as I feel a cold in the distance. Yep, I want to save my strength right now so I can "bring it"! I'm going to keep monitoring though. Maybe get more cardio in on Friday as it's my day off from work.

Jeanette

Good Morning Xers!
Tracy: Great early AM workout!
Jeanette: Take care of that bug trying to get in! Smart move not over doing it right now.

I have Core Syn + Ab Hits Lower Abs 20 min on the schedule. I "started" yesterday so my PMS should be in diminishing form this week! Hooray on that.

My body is VERY sore from yesterdays marathon of workouts so will not be adding any cardio to today.

Gotta go read yesterdays personals I may have missed and will be back later to catch up.

Enjoy the early hours! My favorite part of the day.

Hi all,

Aren't we the early birds! Did a HIIT on the treadmill today ( my sub for Yoga x( and Ab Ripper X. Gotta leave early to go to Toronto.. Have an X-cellent day!

Personals from yesterday:

Seems we are one big DOMS around here!:p

Jeanette: DH'd Xmas party sounds like FUN. A buffet is a managable thing for me I as I am charge so to speak... BUT I was raised to eat whats put in front of you (including: bread baskets, butter , all side) So others serving me portions is dangerous territory for me.
Hmmmmmmm on your hunger. What will you do if it becomes worse? Will you add more Protein/Fat or add in carb? Just curious as I get CRAZY when too hungry and simply must know in advance what Im going to reach for! I too find that like you & X I need more wts since turning 40 a few years ago. My greatest struggle is still finding the perfect amount of cardio in terms of duration & times per week. I am so afraid of regaining lost weight because its such a struggle since my body is in peri-meno now. I think I still do too much cardio and plan on doing a CTX & Timesaver rotation after P90X . I've never done cardio less than 1 1/2 - 2 hours every day. Just a habit but an engrained one!

Sandra: HEAVENLY DOMS!!!!! I agree that Cathe is to thank for making PLYO do-able. I agree that this is an Xers Interval... Nice to see Tony incorporates all the crosstraining manuevers albeit subtle to the untrained eye;-) I'm eating in Phase 1 and just adding carbs (usually a sweet potatoe) on days I feel lack of energy or cravings coming on.

Tracy: I do extra lower as well. I keep it to extra floor work or things like KM leg drills and not more than 20-30 minutes at that. Just a little "something". Very COOL your sons are doing P90X as well!!!! Good thoughts on water gain as we are lifting more/heavier... wish there was a "Scale" that told us exactly what are little gains are each week!

Just finished back and biceps. I'm definitely going to feel this one. I used a heavy band instead of the pullup bar because I didn't sleep well and also because to use my bar I have to keep the garage door open and it is mighty cold here this morning. Still feeling chest, shoulders and tris from Monday.

BBL.

Buffy

Morning again,

Did Shoulders & Arms and then AbX. Good workout and I'm all pumped! AbX was a little easier move wise for me today and I managed 40 mason twists instead of the 25 on Monday. DH noticed my abs are getting flatter. I feel great and have lots of energy still, though I do miss my comforting carbs and cereals. I'm not getting the water weight fluctuations now like I did, not sure if it's cuz I'm drinking more water or eating less carbs. Hmmmm.

Traci, I'm looking forward to when Core Syn is on my recovery week. I love core work, not only for how it looks on my and for me, but for how it translates to my performance on the bike. Having a strong core is really important when riding, when powering up hills or steady climbs. If your core isn't strong, your pedal stroke power doesn't go to the bike, it just collapses in your middle. That's what I've found anyway.

Fox2, your sub for yoga is HIIT? Is YogaX something I'm going to dread? I'm looking forward to doing it soon.

Traci, I'm not as hungry this morning so far. We'll see how work goes. Like I said, I prefer the hunger (but not ravenous type) feeling to the blah feeling of your food (even though little amounts) just sitting in your stomach. I think my metabolism is already kicking up here. I'll be trying to figure out the correct ratio of weights to cardio. I'm not a cardio junky for sure and don't want to undermine my efforts by doing too much cardio, thus keeping my body in starvation mode. This'll be interesting.

Buffy, I don't have a bar and if I did, I'd probably have to put it on the doorway to the back deck and it's coooooollld out there!

Love this checkin!

Jeanette

Morning X'rs,

Today will be PlyoX. Yesterday I went to a heavier band and upped the weights. I was doing 20# for the pants and lawnmowers, and doing them with good form. :D Was able to do more push-ups on my toes also.

Jeanette, I really enjoyed YogaX, can't explain why I liked it so much. Maybe because the yoga I tried in the past just about put me to sleep.

Sandra, I found that the DOMS with these workouts was gradual. I actually felt the worst DOMS almost 2 days after I had done the workout. }(

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie,
I have YogaX tomorrow. Looking forward to it. I had DOMS from Chest & Back probably worse on the 2nd day. Enjoy PlyoX. I liked it a lot amd I'm not really a plyo lover.

Jeanette

Good morning,

This morning's plan is to do Shoulders & Arms, and Ab Ripper. My triceps and lats are sooooooo sore this morning, from Chest & Back on Monday.

Laurie and Jeanette - you're both right about the 2nd day being the worst. I can barely lift my arms upwards or backwards, and I have to do it sloooooowly. SA should be interesting. I'll do my best and forget the rest!

Jeanette - Yes, I'm feeling hungrier on this eating plan, too, and it's also a higher calorie intake than I usually eat. Maybe it's a lack of fiber that used to keep us feeling full longer (and bloated)? My appetite feels much calmer this morning. Hopefully I'm on the adjustment upswing. I am looking forward to YogaX tomorrow more than any other workout.

I'm doing very well at sticking with the eating plan, not nibbling, and not eating after dinner time. The bedtime bowl of cereal is a long-time habit of mine, so I've found that to be very difficult to adjust to. However, I'm waking up feeling brighter and happier, so maybe it's a good thing? I'm also going to sit down and choose a few core meals that I will plug into a calendar for next week. This will then be my template for the rest of Phase I. I can live with eating the same thing repeatedly when I know it's only for a few weeks, and will make my life much simpler. And if the family complains, then they can start cooking their own meals :)

Traci - Yay, on the visit from AF. I do NOT look forward to the aging process, reproductively speaking. Good for you for pulling out all you do, when you're feeling so hormonal.

Buffy - when you use the band instead of the bar, do you feel like you're 'compromising', or are you able to "bring it" just as well? I ask because I'm considering buying the heavier band to use, just for variety.

Laurie - Woohoo on seeing some progress!! What day are you on?

Have a great day!
Sandra

Happy Afternoon to all!

Fox2: happy Travels & good for you getting in your workout on a travel day!

Buffy: Great way to stick w/ your program!!

Laurie: AWESOME weight increase!

Sandra: Great job sticking to eating plan. It is so hard for our bodies to adjust sometimes. Your dedication is inspiring

Jeanette: Good to hear Ab Rip gets easier at some point! As far as Yoga X... first 45 minutes is all yoga poses & 2nd 45 are balancing moves & deep stretching. If you have the manual every workout is detailed in that. If you're a yoga person you'll understand all the moves they show... I was lost when I looked at it because I've never really done Yoga. Its difficult for me to get thru this one. The only way I can do it is to do the first 45 minutes in AM as my workout and do balance/stretches in afternoon as a great stretch. I just cant move that slowly for 92 minutes... I'm a jitter bug on a slow day!

Okay. Ouch. Ouch, ouch, ouch!!! Shoulders & Arms is done, and I LOVE that workout!!! I'm really happy that I challenged myself and hit all the right muscles. But the DOMS is already setting in! I don't know if I'll even be able to do one Down-Dog tomorrow! Oh well, that's what it's all about, isn't it? }( }( }(

Ab Ripper went much better today. I got myself better coordinated on the moves, and feel like I improved my form. Those Mason Twists are brutal; keeping up with that gang is my P90X ab goal. With all the rest, I'm fine. I'll be feeling it tomorrow - and I love that!

I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to look after my children when I can't use my biceps :eek:

Traci - even if you're dividing YogaX into two parts, at least you're doing it! That's very impressive, coming from a Jitterbug :)

ETA: am I the only one surprised at how light the woman in SA kept her weights? I know she was doing the higher rep version, but I was still expecting to see her using more.

Cheers,
Sandra

Hi everyone. Mind if I join in? I am on my first week of doing Phase II of the classic rotation. Like Buffy, I did back and biceps today. OUCH!!!! I couldn't even do the last round of biceps my muscles were so fatigued, and my legs from Plyo, ugh!!

But, thankfully, tomorrow is YogaX which I am loving these days.

I hope everyone has a great workout tomorrow;-) !!

Lea

Hi Lea,
Welcome to this check in. Wow, sounds like you are really "bringing it" if you have fatigued your muscles that much. I tend to try to be a little too careful at times, especially with shoulders as I really fear a shoulder injury. DH had shoulder surgery early this year, not something I want to go thru. Way to go. I'll be doing YogaX with you tomorrow.

Sandra, I hope to some day keep up with the rest of the kids on the mason twists. Tony motivates me.

Traci, I've done a bit of yoga so we'll see how lost I get with the moves.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.